Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi S4 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

13»

Comments

• s4ces4ce Member Posts: 13
    tarheel8,

This took lots of haggling despite a longstanding relationship with (and many cars purchased from) my dealer. My only advice is that in this market you shouldn't take no for an answer. Be prepared to walk, and do so when you don't get what you want. There are plenty of Audi dealers thirsty for your business and they get S4s too!

Unfortunately, no mention of price yet. My car is already being built in the factory and still anybody's guess about how much it will cost.

Good luck with your order!
    Now that the retail costs are out, has anyone seen invoice pricing? The cars are starting to show up, but I can't find this info anywhere!
  • davidk12davidk12 Member Posts: 28
    If anyone knows a site that has invoice pricing, I would love to know. I test drove a S4 yesterday and it is the first car that has made me think twice about the bmw 335i (with sport/nav/prem).

Thanks
  • judeman09judeman09 Member Posts: 3
    I am considering purchasing a 2004 Audi S4. I live in Boston and the car is in New York City. A few things I am a little weary of and wondering what to look out for or look in to. The car has 105K on it, and they are asking 13K for it. Now I went and test drove the car and it drove great, very smooth and felt solid. However, I smelled some oil. When I turned the car on again, the oil pressure light and the coolant light both came on. I asked the salesman what was the story and he assured me the engine was in excellent condition. He said he would have the oil changed and the leak? looked at. Now I searched the dealership for reviews on google and I got back just three, all bad ones too. Two didn't really apply as the dealt with financing issues, which I will not be dealing with, the other mentioned something about the dealership saying that they work on your car, but really just clearing the computer so that the problems is masked and not fixed. Is there any possibility that you could clear the computer and the car would not pick up on the problem right away? Love the S4 but not sold on it with the issue? Any suggestions are appreciated-
    Great news: My S4 is finally on its way across "the pond" and should be here in about 2 weeks! I finally got my hands on the invoice pricing, so I thought I'd share. I'd love to hear about lease rates if anyone has heard anything (Car_Man?).

All prices are invoice:

Base Manual: 42,687
    Base S-tronic: 43,989
    Prestige: 5,674
    Nav Pkg w/camera: 2,326
    Driver Assist: 837
    Drive Select: 3,673
    Sports Diff: 1,024
    B&O Stereo: 790
    Silk Nappa seats: 930
    19" wheels: 837
    Sun shade: 466
    Rear side airbags: 325
    Adaptive Cruise control: 1,954
    Carbon inlays: 466
    Stainless inlays: 699
    Gray birch inlays: 466
    Wheel Lock kit: 74

I hope this helps everyone!! :D
  • rlsrljrlsrlj Member Posts: 13
    I am trying to figue out what the difference is between an A4 and an S4...can someone please help?

Thanks!
  • kocsi1kocsi1 Member Posts: 11
    It looks like all the S4 buyers plummeted sometime circa november 2009? Anyone out there with info regarding their prices paid? Would be helpful!
    You looking to buy or sell? I purchased my 01' S4 private party back in february. Looked at several over a years time and finally found the one. Beautiful condition, completely stock, 90k, paid $8750. Best purchase I've made! My advice is take your time and find the right car that has been cared for properly. There are lots of S4 out there, but i've have found that many people modify them or neglect to treat them right. They are a thing of beauty and deserve the best as you probably know already! Good luck-

Jude
    Boston, MA
    I would also highly recommend looking into the service history of the vehicle if you are buying, especially the timing belt!
  • kocsi1kocsi1 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the input Jude! I'm looking to get into a new car. Sounds like you got an awesome deal on yours though! Congrats!
  • carnuts3carnuts3 Member Posts: 8
    Check on www.edmunds .com; also check on www.truecar.com
  • dan234dan234 Member Posts: 3
    I'm really excited about getting an S4. I'm in CA (Bay Area). I was able to negotiate $750 over Invoice. HOWEVER, I see they have added $450 in Port and Dealer Ad Group (DAG) fees. This is in addition to the DMV ($633) and "Doc Fees" ($55). Is this standard? Or is this just a way for the dealer to get more out of the deal?
  • importkingimportking Member Posts: 2
    Here it is;

Blue with the two-toned interior, manual, 42months 15k year, $948 down=$721.00 a month in NJ. Good Deal? Thanks
  • caliguy99caliguy99 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,
    Newbie here out in California, and I have been looking at buying a 2010 S4 from a dealer but I'm not too sure how to present the opening offer. Should I base my offer on the asking price or the calculated Market value? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • noahsdadnoahsdad Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
  • supafr33ksupafr33k Member Posts: 1
    So Cal here...

Just leased a new 2013 Audi S4, Arctic White

MSRP $58,825
    Got them to agree to $51,973.56, then added audi care at $880.
    Trade-in gave me $1,858 which I folded into the upfront lease costs + first month @ $669...

12,000 mile/yr, 36 month lease

$619/month + tax @ 8.0% = $669

How'd I do?
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Didn't lease mine. It's a purchase. But, yours sounds almost exactly the same as mine (right down to the color). Final price is almost identical, too. I didn't spring for the Audi Care, however (dealer really pushed it, though).

So, sounds like a good deal if the MF is spot on.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • klc3757klc3757 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2013
    All,
    I'm considering leasing s4/a5/s5 and want to have a sound strategy when negotiating.
    I have audi supplier certificate which would get me 6% discount off msrp.
    On top of that audi has some incentives running for these cars.
    How much more room do I have when negotiating with dealers? Would dealers offer anything lower than the 6% + audi incentives? What sort of tricks might dealers play other than padding the MF?
    Thanks.
    Bought mine with the 6% off MSRP cert. I live in Cincinnati, but none of the local dealers (all 2 of them) would honor the certificate. I had to go to Chicago to find a dealer who would honor it.

At the time (about a year ago), Audi was offering $1,000 conquest or owner loyalty rebates, too. Don't know if that's still the case.

I pushed for a little more, but the best the dealer would do is throw in some "goodies" like rubber mats.

Good luck!
  • christinefchristinef Member Posts: 6
    Hi everyone, I am looking into purchasing 2013 or 2014 S4 (either slightly used under 10,000 miles or new). I currently drive BMW 535I (has 89,000 miles on it now), and always had BMW or Mercedes, so I am looking for new experience.

From what I've read, sport differential is important to get on the S4. If anyone recently has purchased an audi S4, I would like to hear about your deal and negotiating experience. I live in Los Angeles, so if you have a dealer you had a good experience with, please name names. I would welcome all advice on the audi S4 and its purchasing experience. Thanks so much.

Christine
  • mi7mi7 Member Posts: 31
    I would recommend Circle Audi in long beach. They were pretty easy to work with and gave me a solid discount on a 2013 s4.
  • rs2014rs2014 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,

I'm considering a 2013 manual S4 with MSRP $48,640 (including destination fee). The dealer is offering 6% off MSRP, and has added $240 for some city DAG fee, $195 for preparation & inspection, $75 doc fee, & $535 tax fees (separate from vehicle tax).

Firstly, is 6% off MSRP for a 2013 at this time of the year a good deal? Also, can all these fees be negotiated? I am under the impression that the $895 destination charge is fixed.

Thanks for your advice in advance.
    I like my S4 (2013).

6% is the supplier pricing, which is what I paid. It's a good deal.

The other fees?

$195 for inspecting and preparation? I'd like to know what they're inspecting and preparing. Final inspection is done at the factory before it's delivered. Dealer gets paid by Audi to do any final preparations. So, sounds like they're double dipping there.

Destination is fixed (and covers the above).

I don't know what DAG stands for. So, can't comment on that fee.

$535 tax fee (different from tax)? WOW....unless I'm missing something, I've never heard of a fee to charge you tax.

So, 6% off MSRP. Good price there.

But, add in what I consider questionable fees $535 + $240 + $195 = $970.

I'd tell the dealer to subtract all of that or I'd walk. If they won't, then I'd go to another dealer.