Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura RL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dvkimsondvkimson Member Posts: 4
    Did anyone purchase a 06 RL in Atlanta area recently? What price did you get?
  • dvkimsondvkimson Member Posts: 4
    I'll answer to my own question. Got a charcoal gray 06 RL for 41K + TTL. I felt can do a litle better but this is close enough for me.
  • sburke7sburke7 Member Posts: 37
    I bought mine in Asheville,,,great buy and great car!,,,will make several road trips to Atl,,,
  • jgoodman0429jgoodman0429 Member Posts: 2
    I just leased a TL w/ PAX, tech package and camera. They sold the car at 43,000. It seems to be a good deal. The money factor, residual were all in line with what they were supposed to be.
  • tizertizer Member Posts: 23
    Just picked up a 06 RL, Lakeshore Silver with Ebony Interior at Ramsey Acura for $40K even plus Tax and Registration. Price included a Back up Camera. This was a straight purchase with no trade in. Dealer experience was very good.
  • vluuvluu Member Posts: 100
    Got a 2006 RL non-tech package (black/black).... got it for $39,500 + TTL. This included; wheel locks and life time oil changes + Va State inspections. The dealer was Radley Acura in Va.
  • golden49golden49 Member Posts: 2
    I am considering trading my 2004 A8L with 33k miles for a new 2007 Acura RL. Does anyone have an opinion about the differences? The A8 is a beautiful car but is in the shop at least once a month and I own an MDX which has been flawless.
    Go for the RL!,,,I have had 3,,,my 3rd being an '06,,,Not One major service issue,,,my brother in law had an Audi,,,constantly in the shop as well!,,,

As the saying goes,,,"beauty is only skin deep!",,,
  • acuratacurat Member Posts: 87
    Amazing deals being posted here! Since non-tech 06 RL is at $44,582 invoice with $4K factory-to-dealer cash, apparently the East Coast dealers are giving up their holdback to move the metal?!? Anybody see that happening out West? :shades:

I was quoted $40,582 + TTL by a fleet manager here in the L.A. area today. We didn't talk colors or accessories. There is a trade involved so that always complicates things.

I bought my 04 TL non-navi from them a couple of years ago. Agree with posts on the 2006 RL board that the TL is a fine value but a bit harsh and rattly for me. Also lusting for the satellite traffic. Hate to pay 6% interest though. Might wait to get a tech 07RL w/o PAX around Memorial Day for lower APR on newer vehicle. No one really mentions the issue of depreciation...an 06 is a year older and if only keeping it a few years, there is a hit when it comes time to sell.

Any opinions on this deal? (Assuming reasonable trade of course.) :confuse:
  • mbellamymbellamy Member Posts: 9
    Wow, the prices quoted here are amazingly good!

I just drove the 2006 RL in San Diego today, and the price quote from the fleet manager was $45,549+ tax and license! I was told that inventory is very low and this was his best offer. Guess I'd better make some calls to Orange County and LA.

I have a 2001 TL that I like a lot, so I also drove the TL today. While I liked it, I much prefer the RL--for all the reasons mentioned in recent posts.

Any advice on getting a better price would be most appreciated. Thanks.
    Thanks to everyone who posted price information! That was valuable information. By making a few phone calls outside of San Diego County, I have located several RLs at great prices, well below the first quote.

Now to decide if this is indeed the car I want and what color, based on what's left.
    Drove the 06 RL. After the TL the driving experience is a bit, shall we say, tame. Undeniably luxurious, smooth as glass, quiet cabin with no rattles, and the satellite traffic is too cool. First problem is, I'm not out of love with my 04 TL.

That said, the fleet manager came up with even more compelling pricing, well into the holdback. Could start to get a bit infatuated here...

Second and major problem: lousy trade-in offer on the TL that is about $3K south of Edmunds' trade-in TMV. We are way too far apart. CarMax next??? Don't want to sell it in the classifieds.

:confuse:
    Yes, I know what you mean! The first offer on the trade-in was below what I wanted, but I held firm and they upped the price a little. I got the KBB "good" price, which is slightly above the Edmunds' trade in price for a "clean" vehicle, on my 2001 TL as well as a great price on the RL--so I drove off in it yesterday and love it. :D There are a lot of 2001s out there, it seems. But I have a lot going on and don't have the time to sell it privately.

This dealer wsa eager to deal, and this was their last 2006. I hadn't planned to buy yet, but Acura of Escondido had a color I liked (Lakeshore Silver w/taupe interior) and the price was terrific ($41K; I had a quote of $40,7000 from a dealer in Orange County, but he offered much less on the trade in so it wsan't worth the drive).

The overall buying experience was excellent, too--especially after the first dealer in San Diego I visited quoted a price that was $4,500 higher. I did not go back to him because when I asked if that was his best price, he said yes. He had his chance! Although he was great at explaining the car's features and spent a lot of time with me, he didn't seem willing to negotiate.

I've never bought a car so quickly!
    Congrats mbellamy! Sounds like you did everything right. I'm a firm believer in letting your fingers do the walking--bought my last 5 or 6 cars by phone. It takes the emotion out of the negotiation.

Enjoy your new RL!!
    Thanks, Acurat! This certainly was the easiest car buying experience I have had. For once i didn't waffle around--this car or that one? The RL felt right when I drove it, and I opted for the 2006 because it came with the nav system and is essentially the same car as the 2007.

I happened to notice that in the 2007s without the nav system, Acura is using fake wood--that is pretty chintzy, if you ask me! :confuse: Also to charge for the cargo net, which was included on my 2001 TL. May see if I can get one that fits at Kragen rather than having to schlep back to the dealer..
    The saga continues. Contacted another dealer who offered an 06 RL at $39,500 + TTL. Great!! Unfortunately the trade on my 04 TL is the sticking point; that dealer offered $20K by phone and sounded unlikely to go higher. Took the TL to CarMax, they offered the same $20K. Not really worth it to give up a perfectly great car for 85% of its wholesale value. Guess I'm out for now. No deal. :cry:
    To correct something I wrote earlier--the dealer said there should have been z cargo net and is sending me one. Everyone there continues to be most responsive to my questions.

Sorry you can't get a better trade-in on your TL, Acurat. Would you sell it yourself? I'd think it would be an easy sell.
  • crankiest1crankiest1 Member Posts: 1
    I have offers from two dealerships for $40,577 + TTL (invoice less the $4k cash to dealer). Both offers were negotiated by e-mail; what a great way to deal!
  • royal3royal3 Member Posts: 4
    I bought 06 RL yesterday.
    $41,000+TTL but it includes free Backup camera($770), splash guard($135),trunk mat($99), and wheel locks($82).

GS300(2006) is great as well but wanted more bells and whistles and worried some complaints about sway and drift of GS300.
    For those (like me) who have been waiting for some compelling development to pull the trigger on a new RL...Honda Finance is offering 3.9% financing for up to 36 months and 4.9% for 48 or 60 months. Apparently just for the Thanksgiving weekend. :shades:
  • p_pietrup_pietru Member Posts: 2
    WOW I'm confused . I've been watching this forum for a few weeks now and waiting to buy my new '06 RL...looking @ prices paid one month ago($40,000 and under) and cannot get any dealer in NJ to bite on $40,000, cash+ trade. Are these scenarios for real or are people makin this stuff up? Is it possible the deals were better one month ago?
  • ed111ed111 Member Posts: 22
    I paid $40,200 + doc. fee in that geographic area in October, including wheel locks, mud flaps and floor mats. Maybe the dealers are less flexible as the supply dwindles.
  • p_pietrup_pietru Member Posts: 2
    what was the name of your dealer / town I'm not opposed to travel a bit for a good deal
    Try Appletree Acura in Asheville, NC,,,this dealership has several 2006 RL's in stock,,,they will work with you!,,,

SB
  • palaltpalalt Member Posts: 25
    I'm having similar difficulties in the Chicagoland area. I've seen "used" 2006 RL's advertised for over $40K. I'd love to find a new one for the same amount. The two dealers I contacted had no new 06's and are holding pretty firm on MSRP on 07's. They offer a token discount, but that's not enough to convert me from a "looker" to a "buyer".
    General Question to the RL Owners: Would you buy it again or make a different choice?
    I bought my 2006 RL a month ago; traded in a 2001 TL. I love the car and the way it handles, as does my husband (who is much fussier than I; he is about to lease an Audi A8 when his MB E320 lease ends). Very comfortable and classy, love the interior design. It takes a while to learn all the features; I didn't have time to do a full orientation at the dealer.

Would I buy again? You bet! Lots of car for the money. :) (I was also looking at the Lexus ES 350 and Infiniti M35.)

My one beef with Acura--the other luxury car dealers provide free oil changes, loaners etc. Don't know if it is just the policy of my local dealaers or this is a national policy.
  • nebraskaguynebraskaguy Member Posts: 341
    My one beef with Acura--the other luxury car dealers provide free oil changes, loaners etc. Don't know if it is just the policy of my local dealers or this is a national policy

My dealer offers both - for as long as I own my RL.
    Drove home tonight in a black/ebony 2006 RL Tech/CMBS/PAX with splash guards for $100 above dead cost ($42,475 + TTL). Trade was acceptable and no cash changed hands; it was a skinny deal. Got the 4.9% financing for 60 months. Acura of Santa Monica is a little bit downscale as Acura dealers go but they beat my former dealer by a couple grand on the total deal.

Sweet!!!

;)
    Congrats! I know you've been waiting and looking for a while. Enjoy the ride! :)
  • badbuybadbuy Member Posts: 12
    Bought new 06RL, Navi. Dealer had car for three full days before delivery to get things ready and check the car out. From the problems that appeared within the first two weeks, the Dealer may have done almost nothing to prep or check it out! Plus, after 2 requests, the Dealer failed to follow through on Acura (Honda Corporation) advertised service.

Additionally, there have been problems with items purchased within the sale contract and I've requested help from Acura on clearing up the situation. There's been NO RESPONSE at all from them.

There has been no "new car buyer" follow-up at all. The silence is quite odd.

In the new year, I will take the car in one day at a time for each problem. It's a real drag on my time but I have to do things right. This was supposed to be a luxury car from a luxury brand?? For now, the car sits in the garage while I use my Nissan Maxima.

From my brief experience, the Dealer, Chevy Chase Acura in Maryland seems somewhat inept. In view of the problems, I'm hesitant to trust them.

As for loaner cars (mentioned in some messages), the Dealer verbally promised to provide one on each and every service including oil changes that can't be done quickly. Needless to say, I'm hesitant to trust them on this promise.

My feeling: From my experience, don't automatically trust Acura dealers to follow through on anything and don't expect much from Honda North America (Acura) when you contact them. The manufacturer is trying for an upscale market position while delivering low scale service. They certainly don't screen their franchise holders close enough.

That's only part of my experience so far on a new Acura. :confuse:
  • mevandemevande Member Posts: 190
    MSRP in Chicagoland for 07's?. They will be sitting on those cars for awhile if all they are offering is a token discount. The RL is nice, but still had not found it niche and used 06's for 40K... no sane person would buy one. :)
    Too bad about that dealer. Mine (in San Diego area) was great and promptly took care of some loose ends in the several days afterwards. Got a thank you note from the salesman, Acura did its survey as usual, etc.

Hope your dealer shapes up....there are other better dealers in your area, I believe; a friend who lives in DC bought from Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg and has been pleased.
  • sarahbeth0404sarahbeth0404 Member Posts: 4
    This is my 6th ACURA from dealer. Legends,RLs.I purchased 3 after lease. Here is quoted deal.
    2007 Tech Pac, CMBS Pax $54,369, Tax 1631.07, Title 379.00, Tag 69.00. Total Price 56,448,07
    36 month lease w/10k miles/yr (always had 12k),1st payment due at signing 1059, no security deposit. Money Factor 3.1%,Residual on lease 52% (28,012).I have a very high credit rating. Is this the best they can do?

By my calculations I am paying 36,000 for 30,000 miles or 1.26 a mile.???

I have not seen the sticker or the car yet. This does not seem right right.

PLEASE HELP ME...I KNOW THEY SEE ME COMING.
    IT'S AN ACURA RL
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Run away from that "deal."
  • s2k06s2k06 Member Posts: 2
    Sarah if this is your 6th car there, they really need to do allot better than that. A fair deal on the selling price of an 07 RL with your credentials should be around $49K - $51. MSRP on this car I believe is $53K. Plus Acura is offering special financing and leasing on this vehicle too. There charging you full pricing! Runaway! I purchased my Acura's in the DC Metro area (Rosenthal Acura).

If your dealer doesn't take care of you I am sure my dealer can ship you one for alot less.

Also for "badbuy" I had horrible experiences with Chevy Chase Acura. They offered me a unbelievable pricing thru the internet and when I got their it was just pure BS. They didn't even have the car instock! So I went to Rosenthal Acura and had a great buying experience. I paid a little bit ($500)they asked for profit which was half of there incentive, I thought it was fair. My credit wasn't perfect either and the finance manager "bumped" up to the best financing too even if I didn't qualify for it. Also the maintenance wasn't included at Rosenthal but from my experience with Chevy Chase it would be safe to say there service probably reflects there sales staff.

I have since bought 2 cars from Rosenthal Acura and they even reffered me to another salesman who helped buy my Honda S2000 at Herson's. :shades: Goodluck with everything the both you. ;)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    I agree.. it sounds like they are charging you full MSRP for the vehicle..

Acura RLs are heavily discounted. I'm not sure of the lease program, or your tax rate, etc.., but any payment over $800 would be very suspect.. (and, I wouldn't pay that much either...)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the Info.

Whats a fair CASH PRICE?

If I buy thru American Honda Finance what is a good interest rate? I have an extremely good credit rating.Would the price of the car change?
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Sarah, go here: link title

There you can price out your car and get a reasonable price you should offer to buy it for. The defacto standard around here is $1,000 above invoice. But with how much discounting is being done on the RL, I'd probably offer maybe $700 over invoice if not invoice itself.

[edit]
    Nevermind. Invoice price isn't even listed. Again, based on what others are paying for this car, if you pay more than $44K, you paid too much. (That's U.S. dollars, by the way.)
  • ebitdaebitda Member Posts: 3
    Bought an 07 RL with Tech package last weekend from Davis Acura in Langhorne, PA. Paid $1000 over invoice + dest. and paid $3200 for the following dealer options: spoiler, 18" chrome wheels, sport steering wheel, IPod MusicLink, wood shift knob, all season mats, wheel locks. Definitely didn't steal the car from them but I feel like I got a decent price. Car is great. First Acura sedan and I love it so far. Dealer is great also. Bought an MDX from them last year. Be happy to provide any additional info if anyone is interested.
    ebitda.. (are you an accountant?)

What was the total price before taxes?

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ebitdaebitda Member Posts: 3
    ebitda.. (are you an accountant?

Investment Adivsor

Total before taxes was $50,000.
  • lermanlerman Member Posts: 1
    I just came from my local Acura dealer (Rallye Acura, roslyn NY)
    I pretty much was looking for the same car. 07 RL with Tech package and spoilers and wood know/wheel, ipod link, all seaon mats. 12K miles. I told him I would prob lease.
    The guy gave me some of the worst pricing I think I've ever heard. He said the car was approx 56K with everything...
    offered me a lease for 42 months, nothing down, taxes/everything into the lease payment, $949 per month.
    Seems CRAZY, looking for another dealer ship... What do you think the invoice should be on that car???
  • whealy53whealy53 Member Posts: 13
    Invoice is about $6000 below MSRP regardless of trim level.
  • kiiwiikiiwii Member Posts: 318
    $949 / month lease sounds like an excellent deal.......for 2 '07 RLs!
  • apempelapempel Member Posts: 8
    Not sure if this is the right forum, so apologize if it's not.

Local independent car lot (good reputation) has a 2005 RL with 22K miles, clean CarFax report, excellent condition.

Priced at $35K. Titled in Oct. 04, so warranty will expire at 50K miles or in Oct. 08. I put about 15K a year on car.

I have NEVER bought pre-owned before (and I'm no spring chicken!), so am a bit nervous.

Does this scream bad deal or should I consider it?

Thanks!
    Not sure on the current market value of a used '05, but just a few months ago, brand-new '06 models were selling for around $41K..

Given that... $35K sounds a little steep for an '05 model that is already over two years old.. You'll only have 21 months of warranty..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I'd agree that $35K is a lot for a 2+ year old RL. Also consider that the build date is toward the very beginning of the first model year. In general that means trouble...

If there are any more '06s out there anywhere, you'd be better off buying new. Got my '06 with Tech package last month at dead cost (invoice less $4000 incentive less $1600 holdback). Turned out to be right around $11,500 under MSRP. By summer there should be substantial incentives on the '07s if you are not in a hurry.

Note that the '06 and '07 models have a 6 year/70K mile powertrain warranty in addition to the 4 year/50K bumper-to-bumper. SH-AWD is covered under the longer warranty.
  • gcookgcook Member Posts: 33
    I saw the new 07 RL Lease commercial last night. Once they start the lease deals then the so-called "demand" is no longer existent. I figure, or hope, some incentives will be coming soon. It seems like whenever a new model year comes out the dealers superficially inflate the demand...
    From memory.. that deal on the commercial wasn't all that great....

$599/mo. sounds good... but, 42 months.. and I think $3000 due at signing?

Just average..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator