Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    Don't know how I did it, but I got a few pics onto the ad, the ones I had moved from my phone last week...not great, but will do for now, will take and upload more soon. Also lowered the price to $10k even but it's still negotiable so we'll see about that also. Hopefully this will do the trick!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,237
    "Also lowered the price to $10k even..."

I think $9995 might make it sound better. Consumer psychology is weird like that.
  • breldbreld Member Posts: 6,698
    Yeah, do $9,995, since it sounds like that is already a bit over private party value. That $10,000 is a huge price point - once you get below that and have a Honda like yours with low miles, you should start getting a lot of interest.

Very excited to hear how it all goes.

I echo everyone else's comments as far as craigslist sales techniques. The scammers are usually pretty obvious. Meeting at a "neutral" location is a good suggestion - large open parking lot somewhere. Definitely require something like a certified bank check (if not straight cash), and consider verifying the check with the bank before completing the transaction.

Verano does sound like a good option. I just wonder, with the back issues, if it's worth continuing to pursue the small SUV route. Sliding in and out of the driver's position could be priceless.

If an Acura is still in play, I'd personally go for a used TSX over a new ILX. Doesn't necessarily have all the latest tech updates, but I think it's just a better platform.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A local bank branch can be a good place to "do the deal", especially if they know you.
    My boys were at a birthday party yesterday afternoon - too far to go back home, so I killed time running some errands. Ran out of errands and still had time, so since there is a BMW dealership near the party location. :P

I love the new 3 series GT. The smaller size works much better with that hatchback shape than the 5 series GT. I read in a recent article that it had the rear seat headroom of the X3, and the legroom of a 7 series. Seems pretty spot on. I adjusted the driver's seat for me (I'm 6' 3") and there was loads of room behind me in the rear seat. Love that.

Sits a bit higher than the sedan/wagon, so entry in and out is nice.

So, most of the dynamics of a 3 series (apparently weight distribution is not 50/50 as with the sedan, and it weighs something like 400 lbs more), but with more than ample rear seat room and a hatchback for utility.

They also had plenty of 328d's (diesel). About $1,300 more than a 328i, combined EPA of 35 mpg, with 43 on the highway. 180 hp, but 240 (I think?) lb-ft of torque. They had both sedans and wagons. Pretty tempting too.

Of course, I'd want to wait for a used version, so probably out a couple of years. But I see one of those GTs in my garage at some point.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,562
    "...I think $9995 might sound better..."

Yes, certainly.

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/4206254826.html

Nice ad. I like seeing it in the garage as being out of the Florida sun is a big plus. Might want to have one shot out in the driveway with the passing clouds reflected off the hood. Couldn't see any scratches on the bumper, they must be pretty minor.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

I also want this.

ZHP Sedan

They're getting more and more rare with these kind of miles. Too bad the seller has priced it as such. If it were at the KBB PP value of $13-14k, which still is kinda high, I'd consider it more strongly.

I'd half consider having this be the "fun" BMW, replacing the 335xi, and freeing up funds for that GT. :P

I've sold a lot of stuff on craigslist over the years, and never put my phone number or email address in the ad. The anonymizer works fine.
    edited November 2013
    Oh I think that ad looks great Sandy - I didn't realize those were the wheels you had on it. They dress up that LX immensely.

Maybe there's more supply down in Florida, but I would think your car would get snatched up immediately here in CO. Again, I know the book values are lower, but that generation Civic, with such low miles may be one of those examples of getting a little "crazy" value.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    That price makes me feel good... Mine is one year newer, two fewer doors and 12K more miles... I think that puts me in the same price range..

Paid $21K for mine in April, 2010.....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    those wheels certainly do look nice on that car. certainly transforms the style of an LX.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

"...never put my phone number or email address..."

To each his own I guess. I've sold a few minor car parts and a trailer successfully using my phone #. I don't think you can actually put your email in the ad but I could be wrong.

Without a phone # you might miss a buyer like me who is too paranoid to email. I've seen a few curbstoners locally go the anonymous route after being outed using the same phone # on a dozen cars so that makes me suspicious.

Not sure why you'd not want the buyer coming to your home either but that's just me. I'd be more worried about someone jumping out of the bushes at the mall than in my driveway.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

"...maybe there's more supply down in Florida..."

Sandy's Craigslist has 668 cars if you search "2006 Civic". However, in south Florida they have a habit of including "keywords" at the bottom of the ad which makes totally different cars come up on the search. Why someone thinks that having his 1990 modded Mustang come up on a 2006 Civic search would help him is beyond me but Craigslist is known for flakes.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/4160869554.html

edited November 2013
    That's so funny - I've skipped over a lot of ads because I don't want to call anyone. If there's no way to email, I won't bother with them. The worse are the ads with 8SIX7five3Ø9 kind of numbers. How is avoiding email going to weed out a scammer? I could Skype you and give you a counterfeit twenty for your weed whacker.

The advantage of offering to meet someone in a big box parking lot is that you may attract a more cautious buyer - I did that a lot with women buyers selling out household items in Boise before the move. People assume they aren't going to be mugged in a "busy" location.

Then there was the time I met a woman seller of a minivan in front of a grocery store. After the introductions we went to her van. It wouldn't start. I made my excuses and left. :D
    Done...$9,995 with a few pics and it's up now. Flying by the seat of my pants here folks as not really sure how wise this is but if I do sell it as is, I won't have to spend any $ on taking the amp out or swapping wheels. So we'll see.
    A big question here...the Mazda3 has the same size tires as the Civic, 205/55/16, and mine are newer than hers. Does it make sense to swap the tires and go that route? it'll be a bit costly I'd bet, maybe $100, and hers have more wear on them. The wife brought it up last night while watching Suze Orman as I had said the same thing two years ago when she got her new sneakers that if we sold hers, that we should swap out tires. Not sure what to do here because if i don't sell it and do all these changes, I'll be a very unhappy guy. Personally, think it's best to keep things the way they are and see if it does really sell now.
    Thoughts, opinions, complaints???

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    Just let it ride. Eventually the work put into saving a few bucks ends up paying you 50 cents an hour. New car, new tires, wifey can replace hers when the time is up. Very good that you have pics, and the wheels do set the car off.

About phone numbers, I never include one, and I don't generally reply to those ads that say "no emails" - if people only want calls, go to a print venue.
    Got the wheels off Ebay back in 2007 for the winning bid of $234 with free shipping to my mechanic...all we needed to buy were the correct Honda lug nuts. And yes Stick, it totally transforms a dull looking vehicle to one that's not so. They came from a 2005 Civic SI in California and one had some curb rash but nothing too bad...the minute they were on the car, I fell back in love with it. Since it already had the amp and tweeters done, I was very happy with it...and still am but just am testing the waters as I want something newer now. Since I have dropped the price $2k in two days now, I am done with the ad except for maybe getting some outdoor pics if possible though my phone can't do it directly. Think I would have to take the shots, transfer onto my computer and then post them into the ad...sill probably do that tomorrow as I am home due to a doctor appointment, the pain guy, so I will have the time.
    Right now I just need to sit back and take it all in...hopefully it'll sell and then that demo will become available and I can just do a cash deal and be done with it. Though I will go see the small ute that Hyundai has, the Tuscon I think it is...drove one to Orlando last month and it wasn't to bad. Also want to retry a Mini Cooper just to see one more time. I know it's small and all but it's a fun runabout and it would fit in the garage nicely...if I do do the Buick, have to drive it home and park it on my side just to see if it'll really fit...it's gonna be real close, real close. And the wife has already said that she's keeping her side, no if's ands or buts...but if I did buy and I had to take her side, think she'd survive if I let her drive it sometimes to and if I always pulled hers in and out. Not sure I want to go that route so hopefully it will fit o k. If not, it's off the list...and we've done this drill before back in 1985 with the "88" and Cutlass Supreme...the "88" was too big so we got the Cutlass, nicer vehicle to.
    So, am doing the waiting game now but thanks all for the positive feedback. you guys rock!

The Sandman

"...ZHP Sedan..."

How does a ZHP differ from a regular 3? Looks like some nice performance options. If it was as "lovingly" cared for as the seller claimsit may have had any weak parts already fixed. Could be a nice buy.

"...more cautious buyer..."

Yeah, I can see that. Never considered it might be the buyer who was scared. I guess the horror stories do tend to involve buyers getting mugged.

You won't call, I would prefer not to email, guess it would pay to include both, huh.

"...I could Skype you..."

Ah, no you couldn't.

"...made my excuses and left..."

Stranded?

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Good luck with the sale! Don't drop the price anymore. Your car is in terrific shape & those Si wheels really sharpen the LX look! Keep us posted!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

No, I am done now but might ad some outside shots. It should sell itself really especially with the low miles it has. And I will not give it away at this point...keeping it another year or two is fine also. If that becomes the case, then I just might do the new head unit o I can use my ipod and flash drive...or get an XM ready unit and subscribe as I do like channels 6, 7 & 8 a whole lot. Either way, I want to do something special for myself here...and deserve to do it though the new vehicle would be preferable. The new head unit...definitely much cheaper way to go to get the full enjoyment here...maybe $500 total with a year subscription but just wonder how good it'll sound?
    Need to look into this option.

The Sandman

edited November 2013
    if I end up keeping the Civic after all, might go revisit the idea of getting the new head unit with the SAT radio/usb port/aux input to improve the cars audio. What would the pitfalls be here? i figure about $500 to get the unit installed and maybe the 1st years subscription. Has anyone ever done this and is this feasable? looked at Cruchfield and they do sell units that have these three things in them and found a local place that sells/installs/services these. So folks, any opinions on this idea...just know I want to do something for myself and this would be the easiest and cheapest way to go right now. And I know I would get hours of enjoyment with it all since the music is always on. They even have units that are Bluetooth ready so I can use my smartphone hands free. This might be the best thing for me to do and doubt the wife would go ballistic on me as I'd be spending so much less $ and keeping the Civic which is what she wants me to do in the 1st place. Might be the best of both worlds here!
    Just wondering if the signal would come through just like in a new vehicle and if the sound would be good to. Has anyone done this here???

Yes I knw they are FWD & lame ducks, but Nissan is intent on giving them away new, & used they could be seen as something of a value. Check out this 2012 Maxima SV. They get good reviews on being good highway/commuter cars. The platform/motor has been around for quite a while. The $28K asking price seems on the high side (it always is, right?), but maybe $23,500 plus TTL takes it home?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,334
    When I sold my C30, the gentleman who purchased it purchased the certified bank check and scanned it in. I then called the local branch (looked up the number via Google) and verified they had issued the check and that it was good.

During delivery, I took a copy of his drivers license in case I ran into any issues down the line. Worked out well for both of us because we did the transaction on a Sunday when the banks are closed.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
    Did you sell it with a paper that you both signed that said "sold as is with no implied warranty"? I heard that that is pretty important just so if the tranny falls out on the buyers way home, the seller isn't responsible. I would hate for a problem to crop up within a few days or whatever. I also prefer it be done at my bank so I can deposit the cash to make sure they are good bills. I have the title in hand here so I would just need to sign off on it and give it to the new owner who would then have to register it himself. Also have the plates already off the vehicle and buyer would need to bring his or her own. I just would love for this to go smoothly and get 'er done already...as deep down...I want a new car, I won't lie here, I do. Makes no logical or financial sense but life doesn't always have to make sense. I feel I deserve it now and not 2 years down the road just because I said that a few times...we all have the right to change our minds. Is this maybe a dumb thing to do and a waste of money, maybe but maybe not. Only I can...and will decide that no matter how much the other half is angry cause they will get over it. Life is just too short to be unhappy over little stuff!

The Sandman

you seem to have the basics covered. and having the bill of sale ready in advance is a good idea. Make a signed copy for both, and include the mileage. Just in case the buyer does anything kinky.

as to buying the car, I think you are a bit too worried about the financial aspect. You aren't talking about much of a delta, and this is not some kind of odd sports car that might not even work logistically. If you are going to do it anyway in 2 years, not much difference pulling that forward, and keeping the Buick for 10 years. Now or 2 years from now, so what?

plus, you are missing some positives here that even your wife should accept as "value added" (well, maybe not her, but most people should...). Power drivers seat and better overall support for your bad back. Better ride for your bad back. More safety features (ABS, ESC, more airbags). Those are all actually good things to have, and not "frills".

play up the "man, driving more made me realize that the Civic seats hurt my back" angle and see where that gets you.

In the low $20s, it would be a lot of car for the money, and that one has navigation. I really like the wheels on that one. Keep in mind that the infotainment system is probably going to be one generation behind the 2013 Altima.
    edited November 2013
    "...I could Skype you..."

Ah, no you couldn't.

You must be thinking of the Skype to Skype stuff or IM. I pay $3 a month to call phones and if I have your number, I can call you on your landline or your cell. It's my only long distance carrier (other than my PagePlus cell).

Don't remember how the woman got her van going now; someone gave her a jump, but I don't think it was me. Reminds me of another van we looked at. The owner listed it as a 6 cylinder but it was a 4 when I popped the hood. Accurate ad copy goes a long way toward convincing a buyer that you aren't a flake....
    that is a pretty nice looking Maxima. And for low 20s, yes a lot of car for the money. And probably a good commuter.

Turns out the base Verano has the manual drivers chair but it ain't bad at all, the seats are actually very padded and feel great. She did see one the other day and mentioned that it would make a great choice for her also so that's a good thing. We have decided to stop talking about this all here...I know her feelings and she knows mine...no sense gong back and forth here. Sometimes one gets to that point where no more talking is necessary as it is pointless...we have reached that juncture here.
    Good time of year to purchase right now with the holiday season starting in just days...folks are into present mode and not into changing their vehicles. remember when we bought her '01 Altima the day after Thanksgiving, the showroom was empty and we were given a pretty decent deal as they needed to move another unit supposedly. I'd be real pleased to wait for that demo and even into next month cause I could always rent a wreck if the Civic sells. I'm at the point where there's only a 1/3 of a tank of gas in it just in case...would hate to fill it up and then sell it so plan to keep it around this level for awhile just to see. I have never done this before so don't know what to expect. My father-in-law used to do it...he sold the wife's Buick Skylark back in '85 in short order as I recall and got more than the dealer offered, I remember he was very pleased actually. So this is a great experiment and we'll just see where it leads me. Don't plan to lower the price right now, let's give it a week and then go from there...the marketplace will be the deciding factor here as I can ask whatever the hell I want...I just need to find that one person who has the cash and can see the value here that I do!

The Sandman

That really doesn't bother me. Next car I'd actually take without navigation. I rarely use it. The waze app on my phone is incredibly accurate.

I like the Maximas with the bigger wheels like that.

Kyfdx can expand, but the ZHP adds unique wheels, an aerodynamic kit, short shifter and a few extra horsepower.

Generally a very desirable package on the E46.

Drove a '13 Maxima with a sunroof across the state and it was a great cruiser...very comfortable with the cloth seats and easy to drive. I thought it was a nice driver and bet it drives similar to an Infiniti just at a lower price point. A definite bargain for a very lux ride. Don't see that many of them which really surprises me really.

The Sandman

edited November 2013
    "...Skype to Skype stuff..."

Exactly. I just forced myself to buy a basic Trac phone without even texting capability so other than the ring-ring-hello stuff I'm incommunicado. if I were to email a seller I'd have to set something up with the IPad as right now it can't answer through CL's response email. Oddly, the old PC can.

But who am I kidding, if I saw a car I really liked I'd use smoke signals if necessary.

That's hilarious that a seller wouldn't know his car was missing 2 cylinders but maybe that's what the salesman told him.

don't scoff about the missing cylinders. Back in my college days, one of my friends had an early 70s Caprice (the big one) that they traded in on a Fairmont (used I believe). When I saw it, friend said it was a 6, but didn't sound like it to me. So, I popped the hood and counted plug wires. Since I ran out of wires to count before I needed to use a 2nd hand's worth of fingers, I knew they got snowed.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    "The ZHP adds unique wheels, an aerodynamic kit, short shifter and a few extra horsepower."

Here is the original press release.. it's not entirely accurate, but it's pretty close... The Performance Package was about $4000 and included all of the Sport package upgrades plus more/better changes..

"There is no aspect of the driving experience that has not been enhanced by the Performance Package. Modifications to the 3.0-liter in-line six-cylinder engine, which include different camshafts and performance-modified Digital Motor Electronics, yield a ten horsepower increase to 235. For the first time in a 330i a six-speed manual transmission will be standard. With the Performance Package it will include a short-throw shifter. The package also includes a shorter final drive ratio. The benefits of these modifications are immediately apparent - the 330i with a Performance Package will accelerate from 0 - 60 miles-per-hour in 6 seconds, about half a second faster than a standard 330i. To match the straight-line performance a new sports suspension, more aggressively tuned than the 330i's standard sport suspension, is mated to 18-inch wheels with mixed-size performance tires. In addition to the wheels and tires the exterior of the 330i Performance Package is distinguished by its Aerodynamic Package, black headlight trim, high gloss shadowline trim and a new exhaust that not only appears but also sounds more aggressive. The look and feel of the interior has been refined with cloth and Alcantara sport seats matching the Alcantara sport steering wheel. An anthracite headliner and Black cube aluminum trim complete an ambiance tailored to the enthusiast. Silver cube aluminum trim is optional. The instrumentation includes red needles while the tachometer reflects the modified engine's 300 higher rpm limit. Production of the 330i Performance Package will begin in March 2003 with the first cars arriving at BMW centers in April."

In later models (including mine), you could get the full leather interior/steering wheel vs. the alcantara (synthetic suede). The aerodynamic kit includes an M3 front bumper, rear lip spoiler and lower rocker panel kit. It's a striking, yet subtle combination.... if you know that model BMW, you'll pick up on the differences right away..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    You are right to concentrating on selling the Civic without regard to the demos you have in mind. There will always be plenty of demos and low mileage Veranos for you to consider. Remember, Buick has a 4 year warranty so if you can score a low miler certified car that is 6 months old, you get the additional year which gives you 4.5 miles of factory warranty.
    edited November 2013
    "...FWD and lame ducks..."

In a lux-cruiser why would FWD matter? You're not taking it to the track. I assume by lame duck you mean it's due for an update soon. Ask yourself, if this was it's first year, would you buy it? Unless you are the type who has to have the latest and greatest, what will the next generation have that this one won't...better back up camera?

What does Edmunds say it's worth?

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,334
    I did have a bill of sale - one that I wrote that indicated everything you said above as well as the required basic form required by the State of Washington. I also kept a photocopy of the transferred title, signed bills of sale, etc.

Doing it at the bank is a smart decision. My work schedule right now makes it that I generally am not available during normal banking hours Mon-Sat most of the time- generally in the office 8am-7pm M-F and 8am-12pm most Saturdays, so I made the best of what I could to get the deal done.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
    I don't have to have the latest & greatest. Look at my last 2 purchases for myself: a 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH purchased new in April 2002. It's first MY was 1997. A 2011 BMW 328xi leased new in March of 2012. It's first MY was 2006.

I'm all for tried & true technology when it comes to something I'm going to be financing for the better part of 5 years.

Not really sure what Florida requires here about selling privately. Where could I get that kind of info so I am all ready to go if the need arises? So far I think the price is still too high because no one is calling at this reduced price and like I said earlier, I am just not going to give it away...I don't have to! Funny coincidence, neighbor 16 year old just got a used Mustang and tonight, they are installing ahead unit like I want in mine...maybe this is a sign from up above to keep the car and just swap out the stereo and be done with it. Get a couple years enjoyment out of it and then go ahead with the original plan in either 2016 or 2017. Who the hell knows at this point but one thing is pretty obvious here, even at $9995, the price is still a bit too high. Folks forget the low miles and are just shopping price...just staying the course seems to be the prudent thing to do while keeping as little as possible gas in the tank, it's about a 1/2 right now.

The Sandman

don't panic on the price yet. Give it a few days at least. Just let it sit and percolate. Yeah, it might be on the higher end of the price spectrum,. which cuts down on the initial hits, but if it really is as nice as you say someone will find it and appreciate the quality.

edited November 2013
    The Florida DMV has forms, including this one to notify the state that you should be off the title. Don't see much in the way of a helpful FAQ there like some states have, basically just this one.
  • riley3riley3 Member Posts: 29
    If you repost your ad after 48 hours, put the mileage in the header so it shows up in the listings. Low miles is a very strong selling point. Leave the price there too. Good luck.
    The used Maxima. Nissan is now offering 0% for 72 months (or $3,500 cash) plus an additional $2,000 rebates. That could put a new Maxima in my driveway (a year from now) for under $30K plus TTL.

• bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    -I just ran 2006 Civic LX sedan 4 door with 48,000 miles, for my zip code since I don't know yours, thru Edmunds pricing site and got about $8,500 retail and $7,300 private sale out of it. I added no options. I would say your $9,995 is somewhat too high. I also say you can always come down, while you can't go up. So I would leave the price as is for a week or two. You've got to be willing to wait when private selling a car.

-If you get a check/bank draft, don't go to your bank, go to the bank it's drawn on and get cash. Then sign over the title. If there is something wrong with the check, your bank can come back on you for the amount of the check. If you have successfully cashed at the issuing bank, you are gone with the cash.

If you are hiding stuff from the IRS, doing this isn't a good idea. The bank will probably want an Id from you and will send in the form to the IRS about giving you cash money. I know the limit is $10,000, but this is the requirement limit. A bank can turn the info into the IRS for any cash amount they wish. If your tax return is squeaky clean, who cares about it being reported.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    In the St. Louis area you can get a new 2013 Maxima SV with leather for 23K -- $11366 off msrp. Bought a Murano from them in 09 -- the prices are real.
    I married a cpa so we're pretty squeaky clean actually. I agree that the price is a bit high but I am just not going to give my vehicle away here so if it sells great...if not, great also and then we go to plan B which is upgrading the head unit. I'll still be happy but not as happy if that makes any sense...one of the perks of purchasing new is the new tech that I really want now. Going with plan B will give that to me but in the old package, so I still get what I want here for less green. And I can live with this to. I truly believe in timing and if the Civic is meant to go, then I will get the right person to come by and buy it. If the new head unit is the way to go, no one will come by in the time allotment for my ad and I'll go that route. Either way, I still win here!

The Sandman

Yeah, they tend to advertise $10k off sticker on new Maximas around here. Not sure how many are available at that price. A used one would have to be a lot cheaper (i.e., low $20s) to make it a good deal.