Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Envoy Denali

deadwooddeadwood Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in GMC
Due spring 2005.

Check it out at www.gmc.com/envoydenali

Comments

• steven2steven2 Member Posts: 37
    Traditional honeycomb grille, great interior with plenty of wood trim
  • tbcreativetbcreative Member Posts: 357
    Ho hum.
  • deadwooddeadwood Member Posts: 8
    Why do those who can afford something always bad mouth it. I believe its called "sour grapes".
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    is it out yet?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    No, this is an upcoming vehicle.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• erinsquarederinsquared Member Posts: 178
    I saw what I thought was an Envoy Denali in the Jacksonville, FL area. Was this a fake or test mule? Had 'Denali' scripting on the front fender quarters and chrome, honeycomb front grill. I did not look at it too closly, because I just did not find it that interesting. I feel this is just another brand that GM is diluting for short term sales.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    Some dealers have had an aftermarket "Denali" package they sell. Not the real thing. The real thing will be available next spring as an early '06 model. I saw the real thing at the Chicago Auto Show in February.
    Huh?
    If what you meant to say was "can't afford," that would make a bit more sense, but would still be an ignorant statement. Unless you're into ID theft, I imagine you have no idea what I can and can't afford. I most certainly can afford an Envoy Denali. My point is that GMC has become boring with their slap-on accessories that make it so they can charge a lot more than they're worth. The Envoy Denali doesn't look that much different from the regular version, so my reaction is "ho-hum."

If GMC REALLY wanted to excite me, they'd give us a vehicle that lives up to the Denali name. Instead of taking a rugged place's name and slapping it on the Yukon, Sierra, and now Envoy, and making it a slick luxury street truck version, how about giving them each a 2" lift, cool wheels, all-terrain tires, and nerf bars? Now that, to me, says "DENALI!" Even the Tahoe Z71 is lame. I have more ground clearance with my Jimmy!

All I'm saying is, GM isn't getting my juices flowing. I was excited about the H3, until I saw the production picture of it. So, my next truck will probably be a 4Runner with a 2" lift and all-terrains.
This discussion has been closed.