Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

BMW Z4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    Please continue the general discussion about the Z4 here:

BMW Z4

And, we'll leave this discussion for pricing issues..

Thanks!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I'm not certain the coupe will be here as an '06 model... It may be an '07, by the time it gets here.. (even if it is in '06)..

The '06 roadsters will be here much sooner...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    z4gurlz4gurl Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

I wanted your opinion on the deal I negotiated for my new Z4.

2004 Z4 - Jet Black
    MSRP: $41,120
    Invoice: $37,910
    Purchase: $34,000
    Demo with 4500 miles - not punched as demo
    New Warranty with additional 5000 miles and 3 months
    55,000 miles and 51 months
    Black Leather
    Premium Package
    Auto Transmission
    heated Seats

Purchased 10/18/05. Includes $2500 marketing support incentive.

What do you all think?
  • Options
    staryjarystaryjary Member Posts: 10
    z4gurl, in Oct marketing support incentive for 2.5 is $3K.
  • Options
    z4gurlz4gurl Member Posts: 2
    You are correct...I was thinking 2.5 (z4 engine) and not incentive of 3k. I

$910 below invoice plus the 3k incentive...purchase price of $34k.
  • Options
    omegagenomegagen Member Posts: 67
    2005 Jet Black Z4
    MSRP $39970
    Selling price - $35250
    Edmund's TMV- $35396

Sport Pkg.
    heated seats
    5 sp
    upgrade stereo
    power top
    leather/suede combo
    xenon

z4gurl , considering my '05 deal maybe you didn't get such a deal?? But, if you're happy with it that's all that matters.
  • Options
    fireballfireball Member Posts: 9
    2005 Z4 2.5i - Jet Black
    MSRP $43,370
    Invoice $39,760

Premium Pkg.
    Sport Pkg.
    Steptronic
    Leather
    Xenon
    BMW Assist

Dealer will do $38,030 + $499 dealer prep fee = $38530.

Considering that there is currently a $3000 incentive on the car (making the true dealer cost of the car $36, 760), I'm wondering if this is considered a good deal? I tried to get the dealer to drop the $499 dealer fee but they wouldn't go for it? Any opinions or advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,433
    a $43K something MSRP seems high for a 2.5i, you could get a nicely equipped 3.0i for maybe just a little more (and a larger incentive. Jusdt something to consider.

YOu should offer Invoice minus Incentive plus $500.

Please disregard the $499 dealer prep fee. It is nothing but pure profit. What does the dealer prep fee include I wonder?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    iparkipark Member Posts: 3
    I got a lease quoted around $40,000 for Z4 3.0 with heated seat, premium package, and xeon light.(10,000/month)

my monthly payment is about $420/month +tax for 27 months.
    I know that there is $5000 incentive this month.
    Should I try to go below or is it a good price?

Also In edmund, TMV price is 40K and invoice for about $43K for this car,
    I think I should go for somwhere in 38K.

What do you think about it?

your comments would be appreciated.
  • Options
    tediumtedium Member Posts: 3
    About to start the search for a new car in a week and the Z4 is top of the list, followed by the IS250 and the TSX.
    In checking out the TMV for the 2.5 w/ Auto & metallic paint - it shows as $32139 (Inv at 33730 / MRSP at 36745) which seems to reflect the 3K incentive for Nov. In the event I postpone my purchase until DEC does anyone in the know have info on the incentives carrying over to Dec.? I'm hoping to meet or beat the TMV this late in the year and maybe grab the Sport cloth / lthr combo if possible if I can save a little.
  • Options
    Generally, once BMW puts cash incentives on a vehicle, then they never "go away".. At some point, they will end, but the dealers then report the cars as "sold", and collect the incentive..

Lease incentives are another story, altogether..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    xfirexfire Member Posts: 13
    I got a local dealer( internet sales) pricing for $39,900 + T&L.
    Auto
    Sports Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Htd Seats
    Cars Direct is @ $40,237.

Is this typical, or waiting another month might be lower do to the '06 models coming out w/ 4 types of Z4's starting at a lower price than the current 2.5i. I don't want to see the MSRP lower on the '06 w/ new upgrades and styling and have paid more for the '05.

Any help on '06 would be appreciated!
  • Options
    There is a $5000 dealer cash incentive on the '05.. You don't say what the MSRP is of the car you are considering.. .. but, I seriously doubt that the '06 will be cheaper...

But, it isn't here yet, and I have no information on it..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx: MSRP is $47,870. Dealer is wanting $39,995. All options stated in previous post. FYI: The MSRP on the new '06 are: 2.5si, $41,500; 3.0si $48,800, as seen @ auto123.com
  • Options
    Well.. their price of $40K seems fair.. If the new 3.0 model is $48,800, then that will be a lot more money...

No telling what BMW might do with incentives... but, if you wait too long, then the selection of '05s will definitely drop off...

What happened to the Crossfire? You can pickup a Limited convertible for $30K, right now..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tediumtedium Member Posts: 3
    auto123.com is a Canadian site - Are you sure those MSRP aren't in Canadian currency? Sounds like quite a jump for vehicle (the convertible) that will remain pretty much the same as the 05 model!
  • Options
    I gave you the U.S. $. The website I went to was http://automotive.mytelus.com/automotive/autonews/index.spy?cmd=view&artid=51360. I went to auto123.com for the Crossfire. I'm looking at either a 05' Z4 3.0i, or the Crossfire SRT6. Same $ for both @ $39k. I'm leaning toward the Crossfire, but unsure of the Chrysler/Mercedes QT vs BMW's. The XF has tremendous pwr, and is surely a true roadster! Problem is the stiffer ride vs. the Z4. If I want to go on a long trip there is NO way that I could do it the XF. The Z4 gives up around 100hp + the true feeling of a roadster. I have a dilemma. The new '06 Z4 will add an additional 30hp, but the deals on the '05's will be hard to beat!
  • Options
    Did you try the Crossfire Limited? It would probably ride softer than the SRT, and have comparable acceleration to the Z4 3.0... certainly faster than the 2.5 model..

It might be the best of both worlds, and save you $10K, as well....

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks kyfdx. I did! But the SRT6 is superior on the corners and handling overall!Carsdirect has the LTD Roadster w/ auto @ $32,441. I've considered the two, and the compromise is there. That's a $7.5k diff. Considering that the LTD Roadster has as much horsies as the Z4 3.0, it might be the deal breaker.
    What is your opinion on the QC of Chrysler vs BMW? Also, what about the resale value in 4-5 years, respectively?
    I'm also nervous that Chrysler is going to lower the MSRP on the '06's, which might be a breakeven in the savings dept- all things being equal. If the sticker is $3-5K less( LTD-SRT since there is too much $ in the car from the start in '05 models), and you deduct for the model year+rebates, you might be better off waiting? Newer model, same $ or close to it. Maybe $3-5k more for the '06's vs same model '05's!? Any news on '06 pricing? I gave you the link to the BMW '06 pricing above in previous post.

Thanks!

P.S. Could one put softer tires on the SRT6 to compensate for the stiff ride if I go on a long trip-say 1k miles(RT 2k)? Those Michelins are almost flat! They have the Continentals on the LTD that are softer do to the size etc. There is also a que. as to liability for changing out the tires I believe(?), if one gets in an accidente. I need to check this out...
  • Options
    That stiff ride and hard tires are part of what make the car handle better in the corners... I don't think I would mess with the set-up that comes from the factory... Not to mention, those 18" and 19" tire sizes aren't exactly cheap..

Resale is obviously on the side of BMW.... Quality is hard to say... Both cars seem to have a lot of little niggling quality issues.... However, you won't pay for maintenance on the BMW for four years..

But, neither of these cars is overwhelmingly popular right now... resale is going to be a crapshoot... That said, I'd rather buy the current model at an $8K-$10K discount, than wait for a new one..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bdr127bdr127 Member Posts: 950
    I think those figures in CAD and USD could be a little deciving...

According to that article, BMW has only released the prices in Euros. If that's the case, then that would be the European price. Prices in Europe are not always the same when the vehicles are brought over to this side of the pond... I'd wait to see what BMWNA says about actual US prices.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads-up! How did the article's '06 MSRP Euro compare with '05 U.S. models? I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and jump in now vs waiting it out before all the '05 goodies are gone. I dislike the unknown...
  • Options
    anumoluanumolu Member Posts: 11
    Can you please share the down$ you are putting on this deal.
  • Options
    lifesuckslifesucks Member Posts: 1
    i got this deal
    bright red z4 2.5 manual with all the options including prem and sport packages except navigation system.
    msrp 43170 inv 39525 tmv 38062 my deal 36000.
    inv price - 3500.

Looks like a decent deal. I've not bought this yet. And there are 300+ miles on the car from test driving. Is that normal or a little bit too much??

also, can i find some sort of list on what to check before taking the car home. Or can some one advise me on that. Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm really tensed and excited as this is a big purchase for me and i do not want to take chances ;) And i observed from the on board computer there is mileage of 15.8mpg for previous 100 miles or so. Is that normal or is it because it might have been used for test drives?
  • Options
    soupstarsoupstar Member Posts: 6
    Just wanted to post my deal.

2005 3.0 Grey/Black
    Everything but the Nav - Sport, Premium, M-Seats
    MSRP - $48K+
    Paid - $41K+

I had a 2003 325i on lease that I returned for $20K, applied it to the sales tax. All in lease $570/mo - 36 mos, 10K mi, .0014 MF.

I know there was room to negotiate (fees, rate), but the PMT was way under my expectations. Bill Jacobs in Naperville, IL.

Now I just need to buy some snow tires!
  • Options
    herohero Member Posts: 1
    FOR $397.00 A MONTH, I NEED TO KNOW YOUR DOWN PAYMENT. I LIVE IN NJ AND THE DEALER WHERE I WENT IS ASKING FOR $4300.00 DOWN PAYMENT, $398.00 A MONTH. THE PRICE OF THE 04 3.0 Z4 IS $41000.00, ALREADY REDUCED.
  • Options
    chase2378chase2378 Member Posts: 3
    Got quoted from the dealer for an 03 2.5 Z4 w/ 21,000 miles, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Auto Top,Heated leather seats.. ect ect .. no Nav system. 25,500. Is this a decent price?? Thanks!!
  • Options
    eddypeddyp Member Posts: 14
    I am currently leasing an A6 2.7t which is coming due on Feb. 20th, and I have the option to extend it for 3 months. I am very interested in leasing a Z4 3.0 for my next car and I have done some research on edmunds and some other sites. I've heard that the new 06' Z4's will be out in mid 06' about summer time. I think the 3.0si's will have 255hp compared to the current 225hp which is really tempting me to wait. The only thing thats keeping me from waiting though is that currently the 05' Z4 3.0's have great deals but I'm not sure if they will in February when my current lease comes due. Should I just wait and see what the deals are in Feb? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    While more power is always better.. The current Z4 3.0 is definitely not lacking in the power department.. It wouldn't bother me to lease one now, even if the new one comes out next summer.

The only problem with waiting to lease... Sometimes, late in the model year, incentives will shift from leasing to purchasing.. If you are open to either, then this isn't a problem.. But, if you are intent on leasing, sometimes it can actually be more expensive to wait.

Of course, I don't have a crystal ball, and there is no telling what might happen.. But, if I had two months still to go on my lease, I'd take my chances..

One last thing.. are you sure the '06 comes out next summer? I thought it was February or March...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks kyfdx,

I read an article somewhere, I think it was on autospies that said the model will come out in the summer time, but Im not sure, I might have misread it. If it is coming out in Feb or March that is awesome!
  • Options
    Everything that I've seen says the new Z4 coupe will be coming out in June... I'm pretty sure the new '06 convertibles will be out before that, because they've already stopped taking orders for the '05s...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thats good news, I just hope that the '06 convertibles will be out soon. Is there an article anywhere which talks about it? (I searched a few times through google but didn't come across one)
  • Options
    I looked around for a specific reference, but all I could find was a post from a BMW sales rep back in November, giving the time-line for the '06 models....

I'll check around further..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    He stated that the dealers already have the ordering forms and that the '06 models will start production in February and roll into the dealers in March!
  • Options
    Yeah.. I just got the same info from a reliable source..

I wouldn't look for any killer lease deals early on, though....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Now thats what I'm afraid of. I dont know too much about leasing but do you think that if I lease it when it does come out, or if I pre-order it, I would be able to get a monthly payment of around $500-$550 (inc. taxes) if I put like $3k down for 36 months 10k mi/yr, or would that just be speculating (since I dont know the money factor)?

If my lease calculations are correct, with the same terms for a '05 3.0 with premium, sport, smg, xenon, metallic paint and heated seats I'm looking at around $430-$470/mo. using Nov. money factor
  • Options
    I'd just be speculating...

I would expect the lease to be at least $100-$150 higher per month than the current model, all things being equal.. at least to start..

If they don't sell well, then after a few months, the prices may moderate.... or not.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Well, I guess I'm just gonna wait it out and see what happens. Thanks for all the help kyfdx. Have a happy new year.
  • Options
    hondacivic1hondacivic1 Member Posts: 2
    I quote a quote today on 2005 Z4 (Bright Red, Premium Package, Black Leather, w/ Automatic Trans.)

Has 2100 miles, but never been titled (OWNER of the dealership which I got a quote from today drove this z4 last summer)

My asking price was $30k plus tax and fees
    Dealer's final offer was around 34k + tax title fees, etc

How does this sound?

Any help would be appreciated thanks
  • Options
    chase2378chase2378 Member Posts: 3
    Dude, Check out message #434. That's the deal that I got. After checking further, the dealer retail on that is around 30K for that car. So I think I made a great deal. And.... I LOVE my Z4!!! I just finshed chamoising it after washing it!!!
  • Options
    bholabhola Member Posts: 15
    Need some help. This thread is not update since Jan 07. Can you someone share their recent price and experience? I am planing to buy one for my brother.-B
  • Options
    bdr127bdr127 Member Posts: 950
    The reason no one has probably posted here is because BMW stopped 2005 MY production back in September or something... The 2006 models are just getting to dealers now. Probably not too many people out there that have bought Z4's lately...
  • Options
    tezzztezzz Member Posts: 15
    Base Price: $35,600
    Destination Charge: $695

Exterior Features:
    Jet Black
    Interior Features:
    Black with High Performance Leather and Aluminum Finish Interior Trim $1,150

Packages:
    Sport Package $1,000
    - Wheels: 17" Star Spoke Alloy (Style 105)
    - Sport Suspension
    Premium Package $3,200
    - Fully Automatic Power Top
    - Auto-Dimming Interior Mirrors
    - Power Front Seats with Driver Memory
    - Automatic Air Conditioning
    - On-Board Computer
    - BMW Assist with Bluetooth Wireless Technology
    Options:
    STEPTRONIC Automatic Transmission $1,275
    Xenon Headlights $700
    Heated Front Seats $500
    Headlight Washers $250

Accessories:
    Dynamic Drive Control (Sport Button) $0
    Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirrors $0
    Storage Package $0

Price As Built: $44,370

===========================================================

$4200 off (Dealer Dis.+ Cash bcak)
    $40170+ Fee

What u guys think?
  • Options
    trt333trt333 Member Posts: 4
    I just leased a very similar Z4, however without the sports package and headlight washers.

I actually liked the drive better without the sports package, so I would recommend you test drive both vehicles (with and without the sports package).

My stickers price was about $43,120 but I negociated down to $38,800 (I think they probably would have gone down a little more as well based on other dealerships I visited). So, perhaps you may have a little more room to go down on the price.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    expopsexpops Member Posts: 2
    Looking at a used 05 Z4 2.5i, with power top, upgraded stereo, leather, manual 5 sp, xenons. Red exterior with beige interior. 4400 miles with CPO, dealer wants $33991.

Any advice on the price? This is actually spot on with used Edmunds CPO price, hoping to go a bit lower.

Any advice will be appreciated.
  • Options
    stylishsinnerstylishsinner Member Posts: 1
    Used 2005 Z4 (3.0i)-- It is fully loaded including NAVIGATION, M SEAT, and CROM WHEEL. It has 19,000 miles on it.

With 100k/10 year warranty and BMW maintenance service, the dealer asks $40,000. (w/o tax)

Is it a fair deal? If it is not, what do you guys think about fair price?

HELP ME.
  • Options
    kellyelisekellyelise Member Posts: 1
    Do you think $1,000 over Dealer Invoice as shown on Edmunds is a decent offer for a 2007 Z4?

Kelly
  • Options
    vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Work it right and you should be able to get a NEW 2006 for 40k plus TTL. Good luck.
  • Options
    joshkathy1joshkathy1 Member Posts: 1
    We're looking for a 2007 Z4 too and were quoted about $2000 over invoice by one of these "guarantee to get you the best price or your money back services, so $1000 over invoice for a new 2007 sounds pretty darn good. But just to make things clear, didn't think you could price out a 2007 on Edmunds yet...just 2006s. Mind telling where you got such a good offer?
  • Options
    mdnightramblermdnightrambler Member Posts: 1
    what do you think a good price is for a 2007, auto, leather, power seats,power top, metallic pt. in calif? I noticed no one has posted here in a while.
This discussion has been closed.