Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz M-Class (2006+)

13»

Comments

• chintchint Member Posts: 30
    I recently traded my R for a new ML320 CDI . I find it little difficult getting in and out of ML without side steps or running boards as ML has little higher ground clearence than the R.

The cost for the delaer installed option when purchasing was 510 ( Free installation) Unfortunately the dealer had the part on order and I did'nt want to wait

But now when I enquired my local dealer about the running boards he says the price is 940 + installation

Any recomendations on where to get the running board ( the new aluminium ones with black spots)
  • lawing1lawing1 Member Posts: 3
    Am considering buying a 2008 ML350.

Have the 2006 ML350 7-speed transmission problems (jerkiness, surging and lunging) of the vehicle when driving slow or stopping been resolved by MB?

TIA
  • s550iwishs550iwish Member Posts: 28
    I currently own the 2007 ML350. When i drive it, i dont feel any problems at all. Every once in a while the car doesnt shift automatically to the next gear. It takes a couple seconds. But never felt any jerking or lunging.

lawing, you should not get the 2008 ML just yet. if possible, wait until may or until the 2009 ML Class is released. It looks sooooo much nicer. look it up or go to this link below for some pics of it.
    The 2009 ML will receive a facelift as well as minor changes to the rear as you will see in these pictures.

http://www.zimbio.com/Mercedes-Benz/articles/117/2009+Mercedes+Benz+ML+63+AMG+Fa- celift
  • petercspodickpetercspodick Member Posts: 2
    April 15th, '08 QUESTION: IS THERE ANY HISTORY OF LAWSUITS AGAINST MB FOR POORLY MADE CARS? The latest update: dealer wants $4000 to DIAGNOSE problem noise, which seems to be in the transmission. That will make $10,000 in 12 months! Connnecticut car, purchased new. We've seen it all...thousands for brake rebuild, a rim and tire replaced ($1500) from turnpike hazard (non-warranty repair, which, dealer says, was changed in subsequent MB warranties because of OUR CAR! (Damaged rim has been on display at the dealership the last 2 years, to show buyers how great the warranty is on the new Benz!) There is much more, of course. An expensive car that promises plenty and doesn't deliver, and offers no dealer/MB support. So: anyone familiar with either lawsuit or a helpful ear at Benz? Any suggestions, aside from quiuckly getting a Lexus?
  • petercspodickpetercspodick Member Posts: 2
    Is it possible to get an update from this fellow? Time has passed, and he may have perspectives which would be useful for me. Our cars were both purchased new, and he was already -then- having transmission problems. We also spent a fortune repairing power steering.
  • dmaxwellhdmaxwellh Member Posts: 11
    Any idea when the '09 model will become available? Thanks.
  • mbzfan06mbzfan06 Member Posts: 15
    Some of the early 2006 ML's had tranny problems, but it seems they have fixed that problem... my 2006 ML350 tranny has been fine from day 1.

I had a power steering and suspension part replacement that was covered by a recall notice, but they were never problems.

Why was your power steering problems not covered by warranty?
  • inge2inge2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 ML 350 and a couple of months ago I started to have the same problem with the transmission. The car is at the dealer at the moment and they will let me know an estimate tomorrow. Is this a normal wear&tear problem? My warranty is over.
  • cneffcneff Member Posts: 65
    your warranty should not be over, 4 years 50k miles - whichever comes first. Have you done 50k miles already?
  • juliajane1juliajane1 Member Posts: 2
    Trying to decide between R class with 9K miles or ML350 with 22K ...dealer wants 30,900 for both..I can't afford this much..do you think I could get either for 22K???? Also which car is better...seem to both be bad on gas?
    I need help..I always leased but trying to be more frugal..what should I offer? I can provide more details if needed..thanks
  • ready2buy3ready2buy3 Member Posts: 1
    Hey there, New to the forum. Looks like everyone is super helpful- so thanks for that upfront. I'm curious to see if anyone has any thoughts on the above models that I'm considering. I'm in the market for an SUV/Crossover- and have already ruled out the Lexus RX, Porche Cayenne, Range Rover and the BMW X5 due to personal taste. It's down to the above- and would love any insight/opinions from people who have gone down a similar comparison road. :) Thanks!
  • jaws4jaws4 Member Posts: 17
    Hey, found the following on a MB owner group website. Looks like a pretty knowledgable reply regarding the 06 ML transmission problems. Hope this helps....

An 06 ML came with a 14 06 valve body which allows the 2-1 downshift before the vehicle reaches a standstill. This down shift is very un comfortable in traffic. When the dealer checks for newer software the computer states there is no newer software available. The solution is to replace the valve body with a 13 06 or a 21 06 which accepts the new software and takes care of the shift quality. The dealer has to submit the part numbers and software levels to MB to recieve authorization to replace the valve body under warranty. Please be patient and ask for a shop foreman to be involved as many techs are not aware of these details. Hope this helps.
  • chelentanochelentano Member Posts: 634
    How does the bluetooth work on 06-08 M-Class? Is it part of some package? I just visited local MB dealer and salesman says that I have to purchase $500 adapter though that 2007 M350 comes with COMMAND navigation.

I imagine that adapter required only if I need to transfer my phone book, but if I just want to pair car bluetooth with my iPhone I would not need an adapter. It seems salesperson does not get it right?
  • doccoloradodoccolorado Member Posts: 8
    I suspect you need the "blue tooth" module, it fits in the center console under your arm rest.

You can see a photo of what it looks like here http://www.whnet.com/4x4/phones.html

it is 1/2 way down the page and silver with a blue end.

I bought mine at the dealer when I bought my car and got a nice discount across the counter from parts.

Its called "MHI Bluetooth Interface Module"; You can also find after market ones, but I never tried them. This thing works pretty good, and it does download your address book, previous calls etc, .

There were not many options for me to go aftermarket when I bought mine, but
    try this.

try google for that module and you might be surprised, I see them on Ebay, and here http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=4604649 ($250)

Doc
  • chelentanochelentano Member Posts: 634
    yes, thank you. I actually got one on eBay for $120 - original "MHI Bluetooth Interface Module"
  • ezrockcorpezrockcorp Member Posts: 2
    I HAVE A 2006 ML350 4MATIC AND IT SHIFTS FROM 1 TO 2 AND NEVER TO 3, 4 OR 5. WOULD YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTIONS. IF THERE IS A SOLUTION BESIDES CHANGING THE TRANNY, DO YOU HAVE ANY PART NUMBERS? URGENTLY NEED HELP. MY WARRANTY IS OVER. I HAVE 55K MILES. WHAT IS AN ESTIMATED COST TO DO THIS REPAIR.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    The first thing to check would be the transmission fluid level.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • ezrockcorpezrockcorp Member Posts: 2
    HOW DID U RESOLVE UR TRANSMISSION PROBLEM ON THE 2006 ML350. WHAT WAS REPLACED. THANKS
  • subdensubden Member Posts: 40
    Just coming out of my 3 year lease in this car with P3 and sport package. Really nice vehicle with virtually no problems. Super solid and stable driving.
    One question..anybody else notice windshield/wiper icing issues in cold, snowy weather? Seems I have to run defrost on high almost all the time to keep from icing up.
  • porfi1porfi1 Member Posts: 1
    Consider purchasing a extended warranty for your ML 350.
    I both my ML one month ago and have the same problem when down shifting from 2 to 1 gear
    I been told is a normal thing for a ML
    they told me that some of they model do that when coming to a complete stop. I’m not happy with it, specially because I change from a lexus RX350 which has no transmission defect to the ML350 I though Benz was a better car. Luckily I have extended warranty
This discussion has been closed.