Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    A middle-man? Auto Brokers have to make money too.....they don't work for free either....just a thought.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    If you feel you can get the absolute bottom line deal on a car and are willing to grind out the negotiating process, then you can beat the broker price. Some folks can't deal with the buying process and don't mind paying for someone else to locate and price the car they want. Why cut up your own chicken whe for an extra charge the butcher will do it for you. Don't want to cook -- KFC on the corner. Paying someone to shop for your car doesn't seem all that out of line with everything else we pay others to do that we can do ourselves. Cost me $12 for a car wash today and the weather was pretty nice. Go figure. ;)
  • dan41dan41 Member Posts: 182
    A valid point about using an auto broker and supported by good analogies, too.

Although I am very comfortable going through the negotiations of purchasing a new car, there are many people who, for a variety of reasons, dread purchasing a new car and, often times, they don't get a competitive deal. For that group, I believe using an auto broker makes sense.
  • bballprobballpro Member Posts: 3
    This broker (Okuma Enterprises) did not charge me a fee. They get paid by the dealer. I prefer using a broker instead of spending my time negotiating with a dealer.
    (Note: I am not a broker and have no financial interest with this broker, other than I am very grateful for their great price and excellent service.)

My 2010 M35 with Tech + accessories was $40,500 before taxes/title/license. This is a GREAT price for here in Northern California, where 2 local dealers were offering me $46,000+.

bballpro
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    edited February 2010
    I agree with jayrider's perspective of using a broker. Like most things in life, you can either do it yourself or pay someone else to do it for you. However, in your case, I think there is a clear conflict of interest for Okuma Enterprise to act as your agent while getting paid by the dealer. Essentially, Okuma is receiving a cut/commission for bring your business to the dealer. Its motivation or consideration may be, for the most part, to maximize its commission rather than minimize your saving. Obviously, Okuma cannot bring you a lousy deal as it would ruin its reputation for future business. However, its "deal" will be mediocre at best.

I hate to break it to you, but if you check the posts of the last 2 weeks, you will see $40,500 for a $50,120 M35 is NOT a great deal. Even SewellGSM said that you should get at least $10k off MSRP. If fact, several people have posted that they paid well under $40k. But, hey, you were spared all the work, trouble, and stress associated with negotiation. As long as YOU are satisfied with the price you paid and enjoy the new car, that is what counts.
    Most (did not say all) auto brokers are not on the customers side. They are true middle men trying to get both sides to agree as quickly as possible so they can get paid and move on to the next deal. Some of our best deals are when a "broker" is involved, we give them our normal price, they tell their client it is a great deal, the client believes them, and the deal is done - everyone happy. If the broker charges $500 and we have to pay them, we just add $500 to our price. So, the customer could have saved $500 by calling themselves. But as others said, some people are too busy or nervous.

PS M's are about done - there are only about 12 left in Dallas (all 3 dealers combined).
    The broker may have cost money when dealing with you sewell because you are upfront and not deceptive. There are brokers who don't pay fees from dealers -- just charge the client. Bottom line is that a dealer who shoots straight from the get go usually can't be beat. If you have a national directory of thse guys, please send me one. I'll pay the postage. :)
    edited March 2010
    Some of our best deals are when a "broker" is involved...

LOL. Not just the customer, but no stress for dealership, either. ;) However, the buyer is the one picking up the tab.

Bottomline is, one has to do at least some homework even if he/she is going to use a broker. Otherwise, you may as well just buy from CarsDirect.com or Costco and be done with it. It is going to be hard to beat their prices with a middlemen involve.
  • slyfox16slyfox16 Member Posts: 37
    Does anyone know how I can find a 2010 M35x Blue slate with graphic interior with tech and nav package in the New York tri-state area? We had a deal, but then there was a "computer error" and the car showed up in the wrong color. Since the incentives are probably changing, need to find one immediately. Greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.
  • e325rkhe325rkh Member Posts: 71
    Hello, CAR_MAN. Do you have the current IFS lease rates? I am looking to lease either:

2010 M35x with Tech
    2011 M37x with Tech

36 or 39 months
    12K or 15K per year

I am coming off my lease on a 2007 G35x and looking to replace now. This forum has been most helpful in ensuring that I get the best rates from the dealer.

Thank you very much.
    No changes for 2010...

10 M35: Special Rates + $2000 OR $7000 - OR $2500 w/ lease
    10 M45: Special Rates + $2000 OR $8000 - OR $2000 w/ lease

2011 M37 & M56: 2.9% up to 66 months or 3.9% for 72 (no dealer cash)

Hope this helps. :)
    Do you know what the money factors/ residuals are for these terms:

2010 M35x with Tech
    2011 M37x with Tech

36 or 39 months
    12K or 15K per year

Thank you very much.
    Are the 2011 M's in the showroom already? :surprise:
  • phampauphampau Member Posts: 12
    Thanks to all the posts on this forum, i feel like i got a great deal!
    Mrsp was 51,770. M35s with sport package,tech, and carpeted trunk mat.
    Price was 39,000 plus 698 doc fee, 250 title fee(purchased out of state), so basically about 40,000 plus tax for the vehicle. I know the doc fee was super high, but with the price of the vehicle, i felt it was still a good deal. Good luck to all looking for whats still available. Paul
    Not yet...
  • 4hifiguy4hifiguy Member Posts: 3
    Does the $7000 Dealer Incentive for '10 M35 include the $2000 Customer Rebate? If not, I intend to apply this $2000 as part of the down payment. Many thanks.
    Car Man do you have the current rates for 2010 M35x? I have been getting quotes however I am unsure of the best MF and residual. 12k miles/ year for 24/36/39 month terms.

This would be greatly appreciated. My most recent quote was:

2010 M35x with advanced tech and spoiler
    $3,200 total due at signing $462 per month
    39 months / 12k used VPP, $2K loyalty, $2,500 dealer

is this a good deal?
    Help! Here are my current dealer’s final terms:

2010 M35x – Blue Slate / Wheat Interior
    Tech
    Spoiler
    Splash guards
    Trunk mat
    $44,228.19 (VPP, $2,500 dealer cash, $2,000 lease loyalty)

Lease 39 months / 12K miles per year
    $540.54/month
    Only 1st month’s payment due at signing ($540.54)
    Fees and NYS taxes rolled into payment
    Residual – 48%
    Money Factor – 0.00036

Is this a good deal?

Thanks for all of your help.
  • sdjdguysdjdguy Member Posts: 10
    Sorry to tell you, but that is actually not a very good deal. You should be getting at the very least $10,000 off MSRP. I just bought a 2010 M35 rear-wheel drive with trunk mat last week for roughly $38,800 including all dealer fees. Your dealer is quoting you approximately $4,500 more for a car with an MSRP that is only about $2,500 more than mine -- and I have seen other posters talk about getting a slightly better deal than I got. I can't speak to your lease, but the purchase price you were quoted is not that great and I suggest you either get them down a lot more on the price (at least another $2,000 or so), or look elsewhere.
    Thank you. I am currently at $540 per month with only 1st month's payment due at signing. The price is down to $41,844. Fees (about $1K) and NYS taxes are rolled into payment.

Keep in mind this has the tech AND advanced tech packages.

Good deal now? Again, 39 months 12k miles per year on the AWD Model.
    Sdjdguy, were there any other options with the car and what area of the country are you in?
    Yes, it's an M35 rear-wheel drive with technology package and trunk mat. I'm in Southern California.
  • bahunkusbahunkus Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2010
    Sewell GSM,

I've lingered here for several months. Your posts are very valuable and appreciated. My question: 2011 M will be in showrooms within the next few weeks? My dealer says absolutely no discounts at first. This means I won't buy until dealers are ready to deal....can you provide an educated guess when there might be deals on the '11 M? Maybe the holidays? Really like the new M but I'll never pay full retail on a car period. My parents taught me about "delayed gratification". Thanks again!
    Nicely put. We will sell them at MSRP for as long as we can...probably through April, but as summer approaches - the sales will slow down...then the dealers will start "dealing" and then Infiniti will start giving us dealer cash, etc. So, if you can wait till the summer you can save several thousand.... :)
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    "as long as we can" may not be that long this year given some of the deals from the competitive cars. My guess is that by early April, you will be able to get a very good deal with loyalty money as well. The over $40K market isn't exactly hot hot hot right now.
  • rjbtkorjbtko Member Posts: 1
    My dealer giving this deal.

2010 m35x advance tech,

18 thousand miles,

675 a month, sign and drive, they are taking back my other lease car 3 months earlier.
  • bahunkusbahunkus Member Posts: 10
    Looks like my gratification won't be so delayed after all. What might the loyalty discount be on the '11 M? Thanks Sewell GSM and ghstudio. Great info.
  • kidstarkidstar Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I am looking to purchase the 2010 M35x (AWD) with Tech Package in the NY/NJ area. If you have purchased this car from this area, can you please post the price paid/dealer name? Thanks in advance!
    I bought a 2010 M35x with the tech package for just under $41,000 in theNY area, but wouldn't recommend my dealer. However if you check the AAA or AmExp car buying programs you should be able to get the car for about that price.
  • jsmit86jsmit86 Member Posts: 116
    edited March 2010
    I was getting close to pulling the trigger on a G37X, and I am seeing a special on a M35x with tech and splash guards for $41,435 (MSRP $52,435) My son was speaking to someone at the dealer who mentioned 2.9% for 72 months. When I look at the dealer's web ads, they exclude the low APRs with with "Special" pricing. Are both actually available? What combination?
    My understanding is that you can choose either the major price reductions, or the low-APR financing, but not both (this is what I was told when I bought my 2010 M35 with Tech package two weeks ago). For me, taking the price reduction (my sales price was approx. $11,300 below MSRP) was a better deal than the low-rate financing with a purchase price that would have been a lot higher. At the time, Bank of America was offering 3.6% for up to 60 months with good credit, which is the way I went. For what it's worth, I just turned in a leased 2008 G37 when I bought my 2010 M35. Both are great cars and you can't go wrong. If you're interested in my impressions regarding the differences between the two cars, please feel free to ask. Best of luck.
    The vehicle will launch this month with a $1000 Lease Loyalty Rebate (must lease and must have an Infiniti now).
    I posted these at the beginning of the month - here you go...

2010 M35: Special Rates + $2000 OR $7000 OR Lease w/ $2500 plus $2000 Lease Loyalty Rebate if you own an Infiniti

3 ways to acquire a new M.... :)

PS Plus the dealer discount which should be about $3000....
    When I shop for a new ride, I delete all companies with loyalty discounts from my list. If they want to reward current owners but penalize new customers, then they are content to keep their marketing focus narrowed so they don't want me. Not a problem -- lots of fish in the sea. Some companies have conquest rebates to interest buyers with competitive brands or just offer cash to everyone. Not sure I understand the marketing strategy --- I thought dealers would want the broadest demographic population segment to draw on. Obviously not. ;)
    Infiniti does Loyalty Rebates on the lease, so customers don't freak out when they see how much their payment is going up on the newer vehicle. Plus, they reward those who have been loyal - if you buy one - then you could be "loyal" the next time. I'm surprised other auto makers don't give special consideration to their "loyal customers" - maybe they will leave and come to Infiniti.... :)
    Thanks -- I have to say the EX awd journey is really ringing my chimes. Not sure about leasing again. Looked one over in California - seat tested etc and it just seemed perfect. Won't be ready for 18 months or so. The new ones look like they can be bought in the mid-thirties. Which is fine for all you get. Can you project what a cpo with less than 10k miles will be priced at a year from this fall? It would have to be at least 8k less for me to consider so I probably will be looking new. Any thoughts?
    Thanks to all on this forum. Here are my current dealer’s final terms:

2010 M35x – Blue Slate / Wheat Interior
    Advanced Tech
    Tech
    Spoiler
    Splash guards
    Trunk mat

Lease 39 months / 12K miles per year
    $500/month
    Only 1st month’s payment due at signing ($500)
    Fees and NYS taxes rolled into payment

Used VPP, owner loyalty, and $2,500 dealer cash

I got this from 2 dealers, however, only one had the wheat interior (a lot of black on graphite).

What do you think? It works out to be about $12,500 off of MSRP.
  • redg356mt2005redg356mt2005 Member Posts: 5
    I used Carsdirect.com and was referred to Mission Viejo Infiniti at the carsdirect price of approximately $11,400 off MSRP. The purchase was very easy, no hassle, no problems. We looked at G37's but my wife who is a real estate agent, needed a bigger car with more room. The car is great. I am having a tough time letting her drive the car. LOL.
    You should have used multiple security deposits which would have lowered your payments even more. Why don't folks read this forum instead of asking, after they do the lease?
    Thank you. However, I thought you could not do that in New York?
    I don't know individual state laws...and they change. If you couldn't use MSD's then you got a good deal...,
    Go check them out! Super nice.
  • topaz9986topaz9986 Member Posts: 8
    Hello. I am new to this Forum but have used the content many times to learn about pricing and learn about comparisons. I am in the market for a 2011 M37 and test drove one yesterday (with Tech package). I was very impressed with the fit and finish of the car. The interior was as nice as it looks in pictures (tranquil feel in my opinion). The wood trim with the aluminum trim had a great balance. Power was more than adequate and more than the outgoing V-8. The car had a nice ride (not as quiet as a Lexus GS) and took turns with ease with little body roll.

Also, for those of you looking for pricing, Infiniti updated their website with the 2011 M and current offers. Both lease and purchase pricing are out there under "Current Offers" (running 2.9% for 60 months on both M's). Also they are running 3.9% on 72 months - something to consider against the lease when you look at side by side comparison (lease vs. buy). The dealer in my area is only willing to discount about $1,500 off of MSRP as of today. I did speak to another dealer in the area and they said they would go to $2,000 off MSRP but reconsider in a month depending on sales volume.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,068
    I've heard the same thing about NY...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited March 2010
    I could be wrong, but I've heard that New Yorkers can lease the car from NJ (or PA....) dealer and do the MSD.
    I tried that back in 2007 when I leased my G. Maybe things have changed since then.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,068
    I've heard of that working with BMWFS... seems like it wouldn't, though..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lakincaidlakincaid Member Posts: 3
    Sat down with a salesman at SW Infiniti in Houston to discuss options as my current M35 lease ends May 1, 2010. Am looking at new 2011 M37 (Premium, Sport & Sport Tour) which will be arriving in a few weeks. My question is, can I realistically expect to get anything off the MSRP of $57,265? Also, are any customer loyalty incentives or discounts available? Looking at a 39mth lease, 10,000 miles per year. Any info regarding discounts or lease payment amounts would be greatly appreciated.
    edited March 2010
    My advice would be to extend your current lease for maybe 2-3 months (easy to do) because at that point the 2011 M will likely be discounted significantly. Personally, I try to pay $500 or less over invoice ... and then I deduct any marketing money and loyalty money from that. My M35 24 mo lease is up at the end of June....and I'm guessing that by then infiniti will be throwing money to sell the M by then.

If you do lease an infiniti, use multiple security deposits to lower the cost of the lease.
    There is a $1000 Loyalty Rebate on a lease for the new 2011 M. Also, we the dealers will sell them for MSRP until people quit paying it, so you can expect a discount around May...however, for our loyal customers (bought from dealership before) we are giving a $500 courtesy discount. Hope this helps. :)
This discussion has been closed.