Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR3

Comments

• joshua1joshua1 Member Posts: 7
    Land Rover tells me that they are working on a fix for this problem. Once a fix is found they will do a recall, allowing you to either bring your car in immediately for repair, or it will be done automatically when you bring it in for normal service. They hope to have the fix ready within a month.
  • teldocteldoc Member Posts: 49
    We had the hazing issue with our door panels. After 9 months, they looked pretty scuffed up. The cure was spending about 60 seconds on each door panel with those Armor-All wipes. Plan on doing this every couple months but it totally cures the problem.

David
    St. Louis
  • saileastsaileast Member Posts: 16
    I don't think posting #2441is an explanation of the cause of the door hazing. I inspected my HSE just after it was unloaded. The inside door panels were covered with a heavy, rigid, form fitted plastic cover. This cover seemed like overkill at the time but I was glad to see this kind of care and investment to insure delivery without damage. I guess they could have put on some kind of UV protector as well but it would not have been needed. The dealer cleaned the hazed panels after I complained the first time and the haze was back in a few days. Sorry but considering the cost of this truck I am not about to accept the hazing flaw as mine to fix with Armor-All. The dealer has ordered replacement panels, I hope this takes care of it.
  • bambamtazbambamtaz Member Posts: 2
    I am glad you didn't go through an actual fire on your LR3. The dealership said this is a major flaw on all LR3s. The sensor system reads incorrectly. How long have you had it at the dealership for repair? I was told a team in England is still redesigning the fuel system. May take up to 3 months. I personally thought the car was the best. But that is definitely gone down the tank, just like the gas leaking through.

I wonder what other damages to the vehicle's engine has this fuel tank disaster caused?

I even asked the LR3 rep if they are planning to recall all LR3s or post a severe warning.. They said they will handle one at a time. No recall is needed.

Wow!, Guess someone has to be in a more severe sitaution to be taken more serious! Leaking gas, fuel tank burst, and fire hazard isn't enough?
  • jobiejobie Member Posts: 47
    I tried the same fix this weekend - the standard Armor-All wipes seems to take care of the problem, although I'm not crazy about the polished look, and don't know how long this will last. I really don't feel like doing this every couple months. Those of you working with the dealers on the permanent fix, please keep us posted.

One more item - I just happened to check my tire pressure - the rears were set at 44psi and fronts at 36psi. I think the manual calls for 36 front and rear - any ideas why the dealer would inflate to 44?? Isn't this considered very high P?
  • trm2trm2 Member Posts: 42
    The quick reference guide says for normal load, 33 psi front and 36 psi rear. For maximum load, 33 and 42, respectively.
  • teldocteldoc Member Posts: 49
    Look, I sympathize with everyone who has a nagging issue with their LR3. But can we agree to drop the "for all this thing cost" argument? What else were you considering? An Escape or RAV4? Hello! Decent luxu-SUVs cost $50K nowadays.

The LR3 is an outright bargain when compared to a lot or more pedestrian SUVs such as loaded Tahoes, Expeditions and GMCs. Yes, it would be great if everyone's rig was perfect but the fact is when you screw together 30,000 parts, sometimes there are flaws. Happens to everyone, even the Japanese.

IMO the LR3 is unmatched in terms of performance and head turning quotient when compared to vehicles in the same price range. I wonder if these message boards turn into frenzy rants and exaggerate the feelings of the minority who are truly having problems. I also visit the Expedition page and from reading posts on that site, I'm amazed mine makes it to work everyday. Yet this is our second Expy and both have been great running trucks.

Seacrest Out
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Tire pressures are usually set high to prevent flatspotting while the vehicle is in transit to the lot. The dealer is supposed to check and adjust the PSI as part of the pre-delivery checklist. They often forget (and often people test drive cars and don't like the ride, when it's really due to the over-inflated tires).

Steve, Host
  • tropnevadtropnevad Member Posts: 18
    The LR3 is great in many ways but the problems reported are real. I have experienced almost every problem reported other than stalling, gas tank leak and water leak. Although people generally only share their problems, just think about all of the people that do not report them online too.

Purchased: Jan 30th, 2005

1st visit: (7 days)
    Door Panel Vibration - Broken Bracket - Did not fix.
    Bad Head unit - Did not fix

2nd visit: (10 days)
    Bad Head unit - Did not fix
    Nav GPS failure - loose connection - fixed
    Sunroof would not open - bad wire - fixed
    Max of 12 MPG - still present
    Door Panel Vibration - Broken Bracket - fixed.

3rd visit: (3 days)
    Suspension fault - bad compressor - did not fix
    Max of 12 MPG - still present
    Transport mode deactivation procedure repeated.

4th visit: (3 days)
    Suspension fault - bad compressor - fixed
    Bad Head unit - fixed
    Gas gauge reading incorrectly - did not fix
    Steering linkage noise - did not fix

5th visit: (7+ days)
    Gas gauge reading incorrectly - replacing gas tank - currently in shop
    Steering linkage noise - investigating - currently in shop

Seemly endless minor annoyances, the sum of days in shop is now at 30 days, I only have 4,800 miles. Don't buy a LR3 right now, it is a great truck but wait another year if you can.
    :lemon:
  • roverdocroverdoc Member Posts: 3
    My first post here. I'm a seasoned LR owner: '95 RR Classic, '97 RR-P38, '01 D-II; and a few Series models thrown in. Fantastic off-road, comfortable and convenient cockpit, and the heated windscreen is the most fantastic invention since sliced bread. Despite the frustrations of broken bits, I've never been stranded in a LR and I've truly enjoyed every one I've owned. :D So my question: is it worth waiting for the '06's to come out, hoping the EAS and gas tank disasters are fixed? The pricetag is going up considerably from '05 to '06, at least on the V8 SE's. The V6 gets better mileage and has a friendlier sticker price, but is not available with the Heavy Duty pkg (i.e., rear diff lock) and is therefore off my list. Thanks.
  • knuckleheadknucklehead Member Posts: 30
    I can't tell you whether or not you should by an '05, but I can tell you this. My wife has had her LR3 for 5 months and put over 12k miles on it and has had only two issues. Not bad for a first run model that you'd expect to have a few more teething problems. The first issue was a persistent suspension fault and the second was the leaking gas tank. The suspension fault was traced back to bent pins on a wiring harness and the second to a faulty purge valve in the gas tank. Now, my wife is known for her ability to find faults in electronics, she's caused everything from computers to coffee makers to fail, and the LR3 has no shortage of gadgetry. Yet, the vehicle has had only the two problems I mentioned. So all in all it can't be that bad. If there were systemic problems with the vehicle she'd have found them by now. I will say this to anyone considering buying an LR3, if gas mileage is a major concern, and most of your driving is in the city, the LR3 is probably not for you. This thing tears through gas in the city. But you can get from stoplight to stoplight at a rapid pace.
  • saileastsaileast Member Posts: 16
    It is not my intention to start a war of words over the LR3. The truth is that I agree with almost all of your points about Land Rover. The fact that I have purchased five,still have three, speaks to my belief in the product. I have always received excellent service from the dealer. But $55,000 is more than I paid for my first house. Before I purchased my LR3 I drove many other trucks and it is unmatched in the market today pound for pound dollar for dollar, it is the best. I understand the cost of A decent SUV, that is why I bought the Rover, just fix the flaws and I will be happy. In my world $55,000 is a great deal of money no matter what a Ford Chevy or Toyota cost! After 7700 of almost trouble free service I would tell anyone it is a great truck, buy one! Now if my gas tank explodes I might change my mind.
  • grommetgrommet Member Posts: 445
    There are no "real" changes for '06, other than the option packaging & pricing. Any production improvements/changes happen regardless of model year. Anyway, I have an early '05 and haven't had any problems: no "disasters" for me, yet.

You really don't need the rear locking differential. I've driven both in extreme scenarios, and noticed very little functional difference. Terrain Responses works wonderfully either way.
  • codicodi Member Posts: 2
    no problems with the sub woofer.

Still having suspension fault problems. Now on 3rd time into the dealer. They stated that no information about a fault was "stored in the car's computer memory" but light kept coming on. On 3rd visit back to dealer they said they found some fault readings in the memory and replaced a compressor. I insisted they test drive the car 20 miles to make sure the problem was fixed. I am picking the car up today and we'll see if that did the trick. Am hopeful but not confident.
  • roverdocroverdoc Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the input. I figured the center diff lock should be enough, but one of the sales "guides" told me of improved control on slippery surfaces with the rear locker engaged. I took it to mean on shale not slickrock or mud, since we are in Colorado. Another sales guide told me today they have a V6 that is listed as having the HD pkg.

As an aside, I've been fortunate that the Centres with whom I've worked have been excellent in resolving problems and I've always been given a loaner vehicle. My first dealership picked up my vehicle and left me a loaner, then returned my truck when it was finished; I lived 45 miles away, and I know they did the same thing for people living 150 miles away. That's service.
  • kroverkrover Member Posts: 1
    Not one single problem on my 05 LR3 SE V8. I have only seen 2 other LR3's on the road in my city, I love that. Any soccer mom can sport a bland Lexus GX , the LR3 has so much more character. Why spend $50,000 to be part of the crowd?
  • tzotzo Member Posts: 95
    Dealer called today on this fuel problem to say:
    - they, the dealer, must talk to a so called 'Tech Line', presumably a corporate function, to report in all kinds of tests on this gas tank issue. More people than I, the dealer said, have experience gas tank troubles. He says my stalling is related to the tank issue.
    TechLine as authorized a complete gas tank, fuel canister, etc. etc. to be swapped in. All parts are back ordered for who knows how long.

I still prefer to own the LR3 even with all this hassle. If I think about what 4wd SUV I would want to own, I come up blank. It's a great vehicle... just needs these bugs worked out.
  • finmanfinman Member Posts: 21
    Of course there have been a lot of fairly negative posts here with complaints (mostly legitimate) about some serious problems...and some not so serious...perhaps even trivial.
    I, however, have no such complaints...I have been very fortunate to have gotten a thusfar, flawless example of an LR3...I guess I got a bit lucky after waiting nearly 7 months for mine to arrive...a mere 4 months after promised...
    Now, with just over 5000 miles on it, it has been basically superb...far beyond expectations (I was not overly optimistic about reliability). This is my first Land Rover, my first SUV, and I have no idea if I'll ever own another. It was purchased as a family mover, mostly...with 2 kids in car seats and the ability to put 5 adults in there in addition, if needed...far more than the wife's S6 Avant with 2 kid + 2 adult capacity. The luggage space is far more utilitarian than the Audi also which easily accomodates the mass of luggage, etc for long trips...or just trips to the airport. The Audi is just too small. It was also purchased because it has real off-road ability which is needed to reach off-road lots in the desert. I hope to be able to get more use on more challenging trails in the future, but it has already taken me places that the Audi would have never reached...especially during monsoon season here.

The only glitches I can see...is that it has the now classic, black plastic haze on all the door interiors. It really doesn't bother me...and I have no intent of spending much effort on improving it. One additional reason I bought the LR3 instead of the Range Rover was that the interior was more "rugged" and I'd care far less if it got scuffed or scratched, etc. I realize the haze is not scuffing, just a bizarre reaction of the plastic...but either way, it's not really attractive. It has once not recognized that I removed the key after turning it off. It has once put itself in "access mode" without being asked. That's it...

Overall, it has gotten 14.04 miles per gallon, actual, not computer. The computer is typically ~5% optimistic. I tried mid-grade once...and I paid for it big-time. The acceleration was horrible and dead feeling...plus it got just 11.93 mpg which was by a significant margin, the worst so far. The best mpg has been 17.31 at an average speed of 60 mph. Typically, however, it is in the mid 13s to low 15s consistently. Not terribly far off from the S6's 15.83.

Performance has been "good", not stellar. It is a bit slow to downshift when prodded. Steering feel is great. The transmission is smooth. Ride is mostly smooth except a bit jittery over rougher pavement. Overall, it's pretty quiet, although not a tomb. Brakes are good for the weight they must stop, but I wouldn't ride up someone's azz too closely. Body roll in corners is there, but limited far more than one would expect from a relatively tall and heavy truck.

Interior and creature comforts: My biggest gripe is the lack of auto-up/down windows x 4. Why??? The placements of the window controls are bizarre...but not a big deal. The seats are nice...they look pretty cool...the leather is good...not too luxurious...about appropriate with the overall "luxury" of the truck. The headrest protruding forward doesn't bother me. I wouldn't mind a power-memory steering column adjustment...but that may just be me being picky. The stadium seating and high roofline really create a spacious feel that is lost in the RR Sport (I see no reason to buy that truck in the 300 HP format). The 3rd row is great, although with the kid's car seats in place, access is not that easy. The doors could close more easily and more definitively...not a real nice thunk.

Air conditioning has been fantastic...it has been a life-saver basically for my kids with powered vents in the rear...unlike the single passive vent in the rear of the S6. My kids would be roasting in the 115+ degree heat in Arizona without the oomph of the AC in the LR3...we take the LR3 anytime the temp is above 90 so the kids don't pass out. The AC works "hard" in 110+...but I know of no other AC that does a better job...and many that do far worse.

Looks...from the front, it's very attractive...from other angles, it's a bit more variable. I get a number of second looks...although not near as much as I did in my Audi A6 4.2, or the S6 Avant. But, who cares about looks? I bought it for what it could do...and carry. Bottom line, it is the only mid-size SUV that can handle 7 full-size adults or 5 with 2 car seats...and that was the ultimate trigger. I loathe the Expedition, Excursion, Tahoe, Suburban, etc...and have no use for anything without 7 legitimate seats...so the LR3 was the ticket.

I have zero regrets...although routine $60 tanks are not ideal.

I would buy it again tomorrow it I had it to do again...but I do understand the pain of those who have unfortunately received persistently troublesome trucks.
    Mine was superb (I had one small glitch on a radiator fluid leak, but it was trivial fix) too, all the way up to 8000 miles. Then the stalling and fuel leak started. So don't think you're out of the woods yet at 5000. That being said, you may very well never experience any problems.

We have to keep in mind that most of the people are seeking this forum out because they have had some kind of a problem, and want to see if others have seen it, or have others come up with a solution. This forum happens to be the most active on LR3's, so alot of problems happen to concentrate here.

Clearly we can assume that far many more LR3 owners have had perfectly normal ownership experiences with theirs. And impressive is the fact that many of us problem LR3 owners still are impressed with the overall package itself.

I do wonder how LR, being put on notice with several fuel leak problems, more than one of us has reported to NHTSA, has not done a general recall. If, God forbid, someone's leaking LR3 blows up as they pass a lit cigarette butt on the street, Ford Motors will have their clock cleaned again (anyone remember the 70's Pinto's rear gas tanks blowing up, and Ford knew about it) in court. I would think LR, to be responsible and ethical, would do more to immediately address this critical safety issue.
  • flownerflowner Member Posts: 42
    I've been reading this forum for a while. When people are having problems they post frequently. I've notice that once the problems are solved they stop posting.
  • AdamvAdamv Member Posts: 8
    When I purchased my LR3 I was very unhappy with how it preformed in the snow. Turns out the psi was in the 50's for the front and the 60's for the rear! Last week I brought it in for service and they did it again! I did have a 10% improvement in gas mileage but off road and on bumpy roads it's jarring...
    no kidding. As I was thinking about whether I would really purchase the LR3 again, I reminded myself of the very poor performance in show. I believe it is completely the fault of the tires. The 4wd system is pretty decent. The Goodyear Wrangler HP's are fantastic on the road, and equally piss poor on the snow or sand. For sand, you can drop the air pressure to 20psi, and things get much better.
    For snow, we're screwed. If you want to pay thru the nose, you can find Goodyear MT/R tires that would turn the LR3 into a powerhouse in the snow. But that's a $2500 exercise in shipping 'tyres' from the UK.
    Ouch.

Imagine that LR does all this great engineering, comes out with this awesome truck, then they are stuck with no good tire choices! It's equivalent to putting snow tires on a Ferrari... just defeats the purpose of the vehicle.
    just got a call from an NHTSA rep in response to my filing an incident report on my fuel leak. They are in the prelim stages of collecting data from LR3 owners reporting this fuel leak incident. He said there will probably be an investigation opened. FYI.
  • flownerflowner Member Posts: 42
    Did you ask them why? My dealer puts my pressure to 33psi on all 4'. I would be happy to pump them up for better tire wear and better gas. I had to replace one set or tires already because they wore out on the inside edge.
  • wt4000wt4000 Member Posts: 37
    Hi, I rented a 05 LR3 for a week and came away extremely impressed. The vehicle had 9500 miles as was still solid as a rock, no creaks or rattles or funny noises, even off road. As a rental, you can assume its had a hard life, but everything seemed to be holding up very well on it.

I was showing over 21 mpg on the freeway for about 50 miles, is that possible? Mostly I got around 14.9 mpg.

I'm thinking of the 06 because I wil probably lease it and usually the residual are better at the start of ther model year.

Are there any changes for 06?

thank you
    Yes, that's very near to the EPA MPG of 14/18... which is pretty accurate for most.

RE: '06... Please search for 2006 or equivalent. In fact, it's probably mentioned a few messages back. :confuse:
  • enginoneenginone Member Posts: 20
    wt4000,

Can I ask where you were able to rent an LR3? I've been thinking of doing that for some upcoming travel. What kind of daily/weekly fee were you charged?

Thanks
    The Hertz Prestige Collection has some at a few big city locations. I paid $95 a day, plus all the fees. Not cheap, but a great way to test drive before buying.
  • azchrisazazchrisaz Member Posts: 4
    Has Anyone Had LR buy back their 2005 LR3? I have had numerous issues with my LR3 and have left it at the dealer until they tell me what they are going to do for me. They say they will work with me. Has anyone gone the same route? If so, what was the outcome.
    I love my car but too many issues for paying over $50,000.
    I've noticed a big price increase on the 06 HSE, ar ethey repackage the equipment, making more stuff standard on it? The LR web site still has the 05 info.
    Did anyone catch the Top Gear episode featuring the LR3 (Discovery3) the other night? It was great, check for the reruns. Basically the LR3 went up this Scottish mountain and thru bogs that had never been traversed by a vehicle before. Great photography and the usual dry humor from the host.
    wt4000, as I said before... use search. I even posted the full price list for 2006, which shows you the options in each trim.
    been there done that, but there is no clear explanation for the HSE price swing.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    LR3 HSE for MY 2006 now come standard with the Rear Seat Package that includes rear climate control. That accounts for about 2200 dollars of the price increase. There is also a general price increase to take in account the dollar to british pound fluctuation. I think a couple of other former option on the HSE are also now standard but I don't remember them all.
    grommet, "Land Rover LR3" #2416, 2 Aug 2005 4:03 am is pretty clear. It's $900 more between matched option 2005 and 2006 HSEs. 2006 HSE forces you to get Rear Seat/Climate ($2200) & PTI/Bluetooth ($400).
  • xander93xander93 Member Posts: 2
    YES! My dealer called yesterday to inform me that my brand new 2005 LR3 HSE (which has been in service for 32 days waiting for an airbag replacement from England) IS BEING REPLACED BY LANDROVER. I was asked to make my choice of new car and I should take delivery again mid week. I took delivery of the original LR3 on July 5th. It was in the shop for minor problems twice in the first two weeks and then I took it back because of an AIRBAG FAULT and SUSPENSION FAULT. It took the service people almost 10 days to figure out the problem and then a new airbag and suspension cylindar were ordered from Landrover. There are evidently very few parts for the LR3 stocked in the USA. The new airbag must come by ship because it is an explosive device and can't be placed on a plane. The day it was to arrive (30 days after being placed in service) I was told that it had never been sent. I must say that though this has been a very disheartening experience (even the loaner LR3 had the suspension system and the low gear setting go haywire and had to be taken back) the loacl dealer in Huntsville Alabama have been courteous, caring, and have gone out of their way to take care of me. They even loaned me the owners new Range Rover to drive for two of the weeks! The only downside is that I fell in love with the Range Rover I was driving (and can't afford)! I must be a glutton for punishment but I still want the new LR3. They are even replacing my custom molded satellite radio system that I spent nearly $800.00 to have installed. The situation has been frustrating but the people have been great! :surprise:
  • gina6gina6 Member Posts: 4
    Hello all...hoping to purchase an '06 HSE and fewer first year concerns. If possible, I would like to request latest software and/or parts upgrade ie air compressor for suspension, etc. Does anyone know the reference #s for the suspension fix air compressors, stalling fault software upgrade. I would like to map them against what may be currently in the vehicle. All other fixes and reference #s please reply.

Also any update on the recent fuel system concern...fixes, recall. Thanks.
    gina6, a new LR3 won't be fixed if it's not broken. For example, I have a very early LR3 and have had zero problems so far and I've beaten up the LR3 quite hard. There hasn't been a full recall on any part of my LR3 yet. I'm sure if/when I have a documented problem, they'll address it appropriately.

Anyway, anything that is "required" (software updates, true recalls, etc.) will be done by your dealer when they prepare the new vehicle.
    no, its not clear. why are they calling a "standard" item an "option" when you don't get the "option" to choose the "option", which comes "standard."
  • LandRoverOwnerLandRoverOwner Member Posts: 24
    You also get front park distance control.
    Well, they are option packages... but some of those packages are "standard" on HSE trim. :P
    Reuters is reporting that LR is recalling nearly 18k LR3's for defective fuel tanks. I unfortunately can't find any other info on this.
  • jackmacjackmac Member Posts: 26
    Make : LAND ROVER Model : LR3 Year : 2005
    Manufacturer : LAND ROVER
    NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 05V376000 Mfg's Report Date : AUG 26, 2005
    Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE
    Potential Number Of Units Affected : 17263
    Summary:
    SOME SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES MAY HAVE FUEL TANKS THAT CONTAIN AN INTERNAL BREATHER PIPE THAT WAS NOT MADE TO SPECIFICATION. THIS COULD RESULT IN EXCESSIVE SWELLING AND CRACKING OF A GROMMET AND SUBSEQUENT DETACHMENT OF THE BREATHER PIPE FROM A CONNECTOR TUBE. WHEN THE FUEL LEVEL IN THE TANK IS ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE DETACHED JOINT, FUEL MAY THEN ENTER THE BREATHER PIPE.
    Consequence:
    THE VEHICLE MAY EXHIBIT MIL ILLUMINATION, FUEL ODOR, DRIVABILITY CONCERNS SUCH AS HESITATION, MISFIRE, STALLING, ROUGH RUNNING, OR DIFFICULTY IN STARTING. IF THE AMOUNT OF FUEL FLOWING INTO THE BREATHER PIPE REACHES THE VAPOR CANISTER AND EXCEEDS ITS CAPACITY, THE EXCESS FUEL MAY BE DISCHARGED ONTO THE GROUND. FUEL LEAKAGE IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE COULD RESULT IN A FIRE.
    Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FUEL TANKS. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OCTOBER 14, 2005. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT LAND ROVER AT 1-800-637-6837.
    Notes:
    LAND ROVER RECALL NO. B016. CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter would like to hear from consumers who have recently purchased a larger SUV, perhaps even trading in another large SUV for the newer one. If you have a story to share, please contact pr@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info., city/state of residence and the make/model you traded/bought no later than Thurs. a.m., Sept. 1.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

FYI: VIN range SALAA25425A000360 to SALAE24455A342827 are potentially affected. Approximately 20% of the vehicles may contain the concern.
  • kkonekkone Member Posts: 61
    Grommet:

What is your source of information for the VIN numbers?

Thanks
  • xgundamxgundam Member Posts: 2
    The VIN of my LR3 SE is SALAE25485Axxxxxxxxx, purchased on Jan. 2005. It got exactly the gas leaking problem on July and the fuel tank was replaced after left it at the dealer for 3 weeks. So this VIN range seems not very accurate ...... :confuse:
    I agree. My wifes is SALAG#####A######, and she just had the same problem. According to the VIN and door sticker, the vehicle was manufactured at the Solihull plant in Nov. '04. Hummm? :confuse:
  • garrywgarryw Member Posts: 1
    I just grappled with my dealer to get the right fix. Stalling, hesitation... all after filling the tank. Check engine warning. I was told the gas cap wasnt properly tightened.. They were clueless of the issue.. I did a google search and informed them of the issue. They are now replacing the gas tank. I hope its a remodeled tank. Did you have any problems after the fuel tank replacment? :lemon: