Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• Options
    njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    Mine sounds fine - that is it's quiet.
  • Options
    ray_h1ray_h1 Member Posts: 1,134
    Tell ya' what... You give me your new Camry with its loud brake pedal and $2,000.00, an' I'll let you drive home in blissful brake pedal silence in my '03 Hyundai Sonata. ;)
  • Options
    nifer76nifer76 Member Posts: 9
    Hi,
    Thanks. Don't know why I didn't think of that. :blush: I also hope your right and they will address this next time.
  • Options
    caciviccacivic Member Posts: 22
    Does anybody know the speaker sizes on tne Camry LE. Have you seen the magnets on the rear decks? Very tiny!
  • Options
    poorcruzerpoorcruzer Member Posts: 141
    Ahhhh, those were the days. My first car a 1972 Toyota Corona MarkII, my second car a Datsun 510 2DR with a 2.0L aluminum truck engine 5spd and that beautiful independent rear drivetrain. A cheap and simple BMW 2002ti. The place were I grew up was all curves, that car would out pace any of my friends big powered American iron. It was wonderful to see their expressions once they caught up. The only thing I remembered about the Toyota was that it took an impact with a mountain to slow it down. I crabbed home with one side of the rear axle 4 inches ahead of the other, and made it 10 miles. Also when it ran out of gas, it was done. No amount of sloshing or weaving would get the car started again.

And so began my love for Japanese cars. Checked out my local Toyo dealer today. Lots of 4cyl SE and LE's, 1 XLE V6 but no LE V6's which I am interested in with out the electronic nannies. Also 1 just 1 FJ Cruizer, which now my wife is interested in. The dealer had 4 trucks two days ago. Toyota is on a roll. I wonder when the Solara will be redesigned also the convertable? :)
  • Options
    shoelessshoeless Member Posts: 1
    does anyone know of a remote starter that will work on a 2007 Camry XLE with push button ignition, as the ignition using a key on the XLE is unavailable in Canada?
  • Options
    ix1is1ix1is1 Member Posts: 55
    Yes, it does, Toyota has that option for MSRP of $595. The option is V4.
  • Options
    pickles077pickles077 Member Posts: 30
    A Toyota technician checked another 2007 Camry and it was just as noisy. The problem is the housing on the brake light switch is plastic and it hits a plastic plate. Both
    are mounted in steel. There is nothing to absorb the noise.

The brake pedal is quiet only if you let off the brake slowly. P
  • Options
    petomlinpetomlin Member Posts: 103
    4wheelman

Thanks for the thoughts. I can't bring myself to drive the current Accord. It's styling is just too unattractive to me. I'm going to re-drive the Camrys when the dealer gets different stock. I also want to distance my potential purchase from the bad tranny issue, if I can. I like the Camry too much to give up on it based on just one drive.
    I will drive a new TL though. I'm interested to see how these 2 cars compare. :)
  • Options
    jp10jp10 Member Posts: 2
    We've moved on to other cars because of the transmission defect with the 07 Camry. I think the problem is more widespread than the numbers Toyota is quoting based on the number of peopel online who have the problem.

It also sounds like Toyota has no idea which ones have the problem and which ones don't. Don't want to get into a position of buying a brand new car only to have to have the car torn apart to have the transmission replaced (plus wait 4-6 weeks like some people have to).
  • Options
    fsowirlesfsowirles Member Posts: 195
    I understand your position, but you are missing out on an excellent car. I am one of the 99.5% of Camry owners without the tranny problem and enjoying my SE V6 more and more each day.

Good luck on your car search!
  • Options
    gefiltegefilte Member Posts: 21
    sometimes, its the little things that sway your buying decision. for instance,2007 camry se vs. 2006 accord lx se, call me crazy but i hate (too strong?) the new 'T' type steering wheel. i spend alot of time driving and usually find my hand at 6 o'clock if for nothing else,comfort. i cannot do so with the camry.i guess i'm a 3-4, 8-9 steering wheel kind of guy. anyone else feel this way? :confuse:
  • Options
    neno8403neno8403 Member Posts: 49
    I prefer the 12 o'clock position which means that any steering wheel is compatabile with me. I find the 6 o'clock position sustainable only for a short amount of time.
  • Options
    I too am a 12 o'clock sort of guy. The "T" is a sport style 3 spoke.
  • Options
    gefiltegefilte Member Posts: 21
    what braintrust figured this one out?doesn't driving comfort and position matter for anything any more?"hey, i really hate your 2007 camry for a number of reasons, but wow , what a steering wheel" it's the sportiest around. ;)
  • Options
    luvmbootyluvmbooty Member Posts: 271
    With gas prices on the rise and SUVs not being so economical because of it, I think the average American family will need a good midsize hathback. I believe the Camry would make the perfect hatchback under 25000. Unfortunately, almost all hatches under 25000 are compacts! The Chevy Malibu Maxx is the ONLY midsize hatchback under 25000! I read somewhere they will be discontinued after 2007! The Camry has nice power and decent fuel economy at a affordable price! If only it had the versitility of a hatchback! Anyone agree?
  • Options
    alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    Check out the Mazda 6. A fine car, available in a hatchback, but on the tight end of midsize.

FWIW, from 83-86, the Camry offered a HB version, but never again since then.

~alpha
  • Options
    Not large, but you could pick up a nicely equipped CPO Audi A3 for under $25k.
  • Options
    presodentpresodent Member Posts: 3
    fsowirles,

i'm torn between the Camry SE V6 and the the Audi A3 but the only price I was able to find for a bare bones a3 is around $27k. If you knew of a place that had an A3 for under $25k, please let me know.
  • Options
    msisengmsiseng Member Posts: 369
    Can you say "rebate?" Look for great prices and zero percent financing coming to your local dealer.
  • Options
    kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    The Prius fills that slot at $22800... and a real world 48 mpg.
  • Options
    mfletou1mfletou1 Member Posts: 508
    My Maxx has had some quality issues, but even with the 7 year/72k mile warranty I bought for it, it was a good deal. I will say one thing--I can't think of a more versatile and useful vehicle. You wouldn't believe the stuff we've fit in it. The rear seats fold every which way--back and forth, flat, etc, and you can fit a TON back there or give your rear pax limo-like room if they want it.

I've soured on GM quite a bit, but if you want a hatchback, the Maxx is worth a look. For '07, its supposed to get upgraded steering/handling stuff, too, and you may get a good deal. I paid under $18k for a nicely equipped one, including the warranty I bought from GM.
  • Options
    poorcruzerpoorcruzer Member Posts: 141
    I love my tercel because of the hatch. With the Camry I would love to see an AWD wagon to compete against the Subie. Wagons can be made to look way cool and rad, think Magnum, Mercedes and Bimmer wagons.
  • Options
    Ho-hum!!!!
  • Options
    Why not just get the Subaru wagon? It's a great vehicle. My dad drives an 05 Legacy 2.5i Sedan auto, and my mom... an 02 Camry LE 4A with the typical options plus alloys. What the Subaru gives up in ride, it makes up in handling, and MPG is very strong given AWD. Its noticeably more compact inside, though.

~alpha
  • Options
    petlpetl Member Posts: 610
    I agree. Toyota has some beautiful AWD wagons available only in Japan. You can check them out in their Japan web site. I think they sell about 70 different vehicles (cars and trucks).
  • Options
    anniemfuseanniemfuse Member Posts: 66
    Thanks for posting. Reading something like this is disconcerting as I wait to buy a TCH. Particularly the unsatisfied customers described in the article.

My decision to get a TCH now is based on part head, part heart. The practical head dialogue goes;
    - you really shouldn't buy in the first model year
    -yeah, but it's Toyota, they have a good track history with other first year releases. And reading the poster TMSUSA in the 2007 Camry Transmission forum shows Toyota will help out customers with problems. And I need a new car since the AC in my 1993 Camry needs recharging before summer, and I don't want to go through another winter in my car.
    - so buy a newER Camry instead of the TCH
    - yeah, but then I'll use more gas than if I had the TCH
    - yeah, but you'll get such a good deal on an older Camry that it would pay for the extra gas costs for years

Then the heart dialogue or rather monologue kicks in and says:
    -yeah but I WANT a NEW car and I WANT to drive hybrid and for the first time in my life I want to own a car that people will turn and look at because it's a new model generation [and a whole lot of other ego-oriented-stuff that's too embarrassing to write]. And I've been so good waiting 14 years for this.

Now I'm boring even myself. I wish the damn TCH would get here.
  • Options
    blindmantooblindmantoo Member Posts: 139
    :confuse: Survey on 2007 V6 Transmission

I've had my V6 SE on order since mid-March - still no production date. (Suddenly, this is good news!)

We should do a survey here of owners of 2007 Camry V6's:

If you own a new 2007 V6 Camry, are you happy with the performance of the transmission?

I will also post on the Transmission board.
  • Options
    johngf1johngf1 Member Posts: 37
    It must be your location or your dealer since I "ordered" my Camry LE from Long Island and was told that options were put on at the port. I ordered a Camry LE with body side molding, spoiler, alloy wheels and the Toyota security/alarm system. The car arrived in less than 3 weeks but the spoiler was missing and the dealer said it would take 4-6 weeks which was OK with me. It was my best new car buying experience!
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Actually, it's going to be confusing to have some people responding here, some people responding in the other discussion and some people responding in both places. So I moved the two responses posted here to the other discussion and am asking anyone who wants to respond to post at this link: blindmantoo, "2007 Toyota Camry Transmission Issue" #168, 2 May 2006 6:20 am

Thanks!
  • Options
    cgmax2kcgmax2k Member Posts: 27
    Just picked up my 2007 SE 4 cyl. with a manual trans!!
    Got it in Barcelona Red, looks sweet! :shades: I had ordered it and was told week of May 11 so when the salesman called yesterday to say it was ready, I almost fell off my chair! It certainly gives a great ride especially for a car with sport suspension. The manual tranny is so easy to drive. The problem is that Toyota wasn't making any SE in manual for the Northeast anytime soon. One dealer showed me the marketing report? showing the number of cars in production for the Northeast and the manual (model 2545) wasn't even listed. There are some CE's with manuals so you can test drive those to get a feel but the sport suspension really works well. If you live in Pennsylvania or Maryland or somewhere in that region, there are dealers who do have them. For me it was a 300 mile+ ride so I decided to order it.

The only options I got were the Sunroof, spoiler and floor mats. Of course I was looking at the 440 Watt JBL system and decided not to spend the extra money but now I am looking to see if I can add to the current system. Does anyone know if there is a Toyota AMP and/or subwoofer that can be added to the base stereo? The radio has very good sound, especially for the highs but needs some help with the low notes, bass is weak at best.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    dabeasdabeas Member Posts: 8
    I live in Rhode Island and have been told by every dealer in my area that they cannot order me a 2007 Camry SE with the 2.4L / 4 cyl engine and manual transmission. They say that the CE is the only model they can get with a manual transmission. The SE manual can be seen on Toyota's website and is listed in the Camry brochure. In fact this was the vehicle that Car & Driver tested a few months back. Has anyone else run into this problem? I'm one of those people who feels that a "sport edition" vehicle should have clutch pedal. I'm also hoping that the car can be ordered without vehicle stability control.
  • Options
    typesixtypesix Member Posts: 321
    GM should have 4 cyl option with the Maxx like the sedan, same for Mazda 6 wagon.
  • Options
    gtgtcobragtgtcobra Member Posts: 268
    Was yours built in Japan or in the low quality Kentucky facility? :sick: :lemon:
  • Options
    moeharrimoeharri Member Posts: 108
    Your bashing of the Kentucky facility is getting pretty old and it's quite rude to insinuate that the Japanese (people) can build a better car for the exact same company and specs.
  • Options
    But I am NOT bashing the Kentucky facility. Please don't tell me that I'm rude because I'm not. I'm just telling you the way it is. You and some others in here are having a very hard time acknowledging that Toyotas that are built in the U.S.A. have some quality issues. :sick: :lemon:
  • Options
    And you are WRONG when you say that the Kentucky Toyota plant can build a "better" car. They can build a car. Yes, that they can do. But a better one than if the same exact car were to be built in Japan? No way.
    Toyota of U.S.A. needs to use better quality materials and more care in their U.S. built cars. When they do this, I will believe it. End of story.
  • Options
    Ignore the child... he's like a broken record.
  • Options
    link title

Here are a listing of 12 of them nationwide on cars.com

Now back to your regularly scheduled Camry discussion.

BTW: My Kentucky built SE V6 is of expected Toyota quality and I am experiencing 0 problems.
  • Options
    smith1smith1 Member Posts: 283
    http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060324/FREE/60320017&SearchID=7- - 3243357500981

And the Toyota vehicles with the MOST quality issues are:

Scions -- 100% assembled in JAPAN.
  • Options
    moeharrimoeharri Member Posts: 108
    I never said the Kentucky plant can build a better car, go back and read what I said.
  • Options
    That's only on the measure of JDP IQS. That study includes secondary quality items.

~alpha
  • Options
    bobgwtwbobgwtw Member Posts: 187
    Maybe a little reason & logic should prevail in this arguement.

First, if you look at the content lable, both Japanese & American cars have essentially the same content from the same country

Second, in both countries an awful lot of the assembly is done by industrial Robots. I suspect the robots speak Japanese & English equally well.

Third. Why would Toyota want to build one car that is inferior to the other?

Ain't nobody perfect; but the fact is that Toyota, by any standard, builds a much better than average car. If you don't believe this just look at 8 year problem comparison between Honda, Toyota, the big three & VW in the Consumers Report Annual Auto Issue.

Lets move on to discussions that are helpful & informative to the members.
  • Options
    tucker10tucker10 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have photos of the interior of the SE 5 spd.?I'm curious what the steering wheel and shifter area looks like, as well as the leather sport seating.
    thanks
  • Options
    francfranc Member Posts: 20
    Has anyone else had transmission hesitation and gear hunting problems on their new 2007 camry 4 cyl. 5 speed auto transmission?
    If so, does it get better after 500 miles? It drives like it is sluggish, no get up and go. What can be done to remedy this problem, or is it not a problem? My 4 speed 4 cyl Camry doesn't act this way. HELP
  • Options
    Mine (Japanese) is fine!!

1,400 miles.
  • Options
    The car was built in Kentucky. The fit and finish are great and I dont see anything to complain about
  • Options
    oh by the way, the dealer who told me that they did not make the 2007 Camry SE with a manual Tranny, is alledgedly the largest Toyota dealer in the northeast. The dealer is in northern Jersey so it would be interesting to see how many others claim to be the largest volume dealer in their market
  • Options
    Dabeas,

Yes, you can order it. If toyota is advertising the models and they are in their brochure, you can get it. I was also told that they dont make the SE with a manual, which is funny since I have one sitting in my driveway!! Try a couple of other dealers and if you get the same answer tell them you have a friend who just got one after waiting 5 wks for it. And yes, you can order it without VSC. The only options on my car are the floor mats, rear spoiler and sunroof. Sticker was $22709 and I got it for $20800 plus tax, no BS advertising fee, prep fee, etc. My wife works in advertising and a co-worker of hers knows the GM at the dealership :P .The Dealer was very nice and not interested in selling all the add-ons. Like I said, try other dealers. This guy is either trying to sell you a 2006 leftover or trying to sell you something he already has in his lot or one the way, especially if it was month end. They tried the same crap on me and I just walked out. Good luck!
  • Options
    It is definitely a regional situation. Having lived in North Jersey and driving into NYC every day an AT is indispensable. This is why in the NY/NJ region I'd assume that most Camry's are preordered as AT's. If you want a MT then it certainly is available but the store does have to jump through hoops at the regional level to get this one order through the system.

OK it may not be the only order but if there are 150 stores and each one sells about 50 camry's a month I'd estimate that maybe 5 ..FIVE.. in total are MT's. That's 5 out of 750 units a month. You can see why it's difficult to find one.