Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    As I understand it, Toyo Guard is a way for dealers in the southern region to pad the price of Toyotas by adding these phony protections that are worth maybe 10% of what they charge. It's basically price-gouging. Toyota should forbid it

Here is another view on the subject as one who meets the public every day. It's an option. Some like the prior poster demand it on every vehicle they buy because they see value in it and other refuse it because they don't see the value.

It can cause friction but if you are aware of it then just deal with it. Negotiate it away or order a vehicle without it. If the dealership wants your business they will accomodate you. Nothing serious it's just business.
    Buyers can vote with their feet. It's very easy to do in today's age.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    While in Florida, I saw an ad for an X-SP sport package with 20 inch Enkei alloy wheels, 20 inch tires, X-SP badges, X-SP leather seats, and a few other things.

The price wasn't disclosed, but it was available for the 4Runner, Sequoia, and Tundra.

Is Toyota offering this, or is the Southeast Toyota distributor looking for some more cash? I saw another ad for the X-SP package in Georgia.

Any pricing info on the Camry?
  • tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    Good point. I know in CA that the Camry has 141 HP which is less than the 160 HP Accord has for 2005. PZEV lessened the horsepower, and I'm sure the Camry has the same 141 HP for 2006 (accord has 166 HP for 2006). At that time, when testdriving both vehicles, I noticed that the Accord had better acceleration than the Camry. Accord has come a long way in transmission performance as well. I think the Accord's 5 speed transmissions are now equal to or perhaps better than the 5 speed trannys used in the Camry. The Accords transmission shift quality in the 1980s and 1990s were quite poor. I hope that the 2007 Camry, which I want to buy, has at least 155 hp in CA models.

Mackabee, good to see your posts again. I've decided to wait for the 2007 Camry based on your input months ago. Take care and happy new year!
  • mark63mark63 Member Posts: 27
    What is the starting base price for Camry auto. 4cly.

Cause we just bought TOYOTA cars. Camry,Corolla. which 1 is nice, new RAV4 or Camry.

any ideas......
  • asheashe Member Posts: 3
    OK let's answer this question w/ the best example of many i can think of...

o' lets see... does anyone remember the 1998 mercedes ML320? there was no other SUV like it at it's debut, until the 1999 lexus rx300, which looked so closely like ML320 you had to wait to see the lexus emblem in the grill to know for sure.

now i'm not saying that the new '07 camry isn't stylish, quite the contrary, i just wish toyota would come out and say "we've never had ideas of our own, so this time we ripped off audi."
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    In 2005, before the re-ratings, the PZEV Camry was rated at 151 horses. In 2006, which encompasses the re-ratings, the PZEV Camry is rated at 148 horses.

~alpha
    I completely disagree with you on this. The ML320 debut and RX300 debut were very close to each other, and its HIGHLY unlikely that any styling details for the RX were modified after the ML's debut. I personally have never mistaken one for the other, and yours is the first argument that I've read citing these two examples. The ML looked particularly minivan like from the rear, and the front fascias were quite different.

I don't see Audi in the new Camry. I find it to be fairly squat, and the overall shape reminds me of the Lexus GS. In anycase, its not style that sells Camry and Accords....

~alpha
  • navigator89navigator89 Member Posts: 1,080
    Dont know if anyone's seen these ones yet, but here they are.

http://www.toyotanation.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/771
    Standard Camry with no options except mats lists for $20000 with local rebates. In this region it's $750.

LE Camry is about $21300 less the rebate.
    LE Camry w/SAB is abt $22000 less the rebate.

Negotiate your best deal.
  • day9day9 Member Posts: 57
    these are really old
    o-oh, more expensive than last generation :mad:
    HUH? These are the MSRP prices for the present 2006's on the lots now. The new 2007's are being built in KY now.

The pricing is not known yet but probably similar to the above. Interesting point is that the transaction prices of Camry's have actually increased in the last year or two.
    That may be but I'm sure some people havent seen them.
  • suave_tequilasuave_tequila Member Posts: 116
    I want to know how much it the top line Camry?

And the type of engine it will have?

The new Camry looks like a car I would see on the Lexus models! Esp. the GS! Good Toyota!

I wonder if the new Lexus ES will looks similar? Huh!!?

Any feedback will truly help me THANKS!!! :)
  • tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    Actually, we were both wrong.

All four-cylinder Camry models sold in California (and states with California emission standards) meet Partial Zero Emission Vehicle (PZEV) standards, complying with the state's Clean Air Initiative. The PZEV Camry meets the Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) standard for tailpipe emissions and emits virtually zero emissions from vaporization in the gas tank and fuel system.

Performance and fuel efficiency for the PZEV Camry are virtually the same as the other four-cylinder models. The engine produces 145 horsepower at 5,600 RPM and 158 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,000 RPM, and the car returns EPA city/highway estimated fuel mileage ratings of 23/32 mpg.
    I stand corrected.

There was recently a commercial on TV advertising that you could drive the Camry PZEV across the US X amount of times before it emitted the same pollution as painting a normal room in a house. I thought that was incredible.

~alpha
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    This is what Business Week had to say about the 2007 Camry:

"... The completely re-styled and re-engineered Camry...will feature significantly improved performance and a new level of comfort and refinement.

Toyota makes its exclusive Hybrid Synergy Drive available in the 2007 Camry. Toyota promised the Camry Hybrid will deliver the highest level of Camry performance ever achieved in both fuel efficiency and low emissions and also will achieve impressive power. Both vehicles will be built at Toyota's Georgetown, Ky., assembly plant. Both are 2007 models being introduced in early 2006.
    "

They also show a picture of the "new" Camry but I don't know how to post pictures. Here is the link though.
    http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/01/detroitauto/index_01.htm

• fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    The picture here is the "old" Camry.
    I hope someone has a digital camera at the Detroit Auto Show on Monday so they can take some "real" pictures of the Camry's debut. I am really looking forward to seeing it.
    I will take some pictures when I am there but I won't be there until the weekend because I don't have press credentials.
    Thanks jchan2. I know that you have been hanging around the forums, like me, for some time. If memory serves me, you have a 2004 I35.
    We certainly will appreciate some "real" digital pictures. The Camry introduction is Monday the 9th and we should find out some real specs shortly thereafter. I am debating between the TSX and the new 2007 Camry.
    Your memory would be right.

I'll be sure to post pictures up after I return from the show.
  • callmedrfillcallmedrfill Member Posts: 729
    There is a forum, "2006 North American International Auto Show", in News & Views, for any pictures and commentary on the show's events.

Sharing is caring. :)

DrFill
    Sixth generation (2007)
    The next-generation Camry will be completely redesigned and made in Georgetown, Kentucky. It will be a 2007 model introduced at the 2006 North American International Auto Show along with its identical hybrid twin, the Camry HV (info shown below). The new Camry will have a 2.4 L I4 making 158 hp with 4 trim levels: CE, LE, SE, and XLE. It will also have the 3.5 L V6 making 268 hp with three trims: LE, SE, and XLE. The V6 will be available with a 6-speed sequential transmission. A spilt-folding rear seat is not available on the SE trim. A navigation system with cell-phone link and heated leather seats are available for the SE and the V6-powered XLE. A keyless entry/remote starter is optional on the V6-powered XLE. The 2007 Toyota Camry will make its official debut in January 2006 at Detroit at the NAIAS.

Camry Hybrid
    For 2006, Toyota will create a hybrid gas/electric Camry when it is redesigned as the 2007 Toyota Camry called the Camry Hybrid. It will use a Hybrid Synergy Drive setup similar to that of the Toyota Highlander Hybrid and Lexus RX 400h, which mates Toyota's 3MZ V6 with an electric motor. However, the Camry Hybrid will utilize a 4-cylinder gasoline engine as opposed to a V6, a setup that will produce 192 hp. Standard features include remote entry and start, side torso airbags, knee airbags and side-curtain airbags. The Camry Hybrid will be built at the company's Georgetown, Kentucky plant, with about 45,000 projected per year.
  • zgr81zgr81 Member Posts: 12
    My big question is what are the improvements over the 2006 Camry?
    What are the prices?
    We are all waiting for these facts. We will be getting them in the next few days or weeks.
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    I think the XLE plastic wood interior looks bogus. The SE Camry is something I might consider buying and look forward to giving it a test drive.

The XLE is just crying plastic.
  • dampfnudeldampfnudel Member Posts: 131
    I wonder if the the navi screen is the same as the one on the new Lexus IS with better resolution/brighter colors. It also looks like there's no LED taillights on the blue model. I'm also interested if it handles better than the 2006 XLE model.
    My big question is what are the improvements over the 2006 Camry?
    What are the prices?

I'll go out on a limb a little

Improvements:
    Uh state of the art V6!!!
    10 airbags standard;
    BT standard;
    style, style, style.. I do love the new look;
    2" more interior room.. same exterior dimensions;
    MP3/MWA input standard;
    sport tuned suspension, SE;
    Hybrid... in this vehicle!!!
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    It's a baby Lexus, with the Lexus 3.5 V-6 (a bigger engine than the GS300!), the 6-speed transmission, knee airbags and the rest. But the interior ain't no Lexus. Looks cheap. Imitation light wood plastic looks low rent and doesn't really go with the silver alum on the rest of the dashboard. Reminds me of the Avalon interior. Maybe beige or black seats have different color fake plastic wood. The Accord abandoned that same light plastic wood this year in favor of a darker wood/plastic that looks better and richer.
    Toyota.com
  • jrock65jrock65 Member Posts: 1,371
    Press release:

http://pressroom.toyota.com/Release...YT2006010675087

I4: 158 hp, 24/34
    V6: 268 hp, 22/31
    Hybrid: 192 hp, 43/37
    I just called up and put my purchase order for the new Honda Accord on hold. All bets are off until March!
    It looks like no HID's for the 07 XLE/SE and only the hybrid gets LED taillights. Oh well, the 440-watt sound system, aux. jack, bluetooth, improved navi and other new features should make up for those omissions. I may have a problem with the light wood on the XLE, it doesn't look good. Handling is another issue as well so if I decide to get the 07 Camry, it may have to be a SE.
    Based on its traditon of not adjusting the prices much when new models are into'd I'll guess that the typical prices will be in the following ranges. Equipment will vary in each trim level of course.

A) 4c 2.4L ~80%+ of sales

CE $20500 ~25% of sales
    LE $22000 ~35% of sales
    SE $24000 nominal
    XLE $25000 ~10% of sales

B) Hybrid $26000 ~10% of sales

C) V6 3.5L ~15 to 20% of sales
    LE $24500 ~5%
    SE $25500 ~5%
    XLE $28000 ~10%
    Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn Unveils All-New 2007 Sentra at NAIAS [Jan. 9, 06]

"In North America in the near future, all of Nissan’s front engine/front-wheel drive vehicles except for Quest and some Versa models will come equipped with CVTs – including 100% of Sentras, Altimas, Maximas and Muranos sold with automatic transmissions."
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I always knew Toyota and Honda would be reluctant to put HIDs in Camrys and Accords at least until the cost drops much more.
    Well, they have to cut some corners in interior materials so people buying an ES350 can enjoy a significant upgrade and justify the extra expense.
    I always hate the light yellowish "wood" (first seen in the Infinity Q45 several years ago) Maybe it would look better with a brown/tan interior instead of the grey leather shown in the pic.
    http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/01/09/detroit-2006-toyota-camry-camry-hybrid-in- - troduced/

Tons of information.

I own a 2004 V6 Camry, and personally I like my car exterior styling better, but this one has a better interior definitely.
    So what? Is it better than camry's 6-spd or LS's 8-spd?
    Maybe Honda will take the plunge with the 8th-gen Accord. Anyway, projector halogen's are a step in the right direction.
    Whoops! Meant to post in the midsize sedans thread. Sorry.
    CVT is good for getting higher mpg . . but not particularly good for getting top performance. I will take a 6 speed autostick anyday!
    They would put HIDs on the new Accord if they want to take sales away from the TL.
    Some people will say why get a TL then?
    Others will say, with the extra cost of the HIDs, why pay $32K for decked an 2008 Accord Hybrid with nav and HIDs?
    A loser for Honda either way.

A maxed out 2007 Camry XLE V6 +$700 to $1000 for HIDs would probably get uncomfortably close in price and features to a lightly optioned 2007 ES350 not to mention stepping all over the Avalon.
  • lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    "As a result of this development, transmission kickdown response was cut to 0.5 seconds, more than twice as fast as the response of the transmission this new one replaces."

The current tranny has been roundly criticized for its slow response to downshift. My 2005 SE-V6 is noticeably better than my 2004 HL V6.
    What is the big upgrade between this years 4 cylinder and the 2007 4 cylinder??

I think a lot more people are going to buy the Camry V6 this go-round. It sounds like the better bang for your buck.