Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

chevy 1500 supercrew?

jones34jones34 Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
My dealer told me the other day that GM was coming
out with a half ton supercrew short short box in
model year 2001. Anybody hear anything about this?
I told him they had better hurry because
supercrews are selling like hot cakes around here.

Comments

• mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    ...But I haven't heard when the GM would be out.

I like the Crew Idea....Kinda..but the larger GM Ext.cab is fine for now....It's that bed that concerns me....at least with the tailgate down on a SB....it's still over 8 feet..

I don't know if it would be too small of payload area?

- Tim
  • z71josez71jose Member Posts: 22
    LAST YEAR!!!, around March-April 1999, I was
    involved in a focus-group and got to the
    Avalanche AND a 1/2-ton Silverado-style crew
    cab. I don't remember the size of the bed, but
    the standard engine was going to be a 6.0L
    It looked awesome!!!, but unfortunately the only
    media news I've heard is about the Avalanche.
    But then again, they might surprise us, just like
    they did with the C-Series Sierra.
  • cdeancdean Member Posts: 1,110
    I'm pretty sure the Avalanche is the Chevy's answer to the Ford Supercrew. For now. available in the Fall. there are pictures at PUTC.
    is down right ugly with that darn awefull crap on the sides...

Hope it looks better in production?

- Tim
    i think they'll lose a lot of that plastic crap in production. Silverado was the same way. Show model had more damn bells and whistles hanging off the sides, then production models looked normal.
    the Show Silverado in that Orange Metallic....that was how flares and molding should look.....the Avalanche is well.....uh..how it shouldn't look!

- Tim
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    That orange is gonna be a new color suposedly for the 2001 model yr.

Ryan
    dunno if it's the same orange as what I am talking about or not?

All I need now is a good 2-tone color?....oh well...i got 1 year to look around and decide..

-Tim
    You need another truck like you need a hole in the head (hahaha u like all my phrases??? like the skunk one? )

Go for it. I am working on my next one probably either a 1500 black/grey like i have now or a 3500 dually i really want a dually but its kinda unnessesary. or possibly a tahoe (for when i start a family probably next time i will be car buying)

Ryan
    ..it's the smart thing to do. I paid $30012 with GMO for this one....paid nothing down...5 year loan. $598.77 Payment..(ouch)....

I will sell it for about $26,000 or more?...walk away with $8-10K....put down on a 2002...have about a $450 payment...same truck....2 years later...do same thing...only walk away with more$$...then have maye $350-$300 a month....same truck...

Others who pay $500 or more...5 years later..have the same truck..I will be on the 3rd one...for less money..

make sense?

you have to pick the right truck....like a nice Z71 or a 2500....or a car like the Impala SS.

A friend does this every 2-3 years with his Z71....it costs him about 10K every 3 trucks.

Only way to go..

- Tim
    so you're saying 6-9 years of truck ownership cost him about 10K, or a little less than 1K per year?
    No lets do the math here:

ok he gets a new truck every 3 yrs
    for 3 trucks
    Spends $10000 on each.

That comes out to be $30000 in 9 yrs

Which is $3333.33 a yr.

Makes sense buys a truck full price keeps it a few yrs then sells it for a minimal loss buy another with that money.

Wow i thought i was off from school for the summer im doing more math now than i did all last semester.

Ryan
    gets a new one about 2-3 years.....every 3 trucks..overall loss is about 10K...aka cost..

$3500 per loss per truck.

Do as you want....I'll let ya know how it works for me.

- Tim
    Truck will cost about $260 a month when I sell it....make sense?...after I take payments...minus money I walk away with...

Don't worry...

- Tim
    do this also....or buy slightly used..and sell soon after..

You can get your moolah out..while it still has real value...VS paying the full loan interest...and running it into the ground and selling for squat!
    Tim you can save all your nickels and dimes for a few yrs and pay cash for one then keep it as long as you want. Im keeping this one even when i get a new one.

Ryan
  • RoclesRocles Member Posts: 982
    No you won't. That's what all young guys say but trust me--you'll sell her unless it's for buisness. Did I ever mention my 78 F-250?
    You must not know me then. I like to save things that mean alot to me and stuff i will keep it mark my word.

Ryan
  • volkejvolkej Member Posts: 108
    Tim – I’m trying to clarify your loan calculations. You financed $30012 for 60 months at $598 a month. So that makes your interest rate about 7% +/-. Using a simple amortization schedule you would pay $36003 if you kept the truck for 60 months. If you get rid of the truck after 2 years your interest would be $2977 and your principal would be reduced by $7887. That means you would still owe about 28 large for your truck at the end of 2 years.
    What am I missing? How are you going to walk away with 8 to 10k?
  • bowhuntwibowhuntwi Member Posts: 262
    That old truck in the yard will be the first thing gone........He will be coming down the street from work, kid down the block will be driving it away.......wife will be with big smile on her face stuffing 150 bucks in her back pocket walking for the house......
    I used 2 programs....they both say about $19,000 Balance after 2 years....2 year old ones sell for $26-$28K here...

At absolute worst economy and all.....I can break even...BUT..I will walk away with average of 8K...depending on sale price...
    Pay 24x$598 - $14352
    Sell $26K..owe - $19,200 - walk - $6800..now that is a low sell price...maybe it will be $28K sell?...2500's hold the value here...so I don't know how it works there.

Take payments $14352 Minus $6800 - $7550 real pay - aka $314 a month for a 2500 LT.

Better than any lease deal you ever seen..

Like i said...don't try it if you don't want to...pay 5 years..and drive it 8-10...for the same money or less...i will drive 5 new ones in the same time...

Ryan,
    Why keep it forever?....and get another one?...not very smart money investing...

- Tim
    the keep it and have no payments for a while too theory. You could pay it off in 4-5 years...keep it another 4-5 or longer....and invest that money you would have paid.

Of course you have to be able to afford 10 years of payments. Several people swap back and forth on new cars between the wife and hubby....and have one payment.
    I hate paying $1000 a month to drive for 2 cars...but what the hey...we make good money..have no kids...already invest healthy...so why not drive new cars every 2 years?....I don't wanna die with it!

I did this right out of high school with a few trucks...and it worked very well....then I knew i was moving out...getting hitched...etc etc etc...so I kept my 88 for 11 years....8 years of no payments was nice....and I got lucky with minimal repairs...but I drive 22-25K a year now...and having 220,000 miles after 10 years and 153K after 10 (last truck)...will be a huge difference in repairs.
    Yes trucks go even longer....but for the speed I drive...and the extended highway trips I take..(4-5 a year)....i want something with more security...aka newer truck

Even if you walked away with 2-3K...it's still better than any lease. same truck I have now would have been $550 to lease...no money down..with the extra miles I need. I pay not even $50 more a month...and look at the benefit i will gain.
    So many take leases cuz they are zero down....many banks offer zilch down also. I could put a healthy chunk down...but my money makes better interest elsewhere...so why touch it....pay 7.25...or lose 25-40%.....I'll take pay 7.25 thank you.

The pay it off theory may work for you...so be it...but I was amazed....and fishy feeling...when I found out how much smarter you money can work for you.

Good Luck

- Tim
    about back to that Supercrew catagory??
    Ryan,

LOL! Alright--the truck's yours!
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    reference post #22...

Ryan,
    Why keep it forever?....and get another one?...not
    very smart money investing...

are we referring to his truck or his hypothetical wife that sells his truck for $150?
    If I had $30K to buy a truck....I would invest in some good mutual Funds or stocks....and make the $600 payment a month from the interest from that.

Take Ford stock last year...up 60%....That's $1500 the first month in interest...pay the $600 from that...now you have $30,900 to get interest on....by the time it's paid....you have a free truck...and thousands more than 30K in the bank.

Or....invest in some good mutual funds....it's very easy to get 20% minimum back per year on your money....Even if the interest was #$400-500 per month...the truck costs you $100-200 per month.

Spend some time pushing a pencil....you will be amazed what your moolah can do for you.

- Tim

......Maybe she will get $200 for it??
    I have money still in the bank earning interest i havent completely paid off the truck just yet. Its not as easy as you make it out to be though. $1500 in interest is kinda non realistic you need more than 30K in the bank for that.

$200 thats less then the trailering pkg and locking rear cost gotta at least get $500. Brand new truck not even 1500mls yet and you guys are talking about my wife (im still single) sellingm y truck. This is hilarious.

Ryan

Ryan
    I'm talking investing...

You could have had your truck for just about free...if you had kept that bundle.
    I have been investing since I was in high school...I know what I am talking about..

Not trying to knock anyone here...just trying to help!

- Tim
    Ok lets say i did invest into stocks and stuff then hmmm the market crashes where am i left then? No money no truck. I think did the right thing saved up for 2 yrs the bought my truck. At least i can show i have a truck for it.

Ryan
    paying up front is better than payments....there are safe ways to invest.

The hell with yawl..

last time I try to help ya's!

hehehe

- Tim
    the old fashion way....FDIC paying 3% on passbook and 5% on money market...

To create an investment portfolio...for some...requires too much of a risk...and additional taxable income. Thank goodness someone still saves at a bank....

For me, banks are a guaranteed way to lose money..

Anyway, what was the topic???
  • jones34jones34 Member Posts: 9
    Sure glad I asked a question about supercrews, you guys are sure educating me about everything but that.
    ...we stray...what can we say!?

- Tim
  • ford250ford250 Member Posts: 25
    Chevy can't be builing a good supercrew truck. They don't even no how to make real trucks.
    Silverado version Crew Cab SB...instead of the God awefull Avalanche...

Hopefully some of the "disco" gets lost in the Avalanche when it hits production...

I don't think I could go any shorter on the bed though??

Would have to see the cage thingee...

- Tim
    ford250,

Obviously you are the same as Dodge50 and should get rid of the name since you are giving legitimate Ford fans a bad rap.
    than Chevy... ;)
    Hmmmm
    You can not give Chevy a bad rap. Since they already have one.
    huh?
    Is that all you can say is huh. It is not like you to be speechless. How old are you about 10.
    Go play with your trucks you know about them then you do about any real trucks. Do you drive a Tundra because you act very much like a Tundra owner. Always making fun of stuff that is well proven you just to your DOHC Tundra V-8 i will stay with the 318 OHV. Because I know that the 318 will hold together well.
    I think ford250 is referring to my comment in #38 when he responded in post #40. I must say I prefer that he keep the ford250 cause if he changed to chevy350, I might just be forced to burn my truck... ;)
    Just quit responding to his gibberish. Nobody takes him seriously, but making waves is just want kids want, so ignore him and he'll go away. eventually.
    Huh? (deja vu?)
  • dodgeram7dodgeram7 Member Posts: 55
    You act like you are 10 years old. If he were to change his name to Chevy350 you would burn your truck. Well i do not blame you for filling bad you have a Chevy truck. That would be the best thing to do burn it.
    Ok if ROC is 10 then your about 8 and a half

Ryan
    Whos 9?

We all know Tims old because he is a very wise man (hahaha)
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    After 30 or more days of inactivity....

this topic is being "frozen." It will be archived or deleted in the next 10 days or so.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.