Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• tjrentjren Member Posts: 1
    Toyota launched Chinese version Camry today. It's more like the Australian version Aurion.
    link title
    Personally, I like its front end style more.
  • lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    And let us not forget the infamous A604 Chrysler tranny from the early 90s. Ours failed at 96K (and left us stranded on the highway), the longest lived of any I ever heard of. I knew at least 10 people with Chrysler minivans whose trannies failed under warranty and got a free replacement. No amount of complaining and letter writing to Chrysler amount a documented and admitted design problem could coerce a nickel out of them. I mailed a picture of my wife next to her Explorer when it replaced the minivan.

Anyway, electronically controlled transmissions seem to have a history of problems, certainly not unique to Honda or Toyota. My Highlander has a very slight hesitation, my Camry even less but I'm not worried about either of them leaving me stranded.
  • w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    Hi Pat,

I was responding to a post by "p100" on this discussion. His earlier post was within this discussion group when I responded to it, but it has since been moved to the other discussion. Hence, my post is rather irrelevant to this discussion, so you can remove it.
  • iqbaldhillon2iqbaldhillon2 Member Posts: 116
    Yesterday I was at my local Toyota dealership I asked about the 2007 Camry. I was looking and found a 4 cylinder Camry that is gray.The car is gorgeous.The ride is also very smooth.And it only cost about 19,000 dollars. This is MUCH better than my out of date Corolla.
  • msmith3msmith3 Member Posts: 2
    We just purchased a 2007 Camry LE and have noticed that the speedometer reads about 3 to 5 mph too high. The tires on it are P215/60R16.

Is that the standard tire for this vehicle or is it smaller so it makes the speedometer read too high?

Mike
  • petomlinpetomlin Member Posts: 103
    Wow! I like it MUCH better than the USA version. I especially like the lights, including the fogs, and the lower half of the grille. VERY strong looking. Wish we had that here.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    How do you know this/how is this verified? If it bothers you, definitely have it checked out at the dealer.

~alpha
  • ix1is1ix1is1 Member Posts: 55
    Wow, you're right. Chinese one looks way better.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Hi folks. You really want to put posts about the transmission problem in the discussion where the Toyota rep will see them. Tmsusa is only monitoring that one discussion AFAIK.

I moved three posts to it. Here's the link: 2007 Toyota Camry Transmission Issue.

See ya there!
  • 210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    This is the standard tire on all Camrys, except for the SE.
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    Jeez you don't quit do you? You have no supporting facts for your statements. How many American made and Japan made Camrys have you owned? Personally I've owned three and currently still own two. The first one American made was totalled by a driver who fell asleep at the wheel and rammed the rear end of the car. The other two also one American and one Japanese are still tolling along fine. Is one better built than the other? No. Give it up. Please.
    :sick:
    Mackabee
  • satul96satul96 Member Posts: 16
    Hey
    Thanks. I will check real invoice price on www.fitzmall.com. What is DOC fee. Are you talking about documnet fee. If yes, I think delaer is charging $360 for document fee. He started with 19444 ( invoice) + 500 ( over invoice) = 19994. I did not agree to that price he dropped $250 and I aksed rebate for $400 as new college graduate. finally he offered 19294 as the final price. I still have not agreed yet. Plus I have this feeling of slight jerk when car starts or at the lower speed (during firts gear change from start). I am waiting if someone experienced the same. I test drove LE auto..
  • bigd58bigd58 Member Posts: 39
    Cruised by the dealership again last night, can you believe it = I still have yet to set my eyes on a single SE or XLE. Anyway, happened to look at the sticker on a CE, and the $699 SET profit padder wasn't there! I've been under the assumption that was "standard" on all Camrys sent to the Southeast region. The only option was the $199 floor mats. Question = anyone else found they can purchase in the S.E. w/o paying it?
  • camriouscamrious Member Posts: 7
    Anyone know how much Toyota is discounting 2006s, now that the new 2007s are here?

Looking at 2006 XLE, 4 cyl auto, cloth, sunroof, JBL, steel wheels.

Thanks
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    The Lexus NAVI has a rear camera. Does the Camry NAVI have it also?
    No rear camera but I believe it's the same navi system as the Lexus IS350. My friend has the IS350 and I compared the two, looks and works exactly the same to me.
    You should be able to get the '06 at invoice or below easily. Easiest way is to e-mail 5+ Toyota dealers near you and give them the color and options you want and tell them you want it at "insert invoice price here" and you should get an answer real quick.
  • neno8403neno8403 Member Posts: 49
    I've seen 2 SE's in my area. A blue ribbon one and a magnetic gray one this morning. AMAZING! I will have mine within the next month so i'm not a jealous as I used to be.
    Provided you can find one you should be able to get it at invoice less any rebates or dealer incentives depending on which area of the country you are in.
    Mackabee
    :shades:
  • nolimit1163nolimit1163 Member Posts: 1
    I Love my new SUper White CAMRY LE. Going to put on my Lucre 20's this week. One thing i would like to ask you guys if you know how i can change the message "Welcome to Camry" that pops up when you start your vechicle.? PLease reply .THANK YOU :)
  • tuffytuffy Member Posts: 63
    Has anyone seen any 2007 XLEs in Barcelona Red. I can only fine the SE and LE in Barcelona Red. Is Toyota going to make any red XLE this year?
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    We have 3 on the lot right now but they do go fast. The Red is striking, but so is the Blue Ribbon and the Magnetic Grey :shades:
  • fsowirlesfsowirles Member Posts: 195
    Funny, because I got the exact set of options that I wanted in my Camry.
  • supergoopsupergoop Member Posts: 46
    Yes, Toyota is making red XLE's. Here is a pic:
  • jbolltjbollt Member Posts: 736
    From my experience, color on a specific trim level can be a regional issue also.(like option packages) I wanted (and bought) an 05 Highlander Limited in red last year, and that combo was not available in all areas, but luckily it was in my area..AZ. In other areas, (like so California, as an example, red was only on the base highlanders, per the Toyota website.)
  • gbabalukgbabaluk Member Posts: 70
    I tried to convince my wife to get her 2007 SE V6 in the "red" colour and she said this very sternly, "only BOYS buy red cars"! Hence, she has ordered the Titanium silver.
    Anyway, the red looks pretty good. There are No red ones in Winnipeg, which made her decision very easy, can't see or drive one, don't buy one!
    Have a great day;
  • poorcruzerpoorcruzer Member Posts: 141
    Great picture but doesn't an XLE trim car come with aluminum rims? For 37,000 plus large, it should.
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    They are 8 spoke alloy wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For XLE 4 cyl.

Less than $25,000 US loaded w/o NAV.

$26,000 w/NAV.
  • supergoopsupergoop Member Posts: 46
    The rims shown in the pic above are aluminum/alloy rims. You can tell it's a XLE because the front grille is colour matched with chrome.

Also, in Canada, XLE is V6 only, but in the U.S., you can get XLE with a L4 engine.
    My humble mistake. At first glance they looked like the LE's spoked steel rim covers. Yikes, certain southerners are a mite bit touchy at this forum site. Nice to see there are RABID Toyota fans. Hey, for the good news. At the rate our dollar is rising against the U.S green back we should go and buy all the American Camrys. Or do we want the Japanese Camrys, I forget. ;)
    I'am ducking now. :shades:
  • nifer76nifer76 Member Posts: 9
    Ok I have a question for 07 owners... How do you like the interior? Why did they put the cup holder in the front on the right side of the shifter? Do you hit it or do you not use the cup holder at all? What about the light wood trim? The chrome accents with wood? Isn't this confusing am I driving a spaceship or a classic car? I don't really even like the exterior either but I could live w/ it. We test drove an 06 & 07 last night and I drove the 06 but was so turned off by the interior of the 07 I told my husband I did not want to drive it. I just want to know if I am alone on this? Also this is not the ugliest interior I have seen on a car this year. What's going on? I am just disappointed because it is a vehicle I was seriously interested in purchasing. :cry: May still get an 06 but the 07 is off the list.
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Member Posts: 1,134
    "Why did they put the cup holder in the front on the right side of the shifter?"

Because doing so allows the cup holder to fall naturally to hand for the driver's left hand in the Japanese home market. It would've been nice to revise the console layout for left-drive cars, but Toyota didn't - maybe a running change to look forward to?
  • mookie5mookie5 Member Posts: 22
    I recently (6+wks ago) went to my local Toyota dealer and ordered an 07 SE with MT. They had no problem taking my deposit and stating, "I could order what I wanted". I had heard that you 'cannot' order cars from Toyota, but went ahead anyway. I just got this email from Toyota stating, that in fact 'You cannot order a Toyota the way you want it'.... So basically if market research states that in Houston,TX, no one will buy a Camry SE with a manual tranny, I can't have one. When I bought my Infinity, the dealership lied in the same manner, so I went to another and ordered one up the way I wanted it with out a problem. In this case, Im not likely to buy a Toyota at all. Esp since the local Toyota dealer had no problem what so ever looking me in the face and lieing. I guess my expectations should have been much lower.
    Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
    We appreciate your interest in the Camry, and apologize for the difficulty experienced in trying to find your vehicle of choice.

Our vehicles are equipped with options and in model grades that we have found to be popular in the geographic area in which they are marketed. Because of this, some options or model grades may not be available in your area, while other options may be, but as part of a package. We do extensive market surveys and studies to assist in forecasting product features and equipment that will be desirable to the consumer.

We apologize; we are not equipped to take special orders for specific vehicles. Vehicle allocation is based on the geographical area in which they are marketed. Toyota dealerships and distributors are prepared to take your request and make every attempt to obtain the desired vehicle.

If the dealership is unable to locate the vehicle of choice, they may submit a preference request for your desired vehicle. This preference request does not guarantee you will receive the vehicle with the exact options requested, and may create an extended wait-time.

When trying to build your Camry on Toyota.com, please ensure that you are entering your zip code in the "Build and Price Your Camry" box. This will ensure that you are only shown options and model grades that are available in your part of the country.
  • lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    You may not like the Toyota business model but it's obviously working very well for them and satisfying the vast majority of their customers. Can you find a manual SE in another region and have your dealer swap for it?

The dealership is another story. Lying to your customers is no way to build loyalty or repeat business.
    Is it a 4 cylinder SE you are after? They will be building this model although it looks like initial allocations were not preferencing the manual transmission. As you know this vehicle is not available with the manual transmission in the V6 model. Try and find another dealer that is more knowledgeable with the Toyota production system. If it is a 4 cylinder model you are looking for be patient they will arrive in small quantities but when is to be determined.
    :)
    Mackabee
  • emanbemanb Member Posts: 6
    This is a real bummer...I too wanted an SE 4cyl w/ manual transmission. I did have a sales guy (in northern cali) tell me that he can order it for me but he didn't sound very convincing so I walked.

Oh well I guess I won't getting a Camry.
  • mookie5mookie5 Member Posts: 22
    No doubt they're selling cars. Very few people want a MT these days. No, Im not looking for a V6 with a MT, Ive got that in my G35. I have found 3 SE 4cylinder with MT at Fitzmall.com. All had the stability control, which I don't want, after reading the negative articles in C&D or Motortrend. Point is they can't deliver what they promised.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Yes, I said this already.
    Anyways, they usually expand the number of option combinations as production increases. I don't think they are building the cars at the maximum production rate yet.
    When the cars are first built, the options combinations are extremely limited, but in 6 months or 18 months from now, you may see more possibile option combos in a region as they adjust to what people are actually buying instead of guessing what people might want.
    They figure enough people will take their 2nd or 3rd or 4th choice of options if they can't find what they really wanted while the car is hot and new, so they will sell for a while even if the cars are not optioned the way the buyers would prefer.
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Member Posts: 187
    I have an XLE V6 on order - Red w/Bisque interior- & overall, I don't think it is bad. I would prefer a darker "wood" tone. I think the light tone really looks bad w/the gray interior. The mirror control is in a poor location; but other than that, instrument & control placement is excellent. To sum things up: I drive a lot of miles & expect the interior of this car to be a very pleasant & comfortable environment.
  • gefiltegefilte Member Posts: 21
    i specifically passed on the 07 camry because of the lack of side door moldings.is it because it gives the vehicle a "clean look" or because toyota made a deal the the paint and body shop owners of america. for all of the future business they are going to have???
  • jose1962_jose1962_ Member Posts: 22
    i ordered a v6 se in magnetic blue with the options i wanted . jbl system ,floor mats, eletocromatic rear view mirrorwith compass and garage dooor opener, rearspoiler.got a build date of may 8 with delivery on 20.....yes you can build ur carwith options you want
  • blindmantooblindmantoo Member Posts: 139
    that is now five weeks old. I called Toyota this week and was given the same info as you (verbally). I recontacted the dealer and they are still assurring me that my car has been "preferenced". They contacted "distribution" and reported that it will be built in May - but aren't sure when, or if it will be built in Japan or Kentucky. I ordered early and got a pretty good deal so we will wait it out and see what happens.
    Bodyside moldings are near useless, but the dealer sells add-on moldings for people who want to believe they will magically protect their car from all dings when you park close to ther vehicles.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    The are an option for those that want them. It also allows those that don't like them to have it their way too. both sides are accomodated. That sounds pretty fair.
    not as useless as you might think. especially when i find 07 camrys and assorted scions parked in the far corners or public parking lots so that their owners can do their business in peace. oh! the thought that some little 9 year old is going to kick open the rear door on moms suv, :cry: woops! that'll be $275 for body work and paint sir. no thanks
    The reason why they can be useless is that you can still get dings anyway. Only a small stip of metal is protected. Other vehicles can and will still ding all the doors above and below the molding.
    Either park away from othe cars or get a Saturn with plastic doors.
    the thought of parking "away from other cars" is totally crazy. sorry honey , i cant park in that space because its too close to those other cars and my 07 camry has no door moldings. lets just drive around for another half hour until i find a space where i can feel totally at ease while we shop at wal mart... pleeeeze ;)
  • ralphs007ralphs007 Member Posts: 12
    Hi
    I would have bought the XLE, if it had a different wood trim. I'm not saying its ugly, but its not my taste. I would have bought one in a heart beat, if it had a walnut or cherry trim . After test driving an XLE ,I stopped into the Honda Dealer, down the street to take a look at a Honda Accord EX. I like the interior more than the 20007 Camry! The 4 cylinder accord, had a lot more pep than the 4 cylinder camry.I was sure that I was going to but a camry until tonight. I ended up buying the Honda Accord EX tonight for invoice.All I can think of was the smug salesman telling me that toyota doesn't have to offer incentives,since the camry sells itself.
    Don't get me wrong I think the 2007 is a great looking car,but I'm going to spend alot of time inside of my car , so the looks are important to me. I also got 3.9 APR financing on the honda.I know its kinda of shallow not buying a car because of what the interior looks like, but I just didn't like the looks of the honey mustard wood interior.
    Do yourself a favor and check out the Accord .I think it helps not falling for just one car. There are plenty of fine cars in the auto market.
    One more thing, honda didn't play any games with extra fees,like ad fees, dealer prep etc.
    HTH
    Ralph
    You are missing the point that you will still get dings even with the moldings.
    Have you never seen a car with moldings and dings inches above the moldings?