Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Dakota Real World MPG Numbers

Comments

• dewaltdakotadewaltdakota Member Posts: 364
    I calculated the mileage myself, after I didn't believe what the trip computer showed.

I've always gotten better mileage than EPA estimates, regardless of what vehicle I'm driving, so I guess I can chalk it up to driving habits. :blush:
  • haselhasel Member Posts: 64
    My 2006 Q Cab 4X4 4.7L auto/3:55 rear gets 17.31 MPG average over 8663 miles, my 2001 with the same setup as my 2006 Dakota got joust a little better, i keep 40lbs of air in the tires
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    Since I installed new tires in January the fuel mileage dropped. After realizing that the one size larger tire offset the oddometer, and with the comensurate correction, there appears to be a .2 drop in the average. The new tires are about an inch wider that the factory tires. They're supposedly the same wear index, but these new Michelins seem a lot softer compound that the Goodyears.

Still, the average over the last 20 tanks is 17.56 MPG. This is mixed driving, 70% around town, 20% open country roads, 10% expressway. A recent trip with a 650 lb. ATV and 400 lbs. of gear yielded 22.31 highway (60 MPH).

Regards,
    Dusty
  • sunburnsunburn Member Posts: 319
    Dusty,

At least you've only dropped about 0.2 MPG. When I put on new tires, I dropped about 1.0 MPG. Out of curiosity, I looked at some of the tire ratings in Consumer Distorts. Most Truck/SUV type tires tended to have poor ratings for rolling resistance. The tires I purchased, were rated "poor" for rolling resistance. Oh well. Maybe I should have looked there before buying.
    Sunburn,

Well, that's a .2 drop in average over the fillups since I put the tires on it, compared to the same time period the year before. Unfortunately, that is possibly inaccurate since my driving between the two periods has not been the same, i.e. not the same highway versus around town versus country.

Oddly, the Dak turned in it's best all city tank at 19.13 just a few weeks ago. That was before we got the real hot weather. Since then the air conditioning has been on almost constantly (I melt easily!). Nothing kills gas mileage on my Dak better than running the air.

Bests,
    Dusty
  • kapbotkapbot Member Posts: 113
    Hi. I have a 2002 Dakota CC SLT+, 4.7, 4speed auto, 3.55 LSD w/255/70 tires. I have owned this vehicle since new, currently about 46,000 miles. I drive about 60/40 city/hwy, 13 miles to work. My mpg is anywhere from 14.5 to 17.5, maybe 19 all highway. Anyway, I have installed Gibson headers, a K&N intake, a soft bed cover, Supertuner programmer & Magnaflow cat-back. I have driven this truck completely stock, with just the headers, just the intake, with & without the cover, with & without the tailgate on/open, and every other combination I could think of, for weeks at a time. The only things I have found that truly affects gas mileage is:
    1. My right foot.
    2. The temperature.
    3. The altitude.
    The computer tuner makes a noticeable improvement on acceleration, but can't tell a difference otherwise. I can't believe that a 0.1 mpg difference is a measure of anything, since you can't fill the tank to exactly the same level one fill up to the next.
    When is is very hot or very cold, the mileage goes down.
    When the altitude gets higher, the mileage goes up, and noticeably. I'm sure that is a function of the computerized F.I. system, and common on most autos.
    Also, this thing is an aerodynamic shoe box with a brick on top.
    None of the modifications I have made have had any impact on mpg. When using the K&N, oil does get sucked into the engine, which you can tell if you ever pull the air box of the throttle body. Now I am back to stock, except for the bed cover. The 4.7 is so well designed, bolt on stuff just isn't going to help anything, especially gas mileage. Put your money into weight reduction if you really want an impact.
    Also, I used to have a '97 Dakota, which was almost identical, except it had the 3.9. The gas mileage was no better than the 4.7.
    Just my 2 cents.Thanks.
  • tootall1tootall1 Member Posts: 7
    Kapbot,

I agree. Not much is going to have an effect on the mileage.
    I have just purchased an 06 Quad Cab 4x4 with the 4.7. Just hit 1000 miles. 16.9 mpg is the average so far.
  • dc_gruesomedc_gruesome Member Posts: 2
    I'm lookin to buy a 2000 Dak with the above features- I've looked on many forums and have gotten different results. For instance this forum mostly says the its feasable to achieve 19-20 mpg when others dont report anything better than like 14 mpg. Is that because of redline, or should it be close to 18 just as a stock vehicle? As i said ive heard everything from 11- 22 mpg- any ideas or actual facts.. and if 20 mpg is possible.. what did you do to achieve it and how much did it cost to do such?
    Thanks
    Trace
  • bpeeblesbpeebles Member Posts: 4,085
    You did not mention what TRANSMISSION you are asking about. I have 2000 Dak with 4.7L and can acheive about 23 MPG on the highway. (MANUAL xmission orderd from factroy!)

I used to get the window-sticker MPG of about 18... but when I replaced the fluids with REDLINE oil, the reduction of oil-churn and friction gave me an instant 4-5MPG increase. (Xmission, Xfercase and both differentials) The other bonus is that I may NEVER have to change these fluids again and the manual xmission shifts better than ever.
  • dc_gruesomedc_gruesome Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response- the truck was an automatic... and ive decided against that particular truck - however I'm defineatly set on getting a Dak. I'll also look into Redline and see if there are any local retailers around. Thanks again... i can live with 23 mpg anyday :)
    Trace
  • eharri3eharri3 Member Posts: 640
    About a million different factors affect mileage from when you fire up the truck to when you park it at the end of the day. Too many people have a pre-conceived notion of what they deem acceptable and what they don't and if they don't get it they start chasing after problems that don't exist. I've been in my dealership and heard service guys have to give the same speach over and over to people who saw the numbers on the sticker and ignored the part that says it varies based upon conditions. Mileage will vary based on traffic conditions, driving style, weather, time of year and formulation of gasoline among a variety of other things.

I bought my 04 Quad 4/7 4x4 10/03, right before winter with 8 miles on the clock. I got mid 11s to mid 12s for the first 20 thousand miles. Then it went to an average of mid 14s in normal mixed driving. Sometimes 14.9 in normal driving if I'm gentle but 15 mpg in every day driving continues to elude me. On a couple of road trips I managed high 18s but that was my very best ever with the truck broken in, cruise set at 55 but lots of steep brades. Maybe if I had been on flat roads I could have managed 19 or 20 but for my truck touching 20 mpg is an absolute best case scenario if I drive like my grandma, downhill both ways, in 75 degree weather. Mine has 3.55 rear.

In general I'd say if you're buying a V8 Dak you might get high teens or 20 mpg on a regular basis if it's a 2wd reg cab with few options. For the heavier extended/crew cab 4x4s, expect 14 mpg all around including highway and if you get anything better consider it a bonus. Most 4x4 non reg cab Daks don't really do alot better than HEmi Rams.
    2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4x2, 4.7 with 545RFE, 3.55 LSD, Michelin LTX-M/S tires, 67961 miles.

My calculated mileage since 1 June 2006:

Average since 1 June 2006 = 16.923
    Average to date = 16.84

All other things being equal, fuel consumption is highly dependent on driving style. While some claim "dismal" mileage, my experience and that of others is the Dakota will turn in EPA ratings plus when driven accordingly.

I normally drive sedately. Those tanks in the 16s represented use of the air conditioning. My driving is around town and country roads with about twenty-percent expressway driving. I live 3.4 miles from work. Since July all of my lubricants have been non-synthetic. Since 21 August the differential fluid has been Mopar 85-140W synthetic. My last plug, air filter, and PCV valve change was at 51,560 miles.

I have installed one size larger tire. All mileage recordings include an odometer correction of three-percent.

My top mileage ever recorded was 22.81 on interstate summer time highway driving at 65 MPH, loaded with approximately 1000 lbs. (ATV, passenger, equipment).

In my experience the superbly built 4.7 motor does not fully break in until 35,000 miles plus, some even more. My year-over-year average indicates that mine is still breaking in, albeit slowed down in the last year.

Regards,
  • blk4x4blk4x4 Member Posts: 43
    what is the part # that you used for the xmission or what weight did you use cause i changed all mine and couldn't find it anywhere other than the dealer
  • soraithsoraith Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Dakota, Quad cab, 4x4, 4.7 HO with under 1000 miles on it. I am currently getting 16mpg average on a 80 mile (30 highway miles 50 city miles round trip to work / home. The only Mods I have are Magnaflow cat backs and I changed over to Mobil 1 syn after 500 miles. With a heavy foot I drop to about 14mpg. I have checked into MANY mods but I keep getting the same responses from mechanics I know and trust. Except for using the best available Oils / Lubs and following the maintance schedual after break in LEAVE IT ALONE, at least til the warranty expires. I haven't had a chance to take it on a long drive to check highway mileage yet but I expect to get around 18-20 highway.
    My 07 already gets better mpg than the 02 4x4 v8 dakota I traded in.
  • ronslakie1ronslakie1 Member Posts: 57
    It is my understanding that the HO engine requires premium fuel, which your 02 probaly did not. As we all know the cost of premium over regular can be significant. Based on this how much better off are you with the 07 versus the 02?

Ron
    The RedLine fluid I used in my NV3500 manual xmission is "MTL".

Before selecting th RedLine "MTL" prodct, I eMailed dave@redlineoil.com asking which of their products should be used in the NV3500 tranny.

Incase others wish to know, here are the RedLine lubes I used.

NV3500 xmission ==> MTL
    NV231 Xfer case ==> D4ATF
    9.25" Rear Diff. with LSD ==> 75W90
    C205F front Diff. ==> 75W90
    Power Steering System ==>"Power Steering Fluid"

My only connection to Red Line lubes is because I researched many various synthetic lubes and Red Line stands out becuase of their use of ester base stocks. This class of syntetic oil is expensive, but I feel worth the extra cost.

For example, When the outside temparture was lower than -10F, it took somone with Popeye arms to steer it. This was because the "Dodge" powersteering fluid was too thick at those low tempartures. After trying several different kinds of PS fluids, ONLY the RedLine PS fluid worked at those low tempartures. A simular improvement was noted when shifting the NV3500 xmission.
  • dcwestbydcwestby Member Posts: 29
    I once had a 92 Dakota, club cab, with 168k miles on it. It was rigged for towing a 5th wheel camping trailer when I got it used. So the v6 it had [3.9L] did really good for mileage, generally 20-25mpg highway and 17-19 city or so. But then again, that was 3 years ago that I had it. Aside from fuel gauge replacement and wire shorting problems. It was a good truck. But I'm not one to do car work myself too much, and so, it had to go. Driving something else now.
  • stevekimblestevekimble Member Posts: 1
    About a year ago, We bought our 16 year-old son a '97 Dodge Dakota 4x4 with a 5.2L V-8 magnum. The more he drives it, the more he complains about the sorry mileage he's getting. It's around 11 or 12 mpg. I am confident that his driving habits are not a contributing factor. What steps do we need to take to try and improve this situation?
  • xscoutxscout Member Posts: 141
    A four wheel drive pickup with a 318 V8 and a teenage driver is not a good combo for good gas mileage :). Heck, if I had something with that much fun potential I don't know if I would do much better! Aside from driving habits, make sure you have good spark plugs and a fresh air cleaner. Try a synthetic oil/oil blend at your next oil change. Keep your tire pressures as high as you can within the recomendations. If it is ready for new tires try to get something closer to a car tire tread rather than the monster mudder type tire. Keep exterior accessories such as lights and grill guards off or to a minimum. Put a cover on the bed if it is open or drop the tailgate when driving at higher speeds. The original EPA estimates were about 15/18 mpg for this vehicle. At ten years of age you probably will not be able to get quite that even if you do everything you can.
  • bda54bda54 Member Posts: 8
    About 2 months ago I bought my '03 Quad cab 4x4 w 4.7-V8 and 5spd AT. The previous owner had put 265/75R16's on, up from 265/70R16's it came with. It has a fiberglass topper. I keep about 200-300lbs of tools in the box. Occasionally I pull a utility trailer that loaded weighs about 800lbs. I drive about 70% highway and 30% city. I am deliberately easy on the throttle. Pulling the trailer I get about 10.2 mpg, without the trailer I get low to mid 11 mpg. I checked the air cleaner and it looks brand new. It runs like a top. No fault codes. I realize that winter driving in Minnesota means lower mpg, but not like this. Any ideas on what I can do to increase the mileage. I read the info on air filters by the oil guy, and I am probably not going to change to a K&N cold air setup. I know that weight is a factor, and the tools are affecting my mpg, but 200-300lbs isn't that much weight. Redline lubricants sound interesting from what I've read on your posts. Any suggestions?
  • juttjutt Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2000 club cab 4.7 with factory 31inch tires. The truck only has 30K on it. The gas mileage is horrible, i've tried airfilter, gas treatment ect... The plugs appear to be fine. The truck has a 22 gallon tank and gets 210 miles per tank. ANY suggestions would be helpful
    You did not say if it has 4X4 and you did not tell us the differential ratio. If you have the optional ratio designed for towing, your MPG could be impacted.

I can tell you that my 2000 Dak with 4.7L SemiHemi and manual xmission gets about 200 miles at the HALF tank mark and can touch 300 miles per tank if I want to push it. (shape of gastank makes second half of tank go faster)

I can tell you that 30,000 miles is still below the point where my engine "loosened up". Perhaps as you continue to drive the MPG will increase. (dont forget the all-important bursts of full-throttle accelleration to help seal the rings.)
  • tootall1tootall1 Member Posts: 7
    I had a 2001 4,7 4x4 and now I have a 2006 4.7 4x4. The 2001 had all wheel drive as standard with 4 wheel as optional, the new truck is rear wheel standard. The 01 would get about 14, the 06 gets about 15. I drive a mix of about 50% highway and 50% backroads. MPG is not the greatest. I have heard that conservative driving adds couple of mpg's but I cannot seen to drive that way. So many recommendations, air filters, plugs, oils..... My suggestion. Get used to it or get rid of it.
  • mdawg25mdawg25 Member Posts: 23
    actually, xscout they proved on mythbusters that driving with the tailgate up gives better mileage ;)
  • xscoutxscout Member Posts: 141
    Interesting! That seems illogical, and I've always heard the opposite, but sometimes you get a surprise!
    There is a website you can search for in which a college student did his thesis about this subject. He collects a lot of data and the results are interensting.

In short- Adding a cap or a tonno cover gives better MPG due to the smoother airflow over the rear of the truck.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    The reason the airflow is better with the tailgate closed/up is because the air that hits the tailgate comes back forward and forms a bubble, and subsequent airflow goes over this bubble and over the tailgate.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • 74b5roadrunner74b5roadrunner Member Posts: 1
    01 Dak Quad Cab 4X4 2657016 GY RTS, tow package, ARE MX Shell. Bone Stock engine, Castol Syntec and all synth fluids. 65K miles total.
    14 around town, only 6 miles to work so it rarely gets fully warm. 19-21 highway at 70. Worst milage 6, in deep sand at the beach. Guess what if you drive enough on the beach with RTS raised outline white letters, you get partial whitewalls, or at least graywalls.

I'm having the dreaded sway bar squall. Any ideas on what to lube them with? Since I beach drive a lot, I want a dry lube if possible. Does Dodge make a retrifit kit to the later sqeak resistant bushings?

BTW, I spend about an hour with a leaf blower and a hose sprayer getting sand and salt out of the frame and undercarriage.
  • oscar5740oscar5740 Member Posts: 10
    Hi all. I'm currently weighing whether or not to purchase a used '07 Dakota 4x4 with the HO V8. The dealer is telling me it takes regular, but from what I'm reading premium is recommended. Anyone have experience with this? Also, any significant difference mileage-wise in running regular vs. premium in that engine?

Any insite would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    In 2003 Dodge changed the sway bar bushings to a different material. Mine have never made a noise. I would suggest checking with a dealer for replacements. I have seen aftermarkets available, too, but I cannot attest to their improvement over the newer facter bushings.

Best regards,
    Dusty
  • mtrialsmmtrialsm Member Posts: 159
    Change the oxygen sensors.
  • mtrialsmmtrialsm Member Posts: 159
    Is anyone driving a new V6 Quad? What is your gas mileage?
    Mick
    If the oxygen sensors were outside tolerances, wouldn't it generate a fault code for the computer?
  • mjf1mjf1 Member Posts: 1
    :lemon: I have 2800 miles and get about 9-10 MPG...what's up with that??
    From November 1st 2007 through 31 March 2008 the average fuel mileage on my Dak is 16.45 MPG. The lowest tank was 13.91 in mid-January.

So far with the warmer weather in April the average is 17.73 with the last two tanks over 18. The total to-date average for 66 months is 16.89 lifetime. I now have 98136 miles on the vehicle.

Dusty
  • themacguythemacguy Member Posts: 417
    now has 200,000+ miles, always used lowest grade fuel (87 in w.tx./n.m. but 85 in colo.), but here in w. tx. our fuel is 'freshly minted' without a few additives seen elsewhere... shell fuel is one of the best about low additives, as porsche recommends it for my 944 and all their 911's and boxsters too. their fuel makes for a denser charge and better flame-front (with good plugs and ignition). i have no reason to doubt them, though i don't really like shell much. nobody out here in the w.tx. oilpatch likes them or oxy.
    lowest mileage was before it broke in fully at about 8k. overall was about 12-13 in town, 18 hwy. after break-in i have regularly gotten 15+ in town and 19-20 hwy. lowest when pulling 5k# trailer in oilfield (don't have figures, but LOW) and highest in mountains of colo. with large suzuki 1200 madura or yamaha xs11 midnight special in bed - 550# or so - averaged 'well over' 20 mpg (i calculated couple of tanks at 22+ mpg back in '01 in colo. mtns. on 85 octane gas!!!). mileage went down when i changed the orig. plugs with splitfires (significantly) at about 110k. i put the old ones back in, mpg went back up. replaced them at just under 150k with oem from dodge dealer. mpg is still good, but i don't drive it much now. will check back here with fresh results. i've kept every receipt and mileage book since day one, and i might go look all that data up someday... would be a large data post...
    btw - this dakota has NEVER been in the shop for anything. i've fixed all the little user-issue stuff myself, changed the fluids (except for tranny flushes) and i'm no mechanic. it's been a superb truck. still looks brand spankin' new. i've had many, many cars/trucks and it is the BEST by a long shot. it'll see 1/2 million miles fer shur before i park it in the collection. proudly!
    my overall feeling is that a 4.7 dak, setup like mine, gets the worst mpg when it sees a tundra next to it at a stoplight (or one of the cartoon diesel trucks with the HUGE exhaust and the lil gauge pod thingie in the a-pillar), and it gets the BEST mpg when driven just under 2000 rpm - steadily. it's a torque 'sweet spot' that's hard to maintain since the engine is so playful right about there.
    addictive is another word.
    jack b :-) in
    midland, tx usa
  • red_dodgered_dodge Member Posts: 5
    my 2000 Quad Cab has the 3.9 V-6. I have an AirAid Short Ram intake and Gibson Headers with a Gibson Catback exhaust. on a trip from Oceanside to San Fransisco I got 23.7 almost all highway. lately Ive been doing more city driving and getting 17 though.
  • red_dodgered_dodge Member Posts: 5
    how is your driving style?
    At 100779 miles my Dak now has a lifetime average of 16.93 MPG.

Interestingly, in April when temperatures here were still in the thirties and forties, I ran five tanks of Mobil 93 high test through the Dakota in a row. I noticed that the idle seemed to improve and gas mileage jumped from a previous four week average of 16.43 MPG to 17.21. When switching back to Mobil 87 it remained the same.

Except for changing out the rear differential fluid, I just completed a full tune-up:plugs, PCV valve, air filter, and oil change. I had 49,814 miles on the Bosch Platinum Plus 4s and the air filter didn't seem very dirty.

I immediately noticed a difference. The engine was definately performing better with stronger launches and noticeableby more effortless at cruising speeds. Since this the average has jumped to 18.43 with one tank at 19.88. These were mostly around town miles with about 30% expressway driving.

Although I've recommended the Bosch Platinums to others, this is the second time I've noticed a difference after changing them out. The first time I cannot say I saw a big increase in gas mileage, but then again as others have noticed, the more miles you put on a 4.7 the better they run and the better the gas mileage gets. Anyway, despite claims I wouldn't leave these plugs in for 100,000 miles.

Regards,
    Dusty
  • 65chick65chick Member Posts: 2
    i have 2002 3.9L club cab and i get about 12 mpg. i dont hot rod it. i just drive around town, all city driving and usually just for short trips to work or store. it hasnt been on any long huals. but just around town i get 12 mpgs. 230 miles out of a tank, is this normal or what can i do to impove it. i already purchased a k&n air filter.
    You didn't mention if you have a 2WD or 4WD. A 3.9 should do better than your getting. A mechanic friend told me to pull and clean off or replace my O2 sensors on my 2003 4.7 Quad Cab. Another concern about the K&N air filters that was mentioned on this site is that the oil can possibly contaminate your Mass Airflow Sensor if it is put on too heavily and the residue coats the MAS. One other idea that I have gleaned from this webpage is that switching to all synthetic lubricants in the engine and entire drive train. Redline Lubricants sound interesting, though expensive. Amzoil would be another alternative. That is the way I'm going to go with my Dakota. Good Luck!
    If you are doing all city-type driving, you are in the worst scenario for gas mileage. Short trips are especially bad since the engine remains in the rich mode most of the time. The constant accelerating-decellerating also is especially bad for fuel consumption.

However, you didn't tell us how many miles you had on this truck. Its possible it could benefit from a tune-up if you haven't performed one yet.

Regards,
    Dusty
  • ronslakie1ronslakie1 Member Posts: 57
    I have a 2K Dak with a 4.7 engine, and I didn't think that we had mass airflow sensors. I looked this up in my factory service manual and couldn't find a MAS. I know my Ford products respond extremely well to the cleaning of the MAS. Is there a Dak equivalent to the MAS in Ford products.
    You are correct.... the 4.7L semi-hemi does NOT have a MAF (MassAirFlow) sensor.

Instead, it uses MAP (ManifoldAbsolutePressure) sensor.

MAF actually measures airflow. (much more accurate, costs more, ignores dirty airfilter, more susceptible to contamination and burning out.)

MAP has to CALCULATE the airflow based on pressure differential. (less accurate and sensitive to dirty airfilter, very reliable)
    Can anyone recommend or compare Redline lubricants to Amzoil for the entire driveline of my '03 Dakota Quadcab, 4.7, AT, 4x4. I live in Minnesota and drive it primarily for work, but use it for hunting, but no heavy off road use. Also which oil filter would be best for use with the synthetics? I've heard Redline lubricants are spendy, but how spendy compared to Amzoil?
  • jboehmjboehm Member Posts: 44
    Anybody have some real world numbers on a HO engine and a FFV engine?
    I just checked my receipts when I purchased the RedLine lube for my driveline. (both differentials, xfer-case and manual xmission) I paid $8/quart.

The RedLine PowerSteering fluid was $9.50/quart.

When considering this, one must consider the VALUE and not the initial cost. For me, my rear differental was saved from self-destructing when all the fluid came out. (but RedLine leaves lubricating residue.)

Also, my powerSteering no longer needs 5-minnutes of warmup in the winter before it starts to work. (-15F)
    Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any independent testing comparing Redline lubricants to Amzoil or other synthetics that can be checked out? I had forgotten to think about the power steering fluid.
    I am not aware of an "independant" testing. Amzoil is somtimes marketed thru individuals who often make claims that even Amzoil does not acknowledge.

Keep in mind that RedLine uses 100% pure synthetic polyol ester basestock. This is expensive stuff that most off-the-shelf oils do not even consider using. Competetive Racecar teams use RedLine becauese it works. (reguarless of what the stickers may say on the OUTSIDE of the car!)

Here is webpage for RedLine ==> http://www.redlineoil.com/default.asp

The polyol ester basestock is used in extreme-duty conditions (Jet turbines, aerospace...etc) and may be more than the average driver needs in his road vehicle.

I beleive that Amzoil may also use some polyol ester basestocks... but over the years I have become put-off by their marketing (pushiness).

The Federal law was changed in recient years to allow manufacturers to CLAIM an oil is "synthetic" even though they contain petroleum-based oil. (MOBIL1, SYNTEC...etc fall into this category) These are not The polyol ester basestock!
    My young son and went to the Mopar Car Show in Carlise two weeks ago. Leaving Rochester, New York on I-86-US17 to US15 south, my '03 Dakota (Club Cab Sport, 4.7, 545RFE, 3.55 LSD, no mods) got 23.92 MPG on Mobil gas. That included 41 miles of town driving.

With the exception of about 1.5 minutes of actual passing, I kept the cruise control set at 62 MPH all the way to Harrisburg on US15. On 55 MPH highways I stayed at the speed limit.

The return trip, however, was 22.71 MPG on Amoco with 10% ethanol.

Regards,
    Dusty