Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayenne Prices Paid

Comments

• dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    What are the current lease factors on the V6 model ? 36 months 12 and 15k miles.

Thanks.
    DL
  • thinking2thinking2 Member Posts: 25
    Not sure about the Titanium Metalic vs White as I have not seen either color in person -- that's pretty much your personal choice.

Regarding the price -- the numbers still do not add up -- I would ask your local dealer to provide a copy of the Invoice Sheet for the vehicle, as I truly don't believe he is giving you a price that is only $500 more than invoice.

I can give you some car and option invoice pricing (straight from my sheet) you can compare once you get the invoice sheet-
    Base tiptronic car - 38,434
    Colored wheel caps - 157
    heated seats & steering - 442
    auto climate control - 468
    floor mats - 111
    light comfort package - 519
    Destination charge is either $810 or $895

For the other options try either this site or Kelley's to get the invoice price.

Do this before making any decision, as I still think you should/can get a better price.

I am concerned about your local dealer for service -- if they are being difficult now, I wonder how they will be when you need service on the car.
  • billyg2billyg2 Member Posts: 30
    maybe the price doesn't add up but how much more can
    a dealer take off if they are lean and mean with their
    inventory? 10-11% off doesn't sound too bad despite
    the 06's rolling in. we're not talking toyota dealerships
    here with large inventorys. anyway my car was made in
    the factory yesterday. yippee!
  • romerome Member Posts: 19
    billyg2--

How did you find out your car was made yesterday?

I think you ordered yours a week or so before me. I e mailed the dealer yesterday and he told me "it's getting closer", but gave me no secifics.

I need to sell my current car (BMW X5 4.4), so I'd really like more specific info if possible on build date and delivery.

Did they tell you how long until it arrives...When I ordered the car they told me mid-late Oct.
    hi rome,

purchase contract was drawn up on 7/12. mrs billyg spoke
    to our salesman the other day who said production on ours
    would start 9/13 & i think be completed by 9-15 or 16 with
    a delivery date to the dealer 2nd week in oct.
    We agreed on a deal on Aug. 12th, so I'm a little behind you.

Looks like they are on the mark with late Oct. early Nov. estimate. Any regrets you did not wait to 07 given spypics which can be found on line.
    no regrets on the 07 based on the spy shoots. also have
    an X5 01 3.0 that we bought up @ tulley. it's in for service
    right now & in the papers for sale. 67,000 miles, absolutely
    mint & not 1 inquiry yet for $26,000 and change. it's being
    lowered next week.
    billyg2:

Spy shots make car look pretty different , butusually Porsche doesn't change that much (evolutionary not revolutionary changes, as they say).

I'm planning on posting my X5 4.4 for sale this weekend. I have 85K miles and I was going to price it below market (probably low $20's) to get a quick sale. (It's also in great shaped, gargaged at home and at work, all service records, certified etc.). I haven't asked the guys in Nashua for a trade in number cause I figure I can do better on my own and my CS is still a month from delivery...but if it comes down to it...
  • lup11lup11 Member Posts: 9
    Sorry it took so long to reply. The lease term was 36 months, and 10K miles per month, and yes they took the 8% off as the intial cap cost reduction.
  • alex15alex15 Member Posts: 11
    Titanium metalic is a very beautiful color, very pretty,
  • encinoomniaencinoomnia Member Posts: 48
    I finally got my Cayenne! 05/ V6 / Titanium Metalic/ Black inside
    MSRP $49.680 Price I paid $42.782 . That's about 13.8%off ($6898)
    I had to work on them few days but it was worth it!
    Thank you sooo much for all you guys help and advices, I couldn't have done it without this forum. :)
    Congrats! I don't think you'll regret the purchase. I've already got about 4000 miles on my 05 Cayenne and love it.

Glad to see you worked the dealer down on price -- also good you stayed local -- that will help make the service experience better.

I think that's a great price. Welcome to the club!
    thinking2: Thank you,you really helped me the most!
  • sv2sv2 Member Posts: 1
    If someone can refer me to a dealer willing to sell a 2005 S for >12% off MSRP, provide me the contact info. I'd also consider a low mileage S (<5,000 miles) at a better price.
    This is a repost, I gave too much personal info about dealers and forum rules saids I can't do that which I didn't know..sorry

sv2: I don't know where you live, but the dealer I got my car might
    >do that since I got 13.8% on V6. I got it from porsche dealers in Central
    >Oregon. At the first, I've spoken to the sales person he was
    >firm about only 6-7% off on 05/ V6. I really wasn't happy about that,
    >so I waited few days and went back in. That day, he was busy and I
    >started to talk to this lady who workes there, she immidiately gave
    >me 11% off. She turned out to be sales manager, . She mentioned that they have too
    >much inventory. Well, I waited few more days and finally got
    >13.8%off.
    > I just checked their 05/S inventory on porsche site, they still
    >showing 2.
    >Also on their site, they show that they do have service to bring cars
    >to the where you live.
    > I called many places including fleet managers in CA to get better
    >deal but after all I got the best deal in Bend. I also checked fleet
    >cost with few dealers out of state deliverly , most of them were
    >around $700 for aobut 500miles distance.
    > The best deal I got in California was from walnut
    >creek dealership, I've spoken to fleet manager there
    , he was very nice and more knowledgeable about fleeting the
    >car out of State.
    > I hope this helps.
  • newbie710newbie710 Member Posts: 1
    Hello! I am new to this forum and would like some help. I live in Houston, TX and would like to order a new Cayenne S with MSRP of 68K. How much should I offer the vehicle? Originally the salesman told me that there is no discount on their 06 models but after I told them another dealership offer me $4K off they had matched it. I still think that there is more room to negotiate in the price. Could someone offer some advice or have had any experience with the Houston Porsche dealership please guide me. :cry:
    6% off msrp, which is your current offer, is pretty good. at best i guess you can squeeze maybe 1-2% more off - maybe. it is really early in the 06 model season, so i doubt you have alot of wiggle room. you may want to either angle for more on a trade in, or get some add ons tossed in for free. good luck.
  • oregonllamaoregonllama Member Posts: 5
    Would like a bit of perspective and reality help. Have been looking for a used turbos with 15-20K miles and no frils: extras of moonroof and variable assit steering OK. Prices seem to vary a lot and mostly because a dealer lists a car and it stays unchanged. What should/could i expect ona 2004 "pre-owned certified" Cayenne turbo. Any comments would be most appreciated.
  • mbaileymbailey Member Posts: 10
    I bought a 2004 previously untitled CT two months ago for 75K. I would bet 15-20
    K miles would be 68-70K imo....
  • view1view1 Member Posts: 3
    I am trying to buy a 06 Cayenne with a MSRP of $52,000.00 and offered a price of $48,000.00 and the dealer wants to sell it at my price. What would be the best deal for me if I would have my own financing and walk in with a check to the dealer. Please let me know and I thank you in advance.
    I been checking pricing on the 06 Cayanne and it looks like you got an awsome price on your deal. I am trying to buy an 06 and have only got 7% off the MSRP. Do you mind telling me what dealership you bought your car from and may be the will work with me as well. I appreciate it and how do you like your new Cayanne?
    View1: I got it from Bend Oregon dealer. Please read #224 on this forum, it will tell you who you should talk to get better discount. I really like my Cay, its already dusty!
    Thanks for the comment re 2004 CT. Are you happy with it? What's not there compared with 2005-6
    Iam very happy with it. It drives like a dream and does not have the typical problems reported on these vehicles such as vibration, hesitation, or oil consumption. As far as I know there are not significant differences with the 05-06s except they increased the price a little. Others may know more if there are subtle changes. The 07 is supposed to be a redesign but the spy pics dont look dramatically different to me. I feel great about the purchase.... Be prepared for 12 MPG on premium gas though!
    Thanks again. I appreciate the dialog. This is a painful move from my 993 twin turbo. Gotta get "practical". Offered a 2005 with 1500 miles at $89000 which seems too high altho lots of options one doesn't need (who can use a GSM phone in the US?). Also a 04 with 15000 miles for 77. All comments welcome. And again thanks for the dialog
    I know where you are coming from .... My other car is a 996 turbo. I would hate to give it up for the Cayenne TT. Eventhough the Cayenne drives great its no 911. If the 2004 has options you like you might offer 69-71 unless its certified by a dealer in which case I would offer 72-73. I think good deals can be had on these vehicles because they over-produced them and gas prices have probably cut into demand further. Feel free to ask any more questions and let us know how you do. Check out autotrader.com for some sample prices if you want.
    I ended up not buying the 06 Cayanne, since there will be a body change in spring of 2007 and it will hurt the resale of the old body style. I just have to dream about driving my new Cayanne for another six months but I think it will be well worth it for long term.
  • robmobrobmob Member Posts: 4
    I am entertaining a price of 83000 on a 06 cay s with all the bells and whisles .msrp 89375 do you guys think thats a good deal.
    That seems like a lot considering you could get a low miles 05 turbo for the same price and avoid some of that drastic depreciation.
    Doesn't sound so great. I recently special ordered an '06 CS with lots of options (sticker came to about $71) and dealer took a 9.6 percent off. Looks like your numbers translate to about 7.2% off...but maybe pricing for the Turbo is different. I know the more options you want, the better discount available because there is lots of profit built into the options. Also, not sure if you are special ordering, but I think you have to expect to get a little better deal if you are buying from the dealers "lot inventory".
    view1:

I went through the same analysis but I decided not to wait. The changes won't be that significant as Porsche changes are "evolutionary" not "revolutionary". The pics on auto spies I'll bet will prove really misleading and actually changes will be very subtle

. Also, there are good discounts to be had now, but when the refresh comes out, I'll bet that discounts will not be as good because lots of C owners coming off lease will be taking them. Lastly, Ilike the idea of getting a late model before the refresh because bugs have been worked out and there will (as usual) be little annoyances with a brand new model. (For e.g. the '03-04 Boxster looks really similar to the '05, but all the kinks were worked out, while the 05 Boxster has lots of little problems).

My car was special ordered in Sept. and arrived this week.
  • designtimedesigntime Member Posts: 1
    I have done some searching and have only found 4 of these for sale in the US. The one that is closest to being equipped the way that I want is in PA (I live in WA). The dealer has offered 2500 off MSRP. Does the fact that is has this rare option make it less likely I will get a better deal?
    Thanks for the response,think i'll settle for a' 05 turbo for about 85k brand new.
    Excellent call! Let us know how it turns out.
    Billyg2--

Got my car this weekend up in Nashua. Easy buying experience was followed by excellent and smooth pick-up. Kudos to those guys.

Looks and drives awesome.

Only a couple minor irks off the bat:

1. Seat belt chime. I wish I could disconnect the volume on this thing. (I don't mind the indicator). A wear the belt 99% of the time, but sometimes I don't click in the buckle (e.g. moving cars around in the driveway, or going literally around the block to neighbor's house). The constant beeping drives me crazy. (This is a change in the '06). Porsche should let us decide when to use the belt.

2. There is a rattle/squeak which seems to be coming from the interior headliner or moonroof. The sales guy thinks it may be from the roof transport system (I think I recall that you got that too?) and suggested that I take it off. I will try that, but I really like the way it looks and it seems to me that I should not be getting noise in the cabin from it (and that noise really does seem to be interior and not exterior noise (i.e. wide resistance).

How goes it for you?
    I'm loving this car,best of both worlds sports car and suv.My wife calls it the black B its black on black real nice.I'm also interested in getting the 20' sport wheels if anyone has some or may know were i can get some let me know
    E-bay??
    My cay came with 18turbo wheels but I wanted 17"original wheel for my snow tires.
    I got it from Ebay, 4 wheels with low low miles on tires for total of under $450 including the shipping cost. That was a great deal!
  • pwedmundspwedmunds Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market for a 06 CS. From reading the forum, the best deal sounds like 13.8% off of MSRP. I :surprise: live in the Seattle area, and there is only one Porsche dealer in town. Has anyone bought a CS from Barrier in Bellevue? What kind of discount were you able to get from them? :confuse: I would also like to know if anyone bought a 06 CS anywhere along the west coast, which city the dealer is located and how much discount from MSRP. I am seriously considering out of state purchase if I cannot get the discount I want from local dealer.
  • pwedmundspwedmunds Member Posts: 4
    robmob, can you tell me which dealership you bought you 06 CS?
    pwedmunds:

Don't think you can expect 13.8% off on a '06 CS. Poster who stated this price I recall was referring to base Cayenne, '05 which had been on the lot. Dealers seem to be willing to discount the base Cayennes more, probably because they are competing with the similarly powered VW on price. The CS is a whole different story.

After doing much research before (custom) ordering my CS, it seemed the best deals which could be had were in the 9-10% range for the CS.

I ordered mine from Porsche of Nashua (NH). Came in 2 weeks ago and it is absolutely awesome! (In terms of timing, I ordered it mid-August, the build was completed in Lepzig on 9/13, and it was delivered in the US about a month later.

Dealer was a pleasure to work with and it took us about 5 minutes to reach a deal when he realized I had done the research on this site. (This dealer sells a lot of cars out of state and they seem to want to increase their Cayenne sales, which lag the other model sales).

Good luck.
    rome,

great to here the experience is grand so far! will be picking ours up tomorrow. boy i can tell you it was like ali/frazier in selling my X5 with 70,000 miles. the 4x4 market seemed to of fallen out of bed. anyway, was finally able to sell the X5 for 21 even after only 3 calls in a months span. oh, that didn't include the dealers who wanted 1500 upfront to sell it for me! say did you get that protective clear shield for the front? i opted for it since i'm getting black metalic.
    rome, got the roof rails...boy it was so long since i last posted i forgot i was billyg2 so logged on as billyg01...
  • billyloballbillyloball Member Posts: 6
    I've been looking at various SUV's and am really interested in the CS. I researched dealer inventories and have noticed several new 2004's. They seem pretty motivated to deal. Why does Porsche have leftover 2004's? Is there anything I should be aware of for this model year?

Thanks.

Bill
    I hear you. I still have not sold my X5 but it looks like I have a serious buyer now who is having the car looked at by a mechanic today. (It is still BMW certified!!). Gives you some perspective as a buyer how hard of a time people having selling (even high end) used vehicles.

The CS totally kicks [non-permissible content removed]...having lots of fun with it. After living with it for a few weeks, even though there are some things about it that are a little quirky (like 3 different clocks), I am enjoying much more than the X5, which is so sedate in comparison.

Didn't get the clear shield, but I did get the roof carrying system (not rails).

Roof squeak went away. (I think car had to settle a little).

Only 2 issues are: 1-- Ashtray doesn't slide in and out; and 2-- Seat belt warning chime is driving me nuts and dealer won't disconnect it. (I usually do wear the belt, but sometimes going around the corner, in driveway or garage I won't and the ringing is so annoying).
  • billyg01billyg01 Member Posts: 1
    rome, got back from porsche nashua a little over an hr ago. we were there for over
    2 1/2 hrs. & the experience was 2nd to none. there were a couple of scratches in the clear coat & they got them out. the fellow who got them out was real nice & said he could zano our car if we wanted. it appears to me anyway that they have a good detailing dept & a basic detail only ran i think $189. a zano job would be more because it takes a lot longer. so get a load of this, the fellow that bought the X5, had taken the car to his cousin who works only on bmw's 1 daya fter picking up the car. the dash board light had gone on calling for a catalitic converter & sensor check. he's claiming she needs 2 cat's & 4 sensors. that comes to aprox 3 grand! anyway i told him to go to an authorized bmw dealer in his case chambers to get it checked. i inturn called foreign motors west just to double check & they said the work would be all covered (if she needed the work) all for the $50 deductable. oh boy, glad the car is still certified and transferable! i told him if work was needed that i'd pay the 50.
    I've only had my car for 12 days and I feel like I wanted to get it detailed already...HA HA

I may just take a ride up there.

Chambers told me today that they will service the car but they won't give me a porsche loaner because I did not buy it there.
    why the nerve of chambers! felt the $20 that nashua charges for a loner was fair
    especially when they said you get a car with a full tank of gas. sales manager said yesterday that he just received a notice that they are cutting back on all turbo productions effective emmediately. he said a new turbo order that he was inking for close to $130,000 would now cost this saudi arabian closer to $150,000
    or something like that. he's a real nice guy...
    It was purchased from Rockville MD porsche.
  • plisken1plisken1 Member Posts: 13
    Hello. I am new to the forum. I am looking at an '05 Turbo with 12,500 miles. Dealer is asking 79,900. Would like your opinion on what would be a fair price to offer. Thank you. By the way... great forum!
    What options are on the truck? Some Porsche options are ridiculously overpriced but nevertheless will increase to some degree the resale price. If this one is typically appointed with an original sticker of 95-99K, I would offer 76K. If it is dealer certified with an extended warranty I would offer 77-77.5K.