Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Yes, the Nuvi can plug into the AUX input of the Camry and has a built-in MP3 player so you can play music throught it at the same time http://www.garmin.com/products/nuvi/gallery/pt-nuviGal08.jpg

The Nuvi is very small and can fit in you pocket and can run on batteries for a few hours if needed.

You can even take it with you on your bike

A new model that is probably too big to fit in a pocket but has more audio options (such as connecting to and controlling and iPod) is the soon-to-be-released new TomTom units.

There will be some new TomTom units later this year that not only control your iPod and can get live traffic information, but will also have built-in Bluetooth to control your cell phone.
  • mary99mary99 Member Posts: 65
    Thanks. Will it mute the car stereo or only if you're playing MP3s through it? I use a 'plug & play' XM radio now, which is one reason I'm not fond of having another 'clip on' accessory in my new car.

I guess I could always have an Eclipse in-dash unit put in something. Seems a shame to pull out a nice new car stereo and toss it, though.

The portability isn't needed. I do residential real estate appraisal and that's why I want the nav, just for work.
    You will not need to "clip-on" the Nuvi anywhere. It should fit in the center console storage with access to the AUX jack and power port. Just close the center console's sliding cover over it if you aren't taking it with you.

When you choose the AUX mode on the stereo normally you can't use the AM/FM radio at the same time.
    They only play the MP3s on the device or you can use an iPod with the TomTom unit. Maybe the TomTom unit can also piggyback to a portable XM via a headphone cable, but that wasn't mentioned.

If you will not ever use the portability to transfer the nav to other vehicles or walk around with, then most people will prefer a factory installed unit.
    Interesting. I didn't think about that console. I don't think I'd be able to see a 3" screen in there, though. It looks like Garmin's coming out with one that's got XM in it and a 7" screen. $1499 but might be an alternative to factory. So if it's plugged into the car's AUX input it's voice commands come through the car stereo?

Sorry for the temporary threadjack. This is info I need. :D
    Yes, if you connect it to the AUX input the voice commands come through the stereo along with any music playing on the Nuvi or TomTom unit.
    You can get the bigger Garmin with built-in XM, but it's much bulkier than an Nuvi plus you have to run an antenna wire for the XM somewhere.
    These newer units read the street names out loud, so you should be able to use it without looking at the screen much other than to input the destinations while parked.
    You can use a mount to attach it closer to eye level if you want.
  • tidewatertidewater Member Posts: 69
    That Garmin Nuvi looks great! I was actually considering buying it previously. Are you considering putting it in a 2007 Camry? You seem to be pretty knowlegible on placements & hookups, ect. specially on the 2007 Camry. My problem with the portable NAVs is having to plug them in for every use, and having another gadget around your dash somewhere. Perhaps you have solved that problem on the new Camry if a Nuva could be hardwired to power and plug into stock radio.
    You could just leave it plugged in to one of the 12v power ports and the AUX input all the time and store it there, only pulling out as needed. I think I could get by without ever "mounting" it to the car by just propping it up in the cupholders or getting a cupholder mount.
  • samchinchsamchinch Member Posts: 47
    If the options lists says it can be had then it can be had. You just have to find the right dealer to deal with. If you want to look at it the way you are then just buy the cars with leather seats and enjoy. It really puzzles me why people go on about such things on this website about things that aren't even problems.
    People the things you are stating are just not true. Look at the documentation it says everything. Someone just does not know how to read. Go to kbb.com and build yourself a toyota their and you will see what options are available and how they are put together. People are so misinformed on these cars.
    You cannot buy what the factory doesn't build and the dealership does not stock. The cars are built and equipped certain ways. It is always possible that more flexible options will become available as they increase production later in the year.
    Last year many people had an impossible time finding VSC and side curtain airbags on many Toyota models even though the options list said they were available on those models.
    If you go the Toyota website and build the car there you will see what is available in your area. The KBB only says what is theoretically possible based on what Toyota published as options, not what is actually produced and available.
    I'm sorry... "Someone just does not know how to read"??? Me thinks that would be YOU.

So kbb.com is a better source of Toyota options than toyota.com? Let me know when kbb.com sells you the toyota you 'built' there.

And "get the leather and just enjoy it"? It's a minus here, not a plus I'm cheaping out on. A minus. As in no one wants it in their car when it's 112 degrees out. You have no choice but to cover it with seat covers. Nice use of $2k, huh? Spend another $100 on sheepskin to hide it and it's almost liveable.

Please. Don't make me laugh.
  • ix1is1ix1is1 Member Posts: 55
    Wow nice pics jaxs1, can we see some exterior pics with the blue ribbon? Blue looks nice but only on certain cars. I am debating on blue ribbon or aloe green.
    Yes it does list the xle i4 with the leather option on kbb.com, but if you go to the dealers, they will say they can't do that for you. They can do nav with leather but won't give you nav w/o leather. "People are so misinformed on these cars." -samchinch
    Hey guys, I found accessories for cheap. Think you guys will like this '07 accessories
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    In theory that's true but what kbb doesnt show you is that the options available in certain regions are not always available in all regions. In additon, the options menu is not a la carte. Sometimes, the options are linked together so you must order one feature plus another that you may not want. In the regions that do this you can theoretically order what you want but there's no guarentee that the vehicle will ever be built nor what the delivery date will be.
    Beautiful Car jaxs1!!!

The dark blue looks fantastic.
    It is a link to someone elses car. I have not bought a new car yet.
    These are the best pics of the 2007 of any I have seen posted. Getting more excited about the Camry.
  • lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    jaxs1 - thanks for the great pictures. I notice that the car looks like it's from Capitol Toyota in Salem, Oregon??

Did you buy the car from them (or do you work there)? I live in Oregon and am interested in finding a dealer easy to work with. Lithia controls this neck of the woods.

Any comments on the dealership would be welcome. Again, great pictures.
  • w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    I almost purchased a 2006 Camry a few months ago, but decided to wait on the 2007. Yesterday, I spent some time looking at and driving a 2007 Camry LE 4-cylinder. This one was made in Japan, as it had the J prefix in the VIN.

I really like the interior of the 2007, as compared to the earlier generation. For me, however, the exterior is another story. In one word, the front end is UGLY, and the rear end isn't far behind in that department! Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I much prefer the exterior design of the previous generation Camry. It's most likely a design that will "grow" on you, as many are, but for now, I'll look elsewhere.
    My mother just bought a 2002 Camry XLE 4cyl, which I drove yesterday. It seemed to have plenty of power and the engine seemed quiet. When I drove the 2007 XLE 4cyl, it seemed a bit underpowered and the engine was high and whiny. Did it get a lot heavier? Where could I look up the vehicle weights?
  • fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    The 2007 XLE I4 is approximately 132 pounds heavier than the 2002(3373 vs. 3241). More specs can be found at toyota.com
  • camble94camble94 Member Posts: 15
    Can someone please post some beige leather interior shots? I am curious to see if the "yellow" wood accents look any better.
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Member Posts: 215
    Thanks for the accessory link ix1is1.
    Have you dealt with them before?
    Good prices they have.
    Cheers,
    Ken
  • larryt22larryt22 Member Posts: 125
    Does someone have a breakdown on what you can tell from the vin number? I know the first digit tells where it was manufactured, but can you tell the series (CE, LE, SE, XLE) or whether it is an I4 or V6 from the vin? Also, how about the color code?

A lot of the dealers in my area seem to post the vin number on their websites, but some don't even indicate what model it is. I am looking for information on what you can tell from the vin. Thanks.
    I am answering my own question. Here is what I can tell and would like someone to confirm or explain what digits 4, 6, 7 & 8 tell us.

Digit 1 - Country Code 4=US & J=Japan
    Digit 2 - Manufacturer T=Toyota
    Digit 3 - ?? Seems to be 1 for US and N for Japan
    Digit 4 - ?? Seems to always be B
    Digit 5 - Possibly engine E=4Cyl & K=V6 ??
    Digit 6-8 - ?? Always seem to be 46K
    Digit 9 - This is a check digit
    Digit 10 - Year 7=2007
    Digit 11 - Plant U=Georgetown and 3=Japan
    Digit 12-17 - Sequence number at plant of manufacture
  • ctalkctalk Member Posts: 646
    Those are nice pictures.

The Camry's interior looks great at night. I like the blue interior lighting. Much better then last generation's bland green.
    Hey I am not worried about it. You guys can worry about it. But I will get an I4 Xle with cloth and NAV. You will just have to deal with the leather because that is what is available to you.
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    Good job.

You can't tell what Trim or color from the VIN though.
    I know :(
    I was hoping to at least be able to tell the series (CE, LE, SE or XLE). Doesn't look like that is possible unless I have missed something.
    Yes, they are lit.

Saw owners pics at Toyotanation.
  • glanwinglanwin Member Posts: 28
    I just bought my 2007 Camry LE 4 cyl today. Now I am shopping around for the Toyota Extended Warranty. I got the price $800 over the invoice. However, I got pretty good deal on my trade-in which is $1000 more than the other Toyota dealers gave me on my 99 Sienna.
    what color did you get? did you get the aloe green?
    I've done some looking.

Try Toyota of Greenfield, Crown Toyota - Kansas, Dan Porter Motors - ND, and prius chat website.

I have seen 84 month, 100,000 mile warranties bought at these places for $980-995 in the last 2 years.

Toyota list is $1450 for that platinum warranty with zero deductible.

I'm going to buy one after I get my car so let us know what you find out!!!!!!!!!
  • fsowirlesfsowirles Member Posts: 195
    This page from KBB shows the regional options. Mainly it is the South East region that has the different stuff available. Like rear view camera, for example.

link title
  • neno8403neno8403 Member Posts: 49

• bunjeebunjee Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am about to lease a Camry 70 XLE with leather package. I would like to know, objectively, if current owners of that models are happy, unhappy, very satisfied, any complaints, any reasons why I should not buy it.
    If not what do you suggest for that price ($26,000)?
    Thanks.
  • klunkmanklunkman Member Posts: 80
    No photos are posted online anywhere of a Bisque 2007 XLE or any other 2007 Camry interior in Bisque.

I think the pic below is bisque. You can't tell me that's ash(gray). I think the ash and bisque are very close tone-wise.

Camry Hybrid

Compare that with this XLE pic, which is ash:

Camry XLE

There is definitely a difference.
  • shellrehmshellrehm Member Posts: 15
    Yes these pictures are Bisque but not for the XLE. The XLE I think only comes with the wood grain. Mine is a LE Bisque and that is the color.
  • glanwinglanwin Member Posts: 28
    I got silver one. They only have black, white, or silver for LE and they took the magnetic gray for their own fleet car. That magnetic gray looks really good.
  • loved1loved1 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone willing to share their recent experience & out-the-door price paid for a 2007 CE or LE in the Washington DC metro area? I plan to buy this weekend.
  • dinkerjilldinkerjill Member Posts: 12
    go to fitzmall.com
    I'm trying to decide if I need the V6 or if the I4 would be enough. I know I want noticeably more power than my current car (97 Civic EX). Is it valid to compare the weight/HP ratio between vehicles? If so the Civic will be more powerful than the Camry I4 (19.8 lbs/horse vs. 21.3), right? So I need the V6?

97 Civic: 127hp, 2518 lbs.
    07 Camry XLE: 158 hp, 3373 lbs.

THANKS for any feedback!
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    That ratio doesnt really tell the whole story. Also, I'm not sure if you're aware, but recently there was a change in how the Society of Automotive Engineers allows manufacturers to calculate horsepower, so the numbers between the 97 Civic (under the old method) and the 07 Camry (under the new method) arent directly comparable.

Finally, the Civic's small 1.6L 4 cylinder needed to be revved like hell to make any torque, peaking at 115 foot pounds, where as the Camry's 4 produces a good deal at a much lower RPM, and peaks at 161 foot pounds. If you arent sure what I'm talking about, check out this cool link:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/horsepower.htm

You should drive both the Camry 4 and V6 before you make your decision. I think you'll find the 4 acceptably stronger than your Civic. Naturally, I'll recommend the V6 cause it sure does scoot, and you sacrifice only two MPG- but it just may not be necessary.

~alpha
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    Yes that is exactly correct. In SET there are often a lot more individual options that are specific to that area because SET runs the vehicles through it's own distribution system. They have more 'addons' than other regions because that's how they make their money.

Other regions like SoCal, CAT, Boston get vehicles directly from Toyota with only Toyota options available. Each region can pick and choose what they feel works best in it's region.
    The i4 uses less gas by 2 MPG. 2 Mpg...so that's what...just 30 miles per tank difference? If you are going to get the I4 with leather, you're going to have to add about 1000 more. If you are going for leather then you should go for the V6 since it's standard. Don't forget the push start button on the 6. Check out the torque difference between the 4 and 6. For the 2k price difference, I'd say you'll get way more for your money.
    Besides the Horsepower rating difference mentioned in an earlier post, there is also a gearbox difference (5 speed)that may help the '07 I4.

I don't how noticeable it will be either way.

Noticeably more power will be the V6 for about $2,000 more initially and $10-15 more per month for gas.
    Thanks, everyone! Excellent points. I had a feeling you couldn't just compare that easily.

I actually would like to avoid leather but it's looking like I have to choose between cloth or nav, and I think nav might win.

The Smart Key is an option, not standard, on the V6, right? I would like that, too.

My husband keeps telling me to get the 6, too. Imagine that. ;)
    Yes, the smart key is an "option". Go to any dealer and check out the V6, you'll have a very hard time finding a 6 without the smart key installed already.
    The i4 uses less gas by 2 MPG. 2 Mpg...so that's what...just 30 miles per tank difference

Even if that applied in reality, that is 300 miles every 10 tanks.
    Unless you drive exclusively on the highway, you will notice a much bigger difference in mileage between V6 and I4. Based on other vehicles with same engine (Avalon and RAV4) the V6 users are much less likely to get close to the EPA rated city mileage than I4 users. 17MPG in city driving is common with the V6 while I4 RAV4 drivers have been getting close to the EPA city ratings.
    The V6 often meets and exceed the highway mileage on long vacation trips, but who drives only on clear highways all the time?
    Obviously, if you actually use the added power the V6 has available, the mileage will plummet further. What is the point of having the V6 if you don't use the power for fast acceleration?
    Don't expect only a 2MPG mileage difference even though the EPA mileage sticker says the highway mileage is only 2 MPG apart.
    The more stop and go city driving you do, the wider the mileage gap between the two engines will get.