Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,191
    From Edmunds:

'The engine, too, is an ideal foil for the excellence of the chassis. Known internally as the EA888, the 2.0-liter, four-cylinder engine uses a turbocharger and direct injection to develop 217 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. Volkswagen estimates a 0-62-mph sprint of 6.5 seconds.

Newly optional is a Performance Pack that bumps output to 227 hp along with the addition of bigger brakes and a torque-sensing limited-slip differential.'
    2022 X3 M40i
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Yeah - what he said:)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    2012 Verano Leather with sunroof for $20300 with 7800 miles in St. Louis. You should be able to do 15k out the door for that one.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    edited November 2013
    Just put the Civic up for sale on Craigslist for $11.5k, but will take highest offer as I know this is asking a lot, would be happy with $10k...wife thinks I am nuts but want to see what'll happen here. Said cash only, no checks or money orders so that'll weed out many folks, looking for serious buyers. What problems should I look out for folks? Breld, since you've sold so many, what should I do...don't do? Help fellow Edmunsonians...help!!!
    Seriously, please send any advice y'all have as I want this to go as smooth as possible to keep the wife happy with an unhappy situation, in her eyes. I really loved that Verano today...pure luxury, at least to this econobox driver and would purchase one in a heartbeat if all the ducks line up perfectly!

The Scared Sandman :) :confuse: :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Don't negotiate over email. Tell anyone who says: "I'll give you $X grand cash" to come take a look at the car before you make me an offer.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,818
    >> Help fellow Edmunsonians...help!!!

This came up in the summer, so if I may quote myself:
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f10df0b/309#MSG309

Also, 10k is nuts. But with a Civic, anything is possible, I guess....

Good luck,
    -Mathias
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    And watch out for scammers. Don't take a check, don't agree to ship the car, etc. Craigslist can be kind of flaky. I put a car on there as a feeler almost 10 years ago, and even then, some of the responses I got made me shake my head.
  • au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,356
    I'm sure you've already thought of this but if it was me and someone asked to see the car I would agree to meet them at a Wal-Mart, Home Depot etc parking lot. I.E. a public, well lit place 'cause ya just never know about people today...

I don't like the idea of strangers knowing where I live. Maybe silly in this day of info at the finger tips but it would make me feel a little better.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

Good point, for sure, meet at a neutral public place. Heck, even a police station or bank etc parking lot if you wish. Someplace where there is likely a camera.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    Some of these year-end deals are really good; I can get an Abarth for $4,000 off MSRP plus 0% financing. A Fiesta ST can be had for $2,000 off sticker, again with 0% financing.

BMW has some good deals, but the only new Bimmers I would actually want to own all sticker for north of $40,000... :(

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    A friend of mine just leased a 2013 VW CC with stick-shift and MSRP of $32K for $326/mo... tax included.. 36 month, 15K/yr lease.. Only 1st payment and security deposit due at signing...

That... is a great deal...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    "...tinted covers..."

I didn't notice that until you mentioned it because I couldn't get past the milage but I never understood that concept. Why would you install HIDs and then dim them with tint?

Speaking of stupid I am watching a local news story about a new concept "dogYoga".

Yeah it looks as stupid as it sounds.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

"...what problems..."

You will definitely get calls from "brokers" who want to market your car for a price. Stine13s advice to doctor your phone number may thwart these guys but could also raise suspicion because altered phone #s are the hallmark of curbstoners who try to hide multiple cars. It's a pain but tell the brokers to take a hike and assure the legit buyers that your not Vinnie's used car lot.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,356
    A stick shift CC must be as rare as a Yeti!

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

VW has some very aggressive lease deals right now. Cheapo money factors, higher than 50% residuals, & lease cash.

Just watch out for the 42 month teaser numbers. Out of warranty means you might pay for repairs beyond 36 months.
    Yup. Absolutely!

Got one today...wanted $200 to market it for me...no way. Great advice all and will follow it. Plan to lower the price to as no real bites yet. thanks for the posting about marketing a vehicle.
    test drove the base ILX...very nice but too much like my Civic and they want stupid money for it, so it's out. Did the Verano again at a different dealer who played the numbers game trying to confuse me so I walked out. If I do purchase, plan to wait on the gray '14 demo at the nearby store and get that unit. He said it will have 3k on it when I can buy it and they will match Carmax's price and let me put $8k on the credit card. But plan to sell the car on my own before I do buy I think...gonna tweak the ad and lower the price and then see what happens. It's a really nice vehicle and just needs the back bumper reskined with a bumper cover to look brand new as the rest of the paint is flawless. Again, this will only work if everything falls into place. And something tells me it will...that Verano is really nice...really nice! I am smitten right now!

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    When you revise the ad put in it, "no agents or solicitors, please". It worked for me on Autotrader.
    Give yourself at least a month before you lower the price. It can take a few months to sell a car.
    2.0L Turbo Flat 4 - AWD - 268 horsepower. Available CVT. 2015 WRX debut @ the LA Auto Show

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,433
    I stopped putting my phone # on a CL ad. I just use their "hide your email" option. That way I can just discard the obvious flakes and "bad vibe" responses, and they don't even have my actual Email if I never respond to them.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,433
    sounds tasty. though I expect it will not be cheap. And 4 door only?

mostly though, not sure I trust that much power going through a CVT,,,

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333
    I absolutely LOVE my CC. Could not be happier and for the price on a lease, it can't be beat.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
    Won't be cheap, but not expensive either. Mid $20's? I can't wait to start reading what the automotive press has to say.

Not sure about the CVT either, but I do know the WRX is a very important car for Subaru, so they took their time & wanted to get it right.

"...it can take a few months..."

My 84 Corvette sold in 36 hours and it wasn't in that great of shape. Probably priced too low so your advice to wait a bit before dropping is valid. I've seen sellers on CL drop price 10% a week or two until they sold. Usually by the third drop the ad is gone.

Fixed up the ad and did lower the price to $10.5k and so far, squat. I only have about 2 weeks until that demo becomes available, there will be 2 actually with one in gray and the other in Quicksilver but I prefer the gray so I really do need to move this puppy before then. They lowballed my trade and didn't take enough off the demo, only $1k, and I think they could do closer to $2k even though it is a '14 model. They say they are selling Verano's but to be honest, I don't see that many on the roads here. So I think they can do more on both the trade and the vehicle but we'll see once we sit down and actively negotiate. if they want to move another vehicle, then hopefully they will do better on prices here.
    For that matter, I don't see that many base ILX's either, think most go for the one's with the Tech package and from what the internet guy told me, there are no gray one's to be had right now in the southeast region and all they have are the silver and white, both over black. Not my favorite combo's and even though it drove o k with the 2.0 engine, it wasn't that much different than my current Civic. The ILX has the sunroof, leatherette seats and the back up camera but still feels like a dressed up Civic and they want more than the Verano. I also think the Buick guys will do more to earn my business price wise also. And I really would be super happy to buy a domestic again after so many years.
    So we will just see what happens now...short of putting a "For Sale" sign on my vehicle, i will just have to sit back and wait. hopefully Carmax will still stay at their $7k figure if I end up selling it to them. Would rather do private so I could leave the alloys on and keep the amp in it as it's gonna cost some bucks to remove that amp and put the steelies and hubcaps back on...would rather someone come along and but it as is and they can also have the steelies and hubcaps free as they are still sitting in the garage. i just want this done already! Also, I wish i knew how to post a few pics in Craigslist but have no clue. have asked a few friends on FB but so far have gotten no responses as I know pics would really help the ad!

The Sandman

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2013
    You should be able to log into your Craigslist account and manage (Edit) your post there. You'll get to the editing screen where your text is. Continue on to the next screen and that should be the Images page. Select an image on your computer by browsing to it (or however you find files if you're on a Mac). Repeat for more pics. Then click Done With Images and then Publish.

How to Edit
    How to Post
    Uploading images to craigslist
    I found your ad - you need pics! :)

Craigslist hosts like 12 for free.
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,236
    It's unfortunate that they're not offering a hatchback version. The CVT is supposedly 0.5 second slower to 60 MPH and gets significantly worse fuel economy than the manual, which is also disappointing. Maybe Subaru needs a DSG?
    I tried to sell my Altima on Facebook as well, had a couple of people interested but no takers. Ended up selling it to one of those "we'll buy your car even if you don't buy ours" dealerships.
    edited November 2013
    Still trying to figure it out. I did move my pics from my old HTC smartphone into my desktop on Tuesday after they sent me a refurbished model and I put them on the new phone. I just need to find them in here and get them onto the ad. O K, you read it and what else should I write? I've already tweaked it once now and besides pics, what else does it need to say? I think the starting price isn't too high really and would be happy with anything north of $9k really as I will not give this vehicle away! I only want the Verano...I don't need it so if the Civic stays for a year or two more, it's not the worst thing really. But I think I can get the most for the Civic now while it's still under 50k miles. maybe I should just swap out the wheels anyways and put them back onto Ebay and be done with it...just not sure. I do think it looks so much better with the alloys and since they aren't the stock one's from those years, they came from a '05 Civic SI, it looks a little different than every other Civic on the road. And down here, they are everywhere which is working against me here...every lot has a few so mine really needs to stand out from the pack. I figured the added tweeters and the amp would help as those didn't come in the LX...hell, even the EX didn't have the amp. And I must say, the sound system sounds very nice in it and if I do trade it, that amp will come out and go into the next vehicle. The Verano did sound o k, just not as good as I would like so the amp will give that sound I desire.
    So please, any help on the ad would be greatly appreciated!

The Sandman

edited November 2013
    Your ad description is fine - but without pics, it might be tough. The links Steve provided should help.

Swapping out the wheels might give a little profit. The stereo will be tougher - it won't add much value, but used stereo components don't bring much, the labor to remove might make it a losing deal.

You can also repost your ad every 48 hours I think, might keep it looking "fresh", especially if you modify the wording.
    The only reason I would take out the amp is to put it in the new car as I am sure it would fit, makes no sense to trade it in to the dealer with it. Even the alloys, if I do trade to the dealer they may come off to and go back onto Ebay. But again, nothing is set in stone here which is the best part...I can stay the course and just do nothing or I can buy. I do know that if I end up buying, I would buy the Verano right now. Even though a small ute would be great for my spinal issues with ingress/egress, not really liking much out there except the Tiquan and the Kia/Hyundai twins as I prefer the smaller ute's. Besides that, these are the only new vehicles I'd purchase. I do love the last generation BMW's or C Class but the upkeep on older units can get pricey and I don't have the time or the funds to even want to do it.
    So right now I just do nothing, except add some pics to my ad and wait. The wife just told me again it's dumb to sell a perfectly good vehicle and spend the $ on something new...and logically and financially she's correct. But I just want to do it...and all you guys understand this I know...it's something I just can't put into words here.

The Sandman

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    It's not dumb, just different strokes for different folks. Life is short and it's only money.
    Did drive this the other day also and though it was nice, the Verano drove so much better. The Encore has a turbo engine and the interior was nicer in the other vehicle though they are similar in many respects. The salesguy told me that mostly women purchase the Encore and both sexes choose the Verano and the age groups are all over the place on both. I do like the added versatility of the hatch but we don't haul much stuff anyways so not a big deal. Basically, out of everything I have driven since this latest search began a few weeks ago, the Verano checks every single box and is the 1st vehicle that I have gotten this excited about since the '06 Civic was introduced. So there ya have it...I want a Buick Verano as my next vehicle! And it can be a 2014, a 2015 or even a 2016 model...I have no choice really though of course I can get the most for my Civic with it having under 50k miles I believe. After that, wonder if it really matters. Looked at Craigs and all the other 2006 Civic LX's offered have high miles, over that 80k mark with mine being the only one with under 50k. At least I know what I want...time will tell!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

edited November 2013
    "...lowered the price to $10.5 and squat..."

In my zip code Edmunds says a 2006 Civic LX sedan with 47k in "good" condition is worth about $7300 private party.

In south Florida they're asking almost that with twice your milage. But asking ain't "getting".

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/4127563634.html

I agree that pictures are an absolute necessity on Craigslist. I don't know how to post them either. I was all set to ask my kids to show me on the last car but it sold before I had to go to CL.

edited November 2013
    I'm not into car stereos, but if you are going to use it in the next car, then keep it. Weigh the removal costs vs replacement.

And yeah, it's not dumb - maybe dumb to wifey, but she's not into cars. Different people have different priorities. You are into cars. I am sure she does things you think are dumb, too - not that you'd say it, of course ;) I'll skip a statement made by dopey people these days about how many times you live, but say I sometimes agree with it. You can't take it with you.

For the Buicks, I think the Verano is 100x better looking than the Encore.
  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Member Posts: 2,345
    I'm not into car stereos, but if you are going to use it in the next car, then keep it. Weigh the removal costs vs replacement.

But you have had (at least for the last 2 decades or longer) cars with good sound as part of the OEM factory package. Some things you don't miss unless you don't have it. Honda audio systems are dreadful. Without exaggeration, they were better 20 years ago...or for certain..15 years ago.

Audio is one thing that NA cars seem to do better from the factory going back to about the mid 80s and forward. It happened when some behind-the-desk actually earned their paycheck when the light bulbs came on that OEM factory stereos were crap and everybody knew and those who cared...anyone under the age of about 60..replaced the OEM system with capable aftermkt stuff. Sometimes this was arranged before the car even left the OEM selling dealership! So they rightfully decided to start offering better sounding OEM audio and sometimes charging marginally more for even upgraded amps and speakers from the factory. Why let an obvious profit-potential get out of their grasp? And around about 1989 is when Toyota (and other Asian cos) came out with their newest generation Cressida. It was 89 for Toyota, but others where all within about a year or two also, and they totally revamped OEM car audio. I remember an old GF's 92 Grand Am had...comparatively speaking..a killer stock sound system compared to even Honda's Accord of the same year.

But those were the good old days for Honda (and other Asian product) and certain NA builds still too...they think some of us are idiots and don't notice how bad it can sound...(thinking of a 2014 Ram 1500 relatively base truck here with two speakers..gawd-awful sounding compared to a GM and probably Ford too even 10 years ago..)

I had a 2003 Toyota/GM Matrix that actually had the GM type audio in it, but you could tell that Toyota had painted the amp with the cheap-it-up-they-won't-notice brush. But it got worse! By 2005, they had cheapened the audio to the point were they were using Corolla audio in it. And it sounded it too :( They think we are stupid and don't notice. And it is truly idiotic on their part. If some Asian brand like Subaru (who needs it more than any other) came along and let it be known that they are now putting killer audio in even their base cars (with an actual cost per car to them at only about $35.00-$65.00..yes, good audio at the numbers in which cars are sold really is that cheap...huge profit margins..) I guarantee you there would be a huge demographic would actually switch to Subaru because the audio was enough to tip the scales to give them a try. I could say the same about Suzuki altho it is much too late now. You should have heard the crap audio Suzuki was using in their SX4 when I was shopping for the Matrix. It made the Matrix system sound like Harmon Kardon. And again...where did that level of cheapness get them? It got them closing doors in the US and Cda...no surprise there...idiots..

Now granted...of course it takes more than just crap audio to cause the demise of a brand offering in a country that imports, but all the cheap-tries add up...I guess they had to pay for all the airbags, ABS and rear disc rotors somehow..

For the record and a reference comparo to help interpret my comments, I have heard the sound system in a Base Cruze back in the summer of 2012. While it was an ergonomic distaster to adjust, but at least when you got it adjusted, it really could rock the hell outta the car. For contrast, just walk the smae CD over to the Honda or Toyota dealership..and you see what I mean. So I am not surprised that Buick has not taken the cheap route with the audio in a Verano. Factor in the extra quiet ride so that the clarity of the audio can really come through, I can easily see how that could be the last thing that helps a purchaser decide on it vs other considerations.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849
    Sandman,

My brother has a Verano. He loves it and it has been pretty reliable. I don't know what paid, but I know he got a decent deal even when they first hit the lots. Solid little car, he calls it my Lacrosse's "Mini Me"

As for car audio, most 'base" systems aren't that great. I've had the branded premium audio in most of my recent cars. Overall, it's been pretty good. The JBL in the Toyotas was crisp and loud with decent bass and the Lexicon in my Genesis was awesome. The Harman Kardon in the Buick is OK, but a bit boomy with the bass (not in a good way). I'll tell what were some pretty nice systems (for the time) was Ford's JBL. My 89 LTC had an impressive factory system as did other Ford products.

I just installed a "system' in my 04 Grand Marquis. I bought a really nice Pioneer double size NAV unit, four Infinity 6x8 speakers and ran it through an older Alpine amp. Crystal clear and sounds better than most higher end factory systems. When I get a chance, I'm going to add a small sub just so the other speakers don't have to work as hard.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

edited November 2013
    "But those were the good old days for Honda (and other Asian product)..."

Yeah, I remember the 1990 CRX Si my dad bought had no factory radio. They were prewired for the radio and speakers from the factory, but the radio was a dealer installed accessory, as was the retractable radio antenna, which extended from the A-pillar of the car. My dad did the smart thing and installed an aftermarket system. :D

Speaking of car audio, if anyone else has an inactive SirusXM receiver, they're doing a free preview for the next week or two, so you should be able to listen for free. I love Alt Nation, but not quite enough to pay for it.
    Does SirusXM sound as powerful and crystal clear (i.e. no noticeable harmonic distortion that wasn't part of the produced original sountrack) as a CD?

I've learned recently you can't even assume that cuz a CD may sound good, the FM tuner part can sound really inadequate (thinking 2012 Optima EX) even in strong radio signal areas. The idea being that it is just a cheap crap tuner and again...we're not suppose to notice I guess..
    edited November 2013
    "Does SirusXM sound as powerful and crystal clear (i.e. no noticeable harmonic distortion that wasn't part of the produced original soundtrack) as a CD?"

I have no idea, my ears aren't that good. Some of the songs on SiriusXM sound slightly different than the iTunes version, I'm not sure if they're edited differently or what.

Plus I listen to a lot of Pandora streaming audio (~128 kbits/sec encode on the computer) and cached Slacker stations in the car (~40 kbits/sec encode).
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    So you gave up on the Lexus hybrid? That sure sounded nice and I would love the fuel economy.

I think you may have priced your Civic too high. Did you check out Edmunds TMV? It's a helpful guideline. Kbb is also good.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    edited November 2013
    "The wife just told me again it's dumb to sell a perfectly good vehicle and spend the $ on something new...and logically and financially she's correct. But I just want to do it...and all you guys understand this I know...it's something I just can't put into words here. "

If anyone can understand this, it is probably all of us on this forum. My F.I.L. used to say, "do you need it or want it?"

Believe me, WE understand (and are all vicariously contemplating it with you).
    Believe me, WE understand (and are all vicariously contemplating it with you).

I dunno 'bout that...sandman has gotten my hopes up so many times, it's been almost torturous during the many change-of-minds for this vicarious one..
    He's in a conundrum that only a car purchase will cure. Too bad you guys don't get the Kia Rondo down there. It would be absolutely perfect for his ingress/egress, and bad back. The seats are terrific, it has pretty good visibility, has a pretty good stock stereo. Short enough to fit in his garage. Relatively good value allround which we know would help appease Mrs Sandman too..and if she boots him to the curb when he comes home from buying it, has enough room to stretch out and sleep in in the driveway for a few nights till she better gets used to the idea! lol

All that said tho..it is cool to read that he has finally decided on the Verano. Now it's just a matter of finding the perfect buyer for hi$ Civic.
    Ah yes, the "wants and needs" game...we used to play this while we were standing in front of our cases casing the mail...ya have to do something standing there for so many hours, and this was years ago. We all need...and want stuff and the want stuff is always a nice wish list. So though I "don't need" a new vehicle, I "want" it now, something about turning 59 and actually making it is the impedous here. One sibling died from cancer at 57 and another died from it on his 58th birthday, so making it to that 59 mark is a big deal and who knows if I will see 60...my dad passed from cancer related at 64. What are the odds huh! Whatever, I do want to do this and can afford to though the logical and prudent thing would be to save it for later retirement...I get that. And I am not an impulsive kind of person by any means but deep down, I really do want to do this. So, in time, I will...I just don't know exactly when.
    So, I will continue to see if I can sell the Civic and when I finally get that check, I will invest it but leave enough liquid so I can do this or just pay off any small loan I take out. And if I wait till 2016 as was the original plan, and which I keep getting thrown into my face, then I'll do it then...but it won't be that long, trust me. When confronted earlier, I just said that "I've changed my mid here" and left it at that...and now I left it at I'm going to do what I think is right "for me"...period...I have closed the discussion!

The Sandman

Just saw that the 2015 Lincoln MKC [Escape] will have buttons for controls. Going to put in an order as soon as possible.
    That might be it. I also don't play music particularly loud. My past 2 cars had Bose and the current one has HK - all the same to me.
    What website did you see this at? I do like the Ford Escape, the difference between the old and new is very striking and even though I am not a Ford guy, it does drive, look very nice. Am interested in what Lincoln will do with it. Not sure if I'd ever buy a Ford but will go give it a look in the next few days...I know it was pretty easy to get in and out of which is an important variable to me. I am a bit all over the place in my vehicle search right now but I don't do this that often so I really do a ton of research before I finally decide on a vehicle as I'm sure most in here do. And having this small windfall just makes things different than all the other times...and this time I won't settle for an smallish econobox...still want smallish but want lux this time and won't settle for less because I shouldn't have to. But that's another story really. Also, having the kind of job I have now has made things a bit easier in that I've driven so many different makes and models this past 11 months and have definite likes and dislikes...and G-d willing, I'll have a similar job for years to come. But it helped to open my eyes to how vastly different the vehicles are and it has educated me into what I really want...and don't want, in my next and possibly last vehicle!

The Sandman