Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Tahoe Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    dubbsy01 said: Did I miss out on a deal or make the right choice.
    ____________________________________________________________ So you are saying that you would have to pay $44,800 for a used '07 and another $1784 to pay off your Dodge after the dealer trade-in price? Do you really think a used '07 Tahoe is worth $46,584? Keep the Dodge...it has just 9500 miles and is hardly broken in....only 5700 more miles on it that the used '07. If you want or need a new vehicle in three or four years then make the move. You were right to walk on the deal even if they would have completely paid off your Dodge.
  • dubbsy01dubbsy01 Member Posts: 19
    Thanks rockman59,
    I felt I was right, but just needed some confirmation. The original sticker on the Tahoe was 52,980..... I think they were trying to throw that number at me to make me think I was getting a deal or something. I would stay in my Dodge but I have a third child on the way and the truck just won't work 4 us..... I refuse to get into a mini-van...
    Thanks again!
    Car_Man,

What would be a reasonable offer for the vehicle mentioned in this message above? I Really like it but don't want to get burned on the deal?
    Dubbsy01 :confuse:
  • desquedesque Member Posts: 1
    I am considering a 3/yr 15k/yr lease on a 2007 Chevy Tahoe Z71 with a MSRP of around $41,500 and a selling price of $36,580. The salesman has informed me that the monthly payment would be around $630 per month. However, based on a 60% residual and a 6.9% rate, it doesn't compute. My credit score is 630, so am I to assume that my score is too low to qualify for GMAC's base rate, or is the dealer trying to make some extra profit on the financing?

Also, I am about $2k upside down on my trade (which is also financed with GMAC) so I asked the dealer to add this to the sale price of the new Tahoe, and increase the sale price to $38,580, but he says he can't do that. I am confused. Can you tell me the formula for figuring a lease rate? I am currently leasing my wife's BMW 325, which sold for around $36k on a similar lease, and the payment is only $525.00.
  • gf2020gf2020 Member Posts: 49
    Pretty quiet in here!

Has anyone purchased a 2007 Tahoe or Yukon recently? Is invoice minus the $2000 rebate pretty much the going rate?

Thanks!
    I am locted in Boston, Ma an was recently qouted via internet a price of $45,899 for an 07 Tahoe LTZ that msrp'd at $52,580. I'm not sure if it is a good sale price or if I could do better?
  • jlharris01jlharris01 Member Posts: 1
    Here in Texas, the high-end Tahoe (like you're showing) gets 10K off the MSRP, at least during the holidays. Can't speak for Boston area, though.
    Thanks jlharris01,
    That helps, because they should be comparable in price! I should be looking at something like 42,500 then. I have been checking all of the 07 tahoe forums and have been seeing alot of new ones popping up regarding problems people are having.... don't want to buy a 40k+ headache... I might wait to see if something is seriously wrong with the transmision in this model year before I purchase....!
    Thanks again!
    Dubbs
    Does anyone know how I can find a used car value for an 07 Tahoe? I'm looking at one at a local dealer, but their asking price is the same as I have been qouted for a new one w/ the same equipment. :mad: :confuse:
    dubbsy01 said: Does anyone know how I can find a used car value for an 07 Tahoe? I'm looking at one at a local dealer, but their asking price is the same as I have been quoted for a new one w/ the same equipment.
    Tell the dealer that you can buy a new '07 for the same price as they are asking for the used one. Offer them between $4K and $8K less (depending on mileage) than what they want. If they are serious about selling the vehicle they will start dealing. If they don't want to deal then you can buy the new one or try to find another used '07...however used Tahoes will be pretty scarce for at least another 6 months.
  • oscarb1oscarb1 Member Posts: 9
    Anybody hear recently buy an 07 Tahoe with rebates and discounts from any southern california dealers?? Im in the market for a new 07 Tahoe. I am planning on buying the most basic one out there since Im going to customize it from inside and out. And do those "1 at this price" trucks really exist?? Or are they ads to get people in to buy more expensive trucks?
    I emailed the dealer and offered him 8k less and he just got back to me saying he wishes he could make 8k on this car but he does have an 05 lt on the lot that he could sell me for that price......... Is it just me or do dealers treat everyone like donkeys?
    Thanks again rockman59
    totally :mad: frustrating!
    Dubbs
    dubbsy01 said: Is it just me or do dealers treat everyone like donkeys?
    All dealers are different...some treat people great, some don't. Why buy from a dealer who treats you poorly or is trying to make too much profit on your deal? They do have the right to sell the vehicle at any price they can get and you have the right to buy elsewhere. Shop around, check newspaper and online adds, Ebay, etc. and you can probably find a used '07 at a fair price. Ebay will give you an idea of what a used '07 should sell for.
  • rla1022rla1022 Member Posts: 1
    Wanted to let everyone know about our buying experience. First a little history. We wanted a Black Tahoe LT3 with black leather and rear entertainment. There was not one within 350 miles of dallas. We worked through Autoflex leasing and finally found a vehicle that came close. We leased a 2007 Tahoe LT, with the LT3 package, rear bench (for the huge baby seat), it did not have navigation or rear entertainment. All due at signing was 1000 (first months and security deposit), we did a 63 month lease, with 15000 miles. Final payment is 599 a month. MSRP on the car was just over 46000. We feel we got a great deal on this car , because we looked at an identical vehicle in November that was 879 a month through gmac.
  • mmussatommussato Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

Just picked up a 07 LT3 (Bay Area, CA). Wife's grandmother worked for GM - if you've had ANY relative work for GM you should use the GMS pricing. You get your SSN to that relative who submits it and gets you a GMS code, you use this at the dealer to get your pricing.

At first I visited to a couple of dealers and felt like I was getting jerked around (read the exellent article on this site about the undecover Edmunds.com writer working as a car salesmen - helped me out a lot). Went home frustrated and after some searching found this site:

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/

You can use the drop down menu at the top (next to the 'other discounts' tab) to either build your vehicle. check lease specials or search by local dealer inventory, showing MSRP and the GMS pricing. Be sure to also enter your geographic region, as this will include any local incentives applicable for your area.

Using this, I was able to see that I WAS getting jerked around by the other dealers, who weren't giving me full GMS pricing, and weren't including the Red Tag + add'l $500 rebates.

The LT3 I settled on was normally $47.2K, but after all was said and done the GMS pricing + rebates got me down to $37.8. Found 5 similar vehicles at 5 dealers and emailed their Internet Managers. 7-8 emails/phone calls later I had the deal done.

Wound up leasing it (it's for my business), and got out the door with $0 drive off fee, $585/mo for 36mo, 15K/year with a $26K residual.

Traded in a 03 Passat GLS Wagon, that I was initially offered $6700 for at the dealers who were playing with me - at the dealer I bought from I had a kbb.com printout of my vehicle for trade-in values and got $8500 for it. Was upside down 700, but was able to use my GM MasterCard points to cover that.

Hope this helps. Use the GMS if you can!

- MRM
  • 4speed14speed1 Member Posts: 6
    Yes, I got a 2007 Tahoe for $27900 new. GM rebate was $2000 and the dealer had a $4600 discount. It was one of those you see "1 at this price". It has the 5.3 Liter motor and an LS model.

At first when I asked about it, the salesman was acting confused about it, and try to sell me a more expensive car. We looked for that one on sale, but he couldn't find it--he claimed.

2 hours later as I was leaving, he said "wait a minute". Then came back, and said he found that Tahoe at the low price.

it was hidden around the side of the dealership by the garbage dumpsters. He it was back there, because "it was being preped"--ya, sure.

Just note, that he never positivly said the car was sold, just that he wasn't sure of it's status for sale.

Anyways my 07 Tahoe was $30,800 out the door---so just keep looking.

The finance guy told me that the dealer has to pay about 1% a month on a vehicle sitting on the lot --so they got to keep moving those cars.
    I've been shoping around for an 07 Tahoe since October and the best quote I've gotten is $6,681 of the MSRP. I'm located in Boston,Ma. Is anybody doing better than this?
  • rpsbrpsb Member Posts: 3
    Dealers in the DC area are advertising $7K off MSRP in the newspaper. I plan on going in this weekend and see what more they will take off.
  • 73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    Just saw an ad today (KC, MO) for $10K off MSRP ($67K) on an Escalade. Not the same animal but almost.
  • tsdal04tsdal04 Member Posts: 1
    My company has supplier pricing that I can use. Can you get a better price by not mentioning it and just negotiate? I get the feeling that anytime you mention supplier pricing, the salesman says "Oh thats the absolute best way to buy because you show us the number and the price on the computer screen is what you pay...no haggling." I get the feeling that supplier pricing gives them an artifical floor and they say they cant come off anymore. Problem is if you dont mention it, you never know what your GMS number is really worth. Any thoughts? Looking at a 2LT, leather with bucket seats and 3rd row are the only features I am really concerned with and were the only ones on the vehicle I was looking at. Drive out would be slightly under 37k.
  • mmussatommussato Member Posts: 2
    You can try it both ways - I got better pricing by checking out this site first:

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/

and then doing a search of the dealer inventories in my area.

That should at least tell you what your GMS discount should be for the Tahoe you're looking at. Be sure to put your region in, as it will include any other incentives for your area.
  • hardin_thickehardin_thicke Member Posts: 35
    I get good news and bad news today. Good news is my Tahoe is on its way and should be here next week. The bad news is there was a pricing problem with my order. It was a Supplier Discount, but I don't think it was the cause. Here's the deal:

My salesman with whom I am a neighbor of used some sort of GM online form to build the vehicle. The suppler discount is straight forward, and we sat in front of the PC together while pricing out the Tahoe. When he selected the LT3 option at the top of the form, all down the screen the boxes next to the items that go with that option were automatically selected with a price of $0.00. I get the total and it looks real good. So good that I decided to add the sunroof, someting I had left off to keep the price down. We shake on the deal, I leave him a check and I'm off. Now he calls today to inform me that there was a "glitch" in the ordering program which neglected to add the price of the LT3 option. The supplier price for this option is around $2800, and I have to absorb it, or he'd be happy to return my deposit because of the error. The order form the get-go had been tagged with "WA", will advise. He told me that sometimes this appears on the order if there is a pricing correction but that I shouldn't expect a great deal of difference from the order form price. Has anybody else experienced this problem? BTW, the price on the LT3 Tahoe with sunroof and locking differential, block heater, and heated washer fluid options was $41,550.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Sounds like an honest mistake.

The Tahoes aren't cheap once you start adding up the options. LT3s are pretty loaded up already. Once you start checking off options, it gets even steeper.

I've got an LTZ. MSRP came in at over $50K with Nav and some other stuff. I got GMS, which brought it down to about low $40s with the $2K rebate. Good deal compared to other models with the same capabilities.

But, it's tough to find a V8 equipped towing vehicle that's as nice as the Tahoe is for the same money.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • stemmerstemmer Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a black, LT3 w/Z71 Tahoe. MSRP was $47,480, I paid $43000 (with $2000 rebate this brought it down to $41000.

My tahoe has the following options:
    - LT3 Package
    - Z71 Suspension Package (looks really sharp)
    - 2nd Power Seat Release
    - 3-pass, 3rd row seat
    - Heated Washer Fluid
    - Power Liftgate
    - 2nd Row Heated Seats

We had a hard time finding a Z71 that had the 2nd row bench seat (have 3 kids all 3 or under...need them within swatting distance).

We love the Tahoe, we ended up buying more Tahoe than we intended to find one with a 2nd row bench seat, but we love all the extra options.

Our buying decision came down to Tahoe or Sequoia...the Tahoe beats the Sequoia across the board.

Now...waiting for the Sirius adapter to come out for GM-LAN radios...

Stemmer
  • b0l0sp0rtb0l0sp0rt Member Posts: 1
    Off the top of my head...this is what i got...

LT3 2wd w/ Navi, power lift gate for rear door, heated front seats. Out the door was approximately 38500. There was a 3k rebate at the time I got this. MSRP is approximately 43150 if i remember correctly.
    WoW, you got a great deal. What color was it? Those salesmen are BS'rs. I think once they sell that truck the loose marketing power to sell other vehicles. So looks like I am going for one of those "1 at this price" trucks. I don't mind if they are basic. I'm most likely to re-do the interior with custom material and change the wheels. Great Job 4speed1!!
  • 4speed14speed1 Member Posts: 6
    Yeah, the only thing I really wanted the LS didn't have, was a console. I bought one on ebay for $300 and it was easy to put in. The rest of the options I don't need. So I save about $8000 doing that way :shades:

And I like cloth better than leather. Leather seats are the most over-rated thing a car can have.
  • fluffhead1fluffhead1 Member Posts: 5
    I'm shopping around right now so I haven't struck a deal, but as of right now I got $4500 off the sticker and a Navigation system add on, which the dealer said runs at around $1500. So $6000 of plus the $2500 GM incentives. I'm waiting to hear back from another dealer, so maybe it can end up being more..

2007 Tahoe 2LT Z71 - MSRP $47,095
  • hbeltranhbeltran Member Posts: 2
    Well the hard work is over and not the fun starts. WE just purchased a 2007 LTZ Tahoe. MSRP $50220. It has Leather, Nav, Rear Ent., Sun roof, Bucket seats and 3 person 3rd row. Oh wait this was a trade to this dealer and the previous dealer switch out the last row and pulled a fass one on the Dealer I was using. You know what it was my gain. The dealer First offer me the Tahoe for $44,683.00 We passed because we wanted the Bench. They came back and game me the price of $43683.00. As he spoke to me on the phone at home after our long trip WE took it. My wife and I then added the $2000.00 rebate. But wait we had an additional $500.00 private offer rebate. So we left that dealer ship paying $41,183.00 for a Tahoe MSRP of $50,220.00. I would call that a good deal. Thanks to the great Folks of Davis Chevy in Houston, Texas :)
  • royandiroyandi Member Posts: 2
    I found a fully loaded 07 Tahoe LTZ with almost 6,000 miles on it. Found out it had been bought at auction as a manufacturers vehicle (whatever that means). Asking price is $44991. Dealer said because of mileage it had to be sold as "used" but the title had never been transferred. Does this sound like a good deal? Where can I find prices for used 07 Tahoe's? We were told that because it is listed as used it does not qualify for any of the new car incentives.
    royandi said: Found out it had been bought at auction as a manufacturers vehicle (whatever that means).
    GM gives their executives vehicles to drive as part of their job and percs. Generally these vehicles are the top of the line models and loaded with every option. When they hit somewhere between 5 and 10K miles they sell these vehicles to their dealers or to the auctions. These vehicles have never been titled but they must be sold as "used" because they have been used. Usually you can get a good price on these factory exec units.
  • royandiroyandi Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the explanation. Is what they are asking for it a good price? I'm thinking incentives offered for new cars might be a better way to go.
    Best way to find out is to go price out a brand new vehicle with all the dealer discounts. Take a look at the Kelley Blue Book and NADA used vehicle book to see what a used '07 is selling for. With all the deals going on today you just might be able to get a brand new rig for about the same price as the used executive model.
  • gabattagabatta Member Posts: 5
    I was considering holding out to see what enhancements were announced with the '08s, however I was able to work the following deal online this week with a GMS discount:

New 2007 LT3 Black with Nav, Sunroof, DVD, 20" and pretty much otherwise loaded. MSRP is $50,925, GMS base price is around $54k. The dealer is offering $39,700, and this is before face to face final negotiation.

This deal might be too good to pass up.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Sounds more than terrific, and not that it won't happen again, but if the vehicle is right and you want or need it, just take it right now--it isn't likely to get a whole lot better in terms of discount, save a new bonus here or there.
    Do you have the MSRP and GMS discount reversed? Either way, it's a steal. :shades:
  • gabattagabatta Member Posts: 5
    You are correct, typo on my part. MSRP is correct, but GMS is around $44k.
  • bfab3bfab3 Member Posts: 1
    I know that most people buy them for approximately dealer's invoice. What I would like to know is if the incentive should be minused before the dealer's invoice price or after the dealers invoice price?

Thanks,
    Bill
  • murray55murray55 Member Posts: 1
    Ther are some fairly good deals out there right now on the 07s. We just drove home a 07 LT1 package- sticker price $38,400 for $31,000 + ttl. I though that was pretty good. To answer the above question- the rebates should come out after the invoice price. If you use the tool on Edmunds for calculating the price it always deducts rebates after the "what other people are paying" price. BTW - We LOVE our Tahoe. Good luck!
  • toecuttertoecutter Member Posts: 2
    hi all!!

just singed on noob here. I feel as tho I got taken bad!!
    I'm furious!!!

I had 5gran saved for a down payment. and was hoping for a 500 dollar amonth payment on buying a LT3.

but ended up with a LT1 for a 3 year lease with a 445 dollar payment.

I told them I wanted to buy a LT3 but they said this was all I could end up with, now I just got a message saying they have my plates and its gonna be an additional 350 for a 4 years regestration. ON A 3 year lease!!!! Dang!!!

now I don't know about buying cars as can be clearly seen.
    but geez!!

not knowing should'nt be an excuse to getting railroaded.
  • dociousdocious Member Posts: 8
    We special ordered a LT2, with 2nd Row Capitan's seats, and 3rd row 3 seats.

We had to order one because we didn't want anything extra other than the seating arrangement. Plus, the LT2 pkg already has a bunch of better than decent upgrades.

It came in last Saturday, before the $3000 cash allowance ended.

We paid $400 over invoice, or about $34,500 before taxes and DMV stuff.
  • kwseelbachkwseelbach Member Posts: 2
    Just wondering if I have negotiated a good deal at $41K for 2007 CHEVY TAHOE LTZ 2WD as described below (Houston, Texas). Dealer started at $Please let me know your thoughts. (Also, would it be worth getting a 4WD? I don't do any offroad really. Just towing ski boat. Occasional trip to Colorado for skiing. Thoughts?)

2007 Chevrolet CC10706 - Tahoe: 2WD

MSRP Vehicle delivered to dealer $48,880

Color1: 41U Black Exterior Color
    Color2: N/A
    Trim: 193 Ebony Leather Interior Trim
    Package: 1LZ LTZ Option Package
    Engine: LMG Engine: 5.3L, V-8, Flex Fuel, SFI, V-8
    Trans: M30 Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
    Other: 1SZ Option Package Discount
    AG1 Seat Adjuster, 6-Way Power (Driver\'s Side)
    AJ1 Glass: Deep Tinted
    AL4 Bucket Seats: 2nd Row
    AN3 Seats: Front, Full Feature Bucket
    AP3 Remote Start
    ARS Bench Seat: 2nd Row, Power Release
    AS3 Rear Seat, 3rd Row, Three Passenger
    ASF Head Curtain Side Airbag
    AU3 Power Door Locks
    B30 Floor Covering: Color Keyed Carpet with Floor Mats
    B58 Floor Mats Frt & Rr, Carpeted Insert
    B85 Moldings, Body Side, Black or Bright, Package Dependent
    BVE Assist Steps
    C36 Heater, Auxillary
    C49 Defogger, Rear Window, Electric
    C5Y GVW Rating 7100 Lbs
    CE1 Rain Sense Wiper System
    CF5 Sun Roof, Electric Sliding
    CJ2 Climate Control, Electronic - Multi-zone
    DF5 Mirror I/S R/V-Lt Sens-Compass/Temp
    DK8 Deluxe Roof Console
    DL3 Mirrors, O/S Power, Heated, Pwr Folding, Turn Indicator
    E52 Liftgate with Wiper/Washer
    E61 Liftgate w/Liftglass - Power
    FE9 Federal Emissions
    G69 Level Control - Auto Air
    G80 Locking Differential, Rear
    GU6 Rear Axle, 3.42 Ratio
    JF4 Pedals Adjustable, Power
    K34 Cruise Control
    KA6 Heated Seats: 2nd Row
    NP5 Steering Wheel: Leather Wrapped
    QSS Tires, P275/55R20, All Season, Blackwall
    RCS Wheels: 20 x 8.5 Aluminum Polished
    SAF Spare Tire Lock
    T96 Fog Lamps, Front
    U2K Satellite, XM Radio Digital Sound System (subscription)
    U3U Radio, AM/FM Stereo, CD, Nav, Voice Rec.
    UD7 Rear Parking Assist
    UE1 OnStar Communication System
    UG1 Universal Home Remote
    UK3 Radio Controls: Steering Wheel
    UQA Speakers: Bose Premium System
    UVC Rear View Camera System
    V22 Grille: Chrome Surround
    V54 Luggage Rack, Roof Mounted, Black
    VGD Fascia, Front, Body Color
    VGE Fascia, Rear, Body Color
    VGK LTZ Sales Package
    VK3 License Plate Front Mounting Pkg
    XA7 Heated Washer Fluid
    Z55 Suspension Package: Autoride
    ZRS Tire, Spare P265/70R17
    ZY1 Solid Paint Application
  • gpvalentgpvalent Member Posts: 3
    I live in Texas and just bought a 2007 Tahoe LT2 with basic options (no rims, 4x2, no navigation) for $34,000--drive out price of approximately $36,300.
    FYI-I was told by the dealer that there is a $500 incentive (in addition to the $2000 rebate) which will be available beginning this Sunday. Not sure if this is legit or simply sales talk.
  • duanessongduanessong Member Posts: 4
    Anyone heard of any additional rebates forthcoming (Western region) in addition to the existing $2,000?
  • clemsontahoeclemsontahoe Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up my new Black on Black LT3 Z71 4x4. Really like it so far still figuring out the nav, etc. Think I got a pretty good deal. It's basically fully loaded..MSRP was 51280 and I got it for 44338 out the door. 43900 before tax, tags, etc.
  • mdeucemdeuce Member Posts: 4
    I was just offered the following lease from a dealership in the Boston area. I think it's a fair offer but any feedback would be appreciated. Also, if I can wait a few months is there any benefit to ordering a 2008 instead?

2WD 3LT MSRP = $45,605
    Selling Price = $41,700
    MA Sales Tax = 5%
    48 mo. lease, 12k miles/yr
    55% residual and 6.9%

With no cap cost reduction and all fees paid out-of-pocket, roughly $1,400, they are asking for $576/mo. Good deal??
    Thats exactly what I think. Your'e better off buying your own custom upgrades for less and still have the ride looking very nice! They do lose marketing power when they sell the "1 at this price" vehicle. Keep in mind that if they dont get you in the price, they'll try to get you in financing. Bring your own financing better. I think you'll see alot more of those "1 at this price" vehicles when the 08's start hiting the lots!! :shades:
  • danjhilldanjhill Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have any idea when the 08's may be showing up on lots?
  • wbp1968wbp1968 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have any ideas on how much the rebates will be when the 08's come out...They should be bigger then the 2000.00 being offered now to get rid of them when new inventory comes out..Thanks for any info..
    Late summer, early fall.