Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Explorer Sport Trac (2007+)

123457»

Comments

• blksn8kblksn8k Member Posts: 36
    I wouldn't worry about the year-end rebates. Incentives are different for each area but for the most part they did not really change after 1/2/07. Where the money comes from might be different but the totals are probably very close. For example, in my area (NE Ohio) prior to 1/3/07 there was a $500 cash back offer plus a $1000 year-end bonus. Beginning 1/3/07 there is now $1500 cash back. The total rebate has been $1500 almost from the beginning of production. They just keep shuffling the sources. Ford Credit rates have changed from time to time and they are actually better now than they were before 1/3/07. Again, in my area, they went from a low of 1.9% for 36 mons to 0.9% for 36. You cannot combine the cash back and low interest, you have to choose one or the other.
  • mi2tracmi2trac Member Posts: 5
    Left a post on the site you spoke of, to see where the Sport Trac is. The VIN is about 35 from yours.

Those are some real good interest rates.

Thanks for your help.
    You're welcome.
    Just out of curiosity, what color did you order?
    Mine is a 4x4 Limited V-8 in Alloy (Carbon) with the Dark Charcoal leather interior. Looks like ours were built about a day apart. Mine only has to travel from Kentucky to Ohio so I hope it gets here soon. Unfortunately, I think the plant is down again this week so I don't know how that might impact trucks built last week.
    Sounds much like your Sport Trac, except color is Dark Stone and Tan Leather. Here's to hoping that shipping will take place even though production is down. Mine has to ship to Michigan.

Thanks Again.
  • focusthisfocusthis Member Posts: 1
    fsmmcsi,

Hello from Norfolk, VA! I'm beating my head against a wall trying to find stereo wiring codes/diagrams for an '07 Explorer XLT. I will take delivery of one as a company vehicle, and would like to add a powered Bazooka tube. The sub accepts line level and speaker level (reccomended) inputs. Do you suppose the diagrams for the '06 are worth looking at? My hope is that the XLT is prewired for the optional Audiophile package and subwoofer. I suppose I could just root around the back for those wires and connect the sub rather easily. If not prewired, I could at least discover where the harness for the rear speakers is located, and tap into the correct wires. If all else fails, then it's time to open the dashboard!

Any thoughts? Can you point me elsewhere? Is there a Chilton's out for the '07 that would help?

It's comforting to have come across your post. At least now I'm on the right track. Thank you for your time.

Andy
  • fsmmcsifsmmcsi Member Posts: 792
    My 2006 Explorer (not Sport-Trac) Eddie Bauer does not have the Audiophile system and did not come with wiring for the sub-woofer. Why don't you just order the wiring diagram manual?
  • lloydclloydc Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

New to the forum. I take delivery of my new 2007 Sport Trac 4wd with the 4.6 engine on Wednesday. Test drove it today and loved the ride.

Question. The dealer folded down the rear seat but it didn't appear to lay flat. He stated that it may have to slide forward further. Does the rear seat fold flat?

I've read most of the forum inputs and find it amusing that the only thing I found difficult during the test drive was closing the front doors because of the location of the interior handles. This particular car has been on the lot since early summer. Then I read the forum and the Job 2 solution. Oh well, not a show stopper but you have to wonder who tested the ergonomics of that design decision?

I'm excited to take delivery this week and will continue to rely on this forum's expertise to help me upgrade some items.
    lloydc, check out www.mysporttrac.com . The folks there are dedicated Trac nuts. They will help you with any questions you may have.
  • jal57jal57 Member Posts: 2
  • jal57jal57 Member Posts: 2
    THINKING ABOUT GETTING A SPORTS TRAC. BUT WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM REAL PEOPLE ABOUT ITS PERFORMANCE IN TOWN AND OFF ROAD CAPABILTIES. HOW IS THE GAS MILEAGE LIKE? WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT OF ITS PERFORMANCE AND CARE.
  • mikerkmikerk Member Posts: 3
    has anyone heard of orange frost metallic being available?
    will this be available in 2007? awesome looking.
    the color you identify is listed in the sales literature.
    i know the color is listed, but i have not seen any,or located any. so i'm wondering if they are painting any vehicles that color.
  • felixdacat13felixdacat13 Member Posts: 25
    Got this off Motortrend...

2008 Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin: A year after the second-generation Sport Trac is introduced, Ford will launched a high-performance SVT version dubbed Adrenalin. This special model variant gets a supercharged 4.6-liter 32-valve V-8, six-speed automatic, all-wheel-drive, and unlike the new SVT Shelby Mustang 500, independent rear suspension. The blown 4.6 makes 390 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque in the Explorer-based truck. SVT tunes the shocks and springs, and the Adrenalin gets larger front- and rear-stabilizer bars and 295/45R21 tires. SVT says the Adrenalin will match or better the last F-150 Lightning for performance. The last Lightning Motor Trend tested did 0-60 mph in 5.1 seconds. It's scheduled for mid-2007 release.

Hopefully, someone can confirm. It would also be nice to get some pricing information.
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    The Adrenalin was dropped as part of the way forward plan.

Mark.
  • felixdacat13felixdacat13 Member Posts: 25
    Yes the '2007' Adrenalin was dropped. Most of the internet information concerns that model year. But this was the first time that '2008' was mentioned, and it was from Motortrend.
  • robrv21robrv21 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I have a 2007 Sport Trac and started it up the other day to go to work and noticed the check engine light and Advance Trac light was on. I hooked up an ODB scanner and it said the engine temperature was reading high. When I popped the hood the first thing I saw was bread and beef jerky on the engine block!!!! I then noticed some critter droppings and finally the numerous amount of wire bundles that had been chewed through!!!! I can't believe this. It is covered under my comprehensive insurance but who's to say they won't come back? I have read that I will need to clean the engine with 50% pine oil and pressure washer. I am also concerned as to whether or not they may still be hiding in the vehicle vents or what not. I have began the rat removal process around my home. Has this ever happened to anyone and does anyone have some good information for me on this one? Oh, by the way, the company fixing the vehicle cannot determine why the Advance Trac light is on. They say that when they hook it up to the diagnostics it tells them that "trac light error due to external node" I'm sure it's probably some sensor wire that they just haven't noticed that the rats have dug into but if any of you have any knowledge of this please respond. Thanks!

Rob :sick:
  • dasboy97dasboy97 Member Posts: 1
    Help! Looking for VIN # from 2007 Ford sport track for door side molding.
    Thank you Allan
  • scochranscochran Member Posts: 2
    yes i own that color
  • scochranscochran Member Posts: 2
    does anyone know where to buy a chrome fuel door cover,chrome headlight cover,chrome tail light covers,chrome 3rd light cover?

sherry
  • 3rddan3rddan Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Sport Trac 4.0 eng. What can I do to increase the gas mileage? Everytime I come to a small hill the gas mileage falls off. It seems the truck is under powered! :(:(
  • elttaeselttaes Member Posts: 1
    Hi Sport Trac owners. I am new to this site and want to just say hi to everyone and hope to learn a few things. Has anyone bought a new 2008 Sport Trac? What is the big difference between the 2007 Sport Trac and the 2008? Appreciate any help.
    Thanks, Seattle JM
  • bengierobengiero Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: Hi, 'sport trackers':
    Anyone knows where to buy chrome gas door / chrome third brake light / chrome tail light bezel / chrome bug shield, double (split) stainless steel exhaust, headers, and elliptical roof rack crossbars for my new 2008 Limited, 4.0 L, V-6, 2 wheel drive Soprt Trac? I am exhausted and frustrated with the empty-output search.
    By the way, with just 800 miles run, this brand new 2008 Sport Trac is at the Dealer's service department with a defective power steering unit. Unbelievable!
    Thank you all in advance for any help. It's the first time ever I post something on a Forum.
  • dont3dont3 Member Posts: 2
    I have an 07 Limited with the V8 and 18" tires that is loaded and now that i hit 28K miles the Michelins are nearly bald. Problem is you have to buy same size tires. The options out there are pretty lame to say the least. None of the major suppliers make a decent agressive tread for all terrain use. Any suggestions? I dont want to invest in a lift kit, just some good solid rugged tires that give me good grip in all weather and off road. The Michelins were OK in loose snow, lame in mud and really bad in hard packed snow.
  • suvgirl2suvgirl2 Member Posts: 1
    Does any one know if there is a way to find out the actual dealer cost for the Tonneau cover that is available as an option on the 08 Sport Trac. I was promised one at dealer cost (in writing) when I purchased the vehicle. The price they quoted me over the phone is $1178. I went down to the local dealer and was quoted the same price. I think they are trying to make some money back since I was able to get such a good deal.

I was also offered a cover off another Sport Trac they had on their used lot, priced at $600. I am trying to make sure I'm not getting ripped off.
    Right now on the 09 Sport Trac you can add the cover for $595 when you build your own on the ford website.
  • sandrukosandruko Member Posts: 3
    hi! friend ..
    you know that you shop for your parts you need sportrack 2007.
    I want to buy accessories for sportrack.! please let me know
    greetings! :)

sandrocamacho1@gmail.com
  • sandrukosandruko Member Posts: 3
    en español
    alguien tiene direcciones o tiendas donde vendan piezas cromadas par ford explorer sportrack 2007-2009 por favor respuestas al e-mail;
    sandrocamacho1@gmail.com
    saludos desde Ecuador :D:D:D
  • mosquito3mosquito3 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007 Sport Trac with a class II hitch that is part of the frame. How do I remove/change or modify it so I can put a class III/IV hitch on?
  • bobjogbobjog Member Posts: 1
    I am in the same situation. There is one that can be bolted underneath the 1 1/4" receiver for $932.00. Other than that, a Ford dealer will cut out the old and weld on the class III, about $1,800. by the time you get done. Please let me know what you find out. Bob
  • maxy2maxy2 Member Posts: 10
    Proud owner of a 2004 Sport Trac. 66600 miles and the only problem I've encountered is when the steering wheel is turned to extreme left side. It makes a popping noise.

I Love my Sport Trac.
  • tylernd45tylernd45 Member Posts: 6
    I'm new to the forum and I'm glad i found this. I don't know much about trucks or cars but i'm trying to get to where I can do most of the maintenance myself.

Gas millage- how can i improve the gas mileage on my truck?

Whats the recommended maintenance for an '07 sport trac with 30,000+ miles?

Thanks
    I have the same problem, I have a 2007 sport trac and noticed about 6 mo ago. I was rear-ended and thought that was the cause but i assume its not. Any info on this please keep me posted
    Anyone know a website where I can find accessories for my sport trac? ei-bed cover, bed extender.
  • baragonabaragona Member Posts: 2
    For 2008, Ford fixed the "inside front door grip" issue that was in the 2007 model Sport Trac.
  • sheri11sheri11 Member Posts: 1
    The fan comes on as soon as I start my sport trac and will not go off. It has done this once before - lasted about 2 weeks and then stopped. Anyone else have this and if so, what can be done?
    I own a 2007 sport trac, I just noticed the brakes squealing and I installed new brake pads. First timer and it worked out great. fluids look good, I haven't done much else to my truck and was wondering what else is recommended at the 40,000 + mile mark? Any other standard reconditioning? For the first time with my vehicle I am trying to A.) learn how to do it myself and B.) stay ahead of the game and repair before it breaks.
    There is a noise coming from the engine area of my sport trac. It seems like its coming from the fan belt but I can't tell. I'm pushing 50,000miles and have been doing as much up-keep as possible and she sounds like a high school beater. Any help would be much appreciated!
  • shawnj985shawnj985 Member Posts: 1
    My 2007 Explorer Sportrac's temperature gauge has started spiking from normal temperature range to high level for about 5 or 6 seconds then slowing drop back down. And so far, it will stay that way until the duration of my trip.

It seemed to start doing this when we (Milwaukee resident) got temperatures in the -10 to 10 range. But I noticed yesterday when it was in the low 30s, it did the same thing.

I forgot to mentioned that when it first started doing this it was in the minuses, the red temp. light stayed on for about 10 seconds then turned off.
  • maxadynemaxadyne Member Posts: 1
    Don't know if u found your problem yet; but my 09 Sport Track right tire tread would rub on the inner plastic fender wheel well shield while backing out the drive way when full left turn lock.