Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Equinox Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• 76aggie76aggie Member Posts: 1
    After about 6 months, the key on my 2006 Equinox would not turn to the "ON" position. We tried moving the steering wheel to free it (like on Nissans) to no avail. We had to have it towed to the dealer. They knew of the problem - some interlock or interference with the cable from the shifter on the floor to the transmission (sounds odd, but that is what they claimed). It turns out that if you jiggle the shifter and button, it may release.

After a week to get the part, they put it in and the problem instantly reoccurred. They fixed it quickly and it seems to be ok now. At least they did provide a loaner car.

Has anyone else had this happen?
  • jim_dandyjim_dandy Member Posts: 94
    Unfortunately auto repairs rank at the top in the U.S.A. in consumer complaints. :sick:
    From all the blogs I've read, it's amazing how some simple repairs and prevention work turn into major disasters and failures.
    Check the dealer out, for BBB and other complaints.
    Do small stuff first, like oil changes with the shop.
    Talk to the Service Department and look at service bays; do they have and attitude?, Does it looks unprofessional? Clean? Is it in kaos?
    Post the name of the Repair Shop or Dealer that repaired your car. It's OK to blame the car for the problems, but blame the repair shop or dealer service if their main cause.
  • equinoxc8equinoxc8 Member Posts: 45
    The dealer was right..there is a interlock with the shifter to the key lock cylinder. At the cylinder there is a electric switch which allows the key to turn or not. There is a shifter switch under the console to send the signal to the key cylinder. If the shifter is slightly off the switch cannot be made so the dealer has to adjust or reposition the shifter. Next time you put your shifter into park place one hand on your steering wheel and GENTLY feel for a vibration in the wheel.
    Just so you all know...GM dealers are franchised owned..GM does not own them. I say this because some people have the notion that GM sucks as a result of their service issues from a dealer. If something is not done right by the dealer then the dealer is at fault...not GM. Calling GM customer's service number only tells GM which dealer isn't doing their job.

Here is the food chain:

GM comes up with a vehicle and pitches it to the dealers who've bought the franchise rights to buy X number of units. GM pays the manufacturer for the units they ordered for THEIR dealers AFTER THEY ARE BUILT. Dealers pay GM to buy those units...you the customer pays the dealer who already purchased the units. The unit now becomes dealer's problems..if, however, the problems are consistent with a majority of units then they notify GM and ask what's the solution to this problem which occurs frequently. If the problem is isolated to a couple of units then most likely the owner is doing something wrong.
  • desperate4helpdesperate4help Member Posts: 3
    hello! i have had my 2005 equinox for 2 years in january. i have kept it through all of its problems because i really cant afford to trade-in. i would love to hear if anyone has had problems with the ignition turning over an extended amount of time during starting. it always starts and has no problems losing power. it just sounds like you are holding the key over too long to start it....even though you are not. it only does this once a week or so....but i am afraid it may get even worse. i told GM about this a year ago (when it only occured a couple of times), they said nothing could be done unless it actually acted up while hooked to a machine to detect problems. also, the brake rotors were turned about a year ago due to a vibration while braking at high speeds. they done this under warranty. it started doing this again not long after but not as bad......i dont want to pay out of pocket for something they should have/could replace as defective. anyone with info on this PLEASE help!!!!!
  • pamwilliamspamwilliams Member Posts: 3
    Hello! I would like to say the same about my Nox. When I slow down to 20 miles per hour I feel a kick and downshift. My husband says that it is not normal. When I took it is to the dealership, they told me that it is normal for the Nox and that the car is safe and drive able. I've had my car for 1yr and 1 month. I still owe 21.000 on it and plan to get rid of it because I feel that once my warranty is up the dealership will discover the transmission problem. My name is pam and you may e-mail me back @ uforty2@yahoo.com :mad:
    Hello, I also am having the same problem. I noticed it to day 12-28-06. My Nox is a 2006. I've been searching all night and have found info on the problems I've encountered. My car also kicks and downshifts when I slow down to 20 mph. What about your's My name is Pam e-mail me at uforty2@yahoo.com. I may be able to trade mine Off since it is the end of the year and they want to get rid of the 2006's :mad:
  • monte95monte95 Member Posts: 1
    Last week our new 2007 Equinox lost it's power steering in traffic one block from home. A warning light activated "service traction stabilizer." We had it towed to our dealer for repairs. My invoice states they recalibrated the torque sensor. Has anyone else had this scary problem with their new 2007 Chevrolet Equinox? :confuse:
    hey! my 2005 nox also does the "down shift" thing. my husband has mentioned it a couple times, but i have my other problems i am concentrating on :(
    i have read a little on other sites something about having some sort of transmission chip replaced?? i wonder if that has anything to do with it? do you have the brake and starter problem that i am having? thanks!!
  • freeze08freeze08 Member Posts: 2
    ">Hello, Everybody... I'm a New owner of the Chevy Equinox LS. I have only had my Nox for a year. just now reach 1300mil.I have been hearing the roar sound. (I went and had the car wash. when I pull off and came to a complete stop the noise was so load; I thought I had roll over something. I dont know what going on. but some time it even take me a while to start the truck. It will start making a ticking sound like it doesn't want to start. Then I cut the car off & start it again Then its ok. I have been seeing lot of smoke coming from the front vent when the car been sitting a short period of time. but dont have the smell problem. Just hope that not the case of that problem. This truck cost to much for what going on. My truck not even looking old yet its just been me driving. I have no kids and all I do is work really dont put anything in the back sets. I am sad that a brand New truck is taking me though these type of problems already. Instead of saving money Im wasting trying to find out what the problem is I am station in Germany. SO you know the drill no luck over here.:(
  • freeze08freeze08 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Yes, I live in Germany and I have the brakes and Starter problem this is a Mess, I have just reach 1300mil, on my truck and The Nox giving me problem all ready. We should not be having problem my truck still looks and smell New I have no kids or go any where hardly so I dont know you the problem on its way to a dealer soon:( I dont have any help its hard finding the right person to work on your auto-mobil over here. I must put the truck on machine first.;(
    i hope you get your problems worked out. let me know what the verdict is about the starter...if they find the problem. my vehicle has no problem starting, just sometimes when i turn the ignition over...it sounds like it is turning over again, like i have held the ignition over too long. but i haven't. i have about 52,000 miles on it now...so my warrenty is gone...
    good luck to you!!!
    Although it must feel scary there is no problem with steering the Equinox. When the electric power steering motor stops or slows down..there is still a mechanical connection to the steering box. You can still drive the Equinox. Just a little harder...as if you have manual steering. If it happens again shut the Equinox off and re start it after a couple of minutes.
    There is a transmission TSB to have the downshift mode eliminated. It is that downshift mode you are experiencing. The TSB has been out for awhile now...all dealers should have knowledge about it and should also have the equipment to re-program to the newer version. If the dealer says it is not needed then go to another dealer.
    If I read your post right there is no problem with your starter turning over. The Equinox's starter system is designed to do this in the event that you want to put a remote start on the system. The next time your Equinox is running take your key and turn the ignition to start...you WON'T hear the traditional gears grinding. It is because the starter system is electronic.

About your brakes vibrating...if you are mashing the brakes during high speed driving then you are warping your rotors. For that split moment you heat the rotor up and do not allow it to cool properly. Plus you may also have to have the front brake caliper bushngs replaced...there is a TSB on that too. If you HAVE to mash the brakes for some reason give yourself PLENTY of time for the rotors to cool down by driving a little farther without applying your brakes.
  • frustratedinmnfrustratedinmn Member Posts: 2
    You seem to know the Equinox so I thought I would email you. My 2005 Nox at times will not start for the first or second time I turn the key but will the third. This happens when I start the vehicle, drive it a short distance and then try to restart it. (Daycare, etc). I have brought it in several times for this but because they can't recreate it, they can't fix it. I am running out of warrantee and am desperate to find out what is going on. I also am experiencing where I turn the key, stop turning it but the starter is still cranking it.... Can you help? Thanks!
    Ok, everything you are describing is normal. In your Owners manual page 2-15 it explains at times the Equinox will not start right off at times. What's happening is each time you turn the key to Run ALL the computer modules affecting ignition, emissions, transmission etc...send a signal to the main computer giving the green light to start the vehicle. If for some reason a signal is not received to the main computer in time then the module that is affected sends a signal a second or two later..the main computer says "too late...I already sent a code for a no start." What I'd suggest you do next time is put the ignition in Run...wait a couple of seconds and then turn to Start. If it doesn't start again follow the instructions in the book.

As for the starter still running after you turn key back to RUN...normal again. It is a electronic starter...this is in the event that you may someday install a remote start. Some remote starter systems have a timer added to it to monitor when the engine starts. If it doesn't start right away the remote will stop asking the starter to turn after maybe 4 or 5 seconds and then command to restart a second or two later.
  • noxownernoxowner Member Posts: 7
    My 07 Equinox shifts out of overdrive all the time. Sometimes back and forth a couple times, even on a slight incline where any other vehilcle wouldn't downshift at all. Had it to dealer and downloaded tranny update, but didn't help. Any ideas? It is going back to dealer tomorrow to try again.
    Are you driving a lot on hilly roads? Does this happen in D? Read page 121 of your owners manual...you may have to drive in I for Intermediate if there is going to be constant upshifting or downshifting.
    Most of my driving is on good highway, not very many hills. None of our other vehicles,(cars or full size trucks) have ever done this and the dealer says this is excessive shifting and will look into it. I hope I don't have to start driving in Intermediate or I will never get any gas mileage.
  • noxroxnoxrox Member Posts: 22
    C8, he mentions a tranny reprogram. Are you aware of any for a 2007 nox. I have not heard of any.

Therefore, I am concluding that dealership should keep trying
  • grosloupgrosloup Member Posts: 239
    My Nox is a 2005 LT. The updates or reprograming of the tranny was only made on the early production 05 models. The 06 and 07 tranny's don't have the downhill mode, so no need to update or reprogram them. Your dealer most absolutly try again because your tranny must have something else wrong. Making a update won't help at all.
    dealer determined that this is normal(??),because of the new 5 spd auto for 07, but did say others have complained. Will keep ears open because they said some pick-ups were like that and were eventually recalled.
    Well this may be a new problem on the 2007, have not heard of it though. Early 2005s had that type of problem and required a reprogram.

He might be confusing the two.

You might consider going to a different dealer
    To the best of my knowledge there isn't any upgrade software issue for the 2007 Nox. The other thing I would check is the throttle position sensor....make sure it is calibrated right.
    I want to clarify something here...you say shifts out of overdrive all the time...does it go back to overdrive right away or stays out?
    I have taken my 2006 Nox to 2 different dealers. 1 say it is a natural [non-permissible content removed], the other says it's not . I've had the transmission tech and the shop foreman to ride with me, but of course it didn't kick and down shift until they were out of the car. I am still experiencing the problem. I was told that GM just don't reach at problem repair. How do I convince them that there is a problem? :confuse:
    It shifts out of overdrive and then back in. Perhaps to clarify, the dealer downloaded updated programming that was available for the tranmission and recalibrated the shift timing even though they didn't think it was messed up. Anyway, I still love the truck and will keep looking for others with the problem.
    This is first I have heard of a reprogram for 2007. Any further info available.
  • oklahomadeeoklahomadee Member Posts: 10
    I'm searching for someone who drives an 06 Equinox who has had a moldy, sour water smell in car and has found water in the spare tire well. I've had my used vehicle for three weeks and just started smelling this smell. Got on this site and have tracked down some "stinky" problems. So I checked out the spare tire compartment and there was the water. I've been driving the last week in snow so I guess it's getting wet and starting to smell. Can GM fix this problem? I still have 20,000 in warranty. Help Please.
  • dmontg01dmontg01 Member Posts: 2
    I was seaching the web and came to this site. I am so happy to see that other had this problem. So I know that I have been lied to for almost 2 years. I have a nox 2005 LT which I purchased feb 11,2005. My first coolent system problem started july of 05. The dealer has changed the hoses twice flushed 2 times and I am taking it in to another dealer on thursday. This will be my 5th time at the dealer. also I have hesitaion with the ignition also my check engine light has come on a few times then went off the dealer of course can not duplicate they say they no nothing about the coolant they told chevy customer service there is no problem.They are saying it is repaired free so don't worry about it. I did see someone from michigan had the same problem and someone got a new nox. what do I do? I am thinking of telling the BBB. does GMAC finance for other cars besided GM ones?
  • mindfrost82mindfrost82 Member Posts: 4
    I have an '05 Nox. I'm the 2nd owner and I've had it since June '06. It has about 55,000 miles on it (mostly highway miles).

About a month after I got it, it hesitated to start once. I turrned it off, waited about a minute and tried it again and it was fine. Then it seemed like it would do that about once a month or so.

Now that its colder out, it seems to be doing it alot more frequently.

Here's some of the things I've noticed:
    - It doesn't do it on cold starts, it'll only do it if you drive it, turn it off for a short time (30 minutes or so) then try to start it. Even after it does this, if I drive it, then turn it off and try to start it right away it'll start perfectly fine.
    - So it only appears to happen during a "cool down" period because it doesn't do it on a cold start or if you run it then shut it off then start it right away.
    - I've tried the "wait for the 5 chimes" trick and sometimes that seems to help, sometimes it doesn't. I'll put the key in the ACC position, wait for the chimes, then try to start it.
    - Instead of regular unleaded gas I've tried the middle-grade gas and for some reason it doesn't seem to do it as often, but this could just be a coincidence.
    - I have a remote starter that was installed before I got the car and it seems to have this problem with the starter more than with the key. Like tonight I started it using the remote and it attempted 3 times and it wouldn't start. I got in it and used the key and it hesitated for a few seconds then finally started. I think the remote starter will only keep the starter engaged for so long before shutting it off whereas the key will let the starter run longer allowing it to turn over. I'm not sure if this can be changed with my remote starter or not. But either way, it still hesitated with the key.

Of course it doesn't happen all the time, and it never happens at the dealer.

Do you think I just need to replace my battery? Could it be the starter? The fuel pump? Or something else?
    I've only had my used 2006 Equinox(with 15,000 miles) for about a month now. I wish I had read all of this before I bought it. I can imagine how sick all of you are who have had them for a couple of years with problem after problem. I still haven't gotten a response from anyone about whether some of the problems were lined out before the 06 model came out. It seems to be mostly 05 owners who are sounding off. So far there are 3 things I have addressed. (1) The first thing I notice was the thump,thump noise in the rear occasionally when I start it. I had one person reply and explained what that was and he actually thinks it is a normal sound. We'll see. (2) Gas Mileage......the first time I filled it up, I had put 22 miles on it and was down to 3/4 of a tank. I had let it warm up one morning for 45 minutes, and couple of other mornings 10 to 15 minutes. (we were having a week of ice and snow, I don't normally do that) I only live 4 or 5 blocks from work so I actually let it warm up longer than I drove it that week. So, I'm going to give it one more chance on the gas mileage issue and see what I get on a normal tank of real driving but from what I read it sounds like the gas mileage is way below what it is suppose to be. (3) Then there is the stinky smell! The week of the snow all of a sudden I had a stinky, soury, sickening, dead smell in my vehicle. I really had no idea what it was and wasn't really concerned at the time because I was more worried about my 5 miles to the gallon of gas. So that night I got on the internet to see if I could find anything and I found this forum. I've found info about bad gas mileage, the thump,thump thump in rear end and many call their beautiful new vehicles "The Stinky Nox" Like I said most of these complaints seemed to be with the 2005 model. So as for my stinky problem I don't know if it is the "COOLANT/HOSE problem or if it is the other Potentially stinky problem.....the water in the spare tire well. When I read about that problem, I went to the garage and lifted up the hatch and opened the well and low and behold there was water in my well. It didn't stink horribly when I lift the lid but I could see where if it stood long or got in the carpet it could start smelling. So I don't know if that's my stink or if the hose/coolant is the problem. The description of the stink from the hose/coolant problem from other owners sounds like what I smelled. I think I have a long road ahead of me. I took it in to a dealer yesterday and talked to them about all these problems and I can tell they aren't going to listen much just like all of you out there have experienced. I told them I have 20,000 miles of warranty left so I am taking in tomorrow for the first go around and it will keep going in until it's resolved. Again, I would like to hear from more 2006 owners and what problems they've had,if any, on these issues. And from what I'm reading I may have even more issues before it's all over. Isn't it sad.....I think the Equinox is such a beautiful vehicle and I am..... or was..... so proud of it. Reply
    P.S. I forgot to mention that when I went in to the dealer yesterday they couldn't smell anything stinky in my car. All he could smell was my Calvin Klein "Euphoria". So tomorrow I'm not wearing perfume.
  • misty8misty8 Member Posts: 15
    Open your hood and remove the cap from your coolant tank. You'll know immediately if you have the stinkly coolant problem. The odor will be awful. I had the problem with my 06 model. The dealer changed the hoses and flushed the system and everything has been fine since then.
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    your stink is probably a result of the water in the wheel well. i presume they fixed the problem with the coolant / hoses.

but, you are going to get them to fix the leak into the trunk right?

but also, as far as mileage, you need to be driving your vehicle a good distance, and you shouldn't be warming it up in the driveway for so long. failing to drive your vehicle a good distance and warming it up before driving are gonna be killers on MPG. worse, exclusively driving short distances isn't good for the vehicle long-term.
    Thanks for your reply. I have my vehicle in the shop today to get the trunk leak fixed. I guess I'll see if that helps then move on to something else. As for my gas mileage, I filled it up this morning so I could check it again after more normal driving (and Gas was $1.86 per gallon this morning) I'm happy to report I got 20 miles per gallon. Yea!! And to answer your questions no the hoses have not been changed out in my car. I'm still trying to convince the dealer there is a potential problem there. And it may very well be the stink is from the leak in the trunk. It's a process of elimination I guess. I won't give up.
    Thanks, You are the first 06 owner that has told me they had problems with hoses/coolant. I'm going to stay on top of things and take one thing at a time. When I address one thing at a time I can keep my cool better and the service manager listens a little more!! He doesn't seem to appreciate a woman coming in and diagnosing her vehicle. I'm just thankful for these sites to make us aware of what could be wrong or could go wrong later. I'll report back after my vehicle gets out of the shop today and let you know how round #1 went. Hopefully they will get the leak in my trunk fixed. Have a great day!!
  • grosloupgrosloup Member Posts: 239
    My Nox is a 2005. Coolant/hoses problems were common in the early 05 until halfway in their production. I haven't heard of coolant/hoses problems after that. Here's another way to see if you got coolant/hoses problems; check your coolant in the coolant tank, if it's pink/orange it's good, if it has a brownish color, it's bad. The original coolant changes color because the hoses deteriorates and makes the coolant color turn brown and stinky.
    But you shouldn't have problems with that on a 2006.
  • mmv1mmv1 Member Posts: 3
    I have the exact same issue with my '05 Nox (your discription was eerily good!) My Nox has 43,000 miles on it and I am the first owner. The issue appeared for the first time last winter. My vehicle is currently at the dealer for the 3rd time for this issue! (first time they changed a fuel sensor, 2nd time they cleaned the throttle body). I went to pick it up yesterday after they claimed it was fixed again and luckily the issue repeated in the parking lot and I was able to show the service manager. I got a call today to say that they haven't been able to diagnose it yet (basically they are stumped). Just wondered if you have had any luck finding the cause...
  • mindfrost82mindfrost82 Member Posts: 4
    Nope, I haven't had any luck as of yet. The dealer can never seem to duplicate the problem so they're not much help.

You'll have to let me know if they actually fix the issue, and what it was. I'm hoping its nothing too expensive.
    I'll keep you posted. Luckily I have an extended warranty until 50,000 miles, but it's quickly running out...
  • misty8misty8 Member Posts: 15
    I apologize. I must have fat-fingered my keyboard when I was typing my reply. I have an 05 model, not an 06.
    Caution is required when removing this coolant cap. "Caution Label" is posted.
    Treat it just like you would treat a radiator cap. It should be removed only when vehicle is cool.
    This is not just a reservoir tank, but part of the whole cooling system.
    It is called a "Coolant Surge Tank" which is part of the radiator's cooling system.
    Steam and scalding liquids from a hot cooling system can blow out an burn you badly. Please use Caution!
    Normally in a closed cooling system there are no odors.
    If this cap is loose or if there is a leak somewhere, loose heater hose clamp, surge tank clamp, or bad core, then the odor will be present.

I opened my "Coolant Surge Tank" when my Nox was COOL and had no significant odor. Coolant does have odor when hot and when it leaks.

I believe people are opening this cap under pressure and hot coolant gases are blown out of the Surge Tank and that is what they smell.

My Equinox was built in 1/05 and I bought it new. I have the original coolant and hoses with 20,000 miles. My hoses have not deteriated and color is still good.
    Prior to Jan 2005, GM were putting these sealant tablets in the coolant which was causing the antifreeze to turn brown and black.

From past blogs the smell is usally evident when Surge Tank is open Hot, cracked tank, or leaking heater unit inside the vehicle.
    I've also kept in touch with GM dealers about this issue, the complaints are few and far between.
    My Nox is no different than other Nox's built after Jan 1, 2005.
  • guitarzguyguitarzguy Member Posts: 1
    Hey there.

I have an 06 Equinox that I purchased with 10000km on it. This is my first winter with the AWD.

I now notice that when the front wheels break loose in sno and the rear wheels engage that a loud grinding (ratcheting) noise comes from 1 of the rear wheels (the one that's not engaged).

I brought the machine to dealer who tells me this is normal. I've never heard of any rear end that would sound like this... and it only makes noise on the RR wheel.

Can anybody provide input on this?

Thanks

Jim
    I have my Nox back after 10 days at the dealer. They ended up replacing the throttle body (replaced the fuel pump first, but they claimed that did not fix the issue). I have had the vehicle back for about a week in extremely cold temps (single digits) and have parked it multiple times outside overnight and for shorter periods (~1 hr), and so far no repeat occurrences! (fingers x'd!) The work was covered under my extended warranty, so not sure how much it would cost to replace... good luck!
  • tcmerstcmers Member Posts: 1
    Just bought an 06 Equinox in Dec. Has about 2000 miles. Today, after driving it several times, went out, opened the doors using the power locks. (lights flashed, everything seemed normal) When I tried to start it, there was no power to anything. No lights, alarms, etc. It had been sitting less than 30 minutes since it was driven. Dealer came out and found that the battery was completely dead. Got it started. He said there is something wrong, but doesn't have a clue. Drove it home. (about 40 miles) Parked in the garage. Shut it off, and the same thing! No power at all. Will have the dealer that I bought it from pick it up tomorrow, but thought I'd see if anyone else has had the same problem, and if anyone had an idea of the cause? Thanks!
  • dmontg01dmontg01 Member Posts: 2
    My equinox is was so happy when I first got it had to bring it back within 5 months for smelly dirty coolant. I have had it 2 years today it is a 2005 LT with 26,300 miles and have taken it to 2 different dealers for the coolent problems my fourth time. this last time I took it in they fixed the 2 head gaskets, heating coil, replaced hoses and flushed coolant. when I picked it up my gas was on empty. this is my second week with my truck back and has hesitated to start up twice. the coolant is starting to get dirty again. Well what do I do keep it until my warranty is over and get stuck with the cost of engine problems.
  • mlemay896mlemay896 Member Posts: 1
    Quick fix, get rid of the dexcool (orange coolant) flush engine and put in Prestone (orange) it will say certified replacement for Dexcool (dexcrap)is what it is, check the web and read about the dexcool crap, it's all true, I know I went thru it with my impala and when I bought my nox I changed it the first 1000 miles. Dexcool will cause you headaches, trust me.
    All I got to say is blame EPA and Green Peace for the destruction of your engine!

Today’s coolants are more environmentally friendly and less toxic than the older tried and true green antifreeze.

The auto makers are pressured more and more to use environmentally friendlier fluids at the sacrifice of your engine!
    So if you have a problem with your cooling system, like leaks somewhere, and this new environmentally friendly coolant is exposed to air from the leak, it will break down.
    The result is loss of protection for your engine.

As far as the environmentalist are concern, the destruction of you engine is a small price to pay for saving our world.

You also can not use Dexcool for long-term storage of you Nice or Classic GM vehicle, it will break down in long-term storage. Dexcool fine for an every day driver, not a once in a long while driver.

Also make sure that these "Quick Oil Change" places are adding the correct antifreeze to you vehicle.
    If they mistakenly add the green stuff, your cooling system may gel and plug up!
    Keep an eye on those guys, and only let them touch your oil. (You get what you pay for.)

If you want to change antifreeze, that’s fine, warranty may be void. Do some research on these other antifreezes before you change, because more harm than good, could be done.
    GM vehicles are designed for Dexcool. Prestone (orange) is also good stuff.
    Mixing different types (not brands)of antifreeze together could cause problems.

If you have low level, leaks, color change, then fix the problem right away.
    Always stick with one TYPE of Antifreeze after a thorough flush.
    Like I said if there are no leaks and the color is fine, you should be good to go. :shades:

Here are some links:

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/aa052601a.htm

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/3837/dexcool.html