Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gtluvrgtluvr Member Posts: 10
    sonic...they are hard to resist, these hot ponys! I have a sonic blue also, but a coupe. A really nice color and only used this year so this is a one of a kind color. Will not be around next year!
    :P
  • sonicblucrisissonicblucrisis Member Posts: 52
    and it's getting shorter!
    My salesman returned my call today. He has confirmation and is ready to take my deposit. I would have dropped all to beeline to the dealer, but I have some long shifts and on-call until Monday AM. First stop dealer, next stop bank!
    Graphicguy - you're on the money with value for the buck. not to mention no RX-8, GTO convertible either! A little scary though, this is the first new car I've bought (out of half a dozen) that I didn't A) completely test drive, and B) haggle on.
    I'll let you know as soon as I get my priority code
    The dealer had a Sonic Blue V-6 on the lot. I fully intended to order the Redfire until I laid eyes on it. The way the color almost seems to shift spectrum depending on the light is awesome. And yeah, no Sonic Blue for 2006. They're going to a metallic metal flake blue which is much more ordinary.
  • purplegtpurplegt Member Posts: 22
    :mad: Hi ya'all.....here it is, June 4th, NO MUSTANG GT. Ordered November 2004. Last call to Ford Direct - "the computer is still waiting to pick my number"....this is really bull. I did talk to my dealer also, he's waiting to get the ordering info on the 2006 model. Soon as he gets, I can come in and re=order, says I will get first priority due to the hassle I've had to endure. I've about had enough. I wanted my 2005 to drive this summer, not a 2006 maybe next year!! If my 2005 does happen to come in yet before they start building the 06, I can either go ahead and take delivery of that, or if I'd rather have a 2006 he'll put the 05 on his lot to sell. He said he was at a ford seminar, and heard up to 13,000 won't be built. Shoot, I'd already seen that information posted here over a month ago, not telling me nothing I didn't already know!
    Yes, my 96 is a beauty, 44,000 miles, deep violet (purple) and I do get many compliments on that car. Most cannot believe it's a 96! I'm debating trading it or selling outright....if I trade, will be lucky to get $6000 - does anyone out there have any idea what I can get selling it myself? I'm thinking in the $7500 range....?? I live in Wisconsin, so my time for selling myself is running low, people don't buy Mustangs in Wisconsin in November (LOL...I did in 96!) If I could afford the insurance on 2 stangs and had a place to park it, I'd love to keep her.
    Would appreciate any pricing idea's anyone might have for my 96...NEVER been smoked in, never in any kind of an accident, gets detailed twice a year. It's a baby.......
    Has anyone out there ordered their 2006 yet????? If you have, I'm gonna be a little hot at my dealer for holding me off, once again!!
    Thanks............ :mad: :confuse:
  • wildhorsewildhorse Member Posts: 10
    Wow I did a search and looked at the 06 colors and am so very very glad we were able to get the sonic blue 05! I don't like the 06 blues. Yes it does change color, have you seen the purple shade of it yet? Honda has a VTX 1800 bike that is painted an Illusion Blue, it changes colors like the Sonic Blue Mustang. Hubby said we weren't going to put many miles on this car so it would last more years. Well dang it, he's already put on 800 miles in a week and a half!!!! He just enjoys driving it so much!!!
  • gtluvrgtluvr Member Posts: 10
    :D Yes, I love my sonic blue GT. Alot of sun here in AZ and I do see the changes of color. It's really sharp. 800 miles in a week+?? Pretty big garage you have ;) .
    I have done a little better, just 450 miles on it in 4 weeks, but I live right across the street from where I work. This is just pleasure driving. :shades:
  • weighmasterweighmaster Member Posts: 8
    Just got a V6 Dark Red Mustang Deluxe for 19.2k out the door. I had a chance to get an A plan, but that would have taken time and I doubt that car would have been there, and I had lots of trouble trying to get a dealer who will honor an X plan, so im happy with what I got... Clutch is takin some time getting used to, and alot of people want to race as if I have a GT, nice problems to have.
  • fishskinzfishskinz Member Posts: 2
    I am also awaiting my '06 Mustang GT. I went to the dealer right before (not knowing) that they stopped production on the '05's in April. So, I am awaiting my '06. I am qualified for the Zplan through a friend (who I can't contact now) but I don't know the incentives. I rather someone other than the Sales rep. tell me. Does anyone know what the pricing structure is? Am I price protected? Is it invoice? I heard production for the '06 starts August 8th, 2005 does anyone know if they are placing orders yet for the '06 orders yet?

Thanks!!! :blush:
  • gteeezngteeezn Member Posts: 3
    Where at in Va? I live in Richmond however I bought my mustang from Freedom Ford in Norfolk. They have two locations, one in Norfolk and one in Hampton. They were exactly 4000.00 cheaper than the same mustang in Richmond. Plus their extended warranty, which I got, was way cheaper and if you do not use their warranty anytime during the warranty period you can come back and purchase another vehicle and that warranty will transfer for free to the new vehicle. Anatoly Korlick was my salesperson. Excellent. I have a 1999 GT Electric Green with 74000 miles. Shop around before purchasing.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    You may qualify for the Z plan but a dealer does not have to honor it. In this case if you want a Mustang GT be prepared to pay at least MSRP. Why would a dealer sell a high demand car for less then what they can get (MSRP or more)?
  • wcammackwcammack Member Posts: 11
    I will try to make this brief, but I have been reading this forum for awhile now and, to some of you who have ordered Mustangs, please keep waiting and have hope! My son (16) has had the Mustang "want mode" every since he went to the State Fair in late 2004. I went to a local dealer (Park Cities Ford) in April and, of course, they had 1-a convertible with a stick. My kiddo, believe it or not, is very conservative and a better driver than I am (I'm 53--and I speed-a lot!), so I definitely wanted a GT (because I may drive it some) and I definitely wanted an automatic--my stick days went out with my '69 Corvette in urban traffic. Anyway, I ordered one in April, and I picked it up Tuesday, June 7th, exactly as ordered--black, automatic, shaker 1000, interior upgrade (black/red leather and my color instruments)--I also ordered a LoJack system and 60mo/60k mile warranty. I was already conditioned to pay sticker when I arrived, and I did so without hesitation. And, now some praise for you Fomoco guys from a GM guy--this is my first Ford ever, and the quality, fit, finish, and appearance is not just good--it is flawless. I think I may covert from the GM fold as the only thing close to the Mustang in price/performance is the Corvette at significantly more $$$. Also, if anyone is interested, Park Cities Ford has a gorgeous GT convertible (automatic) on the deaker's floor. So, to those of you waiting, don't give up--and congratulations to the new owners out there! Ford has hit one out of the park with this one.
  • fishskinzfishskinz Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the heads up. I just got my order # today for my '06 Mustang GT. Actually, the dealer is giving me just MSRP with no markup as I was a VIP referrel. so, there is no complaints either way!!!!
  • ssgarssgar Member Posts: 1
    How did you find out about your priority code? Have you gotten your stang yet.. We have been led to believe that ours is in route... But it has been for several weeks??? Is there a way to check on our cars without going through the dealer?
  • waitingjoewaitingjoe Member Posts: 4
    " I went to the dealer right before (not knowing) that they stopped production on the '05's in April. "

All info I have says they are continuing production of the 05's through July.
    I can only hope that I am right as I ordered my GT Feb 4, 05 and it is still in the dealer que. Obviously if they have already stopped production I am SOL. The dealer has not said anything about going for an 06 yet.. I call every Friday to check my status.
    One other question.... is there a higher 'priority code' then 10? Is 10 the best?
    Thanks
    Purple, I hate to say this but you really need to go to a different dealer. Mine was upfront with me in March when I made the initial order, and in fact wouldn't even take a deposit until he could confirm it would be built within their quota. If your dealer gives you the runaround, Dump him! there are good and bad dealers out there, and the bad ones will only be driven out of business if they lose our business. It really irks me that a good product can be "damaged" by a shoddy retail outlet.
    BTW, Kelly blue book gives a retail sale price of about $6500 for your '96, assuming it's a GT, 5-spd, in excellent cond. you can probable do better if you shine it up and park it where a large number of teens- twenty-somethings can see it for a few hours every weekend. I'd post it for at least 9K and drop to 8 or 7.5 on negotiation. Lot said sight unseen. eh?
  • knowisdomknowisdom Member Posts: 5
    I ordered my Mustang in February, I have dreamed of this car since I saw it in automobile magazine. At first they were going to find me already made to my specs and have it shipped, but you see, I wanted the interior upgrade and anilock brakes and traction control, with the red leather interior, damn this car is hot! I was at the Javits center auto show last year, just to catch a glimpse of my dream car. But this waiting game is killing me, they didnt fing the car I wanted so we ordered. As far as I can tell, and my brother works at the dealership, suppossedly my car has been built, , but why is it taking so long to shiop. I want to strangle my salesman, I feel like I am getting the runaround all the time. They are confused, I am confused. I read the article and I am not so hopeful because, someone is waiting 6 months. the worst part, you think for all this aggrivation you get a discount....NO, there are people paying above sticker! I am still waiting, can't even get a test drive and this dealer I am with has better customer service than the rest on long island, they are having a hard time keeping one mustang for test drives or the dealer, man Ford, I love you, but get your act together! if they can't do it no one can. Can anyone enlighten me with how much longer I may have to wait? :confuse: :cry: :mad:
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Production will go through the middle of July. The plant shuts down then in order to do '06 model changeover. The problem is, just about all of them are spoken for in the '05 MY.

There is a higher priority number than 10. You can get a 2 from your dealer (as I did), but they reserve those for special circumstances and may not be willing to put that high a priority on your order. 10 is about the best you can hope for. Priority 1 is reserved only for the factory.

If you ordered in Feb and still have no more info than "it's in the que" from your dealer, go somewhere else who'll be more upfront with you. You should have taken delivery already if your dealer ordered at a 10 priority and had allotment left. Something tells me there's something amiss with your dealer.

Find out how many cars are ahead of yours at the dealership. The Dealers already have the order codes for '06s so you should be able to order one now, if you'd like.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    Thanks for the info. I really better get down there. I haven ben hounding my salesman and my brother, but I better go down there and get some real answers. Do you think it is possible, they will just say sorry we cannot get you your car? Or now you have to order an '06? :cry: :lemon:
  • caisoncaison Member Posts: 3
    I ordered a GT convertible in late march. Was serialized last week and have a build week of July 18. My dealer started with a priority 10 for the first person in line and then went with consecutive numbers. I think I started as a priority 17 and moved up over time. Good luck.
    Thanks, all I can do is wait, call the dealer, cross my fingers and stare dreamingly at my '05 Mustang wallpaper on my macs. I just hope I have the car before the end of the summer, can't wait to feel the wind in my hair, driving my 'stang. :cry:;)
    Anything is possible. If I'm in your shoes, and the dealer can't give you a credible time line on when to expect yours, I'd just go to another dealer and order an '06. If you order now, with a priority of 10, I'd say you could expect a late August delivery of the '06.
  • kgreggkgregg Member Posts: 2
    FWIW, I got an email from local Ford dealer (Crystal Ford Silver Spring MD) saying they have a 5 speed GT Sonic Blue coupe at the dealer now. I asked him if all 2005 GTs were already spoken for or not. He said they were not already spoken for. Unsure how an 05 GT could get to a dealer and NOT already have a buyer but you never know. I told salesman that I prefer a convertible. Kevin
    I got great news today from my brother (he works at the dealer I ordered my car from) my 2005 torch red mustany with the red leather interior is coming in on or about July 3rd, and my birthday is the 7th....Happy Birthday to me. But I also wanted to let everyone know that I also heard from my brother the are spitting out the 2005's so fast from the factory, they've had one on the lift for the past two days.....it could just be a fluke, but I hope the quantity and quality is not the issue. So don't give up, I was just about at the end ofmy rope and I am set for delivery! :shades: :)
  • esbrockesbrock Member Posts: 88
    It's official. I talked to my saleguys guy yesterday, who actually called me to see what I wanted to do, and changed my order to a 2006 GT. Titanium Grey 5-spd MTX with the Interior Upgrade Package and 18" wheels. He told me that it will be one of the first "06's they get in, which will be in late August to early September. Since that only adds about 6 - 7 weeks on my wait time, I didn't think it was that big a deal. The new color choice is exactly what I wanted and the 18" wheels are going to look sweet as soon as I get the Eibach springs installed. I am also hoping that the plant workers will be refreshed and ready to put my car together when they get back from their production break. Suppliers should be able to get Ford restocked with all parts they need to have a great MY '06 run.
    Hey, Graphicguy, if you're out there, got a good one for you. As you know, I've waited for my 05 GT since last Nov. 2004.....still no luck. As of this week, my dealer put an order in for me for a 2006. I haven't totally finalized pricing, etc., but am being told they will honor my 2005 price, however, they will have to add $500 to $700 to the price because it is a 2006 and it costs more to make it.

My 2005 was priced out at $26,000 with the premium wheels, 500 shaker and interior upgrade. Am I being jerked around here with them wanting to raise my pricing or is this to be expected? What's your thought? I know I'm not going to get any better pricing at the $26,000 anywhere in my area. So do I just suck it up and pay it or give them a fight about it?

They of course say, it's not their fault that Ford couldn't produce. I haven't seen it in writing, but supposedly my 05 had a priority of 10 put on it. Yeah, right. I have now also insisted that I receive a priority TWO on the 2006, he's said he will check and see if they can do that, he acted like he'd never heard you could request that low. He's supposedly talked to a Ford rep and begged that I get top priority on the 06 due to the 05 never being made. Am I at their mercy here? I'm actually dealing with the OWNER of the dealership since my original sales guy got canned. And he had promised me the same pricing for the 2006 if it came down to this, but of course since he's now gone.....

I'm assuming when the 06's are produced I'm back to waiting for another 8 to 12 weeks......IF it ever gets made. I just need some helpful hints here on how to proceed before I go back to do the final paperwork on the 2006.

Anyone hear if they are offering any new options/toys for the 2006?

Thanks for listening, hope you can help me out a bit...
    Still waiting in Wisconsin........uugh! (Plus my 96 GT is another year older and worth less in trade)..... :mad:
    purple....cool beans!!!!!

Only changes in the '05 and '06 versions are colors and wheel/tire options. Everything else is the same.

I don't have access to '06 pricing yet, but I'd say it's a safe bet that there will be a price increase.

Unless you've got something from the dealership management in writing, anything is possible. I've heard some pretty crazy stories regarding the Mustang. For example, I talked to one guy who ordered a GT. Dealer got nim the VIN#. When it was supposed to arrive at the dealership, sales mgr didn't respond to the guy's "status request". The customer went to the dealership when they were closed, found his car via the Vin#. He then called the next day inquiring about his car only to have the dealership tell him they sold it to someone else (after he had waited 12 weeks).

IF the dealership puts a priority of 10 and you are in the first ones in their allotment que, I'd say 8 weeks sounds about right for delivery.

Dealers do indeed have access to priority 2 (since that's how mine was ordered). It's tough to get them to assess a priority of 2 since they reserve it for units that are "special circumstances" (read into that what you will). My dealer was surprised I knew about it. Since I ordered during one of the worst snow storms in recent memory, and the dealership was having a super slow month (Feb), the agreed to give me the #2 priority. It's a case of being in the right place at the right time.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • fenwayparkfenwaypark Member Posts: 3
    Carfreak, I ordered my V-6 Mustang Convertible here in the Northeast at the end of March. The dealer has not heard anything about a delivery date yet. Any word about your fathers car? Have you heard of a solid delivery date estimate?
    Fishskinz, the A or Z plan basically gives you the car for approx. 2% below cost or alittle below the dealer's cost. For a GT, that could be as much as 4K in savings depending on accessories. Some dealers will honor, some will not, best to establish that before ordering or buying from the lot. Sure hope your wrong on the production schedule, my v-6 with Z plan was ordered at the end of march.
    ALL, WHO HAS RECIEVED THEIR MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE AND WHEN DID YOU ORDER IT?
    I didn't have to order my convertible, when we were car shopping around just a few weeks ago and the Ford dealer had a black v6 convertible come in the next day from his "holding place" we test drove it then asked if he could find us a Sonic blue one just like it but with automatic transmission.(We also test drove a used gt coupe he had on the lot and liked the feel of the v6 better). He got on the dealer internet and within minutes found us one in the next state and had a deal to trade the black one for it. We had it the very next day and took it home! It pays to ask a dealer to see if he can find what you want. I guess we got lucky because another dealer was looking for one for us too and he had gotten two states away and was still looking for what we wanted when we called and said we found one and bought it. Looking at what some of the dealers are doing to you guys with orders still not filled I really suggest you try and find one this way this late in the game. It was hard to find a 05 mustang to test drive as they are flying off the lots as fast as they get them in.

I'm not surprised prices would go up, everything with steel in it went up this year with motorcycles as there is a shortage for it.
  • rthibrthib Member Posts: 1
    Looking at leasing a V6 Vert Auto for my daughter.
    I am A-Plan so I can easily see what price I will pay.
    Does anyone know what the multiplier/residual value is on the 05 Mustang, so I can figure out playments on a 3 year lease.
  • caballocaballo Member Posts: 6
    Wildhorse, I've had a similar experience to yours. Most of the dealers in Austin have plenty of V6 coupes and convertibles in stock. A couple have GT coupes as well even though the Ford site doesn't show them in inventory. Problem is that they all want MSRP on the GT's and most of these are standard transmission models.

I'll probably wait until the 06's come out to see if the supply situation gets better and dealers are more willing to deal. I also think the longer we wait the more GT's we'll see on the used market.

BTW- did you find your dealer more willing to negotiate on the V6 convertible? I would expect there's more flexibility on those in my area since the dealers have them on the lots right now in substantial numbers.
  • vicmeldrewvicmeldrew Member Posts: 1
    well i dont think the prices on a gt are gonna come down any time before next fall as the demand is still there; i just picked up a gt convert manual and was able to get it at msrp and feelfortunate; now i have never paid any where near msrp but being realistic i wanted this car now and not 12 months from now; i was able to find a car being built on jun 8 that was not allocated and picked all my own options so i have a car that i really want; just a matter of choice but i am in my late 50's and want to have a chance for fun before too old to crawl outl lol
    vic

totally understand. I'm 42 and I'm chomping at the bit myself (no pun intended). I really want the GT convertible and hope I can hold out.

Enjoy your GT!
  • waitingjoewaitingjoe Member Posts: 4
    After reading all the post here I finally got fed up and went back to the dealership to ask WTH??? (I had been just calling in every Friday for the last 19 weeks to see if my order was picked up).
    Any ways, I spoke to a general manager and he told me all the same stuff that the sales person told me. Showed me the Orders List and everything. I explained my situation (current car falling apart) and asked to be moved to a higher priority so that I could have a chance at getting my 05. He indicated that he couldn't do that.... never actually said the words "I can't get you a higher priority" just kinda danced around it. He called me the next day and told me that the one person on the list in front of me (ordered 2 days before me) was willing to wait for an 06 so he put me on top.
    He also said that he got an allocation for 1 build and that it was mine. Said I would have a VIN within 2 weeks and should take delivery within 6 weeks. I asked him that if I called Ford Direct again, would it show that my car has been selected for production? He said something about it would have a code that it was selected but no VIN yet. SI or MI or something like that. Can't remember now.
    He also said that this was the LAST week that Ford was going to ping dealers for orders on the 05s. Looks like I snuck in under the wire )
    Bottom line is that I am happy to be at least one step further then "Unscheduled/Clean" on the dealers report although I am still expecting something to go wrong and I won't get my 05 GT.
    Thanks for all the info folks.
  • adam8gadam8g Member Posts: 4
    Hey there,

Live in Northern CA - San Francisco bay area - san Jose.
    Local dealer has convertible V-6's on the lot with
    "LOOK - NO DEALER MARK UP" stickers on the window.

As for V-6 hardtops - basic car with stick - invoice or one guy quoted 300 under.
    As for GT's - am ordering my convertible today - MSRP
    Heard on the TV that FORD,in order to compete with GM, is going to offer employee pricing to friends' of employees.

Anyone know details?
    While employee pricing in general would be nice, I doubt that they would offer it for Mustangs. No upside for them on a car that can't keep up with demand.
  • cobra07cobra07 Member Posts: 3
    Well said.... Same thing going on in san diego,calif..Some of the dealers are going to msrp w/o mark- up...But thats it..GT's very rare...Same factory / dealership Scam / Perfect Storm they dream of....A model meets the desire or needs of the buyer and they continue to build the STANDARD model instead of the GT....AT WHAT 15 - 20 TO 1 ??? Supply and demand means $$$$$$$$$ to them.. Not a call to simply change the drivelines and options @ the build line...Their front line dept's /marketing/prevue shows and surveys probably gave them clear indication of demand....Paying over msrp is plain old gouging like gas stations or medicine co's.....Just like the Harleys, PT Cruisers, VW's and so on...Even @ so called invoice dealers get back 4 + % on the total..Plus other kicks ..Showing higher cost they even end up screwing the salesperson...Who'da thought ?...You guys and gals take care...........Thanks for listening.........To bad FORD doesn't !!!
    Any feedback on if this is an OK deal?
    Loaded premium trim - everything but the Shaker 1000
    Tungsten / red trim sport

btw - anyone know what the optional 18" wheels look like?

Thanks

San Jose california
    HI ! THANKS FOR ALL THE V-GOOD INPUT....HAD A QUESTION WHEN YOU USE A FRIEND OR OTHERS ?..... A OR X PLAN , HOW DID YOU DEAL WITH THE DMV..SALES TAX."ONE TIME"?....REGISTRATION "ONE TIME ? .ANY PROBLEM FROM FORD.. WHAT SHOULD BE SAID AT ORDING ?.........GLAD FOR YOU ON FINDING YOUR CAR ...THX FOR ANY HELP.....ENJOY THE RIDE........
    Thanks graphicguy.....I'm going to push for that 2 priority and see how far I get, am going in Tues night to finalize pricing, etc. on the 2006. You'd think that I'd be one of those "special circumstances" to get the highest priority, since I've already been waiting since Nov. 04....when I see all these other people here that ordered in March or April and have since taken delivery, this just totally stinks. There was one other guy who ordered from the same dealer right after I did and he's not got his yet either...

I tried calling ford direct twice last week to check on my 2005 order, both times I got a response that they couldn't bring up my order status, so called the dealer, the guy who ordered my 06 wasn't in, but one of the guys seems to think they actually rolled my 05 order to the 06 so that is why the 05 order isn't showing up for status anymore.

I guess if I have to pay another $500 to get the 2006, so be it, I don't like it, but what can I do at this point, I want the car, dang it, and of course they know anyone else would not sell to me below MSRP.....so....

I'll be curious to see what colors they are offering for 2006, if they had the purple like I have now, I think I'd have to have it.....and 18" wheels on the new ones? EEEK....I paid $800 for 17" Potenza's in 2001, I can't imagine cost of replacing 18" this many years later....OUCH. That's what I get for liking the pony car...

I'll let you know how I come out this week, wish me luck...... :shades:

OH, and by the way, the story you told about the guy who ordered and the dealer turned around and sold it out from under him.....funny, I had that same thought a few months ago....and ya know, it wouldn't surprise me! That is just rotten.....
    Good luck purple. Unfortunately, no "purple" color for '06. If you dig around a little, I think the 18" wheels are the same ones they were putting on the showcars when the design first hit the show circuit.

Don't fret if the 800 number can't find your order. I tried it a couple of times when I was waiting for mine. They never could find the order. Matter of fact, the day the dealer called to tell me mine was in and sitting on their lot, I had called that morning and the 800 lady said my order couldn't be found.

From what I'm hearing, '06 GTs are going to be as scarce as the '05s because of strong pre-orders. So, if you can get priority 10 (or better) you should be in good shape.

I do know that my friend who is a Ford employee said he gets $25 for every X-plan pin he gives out that turns into a sale (all the way to $1,000). But, it's voluntary whether the dealership honors any special pricing plan. My guess is, most dealers won't honor then while demand is so high. If you want any of the pricing plans, best advice I can give is wait until this winter when there's snow on the ground to get any discounts (at least, that's what I did last winter).
  • esbrockesbrock Member Posts: 88
    My salesguy faxed my order confirmation, on my '06 GT Premium, today. Here are a few pricing items some may be interested in. The base price for the GT Premium is $26,320. The two options I ordered are as follows: Interior Upgrade Package = $450.00 & 18" Wheels = $825.00. The wheel option is a bit expensive, but still cheaper than sticking with the standard wheels and buying new ones later.
    Check out a couple of websites I found....info on the new 2006 models, new options & colors: http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2005/news0024mustang06.php

This site shows some cool pics of the new 2006....I'm not into gray cars, but this one is sharp! I'm assuming this is showing off the new 18" wheels....and shows the 2 new colors...although at $800 plus for the new 18" wheels, guess I'll be sticking with my $195 upgrade to the premium rims....yiker!

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/06/

Wish me luck...going to do my 2006 paperwork Tues night, my current price is $26,035, we'll see how high they jump me.... :blush:

Thought you might enjoy reading/seeing the new 2006...the "pony car" option is pretty neat for the V6 models, they needed some dressing up!

Later.........!
    Hmmm...I actually don't like the new grill, like the 05 v6 one better. Thanks for sharing, was cool seeing what is new on the 06s. Reading the pdf file I didn't see any automatic transmissions just manuals. Does that mean no automatics available in the 06s???
    Wow! I'm sold.

I've been waiting to see if I can scoop up a 2005 GT convertible, but after seeing the tungsten 2006 coupe with the stripes and 18" wheels I'm done! I'm going to see what my dealer will qoute me to order one of these babies now.

BTW- I went to see a dealer outside of Austin that has had a GT in stock for over a month and now I know why. He told me he would sell it to me at "no more" than 2500 over MSRP and that he would "work" with me on price. I walked out at that point.

Better to order exactly what I want, pay MSRP, and save my money. Who know's I may even have this bad boy by Christmas!
  • vppreachervppreacher Member Posts: 72
    Picked up my 2005 Satin Silver GT on Monday. First off, thanks for the advice and help to everyone here, special props go out to graphicguy. Second, for those that are in Jacksonville or in close proximity to Northern Florida, I can HIGHLY recommend Mike Davidson Ford at Regency as a great organization. I ended up getting the Mustang GT for around 800$ below MSRP, they honored my original quote even though the price went up, gave me the Ford military discount, and kept me informed of the car's progress throughout the order/build process. Mitch, the sales manager, estimated delivery at 8-12 weeks, but they got the car in 7. Best of all, though, was they were honest and forthright from the beginning to end. Gotta go...still more rubber to burn!
  • msad1217msad1217 Member Posts: 1
    I just received an email from Millenium Ford here in Seattle. I was asking about the price of the V6 Torch Red AT that they have on the lot and I was told and I quote:

"The mark up on Mustangs is $2,995. That would brin up the price to $27,275."

Needless to say, I will not be talking to them again. I just found another dealership that is willing to sell theirs at MSRP.