Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-2X Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
edited March 2014 in Saab
Shopping for a new 9-2X? How did you do? Share your purchasing experience here!

kirstie_h
Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• jeffsaulsjeffsauls Member Posts: 11
    Can the hosts post the December numbers for MF and residuals used by Saab captive finance for December. Are they the same as GMAC? Just curious. Awful quite discussion thread....
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    This really would not be the place for that. Try Finance or Smart Shopper. Looks like a slow start for this discussion.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    And here's a link to get you on your way:
    Lease Questions - Ask Here

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• christopher35christopher35 Member Posts: 29
    I purchased a 9-2X Aero the week before Christmas from Delaware Saab in Wilmington,DE. Since I knew exactly what I wanted and the price I was willing to pay, the negotiatiations and transaction were painless and simple. December is a great time of year to purchase a car. The week before Christmas was an even better time. The showroom was empty when I walked in and they were very willing to negotiate. If you are driving a Volkswagen, like I was, Saab was offering to deduct $1500 off the list price.
    When all was said and done I ended up paying $26,500 for a loaded $32,000 9-2X Aero. The folks at Delaware Saab were a pleasure to do business with. Timing is everything!
  • skim1114skim1114 Member Posts: 6
    A dealer in Bangor Maine, Quirk Auto, is selling the 9.2 with 5,000 cash back. Anyone else heard of this?

It's odd that there isn't much about this car on this forum. I have heard that Saab can't move these because they are so much like Subaru's, so Saab folks don't want them and Subaru folks don't either becasue it's a Saab. Is this true?

I on the other hand, am willing to take a Saab for the price break. I like the Subaru Impreza but there is no optino for a moon roof...silly, but I'm to used to it not to have one.

Can anyone give me an idea of why I would or would not take this car over a subaru?

Also, any advise on cost to get a Saab fixed versus a subaru?
  • mamikemamike Member Posts: 5
    Yes, GM is offering a $5000 cash incentive or 0% financing on the 9-2x right now. In addition, a Saab dealer informed me that they have an $800 holdback, so most Boston area Saab dealers are offering $6000 off sticker price. If you are a GM Supplier, then you will have additional leverage.

Check the other 9-2x forums on edmunds for more discussion regarding Subaru vs Saab.

Saab and Subaru repair costs will depend on where you have your car serviced. It's probably best to call your local dealers to get their labor rates and part costs prior to having any service performed. Trust me, you can save a bit of $$ by shopping around.
  • if1if1 Member Posts: 11
    Do you know if this $1500 rebate for VW owners is still valid?

Thanks
  • tsctsc Member Posts: 1
    How does $18.8k + TTL sound for a linear with a moonroof?
    18.8 souunds alright- I was quoted 18,500 for same model, but it was a demo with about 5k on the clock.
    Saw online a dealer in NH that has these two deals on new 9 2x's

- Linear-manual-list 24,285 sale 17,399

- Arc manual- list 30,195 sale 22,663

Seems pretty good, anyone see better? I might pull the trigger if I can find a comparable deal.
    It wasn't a rebate. It was more of an incentive tied to the list price.I'm not sure if it's still in effect. Ask the dealer's salesperson. However,I've seen better and newer offers being rolled out like $5000 off list.
  • saablimesaablime Member Posts: 7
    Hi folks. I've been reading with interest the comments and experiences of this particular forum. I have a couple of questions regarding the 9-2X. First, I'm angling for a manual, base model at around $17,400. My local dealer balked, but a dealer about 90 miles from my home said he could "get close." My concern is depreciation. As I told my local dealer, "yeah, the $5000 is great, but you're still not selling the car for $17,900. So, what's it worth when I drive it off the lot?" I've also discovered that Saab has a huge inventory of 9-2X's.

My goal is to get the car +TTL for $18k. Would I be a fool to turn down such an offer for the base model? Or, am I being too much of a scrooge?
    Oh well, nevermind. The closest anyone will come to $18K is 18,635 (sales tax is about 540)-- so $18,100 is the lowest they will go.
  • bgroffbgroff Member Posts: 4
    So what's the end of the story? Did you go through with the deal? What was your drive off costs? I'm in the process right now myself!
    I picked it up Saturday. I was out the door at $18,100. I got it for about $17,400. I'm thrilled. The car is great!!! Other than the initial test-drive, I did all the negotiation via email. The process was touch-and-go for a while, but it worked out well. The dealership treated me exceptionally well when I entered the showroom Saturday morning.

Good luck!
  • bgroffbgroff Member Posts: 4
    Congrats on the new car purchase! It seems like it worked out in your favor. I've been suprised how smoothly negotiations have been. I guess the Saab folks really want to get those things off their lots!
    From what I been reading here on the forums Saab is offering much better deals than the $1500 of December 2004. Hopefully you were able to take advantage of the $5000 discount in March. Who knows, maybe you can parlay the VW $1500 deal & the March $ 5000 together with some bare knuckle negotiating and you could drive home a popular packaged Aero for around $22K. Good Luck!
  • dmcgoydmcgoy Member Posts: 4
    What's the current rebate? Carsdirect says it is 4500. But I'm seeing other numbers like 5000 and 5500. Thanks!
    I got about $5500 (I think), plus about 1% of holdback. GM is bleeding and use that leverage. My spiel was simple: I like the car (I don't love it), and if the deal is right, I'll buy it. As of about March 1, Saab had about 376 days worth of 9-2x inventory. It's a buyer's market.
    So did you get MSRP - 5500 or Invoice - 5500? A dealership offered me right off the bat 17.8k + Taxes and Tags for a manual base linear. Is that in the right range or can I move them any lower?
  • dougfmdougfm Member Posts: 1
    Its $4500 cash back from Saab (as per what msn auto shows) and an additional $1000 for the GM "hotbutton"
    Sorry for my stupidity, but what's the GM "hotbutton"? Is everyone eligible for it?
    My goal was to get out the door (TTL) for $18K. I ended up at $18,100. Taxes were about $520. The deal was written up for $17,100 but the purchase order had the $359 for administrative fees and then about $89 TTL. I didn't care how they wrote it up. You can probably haggle down a couple hundred dollars. My dealer refused my first 2 $18K out the door offers. Finally, I emailed the dealership with the $18,100 offer and said this is the final offer. If you can meet it, call me this evening and get the car ready for pickup tomorrow. If not, thanks for your help... They called and made the deal.

Good luck.
    It's GM's attempt to get warm bodies into the showrooms so the salesforce can have a prayer of getting a "live" one lathered up to make a purchase. In actuality it's mostly going to get "tire kickers" who want to get a shot at a free car when they push the Onstar button in the winning vehicle(s).
    I don't think that Pontiac is having any problems getting buyers and prospects into the showrooms especially since they PRESOLD the first 1,000 Solstice roadsters in TEN minutes!!!
    As far as Hotbutton eligibility goes you should be as eligible as the next person.
  • questionerquestioner Member Posts: 11
    saablime, thanks for sharing your experience.

How much is the MSRP of your new 9-2x? I am looking forward to buying one 9-2x soon.

Thanks!
    Please, PLEASE tell me you purchased a Linear and not an Aero for $18K.
    Congrats & much luck with your new ride anyway.

Christopher
    MSRP on the base Linear is $22,990. You need to add the shipping charge of $695 for a total of $23,645. Remember though, the lower the price the lower the taxes. Since they wrote it up for $17,100, my taxes were reasonable.

And yes, it is indeed a LINEAR!
  • neo1neo1 Member Posts: 4
    If I wanted to lease 9-2X, how much would my monthly payment be? Based on the final price of $17,100. Thanks.
  • cohenfivecohenfive Member Posts: 85
    i think rebates (including hotspot) are up to $7000 now. i've heard a couple people being offering at least $8k off a loaded aero (msrp $32-33k). happy hunting.
  • rick77grick77g Member Posts: 8
    I just got a linear with no options for 15,000.
    GM employee discount of 1800, Saab rebate 4,500, GM hot button cash 1,000 and GM employee cash bonus of 1,000, and 300 reimbursement for airfare to pick it up. That is an unbelievable price for the car.
  • dashbbdashbb Member Posts: 119
    I emailed a couple dealers for a quote and one called me back. The GM rebate is $6000 (Aero-only) + $1000 Hotbutton. The saleswoman said that she can do $7,000 off invoice but will not give me that quote in writing. She wanted me to come in and "write-it-up"!

WOW!! I'll find out for sure this weekend.
  • harbachjharbachj Member Posts: 51
    Saabnet is reporting that the Aero rebate is now $6000 from Saab plus $1000 for the GM Hotbutton. Good until 5/31. Fitzmall.com has an Aero listed with an Internet price that's exactly $7000 less than invoice, so it looks like great deals are out there.
  • purduealum91purduealum91 Member Posts: 285
    Thats an unreal deal.
    Dude, $15,000 is just an unbelievable price. Where are you picking up the car? No wonder GM is bleeding money.
  • joe91801joe91801 Member Posts: 3
    Saablim could you give me the dealership name, city and state
    I think you got a really sweet deal.

My current dealership @ Pasadena is offering me $5500 off for Linear and $7000 off for the Aero.

I wanted to purchase the Linear Base, but my saleswomen is keep on telling to go down cause they only have two Linear left on the lot. :confuse:

Thanks
    Kev
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    If they only give you $7K off the Aero, they are basically selling it for MSRP... That is no deal...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Go with this info.

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero
    MSRP (sticker price on vehicle)5 $27,645.00
    GM employee discount price $25,425.00
    Less current eligible consumer cash6 -$6,000.00
    Less Hot Button bonus cash6 -$1,000.00
    Less employee bonus cash1 -$1,000.00
    The price you pay $17,425.00
    Total value $10,220.00

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear
    (MSRP (sticker price on vehicle)5 $23,685.00
    GM employee discount price $21,821.00
    Less current eligible consumer cash6 - $4,500.00
    Less Hot Button bonus cash6 - $1,000.00
    Less employee bonus cash1 - $1,000.00
    The price you pay $15,321.00
    Total value $ 8,364.00
    So.. the GM employee gets an extra $1000? Wow.. on top of what looks like about $1000 cheaper than the supplier price....

It is a wonder there are any left for non-GM employees at that price...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Got a another Quote from Dealer in Sherman Oak, CA

The Sale person told me they had Blue Linear at MSRP of $23685, The Invoice Prince is $23016. Is the number right?

Seen like all Saab dealer are giving $5500 rebate on Linear
    and $7000 rebate on Aero
  • rick77grick77g Member Posts: 8
    Nothing special from this dealer except the airfare reimbursement. Other parts of deal can be gotten from any dealer.
  • wolftimwolftim Member Posts: 34
    I live near Seattle and I bought a new 9-2x aero on May 6th. It has a manual tranny, moonroof, and the 17"rims, all of which comes with the sport package. I opted to forgo the cold weather package. My price before rebates waqs 29,959. After rebates: 22,959. Tax, title, license, and all others: 26,700, roughly. The manual tranny gives you much more control and increases the fun factor ten fold. The auto is still a very nice transmission but not as fun. Pay attention for other deals too. My dealership had a 2005 9-2x Aero that had been used by a Saab exec. that turned it in with only 6800 miles on it. It was an auto with no sunroof, the cold weather package, and only 16" rims. They were offering it at 24,959 but it still had the same 7000 in rebates that all other new cars got. That took the price down to 17,959. A new sunroof is about 1200. It's a great deal if you don't have a real preference as to which car you buy.
  • purduealum91purduealum91 Member Posts: 285
    Anyone know?
    They don't publish it.. You have to visit a Saab dealer to find out..

However, from years past, it seems that it is within a couple hundred dollars of invoice, one way or the other... A safe assumption would be invoice price, minus the $7K incentive...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Great info... wonder why I couldn't get to that pdf through the website?

Anyway, supplier price is invoice + $75.. minus the incentives..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• new92xnew92x Member Posts: 1
    just bought a 5 spd aero w/cold weather package + 3000 miles for $17K in MA.
  • fanofannefanofanne Member Posts: 1
    new92x, would you so kind as to share the details.

Was this with a trade-in etc.?
    Kev,

I bought my Linear in Charlotte, NC. I suggest you fax/email all the dealers within about 150 miles. Tell them what you want and what you are willing to pay (out-the-door, including taxes, title, fees). Let them know if they meet the price that you will be there the next day with cash/check in hand. Good luck!
    Can't get employee discount like few of the lucky one on this post.

Mica Blue, Base with Automatic Trans with Sticker of $24,9xx.xx
    Out of door price of $21000 including Tax and Fees($3000)
    $1000 or so more than price of Scion TC out of door price.

Still Trying to get the feel of AWD driving dynamic. Been drive rear wheel drive car for the past 5 years. 9-2X drive more like front wheel drive car, with slight edge tractions from the rear due to AWD.

Decent Car, Save lots more Gas than my Friend's Scion TC (ouch 19-20mpg vs. 9-2X's 24mpg) Maybe the mileage will drop once the breakin period is over. I'm currently had not pass more than 3000-4000 rpm. Log about 300 miles on the 9-2X so far.

Insurance is cheap on 2.5i

Got the Subaru Impreza Cargo Net for $30 including shipping. Net was easy to install and very useful. Highly recommend it.

Fit and Finish of the Car seem to be very good. read the sticker, the car part is 100% made in Japan, assembled 100% in Japan.
    They didn't have much inventory.. not even a manual transmission Aero model, so I didn't drive one..

But, I got the skinny on the new pricing..

On an MSRP of $31,900, the GM Employee price (now available to everyone) was around $29,300. Subtract $6000 incentive from that, and you have $23,300, or $8600 less than MSRP.

Of course, on a lower MSRP car, the savings will be less, but it seems that the deals are about $500 lower than the GM Supplier pricing with the $7000 incentive from last month..

But, this dealer said that no more cars are being imported for this model year.. What was at the port and from other dealers is all he had access to.. He made it sound like he wouldn't get any more cars from the port, unless he requested one.

He also said that existing Saab customers have purchased none of the 9-2Xs at his dealership.. He said he gets a lot of Japanese brand buyers, especially Subaru owners, as his car sells for less than a comparable WRX.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.