Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2000 Silverado Owner Unhappy

scrappy6scrappy6 Member Posts: 13
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I recently purchased a 2000 Silverado brand new.
This is the first full size pickup I had ever
owned. So I wouldn't have to work on it all the
time I decided to purchase a new one. Right off
the bat I noticed scratches on the windshield. A
couple of days later the front end started
squeeling. I found out that other people had this
problem and the solution was to replace the rack
and pinion. A couple of days later I noticed that
the rear end was making alot of squeaking when I
hit a bump or made a turn I am now having to take
the truck in to have the rear leaf springs
replaced. I haven't even made the first payment
on the truck and already it has been in the shop a
total of 3 days. I picked it up due to the parts
not coming in. So I will have to take it in
tomorrow to get the rear end fixed and will have to
get them to look at the front end for a second
time. This is ridiculous. And to top it all off
the front windshield around 70 mph has awful wind
noise. It didn't do this when I first got it. Am I
being too picky about things? Any suggestions
would help.

Comments

• davidd1davidd1 Member Posts: 9
    Scrappy,

I can't help with all of your problems but I have a friend that has a new Z71 4 door. He had this wind noise problem with his and the dealer said it was the windshield trim. They fixed it and no other problems.

A friend of mine works at a GMC dealer and he said this trim piece was a very common problem.

Other than this my friends Z71 has been flawless.

Good Luck,
    David
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Z71 4 dr here and absolutely no noise. A truck will not ride silent you will hear noises like in the back going over bumps i know mine going over speed bumps makes alot of noise but every truck i have ever driven has made noise going over big bumps. My truck is in the shop for body repair some jerkoff dinged up the side of my truck $700 damage they have to take off everything sticker wheel flare mudflaps bumper taillight and bed rail cap. Relax man it could be a heck of alot worse for you as i found out by hearing stories about some bad accidents where peoples trucks were totalled.

Ryan
  • grayfirstgrayfirst Member Posts: 10
    I originally wrote about front end squealing noise and received a response about the rack & pinion problem. Indeed it was my problem also. The dealer ordered a new rack. I just received a call from the dealer and there seems to be a 'second' issuance of the rack part # and the rack they tried to put in my truck didn't fit so they have to order this new 'second' issuance rack part #. They are back ordered. So, they are putting in my original rack, realigning the truck and now I have to wait for this mysterious second issuance rack. How about that. It sounds fishy to me. I am going to pick up my truck now, I'll let you folks know how this turns out just in case anyone else has a similar problem. Everyone knows how inconvenient going to the dealer is.
  • dodge50dodge50 Member Posts: 14
    YOU SHOULD ALL GO OUT AND BUY A REAL TRUCK. GET YOU A DODG RAM.
    cant even spell dodge yea go buy a dodg ram everyone.

No problemos here im very happy

Ryan
  • scrappy6scrappy6 Member Posts: 13
    I appreciate all the input. Sorry to hear about the problems with your truck grayfirst. It really sucks to have a new truck for a couple of weeks and have it in the shop. The only reason I bought a new one was to avoid this kind of problem. Other than that I love the truck and it will haul [non-permissible content removed]. I looked at many trucks before settling on the Chevy I have been a die hard Ford fan for several years now so it was a big step buying this truck and so far I have not been satisfied but I think once all the problems are taken care of I will be pleased.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    do you have a bug guard??

Some will cause this noise..

- Tim
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    Original poster is just BamaTundra aka Rwellbaum.
  • trucksrmetrucksrme Member Posts: 381
    That scrappy6 be the bamatundra once also know as that rwelbaum, a well know disgruntled tundra owner who be upset at payin 25% more buck for 25% less truck. Good luck on this one now!
  • barlitzbarlitz Member Posts: 752
    I knew there was something fishy when I read the topic,those Tundra owners are getting desperate.
    tricks do you expect from them??

LOOK what they bought!

- Tim
  • rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    Hicks, Hillbillys and other shiv owners. I've never changed my name unlike trucksinme/Iblewu/etc. I still occasionally look at this site and noticed you shivy super sleuths accusing me of posting under other names. I'll join this discussion on a regular basis in late summer after Hang Gliding season is over. Until then, I suggest you look elswhere for your phantom shivy owner. BTW, take a close look at the grill on those shivys. Look at where it meets the lights. Now that's some crooked, sloppy workmanship. How about those door hinges being held on with a couple of whimpy spot welds and some RTV. That shiv is put together like some big riding lawnmower. GM be sayin' it's good enough for loyal shiv fans and I guess their right. You guys would buy a feral dog steamer if it had a bowtie on it. Good luck on these latest truths.
  • bowhuntwibowhuntwi Member Posts: 262
    Did the future wifey put that little ding on that $150 Shevy?
    Was $659 and some change. I dont know who did it they are lucky i didnt find em. Either a car door or a bum walking by with his shopping cart (yes im being serious) it was in downtown indianapolis. Its fixed now and cant even tell. Great truck

Ryan

now all i need to do is find a future wifey.
    Don't those new trucks got side strip guards against dings...I guess he's still young & don't like to walk far.....The old guys like us get our exercise & complaints from the old lady when we park our Rigs out in no mans land in the mall parking lot....where we have the pick of parking spaces...
    I parked 2 parking lots from the church only car in the lot. They didnt hit my door they got the rear passenger side next to the fender flare. They also put a small hole in the fender flare like where something got stuck in it.

I dont like to walk far??? You should see where i parked at work i took up 2 spots and im parked almost as far out as i could go no one parks there except all the new silverados. Walking is no problem just got back from going to a waste water treatment building in our plant a good 2 mile walk not even outta breath.

Ryan
  • scrappy6scrappy6 Member Posts: 13
    Turned out that the bug guard did cause this wind noise. I took it off and checked. I put it back on though because it is supposed to serve some type of purpose even though it causes wind noise. Thanks
    Mmmmmm, never saw a Menards big enough for a waste plant, but then again never knew a Menards that had a huge parking lot either. Must be lonely out there in that thar parking lot. You know if a guy parked by you, and he was inside the lines of his parking space and that you were taking up 2 spaces, he could clip you & you would be at fault for you being parked illegally. Just a thought for the day......These Shevy guys are fun to tease....Mmmmm, I wonder if his future Wifey would take $125.
    ..you need a HOUSE first!

Hell with buying a Tahoe....get out of the parents crib man!

- Tim
    No the job i was at a lil while ago is a huge plant i have an engineering internship there. Menards is my side job i dont drive my truck there.

Ryan
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    After 30 or more days of inactivity....

this topic is being "frozen." It will be archived or deleted in the next 10 days or so.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.