Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Suburban Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
Share your buying experiences - help others!

Comments

• sandman5sandman5 Member Posts: 2
    Latest round of incentives (post 9/7/04) includes an additional $1,000 if financed through GMAC. Every dealer said the GMAC rate was 7.9%. They must be smoking crack because the $1,000 in savings is eaten up by just .75% over market rate (which is approx. 5.25%) over the life of a $30,000 loan. If you are bad at math that means any rate over 6.0% will cost you more than $1,000. What are they thinking? Anyways, one dealer told me to refi the GMAC loan right away - another dealer said you cannot payoff for at least 3 months. Anybody out there know the real scoop with the additional rebate and payoff penalty?
  • osteoosteo Member Posts: 20
    I've talked to two dealers on the extra $1000 after September 7. They both said you only have to finance $5000 of the purchase for one month and then can pay it off at the end of the month without a prepayment penalty. It sounded too good to be true, but two different places have now said exactly the same thing.
    One of the dealers keeps putting out two $500 coupons for an extra incentive. Anyone hearing about this. Sounds like an extra carrot to the dealer to sweeten the deal.

Also, has anyone heard about the dealer "hold backs" referred to in message 36 above? I don't have a clue if October is going to be better. What happens to those 2004 vehicles if they don't sell? Do they go to auction or does the dealer hang on to them and keep cutting the price until they finally sell?
  • sandman5sandman5 Member Posts: 2
    When I was shopping another dealer for a price comparison the guys buying a car in the next stall said the other dealer they were at had $500 "factory" chips that the dealer could randomly use to sweeten a deal to move a vehicle. The sales guy acted like he never heard of it but the post above is the second time i heard about the $500 pot sweetners. They must exist.
  • gm4megm4me Member Posts: 1
    Here's the deal: 3 kids, and wife refuses to own a minivan. We do need the extra room - the durango just isn't cuttin it. I'm considering buying a new Sub or Yukon - either 04 or 05 - but am really hesitant b/c of what may be coming out a few years down the road. I've read in 2007 GM will come out with the hybrid Suburban..? So if I drop $40-45K on a new one now, then in 7 or 8 years go to trade it in, there's no market for it because there are new and used hybrids available...? Does it make sense to keep the durango and buy a rooftop Thule bin for packing luggage, then wait for the hybrid to be introduced? Or should i trade in the durango for a slightly used Sub....or do I just bite the bullet now and buy a new one that we'll keep for 7 or 8 years...??? Or...what about a lease?? I just don't know! Any advantages w/the 05s over the 04s?? Thanks!
  • jakkalsjakkals Member Posts: 1
    Last Saturday we picked up a new 2004 Suburban LT with Stabilitrack, rear airbags, convenience package, XM radio, DVD, 17 inch weels, etc for:

$48,160 sticker
    ($7,000) dealer discount
    (5,000) GM rebates
    (1,000) GMAC financing rebate
    (1,000) 2 x $500 GM certificates applied by dealer
    (2,280) credit earned on our GM card
    $31,880 price before TTL

Very painless deal - I was quoted the price over the phone and the car was waiting for us when we got there. Only surpise was that we still had to pay sales tax on the credit card earnings and some of the rebates. Could be a California issue.

Happy as a clam so far and my wife is happy that she finaly has a radio with reception where we live!!
  • tomvtomv Member Posts: 10
    Thanks jakkals for your info.
    I am not seeing $7k discounts here in Minnesota but then our gas isn't quite as high in price here. Best I am seeing so far is $10,700 off retail with discount and rebate. I'll try a little harder this weekend.
  • suburbmansuburbman Member Posts: 5
    I NEED A NEUTRAL OPINION. LOOKING AT AN 04 SUB DEMO WITH 10K MILES. LT PREF EQUIP PKG, 2ND ROW BUCKETS REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT, LIFT GATE GLAS AND SAFE AND SECURE PKG ADD UP TO $47, 705 (INCLUDES $1000 PREF EQUIP SAVINGS). DEALER HAS OFFERED A "TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT" PRICE OF $38,800. tHIS DOES NOT INCLUDE A POSSIBLE $5000 REBATE BECAUSE IT IS FOR MY MOTHER IN LAW AND SHE WILL LIKELY FINANCE IT AT 0% FOR 4 OR 5 YRS. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS???
  • dilbertzzzdilbertzzz Member Posts: 190
    First, you undoubtedly don't mean to be rude, but you need to know that all caps is considered shouting online. Plus it is simply a lot harder to read, discouraging those whom you hope will answer.

I've not studied the numbers lately, but I can tell you to be really sure about the possible $5,000 rebate not being included. Dealers are really savvy and, unless they specifically stated (and maybe even if they did! -- some are very low indeed) that the $5,000 rebate was not included in their figures and that it could still be taken off, then they have almost certainly taken it off of any "take it or leave it" price they have offered.
  • suburbmansuburbman Member Posts: 5
    Sorry about the caps. We were very clear and in writing got the quote without the $5000 rebate. So you think it's a good deal? Now should I wait for the Red Tag information???
  • dilbertzzzdilbertzzz Member Posts: 190
    It sure sounds like you should hang on for the "sale" just to see, if you can wait. Probably the worst that might happen is the deal will get sweeter as the dealer looks at the looming year end and the remaining inventory....
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    car_man seems to get a lot of valid scoop, so I'd be inclined to trust him on this one - just make sure you check the topic linked above for updates, as I'm sure he'll post as soon as he gets any add'l info.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

I'd also think long and hard about taking the 0% financing over the $5,000. When I did the math for myself a week or so ago the $5000 was worth a lot more than the present value savings of the 6 year 0%. Something like a $2000 gap. Just calculate the payment numbers on $33,800 with the best interest rate you can find for your mom and compare it to the payments for the $38,800 at 0%. I think you'll be surprised.
    Tom
    I just got a phone message from a dealer today telling me that they are adding a $1500 dollar rebate to all 04 and 05 GM vehicles if you finance with GMAC. Not sure if that is related to this red tag sales event or not.
    Given that I am now pursuing a Chrysler T&C, I did not call back to verify the specifics.
    Tom
  • murphy4murphy4 Member Posts: 92
    I have a wife, two young boys and a dog. We are very active bunch. We currently have a VW Passat 4-motion wagon but need more space. We stayed away from SUV's in the past but think we may make the move. We see a lot of Chevy Suburbans/Tahoe out there. Not sure which way to go.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
  • skhallskhall Member Posts: 1
    Just got back from the dealer with this

$48,075 MSRP

$ 5,000 Total GMAC Finance and Cash Back Bonus

$ 5,129 Total Dealer Discount

$37,946 Net Sales Price

Salesman said $3000 cash back and $2000 GMAC Finance Bonus (7.5% for 60 mos)

One salesman said minimum 3 payments and refi.

Another said that 3 payments was not a requirement, but dealership had to pay some incentive back to GMAC on a pro-rated basis if we did not keep it that long. HMMMMM (not yelling, just wonderin')

This is the first I have seen on the 2WD Z71 package and I like it.

Am I missing out on anything?

• gandalphgandalph Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 4WD Z71, side air bags, 2nd row bucket seats, etc.

$51,435 MSRP

$ 7,428 Total Dealer Discount

$ 4,500 Total Rebates, ($3000 + $1500 financing rebate)

$39,507 Net Sales Price

$1500 GMAC Finance Bonus (5.9% for 60 mos)can be refied after one month.

Finance guy at dealership offered a refi rate through him after one month of the original GMAC loan at 4.99%
  • bedrockbedrock Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a new 2004 Suburban LS 4x4 during the "Red Tag Event" in southern New Jersey. MSRP was $41,625 Red Tag Price was $31,318. Dealer accepted my offer of $29500. The dealer applied two extra $500 rebates to bring the rebate total to $7500. Had to take the financing (5 yrs. at 7.2% but can pay a $50 fee to GMAC if I refinance within the first year, which I can and will do right away.) Dealer agreed to my price only if I took delivery that day. They had 4 '04s on the lot when I bought, all of which moved in the last week of December.

Wife and kids absolutely love the new vehicle as it replaced a Mercury Mountaineer.
  • red94red94 Member Posts: 9
    What kind of discounting on 04 leftover suburbans and yukon xl. - in relation to MSRP
    At this point, you should be talking about pricing in relation to invoice, not MSRP. If you hit the "new cars" tab at the top and build your vehicle, you'll notice that the TMV price shows that the average price paid is a few hundred over invoice. Since that's an average, you may be able to do better. Looks like there are some cash incentives as well. ($1500 in my area)

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Smart Shopper & Future Vehicles discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• kmd99kmd99 Member Posts: 13
    When I click the "new cars" tab I'm only finding 05 models now, but according to GM Buy Power, there are plenty of 04's left over, but, so far, the quotes I've requested in the VA/NC/SC area are not budging from the usual discounts (so far).
    If you scroll down the page a bit, beyond the 'most researched' models, you'll notice that beside each 2005 model, there's a 'see 2004 model' in paretheses. For example, here's the link to info for the 2004 Suburban.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• amber2amber2 Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering buying a Suburban LS and then adding leather and a sun roof,I don't want to pay for extras don't need. Auto Sound is doing up grade. Price from Dealer is 32,900 with leather and sun added. Deal is from Quirk in MA. Also any knowledge about difference between J and K package on LS model. Any suggestions comments ???
  • bdhplayerbdhplayer Member Posts: 14
    Saw a story earlier today on AOL that GM was cutting MSRP by $2000 on Suburban and GMC Yukon.

Tried to find the story tonight and could not find it. Check this out before you buy, according to AOl it was a hush hush announcement.
  • traciarosstraciaross Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking to purchase an 05 suburban in the Cleveland Ohio area sometime this week or next. Anyone out there want to share prices paid? I'm looking for the Sport Package, DVD player, leather, and probably 2nd row bucket seating. Have just started calling for quotes at this point. Got a quote of 45,000 for a red 05, leather, sun/sound package, 2nd row buckets, off road equip. group, grill brush guard (what IS this??) and the navigation radio. Window sticker is 53,865.00 The 45,000 quote already includes the 3000.00 cash rebate for our area. Would love to read some reactions and opinions....Also- we qualify for a "Friends and Family"discount plan because my husbands company buys a LOT of cars. Can you really get a good number with this discount, or is it better to negotiate an individual deal. Thanks,
    Traci
  • bixsterbixster Member Posts: 6
    Traci, i am in pittsburgh and am looking for either an 05 suburban or 05 gmc yukon xl and i was at a dealership yesterday and they had 47000 msrp yukon xl for 35,488 or so.It had leather package etc..with bose stereo but no sunroof. With the price of gas expecting to hit $2.50 a gallon, i would expect that with all of the yukon xl's and suburbans buried in snow on dealer lots that the 11,500 or so discounts i am seeing now will just get better. I am seeing alot of 04's on the lots as well, so, i am hoping to steal one of those if i can. As for your friends and family thing, i can only say that i got an x-plan price on an expedition from ford that amounted to about 11,500 of msrp and with an advertised price of 11,500 or so off of the yukon xl i saw yesterday without the friends and family discount, i am wondering myself if that stuff even matters at this point. I would be curious for some other input on it as well. Anyway, it is a buyer's market and i am negotiating for not only a good price, but for free maintenance, extended warranties, tires for life and anything else i can get thrown my way. I have nothing to lose and they have a ton of cars on the lots, so, it is worth a shot. Good luck.
  • traciarosstraciaross Member Posts: 5
    Bixter-

Think we are going to make the leap and finalize a deal today. We are going to use the gm supplier discount. An 05 Suburban, Z71 Package. Black with leather, Sun/Sound Entertainment package, 2nd Row Buckets. I think the only thing we are missing are side air and navigation radio. STicker price of 51,300. I think we will hit 22,500 out the door. That number includes 20,000 trade in allotment for my 02 eddie bauer expedition. Took lots of dealer visits around the area to get my trade in number up. MOst dealers started at 17,000. We found it was best not to mention the Supplier Plan until after we got a decent trade in number. Otherwise there wasn't much incentive to entice us with a decent trade in value. WE went to 8 different dealers and worked the best deals before bringing up the Supplier plan. The supplier plan beat the best deal everytime. IF you have the GmSupplier discount, you can get the numbers right on the website. So we went into dealerships with the Supplier numbers in hand. It was kind of fun trying to get them down that far. We also did get the incentive coupons thrown in, so they can be used along with the Supplier Program. Also- free oil changes and tire rotations for a year.
    Traci
  • bixsterbixster Member Posts: 6
    Traci,

sounds like a beautiful vehicle. Am i right that you got 8800 off sticker, 20000 for your trade and 22,500 is what you will pay? Sounds like a great deal especially with the goodies thrown in. Can you tell me what the website is that i might find the Gmsupplier discount numbers? I am probably about 2 weeks or so away from buying and i am remaining hopeful that in the meantime, GM will offer something else to entice. Can i ask why you traded in the expedition? Just curious cause i am looking at an 04 and 05 in them, but wasnt blown away with the 04's noisy engine and a few other things that led me to the suburban and yukon xl.

Kevin
  • go8go8 Member Posts: 58
    Anyone know what suburban incentives are currently available? Anything special on a lease?

Go8
  • discipledisciple Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have any thoughts about the possibility that we will see the 72@0% financing in the near future?
  • betzjbbetzjb Member Posts: 1
    We currently have a 2wd 94 suburban with 190K on it. Runs great, but might be time to move on to a newer one. We are in the 2WD category(Just can't justify the additional cost of 4wd). A local dealer has been advertising 4wd 05s for 30K, so we went to look at a couple of their 2WDs. Not much to choose from, two with LS packages, and they started out with an offer of 33K(36K sticker). Not impressed, or interested in making a deal, anyway. They came back with a price of 30K, but it was hard to convince them that we were just looking, at this point(wife still wants to try a Pilot and Highlander). In looking at the chevy.com search for vehicles, I see that Florida is loaded with 2WDs. We'll be down there in mid June, and I am wondering if there is a possibility of a better deal down there. With the experiences of the previous posts, along with the significant number of vehicles on the lots, and the upcoming redesign(06?), I can't envision paying any more that 26K. Otherwise, we watch the old one roll to 200K.
  • randal1randal1 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if dealers are negotiating to prices below the "You pay what we pay" employee price. We're looking at a 2005 Suburban LT with the premium option package and the sun and sound entertainment system. The MSRP is $50,400 and the "You pay what we pay" price is $39,800. I'm wondering if they'll go below $39,800.

Randy
  • mastromastro Member Posts: 39
    Hi Randy. I'm in the same boat. I've got an '04 LT with all the bells and whistles and we already have put 40,000 miles on it. I started fishing around the dealership we got the truck at for their best deal with a trade. They said the employee deal was super but I told them that if every GM make and model has that deal, then they need to do better with the gas guzzling Suburban...esp. since a revitalized Suburban is due out soon. A friend in the auto parts business said he is hearing that GM is being very aggressive in moving up the new Suburban launch. He says we'll see the new '07 Suburban in early '06. So, I would definitely push hard for a better deal. I would go for below $35,000. Good luck.
  • randal1randal1 Member Posts: 2
    We couldn't get them down to $35k, but we're happy with the deal. They ended up adding second row bucket seats (a $490 dollar option), some pinstriping, 2 additional headphones, and $1000 dollars. So we ended up with a vehicle with a MSRP of $50,910 for $38,500. A great vehicle for what seems like a very reasonable price. Thanks for your help and good luck on your purchase.

Randy
  • mastromastro Member Posts: 39
    Good for you Randy. It sounds like you got a great deal. We're heading out on summer vacation in a few weeks and driving out to SC. So I figured I'd put a couple of thousand more miles and hope the great deals hold out through the summer.

Enjoy the Suburban, they're great vehicles.
  • rstamprstamp Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a '05 Suburban with 8000 miles. It's the LT package, loaded with everything (2nd row bucket seats, rear entertainment, nav. system, sunroof, etc.) The sales rep. says it lists (MSRP) new for $53000; he's priced it at $38000 with all the current incentives and "family price plan". Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal? I currently have a '03 Odyssey (which has been great) but could use some extra room and towing capacity. I haven't really looked at the Suburbans much so am trying to feel my way around here. I read that the '07s will be revamped so could that be a bargaining chip? Thanks for any input.
  • go8go8 Member Posts: 58
    You may want to check on Edmunds to see what the true mkt value is for the vehicle.

I'm probably stating the obvious, but Hondas are traditionally trouble-free. Suburbans are not. I have owned/leased 3 of them as I have 6 kids and need the space. I really enjoy the truck (roomy and comfortable ride), but I believe that the vehicle will require a lot of maintenance after the 36k warranty expires. My first one needed 2 transmission rebuilds within 20k mile both after the warranty period expired. The 2nd one, no problems but I got rid of it after 24k miles and leased the 3rd one. I plan on getting rid of this one when the lease expires and lease another one. I just wanted to let you know what you are getting into.

Go8
  • phildephilde Member Posts: 2
    hello out there..

i am looking to bu
    y a 1999 gmc 2500.. it has 150 thou on it . it looks and sounds good... any advice or things to look at..

thank... it will be my 1st suv sooooooooo..??
  • motoworfmotoworf Member Posts: 8
    Mine: Bought new in July 2003
    MSRP = $47,592 (does not include $815 Destination Charge)
    Discount = $9,561 (20%)
    Price = $38,031 (does not include $815 Destination Charge)

Based on what I paid back in 2003 and what I've read about prices in this forum, a 20-21% discount is a reasonable expectation.

And, remember to compare apples to apples. To determine your best deal, use MSRP discounted by a percentage. Do not include in MSRP items such as destination charge (differs based on where you take delivery), price you're offered for your trade-in (too variable), dealer add-ons (lots of mark-up here)and tax, title, license, processing fees,etc, etc. Instead...
    1) Apply a percentage off the MSRP (excluding the above items)
    2) Now, add in the other charges above to calculate your "out the door" cost.

And, never, never negotitate using monthly payments!!!
    Instead...
    a) Calculate your "out the door" price
    b) Determine your trade-in value
    c) Subtract b from a
    then
    1) Negotitate an APR for your note(after you've checked other finanacial institutions for their rates--dealers know what they are, so don't make one up).
    2) Determine the length of time your want to repay the note and what day of the month you want to pay--this will ultimately determine your monthly payment.
  • bwaltbwalt Member Posts: 1
    In Ohio, I'm looking at a new 2005 Suburban Z71 leftover on a dealer lot. I want to trade in my 2000 Suburban LT that I bought new.
    Is it possible to get the $8000 rebates AND the 0% Apr?
    Just curious if that is a bargaining chip I can present as a counter offer on this vehicle.
    Thanks
  • bourlabourla Member Posts: 5
    Hi, is this a good deal, got an offer from my local dealer for a suburban 2006 z71 with options, AG1 Seat Adjuster, 6-Way Power (Driver\'s Side)
    AJ1 Glass: Deep Tinted
    AJ7 Air Bags, Side-impact, Driver and R. Front Passenger
    AN3 Seats: Front, Full Feature Bucket
    AP9 Cargo Net
    AS3 Seat, Rear - Bench 3rd Row
    AT5 Seat Rear Center, Folding
    AU0 Keyless Entry, Remote
    B30 Floor Covering: Color Keyed Carpet with Floor Mats
    B39 Carpeting - Load Floor
    B58 Floor Mats Frt & Rr, Carpeted Insert
    B71 Wheel Flares
    C36 Auxiliary Rear Heater
    C49 Defogger, Rear Window, Electric
    C5Z GVW Rating 7200 Lbs
    CF5 Sun Roof, Electric Sliding
    CJ2 Climate Control, Electronic - Multi-zone
    DF5 Mirror I/S R/V-Lt Sens-Compass/Temp
    DL3 Mirrors, O/S Power, Heated, Pwr Folding, Turn Indicator
    DT4 Smoker\'s Package
    E52 Liftgate with Wiper/Washer
    FE9 Federal Emissions
    G80 Locking Differential, Rear
    GU6 Rear Axle, 3.42 Ratio
    JL4 Stabilitrak - Stability Control
    K34 Cruise Control
    K47 Air Cleaner, High Capacity
    KNP Transmission Cooling System
    NP8 Transfer Case, Electronic Push Button
    NZZ Skid Plate, Off-Road
    PCR Sun, Sound and Entertainment Package
    PDC Cargo Package
    QJP Tires: P265/70R17 BW OOR
    RYJ Cargo Shade, Retractable
    SAF Lock, Spare Tire
    U2K Satellite, XM Radio Digital Sound System (subscription)
    U42 Entertainment System, Rear Seat
    UC6 Radio, AM/FM Stereo, 6-disc CD, Bose speakers
    UE1 OnStar Communication System
    UK3 Redundant Radio Controls/Message Center-Steering Wheel
    UK6 Rear Seat Audio Control
    V43 Bumper: Painted Gray Rear Step
    V76 Recovery Hooks
    VZ3 Label, Mercury Disposal Notification
    YE9 Trim Level: Convenience Pkg Comfort & Decor
    Z71 Suspension Package: Off-Road
    Z82 Trailering Package
    ZM9 Convenience Package

offered to me for 39,990 plus tax and tags, or for 45,490 with 0% financing..thanks.
  • rypleryple Member Posts: 7
    I just got a 2006 z71 4x4 suburban with everything you listed plus NAV radio for $45,000 plus tax, tags, warranty, etc., less trade. (oh, not the $5000 rebate, but the 0.0% for 72 months) I had CarsDirect.com locate me a car with what I wanted and give me a price, then I called a local dealer and he matched/beat it by $200. I bought my last car with CarsDirect.com and loved them, but this time I liked the local sales kid better than the online guy. Oh well. Got to brace myself for the $684 payment, yikes!
  • thrill20thrill20 Member Posts: 1
    Have found some deals on base models 06 Suburbans. Since a lot of the leather ones are too tricked out for our budget, has anyone added leather to a cloth model? I was quoted $1,500 and a lifetime warranty for their after market guy vs. three years for factory leather. Sales guy also said the factory has their leather so tight that it wears quicker than after market.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • oniscusoniscus Member Posts: 10
    Just bought the 07 with

Sun roof
    Rear dvd
    DVD/nav/radio
    leather seats
    2nd row bucket
    3rd row bench
    remote start
    rear view camera and park assist
    bose prem speakers

msrp of $49,000
    got it for $45,000

not much discount
  • thegreatozthegreatoz Member Posts: 39
    NO DISCOUNT here in suburban Philadelphia (pun intended).

Today, I was "offered' full list, no discount, take-it-or-leave-it. Cash, no trade. All the options you listed, in an LTZ for $53,790.

I left it. Here's why, and it was a tough call.

Who at GM came up with the new second-row seats that flip up to block 50% of the doorway on each side? That means anything large (cargo, that is...not fat person) HAS to be loaded from the rear gate, rather than through the side doors.

I guess GM is trying to cater more to the passenger use rather than as a cargo carrier.

My 2004 Z71 Suburban has a flat cargo area from the liftgate to the front seats. Remove the 3rd seat, fold the second row bench down. Very sweet. Room for two 8' kayaks piggyback INSIDE and loads of gear. :wink:

Bottom line: I was totally bummed to have to pass the '07 up, even at full list. IMHO, at that price there is no need to give up so much utility space in exchange for all the great goodies GM has packed into the new model. Why not have both?

The salesperson said, "Take out the 2nd and 3rd row seats completely."

And then what? Furnish the kids' rooms with them?? Stuff the dangling heater wires and flipper wires under the carpet??

I'm hoping the 2008 goes back to fold-flat-and-away second row seats, but I'm not holding my breath.

Looks like the Suburban has shed its traditional dual role of utility AND passenger vehicle. :cry:
  • oniscusoniscus Member Posts: 10
    I'm in south jersey, bought mine at turnersville, why dont u just factory order one. mine was a factory order and got all the stuff except the heated washer fluid and power liftgate.
  • thegreatozthegreatoz Member Posts: 39
    Good suggestion...

Some of the options piggy-back 'must adds' to the sticker, but I'll sharpen my pencil and see if I can trim some of the window sticker fat.

:wink:
  • rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    You can add leather to the LS model either from the factory or at the time of sale. My dealer quoted me $1300 and said the shop they used did a better job and used better leather than the factory...and the warranty was better too. The ones I have seen locally all looked great.
  • rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    I just purchased an '06 Suburban, 4 x 4, Silver Birch, LS, with 14,000 miles on it...leather, and a ton of other options but no rear DVD or navigation. Came from the local Chev dealer and is "certified" with extra warranty, etc. The vehicle is flawless and can't be told from new....not a mark. I paid $29,900 plus tax and license. Was this a good deal?
  • rypleryple Member Posts: 7
    Well, we bought ours in (3/31) almost April. It already has almost 6,000 miles on it, we do have the Z71 off road package with almost every available option, (yes, DVD ent. and NAV, sunroof, etc.) but we paid $45,000. We got 0.0% financing, (yay!) but we've only made two payments. It could easily be argued that you got a better deal. (You could after market the NAV which we love having) So, when the finance incentives come out on the 07's , you could actually afford to benefit with your '06, we'll have to wait not to go broke on that deal......We'll prob. keep this 'till it dies..........
  • dcydcy Member Posts: 3
    4x4
    Sun roof
    roof rack crossbars
    leather seats
    wol tires
    3rd row bench
    remote start
    Park assist/adjustable pedals
    bose prem speakers
    locking differential
    xm radio