Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru B9 Tribeca (B9X)

Comments

• kmartinkmartin Member Posts: 427
    There is apparently a second condenser unit for the rear AC, according to this post.

I stand corrected...thanks for the clarification! At any rate, it is a great feature.

-Karen-
  • kmartinkmartin Member Posts: 427
    According to my service manager, there should be a dial or switch in the rear cargo area some place. Supposedly you can turn it loud or soft, and off if you are towing a trailer. Let us know if you can find it (as a musician, I despise loud noises, so this is something I'd like to know before I decide to have this installed).

-Karen-
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    I went and test drove the 'beca tonight, shortly after the Santa Fe. There's really no comparison. The SF is a fine vehicle, but the 'beca is so much more solid feeling, quieter, handles more securely, and just feels more luxurious. Granted, it is a bit more expensive, but you do get what you pay for in this case. I thought they'd be a lot closer in look and feel- but I was wrong.

Now I get to search through the options and colors. I'll be ready to buy in October/November, as I'll be travelling between now and then anyway. No sense in leaving a new car at the airport. Perhaps they'll be dealing a bit more on them in a couple months after the '06's are gone. Seat memories and a backup camera would be terrific additions.
  • tyyeh0tyyeh0 Member Posts: 43
    thx for the info.

what was the problem with the goodyear tires?

I would agree that the backup camera is a good safety feature, so if we get that on the rx it would be pretty expensive.

I would add:

crash test results - Tribeca

How does the tribeca's depreciation look with a lease?

thx
    According to the ALG, depreciation rating on the Tribeca is '5-star'

http://www.alg.com/deprratings.aspx

best there is.
  • css1css1 Member Posts: 247
    Your welcome

I felt a noticeable vibration through the steering, pedals, and floor. Other vehicles had it too but the intensity varied. Mine was the most noticeable of the cars I drove but many other people including my wife could not feel it. Raising the volume on the radio would not help - I knew it was there!

The service dept and regional rep felt it as well but could not Identify the cause. They put my wheels on another car and the problem moved.

The car's driving dynamics were not affected and they determined that it was an inherent condition - not a flaw.

The dealer swapped wheels and tires with a salesman's car and it was gone. They were not obligated to do this - Subaru really backs their product!!

In Nov. 05 I rented A dodge Magnum which had this thumping but in a serious way. I picked up my tribeca in Dec. 05 but it wasn't until June 06 and the rental of a Dodge Charger with the same problem that I realized it was the tires - Goodyear on all 3 cars.

None of the cars had handling problems - they were all fine. I presume the intensity and transfer of the vibration to the driver depended on tire inflation suspension tuning.

Let me be clear - this was a goodyear problem, and Subaru is the best car brand I have owned.

While Lexus is also a great car, my concerns are with their dealers and follow up service . Like it or not, at some point I will have deal with the Service Dept.!!

Goodyear though is off my list!

There are more qualified people on this thread to respond to your leasing questions. Sorry.

Charlie
  • robotb9robotb9 Member Posts: 82
    Ok. so what the poster above you is saying is that it looks like the Euro tribeca tail light has the traditional red brake light with white reverse and yellow turn signal. Personally I like the U.S. all red better in that case.

The B9 Tribeca European Site shows the tail lights are just like the North American ones, but with amber turn signals.

I note that my favorite Satin White Pearl (x5killer and I agree on at least one thing :) ) isn't available on the European model. The colors shown are Titanium Silver Metallic, Harvest Gold Metallic, Obsidian Black Pearl, Newport Blue Pearl, and Diamond Grey Metallic. I hope Satin White Pearl doesn't disappear from the North American color choices for 2007.
  • pschreckpschreck Member Posts: 524
    Harvest Gold sounds like a refrigerator from the 70s. :D
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Some burnt orange shag carpeting should set it off nicely. :shades:

The color palette for Winter 2007/2008 includes "an odd jumble of neutrals mixed with blurred elements of gold, brown, purple and violet." So that Harvest Gold B9 should be styling until the Spring of '09. (link). No prediction noted for Avocado Green.
  • buckzorbuckzor Member Posts: 4
    We absolutely LOVE our 2007 becca. We have the 7pass limited with every option imaginable. We purchased the "enhanced" security system and Remote Start features, in hopes of getting auto locking/unlocking door locks. Well, they don't auto lock or unlock.

Does anyone know if Service can manipulate them with the new Body Control Unit and their Select monitor? I've talked to some Subie tuning shops, including Cobb and they are hesitant to even suggest an after-market alarm system as the locks don't have a separate lead. It all goes into the BCU.

This feature is EXTREMELY important to me, can anyone please advise? Also, please don't flame me with the "if you drive into a lake you won't be able to get the doors open" logic or otherwise debate the lack of the feature.

Thank you!
  • yoyodkyoyodk Member Posts: 28
    I also noticed on the European B9 site that the turn signal indicators built into the side mirror housings are more tightly integrated. They don't look like the large turn signals that look bolted onto the bottom of the side mirrors for us North Americans.
  • x5killerx5killer Member Posts: 368
    at dealership (posting from smartphone) getting 15k mi. maintanence, inspection and SE grill(sans subaru badge) put on. Looking at the 2007 accessories catalog and see that the chrome wheel cap is a separate part # so can prob get just those. Wanted to get chrome center caps back when i had the factory wheels on for the first 6 mo. or so till i upgraded to 20'' wheels & tires, one more thing that is too late for me.

what is the lug wrench part #T971SXA100 as part of the chrome wheels.

old subject but still unsure. can the subwoofer/amplifier be mounted under the passenger side for tribeca with nav alrady under the driver side and subwoofer in back that came wth premium sound system? this was discussed but dont recall a definitive answer.
    Will it improve/inrease the volume which is especially sometimes not enough when using audio devices connected to the rear aux audio input? Is the new front aux audio input any louder as its made for mp3 playe etc while the rear was more for the rear entertainment sytem screen (vcr, video game system)?

they now offer an spt oil cap and battery hold down for the B9 but wh sees those.

as far as the XM im resolved with getting the new pioneer inno and car kit for it as my complimentary free year ran out (the one benefit of being an early adapter with the preorder of an 06 B9) i got a subsription for now for half price even though i was reluctant on getting sucked in by the free year and despite the fact that i can use internet radio for free through pda/smartphone (except what you already pay for unlimited data plan) connected to aux audio input decided to keep getting xm for now and pay.

i figure if im paying now it wil be better to have devie i can use in car, in house, on the go, and record where as the integrated car unit is limited to the car only and no live or scheduled record function. the delphi myfi xm2go that also came free with the free subscrip doesnt display the correct song playing for recorded content (prob cus i never clar it out & just keep recording over but still) so its an extra excuse to get the newer better smaller color pioneer inno. hopefullyinstalltion of the car kit works out & ill try to post a pic. was thinking of having the holster mounted in front of the top flat vent but might block view of the nav/info screen so will have to o above the screen which will be as much or more of a stretch then the screen but there is a remote i think.

It looks like the new cargo cover only comes in black so having the old inferior one in matching desert beige is the one conslaton. Its just frustrating that now they offer stuff like the puddle lights but no 07 cargo cover or integrated xm for the 06.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I like the styling/packaging of the SF, but so far I've only seen it at car shows. It's not as upscale, though, but rather an entry-level mid-size SUV.

I sort of view the RAV4 the same way, even with a V6 and a 3rd row, it's still not upscale. That's fine for a lot of folks, they're happy with a basic interior - it's selling quite well.

A concern - the Tucson I test drove was nice enough, but CR ratings were poor for the first year models. The last generation Sante Fe was so-so at first, better later on. Seems like they sort the issues out over time, while Subaru does a little better right off the bat.

Another concern with any Hyundai - residuals. If you get a loan you're upside down immediately. Just get a bargain in the first place and put a lot down if you want one.

-juice
    I posted this question before I went and drove them both, back-to-back. It was a wasted post as the answer was quite clear. The Tribeca is a bit more expensive than the Santa Fe... and worth every penny. The SF was a nice vehicle- and an excellent value for a mid-$20's mid-size SUV. But the whole feel of the Subie was much higher end. There really is no comparison, the vehicles are in two different classes.

FWIW- I liked the SF much better than the Rav4. The Rav4 being peppier, but the interior of the Rav is really quite low in comparison.

I've pretty much decided on buying a 'beca. But that will be in the Oct/Nov time frame.
    Sounds good. I think I'd opt for a very lightly used '05 'beca vs. risking a v1.0 Sante Fe, to be honest. The price is the main draw.

-juice
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Member Posts: 648
    the other thing to look at is the type and quality of the 4 wheel drive drivetrain. The subaru is definitely tops in the performance of its 4wd. The SF I am "guessing" is not the same type and is probably based off a front wheel drive engine.

the RAV 4 used to have 2 types of 2 wd depending on configuration. not sure if that is still true. one was the better type they use in their higher end AWD vehicles.
  • samiam_68samiam_68 Member Posts: 775
    "lightly used '05 'beca "

Hmmm - don't think they had '05 Becas... unless you're gonna steal the prototype ;)
    pics PLEASE of the SE grill w/o logo! love to see how it turned out. what do you think?
  • beanandmebeanandme Member Posts: 26
    Just wondering how much you paid for yours. My dealer offered the 07 7 pass w/ dvd & nav (no special edition package) for 35,079. Trying to get a feel if tha'ts a good price, or if I should push for lower. Thanks! :confuse:
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You may be interested in Subaru B9 Tribeca: Prices Paid & Buying Experience.

tidester, host
    Yes, I'd be willing to resort to stealing one of the prototypes. The question is where are they? ;)

The outgoing Sante Fe did have a part-time AWD system, with no center differential, so it could not be engaged full-time like all the Subaru systems. In fact the traction control and AWD could not work together, when the AWD was engaged the traction control is actually disabled. Unsophisticated, for sure.

Not sure if the new model is better, though.

Grille - I like the black inserts in the new base '07 model grille, but honestly I'd like to see one that was all black.

-juice
    x5killer ... can you post any pictures of the new grill installed? also how much did the dealer charge for the installation of the grill?
    I will take a pic of the grill and post asap. (what is a good free pic hosting site again?) I could have taken off the subie badge myself as its just a few screws but required taking off another molding piece of the grill so figured I'd just let them do it while I was there for other stuff instead of risking me breaking or messing it up and I don't think they charged me extra for them taking off the badge.

I didn't like the attitude my orig dealer got about the grill as if it was some aftermarket thing and they had no clue about it even after the mailer was circulated clearly advertising it and were saying they would have to charge me a lot for it or some bs. I had another dealer change a headlight bulb for me and didn't charge while the afore mentioned did so I decided it was time to switch to this nicer dealership service shop starting with the grill, 15k maint and inspection. So looks they were smart and it was worth their while to change my headlight bulb free in the hopes of gaining my business though not solely for that reason as they didn't know if I was or wasn't already a customer or if that alone would for sure have me coming to them instead for service but still very smart and nice of them. (might have got better deal on orig purchase of vehicle there too). they even said a lot of ppl come to them from my previous dealer and one other.

I will check for sure but I think it was around $186 for the grill install and hopefully that is as much or less then most dealers will charge which doesn't seem to be a set dealer price for yet though may depend on how long it takes and could therefore be less once they do a few and are more familiar. I could have had a friend at a shop (not subaru but doeas all makes) do it but was already at subie dealer and even if mine was the first se grill install (likely) the bumper does have to come off so they know that best and I like familiarizing my dealer with their vehicle & accessories etc. more for when they service others (was first at other dealer to get accessories like splash guards done and I still think one is a little off).
    the se grill came with instructions (at least from where I got it or you can find them on web at link in someones previous post) so imagine one could do it themselves with not much problem but remember the whole bumper doeas have to come off.

as far as the look without badge, well my wife thought it looks better with it (placed it on the spot to show her) as there is a small break/hole in the mesh and a metal plate that the badge screws into behind it which is a little unslightly (looks like the eqivalent of when a picture is taken off a wall or something and there is an outline left there from it) and I guess couldn't come off (one guy at dealership suggested painting the metal plate black). I can't totally disagree with wife but couldn't resist the chance to get rid of an unneccesary badge because once the grill is on you can't remove it plus you can put the badge in place and it stays but will fall off when you drive (hit bump or sudden stop) cus no screws holding it on anymore. it looks more custom and modded this way, less factory.

in fact between that and seeing another white beca with subie letters off but nothing else done I may be inspired to remove the B9 Tribeca lettering as well finally. I liked telling ppl B9 was the make but the cat is prob out the bag by now (even for the initially dumbfounded "whoa wht kind of car is that?" ppl) and I'd rather look into some alfa romeo lettering/badging to decorate the blank rear and that space on the grill if possible. then I need to finally come up with a better way of covering up the subie lettering on the front nose guard/bug deflector instead of black electrical tape. any recommendation on what type of black paint or marker etc would work on that clear black plastic accesory? then it says in small lettering subaru on the moonroof wind deflector which can only be seen on the inside but could be covered with same thing. with no subie badge on my after market tires all that would be left is the rear badge which I'd leave especially since I don't think there is a known easy way to remove and I actually like the letterless navy blue carbon fibre with silver stars badge (better then nissans or other makes which just say the name of the make in some treademark lettering). its funny how many ppl don't know the subie badge without the accompanied lettering (even with the model name left on, heh). then I think the only other spot is the badge on steering wheel which is fine.

also a pic of my black 20" wheels & tires may be in order as I don't think I ever posted any of those. I know someone in here got the other style (Yuma wheel and in chrome I think)by the same wheel make and I would like to see how those look as I may get those next in 22" (in black again) because they are more full and provide more coverage and are really the only other wheel in black & 22" that the site I would want to get from (had good experience last time) recommends and has as well as some good pirelli tires in that size (werent available in the 20) prefitted and shipped.

the ones I got are great but unless I paint the brake caliper (which is now showing some rust as well as a few other places in there)are just a little too open spoked. don't have upgraded brakes or anything so nothing to show off in there.

I keep my beca in a garage and it didn't show any rust for long time but I guess eventually some rain or water from washing sits in there and causes it. mine isn't nearly as bad as some that I have seen on the dealrs lots so I'm glad I got my B9 right away with minimal sitting out which otherwise almost defeats the purpose of keeping in garage if it already sat outside at dealership for a year.
  • tls8thtls8th Member Posts: 27
    I have appr. 10,000 miles on my 06 Tribeca, has the NAV/DVD, in the dealer now because while driving along the power to NAV/DVD goes out temp. indicator and fan speed goes blank, all door ajar indicators light up and dome lights come on. Everything else running normal. Originally lasted only few seconds, since then happens more often and the last 4 times it lasted at least 40 minutes, then comes back on, have to accept legal disclaimer. They can't find cause, SOA has never heard of this, any help appreciated.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    what is a good free pic hosting site again?

This is the best one: http://www.carspace.com/

I.e., your very own CarSpace right here on edmunds.com! Use your regular password to set it up and create your very own photo album. :)

tidester, host
  • b9bingob9bingo Member Posts: 46
    Sounds like the same problem I had. If you move your steering wheel up and down you notice the power will come in and out, that is untill I wiggled the harness conection completly apart and it wouldn't come back on at all. Subaru fixed the problem within a couple of hours. The problem was that, from the factory asembly line a wire harness conection that goes around the steering wheel colum wasn't completly snaped in all the way and over time adjusting the steering wheel eventually loosens it. I'm sure your having the same minor problem that I had. Good Luck!
    Granted, handling is more than just Edmund's slalom course, but the 'beca came up with a 54.5mph slalom course run in the review. The review said it wasn't the best, but I didn't think much of it. Now I'm comparing, and realizing that this number is WORSE than a 2002 Envoy or Explorer, let alone it's current crop of crossover SUV competition. Edmunds really panned the Envoy for it's incredibly poor slalom course handling- and yet it's better than the 'beca.

I was figuring that the tribeca was an excellent handling suv. Am I wrong? What's wrong with this picture?
    I think I just answered my own question by doing a little search.

According to Motor Trend:
    "The Tribeca doesn't mind being tossed around, as reflected in its 61.2-mph slalom speed, which is faster than that of the X5 3.0i, Pilot, Murano, and even the V-8 Touareg."

That's good company to be faster than in the slalom.
    So- I guess Edmunds' driver had a bad day.
  • spence66spence66 Member Posts: 39
    Robert
    Any body figure a way to have the front screen show the DVD
    without being in park?
    I understand the liability
    You can hear the sound from DVD when car is in drive
    If you search the archives of this discussion group, you'll probably find what you're looking for. You already seem to have figured out the liability question. :)
    been seeing more tribecas on the road lately so decided it was time to remove the Tribeca lettering since the subaru lettering has been gone since day 1 over a year ago).

I put the letters beca on my dash above the glove compartment in front of passenger seat which is the perfect large blank/empty space for it because that is where my wife sits and what she likes to call her.

I wanted to make use of the rest of the letters as they are nicer then the subaru lettering which was all one piece. so on the back I put the T and the I on the blank left side and the put the R after the B9 so it reads T I
    B9R from left to right which I like to say stands fo T.urbo I.njected B9 (type) R or something to that effect,heh, whatever its fun and looks good and I made use of the letters.

getting the letters off was tougher then the subaru lettering for some reason. maybe cus more glue for he separate lettering or that it has settled longer and more permanent or that I used different stronger floss I dunno. but I ended up using a metal spatula (something from my tool box forgot what they are really called) and it wasn't the best choice and I wasn't as careful maybe as I could have been and rushed a little so ended up with like two minor pin head sized scratches in the paint.

where can one get some satin white pearl touch up paint? might be good to have for door dings too.

took pics of the beca dash, the TI B9R rear and the badgeless SE mesh grill (finally).

will tey the link in post above for posting the pics but hope I can do it all from my pda phone.

if not I'll post tomorrow from pc after I get the pioneer inno car kit installed with pics of that too maybe.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The alternative to dental floss is lightweight (i.e. thin) monofilament fishing line.

We'll forgive you this once for taking a spatula (putty knife?) to your Tribeca. :blush:
    yeah putty or spaclke knife I guess. that was bad but minimal scratch. should have found other floss. fishing line would ork best I bet because its strong. the floss I was using kept breaking.

anyway some pics are up. I guess you just click my profile or something and view the album/pics.
    The grill pics are interesting. The backing plate from the removed Subaru logo really stands out in the closeup picture, though it's probably less so when viewed in person. If you can sneak a small brush in there, painting the backing plate black could be a good idea.

Since my Tribeca is also in Satin White Pearl with the hood protector, this is a great opportunity to see exactly how the mesh grill would look on mine. Thanks for posting the pics.

Also, thanks for mentioning that the front bumper needs to be removed to install the grill. That's more than I'm willing/able to do in my garage. Sounds like your dealer charged a fair price for the install.
    Has anyone put an aftermarket alarm system in the Becca yet and successfully tied it into the power locks?
  • jeffmcjeffmc Member Posts: 1,742
    Thanks for the neat pics. Those are sharp wheels. You've really made the Tribeca your own. Hopefully no one ends up with "BECA" imprinted backwards in their forehead if the airbags ever deploy. :)
    AutoWeek sez:

B9 Tribeca: The B9 Tribeca's exterior styling is polarizing. A reskin is planned for the 2008 model year, a U.S. Subaru executive says. A redesign is expected in 2011.
  • pschreckpschreck Member Posts: 524
    LOL! I was thinking the same thing. I just got done moving my Sirius Streamer from the left corner of the dash to a gooseneck next to the console because I was wary of the curtain airbags deploying and driving it into my or my wife's face. That would be ugly.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Come talk about your mileage in Subaru B9 Tribeca - Real World MPG Numbers!
  • allenlu822allenlu822 Member Posts: 2
    I have I put in a COMPUStar alarm thats pages.
  • allenlu822allenlu822 Member Posts: 2
    You have to tap into the AUX button and swith it t\o the AUX when you want to play DVD in the front monitor
    yeah the backing plate looks extra noticeable in the pic because it was at night taken with a pda phone camera with flash. the flash reflects right off that backing plate. also it was in my garage face forward so I didn't have room with a wall at my back to take a straight on full view hence the side shots.

under normal conditions it isn't that noticeable at all and I mind it less then the subaru badge that was there. young guy at dealership recommended painting it black which might work well so I will eventually get to that.

as far as the beca letters on dash that is something to think about the airbag but are you sure it would do that? I think they would stay on the dash which opens up otherwise according to what you are saying then the whole dash would deploy at you.

anyway they didn't stay on as there was not enough adhesive left after taking them off. the R after my B9 fell off also so I just have a
    TI [lic. plat] B9
    right now.

anyone know what adhesive from say pep boys would work well for the lettering?

in daylight I saw the couple little scratches I made getting lettering off. (should have been more patient less rushed and got stronger floss or pulled off more careful not used wood chisel) need to get that white touch up paint anyway.

still need some black paint or something to paint over the subaru lettering on hood deflector and want to paint my brake calipers black but have to take wheels off and epoxy paint for that has to cure for 24hrs.

installed the pioneer inno portable xm radio myself. there is no real ideal flat vertical space for the swivel mount. there is no regular vent that is good for the vent mount except maybe the left most driver one but I don't want to block any of my air and I wanted it in the middle so passenger/wife can see/use it.
    so I used the vent mount and put it on that flat vent in front of nav which though isn't perfect works well. it covers the flashing hazard lights button but lifts write up to press it. no ac air comes out of those vents so I gues there just for defrost or something. what are they for?

the vent mount holds it in place and it faces mostly forward with a slight tilt upwards. though you have to reach around it a little and if your short the lower corner of sceen may be slight blocked until you move your head to see behind the inno you can still see and reach/press the nav screen fine.

so while not perfect it is as good as you can prob do on your own and I like the setup and find it comfortable after using. your eyes are up there anyway for the road and nav and I have a remote for the xm player (could use one for nav... wait a min can the dvd remote do any nav functions?). I connect it to rear aux audio jack and hid that and the antenna cord well. I keep the antenna inside the little driver side window and its unnoticeable from inside cus of the curve down in there and can't see from outside cus I have those little side windows tinted too (suppoedly they were tough to do). I haven't had any problem with reception and usually have 3 bars which is what I get inside with home dock & antenna.

my buddy with an auto shop suggested a custom mount in the drop down sunglass holder area but that's too high. I wanted above or below nav and it looks cool with 2 color screens (one big and one smaller).

so a few more minor finishing touches and I'm pretty much done for now.... until the cobb supercharge kit comes out!

more importantly what aout this reskin fo 2008 model?

that is crazy. two years and reskinned. so same body but with diff skin and lines could significantly different. doesn't show much confidence in the current skin but I know the way I have mine hooked up it looks great to me and I get tons of compliments and stares followed by thumbs up or other positive notion. often see a guy stare at the side and wheels then pull up next to me and ahead and look back at the front end and badgeless mesh grill and shake their head up and down in the yes motion like basically hmm pretty cool and that they seem surprised.

i'll see if I like the new skin for 2008 which I'm assuming will be out next summer like the first two years and if they add any worthwhile new features (engine upgrade please, and/or hurry up cobb) will consider it but I am almost more excited at the prospect of that making the 06 and 07 even more rare and special.

I love seeing 100s of the othe competing mid size suv and I'm the only B9 on the road and when I do see one they are checking outhow mine is slightly customized/personalized.

full redesign sounds like it is scheduled for the usual timeframe and isn't for some time.

it has been a fun car to research,buy,own,drive,customize, & discuss.

no regrets and looking forward to what the future holds for the tribeca.
    I love seeing 100s of the othe competing mid size suv and I'm the only B9 on the road...

That's fun for you and me, but not so much fun for Subaru. I think with somewhat more conventional styling of the front end, they might have sold a bunch more. Oh well, they didn't sell a lot of Imprezas right away, but look at 'em now. I think the 2006-2007 Tribecas will always be easy to find in the parking lot. ;)
  • 3dogs33dogs3 Member Posts: 4
    We looked at the Santa Fe as well. Actually anything that would even look like it would fit my Husband who is 6'6" & all legs. He has had no problem with head room just leg room. I call him "Sardine" because he just is packed in so tightly in our Saturn & believe it or not the majority of compact & mid-size SUV;s. My Husband couldn't fit into either the Santa-Fe or the smaller one. His knees where driving again.
    The top 4 vehicles that my husband could live with were
    1. Subaru B9- which we just purchased yesterday
    2. Saturn Vue- He actually fit & had a nicer interior than some others.
    3. Ford Freestyle- He started not fitting in as well & interior quality was going down hill.
    4. Honda Element BUT only the 04 or 05 for some reason the 06 was smaller & the console just hit him in his shin wrong. With only 4 seating & the strength to lift the seats & hook them to the sides wasn't good for us.

Yes, we tried to squeeze into the CR-V but no go.

Way to go Subaru on your driver seat actually going back a good 2 inches over competitiors- it does make a differece.

Kate
    FYI - its easier if you use a heat gun set on LOW. then heat the lettering then use Floss ... your lucky X5Killer that you didnt do any serious damage with that putty blade... (ouch) just thinking about it makes me cringe.

Not sure I like the idea of the Beca lettering just doesn't look OEM to me, but to each their own. I have only had my B9 logo on my car since the first month. took off the Tribeca and Subaru lettering...

would still like better pics of the grill with a better camera if you could when you get a chance. really undecided about 1. the grill and 2. if I would remove the subaru logo.

plus cant really make out the wheels, did you go with 20" wheels?
    Good to hear.

And it was your destiny, BTW, there are a lot of female names-with-a-K among our Subaru Crew.

Congrats.

-juice
  • yibinshenyibinshen Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone who lives in hilly/montainous areas could elaborate on their driving experiences up hill. Some have indicated that the tribeca does not do well, so I wanted hear others experiences before deciding on whether to purchase or not.

Many Thanks
    We live on a hill and the becca has no issue. The engine in this vehicle is very capable, I love driving it, peppy little bugger. It's my wife's daily driver.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    from Nabisco is that the '08 'Beca will have a 3.6L engine.

Bob
  • jeffmcjeffmc Member Posts: 1,742
    And the fun part about that is speculating what else a 3.6L H6 could power... they wouldn't develop a bigger engine for use in B9 Tribeca alone.