Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• blov8rblov8r Member Posts: 567
    They've taken a significant step backward with the voice commands. You can no longer say "temperature 74" or "790 AM" and get a response. Now you get a speach from the wench in the dash who wants you to pick from a list of options .. to which you respond .. and that prompts her where to go for additional prompts. Most annoying and a major regression from a far more user-friendly system. Salesman tells me that ALL of his repeat buyers are complaining. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a retro fix of the software; then again, if they haven't offered it by now they likely will not. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. :mad: :shades:
  • djdezdjdez Member Posts: 110
    Bart, so you finally decided to stick with a new M - you purchased this time instead of leasing, correct? I still can't see WHY they removed the Voice Recognition and Backup Camera - in order for me to keep that, I gotta get the Tech Package now, and it brings the price up over $50k MSRP. The lease is just too expensive. I actually just got off the phone with IFS and decided to have them send me out the paperwork to extend the lease - I can go up to three months, initially if I want - which would take me into October. Maybe that deal that I got now will be available again - who knows. With Gas Prices and the economy, I'm willing to roll the dice.

I did get really good lease offers on a G35x ($40,675 MSRP) or EX35 ($43,725) for 24 months for this month - payments around $460/month (tax included) with just inceptions due at signing on either car. So, I'm kinda confused as to what to do. I'd be giving up some cool features that the M has (cooled seats, tilt mirrors, 6 disc in-dash, etc) if I downgraded and went with one of those. Perhaps I'll just ride it out and see what happens.
  • bw45sportbw45sport Member Posts: 151
    Salesman tells me that ALL of his repeat buyers are complaining. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a retro fix of the software; then again, if they haven't offered it by now they likely will not.

I posted a response to a similar question on the 2009 M thread. Unfortunately, there is nothing to fix. It's not a software "problem".

I was told that part of the reason for dumbing down the system was too many complaints from people that they didn't get the result they were seeking (confusing oh for home,...yadda yadda). Carping from a few about misunderstood numbers, names, etc. apparently caused Infiniti to rethink their implementation of voice activated commands. I think that it's terribly unfortunate because I have yet to find a voice recognition system that worked as well as Infiniti's.

For all I know, litigation regarding some of the voice functionality may have been involved as well. As I mentioned in my post on the other thread, the original functionality of the voice system is available on cars delivered to all markets (Canada, Europe, and wherever else they are now selling) EXCEPT for the United States.

Because of the unbelievable residuals I opted this time for a G37 Coupe rather than the M. Check your M manual, but if it is like the manual for the G, all the commands you were used to are still listed. At some point they note, however, that certain commands are available on Canadian cars only.

I love the G and have been truly impressed by the products Infiniti has been putting out but I certainly wish that the full featured command set that I had on the M was still available. It wasn't perfect but it was better at voice recognition than any commercially available system I have experienced. Alas, sometimes complaints and litigation do nothing but dilute the richness of products/services available to us.

Be forewarned, the coffee you are about to drink is hot!
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    I love gadgets and I've had an M for 2 years. I think I used the tune radio function once, the passenger temperature once and so on. I have no trouble reaching over and changing the temperature or working the radio. I use the voice for the phone and for navigation.

I have to disagree about the greatness of the navigation system. One of my biggest problems with the system is that I have to enter the city before the address. I am often going to an area that is borderline...between two cities and a county and I have to guess which one...if I'm wrong, I have to reenter everything and try again. The new mercedes system allows me to enter the street and then gives me a selection of towns. That would incredibly helpful.

I also hate the services implementation because when I am on a freeway, I want to see the choice of restaurants at the next exit to see if I want to get off...not just the first page. I don't know about you, but pulling off on the side of an interstate to find what type of restaurants are at the next exit isn't my idea of safety.
    I still can't see WHY they removed the Voice Recognition and Backup Camera - in order for me to keep that, I gotta get the Tech Package now, and it brings the price up over $50k MSRP

DJDEZ: They did NOT remove the backup camera and voice recognition. How are you figuring $50K+? Are you looking at the advanced tech package, the Sport, or the X? Mine listed under $48K. I got the base M w/ the basic lower end tech package that DOES include the backup camera and voice recognition. Backup camera's great, and for an old guy with a stiff neck it makes life easier. The voice prompts are different now ... a bit more cumbersome in some respects but overall probably have more available functions. However, for me all I really care about is the ability to regulate my A/C and radio with voice commands and dial pre-programmed phone numbers so the modifications have no material advantage to me. Yes, I did consider extending my lease while continuing to shop but once I settled on a new M I pulled the trigger figuring I wouldn't do significantly better later this summer. Bart :shades:
    You obviously do a great deal more driving than I do and therefore have more need for prompts. My wife's Lexus and my M have never failed to satisfy our needs. But again, between us we drive ~ 10K miles a year. Bart :shades:
  • djdezdjdez Member Posts: 110
    Bart, I should have stated that I have an M35x (2006) and the Backup Camera and Voice Recognition as well as Xenon lights were standard features back then. I currently do NOT have Navigation. Now, in order to keep those features on a 2008 M35x (base MSRP is $45650 before destination) you need to add the Xenon/AFS Package at $800 and the Tech Package which has the Backup Camera, Voice Recongnition and Navigation (which I don't really need) and that is $3350 -- so the sticker is now over $50k, to get the same car (except for the Navigation which would now be an extra feature for me since it's included).

Thus, the lease is at least $100 more per month and I can't see paying that - hell, I'm tryin to LOWER my payment! That's why I've been looking at the G35x and EX35 ...

Maybe they'll raise the $2k to $3k in a few months, so I'm entertaining extending my lease for now.
    My last M was an '06 Sport w/ tech, journey, aero and an msrp of ~ 51K. I skipped the Sport, advanced tech to keep the price to the sub 48K msrp and am quite happy with the new base + tech. Bart :shades:
  • bw45sportbw45sport Member Posts: 151
    I have to disagree about the greatness of the navigation system.

I made no comment on Infiniti's navigation system. My remarks were solely about the quality of their voice recognition software.

Mentioning navigation though, I noticed that the G no longer requires a city to be entered (one of your complaints). Enter the street name and a list of the cities in your current region with that street name appear.

The listing of only one page of addresses, restaurants, gas stations, motels, etc., while in motion could be bothersome for some. Had they left the voice recognition system as it was this could have easily been solved by a next page previous page voice command.

As for the other commands? I used the tune radio all the time. Presets were absolutely unnecessary when you could simply speak the station you wished to hear.
    Presets were absolutely unnecessary when you could simply speak the station you wished to hear.

Agreed. Now I need to go to the RTM option (read the manual). I hate that. I don't have the patience. Bart :) :shades:
  • mdbpetry1mdbpetry1 Member Posts: 14
    Please give me some feedback on the "best" internet price I have received from 4 local Boston dealers.

08 M35X Slate Blue w/Tech. Package, Xenon, Splash Guards, Trunk Matt

MSRP $50,835
    Invoice $46,480

Price $44,867 (includes $1K rebate and destination charge)

Plus $300 Doc Fee

Is this a good deal?

All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Don
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a large finance magazine is looking to speak to consumers who just purchased a new Infiniti M35. If you’re interested in speaking to the reporter, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than June 23, 2008.
  • ltcadviserltcadviser Member Posts: 38
    I want the same car. $625 +tax or tax included.?? How many months/miles?

What dealership?

What was capitalized cost, and adjusted capitalized cost, and MF.
  • lthaley756lthaley756 Member Posts: 21
    I have found 3 used M 35 2007

Year Miles List price

2007 14.5K $31995

2007 19K $31998

2007 22.5K $33995

I am also looking at new

What would you offer on the above used cars and how much would I pay for a base
    M35 listed at $44.5K

I am an infiniti owner now
  • mdbpetry1mdbpetry1 Member Posts: 14
    I am closing my deal today on the new M35 listed in my earlier post. Based on my experiences pricing the car with several dealers in New England, I think you should be able to get the car for $2500 - $3000 below invoice, including your $2000 rebate. Since I am not a current infiniti owner I only got the $1000 rebate.

There is also 2.9% financing available for new cars.

Sorry I can't help on the used car front.
  • dallaspatentdallaspatent Member Posts: 10
    What would be a good net cash price to buy a 2008 M45 2WD with zero options? I'm not a current Infiniti owner. Can I expect to pay about $1000 to $2000 below invoice price including the rebate? I'm in Dallas but could buy anywhere. I'm in no rush. No trade-in or financing.

I have never seen a M45 on the streets anywhere and no one seems to talk about them in the forums. My local dealer did not have one in the showroom and said the M35 is the biggest sedan they sell. Does Infiniti really make the M45?
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    The difference is the M35 has a V6, while the M45 has a V8 engine. The body is the same.
  • dulfelderdulfelder Member Posts: 10
    Hey big D. I drive a 2006 M35X with 26.5 miles. Need the awd in New England. Like it a lot but wish it had a 6th and/or 7th gear because at 70 mpg the rpms are close to 3000. I average 19.5 overall mpgs and alternate 89 octane with 93. Have nitro. in the tires and keep them nearly full. See a few M45s around here. They have the V8 and maybe larger trunk but at $4.20+ gas a V8 seems like a luxary. The v6 is quick but not quiet. Car is safe, very comfortable and fun to drive. Got much better tires at 17.5 and they've been much quieter and stickier. I'd buy another Infiniti but not until they have 6 plus gears. I believe the X50 has 7 speeds so the 2009 M's probably will. Good luck. D. Ulfelder
  • walt18walt18 Member Posts: 54
    For cash money you should be able to get it for less than the invoice. Here are the number factors on a 2008 M45 with no options: $46,163 this is invoice price so my thought is (cash talks bull crap walks) I think you should be able to get it for at least 42K or 43K cash money depending on what car company you go to. I would call around to different dealerships and make them compete against one another to see who would give you the best deal. Thats what I am doing with getting my 2009 M45 which come out in October I am buying mine cash money so if I have to get mine from a dealer out of NC to get the best deal that's what I am going to do.
    I wish you the best on getting your brand new M45.
  • ltcadviserltcadviser Member Posts: 38
    Walt, I understand your "cash is king logic" but that is not how the car business works.

I am currently a certified financial planner, but in a "former life" I was in New Car F&I, and New Car sales.

New Car managers and sales people get paid off of the gross that they hold.

It is irrelevant whether you are leasing or buying, putting $1000 down and financing $45000, or stroking a $46000 check

Each car has an invoice, holdback, maybe some dealership retro bonus money for hitting a monthly target, etc.
    General sales managers get paid off of Front end gross, and back end gross (the money the F&I dept. makes for selling you a rate a point or two over buy rate, pushing a warranty, or glass etch, or whatever.

The F&I dept gets paid on the back end gross only.

The GMs get paid off of the whole dealership

Everybody is working their pay plan, which is based on gross profit held.

The actual bottom line is that in reality if you are paying cash money the dealership loses a possible three or four hundred dollar flat fee that a financing bank might have paid the dealership for steering the deal to them, even if you financed at the buy rate. So, there is positively less incentive to give a cash buyer a better deal than someone who is financing, because there is no back end gross opportunity.

Still, I remember many times that people will say, "What if I pay cash"

I used to always laugh inside, and think..."If you only knew"
    I didn't know that. My question to you is if I pay cash money for a fully loaded M45 (premium) I would not get as good a deal as I would financing it. That seems so weird. But what about all the finance charge that is added to the deal when you finance the car.
    All the finance charge :) I just leased an M35 for a mf of .00002 which is $1.50 a month interest.
  • lthaley756lthaley756 Member Posts: 21
    you mentioned they get paid for financing- does this include Infiniti financing such as the current 2.9 or 3..9%?
    which is better? paying cash money or financing to get a great deal?
    irrespective of spiffs, under the table payments, kickbacks and holdbacks, I believe you can always get the best deal with cash. If the finance company is kicking something back to the dealer, you are paying for it...etc.

The exception to this is when there is manufacturer money that applies to financing or leasing, but not to cash. Then it gets interesting. One other option I''ve used is when there is money for buying but not for leasing, don't use manufacturer leasing. Years ago I had a Nissan dealer arrange financing thru GE credit because Nissan had some dealer money that only applied to purchases. I was paying a higher interest rate, but with the money back, the lease cost me much less.
  • mark824mark824 Member Posts: 9
    I am looking at 2007 M35 or M45. I will probably go for the M45. I am seeing pricing with the Navi, adv tech package for about 35-36k with 15-20k miles. This is in Atlanta. It looks like the M35's arew about 4-5K less.

35K looks like a good pricefor the m45 with 15-20k miles and navi etc.. What is everyone else seeing out there?

Thanks,

Mark
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Member Posts: 135
    I also was looking for a 2007 M35.....$35k for an M35 with the options you are looking for sounds about right. Gwinnett in Atlanta seemed to have some of the lowest prices in the Southeast. Be careful to NOT buy a service loaner car - those cars are a bit more prone to longer term quality issues. Most 07 M35's are previous service loaner cars.

At the end of the day, I ended up getting a brand new 09 Maxima as the gas mileage was better, the body style was new, and a number of the key features found in the M35 are also present in the Maxima. This is particularly the case when comparing the Premium Package cars. Two exceptions to that are the dynamic cruise and lane departure warning systems. Those are unique to M35.
    I looked at the 09 Maxima but it is smaller then the M35 all around and I ned a car with more interior space and trunk space. Nissan did a great job with the new Maxima.
  • toddandregtoddandreg Member Posts: 6
    Can anyone share the latest MF and residual % for on 08 M35? I went on leasecompare.com and they say the residual is 51%-53% for 36 mos. and the MF is .00064. The 51% for 36 mos seems really low compared to other posts I've seen here in the low 60s.

Also I was just on Edmunds and they list two current incenctives...one a $3000 customer loyalty and the other a $2000 customer loyalty discount. Both say they are for purchase or lease of a new car without trade in. Wondering if anyone has gotten the $3K?
    Hi,
    I have pretty much set my mind on a 2008 M35 with the tech package. I had the car for a day and I am very impressed by it. I was looking at the GS350 and RL as well.

The price I am getting out the door is $40,400. This includes the 3k reabte that is good until Sept 2nd. I think the price of the caar is $37.5k. The GS350 and RL would be 4-5k more.

Only problem is, I cant pull the trigger until Sept 11th. The 3k reabte will be done and the car will be cloer to 44k now. This would bring the GS350 back into play. Do you think I might still be able to get the lower price and or the rebate in 2 weeks? I am paying cash.

I guess they could extend or bring out new rebates. I just hate the thought of paying 3k more just becuse I am buying 2 weeks later.

Thanks
  • sawbelsawbel Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I am looking at the same car. I was disappointed to hear about the timeline as well. Where are you considering to purchase from? What city/State? Also, was your out the door price...with tax, tag, and title?

Last question, was your price based on a cash deal?

thanks for any help or advise you can offer.
  • cnewhousecnewhouse Member Posts: 20
    I just got a good deal I think. M35 Black Obsidian/Graphite with Sport/Tech/Rosewood

Retail $50,420
    Invoice $45,014
    Selling Price $42,200

They added back in the $695 bank fee. Got 0.9% for 5 years. No money down, not 1 cent, $785/month for 60 months.
    Hi,

Jusyt bought my 2008 M35 with Tech Package, rear spoiler, trunk matt and splash guards. Price was $37,504. With TT it was $40,400. This is a new vehicle.

Great price and the dealer was great to deal with. This was in Atlanta.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi toddandreg. You will have better luck finding an answer to any specific questions that you have about leasing an M35 if you hop on over to the "Infiniti M35 / M45 Lease Questions" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • adicucadicuc Member Posts: 2
    Mark,
    I bought a 2007 M35X yesterday that had the following:

10,000 Miles
    Tech Package (includes Navi)
    Xenon/AFS Package

This is a one owner car with a clear title and all services performed in time. The car was purchased in the Chicagoland at an Infiniti Dealership.

The price was 30,000 plus tax and title.

For the rest of you out there, how did I do?
  • steve777steve777 Member Posts: 41
    I see people mentioning a loyalty discount. Is anyone getting the loyalty discount (how much) and the $6k Marketing discount taken off invoice?

My M#%X lease is up in Novemebr, and if I could get a dealer to lop off $8k off the invoice I would certainly consider buying? Is this feasible??

Also, are people getting the 0.9% financing on top of these discounts?
    The $2000 loyalty money is only available for a lease...think of it as a $2000 reduction in the invoice price when you negotiate the "capitalized cost".

The $6000 is only applicable to a purchase and you can think of it as a $6000 reduction in the invoice price when you negotiate your purchase price.

of, in lieu of either of the above, you can negotiate a purchase price and finance it at .9.

You can't combine these programs.

Of course, if you aren't going to do anything until November, none of this matters anyway.....these are all limited time offers.
    Thankyou for the clarification.

I know that these offers "expire" at the end of month, but of course, if inventories remain high it's doubtful that they'll go away. In fact they could go even deeper.

Thanks again
  • readyformyrlreadyformyrl Member Posts: 70
    I'm closing in on a lease or purchase for an Infiniti M35x with Tech and Xenon lights, etc...MSRP $50,835

Lease Price - $45, 278 Purchase $39278 w/6000 rebate cash deal
    1600 Out of Pocket
    6% Tax
    12k Miles
    39 mos
    48% residual
    597/mo

Carman or ghstudio what would you do?
    please post in only one forum....
  • bubeybubey Member Posts: 1
    What's the name of the dealer you used their in Atlanta.
    Do you want to recommend you sales person?

Thanks!
  • caraddict2caraddict2 Member Posts: 24
    Need some advice????

I am thinking of buying a used M45, 2007 with 26500 miles. Selling price $29,900.00 car is in excellent condition. What do you guys think? Car is loaded. Jerry
    Jerrry, After I finished looking up the kbb.com blue book value of the car I think you are getting a very good deal on it being, that a fully loaded one sales for at least $35,000 according to them. I also went to autotrader.com and searched the 07 M45 and 08 M45 at the same mileage and price range and found no result for neither one of them at that price or mileage and they were certified cars. The cheapest one I found on there went for $33,000 and it had 29,000+ miles on it. So I think you are getting a great deal on the car. I would still maybe try and get them to come down another $1000-$2000 off the deal, if they really want to sell it they would but if not hey it's still a good deal. A word of advice before you purchase this car take it out on the freeway and run it up to about 85 or 90MPH and see if the steeringwheel shakes or if you hear any strange noises or feel any vibaration and also at low speeds of about 20 or so listen for little noises coming from the front end of the car.
    I brought my car like that and at the time it was all fine until I got on the freeway to come home with it and when I got up to 75 to 85 the steeringwheel gave my hands a very stern massage that hurt some kind of bad. And the bottom of the car had a very bad vibaration to. I thought I was about to have a blow out. Also when trying to buy a car autotrader.com is a good place to look because you can sometimes find better deals there with everything you want on the car too. Hope this helps and I wish you the best with your new M45. God bless.
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    My M35 lease is up in two weeks and I just received a letter from Infiniti saying that I could take $5,500 off the residual prive if I wanted to buy the car. I have a M35 Journey with 52K miles on it. Will not be over miles plus they have already inspected my car with no other wear and tear charges.

Residential value is $24,870 plus $150 purchase charge = $25,020. Take off the $5,500 and I'm looking at $19,520. Has a trade-in blue book value $18,080 and a private party blue book value of $20,845. My idea is that people generally get deals below blue book so I'm not sure what to do.

Last month I decided to give them back the car because the the residual was soo much higher than the market but their latest offer makes a big difference. Maybe I'll just return the car and talk to the dealer and have them sell it to me later as a CPO.
    I think your dealer has to send the lease return back to infiniti...he can't keep it and sell it directly....so your idea may not work.

Only you can decide if you like the car enough to keep it. I've been seeing some used Jaguars recently at about 20K which would be pretty tempting.
    Bubey,

I bought it from Nalley Infiniti in Marietta, The sales guy was named Evan.
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    Have a feeling that the used car market is really soft now. Don't believe I have ever heard of a $5,500 cash bonus to buy a leased car before. Just shows how desperate Infiniti must be to unload these cars. And I'm pretty sure they realize they should offer even more to reflect the actual market, but they do need to try and hose me a little.
    Nissan just offered to knock down the price of my 2006 M35x (base model) by $6k off the residual of $27.800 giving a price of $21,800. Its due back in mid-November and I have unitl 11/3 to decide.

I only have 27k miles on the car and I'm curious to find out if they will offer attractive financing, but with all the deals thas are being offered on new cars I may just pass.

Any opinions if theyll go even lower than $6K in a few weeks or if this is a good offer as is? I know they're offering $10k on M45's that are due back off lease.
  • gfish49gfish49 Member Posts: 27
    I just got offered around $11,000 of a new 2008 M35x. Of course no special financing with that.
    That is a steal of a deal I would take it!!!!
This discussion has been closed.