Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Suburban Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• doc20doc20 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at an 06 LS, 4wd, with 11k miles on it, GM certified used. Average equipment(no DVD, cloth interior)Carfax report says it was a rental for 6 months. Dealer asking 27,500 (or so).
    In Northern CA
    I've been trying to go through the other posts, seems like some folks have a few problems, but others are pretty happy with their trucks, right?
    any thoughts?
    thanks
  • rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    It was probably an Enterprise Rental car as many Chevy dealers have Enterprise franchises in the building. These vehicles are well taken car of....and the one you are considering is probably "certified" meaning that GM will extend the factory warranty as part of the deal. Take a look at the GM website and you'll see what they mean by "certified". They check out the certified units really well. $27,500 seems a bit high at this time of the season. I would offer them $23,000 and go up to $24,000. Make 'em an offer, you have nothing to lose. I have an '06 Suburban 4x4 with almost every option with the exception of Nav and DVD which I didn't want or need. I have owned it for 6 months and it has been perfect.
  • rypleryple Member Posts: 7
    I have an 06 z71 in silver birch. My friend said another silver birch suburban was not actually the same color. (I know this color looks very different in different lighting situations, but I couldn't convince her. (Never mind that I actually BOUGHT this car! She's an artist and she presumes to note an ACTUAL color difference.)
    So, anyway, I need some proof that silver birch is the only silver like color that these came in in this body style. I can't find online brochures for free, but I'd like to prove her wrong for free. Any willing helpers?
  • buypowermgrbuypowermgr Member Posts: 1
    I am an actual Chevrolet Dealer and Silver Birch is the ONLY Silver color available at all on the Tahoe Suburban from 2004 to 2007!
    Cool, thanks!
    It does occur to me though, that what if it was a 2002? or 2001? What color is storm grey?
    Correction. I've learned that the color in question is Light Pewter metallic. I've also learned that this can be a more gold hue. I HATE it when I'm WRONG!
  • nsgsalesnsgsales Member Posts: 1
    i bought a 2002 tahoe fully loaded (no sun roof no nav) it has 95000 miles but very blean one owner car.
    i paid 9900 plus about 600 tax. was that a good deal?
  • oscarb1oscarb1 Member Posts: 9
    Anybody recently purchase a stock 07 tahoe in socal dealers? Do those "one at this price" deals actually exist? Any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks!
  • rick103rick103 Member Posts: 1
    Newcomer here....

I wanting to buy a 1987 Chevrolet Van. It's a work van, body is in great shape but the engine is blown. I need to know what a fair price would be to buy it, but I have no idea who to turn to on here to find out.

Thanks for your help!

Rick ADams
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    A 20-yr-old van with a blown engine? Somewhere under $500.. Maybe $50?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• michml320michml320 Member Posts: 42
    So you're one of those responsible for keeping my mosted hated of vans on the street: The Chevy Astro. God I cannot stand those. All rusted out and usually driving..oh..20mph in a 50mph zone. Windshield cracked. Usually some older 20packperday smoking woman driving it. AWD prominently diplayed on the rusted tailgate. Nice. Someday those vans will all die I cannot wait for that day. Same goes for the Aerostars.
  • jay76jay76 Member Posts: 3
    I’m interested in buying 2007 Chevy Tahoe. In my search at one particular dealership the car salesman showed me a demo with 5,848 miles The Tahoe was equipped with LT3 package, power sunroof, rear DVD entertainment….MSRP aprox $44,840. The guy offer me 2000 below invoice (aprox 40,500) plus 10 cent a mile which is about 584…total offer price aprox 38,000. I wanted to know if this would be a good deal or I could negotiate a lot cheaper?

Thanks!
    Jay76 said: In my search at one particular dealership the car salesman showed me a demo with 5,848 miles

Thanks!
    Offer the dealer $35K. If they want to sell the vehicle they will take your offer. I don't think the $38K price is unfair, but you might as well try to buy the Tahoe at the lowest price. I think for $38K you could probably buy a brand new Tahoe if you shop around.
  • jay76jay76 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2007 LT3 Tahoe 5 miles for $38,000.00 TTL...is this good deal?
  • p26963p26963 Member Posts: 2
    I will be purchasing a new 2007 LT3 Tahoe for $1000 under invoice. Think I can do any better than that?
  • newsmannewsman Member Posts: 2
    I took a test drive and spoke to a dealer on a 2007 Suburban LTZ. I did not work out actual number with him, but he stated I could get a 36 month lease with 15k miles a year for $700 with no money down.

Is he puling my leg or is this price a possibility?

Are there any deals, incentives or dealer cash promotions running for the 2007 Suburban?

What would be the money factor and residual value on a this lease?
  • my3boys1my3boys1 Member Posts: 4
    I live in Md and would like to purchase a 2007 chevy suburban. I am interested in a new 2007 LT1 with dvd, sunroof, cloth seats and has 6,000 demo miles on it. The MSRP is $43990.00. I know that you never pay MSRP, but with the mileage I was wondering if you could tell me what would be a good price to negotiate them down to?
    Thanks
  • spylaspyla Member Posts: 5
    Demo 2007 Black suburban LTZ with 1550 miles, in Demo since August 24th

Additional options:

DVD navigation
    Rear Entertainment System
    Sunroof
    Reverse Camera

Dealer quoting a price of 42900 after all rebates, in Louisiana, good Price?
  • ottiotti Member Posts: 6
    2007 LT 4X4 Sunroof, Rear Entertainmnet, LT2 Package, Bose Speakers and Z71 Suspension Package.

MSRP 48,355 including $900 Destination Charge

Edmunds Invoice $43K
    Edmunds TMV $44K

Dealer Offer $ 38,500 + TTL (includes 3k rebate and 3K dealer incentive)

It sound pretty good to me. Am I missing anything?
    *** Picked it up today - final price 41900 + TTL - Gave me the best trade in price compared 4 other dealers ***

Demo 2007 Black suburban LTZ with 1550 miles, in Demo since August 24th

Additional options:

DVD navigation
    Rear Entertainment System
    Sunroof
    Reverse Camera
  • jestrsjestrs Member Posts: 4
    I have negotiated for an 08 Suburban 2WD LT3 with Z71 package, Sun, Entertainment, Destinations package and convenience package for $43,946 + TT&L. The vehicle is in the North Texas.

I have a trade in for $2700 and $800 cash down. The dealer quoted me on a 48 mo lease at 12K miles/year $643/month.

The only information I could get out of him is the residual is 52%. I am supposed to go back on Friday to pick it up.

Does this look right?

Thank you.
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    I am looking to buy a brand new, 2008 Sub, not demo. I will be buying a 4 x 4 (live in the snow) and probably pretty fully loaded. I am very flexible on color, options, etc.... How much below invoice should I be looking to pay? In addition to that should I ALSO be expecting a rebate? What kind of rebates and/or dealer incentives are there right now? Thank you for all your knowledge you can share!
  • carjugglercarjuggler Member Posts: 5
    I was wondering if anyone here has ever considered assuming someone elses lease instead of getting one on their own. I want out of my 2007 Suburban lease I got in March. It seems like lease assuming would be attractive to some but should I bother listing my 'burb on one of those lease trader websites?

I did negotiate a good deal but we have a baby on the way which was the reason for buying the 'burb but now we need something less expensive.
  • blkstangblkstang Member Posts: 5
    Hi I am shopping for a used 07 Sub-urban, I found an LTZ fully loaded - 20" Alluminium wheels, Sunroof - Electric Sliding, Nav & DVD. Except for power retractable assist steps. From a private party and it has full warranty.
    Is $37,000 reasonable ? If not can you guys please let me know what would be the best price?
    how old? how many miles?
    I forgot to mention it has 21,000 miles on it.
    when was it first registered? with the mileage you have only 15000 miles of warranty and depending on when it was first registered you have less time also.

I bought a 2007 LTZ loaded for 42000 +TTL in september 07 so you are saving $5000/- is 5000 worth less warranty?

I don't think so, but thats just me.

KBB used car value is betwenn 28000 - 33000
  • mcrandusmcrandus Member Posts: 3
    Please tell me the details. I have been looking. Is it 4 wheel? Does it have navigation, leather, etc. W?here is the car located
    Please let me know.
    Sounds a tad high to me. If you can find a '07 at a dealer lot (there are a ton out there) that has the equipment you want you will get a $5,000 rebate from GM and can get the car for $1,000 under invoice EASY. Thus, you could buy a car with a $43,000 invoice for $37k. Might not have everything but pretty much everything except nav and rear ent. Figure another couple grand you would have a BRAND NEW car with ZERO miles on it. I would go for a new one rather than buy someone else's used one.
    By example, here is a brand new 2007 I had emailed to me. 4x4, 20" wheels, leather, etc... Invoice is $45,700k so selling price will be about $39-40k.

Specifications
    Model Year: 2007
    Make: Chevrolet
    Model: CK10906 - Suburban: 1500 4WD
    Color1: 25U Dark Blue Metallic
    Color2: N/A
    Trim: 833 Dark/Light Titanium Leather Interior Trim
    Package: 1LZ LTZ Option Package
    Engine: LC9 Engine: 5.3L, V-8, Flex Fuel, SFI
    Trans: M30 Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
    Event Code: 5000 Vehicle delivered to dealer
    VIN: 1GNFK16327J235961
    Order #: KHBDS3
    MSRP: $49,460
    Order Type: TRE Retail Stock
    Age of Inventory: 419
    Stock Number:
    *DIP: 45724.35
    Other Options
    Other: 1SZ Option Package Discount
    AG1 Seat Adjuster, 6-Way Power (Driver\'s Side)
    AJ1 Glass: Deep Tinted
    AL4 Bucket Seats: 2nd Row
    AN3 Seats: Front, Full Feature Bucket
    AP3 Remote Start
    ARS Bench Seat: 2nd Row, Power Release
    AS3 Rear Seat, 3rd Row, Three Passenger
    ASF Head Curtain Side Airbag
    AU3 Power Door Locks
    B30 Floor Covering: Color Keyed Carpet with Floor Mats
    B39 Carpeting - Load Floor
    B58 Floor Mats Frt & Rr, Carpeted Insert
    B85 Moldings, Body Side, Black or Bright, Package Dependent
    BVE Assist Steps
    C36 Heater, Auxillary
    C49 Defogger, Rear Window, Electric
    C6C GVW Rating 7400 Lbs
    CE1 Rain Sense Wiper System
    CJ2 Climate Control, Electronic - Multi-zone
    DF5 Mirror I/S R/V-Lt Sens-Compass/Temp
    DK8 Deluxe Roof Console
    DL3 Mirrors, O/S Power, Heated, Pwr Folding, Turn Indicator
    E52 Liftgate with Wiper/Washer
    E61 Liftgate w/Liftglass - Power
    G69 Level Control - Auto Air
    G80 Locking Differential, Rear
    GT5 Rear Axle, 4.10 Ratio
    JF4 Pedals Adjustable, Power
    K34 Cruise Control
    KA6 Heated Seats: 2nd Row
    KNP Transmission Cooling System
    NC7 Federal Emissions Override
    NP5 Steering Wheel: Leather Wrapped
    NP8 Transfer Case: Electronic Push Button
    QSS Tires, P275/55R20, All Season, Blackwall
    RCS Wheels: 20 x 8.5 Aluminum Polished
    RYJ Cargo Shade, Retractable
    SAF Spare Tire Lock
    T96 Fog Lamps, Front
    U2K Satellite, XM Radio Digital Sound System (subscription)
    UD7 Rear Parking Assist
    UE1 OnStar Communication System
    UG1 Universal Home Remote
    UK3 Radio Controls: Steering Wheel
    UQA Speakers: Bose Premium System
    US9 Radio, AM/FM Stereo, Auto Tone, Multiple CD
    V54 Luggage Rack, Roof Mounted, Black
    V76 Recovery Hooks
    VGD Fascia, Front, Body Color
    VGE Fascia, Rear, Body Color
    VGK LTZ Sales Package
    VK3 License Plate Front Mounting Pkg
    XA7 Heated Washer Fluid
    YF5 California Emissions
    Z55 Suspension Package: Autoride
    ZVL Tire, Spare P265/70R17 BW ALS
    ZY1 Solid Paint Application
    Its in MD, and yes it has all the options(DVD,navi) except for a retractable running board.
    Thanks for your responses...Now I changed my mind and I will look for a new one
    What is your deal?
    What color is it. I just moved west from DC. You can send me an email and we can exchange phone numbers, or leave your number here, and I'll call you.
    thanks
    Michael
    What is your deal?
    What color is it. I just moved west from DC. You can send me an email and we can exchange phone numbers, or leave your number here, and I'll call you.
    thanks
    Michael
    If this is a double post sorry. I think that I responded to an incorrect thread.
    My Suburban is located in NJ. I just listed it on LeaseTrader dot com. It is the only one in NJ listed on that website. I am hoping for a miracle to unload this. It is a great truck but it is too expensive for us now. :(
  • sagelakesagelake Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking at buying a 2003-2004 Tahoe. Seeing as how its nearly December, when is the vehicle a year older regarding values - calendar year or model year ?
    Will the vehicle be cheaper in Jan or Feb as opposed to December. I found one private party with a 2004, 37000 miles for $19k.Seems like a decent deal but the local dealers are about the same with higher mileage 50-60k.

Thoughts and opinions ?
    The vehicle year is the one that counts...that and the mileage and the condition and options. If you can buy a better vehicle from a private party and save money go for it. But have it inspected by a qualified mechanic before you lay down the cash.
  • sampson464646sampson464646 Member Posts: 8
    I have received the following:

Fully Loaded 2 wheel Drive $46,900
    Fully Loaded 4 Wheel drve $48,900

Carmax has 4 wheen drive listed at $47,000

Anyone purchased from Carmax outside of Chicago or used that price to neogiate with a local dealer.

I'd like to find a Deal on a LTZ fully loaded 4x4 for under $46k.

Chevy going to announce any rebates soon?
  • occupant1occupant1 Member Posts: 412
    Last time I read the Houston newspaper I noticed that the vehicle sales price were several thousand lower than typical sale prices up here. For example, a local dealer has a basic white 2008 Suburban LS 1500 2WD, E85 iron block 5.3, 9-passenger, cloth interior, luggage cross bars, no other options, MSRP of $38425. The sale price after rebates and dealer discounts was $30995. A Houston dealer had a nearly similar vehicle listed, $250 higher MSRP ($38675) for a locking axle, same rebate, and the sale price was $28495. Why would there be a $2500 difference in price in only a 250 mile distance? $2750 if you count the locking axle.

Granted, I'd rather have a Yukon XL than a Suburban, but the price difference between the Suburban and Yukon XL is only a couple hundred. But if I could get the Suburban for almost $3000 less than a Yukon up here, that'd be worth it. Maybe I need to start calling Houston GMC dealers to get a rock bottom stripper special price quote on a Yukon XL, 9-passenger, no other options?
    Occupant1 said: Why would there be a $2500 difference in price in only a 250 mile distance? $2750 if you count the locking axle.
    Every dealer in every town sets their own price based on inventory, how badly they need some cash flow, factory incentives, etc. That's why it pays to shop around. Call the Houston GMC dealers and let them know about the low Suburban prices....see if they will match it or come close on a GMC.
  • ritebakaturitebakatu Member Posts: 2
    Don Brown Chevrolet, St. Louis, MO

Just bought a Gold 4WD Suburban with the 5.3L.
    Major options include:
    LT3 Equipment group
    Rear Seat Entertainment System (DVD player with wireless headphones)
    Power Sunroof
    Rear Differential
    2nd Row heated seats
    17" WOL tires

Sticker was $48,925
    Less:
    $2000 GM rebate
    $500 STL tradeshow rebate
    $1000 owner loyalty
    $3221 in GM card rebates (not exactly sure how this got so high or why they gave me more than the allowed rebate published on the gmcard website.)

Got them to agree to invoice pricing. When I got there, he had an invoice and said he had to add 2% for regional advertising. I would have put up a bigger stink about it, but this was what I was looking for and the loyalty rebate and the gmcard rebate would have changed after tomorrow.

Finance guy was a little bit of a hustler. Gave me a sheet to pick my payment and all choices contained a vehicle service contract tied to them. When I said I didn't want a service contract, he wrote a blank line on the contract and asked me to sign there to indicate I had been offered the service contracts, but declined them.

Walked out with a final price of $37,895.
    That is a sweet deal. I am never going to be able to unload (via lease transfer) my 2007 suburban lease with discounts like that.. unless people are like me and don't trust buying a chevy... I don't trust the reliability, that is why I leased, for that price though, I may just have bought it b/c mine has pretty much the same original sticker price.
  • gpd219gpd219 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for an 08 Z71 Suburban 4WD with second row buckets.

Has anybody ever used ezsource leasing or the lease outlet in S. California? They seem to have great prices.

Thanks for any information...
  • rick9194rick9194 Member Posts: 50
    Interested in Charlotte NC area info ... someone must be buying a Suburban ... info from anywhere would be helpful

Thanks
  • bwalukonisbwalukonis Member Posts: 16
    Not in nc area but in de. with 6000 rebate a fully loaded ltz cann be had foor about 10000 off sticker. i sell mine every 6 months and buy a new one so that is pretty current for pricing
  • irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    $11k off sticker is very real in any market....question is will incentives get better than $6k from GM....quite a few dealers with '08 inventories that need to be moved over next 60 days.....
  • fish2575fish2575 Member Posts: 23
    We have gotten quotes in Oregon. Dealers are straight out offering the vehicles at invoice which is in our case $10,400 off MSRP with the $6000 Cash Allowance. I am also wondering if deals will get better in the next few months. It is a gamble.
  • irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    what kind of GMAC rates were they offering with the full $6k in discounts? I cant get a clear answer whether the 2.9% for 60mos is available with the $6k in rebates....

im more concerned that as soon as i buy, the redemption allowances will go up or worse (better) they will lift the caps completely....also supply will get tighter and it will be harded to find the car that you want....i m pretty inflexible when it comes to color and most options - at a minimum i need artic silver with ebony leather with LT2 or LT3 and 2d row buckets. i can live with other stuff but not thrilled about another $2-3k in options like sunroof, RES, convenience etc....