Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• roadrunner6roadrunner6 Member Posts: 2
    have been negotiating a lease on a 93 linear (auto, heated seats) with a dealer. Cap cost after emp pricing and rebates works out to 23,489. Accdg to my calcs a 36 mo lease with 0 down (except reg etc. ) works out to aprroximately $329/mo. including tax @6%, and interest @3% - does this seem right?

The delaer is quoting me a residual of 47% on MSRP (36month, 12K lease), this seems low to me. Thought it should have been 49%.

Would appreciate if someone could run the numbers on the above and see if the above makes sense, also what about the residual. Is this arbitrarily decided by the dealer, or is there a specifc source that I can refer to that gives me the residual value. BTW, I noticed the SAAB deal on a linear advertised on SAAB's website for a 24mo. lease, is based on a residual of 57% after 2 years??

Thanks in advance for the help...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Residuals are set by the bank.. the dealer can't change them. And, they are based on the MSRP, so if the selling price is substantially lower than MSRP, then you can bet that the residuals will be low, also..

What is the MSRP of the car you are looking at?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• roadrunner6roadrunner6 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP ; $29,770 (inlcudes $885 transport and prep fee). Is there any way to check what the residual set by the bank is? is the residual negotiable? Reading through this board, residuals seem to be different, even though lease terms etc. are the same. Thx-
    I get about the same numbers that you do... If all of your numbers are correct.. You'll have first payment, security deposit, acquisition fee and title/license fees due at signing... Figure on $1600-$1700...

That is a pretty good deal for a $30K car.... I doubt you can lease anything else with that high of an MSRP for the same or less....

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• emtbenemtben Member Posts: 3
    I'm only a year into the ownership on my 2004 Jetta.... but looking at the discounts on the Saabs, it seems silly to not jump on the chance to own another Saab, for the same amount per month that I'm paying for a VW! I'm going to look at them today.

My question is, with the employee discount, can you bury negative equity into it? I'm only upside down by $900, and I'd really prefer to not put any cash into the deal. The $1600 or so upfront cash involved... can that be put into the payments?
    If you are really only $900 upside down, then sure... you can put that in the lease with no problem...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Including the upfront $? I know the amount due at signing includes the first payment, security deposit, etc.... can all of that be put into the lease, or do I have to pony it all up? I don't mind swinging the first payment, but the rest I'd rather not.
    They can put the acquisition fee into the cap cost, along with the $900 negative equity... They can waive the security deposit for a higher money factor, but that is a bad deal in the long run...

If your credit is good, rolling all of that into the cap cost won't be a problem, because the cap cost will still be well below the MSRP..

The key is going to be... will you really only be $900 upside down? Unless you made a big downpayment on your last lease, I'd be really surprised if that was the case..

But, you are looking at the car, and I'm not.... Good luck!

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yep, the last car was a purchase, with a low rate. I called and got my pay-info, and it was about $950 more than kbb.com booked the car out at trade-in value. The car is mint, zero wrong with it, since it's still so new. I feel weird getting rid of the Jetta so soon, since there's nothing wrong with it (other than it's underpowered, the 2.0, not a turbo or the V6).... Come on guys and gals, sell me on leasing the new Saab, money aside!!!
  • dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    Well, you said it right there--it'll be a much nicer car than a 2.0 jetta. But i think kyfdx is right--you need to get a solid quote on what it will cost you to get out of the jetta. KBB trade-in won't tell you the whole story. However, what if you sell the jetta in a private sale, and use the proceeds to pay it off? What if you swap the lease?
  • ktruektrue Member Posts: 2
    I was at a dealership in Southfield MI a few days ago and was trying to lease a 93 Linear. I asked the girl next to me, who had just leased a 93 Linear with manual trans w/ heated seats and metalic paint, how much her payment was going to be. She said $308 a month. That is the cheapest I have heard....and I have been to MANY dealerships. What I have noticed is that no matter how many incentives they give you, they are always quoting me around the same price....$340 - and up! It seems that they just increase the interest rates and lower the residual. I don't understand this. They say the bank is the one in control of these numbers. B/c when I ask them why the residual seems to be extremely low $13,000 for a 3 yr lease they tell me they can't change that number. Due to my research, this car should be worth at least $16-17,000 at the end of a 3 yr lease. Which means if you lease a $24,000 Linear I should only paying off around $8-9,000 over 3 yrs. Which should make the payment under $300 a month even with tax and intrest. It seems that they will always find a way to scam us! Plus with the new Ford and Chrysler discount....seems like they should want to give an ever better deal...especially since you can get a brand new Trail Blazer or Explorer for about $300 or less a month!
    1) The value they use for the residual is the wholesale value.. That is what they will get when they send that car off for auction at the end of three years... $13K sounds about right for a fairly stripped Linear..

2) Residuals drop every month.. The next model year is that much closer to coming out, and that affects the value of used cars... Remember, the residual value is a guess at what the used car will be worth at the end of the lease.. An '02 9-3 is worth less this month, than it was in March...

3) When you discount a new car by a large amount, it will naturally affect what it will be worth in three years.. If they are knocking 25% off the MSRP, then you can't expect a high residual percentage..

4) Cars that don't get discounted a lot have higher residuals (see BMW/Honda).. Cars with big discounts generally have low residuals (See Saab/Kia/Hyundai..any domestic brand).

In a nutshell... you are overestimating what the car will be worth in three years.. Saabs have terrible resale values.. And you can't go by the person next to you.. she might have put $2500 or more down on the lease...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ktruektrue Member Posts: 2
    Actually, the only money the girl next to me put down was a $500 fee they charged...and that's it!

I don't know where you are getting your info from, but when you look up the residual value of these cars on NADA and KBB, they are quite high. Usually around $16, 000 and up. So after we are paying off more than our use of the car, they are selling it for 16 grand still. The "wholesale" value as you call it is actually quite high on these! So I don't think I am "over estimating" what the car will be worth!

SO therefore, I am sticking with my original claim....that we are getting ripped off!
    KBB and NADA won't buy your car... So, their numbers are just pie in the sky..

The bank doesn't sell your car to someone for $16K.. They sell the car wholesale. either through an auction.. or directly to your dealer.. Your dealer then re-sells the car.. They have to make a profit on it... They won't buy it from the bank for $16K, then sell it for $16K..

If you feel you are being ripped off, then go elsewhere.. You know the terms of the deal upfront.. How can that be a ripoff?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ern16ern16 Member Posts: 9
    Hi. I posted this on the Car Leasing Fourm, but I thought somebody here might have some insight.

I am looking into leasing a 2005 Saab 9-3 aero under GM's current "everyone gets the employee discount" offer. The sell price of the car w/ all options except navi is $30300, which I think is good. However, the MF they quoted me on a 36 mo, 12k mi/yr lease was .00212. Does anyone know if they can bring this down? I'm looking for something closer to 0.0013. Has anyone leased with Saab under the current deal? Thanks.
  • cpa_howardcpa_howard Member Posts: 8
    Hi! I just leased one 93 linear in Santa Ana, CA. My car with auto trans w/ moonroof and metalic paint. I paid $5000 down and $307 for the remaining 35 months w/15,000 miles every year. Is it a good deal? Actually, I just moved to us and my credit history is not enough long. So I think the dealer could lease to me is very good. Nice car, I liked it
  • blane1417blane1417 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at a 9-3 ARC with heated seats, moonroof.

I am being quoted $ 30,167. Seems high to me. The lease I'm being quoted is as follows:

$1443 upfront to cover tax, title, license, acq fee and 1st mo payment. $393/month for 36 months. Residual 49%, MF= .00155. There is also $3k lease support.

MF seems low, however, i think the price of the car seems high.... anyone have an opinion? thanks in advance
  • blane1417blane1417 Member Posts: 3
    sorry, 1 more thing.... 12,000 miles per yr
  • fatrayfatray Member Posts: 1
    Just had a question. Was quoted $26,100 for a 9-3 linear with automatic, sunroof, and heated front seats with TTL extra. However, was also told about GMAC Smartbuy, which in the end would bring the total payments to $23,500, basically paying around $350 per month for 36 months, $1000 down, with a payoff of about $10,000 with the final payment. I don't know much about the GMAC Smartbuy, but that is almost an additional $3000 off?!?! Any thoughts. I was ready to just finance the $26,100, which I think is a good price. Is that a good deal too?
    Just guessing.. but, it is possible that the interest rate on the Smartbuy is fairly high... like maybe 7.9%.. and so, they give an additional rebate for signing up for that interest rate, which is then deducted from the sale price..

You'd have to do the math, to see which is the better deal..

Can you turn your car in at the end of the 36 months.. just like a lease? If so, that wouldn't be a bad way to go...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• schoupschoup Member Posts: 22
    If those are the only options that price is high the MSRP for what you listed is $32,670 including destination. Take the MSRP and knock off 9.1% that gives you the GM employee price then take the rebate of $2000 off and that is a initail quote...then start your negotaition. From what I've been getting as quotes that's how it seems to be working. The Residual of 49% and money factor are good. Also, watch how they are calculating your cap cost, some dealers will try to screw you with that if you don't know what your doing
  • HacksawHacksaw Member Posts: 29
    Here's my breakdown on the 9.3 Linear:

$24331 - car (new with only 7 miles)
    $1283 - auto
    $452 - metallic paint (smoked beige -- looks gray)
    $430 - heated seats
    $1032 - moonroof
    $850 - dest & dealer fee ($720 dest + $130 prep)
    SubTotal = $28378
    LESS $2500 rebate on purchase (Pennsylvania)
    Total = $25878 + tax/tags

We financed $20k with payments of $377/mo for 5 years.

There wasn't much availability on th 9.3 and dealers are few and far between here. They weren't willing to negotiate beyond the employee price nor did they try to tack on any extra fees (the $850 is what's specified by GM).
  • srn3srn3 Member Posts: 20
    I am looking to buy a 05 'Arc. The price of an Arc on GM's website under the Employee Pricing Program (Which has been strecthed till the 6th of Sept) is $26,253. Does anyone know whether any additional dealer rebates are still available (the $2,500 rebate mentioned in earlier posts)? What are the chances of picking up one below the Employee Price?
  • escalante1escalante1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I am considering purchasing a saab 9-3 and wanted to get some advice as I don't really know anyone who owns one. I was wondering how mechanically reliable is a 2004 or 2005 9-3? And if it breaks down are repairs/parts expensive. Also would you consider it to be an overall good car.

Thx, your help is very appreciated.
  • sobstoesobstoe Member Posts: 2
    Hey, does anyone know what is up with the employee price on an '05 Arc Conv...last week it was 34 something now it is 37?? sobstoe
  • sobstoesobstoe Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I'm on my 3rd Saab 80, 86 and 93...they used to be great cars and very comfortable....but I hear reliability has suffered since GM took them over...I think they are finally getting back to being a good choice though and I'm thinking about a new one.... my 93 conv has 124k and keeps running and running with regular maintenance...did have to replace the manual tran at about 115k...they are expensive to get fixed though at a Saab dealer as Saab parts are expensive.... sobstoe
  • observer22observer22 Member Posts: 41
    Horrible real world resale value makes Saab a much better buy used. On the regular 9-3 thread there have been posts about the 99-02 9-3 being a better built car. before buying try to locate a local independent mechanic who will work on a Saab. If you do buy, use autobarn dot com and order some Brembo brake rotors, Brembos even make hum-drum Taurus much more fun to drive. Ebay usually has nice selection of Saabs, also autotraderonline. Good luck.
  • picardspicards Member Posts: 1
    Nearly bought a 05 9-3 Arc with manual, driver's pkg, moonroof and heated seats but had lots of trouble getting the dealer to budge off the employee price. MSRP is approx 34800 and the discount brings it to about 32250 which I thought was a little high for one of the last 05's on the lot with about 275 miles and the 06's being rolled off a truck to be prepped. I offered 29000 (low expecting to negotiate) but was basically told they could not go below the employee discount price at all.... odd since TMV on this site states people are paying about 30500 for similar cars.... anyone have similar experience? Also the dealer stated they could not negotiate over advertising fees (about $500) and their own prep and handling fee (about $250) which had me pretty miffed too.... was I right in my offer or am I just crazy?
  • snaab1snaab1 Member Posts: 14
    You were wise to walk away from that (non) deal. Have you seen the pricing on the 2006's? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the base MSRP looks to be more than $4,000 cheaper. With a little bit of negotiating on a 2006, that more than makes up for the employee discount. Plus, you have better resale with a 2006 vs. a now year-old 2005 model. Yahoo autos shows the base MSRP for a 2005 Arc as $30,250, and base MSRP for a 2006 2.0T at $25,900. You get the same 210hp engine, and all of the other base features. The only different feature I can see is that Saab is not including the 300 watt stereo in the 2006 model, but is for some reason sticking in the famously horrible 150 watt stereo. Now I need some advice. I am about to get out of my 2003 9-3 linear lease and was going to wait around for the 2006 aero with the 2.8 turbo. This is a Cadillac engine that the Trolhatten folks have fitted with a twin scroll Mitsu turbo, but I'm unsure about the reliability and performance of this relatively new engine. The pricing on the "base" 2.0T looks really good, and the 4 cylinder is just a solid, time-tested engine that gets decent mileage. I believe the 03-05 Arcs included the 6-speed manual, right? The base 2006 has the 5-speed which is a superior transmission with better ratios IMO. I'm leaning towards the 2006 2.0T with 5-speed, and think it will be better in the long run. Advice?
  • jay45jay45 Member Posts: 4
    Hey all,

I have a 99 SAAB 9-3, 4 door hatchback coupe, with sports/turbo package (71K miles, leather interior, sun roof, low profile tires, overall good condition). Head gasket blew and subsequently the engine fouled and started to seize. It was covered by warantee although I had to fight for 2 months to get them to agree during which time I bought another vehicle. So now I have a car with a brand new, SAAB factory built engine with a total of 50 miles on it. Edmonds lists about $5682 for private party sale value if the engine had 71K miles. My question is what is a reasonable value for the car with a brand new factory engine and dealer maintained?

Please let me know either on the board or by e-mail. Thanks.
    You might have better luck posting here:

Real World Trade-In Values

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jay45jay45 Member Posts: 4
    Tried that but nobody replied there either... thanks tho'
  • ed108ed108 Member Posts: 39
    Saw an '04 Certified Aero Convertible wiith all options except NAV and 14K miles, asking $39K at local dealer, TMV of $36/39K (uncertified/certified) on Edmunds. Then I see that a new '06 with auto trans, premium pkg and cold weather pkg is TMV of $40,400.

Same 210 HP engine on both of them, leather seats on both, most of the same options. '04 Aero does have Onstar, two tone seats, the backup sensors and a few other options that I don't see even listed for the '06 2.0T, but mainly options I wouldn't even notice are missing as I don't need onstar and can parallel park on my own without my car beeping at me.

So at the end of the day it seems to me like the Aero of '04/'05 has been rebadged the 2.0T of '06 and costs just $1400 more than a 2 year old version of itself. Am I missing something here?
    I'm looking at 9-3 2.0T vs Volvo S40 and just wanted to get an if anyone who has bought an '06 9-3 could tell me what they paid. I like the 9-3 but I'm now leaning towards the Volvo S40 right now becasue of the $1500 in incentives and the depreciation is less at years 1-5 which means better RV /resale value. Saab's poor RV kind of scares me....I'm not going to be upside down on the car. The dealer starting talking about this total value promise by GM(Saab). I told the dealer..Saab lowered it's prices and added some std features that use to be options but if Volvo and Audi are offering incentives and they have better resale value/lower depreciation your going to get killed in the market. The Saab dealer is going to have to go significantly lower than the number I can get the S40 for to make up for that high depreciation. I told him to call when he has a legitimate purchase price.
  • dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    Since saab cut prices so much, depreciation should be lower. A lot of the depreciation was because of the incentives--depreciation is figured from sticker price, so if a car stickers for 40K and there's a 7K incentive, then you sell the car for 20K in 3 years, official deprecaton is $20K even though you lost $13K.
  • r34r34 Member Posts: 178
    If you are lucky, you may be able to get a Saab cheaper than a S40, depending on the trim and options. However, S40 is not really in the same class as 9-3. 9-3 is more closed to S60. Many people were "fooled" by the MSRP price of Saab. I didn't look at Saab until I found out the huge incentive and test drove it. It is the only vehicle I will treat it as my family member.
    For clarification I was talking about the Volvo S40 T5 being equivalent to the Saab 9.3 2.0T. I agree the the base S40 2.4i is not equivalent, it was to the old 9-3 Linear. The S40 T5 with the premium pkg(includes monnroof) vs the 9-3 with premium pkg and moonroof are very comparable in all features
  • birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 158
    can someone share with me how or if you can use a trade towards a lease? I have never leased before and have always use my trade towards a new purchase. Howm does it work with leasing?? I would like to find out prior to going to the dealer.Thanks for your help.
    I was looking at a '05 Arc w/ metallic paint & moonroof MSRP $33,195 (Invoice $31,391). I was quoted $27,399.....that includes $4500 incentive. I countered at $24,400 and he countered at $26,900. At $26,900 that is essentially invoice price minus $4500 incentive. I know he can do better since I when employee pricing was going on I was quoted $27,174 for the same features by another dealer. Back then the incentive was only $3,000. I'm looking at a target price at $25,650. Looking back at old posts I saw the exact same cars sold for $27,000 K and $27,500 in Feb and April so considering this is october I think $25,650 is reasonable, also I'm taking on a huge initial depreciation.

Any thoughts or comments?
  • snaab1snaab1 Member Posts: 14
    Run away from the '05, especially since you are concerned with the initial depreciation. With the revised GM pricing philosophy, the 2006 2.0T is over $4,000 cheaper than a comparable 2005 Arc. I picked up my 2006 2.0T at the end of August with a purchase price of $24,396. I am leasing it for 24 months, 15K per year, for $312 + TTT with no money down (granted, I get the GM employee price, and I had a $500 Saab lease loyalty certificate since I previously had a 2003 9-3). My '06 is really stripped down though - only metallic paint, ReAxs, 5-speed, ACC, and single disc cd - no roof, no heated seats, no fog lights, no Onstar... Minor improvements over the '05 model include the color matched door handles, and much cooler looking stock wheels. You also wrote about the S40 T-5. The Volvo is certainly a nice ride, but there are subtle things about it that I can't get over. For instance, look at an S-40 from the rear next time you see one on the road. You can clearly see the wimpy-looking exhaust, and about half of the gas tank which becomes visibly rusty and corroded after about 1 month. Don't mean to offend any ladies out there, but I have never seen a guy driving an S-40. Total chick car.
    I may still get a 2006 instead of the 2005. The 2005 is $26,900. What I don't like about the 06 is that they make the std stereo the 150W which sounds pretty bad, it forces me to get the premium pkg to get the 300W stereo/speakers which is the only thing in the pkg I care about, the 5 disc changer, etc. I don't care about. Why didn't they make the 300W std and just increase the base MSRP a bit...maybe $500. I also want metallic pt & sunroof which makes the MSRP on the 2006 $30,250...My local dealer isn't moving much on the price after two weeks of emailing and phone conversations $29700. They claim that there will be no big discounts/incentives like before on Saab....the discount is in the new pricing. Which I'm not totalling buying. They don't seem to be concerned about there competitiors offering incentives already.....Volvo,Audi,etc. The 2005 Arc I was looking at was MSRP $33195 -now $26,900 an the almost equivalent 2006 is MSRP $28370 but doesn't have the 300W stereo system; to get the stereo system(premim pkg $30,265) that's my deliemna I am torn on the decision. The thing is also I haven't heard anyone posting what there paying on the 2006. So either sales or slow or nobody is getting a deal worth talking about.
  • chaz318chaz318 Member Posts: 16
    this question really has nothing to do with prices paid but it involves $$, so this seems to be an appropriate place to ask it. I am considering the purchasing of a 9-3, and i was just curious as to what everyone here has been paying for insurance on it. i know different people different numbers, different companies, different records, but in general does this car create high insurance premiums, low ones, or however other way you describe it. thanks
  • jesses1jesses1 Member Posts: 9
    Yesterday I bought a new 9-3 2.0T, and I would like to share some of my experience.
    I had been looking for some time, and using Edmunds and other sources, I was sure that I would be able to handle about $30000 for a total price including sales tax (3.2% here). Using the Saab websites 'build your own tool' I knew I wanted the 9-3 2.0T with automatic transmission, premium package, and fusion blue metallic paint. After a couple of dealer visits, test drives, comparison shopping, etc., I was ready to take the big plunge. It is important to note that I have a working vehicle, so I felt no real pressure to settle then and there. First problem at the lot was that there were no fusion blues. This was not really a problem in that I know that usually dealers could get one from another dealer. The next problem was that the design it yourself tool is kind of a fiction. Just because you can put different features together, doesn't mean that they are really available that way. In this part of the country (Virginia) virtually all 9-3's that are imported are basic models or fairly well loaded models. It is almost impossible to get a 9-3 with the premium package without the sunroof (that I would rarely use) or the cold weather package (that I don't need). If I wanted the premium package with no sun roof it would require a special order from the factory and a wait of about 3 months. Like I said, I have a working vehicle, so I felt no great pressure. They found a fusion blue 9-3 with sun roof, cold weather package, and automatic that had just come in on the boat. With this knowlege, the salesman says, "Let's see what we can do." So he confers with the manager, and he comes up with a number close to $31000. Now understand, I do not consider myself the cagiest negotiator in the world. In my life, I have only bought two other vehicles new, and I have no idea how well I did with them. "How does this look," he says. I look at the number and come back with $30500, doing a quick mental calculation of about $1000 in sales tax. They confer again, and they agree to that number. So basically, I just bought myself a pretty well loaded 9-3 for $30500, before tax. A little more than I originally wanted to go, but I know I can handle it. Just for confirmation, I went to the Edmusds TMV tool, and I believe I did pretty well. In retrospect, I bet I could have been more agressive when I came back with my price. I think now that I might have been able to go closer to $30000. But as I said, I don't do these negotiations all that frequently. Did I do well?
    I pick the car up next week. Can't wait.
    The car is equipped w/ metallic paint, automatic, premium pkg, sunroof, cold weather pkg----MSRP$32,165...invoice $30,267....and you got it for $30,500. Saab was offering $500 hot button. Probably a decent deal especially since it seems you don't like to haggle. Happy driving!
    I started looking for a '05 9-3 Arc's since the my local dealer isn't moving on prices on '06's. Got quoted 9-3 Arc w/ metallic paint, moonroof, cold pkg---$25,400...MSRP $33,195 I talked to another dealer about Arc w/ metallic pt, automatic, moonroof, cold pkg quoted $25,748....MSRP $34,545...I think that's a pretty good price I am still waiting to hear back from 2 other dealers on Arc's identical to the second car pt.,auto,moonroof, cold pkg. Anyone else seeing similar pricing on '05 that aren't demos.
  • steve70steve70 Member Posts: 1
    I thinking about purchasing a 9-3 Areo (w/ auto trans - MSRP is just over $35k), and was wondering if anyone happens to know what the GMS discount would be?

Having never owned a Saab before, is the dealership the only location where the car can be serviced for oil changes, belts, etc? Are there any Saab "quirks" that I should be aware of?

Thank you
  • dairyshickdairyshick Member Posts: 129
    On the Saab website, they mention the military sales program in which basically every model is discounted by $4000-5000. Does anyone know any details on this program or have any experiences with it??...can I go to any Saab dealer to utilize this discount?? Any insight would be appreciated. I'm stateside active duty if that helps.
  • adp33adp33 Member Posts: 10
    ok, stupid question - did Saab eliminate one of the 9-3 models (the top end) for 2006?

2005 was Linear, Arc, Aero, right?

(I'm thinking about the convertible)
  • saablcpsaablcp Member Posts: 195
    Saab took the Linear and Arc models and morphed them into one model the 2.0T. Base 175 H.P.engine dropped and replaced by the 210 H.P.larger turbo.Standard equipment brought closer to that of the '05 Arc,incl.power drivers seat and dual-zone climate control.Body colored moldings and door handles also.Audio system power and speakers same as '05 linear with the control and display of '05 Arc.Pricing of'06 2.0T actually lower by $1,400 than an '05 Linear with Premium Pkg.Aero models go back to their traditional position in the Saab model lineup...indicating a Model with a unique engine output...in this case the 2.8Liter,250 H.P V-6.
  • orbit2orbit2 Member Posts: 1
    I have never owned a Saab before, but I decided to buy a convertible, and the Saab seemed to have four full seats. I found a 2005 metallic silver aero ragtop with automatic transmission, heated seats, colored tonneau for $36,000. The MSRP is 46, and the Invoice is 43,900.

Anyone know if this is a good deal?
This discussion has been closed.