Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang (2005 & newer) Problems and Solutions

Comments

• m1miatam1miata Member Posts: 4,551
    From what I am seeing here in the way of problem areas, is it safe to say the best Mustang for reliability is the 2004 model, or older? I realize the improvements for handling, and in some, but perhaps not all ways in styling, but what about every day rock solid no problems driving?

Loren
  • yannickyannick Member Posts: 17
    Loren-

Ford had to work out the kinks in 2005 - if you notice, most of the problems with the cars here are with the 2005, not the 2006.

I am willing to bet that the 2006 will be improved. I hope so. I have one ordered!
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Member Posts: 317
    The GT '05 and '06 are exactly the same car, nothing at all, nothing changed. Only difference in '06 is an added exterior color and optional 18" wheels.

Interesting, it takes 8-12 weeks to get a GT on order, 4 weeks to get a Vette C6 -- difference in price about $24k.
  • sonicblucrisissonicblucrisis Member Posts: 52
    From what I am seeing here in the way of problem areas, is it safe to say the best Mustang for reliability is the 2004 model, or older? I realize the improvements for handling, and in some, but perhaps not all ways in styling, but what about every day rock solid no problems driving?

I have owned an '05 GT convertible since July, no problems with fueling, vibration, reliability, batteries, starting, or whatever. Over 5,000 trouble free miles.
    With what; almost 200,000 cars built, I only see a few dozen different complaints on this thread. Look back to the beginning of this thread, and count the individual complaints. Not all that many, and 80% covered by TSB's. Does that make the Mustang unreliable? Any new model designed from the ground up is going to have first year bugs, and the Mustang was no exception. My personal experience is a good one, and that there are so few complaints in general bodes well for the Mustang, and hopefully for Ford as well. Are you better off waiting on ANY new car introduction? Of course! I couldn't wait, myself, and I would have put up with even a couple known issues to be the "First on the Block" this time around
  • ipesqipesq Member Posts: 1
    :mad: I just got my '06 and, while I am in love with te performance of the car, the 6-CD changer is pissing me off to no end. The changer drops out momentarily at the end of every track as the timer resets to 000. While this is not an issue with most studio CDs, I listen to a lot of live stuff and it is very annoying to have the end of a song go blank (with the crowd noise momentarily muted) and even worse when a song has multiple tracks (try listening to Celebration of the Lizard with a muted portion between every part). Reminds me of the track changes in an 8-track unit.

I took it to the dealer and was told it is due to the MP3 software. Now, I am a dinausaur ... got rid of 8-tracks, but would have a turntable in the front seat if I could ... so I have no use to MP3's or iPods and the like. When I told them I wanted the MP3 software disabled, they claimed it could not be done. We are at war as I write this, my having demanded an adequate fix. My $1000 system has got to perform better than my 4 year old's $50 boombox, which plays Celebration of the Lizard quite well, thank you.

I will do the A/B test to see if that lends any clue to the possible fix.
  • m1miatam1miata Member Posts: 4,551
    Thanks everyone for the posts on how you like the Mustang for '05-06. Looks like there are as many pleased with the purchase overall, as those with major problems. May consider one some day. Would be interesting to test the '04GT and an '05 on the same day to see how the two compare. From reading posts on Mustang websites, it seems some people miss the old 5.0 engine. The sound is said to be the best, and it is an easier to work on or modify engine. Well that is what is said, though I am no mechanic. I guess it is time to move on, and buy the latest, although I still like a couple or so things about the '04 and old models. From the reviews, it appears the Mustang is now rated as a best ever Stang. Well, I am sure some collectors will disagree, but as an everyday drivers car, for fun and practical - best ever rating will hold based on the numbers. Yea, life is more than numbers.

Loren
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Would be interesting to test the '04GT and an '05 on the same day to see how the two compare.

They don't compare. I owned a '99 GT and, believe me, the differences are astronomical! After driving them, you will DEFINITELY want the '05. Not that the '04 is a bad car, because it isn't. It's just that the '05 feels (and is) so much better.
  • ZorbasZorbas Member Posts: 9
    tayl0rd, I have owned 3 mustangs to date, and let me tell you... the new 05 body style is just a touring car. no longer a sports car. The three mustangs i have owned:
    1) 1996 cobra
    2) 2004 mach1
    3) 2005 GT
    of these cars, these are my thoughts...
    the cobras are faster not to mention handle better than the mach1's, but ONLY if you put serious money into them, im not talking petty cash either, i mean SERIOUS money! i dropped around 15G's on that baby, and it was mean!
    -out of the gate, the mach1 is a VERY well balanced sports car, the only downfall are the stock rims and tires, and a few miscalcuations on fords part with the suspension (all of which can be solved for under 1,500).
    -the new 05 gt is nice... but thats about it... i wouldnt be racing it anytime soon though... out the gate, i have taken it to 130+ for a long enough distance that it has major issues, not to mention ONE VERY FATAL FLAW... something that I cant believe ford overlooked... and that is... with normal sports cars you have weight transfer from front to rear with your initial acceleration, and with that weight transfer you create a downdraft... that holds your car down... so you dont loose control... well... the 05 gt has uplift.... and yes that is super fatal flaw, i dont care how much money you put into the suspension making it tighter, faster, easier to control, you cant fix that flaw.
    ...these are my thoughts...
  • sweetmustang05sweetmustang05 Member Posts: 8
    Hi I was Wondering if anybody knows what this problem is or have had it with there new 2005 mustang?, I was driving down the road about a week ago in my mustang gt automatic,and this annoying clunking noise started in in the front of my mustang while pulling in driveways and going over real bumpy bumps in the road, sounds like a clunking noise like the shocks or something like that i haven't had time to go to the dealer yet but am (asap) sounds like the sound has progressed, someone please help if anyone has had this or knows what it is respond to me please thank you and have a happy holiday.
    if you find out. be sure to let me know...
  • albeenoalbeeno Member Posts: 3
    I, too, had owned a `99 GT and as of November 19th I am the proud new owner of an `05 GT. There is absolutely NO comparison in my opinion. The `05 is by far the superior vehicle from the ground up, A - Z, front to back, etc.
    lol read my post albeeno,
    i compared my previous mach1 and cobra to the new gt ,i didnt own an old gt
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    I think that he was replying to tayl0rd......

BTW - why would one compare a stock '05 GT to a '99 Cobra (w/ $15k worth of mods) and a Mach I (with $1500 worth of suspension mods) and then complain about a perceived handling issue on the stock '05?

"with normal sports cars you have weight transfer from front to rear with your initial acceleration, and with that weight transfer you create a downdraft... that holds your car down... so you dont loose control... well... the 05 gt has uplift...."

:confuse:

I'm also curious to know how weight transfer on initial acceleration causes downdraft? (This sounds like an aerodynamic phenomenon).

Uplift due to weight transfer??? Are you complaining that the rear-end squats too much and the nose comes up when accelerating from a standstill? Or are you trying to describe front-end lift due to high speed (130mph) aero problems? Honestly, I can't picture what you are trying to describe. :confuse:
  • rays05rays05 Member Posts: 1
    Read your manual!!!!! "Baby" it for 500 miles, anyway
  • sweetmustang05sweetmustang05 Member Posts: 8
    Hi I was wondering witch one is louder and better, a H-pipe or an X-pipe? please respond please and let me know someone thank you ;) .
  • nogtyetnogtyet Member Posts: 11
    Finally got my GT after waiting almost 6 mos. Took it out for the second time, and it leaves me stranded: 130.6 miles on it! Starts but dies after 1-2 seconds. Dealer (not where I bought) runs diagnostics and sez processor is bad. New one has to come from vendor. Anyone know who the vendor is? Johnson Controls? Ford's been great, dealers have been great, but when I find out who made brain ...
  • pumpkinfishpumpkinfish Member Posts: 61
    Does it sound like a thud in the dash? If so, there are a bunch of people I have read that have this, as well as I do too. It has been narrowed down to a plug or something behind the dash that moves when you hit a bump. I didn't have the noise in the summer, but once it started getting cold it got worse. I keep forgetting to take off glove box door to research it further.
  • pumpkinfishpumpkinfish Member Posts: 61
    Neither. What makes it louder is removing cats or putting on high-flow cats. The x will be smoother sounding like NASCAR cars and have a slightly better power curve. The h is more like the old muscle car sound. I personally like the h with long tube headers and no cats. Unfortunately I live in an emissions county so I need cats. I went with shorty headaers and the factory h pipe with Bassani mufflers. It is loud when I get on it, but not as loud as high flow cats or no cats.
  • dogonedogone Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know of Raised White Letter tires that will fit the 2005 GT's stock wheels? I'm dying to put a set on my car. If not, anyone have any suggestions?
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Member Posts: 317
    Zorbas (message 824),

Thanks for the heads-up. Next time I drive my GT Premium to the mall at 130 mph, I'll be sure to put some bricks in the trunk. ;)
  • pnygrlpnygrl Member Posts: 2
    Looking for guidance, help and/or similar problems w/ Mustange conv top. Bought my "dream car" June this summer. From mid july to september my baby was in the shop 2 out of the 3 mths I owned it. The top malfunctioned & was told manufacturers defect. They would have to redesign framework which they did. It now comes down and goes up perfectly but the vinyl they replaced on it does not fit the framework as perfectly as it did when I purchased my car. They can adjust it & make it look good I'm told but as soon as the top goes down & back up the vinyl is crooked and lots of metal & rubber are showing around windows. It does not leak unless water sprayed at it from the side in carwash. Straightline rain does not leak. I just want my car to look as nice as it did when I bought it. What do I do or what has others done who may be experiencing same problem. Help, please!
    Sorry to hear about your convertible problem. IF the dealership can't do better than that, try the Zone office for resolution. Maybe they can refer you to a dealership that can actually repair the problem. Finally, if you've had the car in three or so times and that's the "best they can do", it might be time to invoke the Lemon Law. Then you can get a new one without the defect. If memory serves me, this is only the second convertible problem I've seen on this site, and the only one like you describe. I definitely haven't had that problem.
    Finally, the top shouldn't leak under ANY circumstances, so there is obviously something drastically wrong here
    Good luck
    I agree with your response, rorr. It doesn't make any sense. There is no car that I know of in the world that makes "down draft" on initial acceleration except for Top Fuel dragsters and such. Every car whether it's a sports car or family hauler, FWD or RWD transfers weight to the rear on initial acceleration. That's just simple physics.

I think what Zorbas is complaining about is front end lift at superlegal speeds. I haven't experienced any lift problems with mine, but I haven't run it up to 130MPH either, yet. And I've lowered my suspension.

Handling-wise, it's been printed in a few publications and official Ford press releases that the '05 Mustang handles BETTER than the outgoing Cobra. Why someone would compare a stock car's handling to one with $15K in suspension mods is beyond me. How do you spend $15K in suspension pieces on a Mustang, anyway?? :confuse: The supply of Mustang suspension parts is so plentiful that you can get a killer setup for under $3K, including installation.

I think Zorbas got ahold of some very erroneous information regarding vehicle dynamics and acceleration. No offense, Zorbas.
  • pnygrlpnygrl Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the response. I'm assuming the zone office is the same as district office. Someone from district looked at it, agreed there is a problem but he said the problem now is only cosmetic and that Ford will do nothing for appearance therefore it does not qualify for the lemon law. He was only concerned also about rain leaking in. He said if he leaks in carwash that is normal. He did offer me an extended warranty at no charge to me for my time and frustration. All I want is for my car to look like it did when I purchased it. The dealership has not been doing the service work themselves, they have a contract w/a local convertible company. I did call 800 # for Ford service problems and they refered me back to the dealership from which I purchased the car. At the time my top malfunctioned there were 4 others from the same dealership that did the same thing. 2 were on the lot and 3 had been purchased including mine. I've been told the other 2 purchasers have not complained therefore they will do nothing about mine.
  • mbrinckerhoffmbrinckerhoff Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem. I took it to my dealer and was told that there was service bulletin on it. I forgot what they replaced, but mine does not make that noise anymore.
  • emberglow66emberglow66 Member Posts: 3
    Have a Mustang GT Convert on order (sadly since August) but am considering having the dealer install one of the Ford Racing performance packs for the Mustang when it arrives. Anyone have experience (positive or negative) with this upgrade?

Thanks
  • 2005conv2005conv Member Posts: 2
    It's Ford TSB 05-9-11

Strut bearing replacements on Mustang built before 4/8/2005, some older builds need additional.

You should be able to find that TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) with a web search.

Quick easy fix, they may have to order the parts.
  • tko211tko211 Member Posts: 4
    Guys-

I am new here, I just came upon this forum and I think I could use some help...
    I own a 2006 V6 pony package Mustang (it is a manual). I love this car! But it has one strange problem.

When I have more than one or two people in the car it will make a strange noise... almost like a higher pitched grinding noise. It sounds like it comes from the just below the shifter. Passengers in the back also claim to hear a similar sound coming from the back of the car. It is an intermident sound that happens most frequently when there is over 100lbs. of wehight in the back of the car. I swear it had something to do with the suspension but what could it be?

has anyone encountered this? I am just hoping to have more information when I take her back in to the dealership. This noise is so embarrassing when I have people in the car and they think it is all new and Bad A** till it makes this silly noise like it is grinding on something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Is this an automatic or manual? It sounds like the driveline is being "stressed" when you have a bunch of people in it. It's not necessarily a problem, per se. It's just that the car is so new and the driveline hasn't had a chance to get "seated" all the way before you started piling in your friends. I imagine if you keep hauling around a bunch of folks that the noise will eventually go away has everything wears into place. Problem is, when you don't have a bunch of extra ballast in the car, you might start hearing a bunch of clunking noises as the driveline will be too loose.
    My V6 pony is a manual. I read through the older posts and noticed other people had mentioed something about warped drive lines... could it be that mine is warped slightly enough that it goes unnoticed with only the driver in the car and only makes itself know with more weight?

I had kinda hoped that use of the car would eventually "break in" but it has been 6000 miles now? However... those 6000 miles have mostly been with just me and my wife? Who knows. This noise is just so weird that I doubt this is the way it should perform normally. Had I heard this on the test drive, I would have broke my heart and made me re-consider the purchase. I just love this car so much it kills me to even think ill of it.
    Just take it back to the dealer and have them check it out. I'm sure it's nothing serious.
  • dodgeram51dodgeram51 Member Posts: 1
    I was all set to buy a silver GT convertible at 2000.00
    off sticker when i began reading of all the problems the
    this car has been having-fuel nozzle,dashboard rattles,
    etc.I decided to drive a Solara convertible and was amazed
    at the quality of this car,esp. the interior.I am not crazy about the style but i am seriously considering this
    car along with the Mustang.The prices are similar and the
    Mustang is faster.The Solaro has more std eqpt.Any help i could get on making the right choice would be appreciated.
    Wow! If you're even comparing the Mustang GT to a Solara, just get the Solara because performance is definitely not what you're looking for, but it seems fit and finish is. :sick: And the fit and finish is great on this Mustang. A few of the materials used leaves something to be desired, but it's not bad at all. And the Mustang GT isn't about dash stroking, it's about tire smoking.

The gas tank issue was on the early production '05s. There have been a small few with the '06 that claim to have the gas fill issue, but I wonder... A dashboard rattle is not a "problem." There has been only one "problem" with the new Mustang. The gas fill issue, it's more an "inconvenience" than a problem. And of course you're going to read about problems with the car in the "Problems & Solutions" board. That's what it's for. You need to go over to the regular board and read all the comments from the other 97% of us who are ecstatic about our Mustangs. :shades:
  • tazz378tazz378 Member Posts: 2
    My oil pressure gauge didn't work when I bought my 2006 Mustang. The dealership checked the sending unit, the gauge, one of the wire connections that ford told them to check, and they thought one of the wires was missing from the factory. But after three days they said that they had to reprogram the computer. Two weeks later my oil pressure gauge is at the high mark, had to take back to the dealership again. Anyone else having the same problem? :confuse:
    Hmm... Sounds like they simply reversed the wires and now instead of reading low/not reading, it's reading high. It's either a bad sending unit or a bad voltage regulator for the guage. Did it work properly at all during those two weeks in the middle? Are you getting any oil pressure warnings in your message center?

Take it to another dealer.
  • tazz378tazz378 Member Posts: 2
    I think it worked, it was in the middle some days and some days it was a little bit higher then the middle. The system check says the oil pressure is ok, there is no knocking from the motor, and oil level is ok. No warning from the message center.
  • 1mack1mack Member Posts: 3
    I own a 2005 V6 stang with the 5 speed manual tranny too. I have experienced this noise since I purchased the car new in september. I have taken it to the dealership and the proclaimed that the exaust heat shield was the problem. So they replaced it and with no luck it still makes the same noise. I to also notice that the noise is more pronounced with someone else in car with me. Will go back the dealership soon to try to pinpoint the noise.

1mack
  • 1mack1mack Member Posts: 3
    I also have an 05 V6 that make the same noise-sounds like the suspension is loose.
  • islander8islander8 Member Posts: 2
    I have a similar problem with my '05 GT to one discussed by a number of people - complete electrical failure for no apparent reason, now for the second time in 2 months. I took delivery at the end of Mar 05 and it has a build date of Feb 23. I drive it as a second vehicle on an occasional basis (1 - 2 times a week - it's now at 2000 miles)and it's parked outdoors. First time it happened at the end of Oct (at 1700 miles), the car had not been driven for 5 days, I went to open the door with the keyfob, no reaction, tried to start, and only got a clicking sound from the dash. Although it's not completely dead, all accessories are dead - not even enough juice for the clock. After it was successfully jump-started on the first attempt by a Ford emergency service-contracted driver, I drove immediately to the dealer. They followed their prescribed system checks and found no computer error codes, battery drain test showed .009 amps, and the battery tested good. No cause was found, and I was sent home with the distinct "vibe" that I must have done something wrong. They told me to have it towed in if it happens again so they can check it out before trying to jump-start it. Now it's happened again, this time after sitting for 4 days. Same syptoms. I'm having it towed in tomorrow. There are a couple of interesting common things about when it happened: Both times were just after we had a day of severe wind and rain, and both times, the driver's window was down about half an inch, as if the auto-adjust feature had been doing something on its own....I have also had the same problem others have noted with the driver's window, where it intermittently drops to the bottom of the door with a clunck when I push the window button auto-down. I will certainly have them deal with the window issue, in case it's related to the electrical failure. I have had no other problems, electrical or otherwise, with the car. I absolutely love driving my GT and just find it a bit dismaying to have an otherwise great experience damaged by the feeling that I can't trust my car not to break down on me - like out in the rain or on a long vacation trip....Has there been any indication of a solid fix to this problem by anyone??
  • islander8islander8 Member Posts: 2
    After submitting my post on electrical failure this morning, I checked my car. I had the failure on Saturday, and now, on Monday, there is absolutely no juice at all - the little that it had, causing the clicking sound from the dash when I attempted to start it on Saturday, is now gone.....I'm still having it towed to the dealer tomorrow, so at least they'll have a completely dead car to check out.
    Sorry for the delay, I've been out of town.
    The response for ongoing problems with Ford is like a chain of command thing. If the local "district" office doesn't do it, go to the next level. Everyone you've talked to so far reports to someone, and you keep climbing the ladder you will eventually get to someone who won't blow smoke.
    You said in your original post that when you put the top up there is metal exposed around the windows? Take a picture, e-mail it to Bill Ford Jr, and ask him if he would like it passed around the 'net. Of course, that's over the top, but you get my drift.
    You're dealership's comment about 4 other convertibles with the same problems is the oldest one in the book. "Oh yeah, they all do that, you're the only one complaining, so YOU must have the problem!" They're feeding you a lie, sorry to say
    But it gets worse;
    As far as car wash water pressure getting in the car, B**l S**T !! If a car wash can force water into a car (convertible or not) what will driving down a rain soaked road at 60 or 70 do? I've washed my '05 convertible numerous times and never seen a drop go inside!
    Tell your dealer's service manager I said he's a liar, and would be glad to say it to his face.
    OK,OK, so I'm a little angry. I get pissed when a good product is maligned by the very dealers who are supposed to support and market the product. There's a Group on Edmunds titled "What will it take for consumers to buy American Brands?" What do you suppose the question posed here and the response by this dealer do to the prospective buyer trying to decide between a Mustang and [enter brand and make here]?
    Guys-

I drove my V6 pony back to the dealership today... I forced the service manager to ride shotgun and made him put another employee in the back seat. I demanded that I drive them for however long it was going to take for them to hear the noise. It didn't take more than 2 minutes before the manager agreed that it was not normal!

Here is the great news! It was a brake brace / bracket that was installed at a funny angle. As a result it would rub a little against the drive line. It took them all of 2 minutes to make the repair! The noise is now TOTALLY gone!

The noise is noticable during accelleration (the nose of the car comes up and the [non-permissible content removed] part of the car goes down just enough to put pressure on the frame and grind during accelleration. It goes away once the car levels out.

Then the noise is more constant and much louder if 3 or 4 people add weight to the frame. due to the constant pressure on the frame.

If ths sounds familar to you, make your dealership check the Brake brace / bracket for any grinding of the drive line. (at first my dealership also suspected heat shields, but this turned nout not to be the case... for me anyway)

Now I am back to full enjoyment of my Mustang! That sound sucked all the enjoyment from my early ownership days! Now it's back to me and the open road!
  • eskyfineskyfin Member Posts: 3
    i fell in love when i first saw the new stang and it clouded my decision to buy one. well it has turned out to be the worst decision of my car buying life. got it new in jan. 05 and since have had in in the shop for 331/2 days. 1st they replaced the trans. then the ring and pinion gears started to howl so they were going to add dampners to the rear axels but it already had them. so they changed the gears and it took away some of the noise but not all. it caused a new noise and sudder in the car and they had to change a flange on the pinion shaft. it stopped some of the sudder but not all. also had to change the gas tank. after 9 months it wouldnt fill all the way. durning this time that where trying to find a rt. side door glass that didnt have a flaw in it. they ordered 3 and all had flaws. they were going to take one from another car on the lot but they all had flaws. they had to go directly to the vender in mexico. also they spent a lot of time on trying to get the paint right and still have over spray on some areas. the new trans. makes a clunking noise when loading and unloading when they say is normal. in fact they are now telling me that all my problems are within ford specs. even when the trans. sticks in neutral when going slow. they tell me to either stop the car or double clutch it. i havent had to double clutch a car since the 1950s. the cd player is intermittent and it now has a new squeak in the steering. i have already gone through arbitration with the BBB Auto line and lost there so have hired a lawyer and am trying for the lemon law. the bbb is paid by ford and only went by what their fse said. didnt listen to me and didnt offer to have a qualified impartial expert to check out my car like i thought they were supposed to. it seems to me that it is a conflict of interest for the bbb to be arbitrating for a company that is paying then to do so. sorry for the long story but its been almost a year now and its hard to tell what i have been going through in a few lines. like i said i fell in love with the car but the love affair is over and i will ne ver buy another for product again. p.s. consumer reports has rated the 05 six cyclinder mustang as the least reliable car for 2005, and they say that the 06 is going to be just as bad. i almost forgot the heater doesnt work very well either. on all floor in the heat mode you get very little air on the floor and still some comes out the defroster. i think it is a desigh flaw but they say it is working ok. the bbb told me you cant sue a manufacture for a design flaw. i wonder what those people who bought pintos with firestone 500 tires would say about that. thanks for letting me vent. eskyfin
  • harleybabeharleybabe Member Posts: 1
    Yes, I did have this problem when I went to get gas but only at one station so far and they were old pumps so I just struck it up to that.
    As far as other problems with the 2005 Mustang, that is the reason I looked for this site to see if anyone else has had problems like Ive had.
    My car hasnt even hit 12,000 yet and Ive already had the front end repaired and it in as we speak having the motor mounts replaced. I love Mustangs (this is my 5th) but Im ready to lemon it. The service department isnt any help either being they are as slow as molasses which adds to my stress. Hopefully this is the last I see of problems because I really do love my car. :cry: Anyone else have These problems? :confuse:
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    First, sorry about your problems. 2nd paragraphs and punctuation are our friends. Please use them.

While I sold my Mustang (for no other reason than I made money on it), let me see if I can tackle some of these issues.

--Where's the overspray? If it's under the hood or trunk, then that will be normal. If it's on the exterior body somewhere, then maybe it had previous body damage??????

--The tranny getting stuck in neutral doesn't make much sense. Are you saying that you can't put in the clutch and put it into a gear? Does it grind when you try to put it into gear? Why do you have it in neutral when you're rolling? You should only do that when it's stopped.

--Door glass is flawed? How?

--Why did the arbitration party deny your claim?

--Consumer reports already has ratings out for '06 cars? They're just hitting the market. They have no data on them. How can they know what the ratings would be?
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    You're not likely to get any response to those questions. He/She had me going up to the point when he/she mentioned CR reliability reports. The cars are far too new on the market to have established a reliability track record.

Nay, that was probably another hit-n-run flame post. :mad:
  • gaskidgaskid Member Posts: 5
    J.D. Powers rates the 2005 Mustang a 4 on their 5 point scale for their Power Circle Rating. Note there is no 2006 data yet.

Overall Quality – 4
    Mechanical Quality – 3
    Body & Interior Quality – 5
    Feature & Accessory Quality – 4
    Overall Appeal – 5
    Performance – 5
  • lavrishevolavrishevo Member Posts: 312
    I was scanning through old messages trying to find some info on a few issues I have with my 05 and was not able to find anything but maybe you guys can help.
    What I am noticing is that when I set my vent setting for the air flow to floor mode I still get a good amount of air flow coming out of the windshield defrost vents above the dash. This is not a big thing but it bugs me that it does this and it should not be doing this.

Second is when the vent setting is on floor/defrost or defrost mode with the A/C set to OFF I still seem to hear the compressor engaging for a good 10 sec. or so and then disengaging. What I hear is a click sound and I can hear the engine sound lower as well as see my tach drop just a tad until I hear the click again and it goes back to "normal". It will do this over and over again with a short pause between "cycles". Of course I can only hear this when sitting at a light, or just not moving but seems like it is not supposed to be doing this. Any advice or help would be much appreciated

Daniel
  • christopher3christopher3 Member Posts: 2
    eskyfin is right ivy had my new mustang for 3 weeks the car cost 30,000 dollars and has been my worst new car experience ever it goes back to the dealer next tues. with a list the car was a gift from my wife for my 50th birthday the front end sounds like it is falling out on turns ,it intermittantly stalls while driving at 40+ mph, horrible clutch knock between 1=2 2=3 shift,shaker 500 cd player flips out and does what ever it wants including shuting off on its own HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY ELL YES I HAVE !!!! im going to see what nissan will give me for it toward a 350z ALTHOUGHT THE BODY DESIGN IS BEAUTIFUL AND IT IS A SHARP LOOKING CONVERTIBLE THE THRILL IS GONE AND I NO LONGER TRUST THIS CAR TO TAKE MY FAMILY OUT FOR A DRIVE ">
  • yannickyannick Member Posts: 17
    Why is it that people who rant never use paragraphs?
This discussion has been closed.