Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abelloabello Member Posts: 12
    I'm in Southern CA. I just got this quote on 2008 Infiniti M35 RWD W/Tech

MSRP $47,375
    Dealer price $43,826
    $1,500 Down
    12,000 miles
    24 Months Money factor 0.000660
    $632 + Tax
    -------------------------------
    Same Down for all
    36 Months
    $613 + Tax
    Money factor 0.001170
    -----------------------------------
    39 Months
    $597 + Tax
    Money factor 0.001370

How much lower can I get from $43,826
    and witch lease option should makes more sence
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    You will save about $360 over the life of the 24 month lease by taking that $1500 and making multiple security deposits rather than using it as a down payment.

Let's look at the 24 monthy lease: You have to take into account that the $1500 down is really an additional $1500/24=62.50 a month that you are just paying up front....you don't get it back. So your current quote is actually $632+62.50=$694 per month, some of which you are just prepaying up front. Using that same $1500 to make 2 security deposits drops the monthly cost to $682 a month....and you get that $1500 back at the end of the lease.

That makes much more sense...no matter what length lease you get. Don't be fooled by a low monthly payment with a large down payment. Always divide the downpayment by the term of the lease and add it to whatever the quoted monthly cost is....that will give you the real monthly cost.

In every case I have looked at, you are better off taking any money you would have put down on a lease (cash or trade in) and using it to make multiple security deposits instead (this only applies to leasing companies that 1)allow you to make multiple security deposits and 2) reduce the money factor by at least .0001 for each security deposit...like Infiniti) (note, there are a very small number of states that do not allow multiple security deposits).
  • abelloabello Member Posts: 12
    Is it foolish to lease a vehicle (beacuse lower payment) when you think you will buy it at end of the lease?

24 Month lease at 0.000660 $1,500 Down 632+Tax
    Sales Price for M35 Sedan W/Tech $42,651

Am I making a terrible desition? Infiniti is offering 2.9% for 60 moths
    $5K down $764 for 60 months
  • a4caba4cab Member Posts: 6
    Looking to lease a 2008 Infiniti M45x with tech pkg and advanced tech package.
    Want 36 mo./15K mile lease. Cannot seem to find any information on what pricing is like. I would like to have some ammunition prior to going to my local Nashua, NH dealer and begin the negotiation process. Any help would be fantastic!
  • cdreiercdreier Member Posts: 9
    I'd like the answer to this as well. It seems everyone here leases rather than buys. I'm retired and, unless something totally unexpected happens, plan to keep the car for at least five or more years.
  • skiimeskiime Member Posts: 1
    I just got a new 2007 M35. I had been looking for one in Umbria Gray with the Wheat interior here in Atlanta, but no one had what I wanted. I did some research and found that Modern Infiniti in Winston Salem, NC had two of them with exactly what I wanted. I thought I would let you all know the deal I got, because I am pretty happy with my purchase. I paid $36.5K, and with taxes, tags, etc, the OTD price came to $39.5K. This is with the Journey and Technology package. Sticker was $46.9K. I think I got a good deal, and my salesman could not have been better. I know it's a 2007, but for the price, I couldn't see paying that much more for a 2008.
  • mcribmcrib Member Posts: 19
    Test drove a loaded 08 M45S today, the price was 57k then the manager came in offered 55k and was like how about if I say 50k.

I was really looking at 550i, e550 and the LS460 so I told him I couldn't decide right then in there. The car is a nice ride for the price.
  • bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    I was offered a 2008 M35 (rear wheel drive, not 4WD) with Sport Package. It also had the Technoloty package. Car also had NAV system. Pretty much loaded. Giving the dealer $1,000 for a 39 month lease with 15K miles/year, price per month they quoted was $670 plus tax. That sounded kind of high to me. What should this car lease for with that little money down and 15K miles/year?
  • jdurocherjdurocher Member Posts: 1
    I bought an 06 M35 yesterday because of the Infiniti name, and my past experience w infiniti, but it seems that on this site at least, you folks are having some issues. Should I expect pain or pleasure from this car? Thanks - I paid $28,500 including TTL and its loaded. has 40k miles FYI.
  • arnold14arnold14 Member Posts: 22
    That sounds like a good deal. I got an 06 M35 with 62,850 miles for $24,900 including CA sales tax, registration and the extended 100,000 mile warranty. It came with all the major options except navigation and a DVD Player. I've gone about 2,500 miles and it runs great, no problems except the rotors are warped so there is some steering wheel shake when braking at over 60 mph.
  • tsoltsol Member Posts: 40
    in my experience (I unloaded an '06 M35X) the rotors are not the problem. I don't know what IS the problem, but several turned rotors and new rotors did not fix the problem. It may be related to the steering rack as my '07 has the new rack (the '06 has known problems with the rack and "nibbling" on center steering ... needs constant steering input) and zero shimmy problems. Maybe you'll be luckier than I.
  • arnold14arnold14 Member Posts: 22
    I heard that the steering rack problem is only with the sport model, not the base model that I have. I'm going to need new front and rear brakes with rotor turning this year (65,500 miles on original brakes and rotors) and if that doesn't fix the shaking problem, then I'll get a new steering rack under the extended warranty.

Also, if the steering rack is the problem then why doesn't the steering wheel shake all the time over 60 mph, not only when using the brakes?
  • ilikecars08ilikecars08 Member Posts: 1
    Turned in my leased 2006 M35 two months early and bought a 2008 M35S with Tech package. Even with the dealer having to pay the last two lease payments on the 2006 M35, I was able to get him down to $46,186 off a $49,505 MSRP. Edmunds has the invoice on this car at $45,197 and TMV at $48,040 so I thought I was doing pretty good considering the net out of the lease was probably slightly negative with the residual plus two remaining lease payments. The current Infiniti financing deal of 2.9% for 60 months (thru 3/31) seemed to be worth about $3,000 in buying power (price of car to get same monthly payment) compared to typical new car interest rates currently available on some of the other cars in this class.

I went with the 2008 M35 because I liked the 2006 M35 that I drove for 34 months and the pricing at this time seemed to be right considering the current new car market.

:):)
  • capoanycapoany Member Posts: 32
    I had the steering rack replaced on my 06 M35 Sport, and there is a world of difference. Solid on line feel, far less input needed on typical roads. I know it's not intuitive that this would meake a diff, but it clearly does. Anyone with this year/ model who experiences the jerky steering and groove tracking reported here should get it done.
    Also replaced the Bridgestones with Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons- the only A/S tire made in the oddball 245/40/19" size...highly recommended, tremendous improvement in ride and noise.
  • jeff721jeff721 Member Posts: 80
    Looking to turn in my 06 M35X for a New 08 M35X. I have the Xenon lights, Bluetooth, heated and cooled seats and the back up camera. Currently paying 595.00 mo for 39 months 15K. I am over milage by 2K. I have until September 8th but I would go earlier.

I would like the same equipment on the same car but with a 36 or 39 month lease. What are the best deal anyone has gotten recently?

Thanks,
  • blov8rblov8r Member Posts: 567
    If you've got the scratch to buy a $45,000 luxury car, haggling like some Arab rug trader on the streets of Instanbul over a little McMoney is not only unseemly, it's idiotic.

I got a huge chuckle out of this post ... and you're so right. On the eve of the turn of the century my wife and I took our kids and son-in-law on a Caribbean cruise ... 3 staterooms and I needn't point out that it cost me a hefty chunck of cash. There was a duty free shop at the port where liquor could be purchased to take on board. There we stood ... hundreds of us ... waiting for our names to be called to pick up our stash ... to save $5? To save $10? I suddenly started laughing ... and was asked what I found to be so funny. All I had to say was: "How much did you pay to be on this cruise?" Then most of the rest of the skinflints started laughing with me. :shades:
    Jeff ... Infiniti will waive the over mileage for you as an incentive to get another Infiniti. I started receiving mail from them in January/February with special incentives to stay with their brand. They're also giving a $2000 "credit" this month to keep you in an Infiniti (applies to the M, the new EX, and the QX only). I don't know the dollar amount or this month's lease figures but you do have some leverage. My Infiniti dealer says that 24 month leases can be less costly than 36 -39 month leases, and I suspect you're like me ... I'm in month 37 and itching to move on just for a change. My next lease will be 24 months ... unless I buy.

Bart :shades:
  • madradmadrad Member Posts: 32
    What's the lowest number of months anyone has been able to lease an M series?My current M35x lease is 21 months and even I'm really itching to get rid of it--only 2 months to go. ANy other luxury brands willing to go 18-21 months? I'm in the Chicago area.
    The shortest term lease I've seen is 24 months but my guess is that a creative sales/lease manager can structure a shorter one if he's so motivated. I have seen 18 months, but that was a "bridge lease" on a MB SUV because the body style was about to change ... that was four years ago. If I had my druthers, I'd sign up for a fixed dollar amount monthly and roll over into a new car every 12 months, but the only way that could/would work would be with a dealer (or leasing company) that deals in a number of different product lines. Drive the Infiniti for a year, a Lexus, then a Jag ... just rotating for the luxury of having new all the time. Bart :shades:
  • djrampage7djrampage7 Member Posts: 13
    Hey all,

I'm about to start shopping around for a lease on an Infiniti M35 with the sport and tech package. I put some numbers in the calculator leaseguide and am coming up wiht about $630 a month.. thats with $0 down and 7% sales tax.

That seems kinda high, considering that I've read some posts on here about people getting lease deals at around $550 a month.

Just curious to see what other deals people are getting before I walk into the lion's den.
    You can lower any of the prices given to you by Inifiniti dealers by making multiple security deposits....which drops the Money Factor by .0001 per extra security payment (keep in mind that this is a "loan" which you get back at the end of the lease vs a downpayment which you don't get back and which doesn't lower your money factor at all). Make sure you ask about multiple security deposits and if they (claim to ) know nothing about them, ask for the finance manager. If they still claim there is no such thing, walk out.
  • mikesmithtx644mikesmithtx644 Member Posts: 13
    I was just offered a lease rate on a 2008 M35 w/tech package of $630 per month for 36 months nothing down - $0. The dealer also says there in window tint and wheel locks included - for what ever that's worth. This seems pretty good to me, but I broke the cardinal Rule and deviated my negotiation from the purchase price & interest rate to the monthly payment. What do you all think about this deal?
  • djrampage7djrampage7 Member Posts: 13
    I was offered $0 down $528 a month for a 39 month, 10,000 a year lease.

Total due at signing was $3576, which included first month payment, tax, bank fee and destination charge.

Tax for me was around $1500.
    bank fee and destination charges should be rolled into the lease. Otherwise, they are just giving you a fancy explaination of a down payment. Don't do it. The only things you should pay up front are registration fees, any state required taxes...and, of course, the first months lease payment.
    get your eye back on the total cost. This doesn't sound like a great deal to me. What is the capitalized cost (there are incentives right now...check edmunds). What's the interest rate? what's the residual?

I think you might find the 24 month lease is, once again, the cheapest way to drive this car.....have your dealer run all the cases....don't focus on monthly payments.
    I left out that the lease was for 12,000mi/yr. (MSRP is 47,815) I was told the residual was 52% with .00152 MF. I was initially quoted 44,700 included the $1,000 incentive with bank fees of $754 (no taxes) and got a quote for $693. After that offer the conversation went to the payment, which dropped to $659, then to $630. I do not put down anything at all - first payment is a month later.

Not sure if more was taken off the car or the residual was increased. 52% seemed very low to me.

I don't know how these numbers were arrived upon, but I will before I sign.

I would welcome comment. Thanks to all for their feedback. I'll provide details if/when I do the deal.
  • finadvfinadv Member Posts: 59
    Does anyone know what you need to show to qualify for the $1,000? I'm trying to sell my car privately so I don't get ripped off on the trade in. If I sell it before I buy the M35X, will I then not qualify for the $1,000? Do you need to show a valid title, reg or do you just get the $1,000 no matter what? Anyone have any experience on this?

Thanks!!
  • red_emronred_emron Member Posts: 10
    Show a copy of a current registration, they (the dealer & the factory) have no idea if you right that minute own the car. All they need is the registration to cover their (you know what) BTW I got $625@39 months with 15000 miles ayear in Atlanta on my M35X. I showed my my registration and got the $1000.
    I live in Knoxville Tennessee by the way, Well worth the drive to Atlanta

Infiniti of Gwinnett is northeast of Atlanta an hour & half from South Carolina line

I got their name from another forum with great results
    I did everything over the internet/phone :)
  • cdreiercdreier Member Posts: 9
    I have a question. If you live in a neighboring state and buy in Atlanta, must you pay the Georgia's state tax, or can you pay the state tax for where you live and where the car will be registered - the tax is substantially less(South Carolina)? Thanks.
    My only experience on this topic is when I bought my Harley Davidson Fatboy motorcycle in Oklahoma ( I live in Dallas). I was not charged sales tax in OK, but had to pay Texas' sales tax when I registered for tags. Not sure if this varies by state, I am sure the dealership will tell you though.

Another oddity was that OK law wouldn't allow me to charge the vehicle purchase on a credit card, so I had to write a check. I know this was not a dealership decision.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    Bought an '07 M35 Base with 19k miles on it for 30,998 +TTL also got about an extra 2 grand on my trade. Pretty happy with the deal.
  • smokin1smokin1 Member Posts: 2
    I'm getting mixed messages from different dealers. Can I put either the 19" Infiniti Sport Wheels or 19" custom wheels on an AWD M??
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    I went to the tire shop and saw a 2006 M35X being equipped with 22" wheels so I don't think the 19's will be a problem
  • smokin1smokin1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your response. I called the Infiniti parts manager in Florida who told my Ebay seller that the Mx (AWD) couldn't take 19" or larger wheels. He said that the "official" Infiniti engineering word is that the car might not perform exactly as designed.....not that the wheels would not work. I wish I had received that word in the beginning. Now you confirm that 22" wheels work...so why not 19"s? :confuse:
  • fjd3fjd3 Member Posts: 2
    just bought a new '08 M45X with Tech. Paid $52,043 (invoice -$1,000 for conquest program). financed purchase through infiniti at 1.9%. felt like i did really well until I got to signing docs when they offered prepaid maintenance package. I know better. against my better judgement, bought their premium maintenance package for $2,200. Covers all regular maintenace over 4 years, 60K miles. Supposedly, the normal cost is $2700, gave it to me at their cost. In addition, if you follow infiniti's recommended maintenace schedule over 60k miles, it will cost $4,000. seemed to make sense, now I am having a bit of buyer's remorse (at least i was able to finance it--1.9% is pratically free money). thoughts on price and prepaid maintenance? thanks guys. fjd
    If you follow the recommended maintenance at your dealer, you probably got an OK buy. Personally, I refuse to pay for all the "inspections" that are included in the "standard" service packages...and I do what is needed. I do get the oil changed/lube at the dealer because the non dealers miss lube points....and I look over the "standard" mileage based package to see if there is something I really should do. I never never never put in additives...I even went so far once to make the dealer drain and refill the oil before I took the car because he put in an additive I didn't want.

I do rotate and rebalance my tires...making sure they tighten them by hand...I've had too many rotors bent by power drivers. I don't care what they tell you, no tire shop I"ve ever seen actually tests their nut drivers....very few even know how. Alignments when needed. And I will do an alignment if I see uneven tire wear or feel the car pulling (could be brakes...l get both checked).

This approach to maintenance costs me a lot less. For the most part, all these cars really need is changing the oil and lubrication, keeping an eye on things like belts/noises and taking some care of the tires. I have never changed brake fluid, radiator fluid, steering fluid in my life....but then again I never keep a car over 60K miles where you might think about doing all that stuff once...and you're into changing the timing chain type of stuff.
  • chemichaelchemichael Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at purchasing a 2008 M35 with the basic technology package. trying to get an idea what people have paid (excluding tax, tag, fees, etc). Thanks in advance.
    Infiniti has a "conquest" program going on thru next month where they will give you $1000 to apply to the lease or purchase of an M...($2000 if you already own an infiniti). You should be able to do a deal at very close to invoice (non infiniti owner), or well under invoice for an infiniti owner.
  • ram60ram60 Member Posts: 20
    All,

I have seen questions about the Multiple Security Deposit and whether it is returned if a car is totaled. The answer is yes. To make a long story short, I cracked up an 06 M45 sport Tech in the final two months of a 24 mth lease.
    The Insuranced totaled it and I am just finished dealing with IFS. While a painful, unpleasent process, they did return the 2 security deposits that I had used to buy down the Money Factor. ( ghstudio - I thought of you and thanked you out loud for keeping me from buying down the cap cost to get a lower monthly payment)

Question:

Do we have the money factor and Residual value for 24, 36,39 mths on the 08 M35 and M45 sport sedans? I looked but don't seem to find them.

Thanks for your help.... This is a great forum

Cheers,
    I'm at the tail end of my M35 lease and this time am going to buy, not lease. I like change and therefore have driven just about everything out there ... but keep coming back to another M35. I can't find "invoice" anywhere on line so I'm flying semi-blind in my negotiations. I also cannot get a clear answer about the application of the $2K loyalty money. Does that apply only to leases, or is it another $2K that I will receive off negotiated sales/purchase price? I believe it is applicable to both but the local dealer doesn't speak in simple declarative sentences. In all likelihood I will have to make my purchase in Phoenix where there are several Infiniti dealers ... v. only one here in Tucson.

Thanks for the help.

Bart :shades:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• djdezdjdez Member Posts: 110
    About that $2000 loyalty - I also can't seem to get a straight answer. ALL of the dealers in my area are saying it's good on a purchase ONLY. My lease on my M35x ends next month and dealers have been scrambling to get me to close on a G35x or EX35 this month. I was just about there, but I think I'll wait, rather than make a payment on a car I'll no longer have.

I kinda crossed the M off the list because it will be at least $100 MORE per month to lease than my payment now - unless of course, something drastic happens in June.

But if anyone can clarify the whole $2000 loyalty thing, I'd really appreciate it!
  • ram60ram60 Member Posts: 20
    The $2,000 Loyality can be used for a lease or a purchase. I leased an 0 M35 sport / tech/ advanced tech three days ago. The dealer applied the 2,000 to reduce the cap cost and I walked out paying down only the first month and the taxes on the 2000 rebate.

For reference my monthly note is 625.00

The increase you are experiencing is all about the 61% residual ( down from 65% a few years back). Good Luck!
  • walt18walt18 Member Posts: 54
    How much do you think I can get a fully loaded 2009 M45 premium package RWD for cash money under invoice? If the price is the same as the 2008 M45 premium RWD. MSRP is $61,270 don't know the invoice.
    Why do you think you'll be able to buy an 09 M for less than invoice? The deals now are on the 08's to get them off the lots. The 09's will sell for normal over invoice prices for a while...at least until the 08's are gone.
    chemichael: I just bought that very car yesterday. Using the $2K loyalty money I got it for $1,500 below invoice, or $500 above invoice before the $2K. That includes full window tinting (essential here in AZ) which is a $250 - $300 add-on. It happens to have been the last day of the month and two hours before closing time with no customers in sight. Whether that helped squeeze the price down ... or was simply coincidental ... I can't opine.

Hope that helps.

Bart :) :shades:
  • walt18walt18 Member Posts: 54
    I was just wondering. Thanks for the input.
    I picked up my '08 M Monday ... when my '06 went off lease. I believe the A/C to be materially better than the '06. I didn't get the sport this time and am pleased with the softer and more quiet ride. Overall ... I'm a great fan of the M in all iterations. Bart :shades:
  • madradmadrad Member Posts: 32
    Can you give details about list price, price paid and any other financial details...many thanks.
    msrp was 47,800-ish and invoice was 43,400-ish. I don't have the precise numbers but these are pretty near exact. Bart :shades:

BTW: They've deleted the ability to control the radio and A/C with voice commands. Strikes me as stoooopid, but not a big deal.
This discussion has been closed.