Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayenne Prices Paid

Comments

• plisken1plisken1 Member Posts: 13
    Truck is fairly-well loaded. Just about everthing, including light wood package, 19" wheels, trailer hitch, moonroof, 4 zone air, XM satellite radio, titanium metal paint, full leather interior, 6-disc CD changer, light comfort pakage. About the only things missing are roof rails, entry/drive and window shades. MSRP was just over 97K. It is dealer certified. Not sure about the extended warranty.
  • mbaileymbailey Member Posts: 10
    I suspect you will get it if you offer 77K. I looked on autotrader and there are a ton of 05 Cayennes on there so you might offer less. Good luck and let us know how you do!
  • plisken1plisken1 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the advice... I will keep you posted.
  • allston3allston3 Member Posts: 1
    First off - great forum

1. I having been looking at the Cayenne S all week and am probably going to buy today. I looked at the FX, X5 and even the bigger AWD sedans (5 series and a6) - despite some of the styling the S seems to be the best of all worlds (currently drive a s4 - too small). Did I miss any vehciles .... note I will not get a Range Rover cause the dealership is WAY too far away

2. Over the phone I already had one dealer in Boston drop a S (with Air susp., turbo wheels and PCM 2) from 69,560 to 64,900 - that is 6.7% and this is on a NEW 06. Black on Black. How much better can I do ... 8 %, 9%?

3. This may seem tickey teackey but what are the opinions of the "soft leather"? This particular S has soft and it looks more like a lexus then a porsche ... will it wear ok?

4. I have not been able to find any good pics of the interior (in black) with the carbon fiber beltline trim? I have seen it in the RS4s and in the light interior ... how does it look?

Thanks for the help
  • aleksisaaleksisa Member Posts: 11
    were you able to get better than 6.7%?
  • billyg2billyg2 Member Posts: 30
    hi allston,

received 9% of the s ordered 7-14. picked up last
    week from porsche nashua. the experience as posted
    previous was a good 1. msrp $68,000 & change. opted
    for mud flaps last minute & didn't realize they cost around
    700. also added the protective coating for the
    front & rear for 700.
  • tony1111tony1111 Member Posts: 1
    Dealer in Woodland Hills, CA, is offering a 2006 Cayenne S, with minimal extras (moonroof, tungsten paint, floormats only) for a "few thousand" below sticker which is about $59k. He's offering a lease factor of .00295 on a 48month lease.

Anybody have opinions on how low this car might go? IMHO, most people want their Cay fairly loaded, but I don't care.

Any other suggestions?
  • racer_65racer_65 Member Posts: 43
    I am seeing a lot of '04 Cayenne's coming to the market. Just check out Ebay Motors or Craigslist; there are tons of them. The interesting thing is that the typical asking prices are mostly very high, which doesn't make sense, since the new ones don't cost that much more after haggling. I think pretty soon sellers must adjust to the supply-demand equation.

I recall that back in 2004, I have seen dealer promotions at $53k for a new Cayenne S. That's how much I would offer for a new one today (assuming the vehicle is sparse on options). With that consideration, I would not pay more than $43K for a '04 Cayenne S with low mileage.
  • romerome Member Posts: 19
    In response:

1. Just got the CS in place of my X5 4.4 and there is no comparison. GEt the CS.

2. I got about 9.5% off a custom ordered CS from Porsche of Nashua, and it had a similar sticker to the one you described.

3. Get full leather. This is different frm the "soft look seats" which I don't really like. They look too cushy. Full leather means the whole cockpit, dash etc. is all leather with stitching-- looks just like the interior of the turbo and "makes" the car IMO.

4. There are pictures of the carbon interior in the dealer T-Equipment brochure and also there are some guys who posted it on a well known P-Car site, which I don't think I can refer to by the rules of this forum.
  • fangersfangers Member Posts: 6
    Was looking at Mercedes ML till I drove the Cayenne last weekend. Just saw some photos of 2007 model and it looks pretty sweet from the very few photos that I could find.

I would love any feedback, pro or con on whether to go 2006 or 2007 model of CS. I'm also looking for a price to achieve on purchase and are many people buying there car from other dealers in the US and not in there own state? Looking for any input and guidance on this situation.
  • rowlandjrowlandj Member Posts: 254
    The 'facelift' will not be until the 2008 MY so if you like the Cayenne no point in waiting. I have heard that average discounts run anywhere from 7 to 9 percent off MSRP so that's a good target.

I have had my Cayenne since August and I am enjoying every minute. I did get the 'air suspension' so we could tailor the ride for my wife's preferences as well as mine and it has been a worthwhile option.

Happy Hunting.
    Would I look to take off the 7%-9% with any options that I choose also?
    I would also like to know what options you would consider for the CS. What options were worthwhile versus personal want.
    Has anyone used a car broker to help negotiate or just go it alone.
    Any thoughts, help ,or advice is appreciated.
    The percent off was off the total, including options. I went for the air-suspension, bi-zenon's, heated front/rear seats and navigation as 'must have' items.

I also got the tow hitch, soft leather, dark wood package and a few other things as 'nice to have' based on other vehicles I have had in the past.

Good luck
  • kerk1kerk1 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a 05 or 06 Cayenne with minimal equipment. For an 06 dealer gave me 6% discount over the phone. He also has an 05 with 2900 miles listed for $ 44K. How much do you think I should offer? I saw in other postings reductions around 13.7% for new 05s. Is that where I should also be? Thanks.....
  • mr_nomad2007mr_nomad2007 Member Posts: 5
    Kerk 1,

I was just in St Pete's Florida at the Bert Smith Porsche. The dealer was offering $8000-$9000 off the sticker price of a slick Crystal Silver 2005 Turbo Cayenne with powerful 20" Techno Wheels. His Sticker price was $98695.00 (apporx 10% discount) but i'm sure they would take more off because they're being pressured to get the '05 and '06 off the lot.

Hope i was of help. Cheers

Mr_nomad2007
  • svinaiksvinaik Member Posts: 84
    There are enough advertised deals taking $ 10K off the Cay S & $ 12-13K off the Turbo. Vs Cay is being advertised at $ 7.5K off the MRSP.
  • kerk1kerk1 Member Posts: 2
    ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT 05 MODELS? IF YES, WHERE HAVE YOU SEEN THE ADVERTISEMENTS? THANKS.....
  • svinaiksvinaik Member Posts: 84
    Yes these deals are for the 05 model and available easy in cincinnati area.
  • rrfan1rrfan1 Member Posts: 7
    i visited a dealership this weekend and test drove the 2006 Cayenne and the Cayenne S. I also have traded emails with several internet sales managers. it seems that the lowest the dealerships will go is $2800 over invoice on both the cayenne and cayenne S. It also seems that a dealer's demo car with under 10k miles costs $2000 over invoice.

Are other finding they can get more off than that? Also - if you have recently purchased or leased do you have to pay for the acquisition cost or are there some people out there that have negotiated out of this?

thanks for the help!
  • aoraor Member Posts: 5
    i am looking at a 05/v6 with msrp of 53.5k. it has 6500 miles on it -dealer loaner. dealer wants 46.5k with 100k extended warranty thrown in. i wanna offer 45k (incl 100k warranty). ani ideas, suggestions, advice as to what would be a fair price?
  • thinking2thinking2 Member Posts: 25
    I think if you pay him $45k you are being too generous. With no miles on it, he should give you 15% off MSRP for a leftover 2005 which basically gets you to $45k. If the extended warranty is worth $2.5k, that makes the price $47.5k. With 6500 miles on it, I think you should get another 10% off --- that would say fair price is probably around $43k max. Good luck.
    thank you very much for ur advice. really appreciate it.
  • valeralvaleral Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 06 Cayenne S - It seems like all I find in stock does not have the equipment I am looking for - Is there a chance to negotiate the price if I order one equipped as I would like it ? I am in NYC ....

Thanks
    You should be able to see the same discount on an ordered vehicle as an in-stock. If they are offering a percentage off it should apply to any vehicle, at least that was my experience at a Danbury dealer.

JR
  • obihobih Member Posts: 1
    I was told by a salesman that Titanium with Havanna Beige Leather interior would not be popular resale. Does anyone know if that is an unpopular combination? I happen to likeit and would you the info in price negotiation.
    I could see that choice as being somewhat out of the ordinary so I can see the person's point. I think that the only color in the 'dark' range that works with that interior is the black. Just my $.02 so take it for what it's worth.
  • amstamst Member Posts: 8
    I've been inquiring about leasing a Cayenne S with my local dealers. One of the dealers has acquired a bunch of these trucks from the Advanta Tennis tournament. They typically have about 300-600 miles on them. They aren't titled. I was quoted 10K off of a 65,500 MSRP Cayenne S. 48 Month lease payments with 12K/yr came out to $497/month (+ tax). Up front money is about $700. Is this too good to be true? Am I missing something?
    I would love to know where to inquire about this opportunity, it sounds great on the surface.

Thanks
  • amstamst Member Posts: 8
    Well...got a call from the salesman today...He says he "forgot to put in the money factor". Jerk!
    would like to know which dealership is this? would not mind looking to buy one. thanks.
    brandwine porsche, newton square PA-right outside philly has tennis cars.
    thanks to all the messages here -i was able to negotiate a deal i am happy with. bought a 05/ v6 silver/black for 16.2% off msrp. thanks.
  • dogballsdogballs Member Posts: 5
    Anyone aware of any 2006 Cayenne S deals in New Mexico, Colorado or Arizona? I know Stevinson in Denver has a $5,000 off MSRP promo going until the 15th. Any advice on leveraging deals in other States with your local dealer? How does a vehicle trade-in factor in to the equation? Will out of state dealers work with you on trade-ins? Thanks!
  • art12art12 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know of any good deals on 2005 Cayenne S Models. And what is a good price to pay? Thanks
  • atlmortgagecoatlmortgageco Member Posts: 1
    YOU CAN GET 10000 OFF MSRP 2006 MODEL IN ATLANTA AREA PORSCHE DEALER
    Sounds like you live in Denver. I live in Denver and saw the same ad,from reading previous postings, $5000 off is no great shake.Have you had any further luck in your search?I'm also looking for Cayenne S and have been looking countrywide as well as local Denver dealerships.Let me know your thoughts / results.

Thanks
  • dogballsdogballs Member Posts: 5
    I don't actually live in Denver, but travel there on business a couple of times a month. So here is a synopsis of my quest for a Cayenne S. I met with both dealers in Denver and my first impression is that Stevinson was more willing to negotiate. Stevinson quoted their $5,000 off deal and I pushed back with 10-12% off MSRP (around $6k-$7.5k depending on options). The salesman there said he would be willing to work with me - Prestige was a little more reluctant around the 10% off MSRP number, but said they would consider the offer. I took this prep-work back to my local dealer in New Mexico and spent about three hours in their showroom negotiating a deal. Initially they agreed to 10% off MSRP, but then tried playing shell games with my Trade-in and financing. I called them on it and we reached a stalemate at 8% off MSRP, below avg trade offer and not the best financing. In end, I walked. Now I am working on selling my vehicle to take that variable out of the equation. Once sold, I will again pursue the dealers in Denver - they seem to have higher volume and are therefore more willing to negotiate. It's too bad, I would really prefer to keep my business local. Also, I think the closer we get to the impending Cayenne Facelift, the more willing the dealers will be to negotiate as PCNA will likely provide dealer support. Good luck in your search and keep me posted on your efforts/results.
    I just looked at a 2004 Cayenne S with 25,000 miles. Any thoughts to what a good purchase price would be? It has very few options, moonroof, bose, mats, & bi-xenon lights I believe.
    thanks for any feedback.
  • kodiak3kodiak3 Member Posts: 1
    I hear that BMW is coming out with a 7 seater this year. Does anyone know if the CS will have that option as well?
  • tenzotenzo Member Posts: 24
    Today, I went out to buy FX35 AWD w/ Sports, touring, and floor mat, and splash guards for $38000.00 the dealer I went, they have Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, infiniti, and some more. I had chance to look their inventory and found a car I want to take test drive which was 06 black Cayenne. I ask the sales associate what he can do and he offered me pretty good numbers. I was pretty sure, I could get another $500 off form this deal, but the sale associate was so nice and I did not want to give him hard time. He also gave me such a good deal on my last BMW. Anyways I paid $44,500.00 before tax which was $5,330.00 off from MSRP. I don’t think this is the best I could get, but still love it.
    This is the detail about car.
    Base 42200.00 (blk/blk)
    Tiptronic S 3000.00
    Bi-xenon w/washers 1240.00
    Front real floor mats 130.00
    Wheel hub covers 185.00
    Moonroof 1150.00
    Front seat htr incl. string wheel 560.00
    Auto climatic control 550.00
    Destination charge 815.00
    Total 49,830.00

Invoice $43,380.00(base on Edmunds)

Is this a good deal??
  • sfman123sfman123 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all - first-time Porsche buyer and I would really appreciate any advice on pricing for a Northern California, 2004 Black/Black Cayenne S with 15k miles. Excellent shape, 18" Cayenne Turbo Wheels, Bi-Xenon Headlights with Washers, PCM II, Air Suspension with PASM, Trailer hitch w/o ball (don't want it, but oh well), Moonroof, Sports Aluminum Package, Front and Rear Park Assist. 1 owner.

Need to make a decision as soon as possible. Thnx!!
    I would offer $45K.

Some may say that's low balling it, but consider the following:

- 2004 model had lots of problems. Many people want to get rid of it. Surely depreciation will be steep for this model year.
    - You can buy a new 2006 model car without Air Suspension for probably just $10K more. Just find one with MSRP of around $62K, and try to talk them down 10-12%.
  • psu1983psu1983 Member Posts: 24
    I'm looking to buy a new 2005 Cayenne S, w/ a sticker of just over $63k for $51.5k...from what I can gather, appears to be a solid deal. Negatives are no bi-xenon lights, and a potentially unique color combo (jarama beige exterior w/ black leather interior). Any thoughts/insights? Thanks!
    Is this a leftover new vehicle, or used? If new, you can't beat that price.

Bi-xenon's would be nice, but for me personally, the vehicle provides better value the fewer options it has.

I see some 6 cylinder Cayennes with all kinds of equipments on it that pushes the sticker to well over $50K. To me, the only must-have option is the 8 cylinder Porsche engine.
  • billyg2billyg2 Member Posts: 30
    few posts here as of late so i figured
    i'd chime in. couldn't agree more on the
    8 vs the 6. we drove a 6 for a weekend
    then opted & ordered the 06 S & man what
    a difference. 2000 plus so far & very happy.
    Racer...

Thanks for your feedback. It is a new, leftover 2005 vehicle. Does appear to be a great deal. I've since come across another solid deal...a 2005 crystal silver w/ black interior, with a nice list of options (dark burr wood package, heated seats, bi-xenons, moonroof) which stickers for $62.7, which I can get into for under $52k. Will buy one of them tomorrow.
  • tenzotenzo Member Posts: 24
    Base 42200.00 (blk/blk)
    Tiptronic S 3000.00
    Bi-xenon w/washers 1240.00
    Front real floor mats 130.00
    Wheel hub covers 185.00
    Moonroof 1150.00
    Front seat htr incl. string wheel 560.00
    Auto climatic control 550.00
    Destination charge 815.00
    Total 49,830.00

Invoice $43,380.00(base on Edmunds)

Is this a good deal??
  • lleecpalleecpa Member Posts: 35
    Hi - I plan to buy a Cay S around May or June this year. I read 2007 Cay S has a face lift etc. Any suggestions on negotiation or strategy? I am in San Diego, California. I have been following discussions on this forum since May 2005. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    I was originally going to wait until the Spring as well to buy an '06, but then I started seeing what kind of deals could be had on leftover '05's. I purchased my new '05 S last weekend, which stickered for just under $63k and got it for $51k.
  • dandrews1dandrews1 Member Posts: 184
    I was doing a little math to figure out why it is so much harder to afford a Porsche up here in Canada than in the US, and take a look at this:

The current Exchange rate of CA to US is 1.1206 - Just looking at the MSRP's from the porsche.com and porsche.ca web sites for the Cayennes leaves me distraught... am I being ripped off??
    The third column is the "Should be MSRP with current exchange", fourth column is the Difference, in CA$.

US MSRP CA MSRP S/B MSRP Diff.
    Cayenne 42200 60100 47289.32 12810.68
    Cayenne S 57200 80100 64098.32 16001.68
    Cayenne Turbo 90200 126900 101078.12 25821.88
    Cayenne Turbo S 111600 157000 125058.96 31941.04

Exchange Rate 1.1206
    CA buys US

With decent options(but no air suspension), a Cayenne v6 up here costs minimum $70K CA... So on the base MSRP, the dealership is pocketing close to CA $13k($16k for S, $26k for the Turbo, and $32k for the Turbo S!!) - for what??? :confuse: If I can go the the states and get a % off of the US MSRP, what's the point of even buying one up here??

I really don't want to be buying a v6 Cayenne for MORE than what someone in the US would pay for a Cayenne S.

:(
    /DA