Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Cobalt Prices Paid and Buying Experience

124»

Comments

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who financed through GMAC and got approved or tried to finance through GMAC and didn’t get approved. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to ctalati@edmunds.com by Thursday, July 30, 2009.
  • 2doorpost2doorpost Member Posts: 74
    Sticker 17,500, after discounts and loyalty OTD 12200.

Automatic coupe with a few bells and whistles. Dealer was left with a row of unsold 09s after the first of the year , and obviously wanted a sale on a snowy day.
    OK, its six months later and found a 2010 sitting on a lot.

9850 OTD for an LS XFE Coupe- jumped on it.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    What was the price of the car before tax, title, license, doc fee, dealer prep, etc.?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter wants to interview people who are focused on achieving 30mpg or better in their next car puchase. Please reply to pr@edmunds.com by Fri, Oct 15, 2010 with your daytime contact info and a few thoughts on the subject.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• frugalcarguyfrugalcarguy Member Posts: 1
    Above and beyond my GM credit card points of $3500, I have refused to pay more than $7500 out of pocket for a new car, especially since the bail out. They are clearing the lots of 2010's at this point. Wanted as cheap a vehicle as I could possibly get basically just to get to and from work (20 miles each way). Rochester, NY area dealership, base cobalt coupe XFE, price $15710, minus rebate and customer appreciation of $5810, minus GM credit card points $3455, minus trade in $500 (98 prizm with 160,000 miles) ( yeah, I feel like I got screwed on that part because I loved that car) = $5945. Then add tax, and fees of $1250, and final price out of pocket $7200. I tried the same deal back in April, but could not get total out of pocket below $8400 ( I had same amount of GM credit card points at that time also). So I am happy that I paid less than $7500 out of pocket including tax and fees. I am ticked that 2 months ago I had $3800 GM credit card points (lost some through expiration). Happy with the price but drive away in this car thinking that my grandkids will still be paying back for the bail out.
    That 2010 never happended. Short Story - History.
    So I went out in search of another leftover 2009 coupe. Auto Air spoiler, MSRP 17895.00
    Car was 12600 out the door. black, grey interior. LS. Thats the one I ended up buying Sept 7th. That makes two cars in 6 months. So now I have Silver Moss and Black,

I also priced 201 XFE base coupes . 11300 out the door was the bottom line on that piece. I opted for the 2009 auto air car.
    Could I have done better? Really don't know - but I have the car.
    Clincher- The last car in the house gets replaced before the end of the year. Now I am shopping for that Base XFE. Want a used low mile unit, no hit coupe.
    If I find one for 9k out the door, I'll pull the trigger. Any of the 4 colors. Doesn't matter.
    Patience paid off on the third car-

2009 pontiac G5 ...stick XFE...8000 miles. Like brand new...in fact I test drove it when it was new....and passed on it because the original selling dealer wanted 12,300 plus 1000.00 tax back in Oct of 2009.

Found it at a GMC truck lot as a trade in- and they wanted it gone.... ended up buying it for 9800.00. I traded in the last of my J bodys, an old Sunfire, which gave me another 3000 off. Add tax...and I was at 7250.00 OTD. Car originally stickered for 17,300.

When the G5s closed out, they had 6500.00 rebates on the hood, and many were discounted...so it basically was a $10,000.00 car a year ago. I only could have done better if I owned a time machine.
    Gas popped 4 bucks a gallon and I happened upon a 2010 XFE BASE coupe for 9000. 14k miles and clean as a pin (in white this time).

With the other 2 Cobalts and the G5 having assigned drivers, it was my turn to drive a Cobalt.

So that's 4 of these cars . All coupes.
    Two 09 LS automatics, an 09 G5 XFE , and a '10 Cobalt XFE.