Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic Sedan 2006

Comments

• civicex05civicex05 Member Posts: 42
    But that doesn't change the fact that the predicated depreciation of the civic (outgoing model) is just good, which is the 3rd grade out of 5 possible grades in CU rating system.

Why then does J.D. Power rate the "outgoing" Civic as having excellent resale value? Who's correct?

http://www.jdpower.com/cc/auto/ratings/vehicles/FindJdAwards.jsp

Just for fun, I checked the Kelley Blue Book "Private Party Value" of my 2005 Civic EX automatic with 6,000 miles on it. The private party value is $16,830 which is $600 more than I paid for it back in July!!!! Granted, I got a great deal on the car ($1,000 below invoice), but how's that for resale value? :D
  • user1235user1235 Member Posts: 84
    Thanks for verifying what I said before that you could buy 2005 civics for $1000 below invoice. People, see the post above - this huy bought a 2005 civic EX (sedan w/automatic) for $16,230 back in July. Now a 2006 civic EX would cost you $3000 more (and not a penny less). Yes, I know the MSRP only increased by $750, but notice how the incentives which existed on the 2005 civic most of this year (not now though) of course don't exist for 2006 civic. So that's another $1000 price hike from Honda. The rest of the difference ($1250) is due to current supply shortage enabling dealers to charge close to MSRP on the 2006.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,434
    hate to break the news, but this isn't the first time left over prior model year cars (ie 2005 Civic) were sold cheap to get rid of them, with the new models selling for more. WOuld you pay the same price for any car (say, a Mazda 3) for an identical '05 and '06?

This also ignores the fact that the 05 and 06 Civic's are entirely different cars. And as always, the marketplace speaks, and it seems to like the new one.

Supply and demand (pent up demand/tight initial supply) of course comes into play. Who knows, maybe 3-6 months from now the '06 will sell at invoice.

If you just want cheap, should have jumped on an '05 Cobalt or Neon at supplier prices. A car is a car, right?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Hope you think it's really worth $3000 more, otherwise the guy that bought a 2005 for $16,230 is really the smart one.

Thanks for the compliment. I considered waiting to purchase a 2006 Civic, but didn't think it was worth $3,000 more. I used some of the money I saved to get a killer sound system and put a dynamat hoodliner in the engine compartment along with dynamat extreme sound deadener in the doors. My 2005 Civic is now much quieter than the 2006 Civic (almost as quiet as a Lexus) and has a much better stereo. :shades:
  • fordfocusfordfocus Member Posts: 37
    wow! that is amazing! I might want to do this for my noisy focus...did you do it yourself? was it labour intensive? you have to open up all your door panels?
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,434
    yes to the door panels.

Seems like a contradiction though. If you put in a killer stereo, just turn it up loud and drown everything else out!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

wow! that is amazing! I might want to do this for my noisy focus...did you do it yourself? was it labour intensive? you have to open up all your door panels?

This is getting off-topic. If you have any questions, please e-mail me directly. Just click on my user-name to get my e-mail address. Thanks.
  • user1235user1235 Member Posts: 84
    Looks are subjective, but there are a number of objective changes: 1.8L 140hp engine vs 1.7L engine (128hp). Accelaration and MPG is about the same because the new civic weighs more.

Side airbags are new. 16" wheels vs 15" before (i think). Interior room is about the same. Looks are subjective of course. What else was improved ?
  • andysandiegoandysandiego Member Posts: 54
    To mix it up a little, isn't there some fresh speculation on the new Si? Photos, price, EPA, colors, timing, SEMA, anything? (I just looked at www.semashow.com and couldn't find anything interesting.) The Si and the Corvette C6, or for the even richer the '05 Z06, are the most interesting cars around at the moment, in my humble.

:P
  • bigal3bigal3 Member Posts: 107
    I am unable to find any figures for acceleration (0 to 60) for EX Civic Coupe. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for the EX Civic Coupe to go from 0 to 60mph ?
  • allfiredupallfiredup Member Posts: 736
    Vtec.net has tested some sedans and the best time they got was 0-60 in 8.24 seconds. They also stated that "launched more lovingly" the times would be in the high 8's to low 9's. It will be interesting to see what test numbers the automotive magazines come up with.
  • joeluc13joeluc13 Member Posts: 50
    I am so surprised to see how disturbing the new civic looks like. It seems they went on being too futuristic and not care how bad it looks. It looks like a premature TSX. And the coupe looks even worse. They did make the front windshield to be less slanted (the lowest in Honda history), but it made the front end shorter. However, I saw the Japanese version of the new civic and it is way better than what is going to be sold here in the U.S. The taillights and headlights are obviously better designed, plus the side mirrors have cornerlights. To see the Japanese Honda website, visit www.honda.com.jp.

Another bad design is the steering wheel. What the hell are they thinking? I don't know. Maybe it's just me. The technology is great, but the design is awful. Performance has always been my key factor in a car, but it doesn't mean that I have to sacrifice it's appearance. I just hope they won't mess up the next version of the Intergra/RSX (which was rumored to be discontinued) since the new design is in progress. :(
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    joeluc13,

Yup! It's you.

Beauty (or lack of it) is in the eyes of the beholder. The concensus here and on most boards seems to be that the '06 Civic looks great. I like it.
  • sr45sr45 Member Posts: 144
    Instrument dash is in need of a big face lift. Honda made a big mistake with that hug speedo. The Accords dash is much better.
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    sr45,

As I said, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Your aesthetics may not comport with other folks'. I own a 2004 Accord and I like the 2006 Civic's dash too. They just happen to be of two different designs.
  • kknowleskknowles Member Posts: 15
    After first full week commuting in 06 LX coupe 5-speed:

First tank mpg: 33.8 mpg; about 330 miles with 255 of that highway @ 72mph.

looks (esp. w/ new window tint); accelaration; combination of handling and solid but comfortable ride (feels quality); oil life sensor, clever slot in front of shifter for holding garage-door-opener clip; gauages/display; suprisingingly good stereo (contrary to what I said before) that seems dramatically better with CDs vs.radio; automatic speed-sensitive volume control for stereo; sliding armrest; relief to figure out that yes, back seat does fold down on an LX; telescoping steering wheel.

Overall, best car I've had for combination of sportiness, economy and comfort.

Dislikes:
    - hand brake isn't in way during regular driving (I'm 5-8), but it IS about where I rest my leg using cruise control. I can find a comfortable spot, but the brake could be better placed or cushier. I can live with it, but would buy a nice-looking rubber-foam cushion slipcover if some entrepreneur ever made one.
    - since dash is always lit up, I forget to turn lights on at night. That's called "probable cause." Bad!
    - sun visors should extend down just a bit more.
    - tilt steering wheel doesn't go down quite far enough for me to confidently drive with my left knee during certain situations.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Are you talking about the steering wheel on the Si or in general? I think the one on the Si is a little garish, but the one on the sedans is more subdued and I think it looks good--and has a nice feel also.
    Yeah, true. The new Civic's dash looks like an upgraded dash of a Toyota Echo. It has an analog tachometer and a digital spedometer. Not a good combination. :(
  • goosegoose Member Posts: 77
    Finally picked up my auto (06 Coupe EX, auto) yesterday Friday Oct 7. The vehicle is night/day better than the previous Civics I've owned. The ride is nice, no wind noise (70 MPH). Talking about 70 MPH, the tack showed 2250 RPM. Sometimes you get road noise however its a noticeable improvement from previous models. On concrete roads you will get road noise but my truck, 03 Frontier SE 4 door, was no different. Actually the Civic is a little quieter on concrete roads compared to the truck. The dash is fantastic and the stereo rocks. I really thought the 06 Civic could not compete with the tC. I was wrong. The vehicle is better than the tC and worth every penny (Not a rip off). The key is a little bulky and will probably make holes in pant pockets (guys). The key needs some sort of case, similar to the current VW key setup. I recommend the full front mask, fog lights and mud guards. If you haven't driven one then don't say another word until you do. I'd post a pic but don't see how to do it :shades:
    You are definitely right! I saw a new Civic sedan on display, I guess it was a demo car, and the steering wheel fits perfectly well for the sedan. But for the Si, it's too showy and it doesn't match with the car's personality at the same time. Too futuristic if you ask me. Same thing with the gauge cluster. They should have sticked with analog gauges, or made everything digital (like the S2000's). Combining both doesn't really look good. It's the standard LSD on the Si that I like, but the rest of the car's looks is just very disappointing (at least in my opinion). :(
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I don't know how you can possibly compare the dash of the Civic to the ECHO's. The ECHO has center-mounted analog gauges and the dash is way different than the Civic's (a good thing for the Civic!).
  • paula5762paula5762 Member Posts: 7
    Picked up my 06 Civic EX Sedan today. I'm in love! The car is a blast to drive, the ergonomics are excellent, it's comfortable, and is plenty powered up. It is more comfortable than my '99 Accord and there is absolutely no comparision to earlier Civics. Honda did a great job with this redesign. The Civic has grown up and I'm thrilled. :)
    I paid $19,500 out the door for my '06 Civic EX sedan automatic - and $200 of that was mud guards I added. You just have to do your home work and you can get a good deal.
  • widow1widow1 Member Posts: 39
    You may want to recheck that homework. I just bought a 2006 Civic EX automatic for $18388. $200 for mudguards !!! You can buy them from Ray Laks or College Hills Honda for $58.80 and install them yourself.
    Well I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant to say "gauge cluster," not dash. I was specifically comparing the Civic's gauge cluster to the Toyota Echo's since both have just one main analog gauge (I'm saying "main" because I'm not including the gas level meter, etc) at the center of the gauge cluster. :blush:
  • sr45sr45 Member Posts: 144
    and $200 of that was mud guards I added. You just have to do your home work and you can get a good deal.
    -------------------------------------

$200 for mud guards is steep....I got mine for $58 ( Invoice )
  • inkyofokinkyofok Member Posts: 62
    That price is mark roberts price. What color? I too use Ray Laks...
  • inkyofokinkyofok Member Posts: 62
    I am happy to report 400 miles on first tank and exactly 10 gallons of $2.71 gas.
    That is as advertised and I believe the new civic auto will be noted as the best mileage gasline car available today. Formerly, Mazda 3 5 speed 2.0 had that distinction but the Civic will beat it. If I can commute and drive around for 40 mpg what point is extra cost hybrid with complex electronics?

Anyhow, as I mentioned I sold a 05 TL and I sit in this civic and can only think that for an economy car how upscale it feels. I have white with ivory with bronze tinted windows, gold pinstripe, the $50 leather Honda steering wheel cover which is high quality but a 2 hour project to sew on, splash guards and half bra. HOnda Acura world is parts source. Do my own pin striping. The car just feels very high end.
    The 5 speed auto is very flexible and has great pick up. I would like to know the official 0-60.

I wanted a 5 speed but rpm just too high on cruise. The auto goes at 2000 rpm at 62 mph, the manual 2800 as I recall--someone can verify. Well all that busy rpm uses fuel that could be saved with a 6 speed manual with real OD, the TSX needs the same feature. I digress.

Overall, the Civic is a high resale, high mileage car that will have distinction of best performing, higher MPG car available for the money. the freaky dash just makes the space seem more and never closed in. The one touch sunroof just is unheard of in a car of this price. Even Accord and all other HOndas for that matter lack it!

The EX is well worth the money for sunroof, alloys, stainless steel tips exhaust, rear arm rest, truck remote on fob, better sound system and security system (or does LX have that-LX have intermittent wipers)?
    What $1500 in real world difference since mark up higher on EX. You should get most of that back in resale.
    I've gone on record that I'd buy a new Civic sedan today if I wouldn't lose so much on my '04 EX auto sedan, but still dream of an Si. Did you inknow there's an excellent First Drive report right here on Edmunds? Also great interior and exterior photos, h.p./torque curves! The text of the report follows:

They Should Call It the Type-R

By Scott Oldham
    Date posted: 08-31-2005

Before 1998, prison was the only reason to visit Joliet, Illinois. For more than 135 years, guests of the small town were either temporary residents for 25 to life or visiting their uncle Vinny, who still swears it was self-defense.

In the last seven years, however, motorsports have replaced the pokey as Joliet's draw. In that time, six racetracks have gone in and the infamous 144-year-old Joliet Correctional Center has been boarded up. Three of those tracks are part of the 320-acre Autobahn Country Club, which opened last April. It's basically an upscale private club for gear heads instead of golf geeks, offering members unlimited daily track time, car storage, a decked clubhouse, etc. And the place is a hit. Nearly 300 G-load junkies have already signed up despite the $25,000 initiation fee and $3,000 annual dues.

It was there, on Autobahn's 1.46-mile, 9-turn North Circuit, that Honda let us drive the new 2006 Honda Civic Si. And it was there, with its guttural exhaust note howling through the trees, that this little hot rod proved itself to be the best car to ever wear the iconic Si badge.

Not a Hot Hatch Anymore
    Unlike its predecessor, which was a slow and homely-looking hatchback with a meager redline and the agility of an elderly woman, this Si is a quick (Honda says it'll accelerate to 60 mph in 6.7 seconds), fun-to-fling-around coupe, with sharp lines and the most sharply raked windshield in Honda's history. Yes, sharper than even the NSX's.

And it revs. Oh brother, does it rev. Redline is eight thou, and the engine flies past that mark with such willingness Honda has set the rev limiter at a hold-on-to-your-connecting-rods 8,500 rpm.

Honda has also made the new car 9.1 inches longer, 2.2 inches wider and 3.2 inches lower than a 2005 Si. And it rides on a 3.1-inch-longer wheelbase (104.3 inches), which it shares with the Civic coupe, but not the sedan. For the first time, the Civic sedan and coupe don't share a wheelbase. The sedan's is 2 inches longer. (We'll post a first drive of the 2006 Civic Coupe, Sedan and Hybrid next week.)

Those new dimensions have added 95 pounds to the Si's curb weight, and have swiped almost 3 inches of rear legroom. Unless you hang with supermodels and NBA stars, the car's backseat remains usable. And let's face it, if you're driving a Civic, even an Si, you ain't hangin' with Tyra and Shaq.

Honda says it can seat five. Good luck with that.

The trunk is smaller, too, down to 11.5 cubic feet. But remember, the last Si was a hatchback, this one is a proper coupe. The previous Civic coupe's trunk had 12.9 cubic feet of space.

Animal Sounds
    As another mutation of the Honda's K-Series engine family, the new car's engine is an all-aluminum 2.0-liter with double overhead cams, 16 valves and four cylinders. It shares a basic architecture, an 11-to-1 compression ratio and Honda's i-VTEC valve-control system with the 2.0-liter that's been powering the Acura RSX Type-S since 2001, but a balance shaft for additional smoothness and throttle-by-wire are unique to the Si's engine.

Honda also designed a special short, single cast-aluminum intake manifold for the Si with an extra-large 70mm intake duct. Honda says it boosts high-rpm power and is partly responsible for the car's unique sound. To enhance that sound the intake duct was routed inside the fender to take advantage of the body panel's acoustics. According to Honda, the panel amplifies the intake sound, which is probably why we could hear the Si ripping down the back straight from pit road.

You can feel i-VTEC doing its thing, first changing the engine's feel and tone at 3,000 rpm and again at 6,000 rpm. Despite the engine's tendency to hold onto revs when you close the throttle (a slight annoyance tuned into the electronic throttle), there isn't a better normally aspirated four-banger in the world.

An even 200 was the planned horsepower rating, but the new SAE ratings system cut that number back to 197 hp at 7,800 rpm. Torque is up to 139 pound-feet at 6,200 rpm. The EPA rates it at 22 mpg city and 31 mpg highway, and it drinks premium. The engine in the 2006 RSX Type-S will be rated at 201 hp at 7,800 rpm and 140 lb-ft of torque at 7,000 rpm.

Both cars also use a version of the same six-speed manual transmission, which is the only gearbox offered in the Si. The Si's version of the transmission gets a taller 6th for more relaxed highway cruising, and redesigned cones and synchros for reduced shift effort.

But here's the best part: A helical limited-slip differential is standard equipment.

Racetrack-Ready
    And on the racetrack, that diff makes all the difference. The Si would handle well without it, but it may be the best handling front-wheel-drive car we've ever tossed around because of it. Carry too much speed into a corner and the Si understeers like any other front driver, but you can easily correct your mistake by burying your foot in the throttle.

Yes, you floor it. The Si's differential transmits more torque to the outside tire which has the most grip. This immediately tightens your line and gets you around the turn faster looking like a hero.

Of course the LSD doesn't make magic alone. The Si shares its MacPherson-strut front suspension and multilink double-wishbone suspension with the rest of the Civic line, but the Si gets increased spring rates, stiffer dampers, and larger, solid antiroll bars. It also gets unique 17-inch wheels and all-season Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires standard. The cars we drove wore the optional summer tire, which is the same size as the standard rubber, only stickier.

The combination supplies a firm, but very livable ride on the street and Deney Terrio dance moves on the racetrack. Grip is high, body roll is very well controlled, as is brake dive, and the feel and ratio of the electric power steering is right on. Its larger front and rear disc brakes also felt good and failed to fade significantly after 10 hard laps.

Office Depot
    The interior is where our over-the-top enthusiasm for the Si wanes a little.

But first, the good: After only a few miles of Illinois farm road it was clear that control placement and visibility are excellent, as are the seats, the three-spoke steering wheel and perfectly placed aluminum pedals.

The list of standard and optional equipment is also impressive. Power everything, keyless entry, a tilt and telescopic steering wheel, ABS, side curtain airbags, a sunroof, a rear spoiler, air conditioning, cruise control, leather-wrapped steering wheel, a fold-down rear seat, a 360-watt sound s
    ...The rest of the report:

They Should Call It the Type-R

...The list of standard and optional equipment is also impressive. Power everything, keyless entry, a tilt and telescopic steering wheel, ABS, side curtain airbags, a sunroof, a rear spoiler, air conditioning, cruise control, leather-wrapped steering wheel, a fold-down rear seat, a 360-watt sound system with CD player, MP3/MPA capability, and an auxiliary audio port are all included for the "less than $20,000" price. A navigation system with voice recognition is available for the first time, and the dealers can sell you 18-inch wheels and tires.

So where's the problem? Right in front of the driver.

Honda chose to divide up the gauges, leaving the traditional analog tachometer in the traditional location, viewed through the steering wheel, and placing a digital speedometer and digital gas and temperature gauges up at the base of the windshield. Honda calls it a two-tier instrument panel and says the design places the speedometer up high in the driver's field of vision.

We think it looks kind of silly, but our problem with it isn't purely aesthetic. In our preferred seating position, which is different for everyone, the rim of the steering wheel completely blocked the upper-tier gauges from view. Uh, hello?

Whatever. Maybe the kids will like it.

The Si Is Back
    After driving the Si on the road and racetrack, we agree with page 4 of the 2006 Honda Civic press kit, which states, "Bottom line, the 2006 Civic Si is the best handling, best performing Civic to ever touch tire to asphalt in America."

And the price is right. Not only is it a whole lot less than a membership to the Autobahn Country Club, it will be between $3,500 and $5,000 less than an RSX Type-S.

Save the cash. When the Si hits this fall, the only folks still buying the Acura will be the badge-conscious and lovers of leather seats. Their issues, their loss.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
  • ttbttb Member Posts: 40
    I like both the headlights and the taillights of the new 06 Civic being sold in Japan. They may want to save it for the later facelift after say 2 years, or the Acura EL may get the Japanese headlights and taillights design.

My first impression of the headlights we have here now looks like a Saturn.
    Acura EL? Not familiar with that. Is that a Canadian Honda Civic? I believe I saw a pic of a Civic with an Acura badge on it but not sure. :confuse:
  • claudius753claudius753 Member Posts: 138
    Canada has a Honda Civic and they also have an "Acura-ized" version with more luxury type features. The Civic with the Acura badge you saw was an EL.
    That price was from Crown Honda in Greensboro NC. Shoreline mist! beautiful :-)
    That was out the door - tax, tags and all. The sticker on my car was $19,600. ME install mudgards? not gonna happen ;)
    Guess the best compliment of all was from my 22-yr old "tuner" son. "Awesome car, Mom!" After a test drive, all he could say was it is nothing like his friend's Civics. (he has a Prelude) Very upgraded, more horsepower, and according to him, the instrument panel is "perfect".
  • bcmalibu99lsbcmalibu99ls Member Posts: 625
    Does the digital speedometer distract any new owners, when you are driving and the numbers are constantly changing?
    Interesting. Do you think it was worth buying? I'm pretty sure it's a litte more expensive than a Honda Civic. I was under the impression that the Acura badge on that Civic was someone's idea of a DIY exterior modification (kinda silly if it were true).
    Acura EL is basically the most upscale Civic, with the same engine. If the most expensive trim of Civic is not good enough, then make one more step up to Acura EL. A bonus is that you would be serviced by an Acura dealer, who, in theory, should be more pleasant to deal with. But more expensive too. I've seen a few ELs here in Vancouver, but they are not very common. Civics, on the other hand, are everywhere

Here's an Acura EL homepage:
    http://www.acura.ca/AcuraEng/Models/EL/InfoNav.htm
    I still don't get why the exterior look of some of the USDM Hondas differ from their JDM counterparts. Some differences are clearly just badges (like the Acura RSX being still being the original Honda Integra), some are features due to difference in market needs, but why make the exterior different (interior is the same, except for being a RHD version). Hare some photos of the JDM version of the 2006 Civic:

JDM 2006 Civic with Modulo Package

JDM 2006 Civic Side Mirrors

Obviously, the shape of the JDM 2006 Civic's headlights and taillights don't have anything to do with the US's safety standards. It's just makes me wonder why they made it different of the USDM Honda Civics? One theory--could it be that this is some scam that they have to make US Honda enthusiasts keep on converting their USDM Hondas to JDM specs? That's extra profit for sure. I've known people converting their USDM 1998 Acura Integras (circular head lights) to JDM Honda Integras (narrow-rectangular headlights) and it costs a lot. That's just one modification out of a possible hundred JDM conversions possible (pedals, side markers, body kits, etc). Another theory is that the USDM 2006 Honda Civic design could be an outdated one. What I'm trying to say is that USDM Hondas constantly have exterior updates during a model line's (i.e. Civic, CR-V) generation and that the JDM 2006 Honda Civic's look could be the USDM Honda Civic's updated look in 2 years or so (2008 and up). These are just my opinions and I appreciate everyone's feedback. :)
  • 307web307web Member Posts: 1,033
    Why not? Tastes are different in different countries and Euro Civic is even more different. Every country doesn't need to style cars identically.
    True. But how come that it seems that we always get the less-stylish versions since people here love stylish gadget-equipped vehicles? The Euro Civics look cool by the way.
  • mautomauto Member Posts: 75
    Yeah, GM had a number of digital dashes in cars in the early 90s (they frequently shorted out though) and it was irritating to see the speed constantly go from, say, 65 to 66 then back to 65 as you tried to maintain constant speed. I just don't think you need to look at the speedo THAT often to justify its placement and changeability right below your field of vision. They should have offered BOTH analog (next to tach in normal position) and digital speedo so that you could tur off the digital if it was bothersome. As it is now, you can't turn off (or otherwise cover) the digital speedo, because that would leave you with the only a seat-of-the-pants feeling for your speed, fine in Europe, but on US's slow roads would be impossible.
    Would the cruise control be able make the digital speedometer fixed at a set speed? I know in an analog speedometer that the pointer would move up or down at times depending on road incline (uphill or downhill) but the system will still try it's best to maintain the set speed. However, with an analog speedometer, I don't find the constant movement of the speedometer's pointer irritating compared to your description about the digital speedometer. I guess it's because the digital speedometer is designed to be bright to catch attention.
  • bigal3bigal3 Member Posts: 107
    Personally, I also find the Euro Civics more futuristic, stylish & modern looking. Contrary to what we think, I guess designers in Honda believe that people in North America are more conservative & are not ready for the futuristic Euro Civic looks.
  • 307web307web Member Posts: 1,033
    Yes, there are already people that think even the nrw US Civic is too wild for their tastes, so they go running to the Corolla in response.
    The Euro Civic would not go over too well for the high volumes Honda wants to sell.
    I agree. I've always loved the Honda Civic, but the new one's styling is just way too much for me. I don't know if that new look would affect the sales of the Honda Civic, but people are still going to buy them because those cars are already proven to be reliable. My 97 Civic EX has 155K miles on it right now and it still runs great as if it only has 75K miles on it and I have never had any problems with it at all. :)
  • sdjoshsdjosh Member Posts: 20
    Just wanted to inform any potential 06 Civic buyers that I had a great experience through the COSTCO Auto Buying program in San Diego, CA. I ended up purchasing an 06 EX AT Civic Sedan at Cush Honda of Escondido for $500 over invoice, although prices have recently gone to $750 over invoice. I understand that this is not an unheard of price, but much better than I was offered anywhere else in Southern California after a great deal of shopping around. I paid about $18,500 for the car itself (not OTD, obviously), whereas $19,600 and $19,300 were the best prices offered in my area.

The dealership treated me very well, and the COSTCO contact person in the area was wonderful to work with (I think we're not supposed to mention names?). She stuck to the quoted price, returned calls promptly, and although they could not order or hold the car I wanted at the COSTCO price, she called me the second the vehicle I wanted arrived on the lot.

I had also called the COSTCO Auto Buying Program to check on whether the dealer was contracted to hold cars for customers (I was getting antsy because I thought there may have been a catch). The person taking my call was great, and a "Member Advocate" called the General Manager of Cush Honda and called me back within 15 minutes.

You may be able to find a better deal in your area, but I just wanted to try to help anyone out that may be in the position I was in. Good luck to everyone!
    Hi, all! Could anyone please provide me with a link to a picture showing the new Civic's rear seat folded? I would most appreciate!
This discussion has been closed.