Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura RL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• BushwackBushwack Member Posts: 258
    Acura still has a lease incentive (not the best available but at least its something). RL sales were terrible both year over year and month from previous month. Histoically, Acura doesn't implement a new incentive until the sixth or seventh day of the month. By next week I would think they will offer something to sweeten sales.
  • lorenzo2lorenzo2 Member Posts: 16
    Your right on the 3000.00 incentive has been extended to Sept.5.
  • legendloverlegendlover Member Posts: 1
    Was able to get what I felt was a fair deal from my local Acura dealer (Lehigh Valley Acura, Allentown, PA). The only add'l fees were $140 Document Prep Fee (includes Title & Transfer fees but not State Sales Tax). Their service has been extremely good in the past and I'd rather buy locally if possible. Also took advantage of 2.9% financing which adds another 4%/year to bottom line since avg. investments return over 6.9% yearly. Saves another $950 per year for 3 years. Like many others on these forums, I wasn't sure that the RL was worth $50k but at $43k, I feel it's a great car.
  • thaisharkthaishark Member Posts: 19
    I just got My new RL. I paid $41,200 + tax and tags but including dest, and got a very reasonable trade value on my car a 2002 TL type S. I already had a loan @ 6.0% so I declined acura's best offer of 6.08% , would have been .66c a month higher so didnt bother.
  • voodoo11voodoo11 Member Posts: 5
    Call Chevy Chase Acura.....
  • suv2002suv2002 Member Posts: 20
    What did you get for it? I have one with 51K miles and it's in good shape.
  • dooda1dooda1 Member Posts: 2
    That's how I looked at my purchase! I traded in my 04 TL on the 06 Carbon Gray RL! I absolutely love the car! The gadgets are fantastic and it drives like a luxury car!
    I like the fact that it is somewhat understated in exterior design. I know that I am driving a $50K car and it feels like it is to me. I traded my 2004 TL for $23K and purchased my new 06 TL for $40K in Florida!

A real Acura lover!
    Dave
  • stheodd1stheodd1 Member Posts: 18
    Stopped in to my local dealer to look at a preowned 05 RL that was advertised in the paper. Sitting next to it was an 06 with Nav no tech with 3000 miles on it, pre owned. They have it priced at 42,995. While I have read the posts on new cars just curious on thoughts on what price should be for a car that is like new but has been titled. It was out of the same dealership and the buyer just didn't want it.(allegedly) Appreciate any feedback.
    BTW it is black with black interior.
    Thanks to All.
  • dooda1dooda1 Member Posts: 2
    If you want Black on Black, I would offer them no more than $39K. Maybe even start at $38K Just one man's thoughts.

Dave
    I bought my 06 RL a month ago and paid 40,600 with 0 miles.
  • gvr4wdgvr4wd Member Posts: 23
    I don't know what area you're in, but I recieved a quote of 41.5 for brand new from Chevy Chase Acura. Others found cheaper in VA. I wouldn't buy one with 3k miles for 42,995. If you live close to Washington DC are you should definitely check out Chevy Chase and/or Radley...
  • stheodd1stheodd1 Member Posts: 18
    Hi All
    Thanks for the timely responses. I've got the dealer down to 39,800 with just one phone call. Found more interesting info out of Manheim auction. The top prices are the actual sale prices at auction for 06 low miles wholesale.

Wholesale Price
    Above Average Below $41,300 $40,000 $38,700

Est. Retail
    $45,100 $43,700 $42,300

It's interesting. I've seen this with some other cars where the new purchase can be made so well because of incentives and market conditions that the pre owned price is almost the same.
    Anyway if I can buy the car for 39,000 I'm in.
    Thanks again to all!!
    stheodd1
  • jfhouchensjfhouchens Member Posts: 8
    Thanks to the kind folks on this board, I just picked up my 06 RL from Pohanka Acura in Chantilly. I negotiated a price of $40,800 (included destination) + TTL + $299.00 fee.

The internet sales manager was very eager and easy to work with. They also took my 04 TL in trade and gave me a surprisingly fair value for it.

thanks folks! I am very happy with the RL! A great car, and at this price, a great value!
  • sasaxmansasaxman Member Posts: 1
    Hello all. Great forum! It's been very helpful.

I have been trying to get one of the 06 RLs on the current pricing. I had one nailed down here, but the dealer has me sour - at least I think I should be, so I'm looking to see if I'm upset over nothing, or asking for appropriate service. It's a black one with the parchment interior. I originally asked for a red one, which they said they could get, but when I brought my wife in a couple days later, they said they couldn't bring in any from other dealers. I looked at their stock and asked to write up the black one. They then said they could give me a 2.9% loan, which I jumped at. Then the next day, after I signed the deal (though my copy is not signed by anyone at the dealer) they called and said I couldn't have the 2.9% on the car, despite three people reviewing it at the dealer the previous day. I went in later that day and talked with the finance guy and asked them to make good on the deal or re-negotiate the sales price. They wouldn't budge, and didn't even acknowledge the string of missteps building up. I told them I needed time to think about it, and then asked to see the car, since they had prepped it (it was still in shipment plastic when I saw it the previous day). Then I found a dent in the left front fender! They said they would take care of it, but the prep also clearly had left adhesive on the outside surface of the car. I've since called another dealer about an hour or so away, and they're working hard to get my business thus far, and have said they can match price (40993 before accessories) and get the color I want shipped to their dealership (versus what my local dealer said). I'm gonna talk to the local dealer tomorrow sometime. Any advice or thoughts? I hope it all turns out okay - I think the car is great, but a purchase of a luxury sport sedan should feel better, no?
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Make sure the other dealer doesn't stick you with a transport fee. Sounds like your local dealer is doing some dirty dealing. Chances are, if you buy the one from the other dealer, your local dealer isn't going to treat you right for service and warranty repairs.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    A mistep on the dealer's side to tell you they could get 2.9% financing before looking at credit reports on you and to see what you would qualify for. Was it purposely to mislead you to make a purchase from them?

Only they can answer that question. Could have been an honest mistake.

But, stock and inventory at dealer's changes daily. What one dealer can get today, might not be available tomorrow (or even within an hour) of when they originally checked.

Personally, if I'm going to drop $40K+ large on a car, I'd definitely want to get in a color I like.

The question you should ask yourself is whether you're willing to drive that hour to find out if the 2nd dealer can really get you the color you want. Or, are they just trying to get you in the showroom. While any Acura dealer has to service your car, are you going to want to drive an hour for warranty work from the 2nd dealer? Will you mind taking it to the dealer close to home, even though you soured on them?

Just some questions to ask.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • hoyasaxa2hoyasaxa2 Member Posts: 1
    I would be interested to know prices paid by others in the NY area for a new 2006 RL + Tech. package. I was quoted 45,595 by internet sale manager as his first price. Based on prices mentioned elsewhere in this site, and the Mfer holdback of 3,000 mentioned, my thought is to try and get it down to $44,100.

Thank you for any help you can give me!
  • scubapennscubapenn Member Posts: 1
    Is 40,834.13 out the door price a good deal on a 2006 acura mdx with ipod link and chrome side step with everything else included ttl etc.
    Also I am only getting 3100 for 4x4 xlt 1999 explorer. Can I do better?

Thanks
  • trtaetrtae Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at buying a new RL in the Seattle area and would like to know what others are paying. I've received internet quotes of between $43.5 - $44.5, but these seem high given the $3K marketing assistance from Acura.
    Forget those internet quotes. I printed the lowest price paid from the forum took it to a dealer sales manager at the end of July and said match it. Paid 40,600.00 Sussman Acura Jenkintown Pa.
  • bmackrellbmackrell Member Posts: 4
    can someone tell me when the 2007 model RL will be in showrooms?
  • sortersorter Member Posts: 146
    Looks like there are sales going on for all these new RL. It is much cheaper than a GS and I think RL is better value. But how about resale on this thing?
  • gcookgcook Member Posts: 33
    See this:

http://www.hondanews.com/CatID3010?view=p&grid=16&page=1

It appears acura has posted all of the specs/ pics / etc for the 2007 model RL.
  • gearheadedgearheaded Member Posts: 19
    So what's the MSRP for the base (non nav) 2007 RL? Can't access it on this site.
  • amybethamybeth Member Posts: 1
    According to autodeadline.com, the pricing will be as follows:
    RL, $45,780
    RL w/ Technology Package, $49,400
    RL w/ CMBS & PAX, $53,100
    No mention of a "release date."
  • john_dawsonjohn_dawson Member Posts: 1
    Is $40,600 the net price? Does it include the destination charge? What charges if any, did you pay in addition to the $40,600? Thanks for your help.
    40,600.00 with destination
    doc fee 55.00
    pa. sales tax 2436.00
    registration fee 68.50
  • low_ball_88low_ball_88 Member Posts: 171
    Lorenzo,

What options came with the $40,600 price?
    I used message post # 692 who purchased a RL for 40,599.00 which included free pro package (wheel locks, trunk tray and splash guard).
    I settled for wheel locks and splash guard ( a little give and take, trunk tray was no big deal for me).
  • gcookgcook Member Posts: 33
    Acura.com has the 2007 up now.

I am thinking the dealer will try to peak the prices for a bit then settle down so we can make a good deal..
  • navboynavboy Member Posts: 32
    :shades:
    I am considering a new 2006 ACURA RL with TECH PACKAGE. Is this a good price: $44,500 (in the Los Angeles area)? I understand there is a 3000 dollar incentive on this car.
    :)
    Question numero dos: Are there any incentives (like the 3000 dollar incentive) on the 2007 RL's?
    :P
    Question Numero Tres: Do you know of any lease calculators that have up-to-date AHF lease information (like money factors, residuals, etc...) Thanks!

;)
  • BushwackBushwack Member Posts: 258
    Marketing support is at $4,000 thru 10/31/06 for the 2006 model (not $3,000).

At the rate RLs are selling, Acura (probably) will not have any large incentives on 2007 until December at the earliest (an eductaed guess).
  • shoppitshoppit Member Posts: 6
    I'm in MA and just learned about the 4k rebate this weekend. There are very few 06 RL's around. Local dealer said if I committed to $41,500, he'd get me the Charcoal / Black Nav RL I want, probably from NY or NJ stock. Left a $500 deposit on Saturday, now Wednesday and they still won't commit to getting it for me. I've already had a couple of phone arguements and starting to feel jerked around. I'm debating whether to get my deposit back and try elsewhere, or give up and try for a decent deal when the 07's become plentiful. Does anyone think Acura will offer any kind of 07 rebates or does that only happen at model year end to clear out inventory? Thanks.
  • cc2010cc2010 Member Posts: 16
    What dealership did you work with in Seattle? How are you enjoying it so far? And what color combination did you get? Thanks.
    You're definitely being jerked around. How on Earth did they get you to commit to buying a car that they weren't even committed to getting for you??? :confuse: :confuse:

"They saw you coming" would be an understatement. I think they saw you when you got out of bed that morning. Go get your money back. Don't bother waiting for the '07, either. You'd be crazy to do any business with that dealership again.
    With pressure, as usual. The pitch is that there's very few cars left and if I really want one, then cut a deal and they'll go to work on it. They didn't want to do the work to secure and hold a car from another dealer if I wasn't serious. I was OK with that: I understand it's good business. I just didn't expect them to drag their feet after getting the deposit, especially knowing the $41,500 is a few hundred dollars more than the prices other people here have paid recently for their RL's, so it should be worth their while to make it happen. The only RL's left in New England are demo's and crappy colors, so I may be in the same boat wherever I go. It shouldn't be this aggrevating to spend $40k.
    Your best bet is to do your own search for the car you want and contact that dealership directly. It'll eliminate the middle man [your dealership] and you'll get a much better deal, believe me. You'll just have to pay for transport from that dealership to you, which will probably be no more than $300 if it's coming from several states away.
    I filled out a couple internet auto shopping forms that claim they'll send my requests to appropriate dealers and will respond. Unfortunately, the only dealer that emailed back is the internet slaes rep at the dealership I just away from.

I don't know where most New England, NY and NJ Acura dealers are located. Of the ones I found, only a small number show their current inventory. Can you give me some advice for searching for the car?

I was hoping to turn in the older Legend I'm driving as a trade in. This seems impractical to do with a long distance dealer, whom I doubt would commit until seeing the car, but then may not want it or try to undervalue it.

The original dealer left a message that, as per my reqest, they were refunding my deposit to my credit card and sending me a copy of the credit.
  • lrpetlrpet Member Posts: 2
    Just a note of appreciation to all who have posted there buying experiences. I have found the NE dealers to meet the price quoted from Radley Acura in VA. I have given a deposit in CT for a Carbon Grey/Taupe 2006 nontech with ipod music link and splashguards for $41,150. I was able to track down the colors I wanted by calling different dealers in my region. I did not find the local dealers that helpful in 'locating' the colors I wanted.
    Are you going from VA to CT to pick it up, or having it delivered?
    ... Can you give me some advice for searching for the car? ...

I recommend going to Acura's website and looking up the phone numbers for the dealerships you're thinking of doing business with. Call them directly and make them an offer. First, put the car together on Edmunds to get the invoice price. After you've got that, call or email the dealerships and make an offer of no more than $1,000 over invoice.

Happy shopping!
  • sburke7sburke7 Member Posts: 37
    Purchased out the door- $41.9,,,shopped dealer web sites,,,still learning alot about this car!
  • lrpetlrpet Member Posts: 2
    I live in NE, and will be going to CT to pick up the car later this week.
    They was a flurry of activity this morning, but I’m really skeptical of dealers asking me in to make a deal on a car they say they may be able to get. A NY dealer 200 miles away said he had both carbon and lakeshore with ebony in stock and a regional dealer just swapped in a lakeshore / ebony from PA, which I went to see tonight. It does have 400 miles on it (mapquest shows the PA to MA drive at 320 miles) and is my second color choice, but I’m really uncomfortable trying to buy a car long distance, so I went for it. Ended up paying $41,135, which includes mud guards, wheel locks, all weather mats and trunk liner. I had some slightly better email offers (car only at $40,500), but it’s the bird in the hand.

taylOrd, I belong to several internet forums, both providing and seeking help, and in my world, it’s usually considered bad form to respond to a newbie’s first post by ragging on him; we all have to start somewhere. Regardless, I appreciate your help and support (and humor).

Does anyone purchase any of the extended warrantee packages?
    Jenkintown Pennsylvania is the purchase city/state.
    Great acceleration
    most comfortable
    great nav
    etc.etc.
    celestial silver/ black
    If I were buying today my offer would be 39,600.00
    Honda giving the dealer 4,000.00, 3,000.00 when I purchased.
  • ed111ed111 Member Posts: 22
    Paid $40,200 + doc. fee. Destination fee included. Purchased Oct. 2006. Odometer read 15 miles at delivery.

Price included winter floor mats, color-matched mud flaps and wheel locks installed.
  • vluuvluu Member Posts: 100
    Paid $40,200 + doc. fee. Destination fee included. Purchased Oct. 2006. Odometer read 15 miles at delivery.

Price included winter floor mats, color-matched mud flaps and wheel locks installed.

How much stock did they have left? How long did it take you to negotiate for this deal... email or just coming into the dealership and getting the deal?

thanks
  • ed111ed111 Member Posts: 22
    Made deal by phone during first phone call, prior to any visit. Did not use email.

Not sure how much stock left, but I saw a few RL vehicles. You can get inventory information (may not be absolutely up to date) for some dealers at acura.com.
  • vluuvluu Member Posts: 100
    Anyone recently buy a 2006 RL in the DC/VA/MD area? I'm looking for a "new" 2006 Standard RL with Nav. I have heard of some northeast areas getting deals now for under 41K without TTL. Wondering if I can get one for under 40K without TTL? Any recent purchases in the DC/VA/MD area would be appreciated.

thanks!
  • sburke7sburke7 Member Posts: 37
    Call Priority Acura in Cheasapeake, VA,,,do not know if one can be had for under 40k,,,will not hurt to ask.

They will work with you!

Good Luck!