Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus LX 570 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

duvalduval Member Posts: 6
edited October 2014 in Lexus
Lets start the discussion group and can anyone help me from where I reside or should I travel west to California? I am often on business trips that lead me to several states. Perhaps it is best that I have my Lx 470 selection shipped to the Southeast? JM will not deal as much on the Lx 470 so far is what I have experienced... ALSO I learned that they are not the largest store in the world!! Any advise members? We seek and immediate purchase for a 2005 Ls 430 sedan or 2005 Lx 470 SUV. No Local Atlanta, Georgia nor Alabama dealer offers us much savings on any selection is what we are encountering. Perhaps we should wait until the end of the 2005 year to buy our Lexus selection instead? I hear that the best bargains occur during that period, fewer salesman haggle and their apparent 'take it or leave it' demeanor alters. Of course we have heard about the end of season limited colors likelihood although we are flexible. What should be our next step?

Eagerly awaiting.

Comments

• archiefriendarchiefriend Member Posts: 7
    Actually, I heard JM is indeed the largest Lexus dealer in the world. However, their location in Florida would probably not help you in getting the best price on a LX470. There are 4 Lexus dealers in close proximity to DC. I received a quote of $4300 off list from Pohanka Lexus when I was shopping for my 04 LS430 in 1/04; I ended up buying from Lexus of Northborough in MA, which matched the price. From the posts I've read on the LS430 chat site, the discounts on 04's got progressively bigger as 2004 wore on. I've also heard that the discounts are biggest in December, as Lexus has a huge desire to remain #1 in luxury car sales over BMW and MB.

I'm just starting the shopping process for an 05 LX470. Intuitively, I think a dealership in the Northeast, with larger demand for and therefore inventory of the LX470 would be more likely to offer a larger discount. I could be wrong. Any leads?
  • meidda1meidda1 Member Posts: 1
    Were you able to find out what people have been paying for an 05 LX470? I am on the east coast and in the process of looking. Thanks
  • harley1harley1 Member Posts: 1
    I was just in JM Lexus in South Florda. They had a sales price tag in the window of a black LX showing $2,500 off of sticker on an '05. I'm trying to swing a deal on a loaded '04 but they won't budge much more than about $3k- doesn't seem to make sense- guess I'll get an '05.

I'm going to try Lexus of Palm Beach.
  • hersheyhershey Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am researching which car to buy and I think I have finally picked the LX 470 (2005 after considering the 2005 models of the range rover, BMW X5, and lexus RX) however they seem to be in high demand. I am located in California, Central Valley area and was wondering if anyone knew of where I could get the best price (dealership, online etc). The car I want has a MSRP of 70,065 which is loaded with most of the options including the RES, what price can I expect to pay?
    Thanks for any advice you have.
  • djohnso1djohnso1 Member Posts: 4
    I bought my 04 LX through an internet broker - fleetrates.com. I live in the Bay Area, but they were able to put me in touch with a large volume dealer in LA (Longo). I flew to LA- the salesman picked me up at the airport. We had set up most of the transaction ahead of time over the phone, so it didn't take long to pick up my LX and drive it home. You buy the car directly from the dealer, the broker just puts you in touch with a dealer willing to sell at a good price. I saved 1K by doing this. I was a little leary about doing the broker thing, but it's totally fine and I'll probably buy my next car this way. I think someone last year recommended fleetrates on the Edmunds LX forum. Good luck.
  • fsp38fsp38 Member Posts: 2
    hi,i'm new here,i wants to buy a 1999 lx470 have 67,948 miles,they came with cd changer,nakamichi audio,video system,leather,dual power seats,moon roof,roof rack,grille guard and towing pkg,ask for $26,900,is it a good deal,
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Lexus LX 470. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • 66stang66stang Member Posts: 9
    Starting to research the '06 LX470 so that I can purchase. Can you tell me appx. what you paid compared to MSRP? Was it considerably lower? Higher? Same? Wondering if I should wait until December to purchase (re:year end sale numbers). Any thoughts?
  • hookem1hookem1 Member Posts: 2
    Start with Sewell Lexus of Dallas - largest Lexus service location in the country...big dealership...ask for the internet service manager...i dont think we can give out names on this site but it's a woman and she's GREAT! I got a 2006 - yes I said 2006 Silver LX470 brand spanking new with 34 miles fresh off the truck for $6604 under MSRP....it just takes lots of patience, a willingness to wait, a little luck, and lots of negotiating (we shopped around from Dallas to HOuston to California to New Hampshire but the best price was the 2nd closest dealership to our house). Good luck!
  • BobsGT235BobsGT235 Member Posts: 63
    34 miles??? I'd consider that a used car. ;) I got my 06 GX470 last week right off the truck and it had 3 miles on it. :)
  • rfoekmikerfoekmike Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to buy a 2005 or 2006 Lexus SUV 470 for cash--no trade in--preferably in the Chicago area--but any location if price is right. Would like a light color and can close immediately.
    Thanks for any help you may have.
  • sidgriggssidgriggs Member Posts: 122
    Park Place Plano sold me an 06 LX470 for $62,000 in Sept 05
    The MSRP was $68,750 -- that's 6,750 off! Had 10 miles on odo when I drove it off the lot.
  • hookem1hookem1 Member Posts: 2
    Sewell Lexus in Dallas sold me a 2006 in Oct 2005 fresh off the truck from port of Long Beach for 62146...MSRP was 68795 (preferred pkg, spoiler, cross bars, tire locks)...thats 6649 off sticker for a newer year model
  • rosey5rosey5 Member Posts: 1
    I am about to possibly sign a lease on an 06 lx 470 (tomorrow) and I wanted to find out how you made out:
    My deal is:

$2,800 in bank fees, license, registration, etc.

$995 per month plus CT state tax. Fully equiped; no dvd player or any extras (it does have the GPS).

Any thoughts?
  • carsarefuncarsarefun Member Posts: 1
    I am currently leasing a Lexus RX 330 which will be over at the end of november...I am considering leasing an LX470, but have no idea what a really good lease should be for this car...I have been told that I could get much better terms since I already have a Lexus...I am not that particular for the terms...would do 24, 36, or 39 month lease...I do not need more than 12,000 miles/year...I just want my monthly payment to be as low as possible...any guidance would be greatly appreciated...
    Greetings carsarefun. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2007 Lexus LX 470 with 12,000 miles per year are .00275 and 51%, respectively. If I was in the market for this truck, I personally would wait until Lexus introduced its special "December to Remember" lease program as it is expected to later this month. It isn't providing any sort of lease support on this model now, so you don't have a whole lot to lose by waiting.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • topgun26topgun26 Member Posts: 16
    best offer an 2008 lx570 for 36months and 10k miles for 1546 with no money down and taxes(NY) in the payments. Any opinions?
  • pchera01pchera01 Member Posts: 8
    this forum is really slow, no one posting
  • jrigjrig Member Posts: 5
    I was told today at a CA dealership that Toyota will be slowing production of the LX 570 down because it is not selling well. This seemed to be said to motivate me to make a quick decision as the salesman inferred that supply may become constrained. This was somewhat contradictory (if they aren't selling well then it seems unlikely there will be a supply shortage) however...

Has anyone else heard this??

Thank you.
  • sidgriggssidgriggs Member Posts: 122
    In Nov my dealership told me they were in short supply and most are sold when they arrive at the Plano,Texas dealership. I bought one (got a $7,000 discount). Looked at the 10 or so they had on hand then--most are still on hand 2 months later. I think it is a great time to buy. You should get a discount of over $6,000 and know that you have bought a fine vehicle in limited production.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    When they are selling, price goes up because they can sell...

When they aren't selling, price goes up because there aren't many of them?

That's all salesperson BS... Slow sellers = big discount..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bk57bk57 Member Posts: 2
    Maybe I was in the right place at the right time or the market is a lot softer now, but I was able to pick up a 2008 LX570 with 2k miles for about $15k off the sticker price two weeks ago in the Chicago area. The buyer paid full sticker last fall and wanted one in black but purchased one in gray, then sold the gray one back to the dealership for a big loss. The vehicle then sat on the dealer's lot for 3-4 months. I told the salesperson I would pay $70k not a penny more. They wanted my 2005 LX470 with 100k miles and gave me $22k for that vehicle. Net cost was about $48k plus tax. I really liked my LX470 but there is no comparison between it and the LX570.
    bk57
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    You have got a great deal.

How was your experience with the LX470? Was it new when you purchased it?

Whats your feeling with the new lx570? How does it feel compare to the LX470, better comfort? Bigger?

Have you looked into other cars, for example X5, before making your decision?
  • bk57bk57 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased my 2005 LX470 with 3k miles from dealership and added 100k warranty at the time of purchase. I kept it for 100k miles. No problems with any major components other than replacing manifold under the warranty. I also had to have the passenger side outside mirror replaced twice because of electrical problem. So I made money on the warranty.

I really enjoyed the LX470 because it had a smooth ride and handled well, was ergonomically well designed and just felt solidly built. the more I rode in it the more I liked it. I thought the power was adequate but could have used a few more horses.

The LX570 eliminated the lack of power problem with the same gas mileage figures. When you close the doors, it feels even more solidly built, quieter and even better ergonomically designed. The interior is more luxurious, the seats feel more comfortable. The kids like the fact that the middle seats are heated and cooled. In summary, Lexus took the LX470 and greatly improved the performance and creature comforts.

I never considered the X5 because of smaller size and reliability issues.

bk57
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Thank you for the quick reply.

I can see that the new LX is better in everyway compared to the old LX.

The problem I have is, I don't need such a big vehicle, but like the high driving position.

Like you stated x5 is small for you which is something I like, but reliability is an issue with me.

Sometime back, I almost purchased the x6, but after hearing horrible reliability issues with turbo engine heating problems, I can't buy such a car.

Ever since can't make up my mind, like the new RX, but consider it to be a ladies car.
  • dgltjdgltj Member Posts: 2
    So I after months of searching I finally find a vehicle I like (the LX 570). The price I've been offered is $83200 48 month lease with the Mark Levinson sound system, Lexus Link (both of which I believe are standard in this model), climate control seats, park assist and of course the iPod integration. After spending 3 hours in the dealership and having the finance guy try to work me the offer they came up with is a monthly payment of around $1300. But wait this is after they value my trade-in at about $5K and with me putting down $15K. I don't know what money factor they used, but I'm assuming it is tied to an individual's credit rating and mine is a solid B. I can't help but think that: a) I'm not getting any kind of discount on the MSRP, b) with the amount of money I'm willing to put down I should be getting a much lower monthly payment, and c) I'm being taken for a ride. What advice can you give me on my next steps with the dealer? Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    With $20K down, you could buy the vehicle for $1300/mo. for just 60 months.. assuming a selling price of $83,200.. (Is an LX570 really $83K?)

I'm not familiar with the lease terms on an LX, but you can ask Car_man, here: Lexus LX 570 Lease Questions

I would never put $20K down on a lease... Before you do anything, you should certainly make some phone calls to other Lexus dealerships, just to see if they are even in the same universe, as far as pricing..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dgltjdgltj Member Posts: 2
    So I after months of searching I finally find a vehicle I like (the LX 570). The price I've been offered is $83200 48 month lease with the Mark Levinson sound system, Lexus Link (both of which I believe are standard in this model), climate control seats, park assist and of course the iPod integration. After spending 3 hours in the dealership and having the finance guy try to work me the offer they came up with is a monthly payment of around $1300. But wait this is after they value my trade-in at about $5K and with me putting down $15K. I don't know what money factor they used, but I'm assuming it is tied to an individual's credit rating and mine is a solid B. I can't help but think that: a) I'm not getting any kind of discount on the MSRP, b) with the amount of money I'm willing to put down I should be getting a much lower monthly payment, and c) I'm being taken for a ride. What advice can you give me on my next steps with the dealer? Thanks.
    Hi dgltj. did you say that the dealer is asking you to put down $15,000 on this lease :surprise: ? That definitely is not a good idea. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments when leasing. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. If you have money that's burning a hole in your pocket and you really want to lower your truck's monthly payment you should use the cash to make multiple security deposits on the truck that you want. Lexus Financial Services will lower the money factor that they use to calculate your truck's monthly payment by .00010 for each additional deposit that you make, up to a maximum of nine additional deposits. The beauty of MSDs is that unlike capitalized cost reductions which just disappear with you actually get your deposits back at lease end.

Furthermore, while I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the LX 570 right now I would be very surprised if you had to pay full MSRP for one after comparison shopping with a few dealers.

Try shopping around with a few other dealers and look into making multiple security deposits instead of a large down payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • pastakingpastaking Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if lexus is planning to come out with 2010 LX 570 also? And how much more its going to cost with respect to 2009 model?

Regards,
    Tom
  • nedzelnedzel Member Posts: 787
    The 2010 LX570 will be little changed, in features and price, from the 2009 LX570.
  • gryangryan Member Posts: 35
    I am looking at leasing a 2009 that was driven by the sales manager for 5000 miles. The Msrp is 83,000 and they will sell it for $69,000 or lease it for $1100 per month. i believe i lose residual value because it has 5000 miles on it? Should I wait for a 201o
  • ml2005ml2005 Member Posts: 10
    Anyone know what the residual and MF are for these current trucks for lease...36mo/15K?
    Hi ml2005. Unfortunately, the LX is one of the few models that Lexus is not providing lease support on right now. As a result, if you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services, you would have to use its standard lease program. LFS' current buy rate standard lease money factor is .00245 for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier.

LFS' 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual for the 2010 LX 570 is 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • yjpyjp Member Posts: 3
    I know it's very hard to find the trucks in the area. What's the best price? Is it possible to get the truck under the invoice price? Let me know.
  • dlcole76054dlcole76054 Member Posts: 21
    Any news on the 2012 models? When will full production be back? The tsunami really caused havoc with suppliers and production... I've questioned Lexus on Facebook about new features (LED DRL and Heads Up Display - on my RX 350 and love it). Of course, nothing solid back as an answer...
This discussion has been closed.