Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi S4 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• _matty_matty Member Posts: 28
    That's a great deal! I wonder if it was a dealer demo or if it was pre-owned? I paid 52,800 for my '06 S4 manual about 3 months ago. I could have paid less and got an '05.5, but there were no MT's to be had, only tiptronics. That's a compromise I just couldn't make. I have debated trading in my S4 for a new RS4 in a few months, but I'm almost afraid to ask what kind of trade-in value I will get.

Maybe I should just supercharge my S4 and save some cash. The cars look almost the same. What do you all think?
  • tagstags Member Posts: 3
    S4 is a good car to drive around, but i'm sure a 4.2 FSI with tighter suspension you would feel the difference when you drive it. But with amount of $$ you going to spend, you might give it a second thought. Wait around and see you options again in a year would be wiser.
  • speedracerrspeedracerr Member Posts: 6
    I know my local dealer has two 06 S4 25quattro, one is brand new model, the other is a demo.

Any idea what price should i get paying for a demo? He's quoted $60k on the new one. I want to offer $56k for the demo one but i dont know what's reasonable.
  • denaliinpadenaliinpa Member Posts: 169
    my local dealer in PA has 2 25th anniversary S4's
    in stock. i love the color, interior, and oversized
    dual exhaust. what i don't like is the vents in the
    rear quarter panel and the pain in the [non-permissible content removed] to clean
    rims!!

matty...i'm still crossing my fingers that there
    will be some nice discounts on the 06's earlier than
    the fall. right now i drive an 05 A8. my lease expires
    in december. i'm guessing the A8 and A4 will see some
    horsepower increases with the 07 model year. plus the S8 and S6 will be available in the fall also. if i could i would own an S4, S8, and A8!!! :D but heck you can only
    drive one at a time!! :)
    Either low ball them on the 25th anniversary model, or hold off. They are NOT selling. My local dealer has 3. One is in the showroom, one is outside, and the other is a demo that the sales manager was driving. I wouldn't offer them much more than the MSRP of the regular S4, and that's for the non-demo.

If the lease on your A8 expires in December, that will be a perfect time for you to get an '06 on closeout. Personally, if you like the 6 and 8 series' I would check out an S6. The V10 Lambo engine is going to be sweet and the car will be available for delivery by then.
  • esfesf Member Posts: 1,020
    Well, I don't think they look "almost the same", but...

I also don't think it's worth it to sell your new S4 for an RS4. Also, if you buy the RS4, I can see you'll be angry at yourself for not waiting for the RS6.

I myself have an '05 S4 Cabriolet (tiptronic), and it annoys me very much that Audi isn't bringing the RS4 Cabriolet to America. If the new '09 S5 Cabriolet is out, or even the RS5, by the time I get a new car, I'll definitely get one of those.

;)
  • esfesf Member Posts: 1,020
    Also, the 420hp reported in the new S6 is wrong. There's actually a slight increase- 435hp.

It's good enough to say "I have 440hp."

;)
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    The 25th Anniv. Quattro came out at a bad time. At 62 grand, the leap to low's 70's for an RS4 with 420 hp isn't that much of a stretch. I think that's why more than a few are still sitting around at dealerships.
  • tcinoctcinoc Member Posts: 5
    rjlaero, you hit the nail on the head. The timing was terrible for the 25th Anniversary. All the dealers in my area also have them sitting on their lots. I can't believe they won't just bite the bullet and sell them at a decent price. As strange as it may sound, I actually prefer the standard 06 S4 now that I've had enough time in one.
    Hey matty, thanks for the response. Actually I haven't checked back in here on this board for quite some time and just happened to take a peak.

For the record, I've found a 6MT at a local dealer that I instantly liked. I'm getting a great deal on it and it's an 06. Paying invoice for it. I'm going to be picking it up in a couple of days and I'm totally psyched.

My sales guy was very cool and allowed me to thoroughly test drive two different S4s back-to-back, one Tip and the other MT. I took them both home over the weekend. I concluded the manual tranny is the best way to go! :)
    Nice! Especially the part about the invoice price. I paid about half way between invoice and MSRP for mine, though I'm sure I could have paid a little less if I had been willing to shop a few hundred miles away. Good to hear you found one right away. I found the exact model I was looking for at a dealer as well and after I test drove it there was no way I was going home in a Nissan Sentra. I traded it in, dent and all on a beautiful '06 S4 that will keep me entertained until the new RS6 comes out.

My B7 has about 9K miles so far. The only problem I have experienced happened one time when I was slowing down for a red light. I put the car in neutral at about 60mph and while I was coasting to a stop the engine stalled. When I noticed what happened I turned it over and the car started immediatly. No big deal, it only happened once, though I may have the idle increased a hair when I take the car in for it's 15K.
    Since I don't know how to post pics here and spend almost all of my time on Audi World you might want to pop in for a visit over there. This is the thread I posted showing the new ride! :)

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b7/msgs/34606.phtml
  • dmvadmva Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Anyone have an idea of a fair price on a 2005 man S4 cab 25k miles, no nav, bose, prem,cold, xeon. Dealer is looking for about 48k. It is certified. thanks.
  • deepthinkerdeepthinker Member Posts: 13
    Hi everybody.....curious what people think about the deal I was offered. A dealership near me has a 05.5 S4 with 600 miles on it. It has nav, bose, prem, and they are talking about invoice for a price. It would come out to about 50k.....does that sound fair? What's the difference between 05.5 and 06? They told me I can still get new car financing on it...don't know where the 600 miles came from, but since it's an 05.5 it's been around for a while. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
  • mdhaukemdhauke Member Posts: 202
    I just bought the 07 S4 in Germany, U.S. specs, for $52,200. Includes Navi, Premium package, cold weather package, and audio package. The 07 S4 now has many previous options that are now standard on the vehicle, obviously taking que from the success the Acura TL has had in having all the neat stuff included in the price.

The best part is that this is tax free, so no state taxes on it. Though I still have to pay the gas guzzlers tax. Will take 3 months to build, but I can't wait to drive on the Autobaun! :shades:
  • matleenamatleena Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,
    as a female I need to ask your advice...just buying a new S4 and got an offer $3000 below MSRP and lojack at no charge. Should I get more down? I just started to do the whole thing via internet and I think that is a good start...
    Is it a 06 or 07?
  • matleenamatleena Member Posts: 2
    sounds about right. i just purchased an 07 for roughly 3200 off msrp. good luck. the S4 is a blast!
  • carl_lazlocarl_lazlo Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease a 07' S4. After the test drive the salesman offered me the following:

Sale Price :51,586
    Cost : 49,586 + 2000 markup
    Total Cap Cost:53,723 (2,137 taxes)

Security Deposits :$5,400

57% residual
    (Total residual: $29,537 @ 36 months)

15K per year

24 months: $1027 per month
    36 months: $862 per month

Is this a good deal or is the dealer working me over?

Thanks! :)
    the only way i would ever lease a vehicle is if i was sure i would put the amount of miles on the car the lease allows. i leased an A8 and i am currently way under mileage at the moment so i'm pissed i didn't get my monies worth. the 07 S4 i just picked up i purchased. put 6k down. payment is about 980 per month for 60 months. so unless you are sure you will put 36k or 24k on the vehicle a lease may be for you. if not basic finance rates are better than most lease money factors. good luck.
  • cohenfivecohenfive Member Posts: 85
    just wanted to give you all a headsup...a colleague of mine just bought an 05.5 s4 (tip, loaded) from his local porsche/audi dealer for $40k. the car had 3800 miles on it, original msrp of $56k...i thought that was a very good deal, no issues with the car at all.
  • kbliptonkblipton Member Posts: 3
    My dealer tells me it will take up to 5 months to build the S4 Avant to my specs, and they want to sell me one they have. Does that sound right?
    i can't tell you if the dealer is bs'ing you but S4 avants do seem to be few and far between.
    It doesn't take 5 months to build and deliver, however, the factory is so backed up with orders they may not even get to yours for another 2 - 3 months,
    Thanks.
  • a4innja4innj Member Posts: 1
    Maybe this will help you, maybe not. Not sure where you are located, but I talked to a dealer at Hoffman Augo http://www.hoffmanauto.com/ in CT with 3 05 S4's Avants MSRP between $50k - $52k said he could probably work it down to near $45k. Check the webpage and search their inventory.
    THANK YOU!!!!!
  • khoeschenkhoeschen Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2007 S4 from a dealer in Wisconsin. I ended up at $2100 over invoice. I think I could have got it down more, to probably around $1600 - $1700 over invoice. The 2007's seem to be selling well, but probably not so much in the winter in Wisconsin. The salesperson said they will sell all the S4's on the lot when spring arrives (of course, that could be just talk).
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Audi has really cut back on production of the 06-07 S4's models. They made too many 2004/2005 models with the new V8. Audi is trying to keep the S4 more exclusive and special with the new grill & styling.
  • uncledennyuncledenny Member Posts: 1
    The dealer (New Country in CT) is offering two 2004 S4s (one with nav and 30k; the other does not have nav and has about 28k)for 36,900. What's a good price?
  • s4ers4er Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased an 07 S4 with 3,800 mi...think the deal was ok, but believe I could have done better. Specs:

- Brilliant Black
    - 18" BBS RE Rims
    - Nav System
    - DTM
    - Audio Pkg
    - Premium Pkg
    - Blue Tooth Phone Prep
    - Carbon Fiber Beltline Trim
    - Rear Acoustic Parking
    - Tire Pressure Monitoring
    - Heated Front/Rear Seats

Dealer wanted $52K I offered $49K...they accepted. In hindsight, know they would have gone lower...damn! All that said, love this car...best all around car (power, luxury, fun to drive) I've owned :)
  • csbprezcsbprez Member Posts: 1
    Leased a 2007 S4 Cab Fully loaded with 15k mile allowance and every available option for $1100 with nothing down except gas guzzler charge. Tax worked into payments. Looks like a good deal because no one else came close. Took 4 months to get it.
  • suitecwsuitecw Member Posts: 1
    Early 50's mid-life crisis here. Want a quality fast German 4-door sedan. Owned a new '86 S-Series M-B for 3 yrs. and loved it, but gave it up for perception' issues (don't ask :cry: )... went 'American' for quite awhile, but need that German feeling again. I'm torn between a new M-b C55 and the S4. Need advice... thanks!! :confuse:
    If you want a fast car that corners on a dime, the S4 is for you. Sure, the BMW M models might beat it off the line, but in a slalom, the S4 kills it. The quatro on this thing is amazing. I actually live in Germany right now and am having a blast with this car. There is this windy country road in between my house and my work that I take the thing on and I am doing corners at 60 - 70 mph that I would have never have thought before to take above 40mph. It is just fricken amazing. If you are looking for something to shoot off the line, this car is not for you. However if your looking for that power to give you constant acceleration from zero up until as fast as you want it and to take corners at almost any speed, this car has the power at any speed. On the autobahn I can get this thing from 80 mph to 150 mph in about 10 - 20 seconds.

Again, it wasn't the speed that so impressed me about this car, it's the fact that it corners on a dime!!! :shades:
  • s4ers4er Member Posts: 2
    Agree with mdhauke. M3 vs S4, S4 is a slam dunk...Audi interior craftsmanship is 2nd to none, all-wheel drive, four doors and superior handling caps the 2-door M3's slight advantage 0-60. That said, the new BMW 335i 4-door is worth considering...couple ticks advantage 0-60, 4 or 5K price advantage...all around a very good car, but lacks all-wheel drive. Bottom line...I'd drive both and make your choice and buy the car that's right for you.

BTW...I decided on the 07 S4. More exclusive (just don't see that many compared to the BMW 3 series), all-wheel drive, a sweet sounding V8 and a look that really appeals to me.

Bottom line...no one can make the call for you; you need to buy the car that speaks to you.
  • caothangbuicaothangbui Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone! I am planning to do an engine swap for my A4 to the S4 engine 2.7T bi-turbo V6. I know that its cheaper to buy the Audi S4 itself but the point of me doing the engine swap is for cheaper insurance and i don't mind the money and time i will put in the swap. So if anyone knows, i am just wondering which year 2.7T bi-turbo V6 engine is the Best selection in terms of power and quality for the B5 model. If anyone can tell me the year and why, i would really appreciate it.
    Thank you so much.
  • andrewd123andrewd123 Member Posts: 1
    Are there any end of the year killer deals on S4 leases?
  • 1in2501in250 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing this 25th anniversary S4:
    link title
    I drove it today, and it's pretty sweet. However it's got a black roof. EVERY other pic I've seen on the 'net of the 25th anniversary cars shows the roof body-coloured.
    The Carfax is clean, so I'm curious if Audi changed the roof colour during the limited production run, or if the original owner must have painted it?
  • jpierce1jpierce1 Member Posts: 3
    I have never seen or heard of two-tone S4s, I agree with you that the owner likely painted it black. I have one S4 and am shopping for another one - not impossible to have a two-tone factory original, but unlikely.
  • wayknow1wayknow1 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had any experiences with agents that charge usually a grand to buy the car you specify at a off lease auto action. I have be talking one agent that do this for a living and it seems like a person can get a 04, 05 S4 that just came off lease from Audi Financial for somewhere in the low-mid 20's.

Details on how this works from the agent are:
    I spec the car I want, colors, extras, and such, the agent sends me the list of cars at the next auction, I tell the agent what I want, the agent attends the action, inspects the car(s), calls me and discusses the car while he(the agent) is standing beside it. The agent and I decided if the car is what I want, if so the agent bids up to my max $, if my bid wins, the agent buys the car with the agents money (not mine) then has the car inspected by a shop. The agent and I meet so I can buy the car from the agent. If I do not like the car for whatever reason I am not bound to buy it from the agent and am only out my travel expenses.

Anyone had any experiences with agents?
  • 600poundsofsin600poundsofsin Member Posts: 9
    Hi there,

I'm curious about the current money factor for the RS4 sedan (12K miles, 36 months). Any other useful info on residuals, incentives, and how much I can expect to pay at, under, or over invoice would also be greatly appreciated!

Also, how easy is it to break a current lease with Audi (an A4) to start a new lease on the RS4?

Thanks!
  • randyfrischrandyfrisch Member Posts: 9
    How did that swap go? ;)
  • packrfanpackrfan Member Posts: 50
    Wayknow1 - did you get any feedback on this question?

I used an agent - mainly does fleet but will source one-off new or used cars, to recently buy a replacement for my 02 Forester with an 09 (great vehicle, btw) and he was the negotiator for terms - paid for by someone else. It was a good experience even tho i did most of the leg work to get to my asking price - he had the tough conversation on price and trade-in (unless it really is a conspiracy and he's in cahoots with the dealer!). i drove it and picked it up - all very friendly.

I'm considering using him to source a below-market 07 S4. Any futher thoughts?
  • Chioldi0924Chioldi0924 Member Posts: 1
    I am thinking about buying a 2001 Audi S4. It has all the bells and whistles one could ask for and the price is right. My hesitation is that this car is a '01 and has 107k. I have never had a car with that many miles on it before. I know that Audis are $$$ to maintain but is there anything I should look out for specifically? I dont want to buy the car and turn around and have to put too much money into it. Can someone give me a little advice. It would be much appreciated, thanks!!

:confuse:
  • hkhan81hkhan81 Member Posts: 1
    Friend of mine wants to sell his 2004 Audi S4. It's been gently/barely driven for the last several years and parked in a heated garage 24/7.

Specs: '04 S4 with 28K miles ( silver color, manual transmission, bose, nav, seat warmers etc).

Asking price is $14,000. This is a good friend of mine and I know this car well, driven it several times, no known problems except for some light scratches on the bumpers). Is this a good price or should I be wasting my time shopping around dealerships? Basically in the market for a used sport compact.
  • nyjfnyjf Member Posts: 1
    25th Anniversary Edition with 22,000 miles going back to dealer soon; can purchase at end of lease if someone commits to purchase; excellent condition; looking to make a couple grand after covering taxes on purchase; NYC metro area
  • s4ces4ce Member Posts: 13
    I just completed a buyer's agreement with my local dealership for the 2nd 2010 S4 they will receive and wanted to get everyone's opinion. The pricing and order guide are not yet available, so here's what we agreed on:

2nd allocated 2010 S4 to arrive ~September 2009
    I can configure the car however I choose when the order guide becomes availble
    I will pay 3% above dealer invoice as well as the $399 "dealer service" fee, tax, tag, title
    Audi Care will be included in the above price

Has anyone else committed to a 2010 S4? What was your experience?
  • jpdisarrojpdisarro Member Posts: 33
    s4ce, that seems like a pretty good deal considering that the car will not be released for a few more months. I may consider the S4 in the next year or two, depending on its price. From what I have read online, it has been speculated that the 2010 S4 will be priced significantly below the S5 and even below the previous S4. We'll see if that's the case.
  • tarheel8tarheel8 Member Posts: 1
    s4ce

3% above invoice means that you'll be paying roughly $1500 above invoice. I looked at last years S4 and it seems that on average people were paying $1000 above invoice.
    Considering this is a new model and a pre-order, sounds like you got a pretty good deal. How much haggling did you have to do to get this? Any other details because I think I'm going to call up my dealership and try to get this deal too. Was just wondering if you had any other advice. Also did they mention how they were going to price options? Thanks.