Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru B9 Tribeca (B9X)

Comments

• x5killerx5killer Member Posts: 368
    nice site.
    "2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca| Urban. Urbane"
    Urbane means notably polite or finished in manner.

Interesting that when you click features to view them on the right side it shows a B9 with the mesh grille though they state that as a SE only feature.

speaking of which I really do like the mesh grille. I had wanted to do something like that anyway and though some complained that it was still chrome it looks to be a darker chrome.

Aux jack seems to be in center console which is fine. I actually dont mind so much running a cord from the rear audio inputs with dvd option as i guess i'm just used to it and the video input could come in handy too but having one up front I wouldn't need to get the expensive dvd option that i was forced into on the 06.

rearview cam is nice and while some dont think you really need it if you are a good and careful at backing up. this along with the sensors could be good for city parallel parking and also on the rare occasion there could for be a kid or item on the ground directly behind your vehicle that you didn't see.

memory seat isn't anything I've gotten used to but know it was a highly requested feature and am sure it will be convenient when switching drivers or car in shop etc.

Brake assist sounds good I guess but I dont know too much about or understand it compleltely if someone wants to explain better. Is this to say that the 06's braking is inadequete? or is this just some luxury feature. ah well i guess its a good thing.

Rollover sensor hm. The b9 gets 5 star crash rating which they are quick to use as a selling point on the site (and why not) yet how safe could the 06 be if it didn't have this. again, it just makes me think if they add it , what was wrong with the version without but i guess its just a luxury feature/extra safey precaution but I thought the B9 has a very low rollover probability?

Reverse assist sensors So you can get this separately or in addition to the camera? hm would that be overkill. i guess its nice. Its just I made due without it so far but... if they offer it i'd be tempted.

Remote starter I'm surprised they offered this as its usually an aftermarket thing but I guess its just another luxury feature/option. For ppl who keep their car in a garage at home its not much use as you wouldn't want to start it with garage door closed but i guess you could open garage and then remote start to warm up car in winter. and good for when you are parked other places. the car warms up pretty quick so to me this is somewhat more of a novelty but i love luxury and the more featurs the better i guess.

Cargo Cover sounds great but its what should have been done in the first place and may be the ultimately the main feature that I really want and reason alone to sell/trade in my 06 for an 07

Speaking of which, I was really thinking of trying to wait until the 08 model so as not to lose as much on my 06 b9 at least keeping it another year and in case they add more to the 08 model including an even more important engine/hp/torque upgrade but though as i said they only thing I really need most is the improved cargo cover as my other top most wanted option of the XM I realize just cause me to have to pay another monthly payment for the service and I can't even record on the built in xm as i can on my portable that came free with purchase of my B9 along with 1 free yr subscrip.

Seeing the chan, artist, song info on the display is nice and not having to stick an antenna out teh window (as i have yet to get it more professionaly installed and hidden in headliner) is nice. but i really like to be able to record certain stuff and listen to when i want that the protable lets me do. Also, I have found a way to stream free internet radio through my pocket pc phone and directly connected to the audio input of the car and it sounds great equal to the XM. Internet radio has as many or more choices as sat radio , is free and there are companies actually working on units for the car.

rounding out the 3rd feature on the SE the chrome wheels. they look good in the picture (especially with the new dark grey color which I like on the touareg and RX and would consider on the B9)but overall i dont usually like factory chrome wheels on cars and think they look kind of stupid still having the branding on them and same style as the factory wheels and dont like chrome wheels in general i guess.

So now that I'm not as set on insisting on the XM for reasons of having to pay a monthly fee and not being able to record that leaves only one of the 3 features to get the SE, the mesh grille and that might not be totally worth it.

and as far as the new 07 featurs in general for me it would be mostly just for the cargo cover.

So though after seeing the mini site nad pictures and liking it when I really break it down its mostly 2 things I want and might not be worth trading/selling my 06 to get an 07 for. I'll have to see.

Overall though nice job on subaru's part and good improvements features. They are headed in the right direction.

Not that I care much about this feature either as i use bt headsets but what happened to integrated blue tooth? I thought that was like the #2 most requested option next to sat radio. I guess not or Subaru bypassed it. maybe 08.
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Member Posts: 648
    Just as an FYI - with the parking brake engaged, the ABS brakes still work :-)

so not sure what else is disabled besides the running lights when you engage the parking brake.
    I guess no change in the tail lights for the 07. I should have suggested that in the survey.

I'd like to see some clear/white "altezza" like tail lights for the B9. sometimes there is aftermarket clear/white tail lights but i dont think there is yet for the B9 and i dont care for the all red too much.

even the newer Honda Pilot has clear tail lights.
  • tyyeh0tyyeh0 Member Posts: 43
    sorry. altezza clear lights are pretty much out. It's just my personal opinion that none of the clear light assemblies (from stock to aftermarket) improves the look of any automobile out there. They were in way back in the late 90's. Now they are mainstream. :confuse: <a
  • aka1aka1 Member Posts: 110
    I agree, clear tail lights remind me of modified civics, and have been out of style for some time. The tail lamp unit in the B9 is a good design, they have separate reflectors for the turn signal, so you don't have the whole light assembly blinking as you had in the 80's Buicks. I personally think having one color in back (red) keeps the car clean looking without much clutter.

All the improvements on the '07 are very nice, not enough to make me want to trade my 06 in for one though. Any competent shop can run A/V cables to the console box and have a decent setup for Ipods, video cameras- etc. The mesh grill doesn't really impress me, but if someone wanted one, they would be able to order one via Subaru parts and swap it out.

Although I like the factory chrome wheels, with my pearl white, the stock rims look just fine- it all boils down to personal taste, and how far/ much your willing to go/spend to have what you want. I bought the car b/c I wanted something that I could keep for a while, regardless of new features, engines, wheels etc. After my Audi (2002) hits 6 years (2008) then the whole shopping starts again.

AKA1
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Time again for our weekly Subie chat session. Anything and everything Subie is the focus, but we get off into all kinds of other stuff as well.

And if you haven't set up your CarSpace yet, I can answer questions about that too!

PF Flyer
    Host
    News & Views, Wagons, & Hybrid Vehicles

The Subaru Crew Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule
  • jerrys2jerrys2 Member Posts: 189
    Is it me or my computer, or is everyone away?

Jerry
  • subienewbie2subienewbie2 Member Posts: 458
    No it's not you - not much activity lately
    I prefer at least the turn signals in the rear be Yellow. that way they grab your attention when used (for those that use turn signals)

also for hazard lights. Yellow stands out more then flashing red. I was following a B9 last night who was on the interstate when I merged on. the red turn signals are not bright at all.

I also use the flashing lights when traffic makes a sudden stop on the highway for some reason or another to warn upcoming fast traffic to slow down so I dont get rear ended.
    well a bummer at the autoshow last week in Pittsburgh did NOT have the 2007 B9 on display. the Subaru reps there didnt even have that much information just some rumors on what the 2007 contained. I knew more from the website that was linked to from here :)
  • cptpltcptplt Member Posts: 1,075
    there's a reason the rest of the world insists on yellow rear turn signals, its more visible and safer!
    They could do what VW on many models except the recent ones and Porsche (on the cayenne) do, have a yellow light whose lens is almost as red as the red brake light, from a distance they are indistinguishable but the yellow when it flashes is still clearly yellow
  • spence66spence66 Member Posts: 39
    Anyone know about playing DVD's in the front NAV screen
    How do you maneuveer control's as well

thanks
    Another good feature most EURO cars have is a rear fog light. On most brands when you turn on your fog lights the rear tail lights get brighter making you more visible. Some have a discreet light but either is a nice extra bit of safety.

I almost rear ended a guy last month on an interstate during heavy fog. If he had a Euro car it would never been a close call.
  • cptpltcptplt Member Posts: 1,075
    the only problem with those rear foglights in the US is people use them at the wrong time., assuming half the drivers of cars so equipped even knew what they were!
    In the UK (at least in the late 70s and 80s when I was stationed there), it was illegal to have those rear foglights on unless there really was fog because the glare could blind the guy behind, you got a ticket for driving around town with them on in good visibility!
    Good point.

But I often wish we were subjected to the same requirements and enforcement as in most European countries.

I believe that most Europeans put the average American driver too shame in large measure because they are required to be more skillful and aware than in the US in order to get a license to drive.
  • tyyeh0tyyeh0 Member Posts: 43
    I agree. turn signals should be yellow for visibility. I don't think automakers are doing the right thing by designing them red for cosmetic purposes.

That said, my G35 uses all read also. But at least the turn signals and the break lights are at different places and of different bulb types (led vs conventional).

I forgot that the Tribeca uses all red rear lights.

I think the auto makers are actually designing in this feature for the US market. I remember when I purchased a G35, the Japanese version used yellow turn signals.
    You need to reach back and point the remote at the LED input.

also I dont think the remote works if the rear screen is closed!
  • nycb9nycb9 Member Posts: 30
    How about putting yellow bulbs in place of the clear ones for the turn signals?

Joe
  • b9ctb9ct Member Posts: 16
    Received a message from SOA yesterday about the satellite offerings in 2007 models. It seems that, depending on the vehicle, it will come with the Sirius or XM option. Also, much to my dismay and chagrin, there will be NO retro fit kit available for 2006 B9's. All I can say is that if enough people complain about the retro kit, I'll bet SOA will do something about it.
  • megreyhairmegreyhair Member Posts: 154
    Can someone send me the electrical diagram to the B9? Thanks in advance...
  • vger105vger105 Member Posts: 57
    The same thing happened when my wife got her 2005 Acura TSX. XM radio was a standard feature on the 2005s, and the TSX forum was bristling with angry comments from owners of 2004 TSXs.
    I sure wish our 2006 Tribeca had an integrated XM radio, but the tiny Delphi radio fits nicely and unobtrusively on the dash under the vent. It's a decent compromise.
    Is a company not allowed to make product updates without "bristling angry comments" from previous model year customers? That's a poor "entitlement" attitude that I'm surprised Acura customers would have. Should I be upset at Subaru for improving their product? That's ridiculous. Suck it up.

Sorry...Joe
    Should I be upset at Subaru for improving their product? That's ridiculous. Suck it up.

Also consider some new model year features are rather easy to add, an example being: rear sonar park assist or the mesh grill. Even though these will be available to us 06 owners, you will probably moan and groan about the price which in the case of the sonar will probably cost more than the factory option price and for good reason and likely 4 times the price of an after market solution that does the same thing.

My guess is that if you want the intergrated XM radio your Subie dealer will be more happy to do it for you and will probably quote you about $1200 to $1500. Will that make you happy?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Let's see if the prices go up, too. Or at least transaction prices.

-juice
    How much more is an 07 gonna cost with these improvements? If the sat radio is integrated into the stereo and they've got to pull your 06's out and give you a whole new system, maybe even a screen, then yeah, it's gonna cost a pretty penny. But I don't feel I should be angry at them for that. If they want to offer the upgrade to us at a good price, that's they're choice. If you want a good backup sensor look here:

http://www.rostra.com/rostra-obstacle.htm

It's about $200 retail and easy to install. I plan on installing one in my Tribeca.

Anyway, maybe I was a bit harsh but the "entitlement" mentality just annoys me.

Sorry again...Joe
    You weren't being harsh Joe.
    I understand the disappointment of those 2004 TSX owners now that a similar situation has happened to us with the pending introduction of the 2007 Tribeca. I wish our B9 had the rear sensors, memory seat, and XM integrated radio.
    Am I angry at Subaru? Of course not. Do I wish our car had those things? Sure.
    People are typically advised not to buy first model year cars for quality purposes. If it were not for the buyers of these cars, the 2007 would not have the updates that it has. The caveat to that is the next model year gets more features due to the diligence (by filling out all those surveys) of first year owners.

If you think about this model- 1st year buyers take all the risk and help the development of the next MY car, and 2nd and 3rd year buyers get all the advantages. It's understandable that people get upset- in all fairness there should be some incentive for people to buy risky 1st year cars, other than exclusivity. How about a discounted rate for the owners that want the mesh grill (I still like my original grill better) or wants memory seats added, or a kit for i pod connectivity in the center console, more importantly how about 2006MY B9's get standard bumper to bumper extended warranty to help make that jump into a all new car easier. These are just suggestions...

There is always a happy medium, it may take longer to find, but I am sure that if 2006 MY B9 owners were to put some effort into it, we can come up with solutions to our individual problems rather than be seen as "entitled" or having to "suck it up."
    in all fairness there should be some incentive for people to buy risky 1st year cars, other than exclusivity. How about a discounted rate for the owners that want the mesh grill (I still like my original grill better) or wants memory seats added, or a kit for i pod connectivity in the center console, more importantly how about 2006MY B9's get standard bumper to bumper extended warranty to help make that jump into a all new car easier. These are just suggestions...

Hmmm...these are good suggestions. The only thing I'd really want in my 06 Tribeca are the memory seats. I feel that was a glaring omission on Subaru's part for an upscale vehicle being marketed as "progressive". That and the lack of a master interior light switch!

Joe
    well they should offer things that are easily retrofitted at a discount (ie. very little margin) but cover their costs. such as the IPOD input is probably a wiring harness and a plate that is installed in the console.

the memory seats or Sat radio maybe a module replacement so that may costs more. plus install will be more.

I would guess the Mesh Grill is a direct retrofit unless the mounting is different, that would mean a whole different front facia piece which I doubt Subaru would do.
  • randywarandywa Member Posts: 5
    My puzzelment is with who is performing Subaru market research and how are they interpreting the stuff. It seems when it comes to stuff like this the Subaru people are always lagging behind the rest of the industry and what the customer really wants. I mean with over 14 million people buying iPods this past holiday season and more and more care companies offering this hook-up or satellite radio, Subaru is late to the game!
    I asked my dealer buddy about that, and he said the stereo has always just been a low priority for them, a lot of customers listen to AM or even Weather Band.

It's the performance models that have brought attention to the stereos, now that there is a demand they're adapting to this new customer. All 07 models should have aux inputs. But I still don't think stereos are a high priority for them.

v1.0: I have a first year Forester and it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. The H6 has been around since 2001, even in this state of tune since 2005 model year. VDC also.

-juice
    I wasn't going to respond to the first "entitlement" comment, when it was re-iterated I feel compelled. An entitlement implies that I should just "get" the upgrades. That is far from the point. My position was and is that Subaru should offer the option, but for a price. I don't think that is too much to ask that they consider previous year buyers. It was my mistake though that I bought the first year model. My bad.

Thanks to all who responded.
    All I am looking for is the option of purchasing it through SOA so my warranty isn't in jeopardy. The price for anyone would be a personal decision.
    If you put a yellow bulb behind a red plastic lens, it'll come out looking like a faint red- wouldn't help the cause at all. Now if someone was real adamant about this, I would forgo the use of reverse lights and install yellow bulbs in the reflector there and rewire so that turn signals come through the clear lens.

Regardless, I like the all red look- the aesthetics pleases my eye- I've never been rear ended in a car with all red lenses.

AKA1
    I've noticed that when I start the car, with the climate control on "Auto," the AC comes on regardless of the temperature or humidity. I then shut of the AC and the "Auto" feature then reverts to manual.
    Does this happen with anyone else's climate control?
    Yes, I've noticed the same - but in my experience it doesn't always happen. I think that even if it's cold outside, the sun will warm the cabin sufficiently to make the sensor think it's warm so it turns the AC on. In the evenings, when the sun is down, the cabin is cold enough and the AC doesn't turn on. I'm pretty sure this has been my experience. This is my first "Auto climate control" vehicle so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. It may just be a case of where Subaru decided to install the cabin temp sensor?

Regards...Joe
    I have not noticed that - but my B9 is always garaged so the cabin does not get warmed by the sun.

Having had many Auto A/C systems this one is the worst I have ever had. The thermostat calibrations are way way off. If freezes you out in summer and kills you with heat in winter. You can compensate by over adjusting the setting - but they are artificial. In summer once the cabin has cooled down I usually need to set temp at 76 to 78 to keep the cabin at 71 or 72 in winter the problem seems to reverse.

It probably is a combination of of poor placement of the cabin sensor and poor software calibration of the system.
    There's been discussions about this before and there are a lot of owners that are not satisfied with the ACC. All the cars that I now own have automatic climate control (ACC) and they all work very similarly. These subsystem are not made by Subaru, they are contracted out, and probably made by Denso, Delphi, or Johson Controls- so that being said they all work under the same principals.

Even though the AC light is on, does not necessarily mean the compressor is working. By manually turning off the AC switch you are not in fact taking the system out of full automatic, just the use of AC is now manual, you will still see the fan speed fluctuate as do the motorized flaps directing air flow in the cabin. I live in NC so I have much milder winters- so I leave the temp. setting for both driver and passenger at 75 and it works flawlessly for me. This past summer, some owners complained about poor cooling from their HVAC and I disagree. The summers in the Carolinas get very hot and the front and rear units does and admirable job of cooling the vehicle cabin quickly and quietly.

Hope that makes some sense...

AKA1
    they are contracted out, and probably made by Denso, Delphi, or Johson Controls- so that being said they all work under the same principals.

I hear ya, but that doesn't mean they are created equal or implemented the same.

SOA is the one who writes the software and decides on the placement of the sensors. It is analogous to a sound system. You and I may have the exact same components but if you do a better job of speaker placement and balancing the equalizer you system will sound better than mine. My B9 is the only car in the last 15 years that after the cabin has warmed up or cooled down as the case may be - that I still have to tweak the temp every so often. All the other cars once you had it dialed in it was rare that it ever had to be touched while driving.

Achieving that does not have to cost more - it just takes good planning, testing and design.
  • mikejlmikejl Member Posts: 78
    I also have had automatic climate control in numerous vehicles. The one in my Tribeca works very, very well. I have the temp set to 71 and it has kept the cabin comfortable through the heat of the summer and the cold of this winter. The only time I've adjusted it at all was when I put some very cold teenagers in the third row and they needed some additional heat in a hurry.

I drive a lot - my Tribeca has over 20,000 miles on it now - so I have plenty of experience on which to base these statements. For those of you who are not particularly happy with the operation of the automated system, is it possible that it is not operating as designed? Maybe a service call is in order?

As far as the unit starting out with the A/C 'on' indication, that has also been the case with other vehicles I've owned. It seems to be normal, at least until the engine reaches operating temperature. The A/C 'on' doesn't mean cold air is being directed to the cabin. It is more likely that dehumidified air is being supplied at whatever temperature is needed.
    "As far as the unit starting out with the A/C 'on' indication, that has also been the case with other vehicles I've owned. It seems to be normal, at least until the engine reaches operating temperature. The A/C 'on' doesn't mean cold air is being directed to the cabin. It is more likely that dehumidified air is being supplied at whatever temperature is needed."

The problem with the possibilty of the AC supplying dehumidified air is that the humidity here in the northeast has been very low of late. Yesterday, when the AC light came on, the humidity of the air was 26%.
  • b9driverb9driver Member Posts: 118
    I have to say that the climate control works perfectly. Here in NY we've had a wife range of weather. Leave it at 69-72 and it's amazing! I can't imagine it working any better. I don't really thing about 72 degrees on the unit matching to 72 degrees actual...just set to a comfortable setting and I'm done.

Robert B
    Tribeca
    NY
    I think generally it works better for the people that like to "set it and forget it". The ones that like more control generally do not like HAL at all.

-juice
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    "...This past summer, some owners complained about poor cooling from their HVAC and I disagree. The summers in the Carolinas get very hot and the front and rear units does and admirable job of cooling the vehicle cabin quickly and quietly..."

I took a test drive in 95F weather here in Tucson last summer. The AC took a loooong time to cool down, and then only kept the car cool when on recirculation. -and 95 isn't a hot day here! (Try 15+ degrees warmer than that).

So- that was the #1 reason why I don't own a 'beca. (much more important than the lack of seat memories :) ) I'm willing to try another test drive- but GM products have way way better AC systems. That's one thing that GM does really well.
  • spence66spence66 Member Posts: 39
    Robert
    I live in CT
    Have had car since 12/2005 with @ 4700 on it
    Have you noticed any rust on the undercarriage
    Had car in to dealer and they said that certain joints and rear components are not sprayed and that can happen as soon as car is at the dealer
    On every climate control-equipped car I've ever owned I wound up manually controlling the climate control systems.
    I generally like the mode to be vent.floor and the auto modes almost always were st to the floor mode. Changing the mode to vent/floor took the systems out of auto.
    "hat said, my G35 uses all read also. But at least the turn signals and the break lights are at different places and of different bulb types (led vs conventional).

I forgot that the Tribeca uses all red rear lights.

I think the auto makers are actually designing in this feature for the US market. I remember when I purchased a G35, the Japanese version used yellow turn signals."

ok on the tail light discussion someone mentioned that clear/white/silver "Altezza" euro style tail lights are out or something and thats fair enough but if all red is "in" I'm not a big fan though all any color is good and I'm glad there isn't any orange mixed in whether ppl complain that they dont notice the turn signal as much being red and not orange (my wife actually complained about this driving behind me but oh well) so yeah while i dont love the all red its better then the oldschool, red, orange and white (for reverse).

But, there is no excuse for not using led as , the Murano and Highlander and most other japanese mid size suvs competing with the tribeca. they kind of look cool but are actually more cost efficient as their biggest plus as they obviously last 10 times longer then conventional bulbs.

that is interesting and seems opposite of what i would think that japanese have orange turn signal and we get all red.

anyway all red is better then red orange white oldschool mix, but i'd still prefer the clear/sivler even if they are out and they should add led tail lights for 08 model though they are already years behind on that at that point.
    "Received a message from SOA yesterday about the satellite offerings in 2007 models. It seems that, depending on the vehicle, it will come with the Sirius or XM option. Also, much to my dismay and chagrin, there will be NO retro fit kit available for 2006 B9's. All I can say is that if enough people complain about the retro kit, I'll bet SOA will do something about it."

Is this confirmed? If so very interesting because i thought they were offering only XM. choice is good but that actually brings up more questions when you say it will depend on the vehicle which it comes with? So meaning possibly tribecas only come with XM? just seems strange also on their most luxury model meant to attract new type of customer they would only offer xm and only in the special addition model.
    "People are typically advised not to buy first model year cars for quality purposes. If it were not for the buyers of these cars, the 2007 would not have the updates that it has. The caveat to that is the next model year gets more features due to the diligence (by filling out all those surveys) of first year owners.

If you think about this model- 1st year buyers take all the risk and help the development of the next MY car, and 2nd and 3rd year buyers get all the advantages. It's understandable that people get upset- in all fairness there should be some incentive for people to buy risky 1st year cars, other than exclusivity. How about a discounted rate for the owners that want the mesh grill (I still like my original grill better) or wants memory seats added, or a kit for i pod connectivity in the center console, more importantly how about 2006MY B9's get standard bumper to bumper extended warranty to help make that jump into a all new car easier. These are just suggestions...

There is always a happy medium, it may take longer to find, but I am sure that if 2006 MY B9 owners were to put some effort into it, we can come up with solutions to our individual problems rather than be seen as "entitled" or having to "suck it up."

I agree that we all probably knew that generally it is not advised to get a first model year of a new vehicle. This was the first time I ever did and while I agree part of the thrill was the exlusivity and taking the gamble that it would be recommended by CR (It is and the latest annual car issue is out and though the B9 is recommended its low down on the list of recommended mid size suvs and overall score, more on this later).

I do also agree though that us 1st my buyers took all the risk and helped the development of the new features by filling out the surveys and then the 2nd and 3rd year buyers get all the advantage.

I also agree that its fair for ppl to be upset and that their should be some incentive. Problem is that should be when purchasing that first year model car because to try to get anything after the fact is going to be "jokes on you sucker". I found this out when buying my B9, the dealer took advantage of the fact that they knew I wanted certain options and color choices. Even though I ultimately not only located the vehicle at another not so closeby dealer but also had to negotiate/talk them into trading it to my local dealer when they initially refused when requested by my dealer. That dealer wanted me to come to them so they would get the sale. I got the vehicle and the sale for my local dealer and they instead just used it against me and called my bluff that i would walk out on the deal for the vehicle in options colors i wanted that i went to all that trouble to locate. In fact the only reason i even got $1,000 off msrp (still a few thousand above invoice) was due to some other mistake on the dealers part (i think ordering my initial pre order vehicle without puddle lights).

I ended up just agreeing figuring they were a nice local family business down the street from where me and my family have a business so we are neighbors and gave them the benefit of the doubt that they would give me future consideration and take care of me on service visits, additional accesory options etc. They ended up throwing in only 1 or 2 of the cheapest accessories (like wheel locks or something which were some used and not the subaru ones they sell in teh shop).

They made me feel like I was acting like an "entitled" or problem customer instead of treating me like a VIP customer who just bought their most expensive vehicle ever and loaded to the tee and in the risky 1st model year. They later gave me aggravation on "installation of the myfi xm player that came free with pre order basically telling me it was a portable and not meant for use in the car showing their ignorance of their companies pre order gift which in fact is made for the car and comes with instructions on car use. All this after promising installation originally like this was a great bonus i was getting. In actuality the "installation" was nothing more then setting up the antenna in a more permanent way and hiding the cord in the headliner as I didn't really want the car cradle or anything actually mounted on the dash. So your talking really a simple, 10 min thing. I still haven't got this done as I haven't had time to go to the business down the street from them they were going to have do it or get my replacement rear hatch struts which i'm sure they will try to get me to pay for when they should be a warranty replaced/ recalled item.

I had held off and having them send my b9 to the place just to install xm my fi car antenna and asked to just take the vehicle their myself and since i had helf off on it and the manager/part owner forgot about the original promise, each service i was there and asked about it the guy said, "ok but this is the last thing were doing for you" as if it was another new thing they were doing for me based on my complaints of overpaying etc. when in fact it was the same thing they had initially promised, costs nothing and yet they gave me aggravation on it at one point claiming it wasn't meant for the car.

So, long story long, I can only imagine when I go there to see what kind of trade in value they can give me for my 06 B9 and price for a new 07. I could show what i paid for the 06 and expect corresponding trade in value plus a better deal on the 07 but I'm sure they will not do both and will give me a hard time again acting like I am a problem or acting entitled.

I like some of your ideas on how to appease the 06 owners like offering the new features to be added in their 06 for a reasonable price but i dont see that happening and it wont feel worth the price when the 07 will probably not even go up in price with the new features. Also some features/options might not be able to retro fitted as we've discussed.

My dealer being uncompromising and difficult I think I have a better chance writing Subaru corporate or something about getting some consideration for buying an 06 from its release and filling out surveys to improve the next model year (they should have paid us for that. If they cant offer me some discount on an 07 and/or good trade in value price on my 06 then I can just buy another vehicle, preferably one of the other 13 recommended mid size suvs all with higher overall scores then the Tribeca.
  • jeffmcjeffmc Member Posts: 1,742
    XM for Legacy, Outback & Tribeca (which are built in the U.S.); Sirius for Impreza and Forester (which are built in Japan).