Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lakincaidlakincaid Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
  • aja65aja65 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone done an M 35 Lease in the last few days? I have a M35 with an MSRP of $50,120. Dealer is offering 36 months, first payment down only, 15K miles, $565 inclusive of AZ sales tax of 8%. Seems a bit high. I understand the applicable incetives to be $5,000 dealer cash, VPP, $2,000 IFS Loyalty. Am I missing anything. Based on the deals posted, this deal should be closer to $525 with 4 days left in the month..... :confuse:
  • e325rkhe325rkh Member Posts: 71
    I leased a 2010 M35x with advanced tech, tech, spoiler, splash guards and carpeted trunk mat. The MSRP was $55,445. My cap cost was $42,881 ($12,564 off MSRP). This was with VPP, lease loyalty and $4,151 additional dealer discount (I didn't know there was $5,000 dealer cash).

For a 39 month/12K mile lease (MF 0.00036 and residual 48%) my monthly came to $509 per month, inclusive of NYS taxes (8.625%). My total due at signing was $1,000 (1st month's payment, $231 DMV for new plates, $75 doc fee, $12.50 tire disposal fee, $172.50 for taxes on loyalty cash).

The main difference between our two leases is the MSRP (yours is $50,120 while mine was much higher at $55,445 due to content). Other differences between our two leases are:
    term (36 vs 39 months)
    miles (15K vs 12K)
    total due at signing ($565 vs $1,000)
    tax rate (8% vs 8.625%)

I originally got the above deal for $500/month with only $500 due at signing from another dealer, however, they could not locate the color I wanted (see post#1265).

Also, earlier this month, I was getting another one with all options listed above EXCEPT advanced tech (MSRP $52,645) for $484 with $484 due at signing. I also missed this one due to color (it seems on the East Coast there were none left with a Wheat interior).

I hope this helps. What MF and residual did they use?
    Hello, Car_man. Can you tell me what the 24 month / 12K miles money factor and residual is on a 2010 m35x?

I wanted to see what it would cost if I changed my terms listed above (so that I may get into the new M earlier :) ).

Again, thanks to all.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    We sold out today - so if you are thinking about getting one of the remaining 2010's, better stop thinking and start acting.... :D
  • bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    I saw the $10,000+ discounts on the 09s, now the 10s, and I'm sure by the end of the year the 2011 M37s.
  • duncanp1duncanp1 Member Posts: 3
    Moderator: Would you please add this topic for the 2011 M?

Appears that Atlanta, GA pricing for new M is $500 over invoice at Guinett Infiniti (Costco Buying Program) and invoice at Nalley Infiniti (American Express Buying Program); not sure if they will waive doc fees ($500+).

So, great discounts already and let the games begin; great car, but the depreciation is steep, so invoice buy is pretty important.

Hope they sell a lot of them.

I like the new 5 series, but can't deal with the unreliability or poor crash safety of the last gen; and I'm not confident the new one will be much better.

D.P.
    I agree. It is time to have a category for the M37/M56 pricing.
  • bahunkusbahunkus Member Posts: 10
    Glad to hear of discounts on '11 M. Just test drove a loaded M56. OMG...crazy power! Interior styling is greatly updated. My local Infiniti dealer here in Houston is not discounting $1. Won't even give loyalty discount. I told him that I don't pay MSRP....that's just stupid. He said they might discount 1K or 2K by Christmas. Love the guy but don't believe that for one second.

I expect to get around $10K off by then. What do you think SewellGSM and others?

Like the car though. Believe it or not the blind spot indicator is quite useful. Also liked the cooled seats and Forest Air AC. Didn't think I would. Sound system was good but no Mark Levinson. Will probably go with a 37 though...56 is dangerous!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• duncanp1duncanp1 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the new topic Kirstie, but it should read just M37/M56, since the M56 replaced the M45.

Also, I think it should be under M37/M56 Forum not the M35/45 Fourum please, or just change the M35/45 Forum to Infiniti M Forum to cover the previous model (M35/M45), and the new model (M37/M56).

Whatever you think would be best.
    And one day on the 12s and 13s....meanwhile you are never driving one....
    There will not be $10k off until this is an old body style and some new hoovercraft version is coming out...so like 2016.

Usually at the end of the year, when the model has no changes just a new year - you will see about $5-6k off....the only reason you see $10k off now (on 2010) is because the 2011 is all-new - outside, inside, engine....

Look at the G - did you see $10k off the 09 going into 10....

Right now - expect to pay MSRP - loyalty rebate if you qualify...by this summer you will probably get $1k-$2k off...depends on supply and demand....right now huge demand and no supply! :(
  • bahunkusbahunkus Member Posts: 10
    Good info SewellGSM. I'll wait until EOY if I have to. No rush. Great car though. You've got to be giddy with excitement up there in the Big D. Happy selling!
  • mltsurgermltsurger Member Posts: 102
    please keep our M35/45 separate.Thanks
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    edited March 2010
    Real discounts on cars are area and dealer specific...and vary based on the dealer's attitude towards building long term relationships vs get all you can. Of course it's a business, so dealers run their dealerships the way they want.

Check out the discounts already being offered in Atlanta ....M37 at invoice or $500 over invoice, depending on the dealer link title
    edited April 2010
    I am seeing the $10,000+ discounting on the current 2010s as I did on the end of year 09s and 08s. I have no doubt there will be a similar scenario for the new model as well by the end of this year.
    No changes to the M lines.

This will be the last month for support from Infiniti for the 2010 M. Most dealers are sold out anyway.

10 M35: Special Rate and $2000 OR $7000 OR Lease w/ $2500 help.

11 M37: Special Rate only

Hope this helps. :)
  • 4hifiguy4hifiguy Member Posts: 3
    sewellgsm,

For a cash buyer of an M35, do I also get the $2000 Customer Incentive from Infiniti in addition to the $7,000 you noted. If yes, is it O.K. to apply this cash incentive toward the purchase price or will Infiniti send me a rebate check?. Many thanks.
  • berardberard Member Posts: 13
    Great deals going on for 2010 M series this month as they attempt to clear the lots for the 2011 models. I just bought a 2010 M35X with the tech package and a few other extras (trunk carpet, wheel locks, cargo net, splash guards, nitrogen filled tires) for $39,935 before taxes and tags (no other fees) from a dealer in Maryland. MSRP was $52,635. Nice ride for a great price.
  • ram60ram60 Member Posts: 20
    Great deal,

Which Maryland dealer did you buy from and what was there remaining inventory like? I am dealing with Atlanta , GA dealers and the inventory of 2010 is very low.

Thanks
    I bought from JBA Infinity. THey have a couple 2010 M35Xs and a few 2009's. There are also some other dealers in Northern Virginia and Maryland with some in stock. I went with JBA, because they have the Infiniti Award of Excellence, they were a pleasure to work with, and they were competitive on price. You can check out their website to get more specifics on their inventory. Good luck.
  • dan41dan41 Member Posts: 182
    Congrats on getting a great deal on such a great car!
    Thanks. My first impressions from driving it the past couple of days are very favorable.
  • ecoastharleyecoastharley Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

I am just coming off a G35xS lease, and in the market for an M37, M35 2010, or an A6.

Here are the details of one lease option here in Mass.

MSRP: $55,235
    Cap Cost: $49,900
    Money Factor: .00023
    Residual: 49% - $27065
    Down Payment: $1688
    Term: 36 Months
    Miles :12k
    Monthly Payment: $633

This doesn't seem like a good deal.

In doing some reading of this forum today, I see there are lots of people getting Cap Cost in the $42k range... is that due to the $7k discount? Haven't seen anything like that from my dealer. Little disappointing considering I have leased 2 Gs from him. Like to hear any thoughts...

Thanks
    Bob
    Assuming you talking about a 2010, you should be targeting between 11-12K off MSRP. Whether you are considering a 2010 or 2011, I suggest using a site like zag.com to help better position you for negotiating a deal.
  • ecoastharleyecoastharley Member Posts: 14
    Thanks Dan.

That was a 2010... put it in the title, not the post. Yeah, it seems that most posts with lease details have between 10-12 off MSRP. I will check out zag.com... thanks again.

Bob
  • ipassgasipassgas Member Posts: 5
    If any dealers are lurching and want to match that price, please reply or drop me a line.
  • littlejoe613littlejoe613 Member Posts: 53
    What?.....no Lurchers?...what exactly is that? It sounds negative though.
    edited April 2010
    –verb (used without object)
    5.to make a lurch; move with lurches; stagger: The wounded man lurched across the room.

That's what Lurch means....

Just bought an AWD M35X with trunk mat and splash guards for 36,500 bottom line (including "admin") plust tax and tags. MSRP 49085 - 12684 discount +99 admin = 36500.
  • bigjmanbigjman Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy a used m35 or m45 sport. Was offered a 2007 Black on Black sport and technology package with 52000 miles. The car would be a certified pre-owned and come with the 100k/6 year warranty. Said he could probably sell for $25000.

It isn't for sale yet... going through the certifying process. So I have some time. I plan on asking about the tires, bluetooth, the multifunction switch in the dash, tire pressure and monitoring system, and the filling of the fuel tank,

The thing that is making me uneasy is the mileage.

What are your thoughts? Are there any other things I should look into? More importantly, do you think it is a good deal?
    It isn't clear if you were "offered" a M35 or M45. If it's an M35, I think pricing is on the high side for a 2007. I have a friend who just purchased a certified 2009 M35X with 30K miles for $31K. I can't offer an opinion if you were "offered" an M45.

Mileage is above average for a car 4 years old, but it's not too high.
  • colladocollado Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

Just bought a new 2010 M35 with tech. I am having it shipped from LA since I could not find a black on black anywhere near NC. I think I got a great deal, and they will be shipping it later today or tomorrow.

1 question, I am new to infiniti cars, what should I expect the car to come with?
    example: floors mats (i bought the trunk mat, but no options for floor mats, is that included? Owners manual of course, nav manuel. It comes with ipod connectivity, does it come with the Ipod cable (or do I have to purchase that seperatly)?

Thanks all
    Congrats on your purchase. Funny, when I was looking for a 2010 M in March, all I could find were Black on Black.

The car will come with good floor mats, owner's manual and a separate nav manual (both in a leather case that mounts in the trunk). There is also a matching First Aid kit in the trunk.

Your M purchase includes the iPod cable, however, sometimes it magically disappears. Contact your dealer to ensure the above items are in the car prior shipping, or better yet, have them mail these items (along with the extra key) separately.

Regarding the iPod cable, please note, it doesn't charge late model iPods or iPhones. There is a separate charge converter that connects that will allow this function (Griffin and Schosche are 2 of the companies that make them).

Fee free to email me with any other questions you may have.
    Infiniti is done with the 2010 M's - no more lease support, no more special rates - they just gave the dealers $5000 for each one they had left in stock and said "good luck".

So, you should be able to buy any 2010 M for $5000 back of invoice.... :)
    What are people able to negotiate now that infiniti is "done with the 2010M's"?
    In April, with factory to dealer incentives, we were able to buy the base M35x for $36,500 and the one with the Nav package (not advanced tech) for 39,935. Has anyone been able to do better?
  • rascal916rascal916 Member Posts: 2
    Happen to visit the dealership today to look at G35S and saw a 2009 preowned M35S on the lot. It has 24,000 miles and is loaded. Navigation, Premium Package + Technology package. Dealer price is $35,000.....is this a deal or could i do better?
    You can do better,Is it a CPO with Infinity wrap.I would suggest 32,400 with CPO and about 850 for the wrap.Good luck
    If you can buy a brand new 2010 with tech for 39,935 then I wouldn't call a 2009 with 24,000miles for $35,000 much of a deal. If that's your budget, then get a garmin for $150, forget about the tech package and buy a new 2010 M35x base model for $36,500.
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    Anybody know of any 2010 M45's in black out there? Preferably with options. I am in Nor Cal but can have it shipped.
  • rascal916rascal916 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. For your opinion, whats a wrap?
    Silly questions:

How can I make sure that I purchased a 2010 rather than 2009 M35? Reading the owners manual, it says 2009 Owners manual. Dealer told me it was a New 2010 with 100 miles. Milages is correct, but wonder if I just bought a 2009 instead. I open the door and see it was made on 08/09.

Second, does the 2010 M35 with tech packages suppose to have an USB interface?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    edited May 2010
    Look at the 10th digit of the VIN.. If it's a 9, then the car is a 2009 model... If it's an A, then it's a 2010..

Also, you could check your title or registration..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

thanks kyfdx. Its an A. (2010) I got a 2009 booklet and the dealer has been extremely shady, so I had to double check.
  • charles58charles58 Member Posts: 1
    out shopping for a g37 AWD and happened upon a new (140 mi) 2009 m35s, black, for $38500. No nav, just the sport. I thought it looked like a good deal until I saw the posts about the 2010 with options going for about that. Good deal? Stick with the 2010 - 2011 g37? Thanks.
    There is a significant difference between the G's and M's.Would stay with the M and work on the price. Drive and sit in the M ,you can always make more money,there is only one M !
  • tmayes2tmayes2 Member Posts: 1
    Interested in feedback on the car and the price. Was initially favoring the M45 due to the larger engine.
  • iaw4iaw4 Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2010
    Apparently, Infiniti is stuffed full of cars and the 2011 model year is around the corner. so, I am thinking about a 2010 M35 or 2010 QX56, which would otherwise be out of my range. Rhode Island/Massachusetts area. Must have the tech package. Preference for light colors. Otherwise, no preferences.

(I prefer a lease, but can buy.)

What should I expect?
  • kerryr778kerryr778 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    I live about 90miles outside Houston and I have been looking for a gently used M35x/M45x Advanced Tech Package(with LDW) preferably black with a light interior for a while. The other day I found an M45x at a dealership in Dallas that has 37k miles and they are asking for about $37,000, I think that is quite costly for the car given that it has 37k+miles. Any advise and or suggestions anyone???

I am not limiting my search to Texas, but the closer the better.
    15 months ago ,I bought a 2008 M45X with every option including chrome wheels for 41,000.00.It had 12,500 miles with CPO.Great car and a lot of fun.Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.