Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ckelly14ckelly14 Member Posts: 105
    Brianfox:

First, I have to say that compared to many people, you are thinking a few steps ahead, and I applaud you for it. You are at least thinking about what you would do with the money if you didn't pay for the car up front, or the "opportunity cost" of paying for the car up front vs. investing the money. However, I think your calculations are incorrect.

Perhaps I am not fully understanding what you are saying. You said "It's worth $400 to be able to hang onto that $56K for a couple of years". Are you saying that the lease only cost you $400 over the term of the lease compared to paying cash up front? This would be impossible. If your capitalized cost (negotiated price + TTL) is about 56K and the residual is about 42K, then you rent charge would be 98,000 X money factor (for simplicity .002) would be $196per month. This would amount to $4704 over 24 months. Perhaps you forgot about the trade-in? Or are you accounting for inflation or some other financial nuance that you haven't mentioned?

I don't want to get on a soap box here, but if you go into a lease not understanding it (at least the very basics) you will most likely be ripped off. I'm not talking about you, brianfox, as I may not have understood you correctly. I'm talking about people who come on and say " My lease is $540 a month, is this a good price?" I think the worst thing you can do is spend hours at Edmunds, researching the right car at the right price, and then turned around and be boned by the lease. Walk into a dealership, demand a certain lease payment, and he will likely deliver it to you! Take five minutes and read an article about leasing. Next negotiate the best price on the car without ever mentioning you are going to lease it. Then, and only then, ask about SPECIFIC LEASE TERMS. Ask what the residual is. Do you think you can sell the car or trade it in at that price at the end? Most likely you wouldn't be able to, especially if you usually trade-in. Second, ask about the money factor, multiply it by 2400, and compare it to the current interest rate. If it is 2%, and the current new car loan rate is 5.8 %, you may be better off leasing. Brianfox- if you are planning on buying at the end of your lease, do you know in some states you may be changed sales tax again? I'm not sure about your state.

Phew! Sorry about being so long-winded but lack of understanding about leases is a pet-peeve.
  • brianfoxbrianfox Member Posts: 25
    ckelley,

As you can see, my original post was deleted by site administrators because I mentioned names. Unfortunately, my followup was also deleted (it would have appeared just before your post).

Here's the summary that was deleted:

I negotiated a purchase price of about $800 over invoice for a black/black M45, Journey/Tech, Chome Wheels, Aero Kit. This came to $52K and change. The out the door price after T&L would have been $56.8K.

I was all set up to pay cash, then got 'wise' to the notion of a lease - mostly at the sweet talking of the finance guy. I had signed the lease with the understanding that if my intention was to purchase the car at the end of the lease anyway, the total out of pocket costs would be about the same (give or take $500). That sounded like a great deal to me - keep the money I would have used for purchase in the bank, and buy it at the end of the lease.

Unfortunately, my 8K trade in was almost exactly the (I forget the exact term) "park cost"? It's the finance charges they knock you with during the lease period. Granted, the money factor was well under 2. A couple of hours after driving the car off the lot, I realized I would be paying 12K in lease payments, plus 41.5K in residual + 3K in taxes on the residual = 56.5K. Same price as buying, right? Well, not if you figure in that they also got my trade in for 8K. This makes the lease/purchase path actually cost about 65K.

I turned around and returned to the dealer looking for a fight. They were very apologetic, scrutinized the papers and actually looked surprised that the lease was not as good a deal. With ansolutely no argument from them, they drew up a purchase agreement and voided the lease.

I admit - I was a total greenhorn about leasing. Never - NEVER walk into a dealership and change your course of action. If you are setting out to buy - then buy.

Because I went back just three hours later, I don't think they could have stuck to their guns. I had made it abundantly clear every step of the way that I was signing the lease with the understanding that it would basically be equivalent to purchase. Clearly it was not.

Now, I must point out that had I planned on financing a purchase, the lease option would have possibly been a consideration. Had I financed at 6% for 60 months, the finance charges would be about 8K.

So, leasing then purchasing with cash would roughtly have been equivalent to financing. However, financing the residual would easily push the deal in favor of financing the whole purchase.

In my case, nothing beat cash.
  • sdiver68sdiver68 Member Posts: 125
    "In my case, nothing beat cash."

Unless the money could have gone to an investment or combination of investments that was earning 6%+/year . Or maybe you could have taken out a home equity loan for $56K with a lower APR and only had to average 4%+ year on your $56K invested given the tax implications. And if the lease is partly or in full for business reasons, etc... My point is pure cash is sometimes or even often more expensive than other options.

Bottom line is, everyone should understand and look at every angle involved. Interest rates, opportunity cost of investment, time factor of money, tax implications, alternate financing schemes, inflation, the list goes on. In my situation, leasing gave me the highest possible ROI.
  • summitguysummitguy Member Posts: 8
    Just signed on for a lease on
    Infiniti M35 (base) + Journey + Tech + Mats + Splash Guard
    MSRP 47800
    Capitalized Cost: 44800
    MF: 0.0204
    36 months / 12,000 (63% residual)
    Down: $550 Bank fee, $200 registration / tags + 1st payment
    Payment: $551 before tax ($585 including NJ tax).

any thoughts?
    Exactly the car I want so thanks for posting. I calculated about $850 over invoice: an excellent deal! Residual/MF seemed to also be in line. Great work. Enjoy your car! I told my wife I'd wait until November to buy.....grumble,grumble :( ">
  • bidyutbidyut Member Posts: 18
    Just picked up my M35 with tech + journey + splash guard + trunk mat for 44912$ + tax license fee. No haggle or no hassle. Infiniti of Pleasanton. Best and nicest people I have dealt with. I traded in my eclipse 1998 for $4500. Also added 48mo/60k maintanance service for 1120$. Now i am smiling..:)
  • homantaghomantag Member Posts: 21
    To get the M35x to the same level as the Acura RL, you pretty much need to add the jourey package and tech package.

I just got the M35 because my wife liked the interior better, and the back seat had more room for a baby's car seat.

I got the following lease terms:

24 months, 15k miles p/yr
    MSRP = $49,670 (with Aero Package)
    $650 per month (including tax)
    $1500 Drive Off (not the same as a "down" where you pay extra for tax, license, etc.).
    (I believe the capital cost was $47,218).

Comments on whether good or bad for So. CA?
  • homantaghomantag Member Posts: 21
    I got the following lease terms:

24 months, 15k miles p/yr
    MSRP = $49,670 (with Aero Package)
    $650 per month (including tax)
    $1500 Drive Off (not the same as a "down" where you pay extra for tax, license, etc.).
    (I believe the capital cost was $47,218).

Comments on whether good or bad for So. CA?
  • ptkimptkim Member Posts: 14
    I'm assuming you got the M35 non-sport with Journey+ tech + aero + trunk mat? This comes out to MSRP of $49670. The invoice of this car should have been $45121. So your cap cost was $2097 over invoice.

Looks like the dealer is giving you the Infinit Financing corp base rate (they're not making money on lease), but appears that they did charge more than usual on price over invoice, especially in So. Cal where Infiniti dealers are abundant.

In So. Cal, I think you can expect to pay $850 ~ $1500 over invoice, on the M35. I believe there's also more room to negotiate on the M35's than the M45s. I you had paid about $1000 over invoice, I think it could have saved you about 20-30 dollars on your monthly payment.

I personally think the deal was...ok. Not terribly bad (like paying MSRP), and not great either in So. Cal. But who cares, as long as you are satisfied with the car and the dealer was professional. enjoy your car!
  • drhippodrhippo Member Posts: 8
    california seems to have better deals! I've leased for years, and (in Nevada) just got a 35x with journey/tech, tint, full spare, splash guard--3000 out of pocket, 641/month plus tax, 39 months, 12k/year. This was down considerably from what they started out at.

Any comments?
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    Just picked up my M35 with tech + journey + splash guard + trunk mat for 44912$ ... No haggle or no hassle.

Congrats on a great price - at $800 over Invoice; I wouldn't need to haggle either :surprise: Are you being serious on the, "No haggle or no hassle."? was this the starting price? :confuse:

I'm a little surprised to hear such a great price with no haggle/hassle.
  • bidyutbidyut Member Posts: 18
    I am serious. Actually the internet sales guy from the dealership gave me the price long ago. That time I asked for the car with diamond graphite interior. He said that he needed to order that and it would take 90 days. So I settled for liquid platinum. That also he didn't have, but he located it somewhere and go it shipped. He didn't charge that on me. He stuck to his price inspite of all that.

Even on the trade-in, over the phone he told me it would be 4500$ without looking at the car. According to KBB, my car price should be $4050. After inspecting the car, still I got $4500.

Apart from that, I got $750 worth coupons to use against service and parts, free sirius activation and 3 months free service. I have yet to do the activation.
  • jeffreykluvejeffreykluve Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

Thanks for everyone's help as I help my buddy buy his M. What kind of money factors are you finding out there? He's been quoted 2.13 (.00213 I assume) and I'm curious if anyone knows what the "base" rate might be for this vehicle. Thanks!
  • jeffreykluvejeffreykluve Member Posts: 4
    Hey Everyone,

Since I posted the above, I found LeaseCompare.com, which provides a sampling of money factors for several lease financing providers. I found this useful in making sure the M35 lease I'm analyzing has reasonable MF numbers.
  • salc1salc1 Member Posts: 12
    Just started looking at an M35x (crimson or Twilight blue) w/ Journey and Nav. Local dealer (Harte Infiniti, West Haven , CT) has given me a quote using the Costco Auto Purchasing Program which takes 5% off the MSRP.

With a sticker price of $48,500 that would bring me down to $46,075. It appears that there may be some better pricing out there for this vehicle. I'm not in a rush to purchase (would hope to have vehicle by Nov.).

Would appreciate any feedback on dealer experiences and pricing in the Metro area. It would some NJ dealers are quite aggressive on price.

I'm leaning towards purchasing rather than leasing for the fact that i drive 18,000+ miles per year.

as far as purchase I'd be looking for a longer term deal as I what to keep costs in check as much as possible.

Comments and feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Any comments
  • steve777steve777 Member Posts: 41
    I got my M35x (base model) from Ramsey (NJ) Infiniti using my VPP code. They blew away the competition.

Paying under $550 a month for 15k miles w/1777 in upfront fees. Ask for Kendra. Tell her Steve form Sony sent you.
  • davidc1davidc1 Member Posts: 168
    Can you elaborate? I am not sure how $550/mo for a base model is blowing away the competition.
  • ktb7ktb7 Member Posts: 4
    Hello all, I have never leased a car before and was unfortunately rushed into making a deal. I think I made a fair deal but would appreciate any insight as I have yet to take delivery. The details are as follow:

M35X with Journey Package and Sirius
    39 months with 17,000 miles/year
    $640/month with taxes, registration, and tags up front
    Capitalized Cost: $46,226.84
    Residual Value: $27,038.70

Thanks for any help.
  • salc1salc1 Member Posts: 12
    thanks for the info Steve. I'll definitely check out Ramsey. Can you elaborate on what the VPP code is.
  • rickwellrickwell Member Posts: 15
    Annoyed in Ft. Lauderdale...I too went into the Coconut Creek dealership with an M45. The salesman was thorough and did an excellent job of selling the car and the dealership. However, the Desk is a mess in this dealership and backed off an offer that the salesman proposed last night when I arrived today to complete the purchase. They claimed that the prior manager made a mistake with the tax-in part of the deal and took their numbers up by the tax amount or $47 per month! The salesman indicated last night that we had an offer on an M45 Sport with Tech & Journey at $ 725 tax in 39/12k + TTL or, a $1300 deal.

:( When the "Desk" pulls garbage like this, they can't be trusted to complete an honorable deal. The salesman was disappointed as was I. Watch out in this dealership as they tend to "pull the rug out from under the sales rep's at the time of closing. Finally, I too find that the S. FL Infiniti dealerships have a sense of smugness about the ability to crush every sale of this HOT car. However, HOT lasts only for the first few payments until the next great car shows up.

Let me know if you ever completed your purchase and are happy with the M45.
    Where and, when do you expect to take delivery?
  • sjcbillsjcbill Member Posts: 82
    The salesman at Marin Infiniti called to wish my wife a happy birthday. This is the first time we've ever received an after-the-sale call from a dealer that wasn't trying to sell something.
  • rats13rats13 Member Posts: 42
    I got an e-mail yesterday from a dealer I had made a previous inquiry a while saying they were short on August sales and any M45 in stock was priced at $900 over invoice. One day price only of course :P
  • ajamoajamo Member Posts: 18
    I've been negotiating cap cost on an M45 Sport lease all week. Two of the initial quotes were at MSRP, one was 1K off list and another was 2K off, all done via e-mail.

The car, equipped exactly as I wanted, didn't exist within a 150 mile radius. The dealer that was 2K off told me he had a car en route that was identical to my spec except it had splash guards, trunk mat, and full spare. Of course that worked for me and I countered with $700 over invoice. He claimed he couldn't get under $1400 over for a car they had on order.

I searched existing inventory in PA, NJ, DE, and MD and came up with two cars that were identical, except stone leather vs. graphite (my first choice). Anyway, I called this dealer back and told him where the cars were that I'd accept and that I'd give him $1K over invoice. He counters with $1700 over, citing a $225 cost to transfer a car. Wow.

Wound up calling a dealer that made a crappy initial offer and told him of my trouble getting a deal done. I told him about the cars, where they were, and offered 1K over for either car that I located. He agreed and I pick the bad boy up tomorrow. Total conversation time: 90 seconds.

I wound up paying cash for a spoiler, but will pay a shade over $700/mo for 12K/39 mos. with only $1235 due at signing (which includes the spoiler).

I'm putting a pot of coffee on so I can stay up all night and stare at the M literature I have in my home office.

14 hours to go...
    It's encouraging to hear that someone can get a fair lease deal on this vehicle. I made several offers of $1300 over sticker here in S. FL and was allowed to leave with my money and no car. If you have the exact details such as residual percentage, money factor, and other fees (dealer fees), please clarify. For a $1000 dollar savings, I would pick the car up somewhere outside of the state.
  • phariharanphariharan Member Posts: 3
    We just picked up our M 35x serg. sand with journey and tech package, spoiler. I want to thank everybody in this forum for all the information shared. The car stickered at $ 51900. I purchased it for $ 48603. They also paid $ 12500 for the Mercedes ML 320 2000 for our trade in. I did the entire thing on the internet. I live in Cincinnati and got quotes from Dayton, Columbus, Lexington, Indianapolis and Cincinnati. I ended buying from Infiniti of Columbus. Nobody came close to there offer ( Lexington said they would match it but did not have any cars in stock) The
    Cincinnati dealer was the worse saying that they did not have any cars and were not very willing to negotiate and only offered $ 11000 for the trade in. We also considered the Lexus GS 300 but liked the M much better.

We had a very good experience with Infiniti of Columbus- great guys. Looks like the demand for these cars in the Mid West is quiet high and most dealers said they would only offer 1000 of sticker.

Param. :)
  • zoomeezoomee Member Posts: 5
    Steve,

How far off from invoice was the VPP cost? Also, any idea what the money factor was?

Thanks,
    Greg from Philly
  • ajamoajamo Member Posts: 18
    Rickwell,

No problem. The residual for my M45 was 61%, MF was .00209 which equates to 5.016, dealer fees were $550. All standard for top tier credit for 39 mo/12K lease I believe.

I am in the Philadelphia Metro area though, got the car at Winner Infiniti in Newark, DE ~ might be a bit too far from South Florida!!??
  • kmbaerkmbaer Member Posts: 20
    Rickwell...I did wind up purchasing the M35 about 3 weeks ago. Just one day after the Coconut Creek incident. I did the deal over the phone however, I'm currently not too happy with the dealership. I literally drove my new car home from the dealership and garaged it for a week. No stops in between. A week later I took it to have the windows tinted and 3M xpel installed where the guy who owns the shop went over the car meticulously. He discovered that my passenger side front rim was scraped before he took the car into the stall and showed it to me. I immediately called my salesman (who, by the way, was somewhat of a jerk during delivery) and told him my situation. He accused me of scraping the wheel and would not do anything for me. I then fired off a letter to the general manager of the dealership and to Infiniti in CA. It's been almost two weeks (I've already got the return receipts) and no contact except for a voicemail from the salesman who I now refuse to deal with. If you want to deal with this dealership let me know, but at this point I'm NOT recommending them unless they make good with a new wheel.

I've been a long-time Lexus owner, and I would bet the ranch things would be entirely different had this been Lexus. Total cheeseballs=Infiniti :confuse:
  • bw45sportbw45sport Member Posts: 151
    Did you inspect the car before leaving the dealership? While the dealership should complete an inspection of its own before releasing the car, the new owner of the car has the obligation to examine the vehicle before taking it off the lot and noting any problems at that time.

Even if you have garaged the car, I think it's expecting quite a bit from the dealership to repair the rim 3 weeks after you've taken delivery. I've worked with Lexus too and while they ARE very customer service oriented, they don't give away the shop. I seriously doubt you would have received a free replacement from them either.

The one thing I would recommend is finding a good rim repair shop in your city. I had been led to believe that the new alloys were difficult to repair when scraped or cracked but have found this to be false. I had some road rash repaired on my G35 Coupe and for $70 I had a rim that looked like new. It's a lot cheaper than a new rim, especially if you have the 19 in twin spokes.
  • dave328dave328 Member Posts: 30
    I just signed a lease for a Infiniti M45 with Journey and NAV.

MSRP 52510
    Cap cost 48999(invoice + 1000) + 550(acquisition fee) = 49549
    Drive off 1131 (first month payment + reg)
    42 months
    634.95 + 49.21 (7.75 CA tax) = 684.16/mo

This is in S. Cal. Base MF is 0.00202 which I was supposed to get but I think they sneaked in a slightly higher rate. Otherwise I'm happy with the deal. Salesman was a pretty good guy. But you have to watch out for the finance guy/gal.

Dave
  • armen6armen6 Member Posts: 17
    Please use the new Lease forum for questions & comments on leasing, since this forum is for purchases.
    I didn't mean to intrude. Cap cost on a lease is basically the purchase price of the car, so I think it's still relevant for those looking to purchase.

Dave
    This is still a topic covered under leasing. Cap cost is the purchase option of a car as a result of the termination of a lease. It has nothing to do with the purchase of a new car , and therefore belongs in the lease forum, that is why it was established.
    I believe you are wrong. You are getting the residual confused with cap cost. Cap cost is the basis upon which you calculate the lease payment. Generally, you want to negotiate the cap cost just as you would negotiate a purchase price. Infact, in most cases, they are one and the same. You negotiate the price and depednding on the residual and money factor on that car, you can decide to purchase or lease. It makes little difference to the dealer unless he is marking up the MF. So when I say my cap cost was 1k over invoice, you should be able to get the same price when you purchase. This info may be of use to someone looking to buy.
    I agree with dave328,
    cap cost = purchase price. When I leased my M45, I negotiated the selling price of the car first, which IS the cap cost. I then had the choice to purchase or lease the car at this negotiated purchase price/cap cost.
    No, I don't think so. I know the difference b/w residual and cap cost, and know well enough that they are both strictly leasing terms, not buying terms. You negotiate the cap cost in order to lease a vehicle, never to buy one. You negotiate off the invoice price or MSRP when buying a vehicle, plain and simple.

Why would someone who is looking to buy a vehicle go roundabout and negotitate a cap cost over invoice when he doesn't have to; just work the price over invoice and that's it!

Bottom line is, people who buy are more likely to have a longer-term ownership outlook rather than having the shiny new car every three years perspective. I know there are businesses that lease for accounting measures, but for individuals, I cannot see why peolple want to overextend themselves to lease a vehicle instead of just buying a cheaper one. You build equity in something, that even if it depreciates, its yours. You don't have to get caught in the endless cycle of renting a car and getting no ownership rights. As for the payments, yes they are higher in a purchase, but I would rather own the cheaper can and know its mine and decide to get rid of it, when I'm ready rather than constantly have one eye on someone's calendar and the other on my odometer.
    I bet your wife did it! ;) Ask her if she had to parallel park the car sometime within the past three weeks!

kidding aside... yeah.. finding a blemish on the car 3 weeks after is pushing it.

I also found some scratches and a small dent on my rear bumper of my M45, discovered the day after delivery. I picked up the car Saturday night, and really wanting to take the baby home, I didn't even bother checking every single spot (it was dark anyway) and drove it home straight, garaged it. next morning, i noticed the scratches and a small dent (most likely from a plate frame from another car), called the dealer right away, and without hesitation, the sales manager said, "I want you satisfied, we'll take care of it". I took the car in the next day, and they mended the scratches, repainted, buffed. I can still see some really really minor imperfection on the bumper...but since I was treated like a royalty from the dealer, I was happy with the result. Had I discovered the probelm a week later? I think it would have been a different story.

Well anyway, next time, I will take my vehicle delivery during the day, check everything (especially bumper and wheels), and DON'T LET YOUR DEALER detail teh car for you before delivery, if you plan to Zaino your car! or if your car is black. Mine had all these swirls and tiny scratches from the orbital buffer used by the detailer the dealer used. I spent 5 hours Zaino'ing my car last night and I'm sore as hell.

Also..if you have a full size spare, why not just use the spare and put the scratched wheel in the trunk?
    Actually, the title of this board is "prices paid and buying experience". You may not agree with the practice, but for many people on this board the "buying experience" IS leasing. On most of the similar boards on this site, lease specifics are encouraged and very relevant. I agree that leasing is like throwing money away, but when is buying a $50,000 car that gets less than 20 mpg a prudent investment?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,084
    That is enough about buying vs. leasing... and what board it belongs on....

I get to make those decisions.... :surprise:

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• m35sportm35sport Member Posts: 5
    Purchased at the end of August. There are two dealerships around the Dallas area. Originally went to the closer one for a test drive of the M45 sport two months ago. While I'd much prefer the 45, the 35 more than met my needs. Did all my bargaining via email. Gave them my preferences and waited to hear what they had in inventory. The dealership where I test drove the 45 sport was slow to respond via email. The other dealership was ~20miles away and appeared motivated to sell. So ended up going up north.

Used consumer reports for determining invoice cost for the car and accessories.

I thought that fair market price was 5-6% above invoice considering the reviews that the M series has been getting. CR rated the M35 best luxury sedan, so I knew I had minimal bargaining power.

Drove away with the M35 sport with Nav and Journey sport package in liquid platinum with stone/aluminum interior. Decided against the Tech package since I didn't feel that it was worth the xtra $$$. Paid $1k over invoice.

VERY happy with the M! High's include: touch button ignition, tight handling, quality construction, and of course the Nav. Improvements: trunk space is a bit small and Infiniti may require M school to learn all the features built into the car. Simply amazing! My wife enjoys the voice-activated GPS over her Lexus RX 330. Break in period pending. Zaino'd this past weekend...three letters: W O W !!!

As for the Infiniti dealership--more sales pressure and felt rushed out after the sale was made. Maybe he had another sale pending? Based on my "experience" of buying an Infiniti and a Lexus over the last year, the Lexus dealerships is the clear winner. Would I go back to the dealer where I bought my Infiniti....I'd definitely think twice.

Cheers!
  • steve777steve777 Member Posts: 41
    My VPP cost was roughly 300 to 400 above invoice. I ay rougly because she had to go search for a base model and the exact care i ened up getting had a coupleof extra acessories( full size spare).
  • kmbaerkmbaer Member Posts: 20
    Here's an update to my mini-saga. I got a call today from Infiniti corporate in CA as well as the service manager where I purchased my car. They're replacing my wheel this Saturday morning, and were quite apologetic about the way my salesman had spoken to me. I'm just sorry the lengths I had to go to, but I'll be satisfied in the end.

Case closed! :D
  • empty1empty1 Member Posts: 109
    What does the term VPP mean and where did you buy the car? :)
  • cheerioboy26cheerioboy26 Member Posts: 412
    VPP is the Nissan/Infiniti Vehicle Purchase Program for employees and employees of their partners/suppliers

http://www.insidenissan.com/vpp/vendor/index.html
    I picked up my new 35x this weekend. Got a very satisfying deal from a highly classy dealership in NJ, Flemington Infiniti. The price was about 1100 over invoice and I got it in black/bourbon with tech/journey. I added the Diamond Fusion for $350 and bought tire insurance for ~365. I have only driven it home and docked in the garage. I will continue to use my '00 Maxima until I am ready to part with her, a loyal and faithful partner for five years. I know the M will be a dramatic improvement to my Max, but my love for Nissans (had '90 240SX and '79 280Zx first car ever) led me to choose over the soft Lex and Accordesque RL. I know my choice is best and can't wait to roar up and down my block day after day in my new M. Infiniti has separated itself from the other boring brands in the LPS market and is superior to its BMW and Merc competitors. It will take a carmaker like Porsche or Mazrerati to make a car to compete with this new M.
    Congratulations on having Infiniti Mgmt make you into a satisfied customer. I guess it always makes more sense to fix a new customer's problem than leave them unhappy at the point-of sale. This is a lesson that should be learned by many of the auto manufacturers!

After hearing of your negative (turned positive) experience, I ordered my new M45 Saturday evening. I took a M45 with Sport, Tech & Journey on a 24-month, no cap cost deal at $778 tax in and $1,603 OTD. They were using an outrageous 73% residual which was hard to pass up. 2 years and I get to look at a new model! :)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Are you currently shopping for a vehicle? If so, a reporter would like to talk with you to learn how important fuel efficiency is to you as you make your decision.
    Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 14, 2005 with a few thoughts on the subject.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• nomar69nomar69 Member Posts: 49
    Did you get an '06 or an '05 35x??
  • tiger93tiger93 Member Posts: 57
    The M35 and M35x were released earlier this year as 2006 models. This car wasn't made as an '05.
This discussion has been closed.