Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ride control suspension on GMC 4x4

ggregggreg Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in GMC
Can you get the ride control suspension on a GMC
4x4 ext. cab 1500 slt? Also, which axle ratio is
better- 3.73 or 4.10. I like a lot of take off
power, but I do not want to compromise gas mileage
to much. Are there any semi-cheap modifications you
can do to get this kind of truck to run 0-60 in
under 8.0 seconds? It would be nice if GM would put
the new high output 6.0 325 hp engine in this
model. You would get great performance and decent
gas mileage, probably 17 miles per gallon. I know
that this is a lot of questions, but i would
appreciate any info.

Comments

• Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    under 8 secs. is no problem if you're willing to pay, more so with a 4x4 and the added weight. In today's aftermarket parts segment, nothing is cheap. You can get the 6.0 in a 1/2 ton in the upcoming 2001 C series GMC truck, no 4wd rather AWD. Don't think you'd get 17.0 combined more like 15-16. Especially with the 4.10. Actual difference between the 3.73 and 4.10 is a couple of mpg, somewhere between 1 and 2. Hope this helps. Oh, BTW, the most effective way to run under 8 secs. would be to add a supercharger running about $4K.
  • Options
    mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    is barely noticable in MPG..

a 5.3 VS a 6.0 is 1-2 MPG....but 10% in differential will hardly be noticed..

get a 4:10

- Tim
  • Options
    rcoosrcoos Member Posts: 167
    You can get the ride control as long as you order the Z71 pkg. The code for the ride control is FW1.
  • Options
    ggregggreg Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have a GMC 4x4 with the ride control suspension? If so, how well does it work?
  • Options
    ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    it hasnt come out yet. ITs new for 2001

Ryan
  • Options
    for a while Ryan.....ZX3 suspension we are talking about??

- Tim
  • Options
    No hes talking about the one for the 4wd trucks the one that you can get for $425 option with the Z71 pkg

The ZX3 was for 2wd trucks

Did you ever see any ZX3 trucks? The sticker? I seen 2 when they first came out stil havent seen any on the road unless everyone took off their stickers.

Ryan
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    zx3 sticker? never saw one...
  • Options
    back in february i went to talk to the guy my dad bought his blazer from i test drove a truck with him. I pulled the truck into the back and noticed on 2 trucks a wierd sticker i took a closer look and it said ZX3 wierd looking one too. Havent seen one since.

Ryan
  • Options
    99crewcab199crewcab1 Member Posts: 79
    I just got my sierra last month. it has the ZX3 suspension as well as 4 wheel drive. the sticker is just the plain 4x4. the shocks are the orange DeCarbon ones. I know that the brochures say its only for 2 wheel drive (at least in the 99 brochure), but for the 2000 models it is now an option.
    later Nick
  • Options
    ZX3 was 4x4 as well.....at very first it was 2WD..but nobody could get it...some guy was waiting like 1.5 years for it?....nuts man

- Tim
  • Options
    The 2 ZX3's i seen were both 2wd and they were made jan 2000. It was like a firm ride button or something. I dont know this is from what i seen and it was only on 2 trks.

Ryan
  • Options
    meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    After 30 or more days of inactivity....

this topic is being "frozen." It will be archived or deleted in the next 10 days or so.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.