Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayenne Prices Paid

Comments

• emersongsemersongs Member Posts: 25
    I need a great orthopedic seat. How is the driver seat in the V6? I'm considering the XC90 because the Swedes seem to put a lot of time into their seat design and build. Thanks, Roger
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Regrettably, the Volvo seats are a little bit better. We have a XV70 and the seats are superior to the Cay V6 but only marginally so. The headrests are much better though. The distance from the base of the driver's head to the headrest is closer on the Volvo. Much closer. This I think will minimize whip lash. The Porsche head rest is not as sculpted as the Volvo or the Saab and I think that the driver's head could travel 6" to 8" before making contact and then dribble back and forth.
  • jc1063jc1063 Member Posts: 1
    Electronic fee was bogus! Finance mgr usually adds it on at last minute when it's not enough to back out on.

You still did good I only got 4000 off msrp...wife got caught up in emotion.
  • mailbox222mailbox222 Member Posts: 1
    my cayenne has about 11K miles and i am due for a oil change. The dealers around my area wants to charge me anywhere from $250-$325 for oil/air filter change. Should I change the oil myself? What oil is recommended? Anyone done this themselve? thanks!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Since this is the pricing discussion, you'll get more feedback in our regular Porsche Cayenne discussion. Other owners can tell you whether they've done it themselves, and recommend an oil (this should also be in your owner's manual).

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• highenderhighender Member Posts: 1,358
    OK,.,.,prices paid for dealer oil change that I got at 15000 miles was $250....including the Mobil 1 synthetic oil...

I also went to the local oil change shop...and brought my own Mobil 1 oil....and they changed the oil for only $39.99 including a free handwash...so the oil cost about $30 ..total less than $70.00...but they did not change the oil filter....which is a special order item...

I would just go online and buy your own filters, and have the local oil changers do the job...but tell them to be careful, and slowly remove the protective sheath that covers the undersides of the engine...
  • blackcayenneblackcayenne Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the prices of the Tech art 22'' GTS rims? (it's black with a little chrome polish lip)

thanks.
    those are nice....

I got the antera 323 rims....slightly cheaper than the techart...

I have the complete catalog for cayenne techart parts..., but I don't see a size 22 for SUV for the Formula GTS rims. IT does have a picture of the black faced rims with brushed silver lip.

for the size 19", it is $1049 each retail. normally one size wider adds $100 more each...so size 22" should be about $300 more each.

checkout techart site or CECwheels(Los Angeles)...

I got my techart stuff and wheels from them. hope this helps....

hope this

maybe they do make s
    those are nice....

I got the antera 323 rims....slightly cheaper than the techart...

I have the complete catalog for cayenne techart parts..., but I don't see a size 22 for SUV for the Formula GTS rims. IT does have a picture of the black faced rims with brushed silver lip. Matbe they do make the 22 inch, but its not in my catalog.

for the size 19", it is $1049 each retail. normally one size wider adds $100 more each...so size 22" should be about $300 more each. However, you can get a deal when ordering all 4 together.

checkout techart site or CECwheels(Los Angeles)...

I got my techart stuff and wheels from them. hope this helps....
  • ctdwctdw Member Posts: 13
    I test drove a Cayenne S today in CT and dealer was trying to say that they only discount 2-4% of MSRP. This does not seem to match the postings on this forum and is too low. Just wondering what discounts others are getting in CT. I am looking at a MSRP of 70K.
    the country some people have been seeing even up to $6000 off MSRP....so close to 8 % off....

buy at end of month , in slightly out of way dealerships....always walk out if they do not give in.....go back in a few days...but do NOt commit unless they give in....
  • gshocksvgshocksv Member Posts: 77
    I was shopping around for a Cayenne V6 in Southern Cal. I got a dealer with $46,195 MSRP, and I offered $43,695, and they accepted on the first shot. It's got auto with moonroof, that's pretty much it, am I getting a good deal?
  • hamiamhamiam Member Posts: 1
    In order to have any kind of standard I would say that one needs to talk in terms of % off MSRP and nor absolute dollars. I bot my Cayenne S in Greenwich CT and got approx 8% off MSRP. I had a great buying experience so I didnt feel like I should beat the salesmen up for an additional discount. People will tell you to go in at the end of the month or very late on a Saturday (as everyone who is working there wants to go home). I went in on a weekday afternoon at the beginning of January. I knew EXACTLY what I wanted and I wasted no one's time. Goto edmunds.com and use the TMV function to price it up. Depending on options, dealer invoice is around 80%-85% of MSRP. Good luck. The call would have been to buy a 2004 leftover but I was too late and couldnt find any with the options that I was interested in.
  • gshocksvgshocksv Member Posts: 77
    Yeah.. An expert in the forum, Terry which you might know, actually thinks I could probably get it for around $43,000, so that's about 7% off on the MSRP.. which would be nice considering this stripped down Cayenne V6 doesn't have many options, and therefore less profit.
  • topperheadontopperheadon Member Posts: 13
    I'm in the market for Cayenne with heated seats and st wheel, wood interior and moonroof. I've been given a quote of $45,900 in the NY-NJ area with fair price on Mercedes trade-in. Does this seem reasonable or can I do better? Thanks for any input.
    At first glance (and even after a re-read) this is a horrible deal. But you need to tell us more, e.g., '04 or '05, V6 etc.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    Just for comparison sake...

Leftover new '04 Cayennes at a local dealer...

MSRP from $52K to $65K

Discounts from MSRP of $6700-$9200

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• raven4raven4 Member Posts: 5
    I want to lease a Cayenne and would like to see any numbers from this year/month on a V6 2005.
  • topperheadontopperheadon Member Posts: 13
    Kydx and Blckislandguy: Thanks for the input. I can't get my NJ dealer to budge under $45,900 for an 05 Cayenne V6 with extras I described above. I think he feels he gave me a good offer on the trade in. It unnerves me to hear b.i. guy describe this as horrible. I'm going to take another shot at getting him to go lower, but, among the three dealers I've contacted, this is the best proposal I've received. Anyone else have better luck with dealers in NY or Northern NJ area?
  • jasontjasont Member Posts: 11
    I have really enjoyed reading this forum.

I am looking at two different 2005 Cayenne V6s, one with an MSRP of $54,700, the other is $53,700. The dealer is telling me that these MSRPs run about 6000 over invoice and that he will discount $4000 off the MSRP.

The MSRPs seem accurate when I cross reference them against different sites, is $4000 off MSRP a good deal?
  • westportseowestportseo Member Posts: 7
    My brother and I just took delivery on two Cayenne '05 turbos (one with turbo kit) here in CT. Total MSRP was a touch above $220k. We got 7% off MSRP will only one back-and-forth and shook hands with a smile.

Our buying experience was a credit to Porsche and the dealer. For some reason, only one salesperson was on duty, so the dealer were stacked up in the show room. It was Friday afternoon. The GM was helping out on the floor. When the GM got to my brother and me, he did not blink an eye at our request to test drive a Cayenne Turbo and promptly brought a car around for us, let us drive in turns and encouraged us to drive around to our hearts content—all the while we got the softest, most informative sell I have experienced in a long time. When we expressed interest, we were handed off to the lone salesperson. We spent a lot of time discussing what I will call the "options matrix," which I had already researched and memorized. The salesperson evidenced mastery of the options matrix. We found two cars in their inventory that were to our liking. I initially asked for 12% off MSRP. The salesperson remained calm and just respectively declined. After some discussion, the salesperson left the room and came back with 7%. Could we have countered and got, I don't know, 8% off? Probably, but by that point were so pleased with our treatment, we just asked for a minor option to be installed (CD changer) at their counteroffer price. A couple of minutes later, we were shaking hands with the salesperson and sales manager, with smiles all around.

Why, you might ask, am I so pleased with my buying experience? At first glance, my brother and I do not strike people as big shots. We do not act or dress the part. Put it this way, one time, when visiting my friend in a Manhattan office building, I was directed by security to go around to the back. He thought I was a Chinese food delivery guy. No big deal. No racism. No snobbery. It is just that if you act and dress modestly, most strangers will not, at first glance, expect that you are there for a meeting with an officer of the company or are there to purchase a Cayenne Turbo. This Porsche dealer, in my observation (because I also saw how others before me were being treated as well), deals with every person that walks in the door as if they were a celebrity there to buy a GT. This is one more reason I am happy and proud to be a (first time) Porsche owner.
    Congratulations! It sounds like you had a stellar shopping experience, and you got a great vehicle. Our other owners hang out in the Porsche Cayenne discussion, so you might want to stop by and say hi.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

jasont: I think $4k off $54k MSRP is a good deal. The discount is 7.5% off MSRP. I got 7% myself a week ago. Past a certain point, regardless of price level, every $100 is precious to the dealer. By no means am I an expert, but I think you are at that point. Good luck and happy driving regardless of what you end up getting. Let us know how things go.
  • sirmansirman Member Posts: 10
    I am interested in the Cayanne S close to bare bones (like the compass and the turbo wheels) not too bothered about anything else. I will take a model with a few (not so expensive extras) if they are to be had at a discount. Anyhows, the Edmunds TMV is equal to the MSRP at $57.5k. Is this bogus? Before I start in serious negotiations with the guys in Danbury - where should I be aiming and where should I walk away?
  • encinoomniaencinoomnia Member Posts: 48
    Hi, I'm interested in buying Cayenne, the town I live in have only one dealer for the Porsche. The other choice is about 3 hours away. The dealer in my town doesn't seem like interested in giving too much discount.
    I'm considering buying it out of town. But I'm concerned that if I can still get good service for maintenance etc from my town dealer .
    Edmunds TMV just seems to be defaulting to MSRP as a way of saying "insufficient information to tell"....I believe that 6 to 7 percent off MSRP is where the CT market is on Cayenne S as you describe it. If a CD Changer is lacking, I would suggest that it can be added with no additional expense as a final counter offer (ready to shake hands there and then) against something in the low 6 percent off MSRP range, which would get you back up to high 6 to 7 percent off MSRP. Good luck to you, and let us know how it goes if you end up shaking hands.

(By the way, I am no expert, but I get the above from reading Edmunds.com forums, talking to CT dealers, the experience of a friend of my brother's who bought two Cayennes recently in NY, and from my own experience purchasing a Cayenne myself here in CT—and, yes, my brother bought a Cayenne here in CT as well.)
    I asked this question directly to a Porsche General Manager (GM), who gave the honest reply: regardless of where you buy the car, you will get the same good service. This person had every incentive in the world to leave it to my imagination to believe a tie-in effect existed, but he was very clear on the point and explained the business rationale: sales and service are separate business units (both under the GM), employees within each unit end up being motivated and incented to do their best in completely separate ways; it is inefficient to run a dealership by tying sales and service together—from the GM's point of view, it just does not work well, it just does not get the most out of the people in each department.

That having been said, the GM may decide to offer some service perks (free or discounted loaner cars or free pickup and drop off service and so on) to service customers who also bought at the dealer. This GM did not offer such preferential perks, but I have seen and heard of this at some Lexus dealers. Apart from this possible perks practice (takes a minute to find out whether or not it exists at your local dealer), once your car is in for service, Lexus, Porsche, or what have you, I would not expect to be treated any differently than if you had bought at the dealer. Just sum up all the total potential dealer profits from either sales (one time profit) and service (continuing stream of profits), and it is not hard to believe. The owner of the dealership loves you for your business, and service business alone makes you a substantial customer.

Final suggestion: there are reasons beyond after-sales service to go with the local dealer, like less hassle for those tiny after sales things that might require quick trips to the dealer immediately after the sale and even plain old guilt about not going with the local guy or gal can come into play as well. Therefore, I never set the same walkaway price for the local and far away dealer. I am always willing to pay more to the local dealer. Set that price differential in your head, then forget the issues that went into that price differential, and negotiate with a clear mind. It has worked like a charm for me always, and I think it is good way to deal with this local versus distant dealer issue. Best of luck to you, and please let us know how it goes if you end up driving that Cayenne down Main Street.
  • suttgartsamsuttgartsam Member Posts: 1
    After much research and debate I had come to the conclusion that the 20" sport techno wheels were the way to go - however after a lengthy discussion with the dealer his suggestion "you're gonna need a second set of wheels you know" came up. Apparently the 20" sport tires are like "wearing loafers and running on ice" below 40F weather. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Also i was looking at $66k flat for a 2006 - guaranteed 2005 prices for an '06 - sticker+options on it is $69700 - is that a deal for an S ?
  • newpeppernewpepper Member Posts: 5
    On March 25th I ordered a Cayenne S "May Build" and got 8% off my customized order. This took the price of a fairly loaded S (pcm, 20" sp design, heated seats, moonroof, satellite radio, light memory, memory seats, etc...)to under 63K. This will be a 2005 model, so maybe that is the reason for such a great deal on it. May is the last month that they will begin building an '05 model. The '06 models begin production in July with the May builds finishing up at the end of June. If you can wait until late June early July your dealer probably still has the ability to customize one his final allotment of '05s . Get him to really drop his pants if already has too much inventory.
    The options on the dealer inventory of the Cayennes never made much sense to me. Anytime you would see a C S with PCM it would always have a sticker in the high 60's to mid 70's. I went online and figured out that the "packages" options was the main culprit inflating the prices. You get one option in the package that you need and five more you are never going to use for $3890.00, add the PCM and satellite and you just spent $8000.00. I think it is better to select the options individually. Don't buy one without the PCM, the resell w/o it may be tough. Good Luck.
    Love those 20" sport techno wheels! I ended up with the 20" Cayenne Sport wheels—it's what were on the car. Here are the two main issues around 20" Cayenne wheels as I understand them:

(1) In snow or ice (I would not think low temperature alone is enough to apply to what I am about to say), the Cayenne with 20" wheels is likely to be unstable and stressful to drive. This, of course, puts aside specialized snow driving skill, which can go a long way against the laws of physics.

(2) If you have 20" wheels, there are no snow tires that I am aware of for your wheels. Practically speaking, the biggest snow tires available go up to 19" wheels, with even that being pretty exotic. 18" snow tires is more the typical upper extreme. Of course, the market is working its way up to the bigger wheels, so what I am saying is probably becoming less valid with every passing month.

The bottom line: if you are going to drive in snow and ice, then you probably do want a second set of snow tires and rims in addition to your incredible 20" sport technos!

Parting comment: 20" wheels are great, but I think the 19" wheels are fantastic looking as well, possibly even more in proportion with the overall Cayenne body. If you got the 19" sport technos, you could either go with all season tires or need only two sets of tires, not two sets of tires and rims.
    Hi, I have another question.
    I am really hoping to get some advices here...
    I don't really care for the moon roof or some other added fancy options. But I'm confused. What will be the MUST HAVE options?
    Westportseo, I found your "Where to Buy" post an excellent, thoughtful presentation. Erudite, even. But, your next post on winter driving scares me. I know of no one that has the "specialized snow driving skill" to repeal the law of physics when it comes to 20" tires in snow, ice, and slush. Least of all a newbie Cay owner in his first winter. This is nuts. I doubt that a Cay with 20" or larger wheels would even get out of the driveway many a morning this winter. If it did, it would have poor braking and control. Kind of like a '72 Chevy SS Impala with a 409 on Firestone 500 bias plies.

Additonally, before everyone rushes out to buy the new 20" and beyond wheels for non-winter use that are advertized on ebay, consider two ideas. First, these tire/wheel combos are going to hydroplane. Badly. There is no way around it. Secondly, they are going to ride harshly and after the bling bling wears off, you'll be unhappy. Just look at all the USED big wheel packages on ebay for Porsches.
    Maybe the only MUST HAVE options are the ones already in the car with the lowest absolute price? I think you will have a hard time finding a Cay for exampe without Tiptronic and a sun roof. So, if you are on a budget, forget about the options and just find the lowest priced Cay?
    Blckislandguy, thank you for the compliment on my Where to Buy post.

I just re-read my snow tires post. I agree with you on all points. I think I stated things poorly on snow tires. (I edited the post down too severely.) Indeed, the 20" tires are severe to drive. After driving on the 20" wheels, I will drive my wife's LX470, and my body will sigh with relief. My hands miss the performance, but my kidney's do not miss the electric jolts they get with every bump in the road.

Also, I do expect 20" tires to make the Cayenne undrivable in the winter here in CT. I understood this when I purchased my car a couple of weeks ago. I had decided from the beginning to get a second set of smaller rims and winter tires, which I have not yet done. My allusion to skill and the laws of physics comes from someone I knew who grew up in the Italian Alps. He also raced cars. He would drive me around hairpin corners in the snow to demonstrate how to drive in difficult snow conditions. It made quite an impression on me. It reminded me how much driver skill can go toward controlling a car in the snow. On the other hand, I have experienced the stress and danger of driving on high performance tires that do not belong on snow. I felt guilty afterwards, too, because I endangered others on the way home, even though I drove 5 to 10 mph the whole way. And, yes, once home I could not get the same car to move forward on a level driveway after sitting on a couple of inches of snow for a few minutes. That made quite an impression on me as well. So, definitely, I must agree with blckislandguy: if you buy 20" tires with the Cayenne and live in a winter snowing region, you must get a second set of smaller rims and snow tires or garage the car during the winter.
    I agree with blckislandguy. There are no must have options. Not to boast, but my Cayenne is about as loaded as a Cayenne can be. It has been at the dealer for a week now, so I have been driving a Cayenne loaner. I found the loaner's sticker price in its trunk the other day: it is less than half the sticker price of my Cayenne, but I am really enjoying driving the loaner. It does not have the options of my car, but it is just as fantastic in the most essential ways. I do not regret getting my car. Not one bit, but I would not regret the Cayenne at half the price either, even after having driven my car for a week, because it is still very well equipped and you do get closer to the pure sports car experience with a streamlined setup. Gadgets can be fun, but I think they are contrary to the escapist experience one can get in a sports car, which the Cayenne surely is. Furthermore, gadgets break down, sometimes spontaneously—sometime requiring your car to be in the garage for a week and counting?!
    Thanks for replies!.
    One of the thing I personally preffer is that I don't want to have a sunroof or moon roof. I just want solid roof. Checked some dealers but they don't even have one like that Only way might to be custom ordering it. I wonder if I can still get 7-8% off when it is custom orderd...
  • rowlandjrowlandj Member Posts: 254
    Just ordered and the discounts applied. At this point you may end up with an '06 because from what I hear May allocattions are pretty much out and June starts the build of the new year.

JR
    Why don't you go ahead and order one not only without the roof but also without the Tiptronic? That might be a lot of fun and you would save some up front money. Ordering it with the stick shift would result in a MSRP of only 41K or so. That means you are now driving a new Cayenne for not much more than a loaded Ford Exploder. That's a good deal!

Please let us know how it works out. While the stick shift is supposedly just now available, I've never seen one.
  • simisimi Member Posts: 2
    i also got sticker shock with options i didn't want or felt were unnecesssary for me.. also didn't want the moonroof as i never opened the ones I had on previous cars.. ordered my cayenne with tiptronic, light package, seat memory, navigation,wood steering wheel and shift , automatic climate control, and a few other bells and whistles that I personally wanted.. got 10% off sticker price and got it exactly the way i wanted it. for 46,000... had to wait 3 mos. but it was worth it.. drives fabulous and is beautiful, just the way I wanted it..
    Simi, good for you. The Porsche option/price list is nutty. But, you made me curious. What was the MSRP on this jewel? I ask that because the options you listed aren't cheap and certainly added 12K or so to the base price before your discount.

Incidentally, this is a live and learn thing. I now wish I had gotten the Bose surround sound for $1800 and not the moonroof. While no salesman would agree with my rationale, it is my money and who cares about resale six years down the road. Speaking of sunroofs, the local Rover dealer realizes that Rover charges too much for the ones on the Disco. So he simply has a local shop cut them in and everyone saves.
  • teamyonexteamyonex Member Posts: 42
    I'm in the market for an S model, and am debating price of wheels as well. I find it interesting that the Range Rovers come standard with 19" wheels, with the 20"s an option. With the offroad reputation of the RR, there must be good m+s tires available... I'd sure like the techno 20"s painted to match.
  • ca_manca_man Member Posts: 23
    I'd be grateful if you could let me know if any of you have any recommendations on Porsche dealers in the SF Bay Area ?

Thanks !
    There are no M & S tires in 19" and certainly not in 20" that I know of. Look at the Range Rover Sport that Top Gear tested in the previous issue at the Nurembergring in snow. They were running summer tires and I don't think they strayed far from the median.

Can you spell "hydroplane" and "tort lawyer"? ("Well lets see, Mr. Moneybags, isn't it correct that you were in a new Porsche with oversize, special summer tires driving in freezing rain when you crossed over to the opposing lane and struck my client ...").
    Please take this conversation to our regular Porsche Cayenne discussion. This topic is about pricing & purchasing experience only - features & faults can be discussed in the topic linked above. Thanks.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• jay13jay13 Member Posts: 9
    Some questions from a first-time Porsche-looker:

1) Any thoughts where Porche sets its lease residuals? I'm looking for a 3 year lease on a Cayenne S and need to drive about 17,000 miles a year, so figure I'll put 50,000 miles on the car.

2) Has anyone on this board leaed through Porsche? How was your money factor compared to what you could get through a bank?

Thanks for any insights.

Jay
  • jagjimjagjim Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have any idea on how the 05 compares to the 06? As near as I can tell the 06 is a new mildly modified body style....
  • simisimi Member Posts: 2
    sticker was just under 52,000...price paid was actually 45,600
  • teamyonexteamyonex Member Posts: 42
    See my reply on the Cayenne message board.
  • chance6chance6 Member Posts: 13
    I was just offered $10k off MSRP of $66k on a 2004 Cay S with basically 1000 miles on it. However after looking at Kelley Blue Book I have concluded that this still is not a very good deal, since a car of this age is MSRP of $56k. My claim would be to get another 6-7% off on this car...am I off base or is this reasonable ? I think the sales guy is trying to snow me.
  • pbuyer1pbuyer1 Member Posts: 2
    Went to buy a CS at Anderson Behl (Stevens Creek Porsche in San Jose, CA) They gave a fair price for the CS, and for my trade. Sounds great, right? Wrong. I have financing online from Capital One using their "Blank Check" At the last minute the sale guy says "oh no, we don't accept that check, last time it took Capital One 90 days to pay us..." He then tried to steer me into using their financing which was about a full point higher. His logic was it would only be about $40 bucks a month more... Yeah right. Except over the life of the loan it would have added up to thousands more in interest. I said no thanks. I called Capital One. They said they pay as soon as the check hits the bank, 3 to 5 days at most, and that the sales guy was just trying to pull a fast one... What do you guys think? Sleazy trick or legit concern?