Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Tahoe Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• nflguynflguy Member Posts: 90
    I will give my 2 cents.

#1 I assume your not getting the GMS discount

#2 $43,500 OTD means a sales price of about $41,000

They are giving you roughly 8k off MSRP PLUS 1.9 %

Looks like a decent deal. Most people I have spoken with didn't get more then 5k off msrp if they were getting a really low interest rate.

You might counter with 43k otd plus 0 %
  • texaspilottexaspilot Member Posts: 13
    Purchased 08 Tahoe, LT3, 5.3L, central TX. in mid Sept. List was $42K +; Out the door price was $34.6K First Chevy, and we are very impressed. Needed tow vehicle for Airstream. Some wind noise on driver side at speed, but I think adjustment can be made at service. Looking at adding Superchip to improve power/ efficiency; any experience?
    That looks like a good deal. You didn't mention if you got GMS discount and what Rebates were applied. I'm actually suprised at that price since the big rebates were on the 2007 models not the 2008. Any miles on the the vehicle when you purchased it?

I also noticed wind noise on the driver side on the freeway.

I wouldn't add a superchip. Those things can really mess your engine up plus they void the warranty.
  • digitalgeekdigitalgeek Member Posts: 4
    I found a Chevy Tahoe nicely equiped 07 that i like. I went to the dealer on 10/31 he offered me $36,500 + out the door costs, i offered $35k out the door and he said no. On Nov 1, i took my wife to see it, and he offered me $37,500 + out the door costs, his excuse was they have less room in Nov to discount. I'm also eligible for supplier discount which i did not mention to them yet. Here is the deal:
    MSRP*: $46,565.00
    Supplier Price: $42,690.20
    Current Offers: -$3,750.00
    Net Price: $38,940.20
    Price offered to me $37,500.00 (Nov 1-07)

Is this a good deal or can i bring them down to 35k?
    your input is much appreciated, i'm in the new england area.
  • 73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    "I wouldn't add a superchip. Those things can really mess your engine up plus they void the warranty."

Wrong on both counts.
    I get the supplier discount too. The MSRP of my Tahoe was about 44k My price was 31,800 before taxes and fees. Total out the door was $33,333.

I thought the October rebates (5k) were extended into Nov.

Offer 34,000 plus tax.
    We will have to agree to disagree. Anyone using those chips is playing with fire. That's why its typically foolish teens that do that sort of thing. "Superchip" lol!
  • pmjcpmjc Member Posts: 1
    Found a 2008 Tahoe LT3 (20 mi outside of Phila PA) with MSRP of $46,645. Requested from local dealer an internet quote and he comes back with $39,995 plus 6% tax, title, etc. Terms of financing were not discussed. Included in the quote were incentives, I believe, of $3,750 in total.I believe there is lots more room to go lower. Your thoughts? What should be my final offer?????? Thanks
    I would wait until the rebates/Incentives are increased for the 2008 models. Probably tough to get the kind of deal that can be had on a 2007 at this point on the 2008 models.

Btw: I didn't notice many differences between the 2007 Tahoe and the 2008 Tahoe.
    I did not get GMS discount. I was working with a couple dealers, and happend to get with the VP to discuss my other offers from competitors. 5 miles on OD.
    I did not see any difference 07-08 either. Dealer in TX was loaded with both models, including GMC Yukons also....I think the advise of waiting for the rebates is a good one, perhaps end of Nov. or Dec... BTW-I just turned 1,400 miles, and thought I would try and trade my new 08 LT3 2WD in for a 4X4. What a surprise that they only offered me $31 for my 08 and wanted $38K for an 07' 4X4 Demo unit with 6K miles! Guess I will stay with 2WD for awhile....
  • senorbeisbolsenorbeisbol Member Posts: 3
    What is it with the Chevy dealers and the $31,000 offers? My son has a fully loaded 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ with 2,900 miles on it he tried to trade in for a Silverado and was offered EXACTLY $31,000 by THREE dealers. He paid a heck of a lot more than that. He told them no on the trade. These guys continue to have license to steal.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter seeks to talk with consumers who just purchased a new large SUV. Please send the make and model of your vehicle along with your daytime contact information to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, November 8, 2007.
  • rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    Senor Beisbol said: What is it with the Chevy dealers and the $31,000 offers?
    Dealers are in business to make a profit. They are going to offer you a price that they can mark up to make that profit. The fact that three different dealers all offered the same amount should tell you something......$31K is the going wholesale price in that market for that vehicle with that mileage.
  • senorbeisbolsenorbeisbol Member Posts: 3
    So I guess that Texas is considered an extension of the California market and vice versa, because texaspilot was offered $31,000 also. Unless he is in California, explain that one to me. And by the way, car dealers are in the business of separating you from as much of your money as possible, not to simply make a profit. Making an honest profit is one thing; trying to rip off people is quite another. A salesman at a dealership in California had the nerve to tell me that he could show me at least 30 contracts of people who got 0% interest financing. It has been very well-documented in the media that the 0% financing is the biggest come-on in the industry and that people with unblemished credit reports are turned down. So, please, save your sermon about dealers are in business to make money. So is the mafia, pal. Wait, they might one and the same.
    Senorbeisbol said: Making an honest profit is one thing
    And just what is your version of an "honest" profit? The car business is and always has been a big game....the buyer wants to buy low and the seller wants to sell high. If you don't like the $31K offer on your used vehicle then go ahead and sell it yourself if you think you can do better. There is no law that says you have to trade it in to the dealer. Every add I have ever seen from any car company advertising 0% financing always says something about qualifications to get that rate. If you have poor credit forget the 0%. So how is that a rip-off? If you do have excellent credit and qualifications and you can't get the 0% rate then take it up with your state's Attorney General's office. Remember, that 0% rate is not being offered by the dealer, it is being offered by GMAC. I am not in the car business. I could care less what kind of a bad deal you think you are getting. If you don't like what the dealer offers, walk out the door. So "pal", that's my "sermon" for tonight.
    Let me say this about dealers making a profit.

I had several dealers tell me that they need to tack on a few hundred bucks above invoice so they could make a profit. Through a friend that works for GM corporate I found out that every last dealer that told me that was lying through their teeth. They were getting $3,200 from GM but were telling me they make ZERO if they sell at invoice.

Dealers rely on consumers who are ignorant on how the process works. They know that most people walking through the doors think the MSRP is the real price of the car, while others think invoice price means anything less then invoice cuases the dealer to lose money so obviously they must sell above invoice right?

The bottom line is that with 99.9% of dealers out there, you have to go in already knowing what a fair offer for the vehicle you want is. The dealer sure as heck won't help u get the best deal. After all, why tell consumers about Holdback and other GM dealer incentives when they can just lie to you and double or triple their profits.
    Has anyone else noticed wind noise on the driver side when traveling at 50+
    nflguy said: The bottom line is that with 99.9% of dealers out there, you have to go in already knowing what a fair offer for the vehicle you want is
    I totally agree. Do your homework. All the info you need is available online. Know how much you are willing to pay for what you want. If the dealer or dealers are asking too much in your opinion, WALK OUT THE DOOR. There will always be a dealer who will make the deal you want, assuming there is some profit in it for the them. The key is to shop around. Prices vary due to supply and demand on the model you want and time of year is a factor too. Never buy on emotion. Determine what kind of vehicle you want and the options then start the process. Spending a little time and effort on one of the biggest purchases you will ever make seems sensible to me.
  • puckopolispuckopolis Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking at a 2007 LTZ loaded - MSRP of $54,190. Invoice is $48,409. Is it unreasonable to try to get a sell price of $43,659 which is invoice minus the current $4,750 in rebates? I figure the dealer will still make his money on holdback and any manufacturer to dealer incentives.
  • mark16mark16 Member Posts: 11
    10,531 off sticker this late in model year is not unreasonable at all. Rest assured the dealers will not lose any money even at this price. Go for it as 07's are flying off lots and selection will be very limited. Good luck!
    Thanks, I just needed to know if I was crazy thinking that was a fair offer.
    My buddy works for Gm and is given a new car to drive every yr. He told me to stay away from the LTZ suspension. He said it was very rigid and only practical for people planning to do lots of offroading. The other suspension was more comfortable for reg road/freeway driving.
  • digitalgeekdigitalgeek Member Posts: 4
    I would say offer them $40k. Selling around $1000 below invoice or even more at this point is time is expected, dealers were offering me $500-1000k below invoice before i even nogotiated. I just picked up my 07 Yukon today (same car). MSRP of $41k for 30K. that is more than 2k below invoice after the $4750 rebate. I also noticed that there is more 07 Yukon around than there is Tahoes, and they are offering much better deals. The sales rep at GMC also mentioned that the suspension on the Yukon is better than that of the Tahoe. I'm not trying to push a Yukon here, however, I wanted a Taheo at first, but because of the lack of inventory on 07 Tahoe and the ones I found had much higher MSRPs, I went with a Yukon which I was pretty much able to find in all price ranges.
    Do you mean the Z71 package or LTZ?
    If you got your Yukon for $11K off of sticker ($41K vs. $30K), then my offer of $43,659 makes sense I guess ($10,531 off of sticker).
    "The sales rep at GMC also mentioned that the suspension on the Yukon is better than that of the Tahoe"

The sales rep either didn't know or was lying. The Tahoe and Yukon are the same vehicle with only a few cosmetic differences. The Yukon suspension is the same as the Tahoe.

As for the LTZ Suspension. I can't remember it was Z71 OR LTZ. I know it was the upgraded suspension and not the typical one. He said its meant for offroading and isn't very comfortable for reg roads.
  • sdoo25sdoo25 Member Posts: 25
    "As for the LTZ Suspension. I can't remember it was Z71 OR LTZ. I know it was the upgraded suspension and not the typical one. He said its meant for offroading and isn't very comfortable for reg roads"

Probably the Z71, that's for offroading and comes w/skid plates and other off road goodies. We've got the LTZ which comes w/the autoride suspension (airbags on the rear) and it's very comfortable. We've driven to Annapolis and Atlanta frequently and it's a very smooth ride.
  • 2007tahoe2007tahoe Member Posts: 10
    :sick: HELLO THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME BUT I NEED HELP ON TIPS AND ETC. ON PURCHASING A NEW 2007 TAHOE. MY BUDGET IS SORTA LIMITED. I WILL BE LOOKING FOR A BASE MODEL. I'VE SEARCHED THE NET SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE RUNNING CLOSE TO MSRP 26500 SOME PLACES A FEW THOUSAND LESS WITH ABOUT 10-120 MILES. I KNOW THAT THERE ARE SOME OFFERS ON REBATES FOR 3750.00 AND I ALSO HAVE THE GM DISCOUNT WHICH I FIGURE MAY BE AROUND 2000 SO MY QUESTION IS IF IT WERE YOU HOW WOULD YOU GO ABOUT THE DEAL. WOULD THE PRICE OF THIS VEHICLE REALLY Y BE 20850???? :confuse:
  • sep1180sep1180 Member Posts: 8
    I live in the Atlanta are and I've been researching the Tahoe's and Yukons for a while now. I'm curious to know if it would be wiser for me to buy a used 2007 model or just buy a new 07 since the 08's are now on the lots. I'm just looking for the best possible deal. I've found an 07 LT3 4x4, 2nd row buckets, and no dvd or nav. They are asking 32995 for it. I don't want to pay over 28000..drive out...Is this even possible??? I just need it to have 2nd row buckets and leather. I want it to be as much like minivan inside as possible without it being minivan. Or should I just be searching for a LT2 2wd???? Advice...PLEASE!!!!
    well i been searching the net and the going rate for a brand new 2007 tahoe is 26500and up not including the reabtes that are being offered for that model. i wouldnt purchase a used 07 at that price though. but for the one that you want with leather and all the bells it would be around 30000 but remember the 2008 start at 34,000 also. i would stop at another dealer and compare good luck ;)
    So you think that it is overpriced by 3000??? I do want leather and 2nd row captains. What model does tha start at? I don't want to spend over 28000 is this is possible for what I want in an 07?
    28,000????

I just bought a brand new 2007 LT3 2WD with 2nd row captains. MSRP $43,800

I get the GM employee discount and got the dealer to throw in an additional $3,000 in rebates on top of the advertised 5k.

After my GM employee discount and the 8k in rebates the final sales price
    was $31,800

Most buyers wouldn't have gotten that extra 3k off.

After taxes and fees the price was $33,333.00 out the door

I consider this an awesome deal and would be shocked if you could beat it.
    I was talking about a used one. I've seen a used 07 Yukon SLT for 27995 here in Atlanta.
    ;) THAT WAS A GOOD DEAL how did you get them to throw in the extra rebate?????/ :surprise:
    Used is a vague term. How many miles are on the car? I know people who can put 40,000 miles on a car in one year.

I would probably go to kelly blue book for values on used Tahoe's. $28k, is better then what I paid for brand new but only by about $3,800 bucks.
    I told the dealer that I knew how much GM was paying them for selling me the car. Holdback etc

Plus I knew about the Dealer Bonus certificate program that GM has for it's dealers but they don't advertise and many won't even admit exsists (becuase the dealer general manager is pocketing the cash).

Go back and read my posts over the past 6 weeks. I posted in detail the whole process.
    It has about 23000 miles on it...Do you think 28000 is too low??? It has been sitting on the lot for quite some time now.
    I'm confused. Are we talking about an 07 LT3 ???

My 2007 is an LT3 2WD with 2nd row captains/20" polished wheels. MSRP $43,800

You can get leather on an LT but LT3 has features like heated seats and power/memory seats on passenger side as well as driver.

My car had 14 miles on it. My sales price before tax was $31,800

So if you were buying the same exact vehicle but yours has 23,000 miles on it, how much would you want off the price? Do you think 3,800 addtional off is worth the 23,000 miles already on the car? I'm not sure that I do.

I would pay the extra 3,800 and get one brand new.
    I'm also not sure if all rebates apply to used Tahoes.
  • brianthomasbrianthomas Member Posts: 12
    I just bought an '08 Tahoe 4x4 LT3 with conv. pkg. and Z71. The msrp was $47,770 and they offered 10% off sticker and the rebate. I always believed 9.75% was the invoice off MSRP so this was fine with me. The suprise came when they said the rebates were $2,750 while I thought they were $1,750 according to Edmunds and GM websites. Who was I to argue? What really made the deal is they offered me $29,000 for my trade which was an '07 Tahoe 4x4 LT2 produced without backup sensors and adjustable pedals. I also had 38,000 miles on it. The other three dealers I visited did not even come close. Is the rebate actually $2,750 on '08s?
    Ok...Great. THanks for the info.
    I'm not sure what the current rebates are for the 2008 models. I do know that the dealers will NEVER offer you more then what is advertised. If they tell you 2,750 then it's a good bet that is the advertised number.
    Dealers ALWAYS rip you off on trade ins. They also use them to make you think your getting a better deal on your new car then you really are. It's usually best to do that separately or to negotiate final price of car with rebates etc, THEN see what they will give you for your car.
  • brianthomasbrianthomas Member Posts: 12
    I really think they tripped over my trade. They offered $2,500 more than anyone else. The new '08 stickered for $5,500 more than the '07 did because of more equipment. I traded for a difference of $10,200 after my GM card points of $1,500. This means I could have traded for $4,700 on an '08 that was identical to my '07. That is pretty good to trade up a year and drop off 38,000 miles. I drive alot!
    do you think that there will be new 07 tahoe around in feb 08. also i see that the rebates for the new 07 are still very good up til jan 08 (3750.00) is it possible to get a base new model 2007 for about 19000.00 including all gm family discount plus rebates???????? :blush:
    19,000?? I would seriously doubt it. You are looking at $26k+ for base models even if you get a fantastic deal..
  • camstercamster Member Posts: 12
    I'm renting a Tohoe for a few days to try it out - the cloth seats seem kind of 'average'. Is my rental just beat up or are the cloth versions not so good?
    OK...help me please!! We just got quoted an 07 LT3 Tahoe with Dvd, nav, all the bells and whistles for 39800.00. It already has 3000 miles on it. Is this a good deal or should we try to negotiate it down some more??? This price includes the 3750.00 rebate they are offering right now. Also, when I did this exact care in kelly blue book it gave me a price of 39240.00. Shouldn't that be the price before taking out the rebate?? Therefore, making the car 36670.00??? Please respond quickly as we want to be in the next few days....Thanks so much!!!!
    OK...help me please!! We just got quoted an 07 LT3 Tahoe with Dvd, nav, all the bells and whistles for 39800.00. It already has 3000 miles on it. Is this a good deal or should we try to negotiate it down some more???