Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey vs. Toyota Sienna

Comments

• fred222fred222 Member Posts: 200
    Simple question: Have you ever been in an accident because you couldn't go? How about because you couldn't stop in time?

AWD helps you go, that's it. Winter tires help you go, stop and handle better.

Not entirely true, but I do generally agree with you. AWD has its place, but in very limited low traction conditions which most people almost never encounter. I live in a heavy snow area in E WA on the top of a hill. I recently sold a 4x4 Suburban in which I only used the 4x4 to go down the hill. One morning I was going down the hill slowly in 2nd gear and shifted down into 1st gear and managed to lock up all the wheels and go into a slide. Since I did not have my foot on the break I quickly got out of the slide, but it was pretty unpleasant. I very rarely needed the 4x4 to get up the hill.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Why not just use the brakes and let the ABS keep you from skidding? Down shifting can (as you know) make the wheels loose traction.
  • winston7winston7 Member Posts: 11
    i dont think Oddyssey is the best compared to the Sienna coz you have to look at the price comparison. If toyopta would be selling its van at the same price with Honda I think it would be better in its features. Just think of the eight seater of Honda which slides in a small seat in the second row which is outrageous. Its like they just thought forgot all about it and just fit a small seat to make it a eight seater, RIDICULOUS!
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Umm, ok. Care to elaborate?
  • davantdavant Member Posts: 294
    Probably Sienna owners with buyers remorse, LOL.
  • ctalkctalk Member Posts: 646
    Why not just use the brakes and let the ABS keep you from skidding?

On ice and snow, ABS offers very little help. Winter tires are MUCH better than all of these advanced safety systems combined. These systems can only manage the existing grip. They cannot increase grip. The best way to go is winter tires. These tires work so well. My Honda Accord on winter tires can plow through icy hills/roads better than the best AWD SUV on all seasons.

Of course, in less severe winter conditions. Good all seasons are ok, but do not offer the reassuring grip that winter tires give.
    Exactly - winter tires are better for going downhill. That is why the brakes will help more than downshifting.
    no remorse on this one but just a simple analogy. First and foremost when you want to compare two things and derive a fair and justly comparison those two things should have same quality or standards. Just like if you want to compare which fruit is the best, you cant compare an apple with a watermelon even though both of them are fruits coz you cant derive an exact analogy out of it. Many factors are involve. So much so about Oddyssey and Sienna. Prive wise Oddyssey is much much expensive than Sienna. Putting that into sense, more price means more accessories, power, adds. etc can be included. Would you not think if Sienna would be at that price it wouldnt have more add ons, etc. So think rationally. I know for a fact that these two cars have the best quality do dont feel bad about my opinion for the oddyssey, Im just trying to put a fair and just comparison!
  • 05ody05ody Member Posts: 103
    Have you ever sat in that seat? its better then you think and was actually thought out very well alot of people perfer that seat apposed to the 8th seat in the Sienna. I do. I dont use it very much so it is more comfortable for the captian chairs with the arm rests. And when I do use the 8th seat, it is comfortable. I think with the Sienna LE you only get 1 power sliding rear door is rediculas. Why would you put 1 and not 2? and to boot the LE I was looking at was more then my Odyssey!
  • master1master1 Member Posts: 340
    When the car skids, it is very difficult to stop it from skidding. When the car is skidding, you cannot brake, or steer ortherwise the car will skid even more. ABS does not do much in snow and ABS is only for brakes.
    Snow tires, and AWD have better grip to prevent skidding, and reduce the time of skidding.
    dont think its that comfortable on long drives especially if 3 people are seated in that row. Tried that and of the sienna too with three persons(adults) and on long drives it really shows that sienna is more comfortable.
    You keep making comments about how the Odyssey is MUCH MUCH expensive (I think you meant MORE expensive there). It really isn't, as many here can attest. When you can find a Sienna optioned similarly to an Odyssey, they are all similar in price.

Many Sienna and Odyssey owners alike have stated this.

By the way; it's Odyssey with one "D" not two (perhaps you don't like the ODD-YSSEY?)
    better you look up the price of both vehicles in the market coz i dont think the price are the same. Go look for the base price of the lowest model of each vehicle in your dealers then you will see that Sienna is cheaper.
    Pricing works both ways. To get the Odyssey with the features I wanted it would have cost $3,000 more than my Sienna.

If anything the packing of the Ody is what makes you buy up a model. The Sienna has many more packages. Because there are so many choices it may take a little looking to find what you want, but it is out there.
    I believe you whole-heartedly. I believe you also understand the point I was trying to make:

That the Odyssey isn't more expensive, period, as our friend in the earlier post was leading everyone in the forum to believe, in fact, in can be quite the opposite. Sorry if my words got misconstrued, but I wanted to use facts, not baseless opinion, to make my point.

You, dudley, at least recognized the different methods of packaging that Toyota and Honda use. It works better for some than others.

Try three months to find the Sienna my great aunt wanted; after 3 months of searching in Birmingham, with every delaer wanting to sell her the car she wanted but with more options, she went with a simple choice. Odyssey EX. She got the eighth seat she wanted, the auto climate, power doors, 6-disc changer, cloth, and Vehicle Stability Assist, for $27,200. The closest Sienna she could find (I was involved in shopping with her b/c she is single and over 60; she didn't want to go alone) had all of this but no 8th seat and no auto climate, but had some other things, and listed for $29.5k (yes, it could've been dealt down). She really wanted the 8th seat and likes the idea of Auto Climate Control (her last vehicle had it), so the Odyssey was just a much easier choice to make.
    good point! thats what I was driving at between the comparisons but I do not know why people misinterpret it as putting the Ody in a bad spot!
    The main reason for misinerpretation is the fact that you used no real supporting facts, making what you said "appear" as baseless heresay, whether it was or not. Just drive at it a little harder next time and make things a little clearer for the many readers and few posters of this forum.

Someone posted the other day that the "Honda sucked." My only response to them was a request for them to elaborate. I didn't say they were wrong, I just wanted more information to see if they were just mouthing, or had a valid point.

Same case here, although less obvious. The claims of "odyssey is much more expensive" WEREN'T backed up with any more information. YES, the LX Odyssey costs more than the CE Sienna (both base models), but the LX Odyssey has far more standard equipment. Just a simple explanation was all I was hoping for, all I gave, and all dudleyr gave, and it was perfectly sufficient.

By the way, congratulations on your advanced age and education. We are all very proud.

P.S. Sorry you took the request of formal writing so badly, I was just writing what I've seen hosts ask of posters before, so I figured I'd request it before a host stepped in. Forgive me, it was not my place.
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    "...when you want to compare two things and derive a fair and justly comparison those two things should have same quality or standards. Just like if you want to compare which fruit is the best, you cant compare an apple with a watermelon even though both of them are fruits coz you cant derive an exact analogy out of it."

I'm still trying to work this one out.... :confuse:
  • 05ody05ody Member Posts: 103
    Well some people are different I guess. I had a full van of 8 adults and they said it was very comfortable in all the rows and seats. As for putting something like a babyseat in the 8th seat (yes I tried it), I would not reccomend it.
    Winston, you said, "Prive wise Oddyssey is much much expensive than Sienna. Putting that into sense, more price means more accessories, power, adds. etc can be included. Would you not think if Sienna would be at that price it wouldn't have more add ons, etc. So think rationally."

Huh?

I believe you think rationally but don't agree with your analogies. The problem may be your ability to express this logic in text so I'm having trouble understanding you, not that you haven't thought it out sufficiently.

I chose the Odyssey in Touring trim with RES and Navi compared to another apple, the XLE Limited. The Toyota was more expensive (much much so, LOL) not only in MSRP but what I could negotiate. The Odyssey has more spirit, vive, and maybe you'll agree it handles more like a sports sedan than a family truckster (read as Sienna). Seating eight isn't a priority here. Compare both a base model and a top of the line but be sure they are similarly equipped vehicles (not possible to duplicated them exactly). While Toyota has nifty features like Bluetooth, I don't use it. The distance keeping cruise control is nice but who cares in backed up traffic.

Honda dealers have fewer choices to cloud what you are and aren't getting in a minivan for instance; three trim levels, with or without leather, with or without RES and/or Navigation, nothing else but add on accessories! Toyota prefers the Sienna Stroganoff, a complicated array of option packages that assure you get this with that but not the other. It appears this marketing ploy was meant to confuse all but the dealer and drive up prices. I have a neighbor with a decked-out XLE Limited in AWD who found out later (his own fault?) he has the ill-fated Toyota version of runflats, they are sad poor riding imitation PAX, Honda's ride is superb here. The Honda camp is also full of unintentional comprimises (PAX, power liftgate=Touring only).

The Sienna has a more plush ride but does too much rocking and rolling on uneven roads as it lacks the Ody's independent suspension, the Sienna using an 'old school' trailing arm/rigid axle. Cross railroad tracks at an angle and you'll see exactly what I mean.

I respect your opinion to chose what you feel is the best value. If you use logic and do a 'fair and exacting' comparison you'll find that both fruits are tasty and cost is pretty much much close... one decidedly tangier and more refreshing than the other.

Opine on,

Davant
  • lastwraithlastwraith Member Posts: 350
    Same here. Though even if the Ody is the watermelon and the Sienna is the apple (or whatever way you want to put it) I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. The simple fact of the matter is that if the title of the board was "apples vs watermelons" and someone comes in to say we shouldn't be comparing the two I think they might be in the wrong place. Since the title of this board is Ody vs Sienna, it's safe to assume what the likely comparison is. If people don't like it, umm.....why stay?

Also, I second the fact that the Ody is not necessarily more expensive. When we went shopping for my in-laws, the Ody was the cheaper of the two simply because of the requirements they had and the available models. And even though the Sienna had a more flexible options package, the local dealers were incapable of getting the ones in that they wanted. The Ody ended up being cheaper for their needs. Having said that, we all thought the Sienna was very nice as well. It's impossible to lose with either vehicle. You just have to know what you desire in a minivan.
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    personally, i wonder how someone could negotiate a good deal on a Sienna that wasn't on the dealer's lot. by offering all these options, isn't the manufacturer making it easier for the dealers to confuse true value and comparison to other makes in the minds of the consumer? i mean, why offer all these variations if they aren't available everywhere? i think the Honda options model makes more sense personally.
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Toyota offers more options on the Sienna than Honda does with the Odyssey. Yes, it is simple to select an Odyssey because the option availability is very limited.
    However, a little research lets any customer know the Sienna options that are available in each region. Toyota (and Honda )dealers list their inventory online and it is VERY easy to locate a Sienna (and Odyssey ) equipped as desired.
  • estoesto Member Posts: 136
    Toyota (and Honda )dealers list their inventory online and it is VERY easy to locate a Sienna (and Odyssey ) equipped as desired.

I beg to differ. For example, could you please tell me how to find the Odyssey inventory at Ron Tonkin Honda (Portland OR area dealer)? I tried every way I could think of, and no go. Tonkin dot com is where I started. This is not an isolated case, either. Many other dealerships I've tried have the same problem.
    I think you misunderstood the purpose of his post. He was referring to the number of possible selections a van buyer can make at each make. A Honda buyer would have LX, EX, EXL, or Touring with two options on the latter two models, those being NAV and DVD player. A buyer looking for a Sienna, while offering more overall choices, may get confused with the numerous options and packages available, along with the different applications of said option packages together (Sienna X may offer package a, b, and c, while Sienna Y may offer b, d, and e, while Sienna Z may offer only package a and d. There are many more choices for the buyer, but the different method in which each package can be found can get confusing, especially for the buyer wanting their sienna with package a and c, without b, d, or e.

Locating inventory on the internet is a different story altogether, and the responsibility of the dealer, usually. Try looking in the Prices Paid and Buying Experiences forum for advice on finding your dealer's inventory online. More people in there are glad to help, and have more expertise than we in the comparison forum(s).
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    "Toyota (and Honda )dealers list their inventory online and it is VERY easy to locate a Sienna (and Odyssey ) equipped as desired."

If only it was so.

When my wife and I were in the market last year, I looked for a couple of months for our preferred vehicle (Sienna XLE w/package #6 in either light blue or burgundy). That was to get it equipped as close to an Odyssey EX-L as reasonable (all the safety equipment, sunroof, leather, and CD changer).

I found a grand total of 3. And I checked 2-3 times a week using Toyota's little "Build Your Own" option which would locate EVERYTHING in the entire region which was even close to the preferred options. And each of those 3 vans had a bunch of extra Gulf States Toyota stuff on them that I didn't want.

Find Sienna's? Sure. Equipped as desired? Only if you desire the typical stuff. Apparently few Sienna buyers wanted the full completment of airbags and traction/VSC. And when trying to DEAL with the Toyota dealer's, they knew I was seeking a relatively rare vehicle. And dealt accordingly. Best I could get was around $32k

For some strange reason, I had no trouble find an Odyssey EX-L, in our preferred color (Ocean Mist), in stock. And I got it for $28.6k
    After all the comparisons and the arguements we end up thinking ... "What the heck?!" Coz all of us will be falling on a "win-win" situation anyways. Both are reputable japanese brands and with that we end up buying quality and satisfaction too!
  • 3kids4me3kids4me Member Posts: 8
    Okay, I'm looking at either the '06 Odyssey EX-L RES or the '06 Sienna XLE Pkg 7 (per the lame 2006 brochure). Right now I'm leaning more toward the Odyssey because:

It's about $2K less expensive (invoice)
    It has that great in-floor storage (with 3 kids we have a lot of stuff)
    I like the body style better
    It earned all 5 stars for driver front crash (Sienna earned 4)
    This is dumb but I noticed it and it would bother me with the sienna: when the 3rd row seats are folded forward, the bag hooks in the Sienna become unusable because they too fold forward, but in the Ody they are still usable when the seat is folded forward because they're located lower on the seat (look at the Inside Line Cargo/trunk photos for each van to see what I mean).

Okay, so that being said, here are my questions:
    1) Where is the spare tire located in the Sienna? I'm guessing underneath it? Making it difficult to access (and is this why they don't also have in-floor storage?)

2) On paper the Ody says it has an outside temp gauge, but where does it show you the temp? I don't remember seeing it during both my test drives, though I didn't think to ask the dealer at the time to show me where it was. I have that in my current car and LOVE knowing what the outside temp is

3) Has anyone used the Costco auto buying program to buy their van? The quotes I got from both the Honda and Toyota dealers were essentially $500 over invoice and no dealer handling.

Thanks in advance!! :D
    "personally, i wonder how someone could negotiate a good deal on a Sienna that wasn't on the dealer's lot."

It's certainly not possible. That was part of the frustration at our local Toyota dealers. I mean, it's nice being able to (in theory) customize a vehicle with deep options packages as opposed to the "simplicity" of Honda but if they can't get what you want it really doesn't matter. At least in my area, it ended up that Honda's one package nearly perfectly matched the requirements whereas purchasing a similarly equipped Toyo meant taking other additional options that drove the price over our mark.
    I also have to disagree with you and echo rorr's post.

"Apparently few Sienna buyers wanted the full completment of airbags and traction/VSC. And when trying to DEAL with the Toyota dealer's, they knew I was seeking a relatively rare vehicle. And dealt accordingly. Best I could get was around $32k

For some strange reason, I had no trouble find an Odyssey EX-L, in our preferred color (Ocean Mist), in stock. And I got it for $28.6k"

We had a nearly identical situation here in the NE. All we really wanted was traction control and side curtain airbags along with the SRS in the front. We eventually settled for an EX-L at a lower price, though we didn't get to choose a color ;) The market was pretty tight at the time I suppose.
    Not sure about your other ones but:
    "2) On paper the Ody says it has an outside temp gauge, but where does it show you the temp? I don't remember seeing it during both my test drives, though I didn't think to ask the dealer at the time to show me where it was. I have that in my current car and LOVE knowing what the outside temp is"

In the '05 this information is where the odometer is. You push a little stalk and switch between a few different displays.
    ""personally, i wonder how someone could negotiate a good deal on a Sienna that wasn't on the dealer's lot."

It's certainly not possible. "

I managed to get $3,300 off of sticker on a 2006 Sienna that was not on a dealers lot. I even had two dealers offer me the same price, and a third was a couple of hundred behind. This was even before there was a rebate. I bought from the dealer that could deliver the vehicle first. It is not hard to do - contact the internet dept. at the dealer.
    I stand corrected.
    We had a nearly identical situation here in the NE. All we really wanted was traction control and side curtain airbags along with the SRS in the front. We eventually settled for an EX-L at a lower price, though we didn't get to choose a color The market was pretty tight at the time I suppose.
    I hate to say it, but I did not even want to try to wade through the option list on the Toyota vans. Similar for the Chrysler vans. I do not enjoy buying vehicles and dealing with people who sell them. I have better things to do with my life. Honda has four basic vans, two of which I would have considered, the EX and the EX-L. I wanted leather and VCM so I ended up choosing an EX-L and that is what I got. They had already installed mud flaps on it which I did not mind.
    Dogone -- there is an echo in here...here...here. The primary reason I walked out of three Toyota dealerships (having owned an '04 Camry XLE I love their vehicles) was that even after digesting the Boolean option chart, they were unable to find anything available even close to what I wanted. Fully equipped it exceeded the price and therefore value of the Odyssey Touring. Dealers promised they could get me exactly what I wanted but fell far short in color, what I considered no-go's like DVD, Navi, option soup, etc. Long on promise, short on action, I left feeling like somewhere else there was a family 'settling' for more than they wanted in a Sienna while I could have their exact choice. One can't help but feel the Toyota holier than thou, are you privileged enough to buy a specially equipped minivan from us (my option choices, nothing special). Spending this much money no one wants to settle for second choice. I got this not once but three times.

Having then decided to go with team H, the Touring was our obvious choice in a luxo-fam-cruisebox. Tourings are somewhat scarce but I found what I wanted, beat our local dealer by $1,500, flew to ATL for 50 bucks, happiness ensues. Having inside connections to both the local Honda and Toyota dealers made no difference. Seems some dealers either have overhead or profit requirements that keep them from competing outside their locale.

Inventory changes daily and doesn't include inboud allocations so even if every dealer had a good website it's today's news, often outdated tommorow.

Pick one YOU like...like...like...
  • cpsdarrencpsdarren Member Posts: 265
    "You keep making comments about how the Odyssey is MUCH MUCH expensive (I think you meant MORE expensive there). It really isn't, as many here can attest. When you can find a Sienna optioned similarly to an Odyssey, they are all similar in price."

Good point. Now that both models sell near invoice in many areas, the difference is less than even 6 months ago. If you're only comparing based on one feature like a power hatch or DVD system, the numbers can be skewed a lot more than if you compare similarly equipped models.

When I shopped 8 passenger models a few months ago, the real street price difference of a similarly equipped LE8 and EX ended up being under $500, with the Sienna being a little cheaper. There were still numerous minor feature differences. The only somewhat major one was an extra power door on the Odyssey. Even that may not concern some buyers.

I ended up splurging on an EX-L when the Toyota dealer gave me the runaround on the Sienna I ordered (had to be a factory order to get the package with comparable safety features). I guess someone could claim I spent thousands more on the Odyssey and be right, although the extras like leather, heated seats and moonroof aren't available on an 8-passenger Sienna so you can't compare fairly.

Ultimately, if price is the only factor, then by all means buy the one that is cheaper in your area for the features you want.
  • luvboxrsluvboxrs Member Posts: 47
    We shopped the Sienna Limited and Ody Touring with NAV & RES and for us, the Ody was our immediate, easy choice.

We found the interior of the Ody much more pleasing in aesthetics and convenience. When my husband looked in the Sienna, his reaction was "yuck". Hated all the puffy gathered leather and gross fake wood. Just personal preference, but it reminded us of an old Lincoln Towncar. Really felt like something an old lady would drive.

We found the driving experience dramatically different as well. I couldn't believe I was driving a minivan in the Ody. Nice braking, nice steering, little body roll. It had less body roll than my 03 Toyota Landcruiser. The Sienna was way too floaty, and the understeer was disturbing to say the least. I never felt in control of the vehicle.

Dealerships are variable, but we found the Honda dealership much nicer than the Toyota. This will be our 7th car purchase in 7 years so I know my way around a dealership. The Toyota folks were aggressive and annoying. The Honda guys let us look at the Ody by ourselves with no hovering for as long as we wanted until we were ready for the test drive.

We weren't shopping based on price, but it also happens that we can get the Ody for $2-3k less than the Sienna would have a cost us...an added benefit.

The only point I would give the Sienna is better exterior colors to choose from.
  • pirata432pirata432 Member Posts: 1
    The outside temp is displayed on the mileage indicator. As you toggle through, the temp will be displayed next to one of the trip mileage indicators.
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    lastwaith - maybe you should have written "It's certainly not probable". ;)

i think several of the previous posts make the point that people find it problematic to find what they want.

i remember the SNL skit where the short-order staff meet customers and stick to the mantra: "Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger", "No fries, Chips", and "No Coke, Pepsi".

i just think Toyota is purposefully making it complicated to benefit the company and its dealers. the variations in model options makes it more difficult to objectively assess value and stick to what you want when you discover it isn't generally available. i think you've got to have a list of available packages and colors in mind when you go in for a test drive and be willing to be very flexible.

that's going to be a turnoff for many consumers, and the posts here make that clear.

in my opinion toyota purchasers actually benefit by Honda's simpler availability and pricing models. it provides something concrete that allows those interested in the Sienna something to compare the myriad of packages to.
  • cpsdarrencpsdarren Member Posts: 265
    "i remember the SNL skit where the short-order staff meet customers and stick to the mantra: "Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger", "No fries, Chips", and "No Coke, Pepsi"."

Billy Goat Tavern. Mmmmmm.
  • happyharryhappyharry Member Posts: 22
    Would anyone comment a bit on the All wheel drive system between the new Sienna and Rav 4?

I was not particularly happy with the new V-6 AWD RAV4 after test-drivng on dry road condition due to torque steer. I have a 93' Previa AWD and quite happy about its AWD system and am now ready for a new AWD vehicle. Wish Sienna has the same AWD. Please help me to finalize my buying decision. Thanks. :confuse:
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Don't worry-The Sienna V6 has MUCH less power in a heavier vehicle than the RAV-4 V6.
    You should test drive a Sienna AWD to see if the lower power in the Sienna produces any torque steer.
    Don't worry-The Sienna V6 has MUCH less power in a heavier vehicle than the RAV-4 V6.
    You should test drive a Sienna AWD to see if the lower power in the Sienna produces any torque steer.

I find this thread interesting. My 2006 Odyssey EX-L which is FWD only and has significantly more HP and torque that the Sienna, has in my opinion no torque steer. Would any other readers comment on this observation.
    The 2005 EX Ody I have driven (about 1,000 miles worth) never produced noticeable torque steer for me (my aunt hasn't reported any either in 15,000 miles) I doubt the Sienna would either.
  • happyharryhappyharry Member Posts: 22
    Does anyone know about the AWD system of the Sienna Van? Is it a VTM system like the Honda CRV?

Is it Front or Rear torque-biase system?

Or it is a Full-Time AWD? :confuse:

Thanks.
  • ttenragttenrag Member Posts: 38
    Accord better than any SUV in winter...right! I will take my 4runner over your Accord with "magic" snow tires.
    If you ever have to stop the Accord would be the better of the two.
    Your 4Runner's 4WD and ground clearance have nothing to do with stopping; generally the most dangerous flaw in snow driving (lack of traction to stop, that is).
  • ctalkctalk Member Posts: 646
    I guess you have never driven in winter, have you? I've been far up north in Canada. Once you reach places near Muskoka, almost all cars there are on snow tires. Some even on chains. If you bring all seasons, you're simply risking your own life. This is the reason why my Corolla's rear bumper was smashed. An owner of a mighty GMC Suburban on all seasons thought her SUV could handle the winter. But no, it couldn't handle the ice and deep snow. Her ignorance resulted in a dent on my car!

Want to meet me next time in Canada during winter? It'll be my treat. I'd like to see how your ultimate 4RUNNER on all seasons would handle.

link title- You should read this article.

"Snow tires trump 4WD, AWD, traction control and stability control. A front-drive economy sedan on four top-quality snow tires will go more places than the best 4WD vehicle on all-season tires. An AWD- and stability control-equipped sport sedan on high-performance summer tires will get stuck on a snow cone spilled on an August highway. AWD and computer driver assists can only manage available traction, they can't increase grip."- Edmunds