Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mwtrx67mwtrx67 Member Posts: 3
    I ordered the car from Infiniti of Serramonte
  • themaventhemaven Member Posts: 5
    I decided to step up and get the M45 with technology package. Being the Maven that I am, I did extensive research of cars and feel great about my decision. I have the money, but it is important to feel that I got a great deal.

Process I followed:
    1) Use Edmunds to to research the car you want. Go to the dealerships and test drive them to get a feel.
    2) Go to the book store and buy a car buying magazine that has detailed MSRP and Dealer Cost information. You can also buy this online at Consumer Reports where each option is also listed out, not just the car's cost.
    3) Using message boards such as this to gather current market knowledge and facts, use Edmunds to send off a detailed quote request to local dealership's internet divisions. Also look for others online as Edmunds doesn't list all local dealerships. The internet dealers know you have done your homework and are the most willing to sell cars at x amount over dealer invoice.
    4)Use the lease calculator attached (http://storeandserve.com/download/175464/Lease Calc Final - Share.xls.h- tml)(go to the link, hit download on the right middle, then scroll down to bottom on the next page and scroll down to click on file) to test the numbers and options to ensure you are not getting screwed. No offense to CarMan, but I tried the lease calculator here on the site and even bought one online. Both were junk, so I had a genius at my work use the formula's to make a new one and he got within 1/2 cent (rounding) of dealership quotes. This calculator allows you to change the Cap Cost, Residual, Money Factor to run different scenarios. It does not take taxes into consideration as each state does this differently.
    Emailed it to myself and check the numbers on the dealer's computer - knowing I had that made my final buying experience quick and easy.
    Enjoy!
    5) The deal:
    2006 M45 Umbria Grey with Journey/Technology Package/Sirius/Full Size Spare
    MSRP: $58,190
    Cost: $53,487 ($500 over dealer invoice)
    36 Month Lease
    Residual 57%
    Money Factor .000126
    Total Cost $689.57 + $56.89 Tax = $746.46

Love my car!
    - FYI these were the March Rates - not sure about April
    - I'm in the Bay Area and bought at Frontier Infiniti in San Jose - great to deal with.
  • mrshermanoaksmrshermanoaks Member Posts: 5
    After buying a car, I never know if I've just dealt with the smartest or stupidest people ever. But here's what I got in Southern California:

39 mo lease on a 2006 M35 Sport with the Journey and Technology (XM) packages. $4k out the door (no security), 12k miles/yr, $580/mo plus taxes (total $630/mo)

(ooops, forgot to mention they also rolled in $2300 in outstanding payments on my last lease)
  • firecaptfirecapt Member Posts: 6
    tried to buy a car in indianapolis, would not deal or try to find the car i wanted, wanted to add tech pkg which i didn't want and than offer me 1000 under sticker for car and color i didnt want, salesmen nice but could not deal with sales manager, i walked and got on internet and found infiniti of dublin ohio (near columbus) I called them got a great salesman, went over there last weekend and they found a ivory pearl (color i wanted) wheat interior, journey, nav, splash guards, sirus radio, they threw in winter wheel mats, wheel locks, m35x. i came back and faxed offer which they accepted, 2500 under sticker. will pick up car in 2 wks or less, they had to order sirus and install. Couldn't be happier with infiniti of dublin,hope lam as happy with my new m35x. :):)
  • daemonizerdaemonizer Member Posts: 2
    Taxes, tags and freight are not included in the invoice price... So i would assume the $500+INV number does not include those.

Just picked up an M35x in the NYC metro area, exactly at invoice. Serengheti Sand, Journey Package, XM SR. Great car so far!

Ted
  • jaypolostlsjaypolostls Member Posts: 14
    Has anyone relied on consumer reports invoice report to negotiate their selling price for an M35. Their 'bottom line price'for the M35 sport would be $39516. plus $1465 for journey sport, $1106 for aero kit, and $517 for wood kit. The total invoice price includes an $1232 dealer holdback. The total selling price would be $42604. I figured $500 additional over that, bringing the total selling price to $43,104. Is this a realistic price?
  • kayrinkayrin Member Posts: 4
    Just bought (not lease) a new M35 base, with tech/journy. With some other options, invoice turns out to be $44948. Paid $45250+TTL. Manager originally wanted $46000, and offered $45500 when we were leaving the dealership. He called back next day, and we agreed on $45250. I guess end of the month helped. =)
  • nycinncnycinnc Member Posts: 9
    Where did you purchase?
    I've gotten some local dealers to do $300 over invoice, but then they want to add the Doc fee of $389 to $595 saying they can't remove per North Carolina law.
  • kayrinkayrin Member Posts: 4
    I'm at north dallas. Purchased from crest, which is at southwest corner of parker/75. I believe if i pushed harder, i could get it for $45000. well, like i said, i believe they were really short on april sale. =)
  • celeyceley Member Posts: 1
    I bought a M35 yesterday from North Houston infiniti. They only had one premium in stock, as seems common with most dealers. Final deal was 49174 which is supposed to be 300 over VPP pricing. This included premium package, window tint, pinstripe, trunk mat, splash shields. They tried to sell me on window etching which I would not pay for. Nonetheless as I was driving it out they guy etched all of the windows with the VIN at no cost.
    I am sure I could have done better if they had more in stock, but it was the only one in town in the color and premium package that I wanted.
  • empty1empty1 Member Posts: 109
    Is there anyone who can tell me the best dealership to deal with in the Philadelphia PA area. Ones to avoid?
  • laderakingladeraking Member Posts: 69
    Leasing a M45 sport, Diamond Graphite on Black.

I am pumped.

I hope I dont get a speeding ticket.
  • fedriverfedriver Member Posts: 8
    After a month of research I finally bought my wife (and kids) the car she (they) wanted (thanks edmunds and forum). Our initial search started with looking at sedans that sat 5 as comfortably as possible. My wife drove an ML320 for six years (and 93K miles) and now wanted a sedan. After checking out about 6 different cars, we narrowed it down to the Lexus ES350 and the Infinity M35. The Lexus had price ($37650+ttl for premium plus and nav, but no sirius sat.) better mpg and no rear hump in back seat floor going for it. It drove ok, but on the soft side. The A pillars seemed to be very thick and in the way, visually. The kids (3) said the back seat was not wide enough shoulder wise, it lacked rear seat leg room and passenger knee room was very tight especially when you opened the glove compartment and the door would lay on your knees (I'm 5'9"). The styling was an improvement over the 2006, but it was still blase' (unless you get the SCREAMING LOOK AT ME red). I didn't care much for the high gloss wood grain, especially the wooden steering wheel which was an option, but couldn't find one without it. The sirius satellite was not offered at all because of some kind of technical difficulties according to the Lexus parts department and if I wanted XM added to the vehicle I was Negotiating for it would cost an additional $800. The DVD headrest would be $2595 installed (I was curious). Wife was ok with it, the kids were less enthused. The things going against the Infiniti M35 was the price ($44250+ ttl for the tech and journey package which included nav, premium Bose audio and choice of sirius or xm, I prefer sirius) and the poor reviews I read about mpg. After hard negotiating I discovered that leasing was the way to go and I got the best deal with the Infiniti @$350/mo for 36 months, 15K miles per year and $10K for my trade in versus the Lexus@$403/mo for 36 months, 15K miles per year and $8.5K for trade in (both payments include Ca tax) I feel that I got huge bang for the buck, made my wife very happy and shocked the kids (they thought I was buying the Lexus). The M35, I feel, is more comfortable for every passenger, even the middle back seat. The steering seems to be much more responsive with a nice sporty feeling. I like the lane departure warning system and the radar feature for the collision avoidance control when in cruise control. The wood grain is very classy looking and the 14 (yes 14) speaker Bose stereo rocks. I even had the salesman add the clear bra into the deal when they were offering me the extras at signing. By the way, Infinity will add the DVD headrest for $1795 if I want them. Both dealerships were very accommodating.
  • zen_masterzen_master Member Posts: 3
    Infiniti dealer in my area (Washington DC) agrees to sell a used M45 Sport (10,500 miles) with Journey Package for $44,000. Carfax report shows this was a lease. Is that a good deal?

Thanks in advance!
  • blov8rblov8r Member Posts: 567
    I would look at used car prices her on Edmunds, Kelley, and Carpoint to find the numbers. Looks like you're getting ~ $10K off MSRP w/ a clean Carfax report and plenty of warranty left. Sounds a bit high to me ... Bart :shades:
  • zen_masterzen_master Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info!
  • chtcht Member Posts: 2
    I'm also in the Chicago area and am interested in a m35X. I was wondering how you like your car, since you've had it now about 6 months and which dealer you got it from. Also how the experience was.
  • sfcharliesfcharlie Member Posts: 402
    Not sure whether to post this here or on "lease questions", so leaving it on both. Please ignore one if same lease experts are monitoring both.

2006 M35
    Journey and Tech
    24 months
    15K/yr

Deal complicated by my still having 3 remaining payments (of $567) on 2004 BMW lease and have used up my allotted miles, so I'd pay about $200/month for each of 3 remaining months of driving, if I kept that car until 9/15.

Infiniti dealer would make the remaining three payments and pay whatever else is involved in his dealership bringing the BMW back to BMW (the leasing company) -- if I do this. So, there is nothing else being taken off the MSRP.

MSRP -- $48, 520
    I would put down $3,000 which includes all closing fees and first month's payment.
    Acquisition fee -- $550
    Residual -- 66% = $32,000
    Money factor = .00042
    Sales use Tax where I live = 7.75%
    Monthly payment = $675 ($725 with tax)
  • smith000smith000 Member Posts: 9
    Did you deal with the internet sales people or did you just find someone on the floor? Also, did you finance through IFS or your own?
  • snilakhesnilakhe Member Posts: 10
    Has anybody bought M35X at Infiniti of Lisle near Chicago ?
    Any experience, recommendations, bad/good things about the dealership would be appreciated, also if you want to share the price paid for M35X would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

SSN
  • sagarchrsagarchr Member Posts: 23
    Anyone thinking about trying an internet buying experience (via email), don't waste your time. I have spent a week emailing the six Infiniti dealers that are within an hours radius of my house. Not one of them would come down lower than 1500 over invoice, and they all padded the down payment with another 500 to 1000 dealer profit (thanks Edmunds lease calculator for helping me identify that!!). The three dealers I ended up actually making some progress with insisted I call before they would negotiate below a certain figure, almost the same figure for each one. One dealer was very honest and provided me with the MF, residuals etc.. that I already had from the lease questions forum.(thanks again Edmunds and Car Man.) Two of them outright lied to me (not that I expected total honesty)about the MF, payments, residual, and how much profit they were making. Even when I let it be known that I had the information to calculate the correct figures, not too bright on their part. Unfortunately, the two slimy dealers had the car I wanted, and the honest one did not. So, here I am with no M35 Sport today. :( Lesson learned - use the phone, or print the worksheets and go in to the dealer. I might go to the dealer on the last day of the month and see if they are desperate for a sale to make their numbers. ;)
  • donnyddonnyd Member Posts: 2
    Freedom is a very good thing. Yesterday I bought my first car which is solely for my own driving use (an M35) and spent quite a bit of time researching it. Part of that time was spent in these forums reading about the buying experiences of others. As I read some of the stories of how certain posters had found their exact car of choice and then gone through a drawn-out dramatic haggle dance complete with two or three walkouts to come away with an extra $250, I began to grow anxious as to how my whole scenario would go down. I began to have visions of walking away from I car I desired merely to save face in a negotiation. I began to dread the thought of sitting down to work out the price for my car.

Then the light bulb went on. I decided that my buying experience and my mental health are worth far more to me than a couple of hundred bucks. Amortized over a few years, how much does $500 work out to be, anyway - a cheeseburger a month? If you've got the scratch to buy a $45,000 luxury car, haggling like some Arab rug trader on the streets of Instanbul over a little McMoney is not only unseemly, it's idiotic.

So I found my freedom. I decided not to be a grinder, as I deal with grinders all the time and they are usually some of the most unhappy and most unpleasant individuals one can ever encounter. They merely wish to be able to walk away and brag about "what a great deal they got" and how they "really hammered on the sales guy." Who cares! Will those dollars cover the cost of the counseling you'll need once you've hardened into a prideful, grasping jerk? What an empty ego trip. Get a life, you jacks.

Today I took a long drive in a car that I'll likely enjoy for five or six years. I probably paid $500 more than if I had gone for broke and had really been a grinder. But you know what? As I rolled down the road with a smile on my face, I really didn't care.
    Refreshing post (although labeling those who like negotiating as "grinder" probably didn't add anything) ... while some really enjoy that battle for dollars with dealers, many, like you, will kick off their ownership experience more enjoyably by something less than pushing for $500 over invoice. I also have put my first 300 miles on a new M35. What a finely designed, engineered, and manufactured machine.
  • donnyddonnyd Member Posts: 2
    I couldn't agree more. (And you're probably right about the "grinder" tag.)
    I also agree that coming away from a buying experience feeling battered, but getting your 500 over invoice detracts from the experience. Your point about buying a 45,000 car and haggling over 500 is well made. Our culture of paying more for luxury is nothing new, think Neiman Marcus, I would have gladly paid 1000 or 1500 to the dealer for my luxury buying experience. Two things prevented that, first my luxury buying experience was no where to be found. Second, the dealer was greedy and would not settle for less than 3000 profit.(not over invoice, I mean profit) Prior to having the knowledge gained in these forums, I would have been a sheep and paid probably more than 3000 in profit to them. How can I now close my eyes and say "take my money".
    I also have put my first 300 miles on a new M35. What a finely designed, engineered, and manufactured machine.

Sure Charlie, rub it in that I don't have one... :)
  • padgepadge Member Posts: 2
    Hi this is my first time posting and I'm not sure exactly what i'm doing. I'm trying to find if I got a good deal on M35 '06 lease. Openers down, 15K per year, journ, nav, tech, full spare, mats, spoiler for 48,720 = $699/36 mos. What do you think? I didn't p/u the car yet. - thanks :confuse:
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    According to Edmunds, the MSRP of the car you are getting is $49000 and the cost is $44,628. Since the 2007's are expected out in less than 30 days, one would expect some discount of the 2006 M35...let's say the dealer gets a $1000 profit over cost (I've included transportation in the cost already).

Based on the June infiniti rates, the car on a 24 month lease (15K) should cost you about $590 per month plus tax. (the 24 month is the cheapest lease right now).

It would appear that if your credit is good, you are being asked to pay too much on a monthly basis.

I would suggest going back to the dealer and negotiating a better purchase price :). Then have the dealer apply the infinity leasing plan numbers to the deal. Good luck.... You can find the infinity leasing rates and residuals in the M35 lease forum right here...
    What is VPP?
    VPP is Vehicle Purchase Program, it's a program that is usually offered to corporate employees, and other groups, I can utilize it from my employer. My plan offers a discount off MSRP. Good if you are not into digging into the numbers and negotiating. IMO you can do better on your own.
  • dennis30312dennis30312 Member Posts: 3
    I live in Atlanta and leased an M45 Sport last week w/ Technology and Journey. My lease payment is $712.00 including tax, with $2K due at signing, 39 month lease, 12K miles per year. Hope this helps someone negotiate a fair deal.
  • velveteendad1velveteendad1 Member Posts: 36
    Does anyone know the MSRP and Dealer invoice on the different extended warranty plans that Infiniti offers? They only show one option on their website - 7 years/100k miles, but I'd be surprised if there aren't other options available.

If you bought one, what did you pay and for what terms?

I have an '07 on order that's coming in in a few weeks, just trying to have as much info as possible before I get the hard sell from the dealership!

Thanks for any info.
  • prodigousprodigous Member Posts: 7
    I am in the NYC metro area .Please let me know the dealer and person you dealt with.Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• scottobean2scottobean2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi! I'm new to this forum. I currently drive a G35 but was helping a friend
    negotiate on an M35 sport w/tech/journey/factory aero kit. They were able to
    move this unit for a total of 51K OTD. I also started with the internet and only
    continued negotiations over the phone. The key this time was getting a VPP
    authorization. When I bought my G35 Premium/Sports/Spoiler/Underbody Diffuser, I
    paid 33K OTD without VPP. This was in Sept 2004 and the 2005 was on its way out
    with some minor cosmetic improvements. Adding the manufacturer to dealer
    incentives, they were able to drop the price down that time. So if the 2007 are
    on its way, then the end of the month is a good option. If you can get a VPP,
    then the dealerships may be able to work with you and sell you the vehicle and
    maybe do better than VPP. This one came out to be under the "invoice" price.
    Haggling does have its rewards if you're patient. I avoided going into the
    dealership to haggle because this will just cause grief and misery with nothing
    accomplished. At least if it happens over the phone you didn't waste your time
    driving over to the dealerships. If you're in So Ca, I went over to the Santa
    Monica Infiniti. Hope you're able to find your
    car. This wasn't even my car but I learned a little more about car buying from
    this experience. Good luck.
    Don't you have to be a Nissan employee or have a friend or family member who's a Nissan employee to get a VPP authorization?
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    Thanks for the link, this is slightly different than the one I view at the office.(Better!) You might have just made my day.....my company is listed!
  • c5_4func5_4fun Member Posts: 59
    I bought my M35x from Infiniti of Lisle back in Jan. They had a car equipped just about the way I wanted in stock (still wrapped in plastic out back). The price negotiation was pretty clean and quick as I had done my research. The trade-in was slightly better than Kbb and the price on the M35x was at $850 over invoice. I buy a new car every year between my wife and myself and this was about the best experience I've had. The only "issue" I had was after negotiating and settling on a purchase price, I asked about leasing. The lease payment they presented was high and not consistent with what I had researched on this site so I reverted back to buying the car for the negotiated price.
    Here is the link to the non-nissan employee VPP.

http://www.insidenissan.com/vpp/vendor/index.html
  • scottobean2scottobean2 Member Posts: 2
    you'll need to know someone who works for nissan/infiniti. there's 2 levels of vpp. the direct level employee vpp is much better than the friends level. either way it helps to have something like that so you can start your negotiations.
  • gcannongcannon Member Posts: 5
    Thanks to all on this board, especially CarMan, for helping me get a great deal! M35, Journey, Tech, Spoiler, Splash Guards, Trunk Mat, plus "extras": nice custom pin striping, sunroof deflector, tinted windows, wheel locks. MRSP $48,920, plus $200 tinting, and unknown for other extras (estimate $300-500). Discount price: $45,016. With the extras, I believe I paid invoice or below (mgr claimed he was under invoice).
    Leased 24 months, $0 cap reduction. Payment: $579.76 (includes 3% NC tax). Residual 66%, MF .00042. Cash OOP, 1st mo payment, $550 acq fee, $599 Doc Fee, $80 tags.

My local dealer (Charlotte) wouldn't do the deal for less than $669, and then got fairly indignant when I presented him with the deal I would accept (based on $500 over invoice, and all the info gathered here). So I called a dealer about 30 mins away (Lake Norman) on last day of the month, talked to the sales manager and asked him if he wanted to sell an M35 today. Gave him the deal I would accept, he had 2 cars that met my requirements (journey and tech w/Sirius). One had black interior, which doesn't work in the south. The other was black with bourbon interior; however, it had the extras. He didn't even give me a chance to respond and he said ok he'd do the deal! The clincher was that for scheduled maintenance they would drive a loaner to my house, pick up my car, and return it in the same day.

Thanks again for all your help. Now I have to go figure out how to use my new car!
  • gcannongcannon Member Posts: 5
    Failed to mention - 15K miles/year on above M35
  • kmt123kmt123 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know when the 2007's will be in dealers, or has anyone seen one? I was about to select another vehicle based on my wife's complaint that the passenger seat on the 2006 model was very uncomfortable, I am anxious to see if the 2007 meets her requirements before going with an A6 or GS300.
    Should be next week, I'm told. The dealers' system reports it as "week of 7/7", but since 7/7 is a Friday, I don't know if that means the week ending 7/7 or the week starting 7/7.
    The internet rep I am dealing with emailed today that they got 15 2007 M35's in today.
    Where are you located? My dealer (Metro Infiniti in Southern Cal.) told me that they were delayed a week, and my car wouldn't be in until next week.
    I am in South Florida..
  • tazmojtazmoj Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone share the major difference between 2006 and 2007 M35 model ?
  • ram60ram60 Member Posts: 20
    Just an update, I visited a dealer lot in Atlanta this afternoon and sat in a 2007 M45. Interestingly enough I had to argue with the sales rep to see the car. When I first approached him, he claimed the 2007 would not be out for months, I insisted that he check with the manager and sure enough the 2007 M45 had arrived.

I am in the process of getting price quote/ MF / lease terms and will update accordingly.

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.