Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado - Continued XIII

1111213141517»

Comments

• mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    hold on here ace..it got along fine without ya!

..but you area welcome addition...kinda our little itch to scratch..

LOL

- Tim

Here and mine have been slow man.....I've been busy outside...as yawl may have been

Saturday is 5 years for me.....been great..ya just gotta find the right girl...
    - Tim
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    5 years....are we talking about Edmunds or your wife?... ;)

Sorry, just had to ask...

Dean
    a year??....
    5 years of marriage....worth it I guess...i really don't like to to chores...so walahh!!..get a wife!

LOL

(Just kidding)

- Tim
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    TIREDO - why does he post the same damn thing everytime? Hes the only one talking about this. Its like a personal crusade. It is driving me nutz.

Congrats on the anniversary Tim. Whatcha gonna get her? My suggestion a half ton Z71 like she wants haha.

Ryan
    she don't like trucks or GM. Ford is her thing...don't you remember what you read? LOL

Dean
    you have a post under CD changers at the link below:

http://www.teleweb.net/mgdvhman/

Is this considered off topic?

Dean
  • werkingwerking Member Posts: 431
    guys -
    all of us have had our trials and tribulations. let's not be too harsh on the guy...

kyle
    He is like a broken record. Same POST each and everytime there is nothin different about them. He should start a topic called me against gm (whoa i just got a good idea you will all see soon enough)

Ryan
  • ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
    has some valuable info to share, especially if you get on to his web page. I understand that he has messages posted on a couple topics-just trying to keep us informed. I bet GM will appreciate all of the e-mails to them regarding problems with their "bigger,stronger,faster, & not so perfect" trucks.
    All them emails? What from 2 or 3 people??? Im still thinking he needs a topic called me against general motors

Ryan
    I offered to get her a Z71 instead of the Stang...she said we don't need 2 trucks...and she is right I guess..

She mentioned dumping the GT for a Cobra..but she wants to keep her Gt for now...she likes it...I said I am still getting a 2002 Ado..she said that's fine..

Like I said....you have to find the right girl..

- Tim
    I can tell who wears the pants in your house. Way to stand your ground. You really should get a trans am.

Did i find the right girl yet??? She wants a silver sebring convertible. hmmm thatll change soon :) haha

Ryan
  • dallas75dallas75 Member Posts: 72
    ...I would go with the PoP&Lock first. $35 bucks may prevent the bad folks who do a quick grab.
    After that, it will be up to your preference on a hard tonneau or a full shell.

Hope this helps.

Jerry
  • markbuckmarkbuck Member Posts: 1,021
    But one of my younger buddies here at work, who we've hooked on dirtbikes and golf, has a wife and two kids. Currently own a celica and a RAV4. Have pretty much convinced him that a mid to larged sized PU with a full crew cab should be his next vehicle. Right now he has mentioned the F150 SuperCrew. The only others I am aware of available now or shortly are toyota's crewcab tacoma and Nissan's 4 door crew cab frontier. Any idea if GM has anything planned. His country club wife will not go for a regular PU.....
    Heard that a replacement for the S-10 is due out in a year or two.
    Spring the avalanche will be out. Kinda expensive (burb range). New truck trend has an article

Ryan
    Just read that there is a name for these. Sport Utility Trucks. Looks like the Dodge durango is available in this class. That 4.7L motor looks good, comparable to our 4.8's and tundra's 4.7 and maybe a little better than ford's 4.6.

Ryan, you will undoubtly soon learn about having lots of hungry mouths to feed and will realize that even as a well paid engineer, if you have a stay at home wife and a couple of hungry kids, that it is unlikely that you will have much of a budget to spend more that maybe $25k.... so the avalanche is out for my buddy.
  • erikf2erikf2 Member Posts: 100
    Saw a Sonoma crew cab (four regular doors) drive past my office yesterday.
    ...has a special site on the Avalanche. You can enter it from the Chevy home page. Also I belive that the crew cab S-10's will soon be out. The Ford Explorer SportTrac would be another option.

Jerry
    ...looks like the S-10/Sonoma's are out!

Jerry
    I think when i was at the autoshow the chevy people were talking about an early to middle august release date. Its about that time.

mark- the ford explorer sporttrac is a good idea too

Ryan
  • ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
    Personally, I'd look at the Toyota Doublecab, definately will outlast the domestics. One thing that I can't understand is why they don't put the standard size short box on these crewcabs-the 4' box is useless unless all your hauling is groceries.
    Double cab. hmmm the tundra access cab is miniture compared to other extended cabs. Im trying to figure out how a small pickup truck will have more room than the tundra. Im sure the double cab is the same size maybe a lil bigger but if you want to haul people it wouldnt be comfortable. The S-10 crew, dodge quad cab and ford super crew actually have room in the back where someone can ride and be comfortable.

The only dumb thing on the S-10 crew is the mini box. At least the dakota quad cab has somewhat of a bed. An 8 ft 2x4 would hang off the back of the truck about 2 ft (4 ft bed plus tail gate down). Guess you will have to buy a trailer to go with it.

Ryan
  • joelisjoelis Member Posts: 315
    Keep given it to ole CW over there on the Tahoe site. He's on the losing end of that one regarding factory ordered chrome flares on the trucks. No such thing. He doesn't know squat about SUV's, never mind trucks.
    He dont know poop. He doesnt know i am the flare man.

Ryan
  • tiredofwaitingtiredofwaiting Member Posts: 74
    I am sorry if I am posting to often. Its just I only gave up on my Service Dept a couple of weeks ago. That is when I discovered these forums. I feel there may be others out there that are frustrated, looking for help. If they drop in for just a little while, or just on one topic, they may think the forums are just for chat. By posting regularly and across a more than one topic, it increases the odds of contact. Who knows I might contact an irate GM engineer, who could explain the problems in detail.
    Anyway, I apologize and will continue to post, but will try to keep it short, so I won't offend anyone.

Thanks,
    Clay

<<A HREF="http://agmlemon.freeservers.com/">http://agmlemon.freeservers.com/&gt;
    though it is somewhat distracting, I wouldn't worry about it since it is more on topic than some of the other posts.... ;)

Dean
    Yup, originally sent him a picture of it. Guess all the "domestic trucks are designed by engineers employed in the USA" whining to him has paid off. He wants a domestic (atta boy!)....
    Its alright i dont care. You just make it out to seem that this is a widespread problem and its the end of the world. A suggestion why not try another gm service dept. You may find they treat you better and they correct your problem.

Ryan
  • gnippergnipper Member Posts: 120
    You guys are complaining about the short 4' boxes on these vehicles - they were built for those people that don't need a pickup, but still think they want to buy one anyway. If you want a new yuppie people hauler with a place to put the bicycles and groceries out in the open go for one of the new breeds of SUT's. If you want a real pickup - these start at a half ton and go up and are already being built!

The SUT's are being built for what is supposed to be cab room - at least 4 doors. They are being built on existing platforms for quick start up and cheap start up. If you use an existing platform and make the cab bigger - then something has to be smaller - the box.

Greg
  • rcoosrcoos Member Posts: 167
    First of all, I installed a set of BF Goodrich Velvet-Ride shackles on my pickup. WOW!, I thought the Edelbrocks shocks made a difference. Well anyone who didn't like the harsh ride with the Z71 option....get the Edelbrocks with the Velvet-Ride shackles. My pickup rode great with the Edelbrocks, well now it rides like a Caddy & handles like a Corvette. HUGE difference when the box is empty!!!

ralph coos

tireofwaiting & others who post a lot!

Go ahead...you have just as much right as say someone who was posting about fender flares a couple of months ago (ryanbab...just kidding).
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    No problem with your posts. My complaint was that you were sticking the same post in every topic. But you're entitled. I'll get over it. Your posts are informative. Keep 'em coming.
    Quads last post sums up how i felt too. Thats what i meant. I dont care if he posts a million times but each and every time it was the same and in like 5 topics too.

Ryan
    Fender Flares? Without me looking in that topic, what the are chrome fender flares?

Jerry
    Or anyone. I was coming home from work and seen an old 1500 2wd that light green teal color probably a 95 or 97. WHat struck me was it was a crew cab and had 4 full doors. Looked very wierd had the long bed too and a cap. Wasnt a work truck or company owned just a regular off the lot truck it looked like. Did chevy make a crew cab 1500 back in the middle 90's??? I am just curious for my own knowledge. Thanks

Ryan
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    For purposes of efficiency....

this topic is being frozen. Please continue these discussions in Topic 2140 Chevy Silverado - Continued IX. Thanks!

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.