Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• mdchachimdchachi Member Posts: 275
    You can only do this using the new voice recognition input method.
  • babyrocketbabyrocket Member Posts: 54
    So what version of the NAV system comes in the 2007 Camry, and what are its specs? Is there additional information on it anywhere?

Thanks -
  • driverdmdriverdm Member Posts: 505
    If I were you I'd wait about a week or two and see if the styling still is so exciting. A Camry over a TL is a big big jump to make logically. I mean with the TL only $3K more than a Camry, it is hard for me to swallow buying the Camry. Toyota is good but Aacura is in general better. The material quality, the features, the resale value, the attention to detail. The Camry is new so it may have ALOT of new appeal but once it wheres off, you'll be left with a very expensive family sedan versus a bargain of a luxury car.
  • toyota07toyota07 Member Posts: 12
    At least, it's a step in the right direction. I wish it allowed you full function while the car is in motion.
  • iwantatliwantatl Member Posts: 25
    Interesting thread, I have not heard a peep from my salesman ever since he said he could order me a v6 xle for 28.5K. LaLaLa. I also don't like the xle wood, too light. I personally can't get excited about the car. Somebody take my wife, please... Can get a TL nav for 34k but no deals on financing...or Infinity is offering 1.95 financing on g35's. I can get a 39k g35x for 36k. the money is almost free. A grand over 3 years. If you don't mind a $1000 a month car payment...People are right, you want a camry, wait 3 months, go pick one you like. Don't get caught up in the new car hype. This week they are only going to make 6500 of them. Duh.
  • neno8403neno8403 Member Posts: 49
    I don't really understand how so many people are comparing Acura to Toyota :confuse: . Its like comparing Hyundai to Infinity. Two completely different classes of cars. If you are going to compare Acura to a Toyota product in all fairness it would have to be compared to Lexus.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    Show me prices. Show me a comparably equipped Camry is that is only 3K less than a TL.

[In Philly] Looking on Carsdirect.com, I see a Camry XLE V6 plus heated seats, VSC, floormats, Smart Key with an MSRP $31,039 and a selling price of $29,580.

An Acura TL + NAV is $35,940, with selling price of $33,819.

MSRP difference is $4901, and selling price difference is $4239, figures about half again as much as $3000.

Still, the two are aimed at different markets, and different segments in that market. And both have features the other one lacks; its not REALLY as if one is better or worse equipped than the other.

~alpha
  • fsowirlesfsowirles Member Posts: 195
    The Camry SE V6 with everything I wanted will be in to teh dealer in about 2 weeks. I was able to catch it prior to leaving the factory and add some stuff for 'port installation'. I was looking at the TL, and am very happy to find that the Camry of choice for me is $3k less and jsut as satisying. Bluetooth, NAV, MP3 capability, nice drivetrain and engine, good value. Even though the TL is considered an Entry Luxo sedan, the redesigned Camry isn't that far off. More Lex and Toy. ;)
  • petlpetl Member Posts: 610
    There can only be one reason, Toyota did a pretty good job with this new Camry. My personal believe has always been that Acura was one notch lower than Lexus and a little higher than Toyota. My opinion has only been reinforced after seeing the new Camry at the local dealer last night. This is personal observation. I do not wish to offend anyone. It's no wonder Toyota expects to sell 500,000 annually. The only problem is it will seem like everyone has one.
  • rs_pettyrs_petty Member Posts: 423
    Just wait until they win their first Cup race!
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    The TL also has dual climate control and a more luxurious interior, plus a 4-year 50,000 mile warranty. Some people have been getting the TL, with NAV, in the $32,000 range. Still, the SE is a great bargain.
    I am not comparing a Camry to a TL. I just happen to be looking at both. I can get what I want in a TL, ie: and I pay $5k more vs. trying to find a Camry. I just didn't think it would be that much of an [non-permissible content removed] pain to get a new Camry. In St. Louis we have 2 Acura dealers. They both quote the same price $34k nav $32k no nav. I wish I could get a TL nav for $32k.
    Like I said, the Camry is nice, but it is still a Camry. No offense....
  • tidewatertidewater Member Posts: 69
    I'd be very interested to see if you are able to order what you want in the XLE.

I'm trying to get XLE 4SP with NAV, and with the hassle factor in availability, and now considering skipping the NAV (paying about $25K), buying XLE V6 with NAV plus obligatory extras (would pay about $29K), or even perhaps the 2006 Avalon XLS with NAV ($32K) (I'd buy an SE with NAV, but it does not have climate control) (These are Fitzmall prices).

I see Honda Accord has the NAV in 4 cly, and could be purchsed for $26K. I hope Toyota makes NAV more available.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    The car has only been out for a week, folks. Toyota's going to produce a lot of Camrys, not all combinations are available just yet, even if your region will be ordering them in the future.

~alpha
  • suksuk Member Posts: 8
    I received a quote of 32.5k for Acura 2006 + Navi
    where do you live?
  • suksuk Member Posts: 8
    CT
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    I have been quoted $300, $400, $500, and $600 over dealer invoice in the Seattle/Tacoma area.

One dealer said they were selling theirs for $595 over MSRP. HA!!!!!!!!!

Haven't heard from the Costco dealer yet but doubt they can beat $300 over invoice.

Dealers say I should get a special order car within 5 weeks from order. They will reconfigure a car they have in the queue to what my specs are.

Will order manana.
  • prigglypriggly Member Posts: 642
    I was a few days from putting a deposit on a 2006 Acura TL,

What about the absence of H.I.D. Bi-Xenon lights on the new Camry? In Canada there is also no navigation available. Also, no dual zone climate control on the SE.

Three serious flaws IMO. The new Camry is simply not in the same class as the Acura TL.
  • fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    When people are talking invoice here are we really talking invoice(from kbb or edmunds) PLUS the TDA fee because apparently the TDA fee shows on the dealer invoice as a valid amount when a dealer shows you the dealer invoice? Comments or questions?
    Manufacturers invoice price + Advertising Cost = Dealers Invoice.

In the Pac NW, that advertising number is $514.

At Fitzmall, it calculates to be $457.
    Thought I wanted the Bisque (tan) interior but saw one on a Barcelona Red XLE today.

Looked terrible because the seats are tan (didn't look at the door panels) but everything else (console, dash, carpet) is the same as on the Ash (gray) interior.

As if the wrong seats had been dropped into the car.

Disappointing so I will go with Ash Leather.
  • petlpetl Member Posts: 610
    "The new Camry is simply not in the same class as the Acura TL."

Maybe not the Camry SE. However, the XLE might be (or pretty darn close). In reality the Camry is not suppose to be in the same class. It's a mass produced vehicle attempting to satisfy what many average American (and some Canadian) buyers would like to purchase. The TL does not fall in that category (nor should it). I think it's a complement to Toyota that some are actually comparing it to the TL (and not the Accord). What may appear as a flaw is likely a marketing strategy by Toyota. The bottom line is simple, it's your money and choice.
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    You may want to contact Thompson Toyota or Tri County Toyota in Pennsylvania. They each have one 4 cylinder XLE with nav, leather, heated seats, vehicle stability control, floor mats, for $28,544.00 and $28,758.00 respectively. The second one has the Z1 package, the first one the CF option. Aloe green and Black. Good luck in trying to get either of these two cars from these dealers. They are either pre-ordered for the GM's wife's demos or have already been pre-sold. Tell them Mackabee sent you!
    :shades:
    Mackabee
    What a deal!!!!!!!!!

$26,000 - 26,200 for these in Seattle area.
    Easy njerald. I was quoting MSRP's. It's up to tidewater to negotiate his price. If that's what they are going for in Seattle knock yourself out and buy one. I'm just providing some information since tidewater is in my area.
    Mack
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    If youwantaTL, go to Chicago. It's much more competitive there than St. Louis.
    I do appreciate your passing on the info on those two Camrys Mackabee. From the option descriptions, it sounds like option combination #3 (in Seattle, Wash region) from toyota.com 'build your vehicle'. I actually heard from another local dealer there were two XLE 4SP with NAV in our region (1 Black 1 White). Since there are only two XLE's 4SP in the entire region currently, I think it'd be nearly impossible for me to get such a current car directly from a dealer. Hence, I'll probably special order.

I am a fairly slow buyer, and will probably wait around a few more weeks before placing an order. Other than that one brief visit to a local dealer, I have not really pursued this. From the comments posted here, I believe that I will be able to get the car I want for around $500 to $600 above invoice.

I am thrilled with all the new features on the new 2007!

Right now I'm thinking:
    Camry XLE 4SP, VSC, Heated & Leather Seats, NAV,
    Desert Sand if the beige interior looks good.
    I would prefer to get non-heated cloth seats, but I'm guessing that Toyota will not provide that configuration.
    Would like to avoid the Z1 package

As you can tell, I from the Tidewater area, like yourself.

Tidewater --
    tom.mccoy at cbre.com
    You must be thrilled njerald!

Good job on your quotes. My guess is that numerous people on the boards are using the pricing information that you just came up with. As in my last post, I'd like to get an XLE 4SP configured under the Washington region Option #3.

Can I ask you one more time which model/configuration/color you are going to order?

Now I hope your order goes smoothly, and something doesn't go wrong during that time while waiting for the order, and that you don't have to pay any unreasonable doc fees or prep fees. I like to deal with someone where I'm very confident the sale transaction will go perfectly smoothly.

Congrats on getting a good deal rolling!
    Hey njerald,

Do you think the Bisque is that bad?

I wanted the Bisque (tan interior) because I getting very tired of the grey, and I just don't see how the yellow wood is going to go with the grey. I sat in a 2006 Avalon with a tan interior - I liked it better than grey. I was also told that the Avalon's wood trim color (which I think looks great) is also same color on the 2007 Camry (This seems untrue and I think Camry wood is lighter - more yellow).

Here is Grey/wood interior 2007 XLE
    http://www.toyotanation.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/5229/cat/771
    I'm going to get Option 2. Everything except NAV.

I'll buy floormats, spoiler, pedal covers, etc. after at 70% of dealer cost and install myself.

Going to add dual exhaust the same way as they did it on the V6 model. I like the symmetrical look of them.

Titanium Metallic/Ash Color.

$24,843 + tax and license.
    I didn't think the light wood looked too bad with the grey. Saw it on a Black XLE today. Same as the pic you referenced.

If the Console, dash and carpet were Bisque, I think it would look good but they look the same as on the Ash interior. So you have a 3 or 4 tone interior with the bisque, and that's one color too much for me.

Maybe the carpet was a brownish color but definitely not tan.

It is definitely NOT color coordinated. More like a Yugo.
    It Toyota truly has a grey (Ash) console with tan seats - that would be terrible - and I would definity go with Ash. (I'm just having trouble believing Toyota would actually do that). I agree that the Camry light wood color is not too bad with the Ash color. But wish Camry would use the Avalon wood color.

http://www.toyota.com/avalon/interior.html
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Maybe that's why Toyota refuses to print any photos of the bisque interior.
  • samchinchsamchinch Member Posts: 47
    Where are you going to get all that stuff at 70% off?
    I noticed that also! There are no photos I could find on the web of the Bisque interior.
    I'm glad I saw it before I ordered it.

Sat (front and back)in the Ash one but couldn't even get past the open door with the Bisque.

Maybe that's why there are not many pics with the Bisque interior.

Plenty of front headroom for me (6'2") but my head would touch the headliner if I leaned back in the back seat.

Check it out at a dealer and let me know what you think.
  • mary99mary99 Member Posts: 65
    The XLE I test drove had the bisque cloth interior and the dash was not gray, unless I was totally oblivious that day, and so was my husband. Or is it only the leather that is the concern?
    Can get the 2007 Camry OEM floor mats now on EBAYfor $95 delivered which is probably too much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Camry-Carpet-Floor-Mats-Year-All-New-2007_- W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33697QQitemZ8045685942QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thje rest will be on EBAY or at a number of dealers who sell Toyota parts and accessories online at below retail discounts.

Shipping is normally a push with my state sales tax being avoided.
    The dash has a lighter lower section that is a more neutral color and then the upper is a darker gray as I recall.

It is not like my LHS which has a tan dash, tan carpet, tan seats, tan door skins, tan leather steering wheel and tan behind the back seats with medium color wood accents.
  • ben_canadaben_canada Member Posts: 14
    For the 07 Camry in general, would the quality of assembly be better during the first few initial months (cause they want to get a good impression from every major car reviewers) or after let's say 3-6 months? (more practice/more routine)?

I asked because the first few 07 Camrys I've seen were NOT even close to "tip top" as I would expect from Toyota! the assembly quality of these new Camrys were MUCH MUCH lower than those of the Corolla in general! (interior plastic pieces were about to drop off, not lined up properly, hugh gaps btw left/right doors(same area), upper/lower dashboards were not fitted/lined properly (very obvious!)...etc

Edit: all the Camrys with VINs starting 4/04!
    I have seen 3 '07 Camry's but they were all from Japan.

They looked ok.
    Does anyone know if the controls on the steering wheel on the XLE I4 are lighted?
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    They must be since there are too many buttons to operate only by feel.
  • ix1is1ix1is1 Member Posts: 55
    Hey have you seen the aloe green camry in person. We don't have it in so cal yet but when i put the Washington zipcode, I see the aloe green. Love the color in the picture, but I wonder how is it in person.
  • fsowirlesfsowirles Member Posts: 195
    I thought all non-hybrid Camry production (hybrid production moving late this calendar year) was done at the Georgetown, Kentucky plant :confuse:

BTW: Mine will be at the dealer by the first week of April (still in production). I can't wait!!! Singed the purchase order yesterday afternoon. $600 over invoice, and only paying invoice for the Post Production option adds that I made.
  • tonyguy2000tonyguy2000 Member Posts: 39
    I'd be surprised if the buttons are lit! Lexus buttons on the steering wheel on not lit I was told by a Lexus dealer, so why would a camry have them?
  • pickles077pickles077 Member Posts: 30
    The 2007 Camrys on the local lot are from Japan.
    Tennessee.
    What model, engine, and options are you ordering?
    Yes, I am. What does XLE 4SP mean? I've seen you use it in several posts and am having a hard time figuring it out. The two XLE's I told you about last night are the only ones showing on the national locator for our region. Color codes were 0776 and 0202 which are Aloe green and Black respectively.
    Mackabee