Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

18910111214»

Comments

• pas914pas914 Member Posts: 14
    First and foremost, what is the asking price for each car? All things being equal, obviously the lower mileage car would be preferable. From whom would you be purchasing (private seller or dealer)? If its a dealer, what sort of guarantee are they providing upon delivery (i.e. if the car is not as described can you send it back?).

For what it costs to ship the car, you could consider scheduling a trip to pick up the one thats 500 miles away -- about an 8 hour trip? If the car isn't up to snuff, you've only wasted a weekend rather than thousands of dollars. If it is a clean car, you end up with a much lower mileage car with a longer warranty!

Lastly, before embarking on a trip or paying for an inspection, you could hit some of the Saab websites/forums and find someone in the area who is willing to look at the car for you and give impressions (where is the car?).

When I was looking for my car, I didnt limit myself by location. I knew I wanted a 2008 Turbo X sedan with manual trans -- not enough around to just look locally. I live in NJ and ended up negotiating with a dealer in Virginia. When we agreed on a price, I went down (about 5 hours away) with a check in my hand and ended up buying.

Best of luck!
  • 3kitties3kitties Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking for a new car; a friend recommended a Saab he is going for his 4th. I drove a 2009 Saab 93 loved it! Is $25990 -- this is $9770 off sticker -- is this a fair price for the 2.0 Comfort? This one is listed on the dealers website -- the remainder of the dealers in massachusett's just list their sticker. Is it realistic to expect the same deal at the other dealers in Mass?
  • pas914pas914 Member Posts: 14
    Not a bad price, but strongly consider a "pre-owned" car as well! I had a 2007 9-3 Aero (6cyl 2.3) that I leased as new, and after turn in I moved on to a 2008 9-3 Turbo X. The TX I bought was a trade in vehicle with 11k miles that I paid $25.900 for in April 2009 (car originally titled in September 2008) .. it was a $46,000 car being sold for $21k off sticker b/c it was pre-owned, b/c saab was in trouble, and b/c it was on a jaguar dealership's lot ..

Why am I bringing all of this up? Just pointing out that some "nearly new" cars can be had at incredible prices. Factor in the remainder of existing warranty along with possible CPO warranty (depending on where you buy from), and its worth looking at. If the right car doesnt turn up, the new car deals will still be there ..
  • dgeblerdgebler Member Posts: 19
    A local dealer has a 2007 9-3 Aero convertible for sale for $21,000 + $2000 to add CPO The car has 39,000 miles and was put into service 6/30/2007, so the warranty would be for 3 years or 61,000 miles.

The car has been on the lot for over 3 months. I was thinking of holding firm at $20,000.

Any thoughts?
  • avant1avant1 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at a 2009 9-3 demo (3k miles). Dealer has it listed for 24,900. Is a touring model. The price seems high compared to what people were paying a few months ago for no mile 09 Comforts. Think it would be possible to get this demo for below $20K? Warrantys have not started.

Any great deals on the 2010?
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    Most of the sub $20,000 deals were made when GM was offering almost $10,000 in incentives on all Saabs to get the cars off their books.

Now, that GM incentive money is basically gone, so the prices have gone up slightly. I think the '09s still have a few thousand in incentives, and I'm sure the fact that the car has 3,000 miles will reduce the price a bit.

I'd offer $22,500 and go no higher than $23,000. In 2 or 3 years the car's value will drop to about $17,000-$19,000 anyway.
  • samarasamara Member Posts: 10
    The $10K GM discount may be gone, but Saab just announced a $2K loyalty discount available to former Saab owners for Saab model year 1995 or newer. Add that to current incentives up to $5K, and you can get a 2010 Saab today for discounts between $5.5K and $7K:

http://www.saabusa.com/offers/currentOffers.jsp
  • saabadmirersaabadmirer Member Posts: 1
    I'm getting a price of $29,900 for a 2010 Saab 9-3 XWD (MSRP of $34,500) from two dealers in New Jersey and also from the AAA Buying Site. This was not a negotiated price but just the number I was given when I went to the showroom, looked at the car, and asked for a number. My question is how much can I expect the number to go lower? Any thoughts?

My other question is this, I have never driven an XWD drive before or any all-wheel drive vehicle for that matter. Any comments about what to expect, adjustments to make, etc. that you can provide will be appreciated.
  • zigster38zigster38 Member Posts: 117
    If you are not getting at least 8k off sticker, you are getting hosed.

Or wait till Jan and get 10k off sticker.
  • slee_stackslee_stack Member Posts: 28
    Its January and I have a local dealer offering $10K off sticker + an add'l $1k for previous Saab owners on 2010 models. They have a couple 9-5's and a dozen 9-3s. $11K off sticker sounds good.
  • gorlomigorlomi Member Posts: 12
    Hi

Can you let me know who the deAler is? I am not having much luck gettin a deal in my part of the country...
This discussion has been closed.