Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

When will Euro premium compact cars come to the US?

aznstuartaznstuart Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Audi
So exactly when are European cars such as the Audi A2, A3 BMW 1,2 Series MB A, B Class actually goin to make their official debute in the US? I've read mixed answers. And I also heard the 1-Series won't even make it here? Could someone please give me an answer?

Comments

• rctennis3811rctennis3811 Member Posts: 1,031
    The Mercedes-Benz A-Class and Audi A3 should be here next year. I highly doubt that anything smaller will come as there is just not a big market for them.
  • raychuang00raychuang00 Member Posts: 541
    I do know that Mercedes-Benz North America (MBNA) has said the B-class will definitely make it to the USA, most likely with a small V-6 engine. A clean-running turbodiesel for the B-class may not be out of the question, especially with the entire USA beginning the switch to low-sulfur diesel fuel next year.

I have this feeling that M-B will unveil the B-class at the Detroit International Auto Show in January 2005.
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Member Posts: 1,031
    At the 2005 NAIAS, MB is planning on introducing the next-generation M-/G-Class SUVs and the crossover R-Class. I don't think the B-Class will be there...
  • carlisimocarlisimo Member Posts: 1,280
    Alfa Romeo 147gta anytime soon? Please?

As far as I know, the A3 is coming for sure, the B-class will probably come while the A-class won't for sure, and the 1-series won't, but the 2-series may.

Any news on non-German (well, non-Euro) premium compacts? I guess the RSX is too different from those we're discussing to count, but what about Infinity or Lexus? If the A3 does really well, we'll see something from them.
  • creakid1creakid1 Member Posts: 2,032
    coming to America looks like it's competing w/ the current Lexus IS300 5-door.

I wonder how will the next IS be like?
  • 307web307web Member Posts: 1,033
    The low sulfur diesel fuel is not expected to be available in the US until late 2006, however the B class will be in the US before the end of next year.
    There is now a dedicated Mercedes B Class message forum in the Town Hall.
This discussion has been closed.