Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• selvappselvapp Member Posts: 15
    Eusshkr... Hope this gets to you in time, It is too late for me but the internet sales manager at Southwest infiniti in Houston just called me and offered the M35 at $900.00 UNDER invoice if I buy today!I guess it is the end of the month.
    Good luck
  • eusshkreusshkr Member Posts: 25
    selvapp..Just saw your msg, wasn't able to close today as was travelling. Guess your information would be quite helpful in talking to the guys here, but will wait to see what offer comes up in Nov...Thanks again for letting me know on the deal.
  • jo2jo2 Member Posts: 41
    I am looking at the 2007 M45 sport with technology package and sirius radio
    in Los Angeles California
    MSRP 54,500
    Here are the numbers

2500 down
    12,000 miles per year
    24 mos - 781.00/mo
    36 mos - 682.00/mo
  • jinx65jinx65 Member Posts: 9
    I am looking to purchase a 07 M35 Sport w/Tech Package & Aero kit. The dealer quoted me $45,235 (plus tax). This is a purchase with a substantial down payment - no lease because I drive too many miles.
  • tsoltsol Member Posts: 40
    Coleman Infiniti in Bethesda, MD is quoting $500 under invoice on any '07 M35 on their lot so I'd advise you to check Edmunds.com to be sure you're getting a similar deal.
  • finadvfinadv Member Posts: 59
    You should consider a lease anyway. Currently Infiniti is looking to move the 07s and are offering a money factor of .00001 on leases. That's basically, no interest. There is a $1,500 cash back to the dealer on purchases that you won't get on lease, but if you run the numbers, it may still be cheaper to lease. Keep the down payment in a money market getting 4.5% and buy at the end of the lease. Use their money for free.
    Finadv - I live in So. Callif and I do about 45-80 miles per day (except weekends) and that would add up to some serious money because I am sure that I'd go over (isn't it 12-15 thousand?). Plus I am not sure that I'd qualify for a lease.
    tsol - I am in So. Calif and I don't think they are offering anything below invoice. On Edmunds, it giving total invoice (with my options) 45, 232 but the dealer quoted me 45, 235. I take it I should shop a few more dealers? Do I ask if they are offering below invoice or let them throw it out and see if I can work it down from there?
    On a lease there is a Cap Cost, the price you are paying, and a residual value, the value at the end of the lease. You take the difference and divide by the number of months if there is zero interest. That would be your monthly payment. At lease end you can turn it in, plus any extra cost for going over mileage and "excess" wear and tear. You can also just buy the car for the residual value agreed upon at the start of the lease. Mileage and excess wear and tear don't apply if you buy it at lease end. Qualifying for a lease may be another story, but I don't think it's too hard.

Good Luck
    I understand what your saying. That does seem like a good idea and I might have to see if it can be done. They do seem to have alot of lease offers taking place right about now.

Thank you.
  • eusshkreusshkr Member Posts: 25
    I talked to a dealer here in TX and the number I got for lease was MF .0002 and Residual dropped to 49% for 39 months with 15K. This is different from the lease rate mentioned here (.00001). Can someone please post the current residual and mf for M35 RWD for 15K /year. Thanks in advance.
    finadv - The dealer came back to me offering what I wanted for $44, 000 + tax. He previously had it at 45, 295. What do you think? Is this a good deal?
    jinx65,

I looked up the invoice numbers on edmunds on an M35 with tech and aero packages and I came up with $45,200. Keep in mind that that invoice price doesn't include the $1,500 that the dealer is getting from Infiniti. That being said, I think that $1,200 under listed invoice is a @#$% good deal.

Let us know how you do and how you like it.
  • jehanjjehanj Member Posts: 11
    Which dealer in So Cal? Thanks.
    M45 with Tech

$1500 down

10K miles/year (I don't commute far so this is ok)

$600 per month for 26 months

Not looking to purchase at the end of the lease.
    Sorry I am just now responding. Glendale Infiniti. This is what he offered:

The new reduced price is now $ 44.000.00 plus tax.
    For 60 months @ 3.90% with $ 20.000.00 cash down
    your payments would be $ 515.00.
    Thanks for the response.

By way of update, many So Cal dealers are now offering the 2007 M45 with Tech from $46,800 to $48,700.

MF as low as .0008.
  • rbfriedmanrbfriedman Member Posts: 8
    I've been quoted the following in Atlanta, GA for 2007 M35 (base)

Journey, Tech, Adv. Tech w/XM, chrome wheels, splash guards, trunk mat. $44,290 plus tax.

Same thing w/o the chrome wheels, $43,499 + tax.
    Has anyone used the VPP program to purchase an 07 M35 lately? Or any other car? Des anyone know if prices are better with VPP than by just negotiating?

(VPP is Nissan's "Valued Purchaser Program")
    Anyone know what an appropriate price would be for a 2007 M45 Sport w/Tech that has been a "manager demo", so it now has 3500 miles on it?

Many thanks.
    Finadv - I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

I found a 2007 M35 w/6287 miles on it. Its a Sport w/Aerokit, Journey & Tech going for 39, 495. Is that a good deal? Dealer
    jinx65 - I had a great Thanksgiving, lots of food, family, and no hassles with gifts and shopping. The best holiday of the year by far. Hope yours was good also.

Sounds like a good deal, but check edmunds used car pricing to see what the TMV is. TMV is a good indicator of what you should be paying for a used car. I'd also check Kelly's Blue Book at www.kbb.com to see what they think. Then take the lowest price and tell the dealer that's what your paying if it's lower than they are asking.
    Ok, I did kbb and it came back about 45, 620 on edmunds it came back trade-in, private seller, dealer in this order: $36,502 $38,959 $40,988.

It doesn't seem too bad a price and its really in excellent condition.
  • gazenickgazenick Member Posts: 7
    All -- just drove a new 2008 M45 home today...already in love with this car.

Wanted to share info on packages selected and price paid for group FYI as well as to get some input on how competitive the pricing was (relative to your experiences thus far).

Detail:
    - 2008 M45
    - Tech AND Advanced Tech Package
    - Chrome Wheels
    - Spoiler
    - Splash Guards
    - Window Tint

Price paid (before TTL, etc.) -- $58,300

Hope this helps, and thanks for any input re: competitiveness relative to what you may be seeing out there. Worth noting that there weren't just a whole lot of M45's sitting around...most of what was in was pre-sold...
  • bbhcarsbbhcars Member Posts: 1
    2 questions for knowledgeable Infiniti drivers. 1) I've read thru a number of the discussions and get the sense that the Infiniti M35 experiences a number of problems. I've test driven both in 2007 models and really like the car. 2.) I also see that there is a wide range on resale price for comparable car. $31800 for a '07 M35 w/18k miles is the lowest but i've seen the same car listed for as much as $37k ... i'm a believer in getting whatever you can but does anyone have any thoughts on why such a big gap on this car. Thanks
  • dark_katanadark_katana Member Posts: 46
    So, you essentially paid MSRP? I get $57,725 building the car with your options on Infiniti's site. Add in $575 for window tint and you're there.

Did you try and negotiate off MSRP?
    I'd like to know his answer to that question as well. I found no dealer that would negotiate on the '08s as too many '07 still left. I'm sure that especially true with the M45x.

I just traded an early '06 M35x on a leftover/new '07 and paid 1.5% under invoice with a MF of 0.00007 (yes, four zeros). If money were no object, I'd still do what I did as I'm not too fond of the '08 rear-end now that I've actually seen the car in person. Lots of chrome too :( But that's just me ... as they say, "there is no arguing with taste."
  • gazenickgazenick Member Posts: 7
    tsol and dark_k -- you're read's pretty accurate...I believe that negotiating off of MSRP for 2008 M45 will be tough given the somewhat limited supply out there and relatively high demand. Waiting a few months will allow for a bit more movement, I would imagine. Part of the purpose for my post was to get some data points out there but also to see if my read on the current market is accurate.

I imagine that a good deal on a 2007 M35 / M45 wouldn't be too hard to come by, so it's a matter of determining whether it's worth it to you to spring for some extra gadgets and a bit of body redesign between the model years (chrome, changed back end, changed wheels, etc.).

Appreciate any other input from those out there pricing / buying the 2008's (particularly the 45)!
  • bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    I just test drove an 08 M35 Base and was quite impressed. I currently drive an 04 G35 Coupe and am somewhat tired of the rattles and tire issues. Most dealerships are quite slow these days and am sure Infiniti can do deals for the token $500 over invoice. They have a zillion cars in stock and few customers on the lot.
  • mcs19mcs19 Member Posts: 14
    I'm looking to pick up a 2008 m35x with the technology package (in NJ). Edmunds shows invoice at $44,769 with msrp of $48,865. Does anyone have any idea whether it can be picked up at (or under) invoice since it's the end of the year? What's the best I can expect on this car? Also, how does the Infiniti hold up on depreciation when compared to Lexus, BMW etc.? Any help would be appreciated.
  • love2drive1love2drive1 Member Posts: 13
    Infiniti has come a long way.
    It won the Automotive Lease Guide - Luxury Brand Residual Value Award:

You can download the report from:
    https://www.alg.com/default.aspx?sid=29
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    yes, the G35/37 won the "near luxury" category...however the luxury category was won by the BMW 530i, not the Infiniti M
  • oblomovoblomov Member Posts: 9
    When I was shopping around, best I got was $500 over invoice. That's on the East coast.
  • xargsxargs Member Posts: 3
    I just got an '08 M45 with Tech and Advanced Tech for $53,000. MSRP was $56,215. The other nearby dealer I checked offered the same car at $54,715. The car was a swap: this dealer had NO '08 M45s on the lot, and the other dealer had only one, so they still seem to be rare.
    $500 over invoice sounds about right. The dealership I went to today in S.E. Florida is loaded with 07s and will not negotiate for close to invoice until March. I'm in no hurry, but he agrees that there are plenty of dealers that will go for the close to invoice for 08 Ms now. The G37s are also selling for close to invoice and they just came out. The EX 35 is not quite as hot as anticipated so it should be purchased right in the next few months as well. The industry is quite slow and the buyers are totally in control at this point. Invoice buying is here if you shop around.
  • olneymdolneymd Member Posts: 23
    Just picked up an 08 M35. MSRP was 47,215. and I paid 45,215 before taxes, tags, etc. Dealer only had 4 in stock, and 1 07 model.

Definitely like the front and rear refreshing - especially when you compare them side by side. The HDD based navigation system is fast to recalculate, but I'm told they removed quite a few voice commands. Surprised that the door locks don't automatically lock/unlock like most cars in this price range. Oh well - every vehicle lacks for something I guess.

Don't know if this is a good price, but we're happy with the car so far.
    I'm surprised the dealer near you had so few cars to choose from. The dealership here has over 37 2008 Ms to choose from. Good luck with your car.
    Hey Olneymd ... where did you get your car? I'm in Annapolis and have pretty good luck with Sheehy but think Coleman in Bethesda probably a bit less.

Does you car respond to the navi voice command "destination home?"
  • olneymdolneymd Member Posts: 23
    Bought mine in Naples, FL. A very different market down here.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    In case you haven't noticed, gas is over $3 a gallon, real estate prices are way down and the stock market has lost 7% since the beginning of the year. In that environment, I can almost guarantee you that your local car dealer is not exactly racing to make deposits in his bank account. While they would love you to believe that M's are hot and they only sell at list, the reality is that Infiniti and the dealers aren't even advertising the M..their ads focus on the EX,FX and the G's. Clearly, the way to bargain in this environment is to tell the dealer I will pay $500 over invoice....and if he says no, hand him your phone number and tell him to call if he needs to put food on his table this month. You might drop by the sales manager, thank him for the help of the salesman, tell him your position and give him your number too.

Don't be bullied into paying too much or helping a dealer dump the 07's that he over ordered (or more likely undersold because he thinks he can sell for list price even in this market).
  • landru64landru64 Member Posts: 1
    so.... all that said, what do we think 07 M35s should be selling for? a local dealer has several left and i can't imagine they're moving too quickly....
  • stevemc2stevemc2 Member Posts: 4
    MSRP $42,375, Paid $35,200 plus TTL. No other fees. Last base model in inventory.
    is what I keep getting from promotional e-mail from local dealer. I paid under invoice in November, but they are much less than that now.
  • arnold14arnold14 Member Posts: 22
    That's a great deal for a new M35. Did you get any options included for $35,200?
  • joehiojoehio Member Posts: 1
    I'm also in Jersey ( Garwood), not fat from you. Friends have been buying at the dealership in Summit, claim they got their best deals (numerous cars) there.
    I hit Ray Catena in Bridgewater, still have a while to go for current lease to expire (wife's car), then debating on leasing or buying.
    Lots of luck to you.
  • abelloabello Member Posts: 12
    I'm in Southern CA. I just got this quote on M35 RWD W/Tech
    MSRP $47,375
    Dealer price $43,826
    $1,500 Down
    12,000 miles
    24 Months Money factor 0.000660
    $632 + Tax
    -------------------------------
    Same Down for all
    36 Months
    $613 + Tax
    Money factor 0.001170
    -----------------------------------
    39 Months
    $597 + Tax
    Money factor 0.001370
  • gryangryan Member Posts: 35
    Catena in Edison nj is offering me a m35 awd with msrp of $49,025 for $45,000 and i am considering a 24 month lease with 18000 mileds per year payment would be 799 per month. they also offered to sell a 2007 with msrp of 51725 for 44000 but i passsed on that offer. still wavering between gs350 and m35
  • mike001mike001 Member Posts: 15
    The car buying process is flustrating ?!
    I have a GS300 , 1999 ..really like the car/ but it's time to look at something different .I do not like the 08 Lexus GS 300 & the LS 460 is a bit steep in $$ price !!
    I have an Infinity dealer in central Florida that is wanting to make me a " deal " on a new 2007 M45 sport.
    This car is nice / has great reviews from what I can determine ?
    Very nice interior ( don't really like the alumnium trim on the one we are discussing , silver with black interior other wise looks good )...and with very minimal research have determined the 2008 has a significant upgrade to the technology package vs. the 2007 model ....in terms of NAV , 9.3 gig hard drive , iPod dock , sound system ..ect ..ect ..which to me represents a major deduct from the 08 price ....not to mention it's well over a year old sitting on the lot with less than 100 miles.
    I totally agree with your point / opinion about the " state of the economy " as it relates buying a car in today's economic times ...the car lot seems almost empty when I was there other than people getting cars serviced

....and YES the dealer makes it seem as if these cars really hold their value and I am not really giving up with a great " deal " on a 2007 ??... since I do not want to lease and intend to keep my cars for a longer period of time ,..ect..ect ..ect ..

What would be a very good deal that borders on " low ball " offer for that particular car ?
    is the going rate in DC area with 1.9% financing on purchases. This means a good $6k under MSRP sticker. Good luck with your search.

I know what you mean about the aluminum on the M45, but I think most people get used to it ... of course those with sportier taste love it.
  • mike001mike001 Member Posts: 15
    thanks for your feedback ...I recived a voice mail from the dealer saying they take 46 K plus Tax, Tag ...ect..ect

again an 07 model, with less technology than the 08 ...seems as if they could get more agressive on their price ??
This discussion has been closed.