Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Your ULTIMATE ride........

moparmadmoparmad Member Posts: 197
I thought it would be interesting to hear about
everyone's ultimate fantasy trucks.In other
words,what would you build in a truck if you were
given the reigns to your favorite auto giant?
In order to keep things interesting try to use
existing engines and drivetrains.Use your
imaginations and let's see what we get.And if you
would like to mix and match parts from all makes
feel free,it's your fantasy.
Tagged:

Comments

• quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    My ultimate fantasy truck would be a base model Silverado with power windows for $15,000.

Hey...I have a right to dream....
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    70 LS6 Chevelle Convertable.

Only need about $100K to get one!

18 made I think?

- Tim
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    I got mine already

Ryan
  • trucksrmetrucksrme Member Posts: 381
    Wishin I had me one of them new CrewCab ones on the farm for sure. Take one with that Diesel and Allison for sure. Them ones can really do that haul now. Good luck on this one now!
  • moparmadmoparmad Member Posts: 197
    Wow some nice dreams to be sure!
    My personal fantasy(since I already have my work truck)is pretty simple.I want Dodge to build me an all wheel drive Regular cab shortbed Dakota,with T tops and the V10 and six speed out of the Viper.I want it painted Sublime with a flat black AAR Cuda style hood scoop and a bumble bee stripe on the quarters.And I want it all for five bucks...and I want the insurance company to insure it as a fourbanger.Is this asking too much?
  • markbuckmarkbuck Member Posts: 1,021
    Give me the new Corvette Motor (LS6) and the 6-speed manual from the Camaro but without CAGS. Put it in a stripper Silverado but figure out how to get about 10" of wheel travel and stuff some wide, tall new Goodyear MTS radials under it. Plus lots of Bash plates underneath since I can't drive anything with 4 wheels without mowing stuff
  • powerisfunpowerisfun Member Posts: 358
    I could go for that truck too. I'd prefer the ex-cab for a little more practicality, but like you said, if you already have a work truck...
    The price is right too. :)

I also agree with your comments about torque and horsepower in the HEMI topic.
  • tpmillertpmiller Member Posts: 45
    put a litle 5 foot bed on the back of the space shuttle. course we'd have to cap it.
  • keith24keith24 Member Posts: 93
    I once saw a Jeep Wrangler with a Viper V-10 shoehorned into it! That'd be cool! It was one of Four Wheeler magazines Top Truck Challenge trucks for last year. (i think it was last year)

It'd be a 3/4 ton of some sort for me. Extended cab, 4X4, short bed. Preferrably Chevrolet. 454 c.i.d., heavy duty automatic. Atlas II transfer case. Velvet ride shackles.

More than likely, solid front axle. ARB air lockers front & rear. (i think) 36" Goodyear Wrangler MTs.

Hand fabricated front bumper/grille guard/winch mount. Warn 12,000# in front. (possibly 8000# out back) Hand fabricated rear bumper/receiver hitch assembly.

I'd better get back to work! I could go on & on!!

keith24
  • moparmadmoparmad Member Posts: 197
    Anyone see the Trucks show on TV with the Chevy concept truck that is supposed to be the ultimate work truck?That thing was awesome.It had everything from built in fax machines and cell phones to a pull out loading ramp that only took 4 inches of bed space.There was so much cool stuff on this thing I was drooling so bad my wife thought I was watching Baywatch.I wish I could remember all the stuff on this badboy.Some things were...Built in brief case...built in battery chargers for cordless tool...built in power converters for 110v and 220v...built in blueprint storage...lap top...cell phone...Ladder rack good for 1000 pounds(I think)...
    I'm drooling again...
  • bsparxbsparx Member Posts: 84
    Dodge Dakota Quad 4x4 with the Ford diesel from the super dutys. Add Genset/welder, compressor, lumber racks, and I like the idea of the electric tool chargers. Make mine the DeWalt 18 V system...Don't forget GPS
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Why dont you go with the dewalt 24V system? MORE POWER !!!!! haha

Ryan
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    After 30 or more days of inactivity....

this topic is being "frozen." It will be archived or deleted in the next 10 days or so.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.