Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• joezperryjoezperry Member Posts: 2
    Can the $2,000 be applied ahgains lease special on 9-3 conv?
  • allysonzallysonz Member Posts: 5
    You are right it is 0% only up to 60 months. However, I did get quoted (with my choice options) around 1,000 dollars under invoice price (with the 0% APR deal). I think this may be the best deal I can get. I called around and other dealers in the area cant beat it. :)
  • spidamanspidaman Member Posts: 4
    I bit, and bought a 9-3 convertible on 6/30 for $0 down, 0% finance over 60 months. I paid $37,850 for a 9-3 Arc convertible with auto tranny, cold weather package and steel gray metallic paint. Price included $500 off for loyalty (was trading in a Saab lease) and they bought out my last lease payment ($340) and, of course, waived the disposition fee on the lease car. Price was in line with Edmunds TMV price.

I wanted a manual tranny, but part of the 0% deal was taking what was on the lot. I am quite happy with the car, but the $685/month payments are still going to be a lot to swallow. We ran the numbers on taking the $2000 cash, and going with standard financing (6.9%), and the finance charges would have been about $3100, so went with the 0%.

In my case, the 0% promo worked. I had originally gone to the dealership to just buy my old Saab 2002 9-5 Linear off lease, but the 0% was too good to pass up.

Love the convertible! :shades:
  • tribaltribal Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 9-3 SportCombi on 6/5 and got the 0.0% financing. At the end of the day it is too good to pass up, and I figured there aren't going to be any more 2006s coming so the time is now. We paid $31,400 for a 2.0T with AT, Cold, Premium, and sunroof. A few hundred more than TMV but they accommodated us nicely in finding the exact car we wanted. Also I got (what I think is) a good deal on my trade.
    I went with the 0% for 60 months deal and bought a chili red metallic 93 2.0T with cold weather, automatic, premium package, moon roof for 29,436 before tax, title and doc fee. It turns out to be around 800 under invoice so I was happy with the deal. I had a friend who got his Saab 1800 under invoice but they werent offering the 0% deal at the time. So I feel that eventhough I was closer to the invoice price that in the long run (finance charges) I have a better deal. I have had my car now for about 5 days and I have to say I love everything about it! It is fun, not flashy, safe, unique looking and fast! :D
  • shawnmanshawnman Member Posts: 1
    My local Saab dealer has an automatic, incl.power sunroof, available with 2000 miles. His preliminary offer is $26,800. What do you feel is decent price for this vehicle or is this a good deal?
    Thanks in advance.
    Do you have the navigation system, cold weather package and what color. If you only have auto and moonroof I would say you are not getting a good deal especiall sice it is a demo. i calculate invoice price is 27701. so you are about 1100 under invoice. Since the 2007s are coming out and technically this car is used, not new, I would think you should get at least 2000 or 3000 below invoice. That is just my opinion of course so take it with a grain of salt.
  • zoomlenszoomlens Member Posts: 2
    Brand New 2006 Saab 9.3 sport combi. Fusion Blue (metallic paint). Auto Transmission. Moon Roof, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, roof rails

Sticker price $33, 415.
    Edmunds invoice $31,425
    Edmunds TMV $31,993
    Price to me $30,688

I think I can also get another $500 loyalty discount (this is my third Saab)

Did I do good? It seemed too easy.
  • hongbohongbo Member Posts: 1
    I got one at the end of Apr. on the almost identical car (no cold pkg and rail, but with conv. pkg) for $28.8K before doc and tax. Total is $31.5K. I think you can get 0% finance so your deal is quite good.
  • fryarjtfryarjt Member Posts: 1
    Trying to buy my first Saab. This is the deal; 9-3 Aero sedan metallic,touring, automatic for $33140.00. I was hoping to do better but want to take advantage of the 0%.
  • tookelsotookelso Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I recently test-drove a 2006 Saab 9-3
    2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It was the "base" model ("Linear", I think). It had power sunroof and heated driver seat. It is a manual transmission.

The price on the sticker was previously $28,000 but has been marked down to $26,000 by the dealer.

Dealer includes 3 year, 36,000 free maintenance.

The Saab website has an MSRP for a model *without* sunroof/heated seats for $26,600. Also, the Edmunds.com TMV for the car is $27,700.

Also, tax/title/license is not included in these prices.

It doesn't seem like the dealer would just flat out print the lowest price they'd accept on the window. Anyone else have a 9-3 base model?

Thanks,

--Nate
  • tratetrate Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Does anyone have a ballpark figure for the reasonable retail value of a 2006 9-3 Aero? I am a little skeptical about using invoice & MSRP to negotiate. The 07' models are around the corner, and I fear the depreciated value of an '06 once I take it home.

MSRP: $33,970
    Options: Automatic
    Manufactuer Rebate: $3,000 (I don't believe this affects dealer profit)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

T
  • peter977peter977 Member Posts: 1
    Dealer is quoting me $27,667 for an automatic w/sunroof and cold weather package. Breakdown of price is $26,600 plus titleing tax of $856, tag & title of 51.50, and processing fee of $169. Good deal?
  • saablcpsaablcp Member Posts: 195
    Yes,the '07's will be on sale by the first week of October and the likelihood is that they will have no or a very small rebate available.Therefore the $3,000 rebate on the '06's should address the issue of depreciation.Pay the dealers price minus $3000 on an '06 or the dealers price minus,at best,$500 on a 2007.
  • civilianxcivilianx Member Posts: 3
    9-3 aero sportcombi automatic w/touring pkg and cold weather pkg for $30k. Shame my buyers for my current vehicle were no-shows this weekend. From looking here and other forums, it looks like $30k even would be a very good deal on a 2006.
  • robinrenrobinren Member Posts: 1
    I assume you are talking about 06 model.
    just helped my friend got exactly the same car in black
    plus roof rail.

he took the 0 apr option,
    the deal is $581 per month 60month (tax 8.7%)

if instead of 0 apr loan and pay cash, the OTD price is $30200 ($27xxx before TTL)

MSRP: $36985
    invoice: $34878
    Edmunds TMV: $30691
  • civilianxcivilianx Member Posts: 3
    Yea, the 06 model. I would love to get into a 9-3, but would want the aero. Also, ALL of the potential buyers of my two Jeeps were no-shows this past weekend. Can't buy the Saab until I move at least one Jeep. Wife says 4 cars would be 2 too many... Currently have 97 and 98 Wranglers and Titan.

that is better than the offer I received. I was told $30k, but then there'd be about $1350 in TTL.
  • desmoheaddesmohead Member Posts: 1
    I'm being offered an '06 0-3 Aero, Metalic Paint, Touring and Cold packages.

I'm eligable for the GM supplier discount (not sure if good or bad yet)

Invoice $33,418 - must include $550 in advertising??
    -$4000 rebate or 0% APR for 60 months

is $29,418 a decent deal?

Other fees include $239 documentation, $85 transfer and title not included in the above figure.

Is this a good deal or is there more in the invoice price? Any thoughts as to how much more? I'm in CT and appreciate any help.

-Desmohead
  • georgehughes35georgehughes35 Member Posts: 25
    Bought a 2006 on 12-2.

Aero 6-cyliner turbo.
    Cold Weather.
    Nav.
    Touring.

The only thing it did not have was metallic paint and roof rails. 29,900 plus taxes and tags. This was a zero stress purchase and the most pleasant car buying experience I have had.
  • ezwinner701ezwinner701 Member Posts: 29
    so you got it for $460 under invoice after the 6k incentive right?
    $1100-$1200 by my reconning. I will check the actual invoice from the sale but based on Edmunds and Consumer reports the invoice looks to be a drop over $31,000.
    very nice. how long did it take you to get the deal? and what was the miles on your car?
    Well the main thing was lucky timing. We just happen to need it at the end of November. There also happened to be some models we wanted still on the lot but they were begining to move with the incentives. I guess I wanted to let people know if they were on the fence on an 06 your position is strong and only limited by availability.

We sent email 2 weeks ago to 3 local dealerships and requested quotes. Received all initial quotes via email. We test drive 2 cars over the week, aero auto versus manual 2.0. Test drove the car we ended up buying on Thursday night but decided to think about it. Another dealer offered us an additional $1000 incentive on an aero wo NAV. We called the previous dealer and asked for the same deal. They countered with an additional $900, just enough to keep the deal. They must have computer models or something bc we had discussed it and concluded we would commit if they gave us at least $900 additional off.

We called and accepted the offer. We never negotiated in the delearships. The whole process took maybe 2 weeks but I was out of town for half the time. These forums helped tremendously with out comfort level. Like many people have said I don't mind people making some money (I want dealerships so I can test drive) but I don't want to get took.
    Oh yeah, 107 miles.
    Excellent! did you take deliver on the 2nd? or was it purchased on 11-30? and if you don't mind, what wsa the MSRP?
    oh yeah one last question guys. did you have to pay tax on the manufacture rebates? or did the dealer take care of that?
  • rahulbpatelrahulbpatel Member Posts: 4
    Hey Folks,

I just bought the following at Kachina Cadillac in Scottsdale, AZ:

2006 Aero Convertible
    Silver Metallic Exterior
    Slate Interior
    Touring Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Windows Tinted (Dealer installed)
    -------------------------
    $43693
    -$3000 Rebate
    -$3275 Trade-In ('97 Acura Integra, w/ 114,000 miles)
    $37418
    $4035 Tax, Fees, etc.
    $41453 Financed 0%APR x 60mos

They gave me $3275 on Acura Integra '97 w/ 114,000 miles on it. KBB had it between $2915 and $3600.

Anyways, I hope I got a good deal and that this helps out anyone else.
    for 29k OTD, it was 10k off the msrp price before taxes.

it had thr auto, heated seats and touring package and met paint.
    Arg! You are right. I looked at the paperwork. They added taxes etc then took the rebate off the top. I wish I caught that and I would have fought for it. It was still a great deal and I have no buyers remorse but that was a good tip.
  • clancurryclancurry Member Posts: 2
    I've spent the last four years trolling the forums reading up and I finally bit the bullet.

Committed today on a Jet Black '06 93SC Aero with Auto, Touring Pkg. and roof rails ... MSRP of $36,965.

Boiled down to $26,133 before tax after GMS and $7,500 rebate. Drop in the just over $1,000 from GMCard and the $8200 they gave me for my '03 Alero GLS and I'll be driving in style for just over $400\mo for 48 mos.

Worth the wait!
  • clancurryclancurry Member Posts: 2
    I received a present in the mail today ... GMCard is handing out an extra $500 on the 9-3! It's nice when it all comes together
  • new2carsnew2cars Member Posts: 71
    Hi there,

I am in the market for a new car so I've test driven the Acura TL, Infiniti G35 and BMW 328i. I haven't heard much about the Saab but I did see it at the car show and was impressed with it's look, size and price. For those of you who own a Saab, what do you think? Any probs? Any rave reviews?

Any input is helpful! Thanks!
  • sidvsidv Member Posts: 64
    I've considered all those other cars as well and went with the Saab. It's a better value, especially if you want front wheel drive and are GM discount eligible as I am. For the most part, I think all of those cars are marginally preferable to the 9-3 for various reasons, but not by much and not enough to justify the cost differential. Plus, the Saab is more interesting and unique than any of them.

I am on my second Saab (07 9-5) and have to say that reliability problems (primarily electrical glitches) with my first Saab (04 9-3) very nearly made it my last Saab as well. I really did like the car however and for the money in my circumstances it was the best choice with no regrets.
  • crzycool22crzycool22 Member Posts: 18
    Just picked turned in 2005 9-3 lease and picked up a 2007 9-3 in Titan Gray, Manual, Cold Pkg, Sunroof, 10k miles/year. $326 per month - $731 out of pocket. (Includes 1st month and fees)
    residual $20,742 - 71%

Good luck
  • tjsaabtjsaab Member Posts: 2
    I actually considered each of these vehicles. Thought the TL was nice but "soul-less", adored the Infiniti was was put off by the negotiating experience. All things (MSRP) considered, I probably would have bought the BMW(it was a 325xi). Incentives and performance kapt bringing me back to the Saab. Truth be told, I also got $10k off the sticker of $36.5k on an '06 SportCombi Aero, plus a great trade-in off of my tried-and-true Ford Escape.
    Y'know, I haven't looked back. I would easily do it again -LOVE the Saab! Really quick (as fast as the Infiniti), better interior and features as the BMW. Can't recommend it enough. Go for it!
    Anyone have experience with SAAB overcharging on Excess wear at lease end. I spoke with the lease-end department and the woman in Akansas was the rudest person I have ever dealt with when I questioned some of the charges. $300 for a lightly scratched bumper and as small crack in Spoiler under front bumper.
  • mcclearyflmcclearyfl Member Posts: 149
    The "woman in Arkansas" was repeating what the dealer reported, and your real argument is with that dealer.

A few years ago we turned in a 9-3 after a 4-year lease, and leased another 9-3. The first 9-3 was in very good condition, and well under the mileage limit, but we got a bill for $560 for "damaged bumpers". Well they certainly weren't damaged when we turned the car in, but we had failed to take the mandatory photos that would have repudiated this evaluation. We negotiated to $450, but were effectively taken to the cleaners. Our status as loyal 9-3 lessees cut little ice!

I had a similar situation with a Buick Regal. Several months after turning in this leased car I received a phone call from GMAC seeking information. In the course of this rather strange phone conversation the GMAC rep let drop the mileage figure that had been reported by the dealer - a whopping 20K more than was on the vehicle when I turned it in. Fortunately I had the lease termination documents that clearly showed the correct figure. I never did find out whether GMAC determined what the dealer had been up to.
    I will admit there were scratches and I cannot confirm the cracked bumper, but they showed pictures of the inspection in the report. I doubt it was the dealer, but it could be - not sure what to do. I am thinking of taking this way up to the top. I may even call Dateline. The damage was really, really minimal. I've leased cars before with much more damage and was not charged. I think SAAB "rakes" people - I will never, ever lease or buy a SAAB again.

Can anyone help? Or does anyone know who to call at SAAB or those GM folks who can't seem to make a profit.
  • mcclearyflmcclearyfl Member Posts: 149
    I certainly hope your skills in dealing with Saab Leasing are superior to mine!

I finished up purchasing the second 9-3 that I mentioned in post #291. The car is now 5+ years old, and has been a first class performer in all respects. Aproximately 5 weeks after I had sent my certified check I received the necessary documents permitting me to register the car in Illinois, but Saab dated the purchase as the same date I had sent the payment. Illinois promptly charged me a surcharge for "late registration" following an ownership transfer.

I successfully appealed the surcharge, but the effort involved was hardly worth the savings.
  • sajixsajix Member Posts: 1
    Does the GMCard now work for Saab? I have 1200 on my GMCard I was going to use for a Tahoe until Gas popped from 1.50 to now (this is a few years old now obviously).
  • damian67damian67 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased in the northeast:
    2007 9-3 Aero
    Cold Weather package
    Touring Package
    Automatic Transmission
    Titan Grey

Price: 34,850 before taxes and any incentives.
  • realhawkerrealhawker Member Posts: 30
    Got a few lease quotes around the same price for a 9-3 60th anniversary with cold weather package, auto and moonroof

27 months
    $320 a month
    $1000 cap cost reduc.

Only about $25 a month more than a 20,000 msrp Nissan altima...

easy choice!
  • crs4_00crs4_00 Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know where I can find GMS pricing for a Saab 9-3? This is the GMS pricing and not the GM Supplier price I am looking for.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • ledwinkaledwinka Member Posts: 2
    Dear all,

I am hoping to buy a MY2007 9-3 Sportcombi (2.0T model) in the Northeast, specifically in vicinity of Syracuse, NY area.

The options that I am looking into are:
    1. Premium Package 17
    2. 5 AT
    3. Power Sunroof
    4. Premium Audio Package
    5. Cold Weather Package
    6. Roof Rails
    (Colors would be either Silver or Fusion Blue)

Edmunds.com, with my zipcode, shows a TMV value of around 30600. Interestingly, the Bluebook's 'New Car Blue Book Value' on the identical settings would show 27830. Why the discrepancy, and which one would reflect the real world numbers?

Also, the above price is only after the $3000 rebate that is effective from early April to early July. I will be able to make a purchase only after this period, so I am wondering if this kind of discount would be appliable after the effective dates, more so with the new facelift 9-3 due this Summer...

If there is anyone who has any information regarding this, it will be greatly be appreciated. Also, any recommendation in good Saab dealer in Northwest NY, or NY state as a whole?
  • izzmo7998izzmo7998 Member Posts: 17
    Is a this worth it? 2006 Saab 9-3, Brand New with no options except being an automatic. $21,520.
  • nishonbarunishonbaru Member Posts: 39
    2006 SAAB 9-3 2.0t Black with grey interior. 11,000+- miles, Auto. $18,900. The warrenty would still be good. What about the free scheduled maintenance?

Thanks
  • drssyoondrssyoon Member Posts: 27
    Purchased 2007 9-3 2.0T for $25100 after rebates, etc. Options were moon roof, premium audio/XM, auto transmission and metallic paint. Ellis Saab was easy to deal with. Nice car! We now own 3 Saabs!
  • zacrizacri Member Posts: 5
    Purchased a 9-3 2.0T SportCombi for $27,858 (after $4000 rebate and $500 bonus cash, not including TTL) here in Rhode Island. Options were Anniversary Edition, moonroof, automatic transmission and cold weather package. Our first Saab!
  • bonsbons Member Posts: 45
    Welcome to the the World of Saab
  • tpi52tpi52 Member Posts: 5
    my daughter is in the market for this same car - first, congrats. on your purchase....
    is this the OTD price, or do I need to factor tax, tag, prep....etc., in other words.. what did you pay to drive it off the lot - I assume that Ellis Saab is in Atlanta??? We're in SC - could be worth the trip - any help would be most appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.